Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Chapter Twenty-Nine: Primary Colors

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Betty confided in Kevin and he went and ratted her out to someone she shares a home with and is terrified of. Kevin is a horrible friend.

Seriously! I'm on Betty's side on that one. She has told Kevin she is weary of Chic, that's the whole reason she was going all catfish on him. Kevin video chats with the guy a few times and decides to tell him Betty is spying on him. Not cool Kevin. Not cool at all. Stop thinking with your dick. Chic might be cute and nice when he's trying to get you into the sack but that doesn't mean he's being the same way with Betty. That was not his secret to share.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, AdorkableSars said:

Cheryl........I don't even have words for how heartbreaking her life is. When she gets out of there, she better not be going back to Thistle...manor, I want to say? (I forget the estate name. Sorry!) The thing is, every other family in Riverdale pretty much sucks. Except for the Andrews and kind of the Jones. Oh man...could you imagine Fred or FP taking Cheryl in? Fanfic, write thyself! But for real though, writers...can Cheryl PLEASE have something good in her life for once? Even if her and Toni get together, let her have even MORE happiness than that. If any character on this show deserves it, it's Cheryl.

I'm hoping she can just get legally emancipated. She certainly has the money to support herself considering she's inherited half her father's fortune. Some routes to emancipation don't require a parent's permission. How old is she, anyway?

• Love 4

You know, Jughead is totally right about how the Lodges are trying to take over Riverdale and be all evil and stuff, but...the guy is just so annoying about it, its hard to get behind him! It really seems like he doesn't care about the South Side (the kids who actually went to SS High for more than two days seem pretty cool with whats going on), he just wants to hold onto his memories and have a cause to fight for. Not that those are bad things, but him going on about hunger strikes (I admit I snickered when Archie laughed when Jug said he was going on a hunger strike) and endless lectures about the evils of the Lodges, even with Veronica right there, its just like....oh my God dude get your blog going again. 

On the other hand, I have no clue what is going on with Archie now. I understood why he was siding with Hiram at first, but now its gone too far. He has basically turned on everyone in his life except for Veronica, its really kind of messed up. Between this and his creepy teacher relationship, I think Archies parents should be concerned by how quick he is to trust any adult who shows him any kind of affection. 

Not cool Kevin! I did laugh at Chic hugging Alice and doing his creepy smile, while Betty just raised an eyebrow like "bitch you wanna fight?", that was great. I am not a huge fan of Bonkers Betty, but I could get behind it being turned on Chic. I just am so over this story, I want to move on ASAP. 

Veronica can complain that people treat her like a criminal because of her parents, but considering she is totally involved in their shit now, she really has no room to complain. Also, she and Josie were singing a school house rock song! Awesome! 

Stop saying "Blossom Blood" like thats a thing that people say that isn't totally insane! I mean, its Riverdale so I guess it is normal, but still. I like Toni and Cheryl, and I hope they can help Cheryl soon. The Blossoms are always here to somehow win the worst parent in Riverdale award. And generally relative, I guess. It says something that Nana Rose, Cheryl, and Jason, who had multiple secrets, teen pregnancies, stalkings, mean girl/guy shenanigans and hidden murder or two between them all, are the nice Blossoms!

• Love 5

(Am I the only one missing the innocence of season 1 when it was just about finding who killed Jason Blossom? I am? Yeah? Oh well.....)

My god, did they all take the same boat to crazy or something! This show! lol!!

Where to start!

A big WOW for Ethel going bad girl towards Veronica, yeesh! Did not expect that from her and just, bravo! I do not have a lot of love towards Veronica right now so thank god she finally got upped for once! And Josie being the one that spilled all the details and playing veronica like that ? Good one... I mean really, would ethel even fall for veronica's promise of getting her dad a job at the controversial prison?!?! Would anyone?!?! And Veronica with stars in her eyes really believes that can happen?? the same with Josie, connecting her with her parents' friends? Can she just pay the people around her to get further ahead? The show is really making rich kids look bad... I hope this might be the start of a pivotal turn in Veronica! She's now noticing how her parent's deals are affecting her friendships and the people around her! Stop buying into their parents BS, they are not telling her everything! She is just another pawn!

AS for the Lodges, just a dodgy as ever... It's annoying how Hiram is trying to do everything to keep his hands clean and sending out some dumbass teen kids to do his bidding!! Really??

Loved that Mary is back! Loved that she finally called ARchie for what he really is! She did it so diplomatically/respectfully that the woman deserves an ovation! She got on ARchie's case without going ballistic, she went straight to the point without anger or bitterness,!!! Goddamn it, wish I got yelled liked that when I was a kid! lol Right now, I am in for the Andrews parents! I am rooting for Fred all the way! He appears to be the most innocent/purest of all the parents in Riverdale! I do hope he succeeds!! (I'm just hoping he doesn't get attacked by the lodges).

THe whole betty/Chic thing! OMG, I cannot believe Chic pulled out that nasty trick on Betty(the wig! The bughead had sex)!! Come on!!! I was utterly flabbergasted!!! Both are just as insane and very dangerous! I loved Betty during that gaslighter scene!! OMG! THat was just amazing! She didn't seem crazy/dark, more like resolved in getting rid of him and Chic seems just as hard core as she is... Wow! Chic had the upper hand in the end but I can't wait how/if the cooper girls will get rid of him! Ok, so we know Chic's not a cooper, Alice quickly denied it was FPs (a little too quickly tbh), so hmmm... I'm getting annoyed with the Chic storyline, just because it's taking Betty away from the rest of the other stories and there's enough stories already but whatever...

And ARchie... he's a chapter in itself... If him being in league with Hiram is some sort of setup devised bts with Jughead a few episodes ago the he's doing a hell of a great job! GO team Jarchie! He's convincing and he's playing his part excellently! He even manages to be a hardass against his parents (i'm really wishing this theory is right though)... If he's genuinely in league with Hiram and is really into all that mafia crap then that boy is a piece of sh... PTSD or NO ptsd, he is being a horrible person right now soo boooo! THen he is seriously damaged!

That Jarchie scene towards the end was heartbreaking... A wise choice of Jughead to do what he did but it's spltting the town even more.... I wished Jughead would calm the f... down for a minute or two before he goes on to his next crusade but it wouldn't be him if he did that! Just gotta admit that lol!! ANd I think ARchie was a being a bit too nasty towards Jughead, I mean calling him out on his hunger-strike or the fact that he's only been to SSH for a couple of days? Does he really mean everything?

Love the father-son scene between fp + jughead... Eugh... The man loves his kid and it shows. Please show! Dont' ruin their relationship! He's always going to be looking out for him and his family...

