Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I LOVED Corey Booker not having it when  Meghan asked him to defend or criticize a quote from Hillary Clinton.  

If we can't get the republicans to defend or criticize what the PRESIDENT is doing, how the hell is every democrat responsible for defending everything Hillary has ever said?    Way to derail the conversation, Megs!  It's always "what about Hillary?"  with you. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

The Color Wow stuff is amazing and a great price but the $5.00 shipping seems ridiculous.

Since Sara proclaims her LOVE for "Free Shipping & Handling," so often, maybe they should have a special View Your Deal where every item gives that perk.

Edited by Former Nun
No 'e' in proclaims
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I had no problem with Corey going after that woman. I was whooping and hollering. She was covering up the shthole country comment by playing dumb. I am from one of those countries that were demonized.  

Don't misunderstand me, I agreed with everything he said, I just thought he sounded rehearsed in a grandstanding way.

• Love 3

Loved Senator Booker.  I understand why people aren't warming to him or others in the Democratic party.  Obama set the bar very high and is still a world star.  His honesty, charisma and cool assness is hard to replicate.  I was pleased to see the audience cheers for Senator Booker.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, while Meghan is right that Stormy just giggled in previous interviews, was coy about answering questions.   that was when she was restrained by the NDA, and thought she would get in trouble for saying anything.  Now that she has lawyers telling her the NDA is not enforceable because trump didn't sign it, she's talking.  

Meghan needs to remember -  it's not the sex, it's the cover up.    She can't shut up about Clinton, she needs to look it up.  Clinton did not get in trouble for HAVING sex, he got in trouble for lying about it under oath.  The trump/stormy story is about a payoff to keep a secret.

As Sunny pointed out, trump and stormy having sex?  yeah so what?  but using campaign money to shut her up - clearly illegal.  AND - the 60 minutes interview was delayed ONE WEEK, because trump was trying  to stop CBS from airing it, and CBS wanted to vet some of the information before airing the interview.   Meghan can yell all she wants about how she wants to know what Stormy has to say, NOW.  But the interview was only done about a week and a half ago, it's not like 60 minutes has been sitting on it forever, as MM said. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND - Meghan talks about John Edwards, and the national Enquirer winning a Peabody award for uncovering that story.   Did they?  

wikipedia doesn't know about it.

Wasn't it just a week ago when Elsa was saying it wouldn't be Russia or anything else that would bring Trump down, it would be Stormy Daniels and whatever she has on him.  So why is she now saying what she is saying?  Argh!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Haleth said:

That guy from O magazine is smarmy. 

I generally fast forward through the QVC section, but when I saw  your post I had to check it out, and yup, he is smarmy.  When he said to Sarah "We're twinning.", I nearly threw my remote at the TV.  Oprah hired this asshole?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I generally fast forward through the QVC section, but when I saw  your post I had to check it out, and yup, he is smarmy.  When he said to Sarah "We're twinning.", I nearly threw my remote at the TV.  Oprah hired this asshole?

Remember, Oprah hired Dr. Shil,  too. And Dr. Oz. 

I like Oprah, but these  protegees turned into $-greedy smarmy sell outs.

• Love 12

Fucking MM (and WG) is the reason we can't have nice things. She won't let Sunny get a word in edgewise. Sunny kept telling MM to let her (SH) speak. Nope. 

I tried to watch the top of the show. Click. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Fucking MM (and WG) is the reason we can't have nice things. She won't let Sunny get a word in edgewise. Sunny kept telling MM to let her (SH) speak. Nope. 

Yep, same here.  Done.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Omg, I'm trying not to  scream at the tv. STFU Whoopi and MM. Nobody is acknowledging what Sunny is saying. It's like sunny is the only one talking about what is  really going on and the rest are having a  completely different conversation. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I hit mute. I'll (maybe) watch a clip of that segment later. Not sure how much more I can take.

A morning talk show shouldn't be this damn exhausting.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Haleth said:

He's good for a headshot...maybe in a hairstyling book.  I think it's his creepy voice that makes things icky.

19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan's new word for the day - dystopian. 

If we could only find the same Word-of-the-Day calendar she's using, we could jump ahead one day and be ready for her!

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

The only time Meghan shuts her mouth is when they're talking about motherhood. I'm surprised she hasn't figured out how to throw a "as a conservative" line in there somewhere.

Really? She seemed to turn the conversation about breast feeding, into her not wanting children.  

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6
Just now, imjagain said:

Really? She seemed to turn the conversation about her not wanting children.  

I guess what I mean is she doesn't angrily interrupt, roll her eyes, or insert her political views into the conversation when they discuss motherhood. I suppose the only thing she can add to that conversation is that she doesn't know if she wants children because that's her only talking point whenever the subject comes up.

• Love 6

If we could only find the same Word-of-the-Day calendar she's using, we could jump ahead one day and be ready for her!

Might I suggest The Federalist, hubby's site,  as the source? A quick search shows that Occam's Razor and dystopia both pop up there frequently. 

• Love 10

How did this pleasant, engaging person come from Mike Pence? I LOVED when Megan was gearing up to hear about how horrible Hollywood is to Charlotte and she instead heard how welcomed and accepted she is there.

• Love 20

LOL Meghan tried to bait Pence's daughter by asking about encountering Hollywood bias. Charlotte says she's been accepted and met some amazing people. Meghan, you're such a sad, small-minded woman.

1 minute ago, Aileen said:

How did this pleasant, engaging person come from Mike Pence?

