Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Baby Shower Blowup

• Start Topic

Ashley and Bar’s baby shower goes from zero to one hundred, Brianna is caught in the middle of her mom and Danae, Kayla grows concerned that she may end up a single mom.

The dads on this franchise make some of the other dads on TM and TM2 look like princes. 

Lexi is getting the you are my gf, you are not my gf line from fat Kyler, who is no prize. 

Brianna gets left on the side of the road by Danae and the only person who is troubled by it is Brianna's mom

Stephan totally admits he doesn't want to be around Kayla, even though she is way pregnant. 

These three sit around and mope and wait for scraps of a relationship to come their way. Just pathetic. 

Poor Jade, she has so much to deal with without her 24/7 videogaming bf. He needs an ass kicking, as do her parentals. 

That baby shower was so awful. Was Bar's mom drunk or high? She was just looking for trouble

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 11

Bar’s mom is batshit.  Her face and mannerisms remind me of Amber from Teen Mom.  Though I’m a fan of Amber now back in the day she was nuts too. 

Bar’s mom making the baby shower about her - when she threw down her purse and started emptying it during the shower games? you could tell her son was so embarrassed even though he tried to smile through it. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, chuckity said:

Bar's mom is a lunatic ... and her boyfriend.  They're both posting screenshots of texts (including the phone number of her son, Ashley AND the MTV producer on facebook. 

So far I actually like Bar, because for him to be raised by that loon and still be a fairly reasonable human being is a major accomplishment.  I feel like he is able to articulate himself well and he's stuck in a very tough spot having to choose between his insane mother and his girlfriend/baby's mom.  Yeah we've seen him yelling at Ashley, but she also yells at him and the topic of his mother is clearly a very sensitive one.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

The dads on this franchise make some of the other dads on TM and TM2 look like princes. 

Lexi is getting the you are my gf, you are not my gf line from fat Kyler, who is no prize. 

Brianna gets left on the side of the road by Danae and the only person who is troubled by it is Brianna's mom

Stephan totally admits he doesn't want to be around Kayla, even though she is way pregnant. 

These three sit around and mope and wait for scraps of a relationship to come their way. Just pathetic. 

Poor Jade, she has so much to deal with without her 24/7 videogaming bf. He needs an ass kicking, as do her parentals. 

That baby shower was so awful. Was Bar's mom drunk or high? She was just looking for trouble

What is Kyler's deal? Where does he get the idea that he is some sort of Gold Standard? I don't get what Lexi sees in him. He's not cute or funny or sweet or smart. He's just an ugly, charmless, pudgy ball of nothing. Kick him to the curb, Lexi!

Brianna ran barefoot after the car Danae was in, then when they stopped and let her in, she raised a ruckus and demanded to be let out? And Danae is the one with the problem? I can see her mother being concerned that her daughter was left by the side of the road (four blocks from her house, in the mean streets of Crapville, Indiana or wherever they live), but making it all Danae's fault was ridiculous. Lady, your daughter is the one who got herself knocked up in a revenge fuck because she was mad at her boyfriend. Lecturing Danae about "taking care" of her daughter was so over the top and foolish. Did she say one word to Brianna about running through the streets at night and making screaming scenes? Sheesh.

Stephan is a classic abuser. I hope Kayla stays far away.

I feel bad for Bar. His mother is batshit crazy, but she's his mother. Ashley and her mother could have chosen to de-escalate, just let her leave without comment. What did they gain by running after her, confronting her, and engaging in a screaming match?

God, some of these folks are so trashy.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Speaking of which there is a noticeable lack of dads' involvement for all of these teens.  Besides Jade mentioning her dad in passing (as in, he lost his job after he failed his drug test) not seeing any sign of the dads of the young moms or dads.  Sad because it's a cycle, and likely these babies are at higher risk for minimal involvement from their birth dads.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, chuckity said:

.... and I'm down the rabbit hole.  Bar's mom's "business" website:  https://www.facebook.com/carteblancheetc/?pnref=lhc

Wow. Her selfies are heavily filtered.

