Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: New Year's Eve

What a lovely, wonderful season finale -- ruined only for me by the last scene that they decided to make an annoying cliffhanger. 

Oh, was there ever a sweeter show than this?

I am so in love with Christine--and with Ken--that I will gladly marry either or both of them.  My husband doesn't need to know.

If I have any complaint at all about this near-perfect show, it is that Dale seems to have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  Everybody else (except maybe Ken, and maybe he just hasn't had enough screen time yet) has shown at least a little bit of an unattractive, selfish or just plain stupid impulse; I've never seen Dale do or say anything that wasn't unattractive, selfish or just plain stupid.  Until he gave Ken his blessing to marry his mother.  But that's not enough.

• Love 8

The odd thing is, originally Chip seemed to be the one that didn't have it together or have one iota of sense or sensitivity. Still doesn't, but he's getting better. And Dale has just gone off the tracks. Just lacks any sort of empathy or consideration of others. I don't get him. I was kinda hoping he'd freeze to death after running out in the snow in a silk kimono and bare feet. Dumbass. Ken was too kind to him, but that's Ken. At least we won't have to contend with Shannon next season.

Darn those cliffhangers! Say "Yes" Christine!

• Love 5

Loved it. What a sweet finale. I'm not a fan of cliffhangers, but this one seemed just fine.

So funny when Ken came out of the cabin carrying an axe and said, "I'll get him, Christine!"

Christine's conversation with Shannon was great. I love how she knew Shannon had already been married. She had her pegged right away. Christine's got some mad people skills.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Dale has slapped a Walmart greeter.

I was actually feeling bad for Dale. He's got a lot of problems and was feeling the weight of his pathetic life as he stood there in the snow. 

Chip sure has come a long way. It was so nice when he told Christine that she shouldn't be worrying so much about her two grown sons.

Such a wonderful show.

• Love 4

I really thought this was going to be the last season of this show, but clearly with the way they ended the episode they are expecting a pickup for next season.

Has anything official been announced yet?

• Love 1

Oh man, I hope this show is renewed, it is a little treasure that probably no one watches.  But everyone I have turned on to this show, LOVES IT, but then, they are all in need of heavy medication like myself. Christine is JUST IT. I love love love her.  She always looks on the bright side of life.  And yes, she will say YES. Give Louie another Emmy folks! Wonderful episode.  ?

• Love 3

I'm so glad there wasn't any actual rodeo-ing all season.

LOVED the adult children insisting they're capable of accepting responsibility for themselves.

Very smart of the show-runners to notice Christine is the character people tuned in to watch, and then adapting accordingly.  I don't care any more about the French runaway bride than I do bronco busting.

I laughed at Zach G. taking all those hits during the "twin fight."

• Love 4

What a great season.  So satisfying and, as mentioned numerous times, sweet.  This show has a real soul.

Love all the "little" moments on this show - "Why does he have an axe?", Dale going through his absurd list of who he has slapped, Martha's cast, every single expression Louie projects, "play dead, maybe they'll go away"...  On and on.

Can't wait for another season!

• Love 3