Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Twenty Years to Life / S10.E02: Dress to Impress

I watched again and I missed a bit of important info: turns out Darlene and the kids have only been living with Dan & Roseanne for one week. Which explains why the kids were just starting their new schools. I was initially confused trying to figure out how long Darlene had been back.

Some bits of dialogue that made me really laugh out loud:

Roseanne: "Are you gonna be there when Becky has sex with your husband?" Becky: Mom! They don't do it like that. Right?"

Roseanne: "Let's say grace. Jackie, would you like to take a knee?"

Darlene: "Is anyone gonna mention the fact that she's (Becky) like 50?"

Darlene: "He'll be fine, he wore stuff like that in Chicago." Roseanne: "The Musical?"

Jackie: "As a Life Coach..."

• Love 21

How is there a Saint Darlene story? She's not doing great either, she lost her job, her husband and moved with her kids back in with her parents. And is lying to everyone about it. 

Only speaking for myself - Darlene is in a tough spot right now but apparently has had a job and been raising her kids alone just fine until her recent job loss. Becky is a high school drop out who waits tables and sees renting her womb and selling a child as her way to step up, while Darlene is gamely raising her kids all by herself. DJ is ex military with no job mentioned (although its actually conceivable that he retired after 20 years) Jerry has run off to be a fisherman.

Becky's storyline is about her willingness to endanger her life to make a little cash and as a side effect her first and likely only child at her age will be raised by strangers.

Darlene is doing her best to keep her kids afloat and dealing with her son's gender fluidity like a champ!

Darlene is definitely getting the better edit, let's say ;)

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Only speaking for myself - Darlene is in a tough spot right now but apparently has had a job and been raising her kids alone just fine until her recent job loss. Becky is a high school drop out who waits tables and sees renting her womb and selling a child as her way to step up, while Darlene is gamely raising her kids all by herself. DJ is ex military with no job mentioned (although its actually conceivable that he retired after 20 years) Jerry has run off to be a fisherman.

Becky's storyline is about her willingness to endanger her life to make a little cash and as a side effect her first and likely only child at her age will be raised by strangers.

Darlene is doing her best to keep her kids afloat and dealing with her son's gender fluidity like a champ!

Darlene is definitely getting the better edit, let's say ;)

Yeah but his wife is also in the army and still deployed. His family has an income and he's currently a single parent. He gets a pass. And if he's getting out of the military in his 30's he likely spent quite a bit of time in there. 

• Love 9
On 3/27/2018 at 9:47 PM, txhorns79 said:

It seems like a fairly unorthodox set up.  Certainly it doesn't seem as though an agency of any kind is involved given Becky is lying about her age, and I don't think they would use someone who doesn't have any children already.  

Traditional surrogacy is frowned upon in the surrogacy world, generally speaking.  And yes, typically, they would want you to not only have had children, but be under a certain age.

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

I was so relieved that Roseanne 2.0 was much better than Will & Grace 2.0.  The first 10 minutes I was a little worried that it would be all about politics like W & G 2.0, but it wasn't.  Thank goodness! I thought they did a great job with the set.  It looked exactly like the old Connor house, even down to the crochet afghan.

I completely forgot about Jerry.  Honestly the last couple seasons of Roseanne weren't that great (Jerry, winning the lottery) so I don't care if Jerry isn't a part of the show.

I'm glad to hear that they'll be bringing some of the former cast mates  back.  I wonder if they'll bring Leon back.  I also really liked Fred (Jackie's ex-hubby) and wished they could have made it work.

My 2 wishes for this show: 1. Don't make it be too political, and 2.  Get rid of the whole "Becky surrogacy" storyline.  I'm wondering if they're going to have Becky get pregnant and then someone the deal falls through and Becky ends up being a single mother. 

All in all, I was so happy that the show was better than I expected.  Good job!

I understand that they wanted to get Sarah Chalke in there, but a better story would have been Becky deciding that she wanted a child and going through fertility treatment like so many single women around 40 grapple with--just thinking about how a working woman like Becky could handle the expense would be interesting, Becky isn't Alexis Stewart (Martha's daughter who decided in her 40's to have 2 children by herself and had the financial resources to do it.)