8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What is Kyler's deal? Where does he get the idea that he is some sort of Gold Standard? I don't get what Lexi sees in him. He's not cute or funny or sweet or smart. He's just an ugly, charmless, pudgy ball of nothing. Kick him to the curb, Lexi!

Right? During their conversation outdoors where was asking him where they stood, he basically said she was too clingy when they were together and he couldn't hang out with his friends. He also said he wants to date other people. Her response? "It's so confusing." Um, no it's not. He wants to see other people. 

Brianna ran barefoot after the car Danae was in, then when they stopped and let her in, she raised a ruckus and demanded to be let out? And Danae is the one with the problem? I can see her mother being concerned that her daughter was left by the side of the road (four blocks from her house, in the mean streets of Crapville, Indiana or wherever they live), but making it all Danae's fault was ridiculous. Lady, your daughter is the one who got herself knocked up in a revenge fuck because she was mad at her boyfriend. Lecturing Danae about "taking care" of her daughter was so over the top and foolish. Did she say one word to Brianna about running through the streets at night and making screaming scenes? Sheesh.

I agree! Brianna accused Danae of being juvenile when they were talking about it the next morning. Pot, meet kettle. I know Brianna is young, but her mom should really be teaching her to have some sense of dignity and not be chasing after a boy - literally! Actually, all these moms should be teaching these girls some self worth and to value themselves far more than to be mixed up with any of these losers they chose to procreate with.

God, some of these folks are so trashy.

That is a tremendous understatement.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Quita said:

I know Brianna is young, but her mom should really be teaching her to have some sense of dignity and not be chasing after a boy - literally! Actually, all these moms should be teaching these girls some self worth and to value themselves far more than to be mixed up with any of these losers they chose to procreate with.

I could not agree more! Seriously, these mothers drive me to drink. Every last one of them expects these boys to "step up" and "provide". Its 2018!  The mothers seem to feel that their precious angels are blameless victims. Do not even get me started on the boys moving in with the girls' families. In what world is two high school juniors playing house under your roof a situation to be desired? 

• Love 12

I've never been to a baby shower where the mom and dad to be sit at a head table like bride and groom.  And a unicorn theme? Save that shit for the baby's birthday party. You're adult now.

• Love 17
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, woot said:

Bar’s mom is batshit.  Her face and mannerisms remind me of Amber from Teen Mom.

Maybe? It's too early to tell. If she ends up being the most disgusting piece of shit on reality TV, then she will remind me of Amber.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 6

Bar's mom is 100% trash bag.  She makes the Coven look like demure princesses.  I can't believe the fighting that ensued and it seems to be ongoing.  That poor baby that's being brought into all this.  And her business?  Who puts a ton of doctored selfies on a business page?  

1 hour ago, Quilty said:

I've never been to a baby shower where the mom and dad to be sit at a head table like bride and groom.  And a unicorn theme? Save that shit for the baby's birthday party. You're adult now.

RIGHT?  And mom to be sitting at the head table looking like she gonna cut a bitch.  No smiles, nothing.  A unicorn theme, just...no.  Don't.

Lexi reminds me of one of the Jenner girls.  Kylie I think?  Her old face though.

I was also surprised at Brianna's mom laying into Danae about leaving her little princess barefoot and pregnant on the side of the road.  Why don't you teach your princess not to go chasing after a boy?  Literally chasing!  I found her on Facebook yesterday.

Spoiler

Seems she's not with Danae anymore.  Her FB was loaded of pics of the baby and some guy.  Don't know if he's the father.

