Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, backformore said:

I've never said anything like this before.  That blue with silver blouse/jacket that Whoopi is wearing today?   I want it.

I do too and this isn't the first time I have loved one of her duster/kimono tops. 

• Love 3

My FB friends are always posting the results of these "fun" quizzes and I keep telling them that they are turning over their private info whenever they do this. I was shocked to hear that with this Cambridge Analytic scandal not only was the info on quiz takers mined, but it also was a gateway for them to mine the info of all the friends. Scary stuff!

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

My FB friends are always posting the results of these "fun" quizzes and I keep telling them that they are turning over their private info whenever they do this. I was shocked to hear that with this Cambridge Analytic scandal not only was the info on quiz takers mined, but it also was a gateway for them to mine the info of all the friends. Scary stuff!

Another thing not being mentioned and not sure if it's related to Cambridge Analytic is that you can use your FB account to sign into a wide variety of other sites.  So FB can know your other online activities.

• Love 9

Mining your info through friends scares me.  I have many friends on FB I don't know well.  I belong to several groups  jesus. 

One good thing about Whoopi is she stops them talking all at once. Well, she stops MM from doing that. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Another thing not being mentioned and not sure if it's related to Cambridge Analytic is that you can use your FB account to sign into a wide variety of other sites.  So FB can know your other online activities.

yes, I have tried to comment on some sites, but without registering with  a FB account I can't.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, backformore said:

I've never said anything like this before.  That blue with silver blouse/jacket that Whoopi is wearing today?   I want it.

I do too and this isn't the first time I have loved one of her duster/kimono tops. 

• Love 3

As a Canadian living in the US, I've always been floored how non-chalant people are with their SSN. In Canada we're taught early to never give our SIN to anybody. Not even the banks can force you to hand it over. 

• Love 10

Well, show was preempted due to a school shooting about 100 miles from where I live. 

But based on yesterday's show and what I'm reading here, Meghan doesn't want children. When the other hosts were talking about children (I forget the topic) yesterday, Meghan toasts her mug and insincerely, smugly states "a good reason not to have children." Then looked at the camera and sluurrrrped. Throughout the entire show yesterday, from her screechy, fake-ass, insincere screaming about WANTING TO KNOW NOW!!!!! what Stormi has to say, and based on comments I'm reading here, in my deep cold heart, I want her ass to get pregnant and see how she deals with that. Because she's so "aggressively pro-life." I think at the bottom of each of her blue cards is:

1. But Obama
  2. But Hillary
  3. Tribal
  4. Eeenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo--which Big Word Can I use that makes no sense?

She kept using the word "negate" yesterday, in a way that made no sense. And I'm not a masochist that I'll go back to see what context she was using it in.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13

Oh Scorp, honey child, don't do that to yourself, nothing is worth having to watch even one minute of MM twice. And wow, do I agree with everyone, that broad does not need to have children, after all, it would ruin her beautiful figure. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

As a Canadian living in the US, I've always been floored how non-chalant people are with their SSN. In Canada we're taught early to never give our SIN to anybody. Not even the banks can force you to hand it over. 

Not any more, but back in the day we had to include it on our resume.

• Love 4

Such compassion from MM on opioid addiction. ( least angry I've seen her) king pins should die but not say someone who steals RX pads and writes themselves Vicodin? 

Hope it's ok to say that Michael Simon who ran Obamas 2008  data driven micro targeting team is tweeting " how dare you! " to MM that they did not steal private profile data. Do you think she will apologize Wednesday? I didn't think so. 

• Love 13

New rule- They are no longer allowed to address the opiate problem.  They know nothing about drug addiction and say stupid things.

Joy and Whoopi telling everyone to read the directions on prescription bottle.  Yeah, that's it.  Jesus  

I do believeI heard MM make sense about weed. But I don't want to go back to make sure either, @GHScorpiosRule.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

I do believeI heard MM make sense about weed. But I don't want to go back to make sure either, @GHScorpiosRule.

She did bring up cannabis oil.  And seemed to be in favor of it.  When she referenced it being used for cancer patients I thought maybe she was referring to her dad.

• Love 7

The pence daughter seemed nice enough, but I was a little puzzled about the, "he doesn't hate anyone" thing. Um.... so if hate is not the word then what is the word for what he does and says about "certain" people? He sounds pretty hateful to me.

MM cant stop shouting over people. I may have to bow out of this show. I left when Bitsy went cray and I didnt' come back for years.

People are in pain. Whoopi is not wrong about the weed. In five years? 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ari333 said:

The pence daughter seemed nice enough, but I was a little puzzled about the, "he doesn't hate anyone" thing. Um.... so if hate is not the word then what is the word for what he does and says about "certain" people? He sounds pretty hateful to me.