Edited by LiveenLetLive
  • Love 5

It does seem like Darlene is getting the better edit, but Becky is essentially in line with her characterization. Becky is very short-sighted, selfish, stubborn, and impulsive. Criminy, she got married at 17 to move to Minneapolis. Once she met Mark, all sense flew out the window and she made rather poor life choices. Even when her parents handed her a check for a lot of money with the intent that she take college courses, she wanted to invest all that money into Mark instead while she worked at the Hooters expy.

Basically, all of Becky's chickens came home to roost in the past 20 years + the additional bad luck of her husband dying (which highlights her short-sightedness. You should always have a plan in case of marriage dissolution or spousal death). Darlene was academically lazy, snarky, and downright emotionally abusive at times, but she had some sense and a focus as to where she wanted to go and be in life and didn't completely sacrifice herself for David like Becky did for Mark. When David didn't get into school, but Darlene did, he tried to manipulate her into staying in Lanford, but she still went to college. Plus, David was a little more intelligent than his brother and probably was able to get some sort of decent and more secure job to provide for his family. David seems like the kind of person who would've gotten into IT. It would stand to reason that Darlene is somewhat better off than Becky.

When you really think about it, Becky became Jackie while Darlene is (and always was) Roseanne.

• Love 20

I am hoping that when we do see David,he’s grown a backbone. I’d like that ( and the subsequent irreconcilable differences)  to be the reason they are divorced rather than some outlandish one.  Someone has to be able to stand up to Roseanne and Darlene.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, UYI said:

I don't think Lanford (no extra "d'! lol) is a real town. That does make me curious what town in Illinois it's based on, though. Moline, maybe? Roseanne and Jackie's parents lived there before Bev came back to Lanford.

I DO know this: Roseanne named Lanford after Llanview, the fictional Pennsylvania town where the soap opera One Life to Live took place. The real Roseanne was a huge fan of that show (and of General Hospital, for that matter). 

Lanford is based, or inspired by, Evansville, Indiana, the hometown of show creator Matt Williams (though of course, once Roseanne forced him out, and before, she claimed she really created the show and it was all about her). The establishing shots of the house, and some other "Lanford" buildings, are from real places in Evansville.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

The political dispute between Roseanne and Jackie seemed REALLY heavy handed.  Do people really get that passionate about it in real life?

YES!   On FB, I’ve been called names, defriended and blocked, and reported to my employer—all by aunts or uncles and all for having a different political opinion (and I only ever posted on my own FB wall).  It still kind of shocks me and was/is hurtful.  

I thought the political stuff was pretty even, although it did make me wonder how Dan voted.

I loved the rest of the show and was surprised how seamless it all was.  I can’t wait to see the rest  

BTW more than a few posters has mentioned that Sara has been actively "acting" what has she appeared in?  I have only seen her on The Talk.  Thanks  Oops forgot about Leslie Winkle on the BBT.

10 hours ago, LucyEth said:

She’s also on CBS’ Living Biblically, as Cheryl, the annoying office mate. 

Edited by Tdoc72
Trying to fix wonky formatting. Sorry I couldn’t.
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:
17 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

The political dispute between Roseanne and Jackie seemed REALLY heavy handed.  Do people really get that passionate about it in real life?

YES!   On FB, I’ve been called names, defriended and blocked, and reported to my employer—all by aunts or uncles and all for having a different political opinion (and I only ever posted on my own FB wall).  It still kind of shocks me and was/is hurtful.  

I mean people are really pissed that Roseanne the character is a Trump supporter and refused to watch the reboot because of it. They also can't believe Metcalf, Goodman and Sara Gilbert would want to be associated with her.

• Love 4

Becky wasn't the selfish Conner child. If anything Darlene was the selfish one.

Becky was often surly and quick to anger but she was the responsible one. She was the one constantly pulling her own weight, and Darlene's, as the de facto head of household, when Roseanne and Dan were trying to make ends meet; in addition to being a model student.

Even when Mark & Becky elope, they don't expect Roseanne & Dan to support them financially, and when they return, Roseanne asks them to move in until they get on their feet; and when they do, relatively, get on their feet as a couple, they move out on their own once again.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

I mean people are really pissed that Roseanne the character is a Trump supporter and refused to watch the reboot because of it. They also can't believe Metcalf, Goodman and Sara Gilbert would want to be associated with her.

