Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: Smile

• Start Topic

I think Glassman's health problem has been there all along, but perhaps it's getting worse faster than he expected. I am going to choose to believe they will save him in some way. Unless they really just signed him on for a season to get the show started, it seems like a waste of an important character to have him die. We still have to find out about his daughter.

I want Shaun to deal with Kenny himself. He's got the smarts, he just needs the courage, and I think he can do it.

I am finding it hard to understand what they are saying some of the time; maybe it's just me, but I have to replay scenes a few times, and if I don't read the episode preview I don't even know what's going on half the time. Also, I think sometimes the writing is a little weak, especially compared to House. The young doctors seem to come up with all the brilliant ideas and the senior doctors make the errors. I like Parks better than Resnick, but he seems like an oddball and she is a caricature. I know she's been compared to Amber, but at least Amber was good to Wilson.

I figured smile girl was heading for a fall when Shaun kept talking about the risks and Andrews pooh-poohed them. Even though he fought for her with the insurance company, I felt like it was more for his professional plastic surgeon's image sake than for the girl. Presidential? Please.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ForReal said:

I think Glassman's health problem has been there all along, but perhaps it's getting worse faster than he expected. I am going to choose to believe they will save him in some way. Unless they really just signed him on for a season to get the show started, it seems like a waste of an important character to have him die. We still have to find out about his daughter.

I saw a little video shared on another site recently where somebody actually recently compiled clips of all the moments throughout this season where Glassman made comments, be it in reference to cases or Shaun or in general, that seemed to hint at him knowing/sensing there was something wrong with him. The telegraphing and foreshadowing really was strong when you look back at all of those clips put together. 

I read that on that show "9-1-1", one of the actresses, Connie Britton, had signed on just for the first season (though in her case, they're hoping to work it out where she can at least guest star going forward), so it's entirely possible Schiff could've done the same thing here, too. But even if they do plan on killing Glassman off at some point, I too hope he can stick around at least through some of the second season, so there's time for a proper goodbye of sorts, instead of a potential sudden end in the finale. Plus, like you, I would like to know more about his daughter. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 1