Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Dames, Dogs and Danke

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I've only seen two celebrities say Teddi is bad for RHoBH:  Jennifer Lawrence and Megan McCain.  I stand by my asshole remark.

Cassie Wilson and Danielle Schneider also said it last night and there have been a few others.

• Love 7
Just now, biakbiak said:

Cassie Wilson and Danielle Schneider also said it last night and there have been a few others.

Just to be clear, I wasn't implying that JL and MM were the only ones that said that about Teddi,  just the ones that I was aware of. 

I don't know who these women are.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Who?

Casey used to be on SNL and has starred on several sitcoms including Happy Endings which has a lot of devoted fans and Danielle writes on several sitcoms and created the hilarious Hotwives spoof of Housewives and together they host a popular Housewives podcast.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Casey used to be on SNL and has starred on several sitcoms including Happy Endings which has a lot of devoted fans and Danielle writes on several sitcoms and created the hilarious Hotwives spoof of Housewives and together they host a popular Housewives podcast.

This confirms my recent suspicion that I am officially old. Pop culture has passed me by.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Thanks.  I know Casey, (loved Happy Endings!), but I did not know who the other woman was last night.  I only watched part of it.  They were really trying to be clever.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

One of the most important things for a runway show of swimwear - is that they fit perfectly for each model hired. It will give the buyers the illusion that these will work for their customers as they play, swim, walk, lay down, not just lounge around and pose.

With a photo shoot they can hide it better as they can add a big old paper clip to the back of the bikini so that it looks like it's perfectly fitted to the model in the still shot.

Normally, they will make perfect fitting suits for their runway models, which differs from what goes into production in terms of measurements. Most times a better fabric grade is used for a show.

The Beverly Beach line is crap - I'm going by what I've seen of it online on their website.

I saw the same photos as you - and you're right, saggy everywhere.

In this episode, Dorit says she wanted the neckline lower - well that changes the entire way the fabric needs to be cut and it will have to be fitted to see how it drapes across the body.

I’m not trying to claim that her line is great, but that her efforts are much more authentic, based on what I’ve seen, than most other HW’s. Of course they should be fitted to the specific model for the runway show, that’s not the stage they were at. It is not required that a suit be tailored to a specific model in order to walk, But it is preferable.

The entire thing doesn’t need to be recut just to deepen the neckline, but even if it did, these pieces shown were likely just working samples. The whole point of that meeting seemed to be to make these adjustments so that changes can be made, patterns redrawn, etc. 

I can’t stand Dorit, and I’m not overly impressed with Beverly Beach, but I do appreciate that she clearly has studied and developed some skills/knowledge in fashion, mediocre as it may be.

• Love 6

Until these celebrities whip out their checkbooks and start covering the production costs of the show, their opinion is really just that...their opinion. It really shouldn't have any final say or bearing on who should or shouldn't be a HW.

• Love 20
59 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I am glad they showed it, I think people need to see it and be outraged.  I know I am.  The more outraged people the better!  

I agree. And I noticed LVP told people not to look away, no matter how hard it was. I appreciated that, as well as the people who did not look away. I know it's disgusting, but we NEED to be disgusted! 

• Love 17

One more complaint about when the RH travel, they always stay at super fancy, yet nondescript hotels. The hotel they are staying in is beautiful, but it could be in any country in the world. No local flavor at all. Would I turn down a suit at the Waldorf? No, but when I travel, particularly abroad, I like to stay in small boutique hotels that actually give me the feeling that I am in a foreign country. And they eat in the hotel? I mean seriously, with all the good food to be had outside the doors? Maybe it's a filming thing, but I want to scream at them to get the eff out of the hotel. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

Yep, I related to Teddi as well. 

I hate that every person Andy asks on WWHL says Teddie needs to go. I enjoy her. I get she's not fab sex kitten like Erika or even crazy Dorit bUT I can't help but like her, I'm sure she won't be back next season,  as Andy seems to be getting lots of negative feedback from his celebrity friends. 

One of the two chicks Andy had on WWHL last night identified by other posters here (I had no clue who they were other than major Housewives' fans), asked if Teddi was going to be a one and done and Andy said no... he really didn't think so. 

I don't think LVP has it out for Rinna as much as she really loves to poke at people and because of Rinna's actions and mouth, she used to be an easy target.  In turn Rinna pokes at LVP in her talking heads.  I think they both enjoy the back and forth. 

