Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Googled Mr. Meghan McCain, aka Ben Domenech.  Couldn't unearth any info on a first wife, but he definitely lost a job due to plagierism......oh, and he called Coretta Scott King a communist.  Yup, those two are a match made in heaven.   I bring him up only because MM made a reference to her husband on the show today, and I could have sworn I heard her say he was previously divorced.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Maybe she has trouble remembering it because it isn't "Meghan McCain", being the self-absorbed bitch that she is.  Or she doesn't want anybody googling it just for the heck of it and learning things about him she would rather not be known.  -  And now that I typed that, I'm going googling

I'm googling too but can't find any info on the first wife.  Never heard of him either.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Does she not understand that people will die, maimed, and forever altered psychologically.. Not to mention, that will create new threats to our country's national security, for generations to come.  I will never understand people who claim to be pro-life, but, are very willing of inflicting violence on others. Nuclear war is no joke..

Yeah, it's that weird conservative/republican mindset, that Meghan is an example of.  Pro-life extends only to pre-birth.  Which is why I hate that the right grabbed that label.  Pro-life should also mean being against war, and against AR-15s,  since those are by definition, ANTI-life. 

5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I bring him up only because MM made a reference to her husband on the show today, and I could have sworn I heard her say he was previously divorced.

I heard her say he was a good cook because he was previously divorced.  That made no sense at all.  Single guys don't have to cook?  Married guys don't have to cook?  but once they're divorced, they better learn?  HUH? 

And, yeah, there's no mention online of him being married before. Hmmmmm.

• Love 14
Just now, backformore said:

Yeah, it's that weird conservative/republican mindset, that Meghan is an example of.  Pro-life extends only to pre-birth.  Which is why I hate that the right grabbed that label.  Pro-life should also mean being against war, and against AR-15s,  since those are by definition, ANTI-life. 

Quality of life should also be under the banner of pro-life: access to healthcare, medication,  clean environment, good education, safe schools and neighborhoods all contribute to a child's growing needs. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan is fine with this because this violence is going to be perpetrated on a country she doesn't like/people who deserve it, and because they're not "her people."

Meghan might want to have a talk with her father about the cost of war.  

• Love 17
45 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Why would anyone want to described as hawkish? MM seemed to be proud to be war first. She's exhausting. 

The most hawkish person on TV, dontcha know.

22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Does she not understand that people will die, maimed, and forever altered psychologically.. Not to mention, that will create new threats to our country's national security, for generations to come.  I will never understand people who claim to be pro-life, but, are very willing on inflicting violence on others. Nuclear war is no joke..

I'm always struck by those who claim to be against violence, to respect life in all forms, to be a Christian, etc. and yet are all for war.

They think war is glorious, patriotic, noble . . . war is people killing people.  They think it is righteous to kill the enemies of one's country even as their faith tells them to kill is wrong.  This is something I will never understand.  I have huge issues with the way we view war in this country, how we glorify it and celebrate it.  Meghan and her hawkish ilk make me sick.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

They think war is glorious, patriotic, noble . . . war is people killing people.  They think it is righteous to kill the enemies of one's country even as their faith tells them to kill is wrong.  This is something I will never understand.  I have huge issues with the way we view war in this country, how we glorify it and celebrate it.  Meghan and her hawkish ilk make me sick.

Not to mention how defense contractors make money off war.

• Love 20
34 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Does she not understand that people will die, maimed, and forever altered psychologically.. Not to mention, that will create new threats to our country's national security, for generations to come.  I will never understand people who claim to be pro-life, but, are very willing on inflicting violence on others. Nuclear war is no joke..

I view Meghan's anti-choice stance with suspicion.  As far a I know she had never voiced it before coming on the View.  She was very vocal about being in favor of LGTBQ rights for years.  If it was something she felt so deeply about as she claims now I would think she would have let it be known.  Me thinks her husband and his family influenced her feelings.

• Love 12

Sara is receiving pushback on Twitter over the Sally Hemings "love story" narrative she pushed today. 

Sunny replied that they had an off camera conversation about it, that enlightened Sara to fully understand the topic. 

I hope they address this on the show Monday, because it's a dangerous assertion to make that a slave had this epic love story with her owner. 

Edited by Richard
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I view Meghan's anti-choice stance with suspicion.  As far a I know she had never voiced it before coming on the View.  She was very vocal about being in favor of LGTBQ rights for years.  If it was something she felt so deeply about as she claims now I would think she would have let it be known.  Me thinks her husband and his family influenced her feelings.