I guess they’re free to not watch. Some should have—I thought it was handled well and pretty even. But people need to grow up and figure out how to live in a world where people have different opinions. It’s fine to disagree but people should know how to do it in a mature way w/o devolving into the rabid meanness I’ve seen in the world in the last decade or so. I think this is such an important life lesson—I drill it into my kids’ heads frequently. (“She likes skittles. Only dummies like skittles.” “She can like a different candy than you. That doesn’t make her dumb. If everyone liked the same candy, there would only be one candy & the world would be boring. You can just say that you don’t like them.”)

*I think Skittles are awful garbage candy. But I support anyone’s right to like them. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I do hope they explain why Darlene would have named her son Mark - she never particularly cared for him. Maybe he died when she was pregnant with her son but she's not even particularly close with Becky most of the time so it's still a bit of a stretch she would name her son after him even to honor him.

As mentioned by others, Mark was not only Becky's husband, he was David's brother.  So young Mark was named after his father's brother.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:27 PM, chocolatine said:

Hated the surrogacy storyline. Is it really surrogacy when you're using your own eggs? Becky would essentially be having her own child and giving it away. Sounds highly unorthodox.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:47 PM, txhorns79 said:

It seems like a fairly unorthodox set up.  Certainly it doesn't seem as though an agency of any kind is involved given Becky is lying about her age, and I don't think they would use someone who doesn't have any children already.  

On 3/27/2018 at 11:51 PM, kit.kat343 said:

What is most likely to happen is that a young woman is selected to be an egg donor (usually in her early 20s since at that age her eggs are most likely to be chromosomal normal).   Most reputable clinics will require surrogates who carry the baby to already have children, so they are usually a little older than egg donors.  A 43 year old woman would statistically have 80% of her eggs be chromosomal abnormal, which would lead to miscarriage or babies with down's syndrome or the small percentage of babies with trisomy 13 or 18 that survive but are very sick and usually die by their first birthday.  It would be a highly unreputable egg donor service that would not screen the donor for age, since IVF is really unlikely to work statistically for a 43 year old woman.  A 43 year old woman could be a surrogate, but as an egg donor she would be a very poor choice.  The families can test the embryos and only implant the ones that are chromosomal normal, but it is unlikely that a 43 year old woman would be successful with one round of IVF (not impossible, but unlikely) and the big money only comes from being able to produce a child that's born, so the clinics have some incentive to ensure this will happen.  There's no regulation for the fertility industry, so its like the wild west.  I'm highly concerned that egg donors are being put on really high hormone levels, since some of them are producing a huge number of eggs (some have been 30-34 in a  cycle).  Producing a huge number of eggs puts them at risk of OHSS, which can lead to serious health effects for the donors.  I just went though IVF with my own eggs, and the doctors were very careful to limit the number of eggs I made to protect my health, but it scares me to think of girls in college being pumped full of drugs since the more eggs they make, the more likely a baby can be created for the intended parents (and parents often want all of their children to be genetically related so if they can make 5 or six embryos from one IVF cycle they are likely to be able to complete their family without needing to pay for donor eggs again).    

The issue with Baby M arose because (as per Wikipedia): Mary Beth Whitehead . . . [was] inseminated with William Stern's sperm (making her a traditional, as opposed to gestational, surrogate).  Traditional surrogacy is illegal in some states.  Also, a traditional surrogate can't be forced to give up her child if she changes her mind after the baby is born (although she might have to share custody with the genetic father) whereas a gestational surrogate (who has no biological relationship to the resulting child) who signs a contract would have no legal right to keep the baby. Andrea and her husband would be crazy to use his sperm to impregnate a traditional surrogate, no matter what her age.  And even a gestational surrogate should already have a child or children of her own to 1) demonstrate that she can have a successful pregnancy, and 2) to make it easier to turn over the resulting child.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 7
On 3/27/2018 at 9:33 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

They are ignoring the last season completely other then Harris so Jackie still should have Andy which bugs me that he didn’t get a mention at all 

Not picking on you personally at all, just using your post as a jumping-off point. I'm surprised that entertainment publications continue to say the last season was the only "fictional" one. No, if you go by Roseanne Conner's reveal in the series finale, the entire series was "fictional." Jackie gay, Darlene and Becky with each other's SOs...so if all that were the case, many more seasons than the final one were "made up" by Roseanne Conner.