I read on another site that Jade used to have a profile up looking for a sugar daddy.  I'm going to hell but this pic reminds me of Miss Piggy.  Something about all the pink.

e47c13ec-efec-40e0-8b3a-e9c685b428ca-jade.jpg

• Love 12

Bravo, MTV, well done!  They must be very proud of the "quality" of this new crop of Teen Moms.  I can't even imagine the depths of the back alleys, crack houses, juvenile detention facilities etc. they had to scour to come up with this scum.  They can now relax, fire the Teen Mom OGs and Teen Mom 2's and sit back and delight as this disgusting display of ghetto mentality plays out for the world's entertainment and enjoyment.  Yes, I am ashamed that I am entertained by this, but I do have limits.  I could never watch the Jersey Shore crap they advertise in between. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Bar's mom is 100% trash bag.  She makes the Coven look like demure princesses.  I can't believe the fighting that ensued and it seems to be ongoing.  That poor baby that's being brought into all this.  And her business?  Who puts a ton of doctored selfies on a business page?  

RIGHT?  And mom to be sitting at the head table looking like she gonna cut a bitch.  No smiles, nothing.  A unicorn theme, just...no.  Don't.

I'm still in shock that Bar's mom is a person that exists out in the world. Just wow.

I did not realize Ashley had a unicorn horn on her head, it looked like an upside down ice cream cone.

Lexi is desperate for any form of attention from Kyler. I'm getting shades of Chelsea/Adam except Kyler doesn't seem as bad as Adam. Yet.

• Love 15

ÏThe fat POS Kyle. His I don't want to be tied down and u r clingy..FU.

Your r 1/2 the reason the baby is coming, so unless u took every precaution a man/male can to avoid the prenancy, then u r tied down, not necessarily with a gf but a child. I am so sick of these young shits walking away scott free.

Kyle u should be required for 1/2 all child's expences, u need to make arrangements to come to the house and change diapers,.wash bottles, laundry..etc. you need to watch your child so Lexi can see her friends as well, it's a 2-way street. 

When the baby Wakes up Lexis house at 2 am and 3 am then they get to call and wake up Kyler's house as well. I am just so tired of the complete 1 sided double standard, the stupid girls who put up with this shit, and the parents of the boys who seem to do nothing but encourage and allow this type of behavior in their waste of a human son.

The girls need to learn to separate baby daddy from bf. He does not have to be your bf in order to be with the baby.  

I am just so mad at this situation because I am seeing it all over where I live and the cycle just keeps repeating. The girl drops out of school or does not go to college while boy keeps all activities, sports, etc and nobody seems to change it.  Arghh!!!!

• Love 22
20 hours ago, woot said:

good lord... her designs look like they were hand painted by a 10 year old.  Hideous.  

From the looks of it.. it's all her husband.. she probably just runs the page.  It's a interesting concept... looks like he's a decent artist but i'm not sure anyone can use fabric markers on a shirt and make it look really good.  but they better be careful or they're going to get into copyrighted image hell if they try to sell on the wrong platform.  I doubt they have a partnership with whomever runs those fight nights to be selling shirts with images of the fighters!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm still in shock that Bar's mom is a person that exists out in the world. Just wow.

I did not realize Ashley had a unicorn horn on her head, it looked like an upside down ice cream cone.

Lexi is desperate for any form of attention from Kyler. I'm getting shades of Chelsea/Adam except Kyler doesn't seem as bad as Adam. Yet.

I see folks like Bar every night on my bus home.

The unicorn theme! Oh. My. God. and there's Ashley, in her pretty, pretty frilly white dress and unicorn horn, screaming obscenities in the street like a fishwife. Klassy!

At least Adam was cute in high school. A bucket of cold oatmeal is more attractive than Kyler. And has a better personality.

• Love 11

Teen mom: we are all trash edition

Jesus Christ everyone is drunk or high- Bar’s Mom, I’m looking at you and your purse Vaseline.  

Poor Bar, he’s probably going to develop an ulcer between his mom, bitch girlfriend and her crazy fightin’-pastor Mom.