And domestic!Bughead! Ohhh yeah... Don't care if it's just an episode, I am going to like this! Can we please get a scene where Betty makes food for the Jones boys?!?! And fp is like "Tastes just like your mother's..." l(insert cringy bughead moment) lol  It's so cute the way Bughead just support each other! "Hey, i'm going to chain myself up and protest" "Okay dear, just remember to put on a jacket, it's raining outside"

And Cheryl, my god... that poor poor girl! I didn't think things would have escalated that quickly... I truly sympathize with her. Damn! And conversion therapy?!!? IS that relaly the excuse? I hope the girls free her and that Cheryl makes a come back with the serpents!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PeekaBoo said:

It's so cute the way Bughead just support each other! "Hey, i'm going to chain myself up and protest" "Okay dear, just remember to put on a jacket, it's raining outside"

I actually loved the scene when he asked her to be co-president. I love how she didn't hesitate. She's all in. They are a unit. They are in it all together. This is a great depiction of a strong relationship. I hope they don't screw with it again. I think it's good for young people to see a strong, supportive, stable romantic relationship. Let Varchie be the on again off again couple. Let Bughead be Bughead. 

If Archie doesn't end up turning on the Lodges at some point he is dead to me. I just can't. I hate mobsters. I hate the fake civility as they order death and destruction. 

For me this was easily the best episode of the season so far. It had all the crazy I love about this show. Honestly, I even liked the Chic stuff this episode because it is bringing out some great work from Lili. That girl can be chilling when she wants to be. The only thing I don't like is that the Core Four are at odds. I've always liked their friendships, primarily Bughead, which thankfully we have right now, but also Archie Jug which we are not getting right now. But I have to admit, their antagonistic relationship is bringing out strong performances in both actors. I really don't mind that V and B aren't besties. They were fine as besties, but their friendship doesn't make or break anything for me so they can be rivals for a while. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I actually loved the scene when he asked her to be co-president. I love how she didn't hesitate. She's all in. They are a unit. They are in it all together. This is a great depiction of a strong relationship. I hope they don't screw with it again. I think it's good for young people to see a strong, supportive, stable romantic relationship. Let Varchie be the on again off again couple. Let Bughead be Bughead. 

If Archie doesn't end up turning on the Lodges at some point he is dead to me. I just can't. I hate mobsters. I hate the fake civility as they order death and destruction. 

For me this was easily the best episode of the season so far. It had all the crazy I love about this show. Honestly, I even liked the Chic stuff this episode because it is bringing out some great work from Lili. That girl can be chilling when she wants to be. The only thing I don't like is that the Core Four are at odds. I've always liked their friendships, primarily Bughead, which thankfully we have right now, but also Archie Jug which we are not getting right now. But I have to admit, their antagonistic relationship is bringing out strong performances in both actors. I really don't mind that V and B aren't besties. They were fine as besties, but their friendship doesn't make or break anything for me so they can be rivals for a while. 

Aside from the Chic stuff, I loved this episode. And LR might be doing great work with the chic stuff but it all sucks the life out of the show for me. 

I adore Bughead. And all their scenes were adorable and showed them as a strong couple, I cannot want to see them next episode. I hope that the show doesn’t write unnecessary drama for them anymore, at least not drama in their relationship.

As I said I kind of hope both Archie and Jughead are doing some long con game together. That the cutting off the chains was a ruse for show. That would be awesome and I said I think the only way Archie can do a long con is if he’s getting help from others. Jughead or Betty or something. I don’t think he can really con on his own. 

Veronica as I said.. what was her end plan here? I feel like she knew everyone was going to find out the truth. 

I would like to see Veronica and Betty friends again. I am however glad this tension has nothing to do with a boy. That’s awesome. Good on that show. I would prefer for boys to never come between girl friendships, those are few and far between (the OC is the only teen show where I think two girl best friends never fought over a guy and all the friendships on PLL until the last two seasons).

Again I do love how Hiram is all up in the teenage gossip of Jugheads life. I know he probably heard about his hunger strike from Veronica at dinner or something but I legit couldn’t stop laughing when he say Archie in front of the fireplace for one of their mob talks and was all “so, tell me about Jugheads hunger strike” also when he was like “we need to fight the teenage gang chained to the school” and Archie going “isn’t a bunch of adults fighting teenagers bad for business?” Seriously Hiram needs to like relax about a teenager. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

Sorry- RE: my question about Reggie...this is what happens when you fast forward through a lot of the episode. If I can get up enough interest I will go back and watch to see most of what has been referenced here. 

I don't want the show to be exactly as it was in season 1, but I do no want it to be WORSE. 

The most offensive thing in this episode was Cheryl’s storyline at the end of Penelope forcing her into conversion therapy. Just what the hell, writers? Do I think the writers will even do such a storyline justice? Not really. I just don’t understand why we need a storyline like this, Cheryl has been through enough trauma and she does not need more. Stop! Give her more of a respectful storyline of exploring her sexuality.

I am not sure why anyone thinks Jughead is annoying. While he is overdramatic, he told Archie exactly why he is so bend on wanting to protect everything on the Southside, because he grew up there. Is he acting a bit White Saviour-y? A little maybe, he shouldn’t bring up the history of how PoC people struggled but from his own experience, he is allowed to stand up for himself and try and ensure he still has a home. That nobody is getting evicted. That a whole school is not getting destroyed and the bad consequences of a private prison. He said this to FP too, he does not want Jellybean to come back and grow up like this. He is not wrong about Hiram, he is shady. Jughead is passionate and at least taking action. He is trying.

I think there was a missed opportunity for Betty and Cheryl to bond over how unsafe they feel in their own homes. Cheryl is stuck with her abusive family, and Betty is with her creepy brother (who may be an imposter and not the real Chic) and her controlling mother who seems to change personality a lot. Alice is not a good support system for Betty, neither is Hal or Chic. It was a little disappointing that Kevin did not realize how uneasy Betty had been with Chic, she told him before and yet Kevin sells her out like that. I am not sure why Alice freaked out a bit over Betty and Jughead having sex because they are 16 so it should not be surprising, but I guess it came from a fear of getting pregnant as a teenager. And not wanting Betty making the same mistake, like Polly did. But of course Betty and Jughead would be safe, I’d imagine both would be sensible about things like this. I don’t think Alice would have a motive to lie about FP not being Chic’s father… But who knows, hope not.

