Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Nothing Here For Me

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm having difficulty liking posts tonight.  You make great points.  And then you mention manscaping and flat irons.  So bear in mind, my hearts do not have anything to do with him.

Yeah, but this here made me laugh for whatever reason:

3 hours ago, rho said:

"If Scheana did a crossword puzzle, every answer would be Rob." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I have no idea where Stassi’s claim that vacation-mode Kristen is “an emotional terrorist who denies her of her basic human rights” is coming from. But it was pretty damn funny.

And speaking of emotional terrorism...

Jax clearly has little to no love or respect for Brittany and it’s painful to watch this play out. Especially when she goes out of her way to try to make him happy, like planning a party and a trip ... buying him elaborate gifts. He was being such a massive douche in that initial conversation about his “amazing job opportunity” that I wanted to smack him.  But at the same time I want to smack HER and tell her to “snap out of it” (Moonstruck style) and STOP enabling his gross, narcissistic behavior.

I’ve got my own issues with Lala but I admit I was loving her smackdown of her at the dinner table when he tried to pull his “don’t talk to me that way” BS. 

Also lol-ed when they showed that flashback of Jax in his wanna-be Wolverine stage.  Gross. 

I still hate Sandoval for supporting Jeremy’s creepy, stalker-ish ass, but I’ll never not be amused by his primping. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Wicked said:

Let's be real. Jax will never leave the Pump Rules cameras for a hockey job in Florida 

The elephant in the room. 

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Every time Scheana talks to Rob about marriage, he looks more and more like the guy from 127 Hours just trying to find a way to amputate a limb and extricate himself from being trapped between a figurative rock and a hard place.

I love you for this. I think I just laughed my spleen right out of my body. 

6 hours ago, Marley said:

Scheana and Rob’s divorce closet thing is the stupidest idea ever. There’s already so many places where you can sell stuff online. Also it seems like it’s just setting up future lawsuits or something.

Every time they bring it up, I'm like - "Ebay. EBAY!!! Ebaaaay."

5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Watching again and the Kelsey part just pisses me off, again. The way she dangles off him and indulges his funhouse mirror sense of self makes me twitchy.

And he bought her croissants. CROISSANTS. When did he buy Brittany ANYTHING? 

And he was dusting the house for her! Like, the high up corners that no one sees anyway. He is so gross. I like Brittany, but damn....she's co-dependent. 

3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I have no idea where Stassi’s claim that vacation-mode Kristen is “an emotional terrorist who denies her of her basic human rights” is coming from. But it was pretty damn funny.

I think she was sort of saying that Kristen gets too wild on vacation and doesn't let Stassi sleep when she wants to. Like she's one of those peer-pressure partiers - who makes you drink with them, stay up with them, etc. It looks like they're going to get more into it next week, so we shall see. 

• Love 14

I think Sandoval might have passed the point of no return for me last week. Even his forehead shaving didn't make me smile. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me now. At least Ariana tried to get him to shut up at the end.

• Love 20
12 hours ago, rho said:

The return of Classic Tom! Flat ironing and forehead shaving all in the same episode. Whata throwback!

And explaining which hair products to use in humid Mexico vs. non humid Cali. Love it!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Is "hockey opportunity in Tampa" the new "unpaid internship" or "medical procedure down in Mexico"?

Hospitalized for exhaustion, maybe? 

Notice they never named the team.  I bet it's not the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightening.  Well, the offer probably is totally fiction as others here have pointed out. 

Jax's therapy is hilarious.  Instead of asking him why he's on the Mt. Rushmore of F@$% boys, she tells him he has to take more time for himself?  Hello?  Do you know this guy? 

I hope Brittany is just showing up for a check but I don't think so.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Adira said:

Ugh, I know a lot of you have no patience or sympathy left for Brittany and all the shit she puts up with Jax, but I feel sorry for the girl.  Jax is clearly abusive and manipulative.  They've been together for years now and he probably didn't start out as bad as he did now.  He's slowly been destroying her self esteem, her self confidence, and ensuring she feels indebted to him and that she can't leave.  Abused women often really struggle to leave their abuser, and I have to assume it's just as difficult when it's just emotional abuse and not physical abuse.  She is being abused by Jax.  I hope some day she finds the strength to leave him.

I definitely feel for her because I genuinely do think she's a sweet girl and I think Jax is preying on her kindness and ability to give people the benefit of the doubt. She believes in him even though he hasn't shown any real commitment to anything. She stays patient with him even though he always thinks he's right and talks down to her. She stays in love with him even though he has cheated on her in every way possible. Unless she does exactly as Jax says, she'll never do anything right in his eyes and he knows he can get away with it and sadly, she still believes that things can be different. There are obviously things that she enjoys out of the relationship but like many people, Brittany is holding on to the little that's right and willfully ignoring all that is wrong in hopes that it'll right itself. Her speaking up to Jax means nothing if his behaviour has no consequences because by now he knows that all that's going to happen is that she's going to get mad at him, maybe yell at him and then they'll sort it out because she's too invested to walk away. A part of me genuinely believes that Jax is not an intentionally malicious person. I don't think he enters into a relationship already thinking of all the ways he's going to fuck someone over. I just think that Jax is selfish but also a lost, fucked up soul and until he figures his shit out, he's going to ruin every woman that he's with. Just my opinion, but I think that Jax needs to do a lot of introspective work on himself and I'm not sure he'll ever be successful at it if he's in a relationship while doing it. For once, he should try to focus on self-improvement outside of a relationship, especially important because when/if he falters, he needs to have no one but himself to look to and hold accountable for it. Right now, his relationships are his default punching bags. When he messes up, it's somehow always another person's fault.