How did I miss Erika's beautiful Tiago on all the previous episodes?  He really is a gorgeous dog.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I turned to another channel for a few minutes! 

Ditto...I FF through it....I know those images would haunt me.  I support a local rescue, but I cant look at some of the pics....too much

• Love 10

Brian Moylan mentioned in his recap that his boyfriend is a plane enthusiast and told Brian that Lisa and Kyle are flying in first class and that everyone else is in business. That includes Erika, the woman who organized this trip and owns two private jets. 

I wonder how that gets decided, and who pays for it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

Notice you said almost  all - well Rinna is one of them. as an established brand

Would she even have a one if her brand was in decline?

Yes, Rinna has been on QVC for quite a while now. Yes, even when a product is in decline they will do a TSV to up the sales if they think it will help. QVC stuck with Rinna even when there was a big outcry for them to drop her, she had more TSV during that time than previously in hopes that people would forgive her. Rinna on QVC is the Rinna that most of us here love, no nastiness, just a lot of joking/goofiness. I really do believe that she has toned it way down because she was worried that her clothing line could go bye, bye, not because of her daughters. 

45 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

I don't think LVP has it out for Rinna as much as she really loves to poke at people and because of Rinna's actions and mouth, she used to be an easy target.  In turn Rinna pokes at LVP in her talking heads.  I think they both enjoy the back and forth. 

Both Lisa and Rinna have said that they love to poke fun at each other and that they missed that when they were fighting. It is nice to see them getting back to the funny jab shtick.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Brian Moylan mentioned in his recap that his boyfriend is a plane enthusiast and told Brian that Lisa and Kyle are flying in first class and that everyone else is in business. That includes Erika, the woman who organized this trip and owns two private jets. 

Sorry, don't believe Brian Moyland.  (I don't know who he is.)  Teddi, Rinna and Dorit were filmed in first class.

• Love 10

QVC stuck with Rinna even when there was a big outcry for them to drop her, she had more TSV during that time than previously in hopes that people would forgive her.

They probably stuck with her because the outcry probably did not have huge effect on her sales.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

They probably stuck with her because the outcry probably had no huge effect on her sales.

I think it did have a negative impact, she had more than normal in the clearance section during that time. She was known for selling out and that was not happening. QVC believes in her and they stuck though it with her hoping things got better and they have. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

One more complaint about when the RH travel, they always stay at super fancy, yet nondescript hotels. The hotel they are staying in is beautiful, but it could be in any country in the world. No local flavor at all. Would I turn down a suit at the Waldorf? No, but when I travel, particularly abroad, I like to stay in small boutique hotels that actually give me the feeling that I am in a foreign country. And they eat in the hotel? I mean seriously, with all the good food to be had outside the doors? Maybe it's a filming thing, but I want to scream at them to get the eff out of the hotel. 

I agree. I've only traveled internationally once, but I chose to stay in B&Bs. I thought it really helped me get the local feel. I realize some want an option more luxurious than this. But then yea, pick a specialized place. A castle, even! Agree with your other point as well. You're so lucky to travel to Berlin and you just want to do everything in the damn hotel???? It baffles me. 

• Love 10

It's possible Bravo is picking the hotels based on the best corporate rate/discount they can get for each hotel. Unless the smaller boutique/B&B is part of a large hotel chain, they might not get that.

Also, smaller hotels means smaller rooms, lobbies, etc, which could make group scenes harder to film, logistically.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

It's possible Bravo is picking the hotels based on the best corporate rate/discount they can get for each hotel.

Oh that's a definite!

6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. I've only traveled internationally once, but I chose to stay in B&Bs.

Same here!  It's fun researching different neighborhoods, figuring out what's closest to train stations, sights, restaurants.  And generally B&B's are much cheaper than hotel chains.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, BBHN said:

They probably stuck with her because the outcry probably had no huge effect on her sales.

Rinna has been with QVC since 2011, way before she was a cast member on RHOBH. Their partnership has lasted this long because RHOBH has no impact on the sales of her brand. She already had a huge customer base, as she affectionately calls her Shirley. The negative comments left on the QVC site after the drama on BH - were left by people that were fans of the show not Rinna Collection customers. The customers of her clothing line are not necessarily people who follow her acting/reality tv career. Had it really been that bad, QVC would have dropped her and put up a Kim Richards clothing line and I don't foresee that happening - EVAH!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Mauricio is not terrible to look at, as a man - but not as a woman - those poor girls.