Betty and Jughead were so cute in their scenes! I love them being supportive of each other. How even though Jughead was annoyed with Veronica asking Betty to be her vice-president (his faces were funny, by the way), he was still supportive. And Betty supporting Jughead. And him asking her to be his co-president and not vice-president but co-president. Because they are equals, they are a team. And how lovely was the way his eyes lit up and his adorable smile when Betty said yes to running for the student council with him? They are so in love with each other, and I love how they are stronger than ever. Please keep it up for a bit longer writers and let’s leave drama for season 3? Or at least for any drama in the future, make sure it makes sense for the characters and not something that almost destroys the pairing (again). I think Jughead is more Betty’s best friend than anyone else, even if he was not there enough during the Black Hood storyline – during all the other times he was. He is the one she can trust the most and feels the most safe with. Even if this Betty moving in with Jughead might be temporary, it still says something.

Speaking of best friends, I am sad about the lack of Betty and Veronica’s friendship. We are told they are supposed to be best friends, but we don’t see that. Was Betty being harsh on Veronica? Because Betty also has been protecting her family like Veronica has been doing? But the circumstances are different. While Betty was roped in to cover up a murder, Veronica had been lying and pretending like she did not know anything of Hiram’s SoDale plans and the prison plan. That is why Betty was upset, because she can’t trust her. In a way she maybe was being a bit harsh, but it was also understandable. I was also glad they were not fighting over a boy, but about their families and secrets.  But I did wish that the writers would have Betty have valuable friendships because all of her friendships with Veronica, Kevin and Archie seem pretty weak and only there when convenient to the plot, and she has not been a great friend either but nobody really has. She needs more than just Jughead.

I also don’t see the point of people having to bring up Jughead and Betty’s past crimes whenever people share their valid criticism of other characters like Veronica and Archie. The difference is that Jughead and Betty’s crimes were towards people who wronged them (Penny, Chuck, Cheryl to an extend) and those actions were definitely awful, but it wasn’t directed towards their friends. Veronica lied to her friends,  people who could lose their homes and her family being responsible for destroying another family’s life. She knows more than she lets on. None of these characters are perfect, and I don’t see the point of dragging one character just to pretend like another is an angel, when none of them are.

But on another note, I am not liking all the Veronica hate either I have been seeing on some websites. Sure, in some ways she is messing up but I also think she is a girl who is naïve about her parents and scared and she is being manipulated by them. She also deep down wants to believe there is some good in them Okay, she also cares about her own reputation and does not want to be seen as a criminal like her father, but that need for approval and wanting to be liked still seems valid to me. Veronica did not deserve the bullying in today's episode.  I just wish they would make her motives more clear. But in 2A everyone was willing to see things in shades of grey for Jughead when he also messed up over and over, why can’t we do the same for Veronica? Stop hating on female characters who are flawed while you defend your flawed male faves and act like they have not done anything wrong.

I don’t have much to say about Archie, and it’s good Mary called him out. He is just really being dumb now, I get he has PTSD but still… Come on. Give him some agency writers, he seems to have no mind of his own and for a character who is meant to be the protagonist he is a weak character. Maybe he and Jughead have set up a plan in the previous episode and Archie is playing double agent, but I am not convinced of that.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 4

You know, I think one of the reasons I cant really get behind Jugheads campaign to save the South Side is that...we dont really know the South Side very well. I mean, the only South Siders we know are the Serpents, who are a violent gang involved in drug and weapons smuggling...or are they an oppressed Native American tribe looking out for their people now? I forget. Because, the Seapents of last season are basically totally different people than the Seapents of this season. But, even then, all we ever see of the South Side are their crappy high school which already looked like a jail, their one trailer park, and the sleazy bar the serpents hang out at. We never really see families or a more fun local hangout or any kind of community or culture here. Apparently there is some kind of Native American connection, but, have we seen ANY Native American actor in the South Side? Or any indicator or culture? I like Jughand and his family (usually) and Tony and Sweet Pea, and they dont deserve to get their homes taken, and the for profit prison stuff is an awful idea, so, in theory, I am fine with them fighting for their home. But, at this point, it seems like not only are the only people actually in the South Side members of a biker gang (are there no kids here? Low income families?), but the whole place is about two blocks of crappy real estate. And the school is the "heart" of the South Side? I think that heart needed some heart pills even before it got shut down. It doesn't hurt that the only person of this whole mass of people who seems to bother doing anything is Jughead anyway. 

I am not saying that I want the Lodges to win, or that Jughead isn't right to fight for his neighborhood, but if so much of the season is based around #savethesouthside stuff, it would be nice if they could get us more invested in the place, and establish some of its own character, beyond bikers and bad lighting. Of course, last season, I dont think the whole South vs North thing really even existed (Jug was always saying how Jason's death was such a shock to such a peaceful town) so I guess that would be kind of hard to deal with anyway. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ruby Red said:

The difference is that Jughead and Betty’s crimes were towards people who wronged them (Penny, Chuck, Cheryl to an extend)

Chuck never "wronged" Betty or Jughead.

It was Betty who wronged Chuck. Who still has yet to be punished for it.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 2

Okay, this show is ridiculous! Archie and Veronica are the worst characters in the show!

Archie choose his girlfriends family over his own, turned his back on his father and his best friend. If the writers make him some big hero I'll be so mad because he is just plain stupid. Supporting a criminal? Really? He knew most of the things the Lodges were planning to do, he could've done something about it a long time ago but NO, they wanna drag the show just like PLL and, it's gonna lose it's meaning. 

And is Veronica really that blind to support her family of criminals and think what they're doing is okay? I don't get it. Should we sympathize with her for being humiliated at school? She knew EVERYTHING her parents are gonna do. And saying that she couldn't say no to helping her mob parents when she basically forced them to let her in on the plans? Ugh, she's so annoying.

Cheryl's storyline feels like season 1 Riverdale but it feels like I'm watching two different shows. The storylines don't go together imo.

Oh, and how can I forget about Kevin! He sold his friend out to a male prostitute which btw lives with Betty after she told him that she's scared of him. Kevin was the only tolerable character on the show and now they ruined him.

The only thing that made me very happy was the Ethel/Josie combo. Veronica - exposed!

• Love 4

They ruined the Kevin character a long time ago this season when he got a whole episode of a plot. Also when Veronica and Betty fought back when the Bh was calling her, he chose Veronica’s side without any sort of a thought to a friend he has known forever. After those things, I’m over the character. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Dee said:

And Veronica cold cocked Reggie cuz he said something mean.. Then ran for student body president... Apparently some ppl can get away with things... And some ppl get kicked outta school for a while.. On another note.. Did Ethel forgive chuck or am I remembering somn that didn't happen 

Maybe Kevin felt like Josiedid this week and thought.. I don't wanna be a chess piece in this girl's game.. And made a move on his own... Or maybe he actually caught feelings for the weirdo who knows... 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

And Veronica cold cocked Reggie cuz he said something mean..