• Love 13

Now that was a baby shower.  Bar and Ashley's babyshower had me thinking I was watching Bridezillas.  Poor baby and Poor Bar.  Did I hear his mom say to Bar "c'mon up with your fine ass and take this picture with your momma"  or something like that.  It's like she thinks she is Bar's girlfriend.    I think Danae should break up with Brianna.   

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Now that was a baby shower.  Bar and Ashley's babyshower had me thinking I was watching Bridezillas.  Poor baby and Poor Bar.  Did I hear his mom say to Bar "c'mon up with your fine ass and take this picture with your momma"  or something like that.  It's like she thinks she is Bar's girlfriend.    I think Danae should break up with Brianna.   

YES!  I had to rewind that, I was like what???  Also the way she looked him up and down was unsettling.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

I think Danae should break up with Brianna. 

I think Brianna should dump Danae.

I think Kayla should dump Stephan.

I think Lexi should dump Kyler.

I think Bar should dump Ashley.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 20
On 3/21/2018 at 9:12 AM, suzeecat said:

Bravo, MTV, well done!  They must be very proud of the "quality" of this new crop of Teen Moms.  I can't even imagine the depths of the back alleys, crack houses, juvenile detention facilities etc. they had to scour to come up with this scum.  They can now relax, fire the Teen Mom OGs and Teen Mom 2's and sit back and delight as this disgusting display of ghetto mentality plays out for the world's entertainment and enjoyment.  Yes, I am ashamed that I am entertained by this, but I do have limits.  I could never watch the Jersey Shore crap they advertise in between. 

I watch Teen Mom OG, TM 2, Young n Pregnant, The Challenge, but I wouldn't be caught dead watching Jersey Shore. I'm classy, y'all!

I have to say that I hate Ashley more than I hate Shen. Shen is tacky AF, but Ashley pushes the drama over the edge. She could have just taken the picture with Bar and his mom instead of thinking she's to good to be in a picture with her. She could have just let Shen say goodbye to the baby/belly. Grandma's are weird like that. Shen was trying to be inclusive and get along, Ashley was slighting her. 

And I most definitely would be offended if the hostess was referring to my son as the "significant other" instead of his name. He's the baby's father, learn his damn name! 

• Love 9

While Brianna was being a bit...uhh.. dramatic..Danae was a terrible human being for leaving her there and then not checking to make sure she was ok. Brianna’s mom should have kicked him out immediately. He is not the biological father and is under no obligation to be there. I cannot fathom why brianna’s mom would still be fine with Denae staying at their house after that incident. 

Bar needs to stop saying “bruh” it’s driving me up a wall. I hate that word to begin with and he uses it way too much. 

The unicorn horn was absolutely ridiculous. 

Edited by BXD
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, BXD said:

While Brianna was being a bit...uhh.. dramatic..Danae was a terrible human being for leaving her there and then not checking to make sure she was ok. Brianna’s mom should have kicked him out immediately. He is not the biological father and is under no obligation to be there. I cannot fathom why brianna’s mom would still be fine with Denae staying at their house after that incident. 

Bar needs to stop saying “bruh” it’s driving me up a wall. I hate that word to begin with and he uses it way too much. 

The unicorn horn was absolutely ridiculous. 

I think Brianna’s mom is erring on the side of political correctness by not throwing Danae out

• Love 2

Kudos, MTV. You've sucked me back into the swirling vortex of trash that is Teen Mom. I'd given up on it when both OG and 2 became boring, but low and behold, I'm right back in with these new girls.

Lexi is hopeless. She's admitted that she doesn't want to press Big Lump Kyler about their "relationship" because she doesn't want to know the answer. Ten years from now, they will still be in this predicament. Hopefully Kyler has learned his lesson with "clingy," desperate girlfriends and is wrapping it up when he has sex.