You read my mind! She seems like a sweet girl. How the hell is she the daughter of... him?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 16

Of course Charlotte is Meghan's friend.  Too funny that Meghan wanted to commiserate about Hollywood bias, but Charlotte said "nope."  (Here's a clue, Meggie-- it's you.). Very cute bunny.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I guess what I mean is she doesn't angrily interrupt, roll her eyes, or insert her political views into the conversation when they discuss motherhood. I suppose the only thing she can add to that conversation is that she doesn't know if she wants children because that's her only talking point whenever the subject comes up.

Maybe.

Do people really pressure people to have children? 

I live in the Midwest and even here, I don't see people putting pressure on young people to have children.  Idk maybe I'm wrong , I have 2 20 somethings and a 7 year old so I'm not really in rush for grandkids and don't  care if they have children  (shrugs).

MM maybe needs to talk to her inlaws and parent if it's such a touchy subject.  Because I don't care if she has children. 

• Love 4

So Whoopi didn't want to say weed was an alternative to opioids for pain.  Does ABC not want to promote it?  

And Sunny is right when Trump says "they" are going to be given the death penalty regarding drug dealers he means street dealers.  He doesn't mean the pharmaceutical companies that manufacture and the doctors that prescribe the pills.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Aileen said:

How did this pleasant, engaging person come from Mike Pence? I LOVED when Megan was gearing up to hear about how horrible Hollywood is to Charlotte and she instead heard how welcomed and accepted she is there.

You made me literally laugh out loud... Megan, get over Hollywood, they did not like you and you did not like them. Move on already...

I will never understand her neurotic need to be accepted by Hollywood.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Whoopi didn't want to say weed was an alternative to opioids for pain.  Does ABC not want to promote it?  

I remember a few seasons back they were talking about something related to relieving pain and someone made a joke about weed and Whoopi made some comment like, "they don't want me to really talk about it." At the time I interpreted that to mean "they" = the higher ups. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Omg, I'm trying not to  scream at the tv. STFU Whoopi and MM. Nobody is acknowledging what Sunny is saying. It's like sunny is the only one talking about what is  really going on and the rest are having a  completely different conversation. 

I'm a little irritated that Sunny is unable to make her point without reading from her blue cards.  I watched this topic get covered all evening yesterday, and no one had to look down and read the information.  Combined with Meghan's screeching whataboutism and I'm extremely irritated five minutes into the show.  Meghan looked pissed when she sat down, so their morning meeting must have fired her up.

What Obama did wasn't the same, and I wish Sunny wasn't so wishy-washy toward Meghan - "I don't think so".  How about - Meghan, it is not the same thing (full stop).

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I cannot take WG much longer. She's a very poor moderator and either has selective amnesia or lived a sheltered life. Her recollection of "The Good Old Days" are just fantasies.  

In the 70's and 80's we had no idea what giving out our Social Security number could do. As a matter of practice most of us would have our SS# PRINTED ON OUR CHECKS!  Yes, under name and address and phone number!  It was also common practice to print your driver's license number on your personal checks. And remember that personal checks were used for everything!  We had no idea what the ramifications could be. 

So, Whoopi, shut up.  You don't know what you are thinking about. 

And yes, I lived in NYC and SF - lots of people did this. 

Ditto back then here in Canada!!!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Of course, but we've seen recently how ABC reacts to anything slightly controversial.

Some time ago Whoopi was invested in a line of cannabis products (or was it cpb oils?) and I remember she wasn't allowed to talk about this either. She normally wears a cannabis leaf necklace.  Mickey wept. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

In the 70's and 80's we had no idea what giving out our Social Security number could do. 

In the 1970s my university used our SS#s on our ID cards!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I for one am glad Meghan is choosing not to procreate.

Hell to the yes on that.  But I wonder how deeply she's thought about this; it sounded to me like she's just too self-absorbed to shift any attention away from herself and onto a baby.  Just my opinion.  I am honestly someone who doesn't think parenthood is necessarily for everyone, and I applaud those who refuse to give in to societal pressures to have children just because it's 'expected' when they have deep personal convictions as to why they choose not to.  However, I'm not so sure that MM has given it any deep thought; just a gut instinct on my part, and YMMV.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Hell to the yes on that.  But I wonder how deeply she's thought about this; it sounded to me like she's just too self-absorbed to shift any attention away from herself and onto a baby.  Just my opinion.  I am honestly someone who doesn't think parenthood is necessarily for everyone, and I applaud those who refuse to give in to societal pressures to have children just because it's 'expected' when they have deep personal convictions as to why they choose not to.  However, I'm not so sure that MM has given it any deep thought; just a gut instinct on my part, and YMMV.

She said you give your body away to have a baby.  So I'm guessing her reasons for not having a child aren't entirely unselfish.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, deirdra said:

In the 1970s my university used our SS#s on our ID cards!

the 90s (I was late to college) that was still done. name, BIRTHDATE and SS # and we had to wear it on our shirts for all to see. It was attached by a clip. sometimes I'd turn it over and says oops. I almost flinched when I agreed with whoop. Stop clicking shit, people. It doesn't make it right, what they did, but folks give out too much personal info on the internetS

Good, MM. Do not have spawn.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

He's good for a headshot...maybe in a hairstyling book.  I think it's his creepy voice that makes things icky.

I agree. His voice is like a sociopath from a Lifetime movie, where the women think he's so kind and caring, until they find themselves tied up in his basement.  

1 hour ago, imjagain said:

Yes, Sunny is talking about how Facebook "fun surveys" were ways to get your information, and that of your friends. And Whoopi chimes in with, "don't share your social security number! Don't send money to a Nigerian prince!". Wtf, Whoopi! That's not what this is about!!

• Love 17