Yeah...I guess students assaulting each other in the hall (complete with bruising) isn't really a big deal here? You can just deck a person and its totally chill? Of course, Riverdale Highs administration has never really wowed me with its ability to deal with their students and their craziness, so its certainly fits the pattern. Seriously though, kids. Punching someone in the face (and I know TV likes to pretend it ok, but even if your a girl and the person you punched was a boy) is NOT usually the best way to handle childish insults. Or throwing smoothies. 

• Love 5

So, of course it was another fake-out, and now Chic is simply Alice's son, but not Hal/a Blossom.  I wonder who it will end up being.  Alice claims it isn't FP, so it either is going to be someone new or we're going find out that there is "history" between Alice and Fred, which with this show, will not be surprising.

It really has become Riverdale: Civil War between Archie/Veronica and Jughead/Betty, only if Tony Stark was a doofus ginger, being led around by his girlfriend's mobster dad, and Steve Rodgers was a beanie wearing hipster, who is just a bit full of himself, to put it mildly.  Overall, I more or less know Jughead is in the right, but I'm just not that worked up by it because a) a prison still just doesn't seem as bad as I thought b) honestly, from the glimpses we saw, South Side High was scarier than a lot of actual prisons, so I'm really not seeing any worth fighting for it and c) South Side in general has been so underdeveloped that it's been hard to care.  Sure, Jughead gives a nice speech about growing up and how important it is to his family, but that isn't enough to counter all the episodes featuring the crazy-ass biker gangs, violence, and other shit that went down.

Veronica really is in over her head or full of herself, if she really thought running for student council was a good idea.  And that an empty promise about helping Ethel's parents get a job and promising Josie a meeting with Andy Cohen would be enough to sway them.  Them actually teaming up was a pretty solid twist.  And now Jughead will be running, which should be fun.  Of course, what I want to know is will Reggie still be running?  Because I would find it freaking hilarious if Veronica and Jughead tear each other apart that Reggie somehow claims victory.  Either way, the debates (which are totally going to be happening) will be epic!

Seriously, considering all of the times Weatherbee got on everyone's cases for minor offenses, nothing happened to Veronica just sucker punching Reggie?  Hell, a lot of schools probably would have gotten onto Ethel for the milkshake.  What kind of school is this guy running here?!

When Cheryl dismiss everyone to talk to the special Vixens, I really wanted them to just break the fourth wall and have her say "OK, regulars and those whose names are in the guest credits can stay.  All you extras with no lines can bounce!"

So, Penelope and Uncle Blossom have just full psycho now.  They've likely just tried to kill Nana Rose (damn, she's tough), and have now sent Cheryl to a psycho ward since she was rebelling against them.  Never thought I would say this last season but poor Cheryl.  I hope Tori does let this go.

While I'm glad FP is very supportive of his son, I'm glad Jughead talked him down from just decking Archie in front of everyone, because that would have ended badly.

Ha, Fred really is running for mayor!  And Mary's back to support him.  This should be fun!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4

Veronica didn't experience immediate consequences for punching Reggie, but imo that was just to have the ending of the entire school turn on her. 

Funny how Jughead is so loyal to the southside but has no hesitation to turn his back on Archie after everything Archie did for him. 

• Love 2

On one hand, Betty used her friendship card to make Kevin do something that he was uncomfortable with BUT, Kevin knew how uncomfortable Betty was living with Chic and then went ahead and told Chic about what Betty was doing. Kevin may not believe that Chic is any real threat to Betty but that was shitty friend move to put her in that position knowing that she's got to live with the guy. If he actually likes Chic, he should have gone to Betty and told her and admit that he wanted to tell Chic the truth so that he could start afresh and give a relationship a chance. Going behind Betty's back was not cool. 

Am I suppose to like Veronica and Archie? Veronica is resembling her parents far too much. Her willingness to manipulate people and use existing relationships or social status as a way to earn favour with people...it may get you ahead in life, but it often turns you into a really shitty person without any real sense of value for what's fair and honourable because that doesn't suit selfish agendas. The irony isn't lost on me that she tried to pull the feminism card yet she's under the thumb of her crooked dad. Was happy to see Veronica get some come-uppance. I thought I was going to have to be disappointed in Josie. Was used to seeing her being under the watchful eye of her mom. It's nice to see her break free and show some independence from everyone. 

I was really hoping that Archie had something up his sleeve but it seems like he really is all in with the Lodges', standing in opposition to his father and best friend. What a little shit. He's trying to put his father down because he doesn't understand Hiram's vision. He's really going to lecture a man that busted his ass, and worked with his bare hands to earn a humble, but honest living to support his family compared to a criminal who sits on money because...well he's a criminal. Thoroughly enjoyed the tongue lashing he got from his mother. 

The fleeting moment that Jughead's face processed the betrayal he just experienced by his best friend was heavy. He knew that Hiram was in Archie's head but I think a part of him thought that Archie would come to his senses. Jughead vs Veronica. Fred vs Hermione. Bring it on. 

They need to move this Chic storyline ahead now. There's no sign of this guy's past or who he really is. 

Cheryl really got the short end of straw when she was born into that family. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Veronica didn't experience immediate consequences for punching Reggie, but imo that was just to have the ending of the entire school turn on her. 

Funny how Jughead is so loyal to the southside but has no hesitation to turn his back on Archie after everything Archie did for him. 

Because he knows that Archie isn't acting on his own accord. Archie is acting under the direction of Hiram Lodge. Jughead has no loyalty to Hiram and until Archie starts making his own decisions, Jughead owes no loyalty to him. You don't worship the devil just because your friend sold their soul to him. And to your theory, Jughead's 'loyalty' should be to Fred, not Archie. It was Fred putting food in his belly and a roof over his mouth when his dad wasn't around. Jughead and Fred are technically on the same page when it comes to the Lodges and to the town so Jughead hasn't broken loyalty. Thankfully the person he owes at least has a better conscious than the son he raised. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 5

Again I loved this episode but some of the characters are getting bad. And now we’re getting to my complaining posts, sorry:

I feel like Archie can still come back, at least show wise. I feel like the shows going to find some way to pull him back- like I wouldn’t put it past the show to turn it around that even if the show isn’t making it look like he’s doing a con he will be.

I don’t know how they are going to try and make Veronica someone to like her again. Nothing about her will make sense to prove a long con, like she would do that to her family.. that doesn’t make sense. And I don’t know.. I feel like I should have felt sorry for her when she got her comeuppance at the end of the episode, but.. she deserved it. She was lying to everyone and making promises that knew weren’t founded. And yeah I don’t see how they can pull her back from that. Maybe with Betty they may be able to get back their friendship but I don’t think I’ll ever like Veronica again. She is just what she’s always been: a spoiled little rich girl. 