I remember during the 2012 election she was on Maddow talking about being pro life, but thought Transvaginal ultrasound Bob McDonnell signed went to far.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Richard said:

Sara is receiving pushback on Twitter over the Sally Hemings "love story" narrative she pushed today. 

Sunny replied that they had an off camera conversation about it, that enlightened Sara to fully understand the topic. 

Good and good. I couldn't believe she thought it was romantic.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, backformore said:

And after Meghan was so AWFUL to Sunny yesterday, they went out to the theater together. 

I don't get it.

Sunny is a much better person than I am, God bless her.

I enjoyed the other ladies not backing down from Meghan over her adoring love of Bolton. I agreed with Sara that it's preferable to have someone with bad intentions in charge that is stupid and ineffectual rather than competent if those are the only two choices. I'm glad Sunny wouldn't let the scuzzy nature of the affairs go and pointed out what it says about where our country is that this isn't even a blip on the radar. And I'm shocked, no, really, at how blasé Meghan is about it all despite her never-ending CLINTON ORAL SEX mantra 20 years after the fact. What's infuriating are those double standardszzz, Mehgun!

• Love 18
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan is fine with this because this violence is going to be perpetrated on a country she doesn't like/people who deserve it, and because they're not "her people."

Pretty much. And if you say anything otherwise that is anti-war, then you are disrespecting the troops and shouldn't be in this country if you don't like freedom.

That kind of rhetoric is so dangerous. Meghan can say whatever she'd like and be a warmonger and nothing will happen, but there are Muslims who have spoken out against the wars and been placed in jail. Some even tortured. It's created a society that is afraid of saying anything, because you'll have the cops on you or be seen as someone not thankful.  (I should add that a lot of black activists, including Muhammed Ali, were jailed for going against the Vietnam war as well. The general idea was that he is great when it comes to fighting, but he should shut up when politics comes up.)

If North Korea is bombed, then there will be Koreans who may feel a certain way and be shamed for saying anything against it. Meghan will probably be one of those people saying bad things about those not supporting the troops and the war. The idea is either you're for freedom and support the troops, or you go back home and risk being bombed. If you're an 'other' than that is your only option. Meghan may not understand this, but that is what she is saying when she talks about being okay with violence against a country that won't do anything.

Unless Meghan plans on going over to North Korea along with Bolton to fight, she really should stop talking about American aggression to solve things.

.....and that's the last thing I'll say about this topic.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Quality of life should also be under the banner of pro-life: access to healthcare, medication,  clean environment, good education, safe schools and neighborhoods all contribute to a child's growing needs. 

Agreed!

MM's husband?  Wow!  After researching her and finding the best all-in-one article at Wikipedia I went there again and found Ben.  When the paragraph on controversies is larger then any other paragraph.............It caught my attention.  Good read, especially the part of taking money in reimbursement for a favorable post.

Something tells me MM is being used for her connections.

MM kept repeating that she is "hawkish" and for fun I did a quick definition search:  

advocating an aggressive or warlike policy, especially in foreign affairs.

Wow, just wow.

2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

MM is so defensive all the time and just sucks all the positivity out of the room. She’s always ready for a fight. She needs to chill out. I can only imagine what her blood pressure must be!

I completely agree.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And there will be no repercussions because no one we attack will retaliate.  Maybe "hawkish" means  bird-brain.

• Love 9

Hey, Meghan!  I learned what oral sex was because I graduated from high school in 1969 and from the time we entered high school until we graduated, we were called the 69ers and everyone always laughed.  Finally a friends older brother told us what being a 69er meant and we finally understood.  Life went on and we all survived.  Bill Clinton did not give me flashbacks of the harassment we got in high school (back then if you were bullied, you were bullied), and through the years when the subject of oral sex came up I never sang my high school song, even though I’m a diploma carrying 69er, nor did I explain how I originally found out what it was.   In other words, you gotta learn about somewhere.  Get over it.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Richard said:

I hope they address this on the show Monday, because it's a dangerous assertion to make that a slave had this epic love story with her owner. 

Why should Sunny have to reply? This is Sara's mess not hers.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, backformore said:

And after Meghan was so AWFUL to Sunny yesterday, they went out to the theater together. 

I don't get it.