As a fan of the early seasons, I actually dismiss the series finale revelation. Glad the reboot does, too LOL

• Love 3

That's correct, the series finale reveal explains that the series as a whole -- at least since the end of season two, when the family presents Roseanne with the writing room for her birthday -- was an altered version of reality as written in her book, while the events of the final season largely didn't happen at all. There was no lottery, Roseanne and Jackie didn't go gallivanting with rich socialites, Dan didn't have an affair -- Dan wasn't there at all, he died the year before. Thankfully this revival tosses that reveal out the window, implying that that twist in itself was part of the book and therefore everything we saw over the years (minus Dan's death and the storylines of season nine) actually did happen the way it did.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 4

I really liked the way they handled the kid wanting to wear the skirt.  Because they were being supportive, yet pragmatic.  It's true.  If you have a lifestyle choice that is a little unusual, you need to be prepared for the fact that people will mistreat you because of it.  You may not like it and it may not be fair, but it's still gonna happen.

• Love 16

I had to chuckle when Becky was packing away the "fat" pictures.  I know Roseanne lost a lot of weight after the show ended but, to me, she looks to be the same size as she was in season nine.

• Love 5

Too much clumsy expositional writing in the first episode, but the second was a bit better for me. Mainly because Jackie was more than just a Liberal Punching Bag.

I always liked the scenes in which Roseanne would make savage sport of any "privileged class" people who entered her house, so I liked the scene when Andrea came calling in the second episode.

Emphatically did not love all the canned "oohs" and "aahs" and "laughing" from the "live studio audience." Yes, the show is taped with Iive human beings sitting in chairs watching it. That doesn't mean that the sounds we're hearing are all coming from them in actual spontaneous response. I thought that shit went away a long time ago. But maybe I just haven't watched any shows that do it in the last twenty years.

Even as a dumb guy, I was able to see the difference in Roseanne's makeup and hair from the first episode to the second. Wonder what that's about. Was there a significant gap between the taping of the pilot and the second episode? Did the first stylists get canned?

• Love 5

I always liked the scenes in which Roseanne would make savage sport of any "privileged class" people who entered her house, so I liked the scene when Andrea came calling in the second episode.

It's funny I just made a comment in the Backy thread that even though the stupid surrogacy storyline is just there to include Sarah Chalke, it is so unbelievable that it is in line with "upper-middle-class people are clueless jerks". I also brought up the time that Chip's parents came to dinner and were really nice, but Roseanne and Dan spent the whole night making fun of them and they were shocked that Becky was disrespectful enough to ditch the dinner to talk to a "bad boy".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Milburn Stone said:

Even as a dumb guy, I was able to see the difference in Roseanne's makeup and hair from the first episode to the second. Wonder what that's about. Was there a significant gap between the taping of the pilot and the second episode? Did the first stylists get canned?

Pilots can be filmed a few months to a year before the second episode, I'm sure a lot of behind the scenes crew change in that gap. A pilot is usually filmed quickly to show the Network. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Pilots can be filmed a few months to a year before the second episode, I'm sure a lot of behind the scenes crew change in that gap. A pilot is usually filmed quickly to show the Network. 

This is very true. Heck, I went back to watch first season (thanks to whoever-blanking on the name-said it's available on Amazon Prime) and Roseanne's hair is longer and with smaller/tighter curls in the pilot/first episode, and shorter and fluffier in the second. Also, I think there was a different actor who played DJ in the pilot.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Automne said:

It does seem like Darlene is getting the better edit, but Becky is essentially in line with her characterization. Becky is very short-sighted, selfish, stubborn, and impulsive. Criminy, she got married at 17 to move to Minneapolis. Once she met Mark, all sense flew out the window and she made rather poor life choices. Even when her parents handed her a check for a lot of money with the intent that she take college courses, she wanted to invest all that money into Mark instead while she worked at the Hooters expy.

Basically, all of Becky's chickens came home to roost in the past 20 years + the additional bad luck of her husband dying (which highlights her short-sightedness. You should always have a plan in case of marriage dissolution or spousal death). Darlene was academically lazy, snarky, and downright emotionally abusive at times, but she had some sense and a focus as to where she wanted to go and be in life and didn't completely sacrifice herself for David like Becky did for Mark. When David didn't get into school, but Darlene did, he tried to manipulate her into staying in Lanford, but she still went to college. Plus, David was a little more intelligent than his brother and probably was able to get some sort of decent and more secure job to provide for his family. David seems like the kind of person who would've gotten into IT. It would stand to reason that Darlene is somewhat better off than Becky.