I thought the exact same thing.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Mike Pence and his ilk don't think they hate anybody.  According to their bible homosekshulls are going to burn in hell, so anything done to stop that is a kind, loving thing, including universally condemned and often illegal conversion therapy.

This. 

I don't care what Pence's family says about him, he's shown us exactly who he is. 

He might not have "hate" for anyone as the Pence daughter said but the fact that he made it ok for restaurants to turn people away just because they were gay seems pretty damn hateful... just saying. 

• Love 24

I remember a few seasons back they were talking about something related to relieving pain and someone made a joke about weed and Whoopi made some comment like, "they don't want me to really talk about it." At the time I interpreted that to mean "they" = the higher ups. 

As Haleth said above, it's likely because WG has/had a financial stake in some cannabis-related product line. There must be some general rule that people are not allowed to promote something which profits them personally. Kathy Lee Gifford can't promote her line of wines by name on the Today Show - she has to refer to it as "my stuff".

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Hell to the yes on that.  But I wonder how deeply she's thought about this; it sounded to me like she's just too self-absorbed to shift any attention away from herself and onto a baby.  Just my opinion.  I am honestly someone who doesn't think parenthood is necessarily for everyone, and I applaud those who refuse to give in to societal pressures to have children just because it's 'expected' when they have deep personal convictions as to why they choose not to.  However, I'm not so sure that MM has given it any deep thought; just a gut instinct on my part, and YMMV.

I don't think MM has given anything ANY deep thought.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Such compassion from MM on opioid addiction. ( least angry I've seen her) king pins should die but not say someone who steals RX pads and writes themselves Vicodin? 

Hope it's ok to say that Michael Simon who ran Obamas 2008  data driven micro targeting team is tweeting " how dare you! " to MM that they did not steal private profile data. Do you think she will apologize Wednesday? I didn't think so. 

Exactly.  Prescriptions for Vicodin in innocent people's names, by the way.  Nor was there mention of the Keating 5 attorney that got someone off on the charges.  Look, I'm glad that Meghan has compassion for addicts, but she noted it's because there's addiction "in her family" .  I really can't stand when people only care about a cause because it hits close to home. 

• Love 20

I feel like Sara was the only one who understood the opioid crisis. But I do like that Sunny mentioned that this was a problem with black communities for a long time and the only reason why the government cares now, is because white middle class and above women are getting hooked. Doctors were prescribing it like candy and the pharmaceutical companies fudged the rules in order to get people hooked.

If anyone is interested in this topic, there's a great podcast called The Dollop (comedy history) that had a two part series on the history of the opioid crisis.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/280-opium-in-the-us-part-1

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/281-opium-in-the-us-part-2

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Not even five minutes in and I was yelling for MM to shut up! Lord.

You.and.me.both.

22 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Megan, you deceitful twat. Did the Obama campaign steal the information from those Facebook users and create millions of fake profiles that shared wrong information to a targeted audience? No? Then it's not the SAME THING AT ALL.

GAH!  She really is a one trick pony.

What happened with the stupid bunny - dirty animals, I know we raised them - and Joy?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan's new word for the day - dystopian. 

As a fan of dystopia I think we are are on the forefront of events that may lead to dystopian society.

5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Charlotte Pence feels accepted in Hollywood.  Geez Meghan I guess it wasn't your politics which made you unwelcome.  Guess it was your personality.

ha ha ha ha ha

I loved when MM said some place somewhere had conservative minds explaining themselves and she wasn't invited - ha ha ha.  If you always need to explain your views then perhaps they are insane.

Edited by jumper sage
verb/pronoun agreement is always my downfall
  • Love 7

You know when they brought in Dan Abrams to school Whoopi on how wrong she was about Cosby's accusers? They need to do the same with Meghan and her equating Obama's meta targeting with what Cambridge Analytica did for the Trump campaign. Who am I kidding? Ain't gonna happen. But maybe at least a correction?

• Love 18

I've always said it isn't your politics, but how you choose to live your life that determines if people like you or not.  I have one friend that is the democratic male version of Meghan... and drum roll... people don't care for him whether in red or blue territory.. and it's because of his personality, not his ideology.  

In regards to the breastfeeding segment, Meghan really couldn't contribute except to say that this is something that really freaks her out about being a parent.  It's all a non-parent can contribute since they can't speak on the topic.

In regards to the male birth control discussion, if the product is advertised to let men have casual one nighters and sex without the fear of getting a girl pregnant.. then I think men could learn to remember taking it.  It is how you market the product.  If you market it correctly, men will remember to take it.

• Love 5

Whoopi's mom has had a variety of "professions" ... teacher & now a pediatric nurse.  Whoopi is so full of it!!!

Wiki says she was a "nurse and teacher".  So ...