All four of them are pretty girls, including the oldest, who also looks a lot like her father (not Mauricio).

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

The big corporate chains probably pay Bravo for “product placement” - or at least provide free rooms.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, ChitChat said:

So true.  It made me mad to think that Dorit got on a flight - an international one at that, knowing that she was coming down with the flu.  With the way this past flu season played out, any doctor worth his salt told his patients to stay home if possible so as not to spread the flu.  How very selfish of her to board a plane and expose her germs to everybody from the airport terminal, to the plane, to the hotel staff in Berlin.  Pffffttt!  

That's one thing that I do like about EJ, and it's her ability to laugh about the "Pretty Woman" aspect (EJ's words) of her relationship with Tom.  She "owns" it!  

Me too!  She could have at least worn a gd mask.  I am super sensitive to this sort of thing since I have MS and get really pissed when obviously sick people do not stay home or at least do what they can to NOT spread the plague.  LVP handled that much better than I would have in a similar situation.  

• Love 11

These ladies would not stay at anything less then a luxury suite pretty much. They tried giving them a more local place to stay on RHOA when they went to Barcelona and pretty much all of them flipped out lol.

• Love 9

Even before she got sick, i couldn't believe Dorit would take off for a whole week "vacation" when it was an important time for HER business!!!   I know, I know, she has people, but I just think it makes her look unprofessional and uninvested.

Going back awhile, am I the only one who thought Rinna might have been "acting" like a drunk (for the laughs) when the group was in New York?

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Sorry, don't believe Brian Moyland.  (I don't know who he is.)  Teddi, Rinna and Dorit were filmed in first class.

No they were in in business class which has seats like that. Kyle and LVP were in first class which allows you to have the divide that goes to the ceiling. Perhaps Kyle and LVP have more frequent flyer miles.

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Even before she got sick, i couldn't believe Dorit would take off for a whole week "vacation" when it was an important time for HER business!!!   I know, I know, she has people, but I just think it makes her look unprofessional and uninvested.

Going back awhile, am I the only one who thought Rinna might have been "acting" like a drunk (for the laughs) when the group was in New York?

I believe the trip is only a 4 day trip and she couldn't call off from her other job, Bravo HW, so she had to go. LOL

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Those lie flat sleepers (that they were all filmed in) are available in Business Class. I know because I'm looking at using them for my next trip to Europe. And Business Class ain't exactly cheap.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I wonder how that gets decided, and who pays for it.

When I worked in TV, most of my job was booking travel. Usually there are different levels of clearance like crew is always economy, talent is in business and anyone with a producer credit might get first class. Lisa has a producer credit for the network with VPR. Her and Kyle are the only OGs. It would not surprise me if production books them on first. It's also possible the two of them just paid the difference to upgrade. Occasionally people with premier status with the airline get bumped automatically.

I've never worked for Bravo so I can't say for sure, but that's how we did it on my show back in the day.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Yeah, didn't she admit for their trip (to Japan?) last year that she did have her own "glam squad"?  They just aren't regular characters on the show, like Mikey. (and for that, I am thankful). 

Yep I definitely remember her dog from last season, because I thought he was so gorgeous!  <3 

LOL You should have seen the ridiculously long list I left for my in-laws when we went away to Ireland/Scotland in September... for our DOG!!  My FIL (who is truly an awesome, kind man--but grew up in the "country" where animals were mostly kept outside to hunt, etc) looked at me like I had 2 heads when he saw the list.   I can only IMAGINE how extensive a list is for human children!!  

We did the same for our dogs when we went to England last year.  And he is like the east coast Cesar Milan 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Portia wearing The Agency t-shirt - now we know youth sizes are viable options for all those upcoming grade school graduation presents... 

I personally don't care about Mauricio using the show to advertise his business via T-shirts, but this post made me laugh really hard!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7

I'm glad that Ken and Lisa are continuing to give exposure to the Yulin dog festival. I hope that enough people become outraged to put a stop to it altogether. 

I like that all of the women were happy with their rooms and there wasn't any temper tantrum bullshit like with Ramona and Sonja in Mexico last season on RHNY. 

LVP made me laugh out loud when she said that Erika clearly has a type. I like Tom but that comment was funny.

Teddi and her husband seem genuinely happy together. Wow regarding the busy schedules for their kids!