When you really think about it, Becky became Jackie while Darlene is (and always was) Roseanne.

Becky while seaming in character, apparently was: "I can't waste my life in Landford and if you leave Mark, I'm going with you." When she didn't for one second go: "You know, I can take out student loans, I can go to community or Mark could have said: "Let's not be my parents and leap before we look." But not Becky, as much as it was previous established since season 2 how quickly she can just go emotional and not think first. Once they did that and leading to Sarah Chalk's portrayal of the character. It has been pretty much shown that Becky is now paying for things. As they say: "Mom and Dad were right!" 

As for David, he pretty much realized he needed to move on, and yes he was always smarter than Mark, but unlike Mark he didn't try to get away from his mother when his father took their younger siblings and took off (though that still bothers me to this day). David was a very gifted artist and good with computers, I could see him going into graphic design or IT as you mentioned. 

• Love 3

I know they erased a lot of the stuff that happened in the later seasons.  Does that mean they've also handwaved the Becky works at Hooters and Becky wants to be Dougie Howser episodes as well?  Which Becky are we supposed to have "really" seen last if you know what I mean?  Becky with Mark, yes, but the Becky with Mark who wanted a better life or the Becky with Mark who thinks living in a trailer park and working at Hooters is aces?

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Actors can change in-between filming the pilot and second episodes as well. For scheduling issues or the Network/studio/producers or test audience didn't like the actor. 

Taking response to revival thread

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is very true. Heck, I went back to watch first season (thanks to whoever-blanking on the name-said it's available on Amazon Prime) and Roseanne's hair is longer and with smaller/tighter curls in the pilot/first episode, and shorter and fluffier in the second. Also, I think there was a different actor who played DJ in the pilot.

There was, his name was Sal Barone. He was replaced with Michael Fishman after the pilot because, for some reason, he and Sara Gilbert didn't get along. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

Lanford is based, or inspired by, Evansville, Indiana, the hometown of show creator Matt Williams (though of course, once Roseanne forced him out, and before, she claimed she really created the show and it was all about her). The establishing shots of the house, and some other "Lanford" buildings, are from real places in Evansville.

that may be true at the beginning but in the show, fictional Lanford is about 75 miles west of Chicago.  Just the other day in reruns, when Fischer beat Jackie, Roseanne wanted to take Jackie to the hospital.  Jackie said no, everyone will know my business.  Ro said, OK then let's go to Elgin.  You won't go to Elgin from IN.  That's just one reference that pops in my head, there have been several as to their actual fictional location.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

that may be true at the beginning but in the show, fictional Lanford is about 75 miles west of Chicago.  Just the other day in reruns, when Fischer beat Jackie, Roseanne wanted to take Jackie to the hospital.  Jackie said no, everyone will know my business.  Ro said, OK then let's go to Elgin.  You won't go to Elgin from IN.  That's just one reference that pops in my head, there have been several as to their actual fictional location.  

And didn't the tornado episode from season 1 list their county as Fulton County? This is the real Fulton County, IL, for what its worth, but I think Lanford was supposed to be MUCH closer to Chicago later on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_County,_Illinois

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, UYI said:

And didn't the tornado episode from season 1 list their county as Fulton County? This is the real Fulton County, IL, for what its worth, but I think Lanford was supposed to be MUCH closer to Chicago later on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_County,_Illinois

Wow...good catch, Fulton County is WAY out there.  I live in Chicago, and I just know the 6 collar counties (typical Chicagoan response too LOL).  Had to look up Fulton.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Yeah but his wife is also in the army and still deployed. His family has an income and he's currently a single parent. He gets a pass. And if he's getting out of the military in his 30's he likely spent quite a bit of time in there. 

It is conceivable that DJ did 20 years in the military, meaning he's honorably retired with benefits. He could also be getting disability, if he has any physical/mental problems. I'm actually the most curious about how DJ's life has been going. The military is an interesting angle for him. I know Michael isn't the strongest actor by far, but their are a lot of different things they can do with him being a veteran and SAHD.

• Love 6

I noticed something after my re-watch of episode 2 that is bugging the freaking crap out of me.