Edited by Medicine Crow
Add Wiki info.
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Did anyone notice Whoopi saying her mother had been a hospital baby nurse?   I always thought she had been a teacher.

I don't know this but it could be that she started out as a Headstart "teacher".  Usually preschools do not need to have accredited teachers or maybe one to run the program.  She could very well have been a parapro.  I could see her going into nursing after getting an education further than high school.  You have to earn money if you go to college.  I was a waitress then a librarian with a masters.  My sister was a waitress then an RN.  Happens all the time.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, ari333 said:

Yeah, that was a load of bullshit. I'm sorry she has to hear her father being called out (deservingly), but he is what he chooses to be. You can't legislate discrimination and avoid being called "hateful" at the same time.

7 hours ago, Wings said:

Joy and Whoopi telling everyone to read the directions on prescription bottle.  Yeah, that's it.  Jesus  

To be fair, Whoopi is the one who went on some spiel about how people don't read the small print when they take pills and get hooked, and then Joy responded by saying (paraphrasing) that people get what they have coming to them if they're too stupid to read the back of a pill bottle.

• Love 5

Many Christians hide their bigotry behind the "love the sinner, hate the sin."   

Whoopi was being naive.  Reading the fine print does not stop or even help the problem.  That is what I was saying. Anyone who is prescribed a narcotic is schooled by the doctor as to what it is.  Many claim they became addicted because of a back issue.  That is the excuse dejour.  Some have this happen but not all who voice this. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5

I think this is from HuffPost (sorry for the lack of attribution):  "John Oliver and his “Last Week Tonight” team have a hit.  The HBO program trolled Vice President Mike Pence and his family, who published a book about their pet rabbit on Monday, by releasing its own version of the tale in which the bunny is gay.  And the show’s bunny book is topping the charts. 

"A Day In the Life Of Marlon Bundo, penned by “Last Week Tonight” writer Jill Twiss and illustrated by EG Keller, hit the top spot on Amazon with the Kindle version reaching #2 on the list. The audiobook, read by Jim Parsons and featuring the voices of several other celebrities, also debuted at #1 on the website’s audiobook chart.  The Pence family’s tale, Marlon Bundo’s Day in the Life of the Vice President, currently sits at #3 on Amazon’s children’s book charts."

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

In regards to the male birth control discussion, if the product is advertised to let men have casual one nighters and sex without the fear of getting a girl pregnant.. then I think men could learn to remember taking it.  It is how you market the product.  If you market it correctly, men will remember to take it.

Good point. Truvada (PReP) is becoming more common in the gay community. You take it once a day and it greatly reduces your risk of HIV. A lot of my friends are on it and don't have problems forgetting. One of my gal pals in college had an alarm on her phone for her birth control.

The Oscar-nominated documentary short "Heroin(e)" is on Netflix and I should send Joy and Whoopi a copy. Many addicts start because of debilitating pain, and then you have entire communities that are facing economic depression, and young people start because it's THERE, or to escape the emotional pain they're in. It's not about reading a bottle.

• Love 6

I have actually heard Whoppi mention that her mom had a nursing background and then became a teacher or vice versa, don't know which one came first but it's not something she just made up.  Whoppi is a narcissist but I have never heard her lie on her mom's name to make a stupid point in a discussion that no one cared about to begin with.

3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

You know when they brought in Dan Abrams to school Whoopi on how wrong she was about Cosby's accusers? They need to do the same with Meghan and her equating Obama's meta targeting with what Cambridge Analytica did for the Trump campaign. Who am I kidding? Ain't gonna happen. But maybe at least a correction?

Thank you.  Meta targeting is a perfectly legal advertising strategy, which is what Obama and many other companies do.  The Cambridge Analytica situation is about stealing information to gain access to unrelated accounts. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

I forgot to say, I thought MM looked very pretty. Her hair and make-up were quite lovely.

I agree.  (Wow, I can't believe I said something nice about her.)  What she had today should be her default make-up, and the hair was lovely from the front--it had a bit of a puff--not like the plastered-down braids she usually wears.

• Love 3

I'm an equal opportunist with MM, so yeah I do have to chime in on MM looked really beautiful today.  Her clothing and especially her hair looked really lovely.  Her hair was giving me a Kim Novak tease, very flattering on her.

• Love 2
On 2018-03-20 at 9:52 AM, Alexis2291 said:

LOL Meghan tried to bait Pence's daughter by asking about encountering Hollywood bias. Charlotte says she's been accepted and met some amazing people. Meghan, you're such a sad, small-minded woman.

You read my mind! She seems like a sweet girl. How the hell is she the daughter of... him?

It’s so odd - it’s as if the two were switched at birth.....Charlotte seems more what I’d imagine John McCain’s daughter would be and MM more like  Pence spawn....

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 17