Kevin can lose me with his needing to confess. Kevin is pretty terrible this season. Almost makes me wish they never made him a series regular. Like most characters on this show when they get screen time and storylines, they get pretty terrible as people.

Even Cheryl. Like I said I love her and Toni but I can’t get over how she stalked Josie in the start of her sexuality story. 

Also.. I liked Josie but I worry that if she gets more screen time I’ll probably end up not liking her too.

• Love 1

So... joining the Vixens is basically the same process as joining the serpents. You have to do a really sexualized dance while everybody stares at you. Not loving these traditions.

Re: the Lodges and how stupid people are to trust them: my suspicion is that we might be headed toward a twist where it turns out Mr. Lodge was trying to do a good thing all along and we just never heard the details of his plan. That's not what I want to have happen, but it might happen.

Re: Cheryl -- I don't see how putting her in conversion therapy helps the Blossoms get what they want. Having Cheryl found psychologically unfit to manage the fortune she inherited would get them closer to their goal of taking the money for themselves, but an insane conversion therapy doctor can't go to court with them for that. So this  just seems like... getting her out of the house in the most needlessly horrifying way possible?

Re: Chic -- my big question is why Alice didn't just tell everyone that Chic wasn't related to Hal as soon as Betty started talking about the DNA test. It doesn't make sense to me that that needed to be a secret at any point, but especially not now. I'm also curious about whether the DNA test was thorough enough to say whether Chic's related to Betty's mom, since it seemed like she was just using the service the Blossom lawyers (who only care about Blossom blood) set up.

• Love 2

Between this and his creepy teacher relationship, I think Archies parents should be concerned by how quick he is to trust any adult who shows him any kind of affection. 

Truly! They've got him acting like a stray puppy who'll follow anybody with a bag of kibble. This kind of character trait would make a LOT more sense with somebody like Cheryl or Jughead, who have very unstable and emotionally rocky home lives (FP may be a good dad this week, but he's still an actively drinking alcoholic) and are desperate for stability and approval. 

Archie's parents are separated, yes (but for how long...?), but both Fred and Mary have been shown to be nothing but stable, supporting, loving, invested parents who care not only about Archie but his friends as well. They've provided a fantastic relationship with their son. Yes, Fred's been worried about money, and yes, Archie watched him get shot (which really is traumatic and he hasn't gotten any kind of help or counseling at all for that) but that's hardly a reason to run helter-skelter into Hiram and Hermione's icy embrace. 

If they showed him and Veronica relating more as a couple and not just to discuss plot points it might be a bit more believable, but the more they entwine Archie with the whole crime family thing the less he and Veronica seem to even notice each other.  Even earlier stuff like "let's make an near-porno threatening a dangerous lunatic" seems more emotionally realistic than his blank, affectless take on JOINING UP WITH MOBSTERS.

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks that Cheryl's uncle is her father?  Somehow they got the brother to come back and then killed him?  Not sure if wife was in on it at the start or he brought her in later.  Either that or she was messing around with the uncle for some time and the have been plotting for a while. 

I actually think it is realistic that Cheryl or someone has been "different" towards minority characters.  I don't like shows where they act as if everyone gets along and doesn't notice differences because that is not real life.  More than likely they want us to see that she hits out at people who are different because she was made to feel different by her mother and it is a way to mask and keep people from looking at her too closely so that we will have sympathy for her crazy.   If she had a problem with minorities it doesn't explain her recent attractions.  The truth is they don't know what to do with Cheryl. First they write her creepy connection to her brother, an attachment/interest in Archie, whatever that creepy interaction was at the start of the year with her in Fred's room....stalking Josie and now this out of the blue attraction to Toni.  I am not sure if Cheryl and Toni are supposed to be Bi sexual (since Toni showed interest in Jughead), or if we are to keep guessing.  It's like the writers were sitting around and said, "hey we have a openly gay man, we need also need to portray lesbians, but we can't make it a minor character or viewers will think we are marginalizing them." Then they realized that outside of the core four they didn't have many options if it was going to be someone who actually gets screen time....so tag, Cheryl was it, although she would have been much better used to stir up trouble for the core four....possibly a dalliance with either Jughead or Archie. 

As someone mentioned, Kevin is just there, they are not concerned with what they do to his character.   Did the Pussycats leave town, or did I fast forward through that?  Or perhaps they are chained up INSIDE Southside high and about to be demolished?  

Besides Riverdale is so accepting...even the gangs have no problem with gay or bi sexual members...which is traditionally not the case.  I guess we are to believe the only person who has a problem with homosexuality is Cheryl's mom....but she has no problem being a call girl?  No one blinked an eye about Archie/Val, or the Mayor and Kevin's dad...and I am confused as to whether or not the Lodge's are Italian or Hispanic. 

I know everyone of a certain age has been screaming about Cole Sprouse and his acting talent, but I really don't think he is that great, it is just that everyone else is so bad or average....and they have went beyond bad for the Chic character.  PTSD does not describe Archie's actions and I've always thought the part of Veronica was a miscast.  It is like they felt as if they had to pair everyone off quickly and try every storyline as soon as possible....even if it meant not devoting enough time to the story arc. Archie/Val should have been a season 2 thing.....there should have been some resolution to the Cheryl/Josie thing, etc. 

I missed the purpose for Molly Ringwald to be around this episode. I'll have to read the threads again.  What happened to the so called agent Archie was reporting to?

The issue with this year is that they are taking some very adult themes/situations and giving them to characters that are supposed to be teenagers and actors that are not that great. The parents treat the kids like adults.....I am wondering why they just don't get them their own apartments.  In truth everyone has been written inconsistently, so in that at least the writers are consistent. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I am not sure if Cheryl and Toni are supposed to be Bi sexual (since Toni showed interest in Jughead), or if we are to keep guessing.  It's like the writers were sitting around and said, "hey we have a openly gay man, we need also need to portray lesbians, but we can't make it a minor character or viewers will think we are marginalizing them." Then they realized that outside of the core four they didn't have many options if it was going to be someone who actually gets screen time....so tag, Cheryl was it, although she would have been much better used to stir up trouble for the core four....possibly a dalliance with either Jughead or Archie. 

Toni's bisexual in the comics, and on the show she also told Jughead she was more into girls than guys after that night they spent together making out.

Cheryl is bisexual (according to Word of God), and never struck either the showrunner or Madelaine Petsch as straight, according to this interview with Petsch:

"And then for the second season we sat down, [Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa] asked me, 'What's something you want to see from Cheryl?' And I said, 'I think I'd love to see her explore her sexuality.' And he was like, 'Explore it? What do you mean?' And I said, 'I don't think she's straight. Do you?' And he said, 'You know what? No, I don't.'"