I disagree with those who feel that this episode and season have been boring. For me, each episode this season has been the right mix of luxury, laughter, and drama. I don't really see the need for a big cast shake up.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 17

From the clip for next week, is Erika’s glam squad trying out looks for Tom’s will reading?  Wtf with the black veil?  And just as I was processing that, they showed Rinna looking like her makeup gun got set to whore.  I feel sure I’ve already seen what will amuse me most next week.

• Love 15

They are gone for 4 days and these bitches need trunks and/or entire suitcase sets?  I went to Europe for 15 days and took a carry on backpack bag and a smaller "purse." That's it.  And Erika has to take her  . . . whatever he is . . . stylist? . . . assistant? . . . because she can't manage to brush her own hair and put her own damn clothes on?  Jeebus, come on!  I used to like Erika but God almighty, she is a high maintenance PITA.

I won't lie, I was in tears with the few glimpses of Lisa's documentary.  Bless her and Ken for all they do for animals. I've said this before and I'll say it again  -- no matter how snooty they may be, I'll always wave it away because of how they treat animals. 

Edwin is refreshingly normal.

I've seen swimsuits like Dorit's at Target. Next. 

I realize that sometimes you have to travel ill.  I also realize that you don't always know you have the flu.  HOWEVER . . . Dorit knew she was coming down with something. So you don't hang all over other people!   And what kind of a moron is she that she didn't realize you can't take Tamiflu and Xyrtec together?  No wonder she was puking all the way from LA to Berlin. Gah. Couldn't happen to a judgier person.

Poor Lisa should have hung up on Dorit when she kept going on and on about Pikachu.  

I love Rinna. I can't help it. I do. 

• Love 18

Erica, there ain’t nothing sexy or cute about getting in and out of vinyl/leather/pleather pants, not matter how much you and Mikey chant about lube and powder.

Seriously, it feels like EJ’s character this episode was brought to us by the writers of “Friends”

PIVOT!!!

• Love 21
40 minutes ago, Chicosan said:

As hard as Erika tries to be so cool, so hip, so rich and so iconic, I just can’t get past her pronunciation of “important”. She says “impohdund” and it drives me batshit crazy. I have no doubt she thinks and writes “I should of”.

I know, I should give zero fucks...

EriCa is a MORON!!!

22 minutes ago, papermoon said:

Erica, there ain’t nothing sexy or cute about getting in and out of vinyl/leather/pleather pants, not matter how much you and Mikey chant about lube and powder.

Seriously, it feels like EJ’s character this episode was brought to us by the writers of “Friends”

PIVOT!!!

EriCa is the epitome of low-class TRASH!!!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

All four of them are pretty girls, including the oldest, who also looks a lot like her father (not Mauricio).

Going to have to strongly disagree with you there!  I find the younger three terribly unattractive.  Farrah is gorgeous but looks nothing like her father.

5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

He writes recaps for vulture.  No, he's right, you can tell by the setup of the seats.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Going to have to strongly disagree with you there!  I find the younger three terribly unattractive.  Farrah is gorgeous but looks nothing like her father.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10

I'd like to know how that little skimp of fabric that only covers the center of anyone's behind (and less than that on most women) is going to lift, tighten and make your butt look perfect.....(except, of course, if your butt already is perfect).

It's like watching 20 year old models posing for anti-wrinkle cream ads.  They actually think that we believe those are 40+ year old women who used their particular product, and voila! No wrinkles or crow's feet!   As for Dorit's swimsuits, if they can make one's ass look great, I'd like to see what the top could do for me!  Maybe I'd magically grow some boobs.  ;)

• Love 6

I’m really not comfortable with commenting on the appearance or in unattractiveness of underage children, who really don’t have the choice about being on the shows. Or at least, not the maturity to understand the scrutiny and repercussions of being on a reality TV show. 

They're all beautiful girls.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Rahul said:

Good. This show needs a down to earth outsider like Teddi. Who else will hold these pretentious bitches accountable for their actions?

Calling everyone out to make them "accountable" makes her pretentious, which really, really annoys me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

From the clip for next week, is Erika’s glam squad trying out looks for Tom’s will reading?  Wtf with the black veil?  And just as I was processing that, they showed Rinna looking like her makeup gun got set to whore.  I feel sure I’ve already seen what will amuse me most next week.

Maybe she's channeling her previous life...??

• Love 15