The other girl who would benefit from reading He's Just Not That Into You is Kayla. Stefan has probably never been faithful to her and since she has no self-esteem she keeps taking him back. That's a pity. I did feel for her when she said that she wanted her child to grow up in a two-parent home because that's all she wanted when she was a kid, but she should have procreated with a guy who actually cared about her. Stefan does not.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 11

Ok so I started watching this trashtastic mess. It is sad to see that Kayla has such low self esteem that even though she knows Stephan cheats on her all of the time, she still wants to be with him. I also don't see what Lexi sees in Kyler. Yes Bar's mom is a mess but Ashley sort of set her off at the shower by refusing to take a picture with her. Jade seems like the most level headed one of the bunch, but her boyfriend is a loser who just sits around and plays video games. As far as Brianna and Danae, I think Danae will be out once the baby comes once he sees how much work is involved, and he's not even the biological parent.

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, woot said:

Bar’s mom is batshit.  Her face and mannerisms remind me of Amber from Teen Mom.  Though I’m a fan of Amber now back in the day she was nuts too. 

You are a fan of Amber? 

Yes Bar's mom is a mess but Ashley sort of set her off at the shower by refusing to take a picture with her.

I hate people with their passive-aggressive behavior. They fail to see that sometimes they create the drama that ensues. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

You are a fan of Amber? 

I hate people with their passive-aggressive behavior. They fail to see that sometimes they create the drama that ensues. 

For the most part I do like Amber.  She had a rough go struggling with addiction combined with mental health issues.  A lot of her early behaviour and poor decisions were fuelled by these issues.  She’s come a long way and I can commend her for that and her involvement with Leah.  I do think she has her daughters best interest at heart. Glad she finally kicked Matt to the curb.  All of that being said I have not kept up with her lately with her pregnancy and relationship with new baby daddy.  

On 3/21/2018 at 9:22 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

Lexi reminds me of one of the Jenner girls.  Kylie I think?  Her old face though.

I was also surprised at Brianna's mom laying into Danae about leaving her little princess barefoot and pregnant on the side of the road.  Why don't you teach your princess not to go chasing after a boy?  Literally chasing!  I found her on Facebook yesterday.

Reveal hidden contents

Seems she's not with Danae anymore.  Her FB was loaded of pics of the baby and some guy.  Don't know if he's the father.

I read on another site that Jade used to have a profile up looking for a sugar daddy.  I'm going to hell but this pic reminds me of Miss Piggy.  Something about all the pink.

e47c13ec-efec-40e0-8b3a-e9c685b428ca-jade.jpg

Who is that?

I don't think I have one picture of myself pregnant. I was as big as a house and felt like shit. If someone had said "here, put on this flower wreath and pink bedsheet, and roll around on the grass" I would have clobbered him.

• Love 8

Everyone keeps talking about how ugly Kyler is but Stephen is the one that's hard for me to look at. That guy is butt ass fugly. Jade's boyfriend isn't much better, he and Jade both have that basset hound hang dog look about them. Their baby should be interesting looking.   Bar is a cutie though. 

If you drive through Ashley's city of Vallejo, you'll see a thousand more versions of Bar's mom. She's a typical Vallejo person. 

• Love 3
On 3/27/2018 at 11:34 PM, Maharincess said:

If you drive through Ashley's city of Vallejo, you'll see a thousand more versions of Bar's mom. She's a typical Vallejo person. 

I find it amusing that they keep showing beautiful scenery of San Francisco to represent Vallejo.  You're not fooling me, MTV.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I find it amusing that they keep showing beautiful scenery of San Francisco to represent Vallejo.  You're not fooling me, MTV.

Yes! And Vallejo isn't even a part of the Bay Area, it's 707- Solano county.   Vallejo is a dump and I hate how they lump it in with San Francisco. 