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Because he knows that Archie isn't acting on his own accord. Archie is acting under the direction of Hiram Lodge. Jughead has no loyalty to Hiram and until Archie starts making his own decisions, Jughead owes no loyalty to him. You don't worship the devil just because your friend sold their soul to him. And to your theory, Jughead's 'loyalty' should be to Fred, not Archie. It was Fred putting food in his belly and a roof over his mouth when his dad wasn't around. Jughead and Fred are technically on the same page when it comes to the Lodges and to the town so Jughead hasn't broken loyalty. Thankfully the person he owes at least has a better conscious than the son he raised. 

Fred was willing to kick Jug out in s1 so...

Maybe, just maybe, Archie is making his own choices...somewhat stupid ones albeit but he too was wary of Hiram last ep and in previous ones. But again just maybe he realized that a prison isn't a horrible thing, that Jughead is getting off on being a white savior and relishes being a "loner". 

9 hours ago, Dee said:

Did we forget Chuck sexually harrassing those girls like Veronica and Ethel? That is why Betty did it, even though it was wrong and she pushed it a bit too far. I do think Chuck could be redeemed and I wish Betty would apologize, but none of these characters are angels.

Also Betty dissociation in that scene was a sign of a mental illness the writers could not even address properly.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Ruby Red said:

Did we forget Chuck sexually harrassing those girls like Veronica and Ethel?

Which had NOTHING to do with Betty. At all.

And unlike Betty & Veronica, Chuck (and every other guy involved including Saint Jason Blossom) both apologized AND was punished.

But when characters are white they can assault other people and hide dead bodies without being need of "redemption."

Edited by Dee
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, wingster55 said:

Fred was willing to kick Jug out in s1 so...

Maybe, just maybe, Archie is making his own choices...somewhat stupid ones albeit but he too was wary of Hiram last ep and in previous ones. But again just maybe he realized that a prison isn't a horrible thing, that Jughead is getting off on being a white savior and relishes being a "loner". 

Or maybe not. He signed his allegiance and loyalty to the Lodges with his blood. That was a decision he made on his own, but many of his choices are by the influence of Hiram Lodge, including turning on Jughead. Just because he has his moments where he shows he has his own brain and conscious doesn't mean that he isn't being influenced by Hiram. . Archie knows there are boundaries and he knows there are consequences when you betray Hiram Lodge. He saw it with the gangster guy and yet he still protected Hiram when he knew in his gut that Hiram was responsible for the man's death. He outright refused to betray Jughead's protest until Hiram reminded him of the oath he made to the family. He used the opportunity to try and bargain something for his dad but in the end, he did what Hiram wanted because he knew he was obliged to despite his own misgivings. There is no way for me to rationalize that what Archie did to Jughead was in anyway Archie's choice.

This isn't just about the prison. Archie was influenced by Hiram before the prison plans were known so it's not like his loyalty is purely situational because he happens to think the prison is a great idea. Archie found out shady things about the Lodges, he chose to tell Hiram rather than the cop (who he didn't know was a fake at the time). When he divulged information about dissent among Hiram's group and the guys turn up dead the next day, Archie knew in his gut that Hiram was responsible and still, he pursued getting 'in' with Hiram. At the point that he learned about the prison, he was in too deep. He jointed the cult of Lodge and of course he's going to think the prison isn't a not so bad idea. If you don't rationalize the decisions of your leader as being positive, then the alternative is acknowledging that you may just be a shitty human just like your selfish, crook of a leader.

• Love 1

Someone asked upthread if the Lodges are supposed to be Latin(x)  or  Italian... Its like some kind of hybrid.. They took the base of stereotypical Italian mafia family added a heavy dash of upper crust Manhattan socialites and then garnished with some Spanish ( by Spanish I mean calling Veronica Mija) 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dee said:

Which had NOTHING to do with Betty. At all.

And unlike Betty & Veronica, Chuck (and every other guy involved including Saint Jason Blossom) both apologized AND was punished.

But when characters are white they can assault other people and hide dead bodies without being need of "redemption."

Betty is a fighter for justice and helps people she cares about, as we have seen her do this for her family and Jughead. The apology came after they were explosed with that list and that "punishment". Doesn't mean her ways of going about it are always right.

I really don't think hiding dead bodies is such a big deal on a tv show.  What Betty did with Chuck was more problematic and the writers really should not have done that with a black male character and a white female character.

Like I said, none of these characters are angels and I don't think anyone should pretend like they are are angels or the devil. There are worse characters than Betty. like all the Riverdale parents except for the Andrews.

Edited by Ruby Red
Just now, Ruby Red said:

Betty is a fighter for justice

Betty, like her mother, has no problem judging other people and interfering in their lives. Yet when others interfere in her life (much like Kevin who was returning the favor from earlier in the season), she has a problem with it.

It doesn't matter when Chuck's apology happened. The point was that it happened, and was unprompted.

Also, the writers knew exactly how racist they were being by having white women chain up & assault a young black guy, which is why they included conveniently never seen again except for a single plot dependent appearance Trev in the same episode.

And if hiding dead bodies is no big deal then why is Chuck still in need of "redemption?"

22 minutes ago, Dee said:

Betty, like her mother, has no problem judging other people and interfering in their lives. Yet when others interfere in her life (much like Kevin who was returning the favor from earlier in the season), she has a problem with it.

And if hiding dead bodies is no big deal then why is Chuck still in need of "redemption?"

I have no idea what show you are watching, but you can have your perception.

Look, Jughead in 2A had a antagonistic role, but he had his redemption now. Like some people find Veronica's role to be villain-like now, maybe slightly, but she will also have her redemption.

Chuck being a decent guy and stop sexually harassing girls and learning would be redemption. Cheryl also had her redemption story. But Chuck is not as problematic as characters like Jughead or Betty have been. Nick St. Claire is way worse than all of them and does not deserve any redemption at all.

Betty and Jughead are not heartless monsters, but they are flawed. Chuck is a minor character so there is not much I can talk about but I do acknowledge that the bathtub scene was problematic and shouldn't have happened. It is hard to feel passionate about a minor character who hardly has appeared.

Is there a problem with the writers not acknowledging Betty's bad behaviour? Sometimes, but they ignore a lot of stuff as well that the other characters do. For some reason the writers don't want to write Betty in a more antagonistic light and I can see that, but it doesn't stop me from liking her character for many reasons.

Characters hiding a dead body and getting away with characters is so common in tv shows that it is not a big deal, plus, we don't even know the character so should we even care? It was a complete stranger, one who Chic murdered and Alice should not have roped her daughter into it. You can not use real life morality on this show, a few episodes ago Archie asked Veronica to get him a gun and none cares.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ruby Red said:

Chuck being a decent guy and stop sexually harassing girls and learning would be redemption.