When Darlene goes upstairs to talk to Mark about bringing the pocket knife to school, she enters the bedroom (if looking towards the hallway from the bedroom) from the right. Never, that I can remember, in all the first 9 seasons, did they enter from the right. They always entered from the left. (Again, if you're looking towards the hallway from the bedroom.) Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Also, in the opening credits, DJ and Mary come in from what looks like the basement. Or, well, what I always assumed to be the entrance to the basement based on the birthday episode where they re-do the basement for Roseanne's writing room, and from the episode where DJ sneaks the dog in. I don't remember another entrance to the Conner household except for the front door and the door out back in the covered porch.

Don't know why, but those 2 things are bugging the crap out of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k4agwNkDkQ

In case any one wants to check out the opening credits.

Edited by AM1418
  • Love 1

What if.... Andrea is turns out to be the [previously non-existent] child Dan and Roseanne gave up for adoption before Darlene was born? It could be discovered during all the surrogacy testing.

Just a random thought that floated through my head.

I can't wait until next week.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

If I remember correctly, there was an episode where Roseanne worked in the beauty shop and mentioned someone coming to visit and flying into Moline. Moline is over 2 hours west of Chicago and is not near Elgin, Rockford, or any other IL town mentioned. And it's nowhere near Indiana.

1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Wow...good catch, Fulton County is WAY out there.  I live in Chicago, and I just know the 6 collar counties (typical Chicagoan response too LOL).  Had to look up Fulton.  

Fulton County is Central IL, near Peoria. 

Basically, Lanford is all over IL.

• Love 3

Loved the show and glad they brought it back.

What about Fred, Jackie's ex? Are they going to address that or pretend he didn't exist?  I wonder if they'll have any appearances from former cast members; Crystal, Nancy, Arnie, Leon, Bev , Chuck & Ann Marie.

Why are some people's posts outlined in red? Anybody else notice that?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

What if.... Andrea is turns out to be the [previously non-existent] child Dan and Roseanne gave up for adoption before Darlene was born? It could be discovered during all the surrogacy testing.

Just a random thought that floated through my head.

I can't wait until next week.

That sounds interesting, but with Jackie. Considering how conservative Bev was, I could see her forcing an unwed daughter to give away a child if she wasn’t going to get married. Look how she reacted when Jackie was pregnant with Andy. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Yes, Lanford is in Illinois, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still based on a town in Indiana. They just moved their fictional version one state over, so, yeah, it would make sense that they'd make references to Illinois instead of Indiana.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Loved the show and glad they brought it back.

What about Fred, Jackie's ex? Are they going to address that or pretend he didn't exist?  I wonder if they'll have any appearances from former cast members; Crystal, Nancy, Arnie, Leon, Bev , Chuck & Ann Marie.

Why are some people's posts outlined in red? Anybody else notice that?

Crystal, Nancy, Bev, Chuck and Ann Marie will all make an appearance. Arnie will show up when hell freezes over. I'd love it if Leon would appear but I haven't heard anything about Martin Mull participating, or Michael O'Keefe (Fred). Not sure if they intend to acknowledge that Jackie was married before -- they kind of ignored Fred's existence by the end of the original show anyway. But like I said earlier, I will be annoyed if they directly act like Andy never happened.

• Love 2

After a re-watch, something jarring occurred to me. Mark, Jr.?

Looks NOTHING like David, while Harris looks like both of them, down to the curly hair and attitude. Oh, Mark has David's artistic sensitivity, but he looks absolutely nothing LIKE him. On any level. At all. 

Now, it could just be another "really, your oldest kid is BLONDE?" Thing, but what if?

What if the reason for the Divorce was Darlene's (unable to be hidden because...damn...) indiscretion?

Just thinking out loud....even on re-watch I was captivated and sad when it was over.

SO GOOD!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

After a re-watch, something jarring occurred to me. Mark, Jr.?

Looks NOTHING like David, while Harris looks like both of them, down to the curly hair and attitude. Oh, Mark has David's artistic sensitivity, but he looks absolutely nothing LIKE him. On any level. At all. 

Now, it could just be another "really, your oldest kid is BLONDE?" Thing, but what if?

What if the reason for the Divorce was Darlene's (unable to be hidden because...damn...) indiscretion?

Just thinking out loud....even on re-watch I was captivated and sad when it was over.

SO GOOD!

Well, Becky and Darlene didn't look anything close to Roseanne and Dan. Though DJ did sort of  look like he could be Roseanne's child.  A lot of kids don't look like their parents. I have freinds, who actually take after/look like their grandparents. Frankly, I don't pay attention to stuff like that.{Shrugs}

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8