I don't get it either unless they already had tickets.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Thanks! I’ve been a lurker for a long time. But I can only maintain my sanity for a finite period of time watching this show before I need to vent to like-minded folks!

I completely understand - lol.  Welcome.

• Love 5

welcome jumper and opal....this is a terrific place to hate on MM, we all need an A/A meeting after an hour of that C**ty Cow each day. But that ain't gonna happen because we are all total sots because of her. Burp. ?

• Love 5

Didn't she say she is "in politics" because that's the only thing she knows, being raised "in politics"?  What about her siblings. Are they all "in politics" too because thats all they know and were raised in it?  She makes me tired

• Love 15

MM keeps bringing up Bill Clinton which I find odd. Was Bill Clinton impeached for having oral sex with a willing person who was not his wife? I cant recall bc I didn't watch it.

Sunny is spending time with MM off the show? at the theatre? That strikes me as peculiar.

Sometimes Sara is so back and forth it is irritating.

Love Joy as mod

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM keeps bringing up Bill Clinton which I find odd. Was Bill Clinton impeached for having oral sex with a willing person who was not his wife? I cant recall bc I didn't watch it.

The House impeached him, but the Senate didn’t.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I think they already had tickets because Sunny said she took her daughter. And it was opening night.

They were probably "The View" tickets and SOMEONE had to go.  One of the perks that's not always a perk.

• Love 3

Minor point:  I mentioned in the Meghan thread that Meghan and Clay apparently attended Frozen together as there were several red carpet photos of the two of them together (none with Meghan and Sunny).  They probably just bumped into Sunny at the theater.  Sunny and Clay are friends, hence the selfie.  But yeah, Sunny's a better person than me.

• Love 1

Finally just watched Friday’s show and Meghan is just so FULL OF SHIT. She goes on and on about loving Bolton but can’t say why other than “qualified.” Dismisses Sunny pointing out how he undermined Rice, and when Joy said people in the Republican Party thinks he’s crazy, as not the “real/Traditionalists Republicans” like her smug ass, who do love him. And when Joy asks Meghan that she agrees with Bolton that the US should bomb North Korea, she can’t give an equivocal answer and just says “what I’m saying is...” No, Meghan: it was a yes or no question. 

And for your information, your dad wasn’t the first presidential candidate to have a second wife-Nancy Reagan was wife no. 2. So nice try in trying to play off that was the “scandal” of your mom and dad.

I could NOT BELIEVE how tone deaf Sara was about Hemmings and Jefferson. She was a slave and had no CHOICE in that “relationship.”

Sara should have been the one to tweet how she was wrong and tone deaf about it all, and not have Sunny, again tell that Sara now knows it wasn’t a love affair.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16
35 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

In case anyone is interested, this is what Sara tweeted:

Somehow I still don’t think she understands why what she said was so problematic but okay. 

What the fuck??? This was NOT an equal relationship and for her to say she didn’t know the entire history makes her look ignorant and STOOPID. Even if she only heard that Hemmings had Jefferson’s child, just the FACT that she was his slave would have made it clear it was rape. Like a slave even has a choice to say no.????

Oh, and Sunny? I bet if your daughter watched this show where she could see how Meghan acts and treats you with such disrespect, she would not “love” her.??????

• Love 16
On 3/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, OnTime said:

I am this close.... to saying Meghan is worse than Bitsy. And it can't get worse than that.

One more "as a Republican" and she may take the lead over Bits.

Oh, I think she's far, far worse than Bitsy.  IMO she took the lead over Bitsy months ago.

• Love 6
On 3/20/2018 at 10:53 AM, imjagain said:

Do people really pressure people to have children?

Just adding a bit late -- YES. My sister and I still fall apart when we remember her wedding reception. She was standing there IN HER WHITE DRESS and an elderly aunt went up and told her she wasn't getting any younger and it was time to start having kids.

Literally, she had been married 45 minutes at that point.

She. Was. Still. Wearing. Her. Wedding. Dress.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Just adding a bit late -- YES. My sister and I still fall apart when we remember her wedding reception. She was standing there IN HER WHITE DRESS and an elderly aunt went up and told her she wasn't getting any younger and it was time to start having kids.

Literally, she had been married 45 minutes at that point.

She. Was. Still. Wearing. Her. Wedding. Dress.

I bet the groom wasn't told that.  Which annoys me to no end.  Women are constantly reminded they have ticking biological time clock but men just go about their merry way.  

• Love 4