Chuck has been a decent guy yet the insistence he is still in need of redemption makes no sense when other characters have done, and continue to do, much worse.

Cheryl is never redeemed, the writers just use her as a plot point to facilitate whatever story they're attempting to tell at the time.

Jughead is still an antagonist. He's spent the majority of 2B squaring off with everyone. Hiram & Hermione, Archie, Veronica, Weatherbee, etc.

The Core Four constantly evade responsibility. Archie waves a gun around & defaces private property and the show treats him like a woobie. Veronica knowingly uses and manipulates almost everyone she refers to as friends yet the show acts as if she's a perpetual victim. Betty harasses & constantly invades other people's business yet throws tantrums when someone else is in her personal space. Jughead has no problem incessantly ridiculing other people, about everything, yet gets upset when others treat him similarly.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Dee said:

Chuck has been a decent guy yet the insistence he is still in need of redemption makes no sense when other characters have done, and continue to do, much worse.

Cheryl is never redeemed, the writers just use her as a plot point to facilitate whatever story they're attempting to tell at the time.

Jughead is still an antagonist. He's spent the majority of 2B squaring off with everyone. Hiram & Hermione, Archie, Veronica, Weatherbee, etc.

The Core Four constantly evade responsibility. Archie waves a gun around & defaces private property and the show treats him like a woobie. Veronica knowingly uses and manipulates almost everyone she refers to as friends yet the show acts as if she's a  perpetual victim. Betty harasses & constantly invades other people's business yet throws tantrums when someone else is in her personal space. Jughead has no problem incessantly ridiculing other people, about everything, yet gets upset when others treat him similarly.

You have not been listening to a word I have been saying, haven't you? I said I acknowledge the problematic aspects. That is your opinion, if you think the Core Four and Cheryl are that horrible., but I don't see it that way. Why do you still watch this show?

• Love 3

I know he did something because he apologized off screen.. But what exactly did chuck do to Ethel?  Anf to Ronnie it was the posted picture of maple syrup right.. But they didn't know  about the bang book yet?.. 

• Love 1

Finally I liked this episode but it's a pity they couldn't keep the core 4 together. Remember the times when Beronica was the most liked couple on the show? I miss the girl power! Although I have to admit I love Lili's acting, she has a nice range and can play creepy well! They went through so much that I can't see where it ends. I hated Veronica this episode. She is truly a Lodge yet expects everyone's forgiveness and thinks she's cute. Wannabe Blair. So boring! I believe writers have no clue what to do with her. Varchie also stopped being a true item. I'd love to see Veronica excluded from the group and Archie to turn to Bughead and being a third wheel for a while. Cheryl is a psycho but I feel so sorry for her but unlike Veronica she's interesting. The Lodges storyline is exhausting, almost on a black-hood level. They're the centre of the show now. I hate Archie. It seems like there will be the good team - Fred, Bughead vs the Lodges and it can spice up the show. I hope the Lodges are written out for a while or go back to jail.  know Jughead did some terrible things but I can't see Veronica's return to being a good girl. Not with her parents around. I'd prefer her to be a new villain of the show instead of Cheryl now. Now V. is just pointless.

4 minutes ago, tabularasa said:

Finally I liked this episode but it's a pity they couldn't keep the core 4 together. Remember the times when Beronica was the most liked couple on the show? I miss the girl power! Although I have to admit I love Lili's acting, she has a nice range and can play creepy well! They went through so much that I can't see where it ends. I hated Veronica this episode. She is truly a Lodge yet expects everyone's forgiveness and thinks she's cute. Wannabe Blair. So boring! I believe writers have no clue what to do with her. Varchie also stopped being a true item. I'd love to see Veronica excluded from the group and Archie to turn to Bughead and being a third wheel for a while. Cheryl is a psycho but I feel so sorry for her but unlike Veronica she's interesting. The Lodges storyline is exhausting, almost on a black-hood level. They're the centre of the show now. I hate Archie. It seems like there will be the good team - Fred, Bughead vs the Lodges and it can spice up the show. I hope the Lodges are written out for a while or go back to jail.  know Jughead did some terrible things but I can't see Veronica's return to being a good girl. Not with her parents around. I'd prefer her to be a new villain of the show instead of Cheryl now. Now V. is just pointless.

I don’t think they will ever make Veronica a villain. I think something will bring her back to the friendship she has with Betty. I feel like Jughead will still be wary of her. And I just have never liked Veronica. I don’t get her, but I never really have and I tried but nothing she does really gravitates towards me.

I do however like the Beronica friendship. And yeah I know it happened really fast, all of a sudden they’re besties! And they’ve only know each other a year. I feel like the writers never should have had a cliche of Veronica being the new girl from ny(in the comics wasn’t it that she had been part of the group forever? Or at least for longer? I don’t know anything comics canon but I’ve seen comics where it looks like the characters are children age six and Veronica is in them) and had she been part of the group so we could believe their friendship and bond. I agree it’s hard to believe they have this great friendship when they’ve only known each other like six months. 

2 hours ago, Dee said:

The Core Four constantly evade responsibility. Archie waves a gun around & defaces private property and the show treats him like a woobie. Veronica knowingly uses and manipulates almost everyone she refers to as friends yet the show acts as if she's a perpetual victim. Betty harasses & constantly invades other people's business yet throws tantrums when someone else is in her personal space. Jughead has no problem incessantly ridiculing other people, about everything, yet gets upset when others treat him similarly.

Unless you're heading toward a series finale, I think all of the characters will go through stages of not being liked, and redemption. I have personally never seen a show where there was ever a single character that wasn't 'flawed' in some way.

Cheryl is the typical character in a show that you flip and flop between love and hate. She has her soft moments. If you've ever watched Suits, she's very much like a Louis. Her character is bred from insecurity and in her case, you can see that insecurity comes from an unstable childhood and overall shitty parents. She seems to want to be nice, but her instincts are always to be mean and sneaky the moment she feels slighted or doesn't get her way. And that's probably because she's used to doing that with her parents in order to get their attention.

It's sometimes hard, but despite the crazy shenanigans, they are still teenagers in the show. They are exactly at the age where you would expect them to be more self-involved, a bit irresponsible and quite stubborn. They're all caught up in their own beliefs and/or conspiracies and truthfully, that's not an uncommon thing for adults either.

• Love 3

There are flaws and there's being held to an inexplicably higher standard.

Assaulting others, hiding dead bodies & constantly breaking the law being treated as youthful indiscretions is a bridge too far.