• Love 5

I disagree - Vallejo isn't the most desirable town to live in in  the Bay Area, but I absolutely consider it be in the Bay Area.  The various 9-county Bay Area governance entities that Solano County is a part of would surely agree.  (707 is farflung,  and certainly includes some non-Bay-Area places, but I actually wasn't even aware that Solano County was 707. I think of it as Sonoma County, but it also includes Napa, Solano, as well as the rest of the north Coast including all the way up to the Oregon border).  If she was in northeastern Solano County, that might be one thing - you could make a case for Central Valley at some point - but Vallejo is practically on the water (San Pablo Bay, but that's part of the San Francisco bay system). It's no wonder that when she wants to go somewhere nice, she pops over to Berkeley, or Oakland, or San Francisco.  It's the industrial part of the Bay Area, like much on San Pablo Bay, but it's still Bay Area, just not a part of it that you go to if you don't live there or have some sort of business to attend to there. 

Lexi isn't from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison either, but they show pictures occasionally because it's a prominent local attraction that people in Montrose think  of as part of where they're from.

(Nine county bay area: SF, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano.) 

If she said, "I'm from San Francisco" that would be one thing - but she doesn't, she says she's from Vallejo. And who knows, she or people in her family might very well have lived in San Francisco at some point and so in that sense are "from" San Francisco, just priced out of it, like most people). 

(eta: I'm also from the Bay Area - I've mostly lived in the North Bay (Sonoma Co), but also in Oakland, Berkeley, and San Francisco. I've been to Vallejo but don't generally have much cause to go there. Plenty of people where I live commute to SF or Oakland for work, and that's no doubt true of people in Vallejo as well - it's certainly closer, and rents aren't as crazy as up here. In fact, I'd be very surprised if it isn't in the process of gentrifying - rents have been exploding up here.)

Edited by akr
local bona fides
  • Love 2
On 3/29/2018 at 5:18 PM, akr said:

Lexi isn't from the Black Canyon of the Gunnison either, but they show pictures occasionally because it's a prominent local attraction that people in Montrose think  of as part of where they're from.

(Nine county bay area: SF, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano.) 

If she said, "I'm from San Francisco" that would be one thing - but she doesn't, she says she's from Vallejo. And who knows, she or people in her family might very well have lived in San Francisco at some point and so in that sense are "from" San Francisco, just priced out of it, like most people).

I understand your point, but I disagree. 

Maybe, if they had stuck to scenes of the Golden Gate Bridge, or possibly the SF skyline, I might kind of be okay with having that represent Vallejo, as in a "Bay Area" sort of thing that people recognize because for all they know Vallejo is near Los Angeles.  But how about shots of the Google headquarters?  That's also in the Bay Area, but it clearly wouldn't represent Vallejo even if her whole family was from Mountain View.   

On the most recent episode, they showed some on-the-ground shots of San Francisco, including a pretty row of SF Victorian houses, and shortly (maybe immediately) after that went to a shot of Ashley's house.  Uh uh.  That does not represent Ashley's neighborhood.

I can see showing the Black Canyon of the Gunnison to represent Montrose because it's a local attraction, and maybe people will figure out it's not near Denver.  But the Montrose airport is where a lot of people who are visiting Telluride fly in to (if they don't have their own planes, of course).  Showing the picturesque main street in Telluride before cutting to a shot of Ashley's house in Montrose?  I would consider that shenanigans.

• Love 2
(edited)

Fair enough. And I agree that there are too many shots of SF - the bridge, sure, but the neighborhoods are misleading. I also should have acknowledged that "Bay Area," like, say, " the Midwest, " is one of those geographical terms whose boundaries are somewhat subjective.

Edited by akr
Typo
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2018 at 2:50 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't think I have one picture of myself pregnant. I was as big as a house and felt like shit. If someone had said "here, put on this flower wreath and pink bedsheet, and roll around on the grass" I would have clobbered him.

Come sit with me.  My first son weighed almost 11 pounds, I am kinda tall to start with so I looked like a giant and wide pregnant.....thing.  To photograph me in a sheet, with my tummy out to THERE (and I do mean over THERE) with a crown of flowers?  Yeah, and the endless water I was retaining?  Pass.  Then again I was 32, not all "Oh I am in thi dream pregnancy world, la la la la....lollipops and rainbows!!!"  I was a bit more pragmatic.  Go figure.