Edited by Dee

I find the more over the top sins like hiding a dead body easier to hand wave than realistic sins. So It's easier for me to laugh at Betty and Jug watching as the car they pushed into the lake slowly sinks while I cringe at the idea of say Archie screwing his teacher. I find Chic being the brother of both Jug and Betty so silly I am not bothered by it while I was really disturbed by the whole Chuck/maple syrup/score keeping stuff. In the end they are all fake people living fake lives for our entertainment. If I were bothered by all the flowers in the attic, body burying, hot tub drowning I'd go watch something else, though the choices would be limited. Riverdale is pretty tame compared to much of what is available on TV these days.

• Love 1

When Chuck is still felt to be in need of redemption, Melody & Valerie barely have any lines, Reggie is freely assaulted & Josie pilloried for not being everyone's glorified Mammy as their white peers hide dead bodies, brandish weapons, happily break laws and speak any way they like to any one they'd like while simultaneously being treated as the moral fiber of this show then there's definitely a problem.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 1

So... I think Archie's current motivations and character arc have actually been building all season if we look at his actions as revolving around his need for a father figure. Ever since Fred was shot Archie has been taking over the "protector" role in his household -- e.g. the gun/red circle thing while his dad was incapacitated, handling the medical bills, and now getting Fred out of his contract with the Lodges. Even if it's idiotic, Archie has been steadily taking over his father's role throughout the season. Yes, Fred has been rational and reasoned, but he's also been passive (e.g. the way he sat back and let Mary handle the disciplining of his son this episode), vulnerable, and completely out of the loop. Maybe this "weakness" can be chalked up to PTSD or simply Reasons, but he's as a result become an inadequate father figure to Archie, and Archie's had to become the "adult" and protect him in response.

Then, enter Hiram -- a strong, authoritative figure who is able to both protect and direct Archie, empowering him while giving him strong direction in his life, and taking over the role that Fred currently cannot. He's come to stand in as Archie's new father figure. It's no accident Archie took a "blood oath" with Hiram (as dumb as that was) so that they now literally share blood.

Read this way, it doesn't make Archie's actions more sympathetic, but I think this is what the writers are going for. Thematically, it's consistent, and Archie has always been naive and malleable. Just my two cents.

• Love 7

I’m still really hoping Alice was telling the truth and that FP isn’t Chics father. I just hope that’s the truth. Please show let it be.

i just hate the chic story. Not one thing is good about it.  I can’t really think of one good thing to come out of it. I hope they don’t do a 180 and bait and switch him. I fear they will. Hea the one character that it would be unforgivable to do that to. 

• Love 1
On 3/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, notcreative enough said:

I'm sure this is something that shouldn't be questioned but with Jughead being all ride or die South Side it made me wonder why he wasn't going to that school all along. FP still lives in the same trailer as season 1 and even if he moved after wife and daughter left I can't imagine FP living on the North side. 

I could be wrong but I thought FP went to jail, jellybean and mother left and jughead moved in at times and stayed close to/with Archie. FP and Archie’s dad being close at one time the two were old friends and the senior Andrews wouldn’t be one to hold FP’s sins against jughead.

Edited by Affogato
Lost the final d in jughead
20 hours ago, Affogato said:

I could be wrong but I thought FP went to jail, jellybean and mother left and jughead moved in at times and stayed close to/with Archie. FP and Archie’s dad being close at one time the two were old friends and the senior Andrews wouldn’t be one to hold FP’s sins against jughead.

But before that Jughead was living in the drive thru and a janitors closed at Riverdale high he makes it sound like he went to school with Betty and Archie his whole life. I can't imagine any town having 1 elementary and middle school only to separate into two high schools. Even when Jughead ran away from home people still thought he was living with FP and that's the home address that the school would have on file 

I'm sorry I don't know why out of all the batshit crazy nonsensical storylines this show plows through this is the one that gets stuck in my head. Well this and the fact that I have no idea what a private prison is.

1 hour ago, notcreative enough said:

But before that Jughead was living in the drive thru and a janitors closed at Riverdale high he makes it sound like he went to school with Betty and Archie his whole life. I can't imagine any town having 1 elementary and middle school only to separate into two high schools. Even when Jughead ran away from home people still thought he was living with FP and that's the home address that the school would have on file 

I'm sorry I don't know why out of all the batshit crazy nonsensical storylines this show plows through this is the one that gets stuck in my head. Well this and the fact that I have no idea what a private prison is.

Private prisons are run by private companies. They will get some money from the goverrnment, bid on contracts, but they aren’t run directly by the government. Like charter schools or many halfway houses or group homes.  I suppose Hiram also plans to leverage the prison for private gain and use the guard system to beef up a private army. Or similar, because he’s Hiram. The Southside of riverdale would become a company town for hiram’s Employees, I imagine.

I don’t know that we know about Jughead but I assume he did go to school with them growing up. It is true in the comics. I’m guessing it is because he and Archie were close friends. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 1
On 3/22/2018 at 3:52 PM, Cranberry said:

I'm hoping she can just get legally emancipated. She certainly has the money to support herself considering she's inherited half her father's fortune. Some routes to emancipation don't require a parent's permission. How old is she, anyway?

Where are the parents finding the medieval bedlams where they are sending the Pollys and Cheryls?  Bet the first thing they are doing is having Cheryl declared incompetent. 

1 hour ago, Affogato said:

Where are the parents finding the medieval bedlams where they are sending the Pollys and Cheryls?  Bet the first thing they are doing is having Cheryl declared incompetent. 

Seriously! And they're worried about a prison? It will fit right in with the antiquated pregnant girls reform school and the primitive conversion therapy nuthouse that seem to be fairly close to town.

• Love 2

I love the fact that Hiram's big plan is building a prison in his hometown, it's hilarious. Like something from a literal cartoon villian.

There were a lot of good moments in this episode. Ethel milkshaking on Veronica, Josie turning out to be a double agent, Veronica punching Reggie, Chic being his awesomely creepy self.

There was also some real crap, like Veronica's weak ass line about not saying no to her parents. I think it was supposed to be a rare moment of vulnerability but so out of character it was lame. Josie making up a lie about Veronica being best friends with a rapist and putting it on the poster. Everything else she said was justified but that was putrid, especially since Veronica was one of Nick's victims. Kevin betraying Betty because he's hot for Chic and then getting forgiven like it was nothing. Hello?

• Love 2
On 3/23/2018 at 5:46 AM, Dee said:

It doesn't matter when Chuck's apology happened. The point was that it happened, and was unprompted.

Also, the writers knew exactly how racist they were being by having white women chain up & assault a young black guy, which is why they included conveniently never seen again except for a single plot dependent appearance Trev in the same episode.

Veronica isn't white.

• Love 1