"What is Kyler's deal? Where does he get the idea that he is some sort of Gold Standard? I don't get what Lexi sees in him. He's not cute or funny or sweet or smart. He's just an ugly, charmless, pudgy ball of nothing."  Oh man, he is just.....nothing.  And he thinks is the shit.  Look, I am the first to say that a guy could have warts and a nose the size of Delaware and a hump but if he makes me laugh......I am all his, 100%.  Looks are not that big of a deal!  But Kyler......nothing.  Nada.

• Love 7

Yup, I was 39. I did not enjoy being pregnant at all, and I looked terrible and felt worse. Never got that "burst of energy", never had lovely glowy skin. My ankles looked like knees and I had to lug a box of tissues with me everywhere because my allergies went into overdrive. These girls are all heading for a hard fall when their Hallmark card expectations collide with reality.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Come sit with me.  My first son weighed almost 11 pounds, I am kinda tall to start with so I looked like a giant and wide pregnant.....thing.  To photograph me in a sheet, with my tummy out to THERE (and I do mean over THERE) with a crown of flowers?  Yeah, and the endless water I was retaining?  Pass.  Then again I was 32, not all "Oh I am in thi dream pregnancy world, la la la la....lollipops and rainbows!!!"  I was a bit more pragmatic.  Go figure.

I would feel the same way...but I think these young women have the kind of lives similar to the "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" girls, where this is all they have, so they make a big deal out of it. After the wedding/pregnancy, respectively, is over, all they have to look forward to is a life of work, more work, and drudgery. Their men are pieces of shit, their job prospects are nil, and their families are rife with drama and abuse. This is the most attention they'll get, if not ever, then for a long time, so they have to do the trendy "earth mother princess" thing because it's all they've got. 

Though I hear that flower crowns are now passe at Coachella and other various festivals where they gained popularity, so who knows what ridiculous trends the teen moms of next year will be wearing.

• Love 5
On 4/23/2018 at 8:19 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Yup, I was 39. I did not enjoy being pregnant at all, and I looked terrible and felt worse. Never got that "burst of energy", never had lovely glowy skin. My ankles looked like knees and I had to lug a box of tissues with me everywhere because my allergies went into overdrive. These girls are all heading for a hard fall when their Hallmark card expectations collide with reality.

Yeah......after I had my beloved son, I had popped blood vessels in my cheeks and somehow grew three chins, I joke his birthday is over three days as it took that long to get him out, so again.....no to all the photography.  Like hell no.

I hear ya on the "This is all I have" line of thinking, and it is really too bad.  Big reality jolt headed their way.  Geez I was SO meticulous with my birth control as a young woman.....I just don't get it!

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, Maharincess said:

Yes! And Vallejo isn't even a part of the Bay Area, it's 707- Solano county.   Vallejo is a dump and I hate how they lump it in with San Francisco. 

LOL!  I just started watching this show since I'm home sick and I keep bitching about this.  I used to live in in both SF and Vallejo.  I'm further north, now.   Vallejo is NOT San Francisco.  Not even close.   Nice try, MTV.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, akr said:

Fair enough. And I agree that there are too many shots of SF - the bridge, sure, but the neighborhoods are misleading. I also should have acknowledged that "Bay Area," like, say, " the Midwest, " is one of those geographical terms whose boundaries are somewhat subjective.

Totally agree.  I've lived in SF, Vallejo, Fairfield, Daly City, Napa and Santa Rosa  (I moved a lot during college and my early twenties!)  I would NOT consider Napa or Vallejo as part of the bay area, tho.  If anything, I'd consider both Napa and Solano counties as the North Bay, much closer to Sonoma County than San Francisco.  Go ahead and show the GGB to show people they're in northern California, but stop with showing the Pink Ladies and the Haight.  No.

Edited by lezlers