• Love 10

Jax has always treated Brittany like garbage and he always will. In season 4, we saw him try to get with Lala, lie about dating Brittany, and complain about her moving to LA for him; in season 5, we saw him say she's lazy and act like she never works; in their spin-off, we saw him insult her family and friends and complain about her weight; and this season, we've seen him cheat on her and blame her for it every time she tries to talk to him about it, not to mention all of the gross stuff this episode that's already been discussed. He's awful and she needs to dump the motherfucker already. The power imbalance of him being her way onto TV is gone now; she can do it on her own and she should. Or she should seriously go to school and get a degree in special education if that's her dream job. She would probably be a lot happier. 

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Right. Selling your ex’s belongings at Divorce Closet is all the proof the judge needs that the defendant KNEW the item wasn’t theirs to sell. You’d get your ass handed to you by Judge Judy! Also notice how Super Rob—did you know he can hang a TV in 7 minutes?—made a big point about using Scheana as the face of the company but he has most of the equity. Stupid Scheana was beaming while he’s telling her this. Psst, Scheana, Rob has no intention of being your next victim—er, husband—or he’d be all shmoopy 50/50 over the “family business.”

Oh my god, yes, it's such a stupid idea! The more I see of Rob, the more I think he's just as dumb as all the rest of these people. The fact that he would even date Scheana in the first place should have been my first clue. 

• Love 23

Did anyone notice that Kelsey is wearing wedding rings? Of course Jax...opps I mean Jason...wants what he can’t have. 

Lisa is in desperate need of a riding lesson. One of the first things that they teach you is to keep you heels down. Aqua tack...tacky. She should have chosen pink! 

Stassi’s musical choices cracked me up. “Show tunes, Reggae and the soundtrack from GOT’s”

Ariana, how many bikinis should one pack when going to Mexico? Also take the tags off of them before packing as they’re more likely to be stolen from your suitcase. 

Watching Brittany get abused by Jax is no longer entertaining. 

Tom was funny (and selfish) about Jax moving “What, you’re no longer going to be my neighbor?” 

Loved the outfit Tom had on in his talking heads. The black and white checkered slacks and polka dot bow tie. 

As they say...I need to see the receipts about this job in Tampa. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Did anyone notice that Kelsey is wearing wedding rings? Of course Jax...opps I mean Jason...wants what he can’t have. 

NO!!!!!!  He's so slimy.  So is she!

25 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Tom was funny (and selfish) about Jax moving “What, you’re no longer going to be my neighbor?” 

HA HA HA  It was so funny.  So juvenile.  

53 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

Notice they never named the team.  I bet it's not the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightening.  Well, the offer probably is totally fiction as others here have pointed out. 

I think it was more likely for an ice skating rink in a suburb of Tampa and the hockey team was 6 year olds. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

And explaining which hair products to use in humid Mexico vs. non humid Cali. Love it!

Oh my gosh.  I couldn't stop laughing.  What a nerd!

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Every time they bring it up, I'm like - "Ebay. EBAY!!! Ebaaaay."

Ebaaaaayyyy!!!! Yes. 100% Yes. 

8 hours ago, ivygirl said:

And he bought her croissants. CROISSANTS. When did he buy Brittany ANYTHING? 

Uh, her boobs. That's what he throws in her face constantly, remember?  He's the emotional terrorist! 

• Love 8

I think I feel for Brittany because Jax is a gaslighter. 

And yeah I think it’s interesting to have Stassi around because.. I think Stassi was gaslighted during her relationship with Jax too. I’m sure the other girlfriends we saw on the show were as well but I think the difference is they didn’t have a tie back to the group and therefore could get out. With Stassi and Brittany, I think the problem is(was in Stassis case)  that they still have friends in the group. Up until Stassi her Patrick, she was still being pulled in by Jax in season 2, the first half of that season was Jax trying to get her back and Stassi considering it time and time again. 

• Love 10

I live in the Tampa Bay area. Our douchebag quota is full - please stay away, Jax. Unless you want to move into the Ft. Harrison Hotel in Clearwater. Go ahead - take the personality test...

Stassi was on fire this episode. The scenes in the hotel room with Kristin cracked me up.

LVP on the horse was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time. At first glance, I thought she was riding side saddle, and now I kinda wish that was actually true. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Is Jax on the spectrum or does he have drug induced brain damage ? He just does not look all there. It is obvious he is done with Brittany but isn’t man enough to end it. Even in their little private pool in the villa when Britt was topless he just wasn’t into her. * Brittany looks great too. 

Hopefully Brittany is not as gullible as she seems. Maybe she is biding her time and saving up some money and eventually can go back to Kentucky and go back to school for teaching. 

Loved having clever snarky Stassi back. She looked great on WWHL- her new relationship must be going well. Wonder how that will affect her arc on the show? 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I missed a few seasons in the middle so I just assumed I didn't see Kristen's vacation induced emotional terrorism but it's good to know I'm not alone. The flashback clips they showed were just regular crazy Kristen crying over Sandoval.

23 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And yeah I think it’s interesting to have Stassi around because.. I think Stassi was gaslighted during her relationship with Jax too. I’m sure the other girlfriends we saw on the show were as well but I think the difference is they didn’t have a tie back to the group and therefore could get out. With Stassi and Brittany, I think the problem is(was in Stassis case)  that they still have friends in the group. Up until Stassi her Patrick, she was still being pulled in by Jax in season 2, the first half of that season was Jax trying to get her back and Stassi considering it time and time again. 

Having Stassi around is exactly why Brittany should leave. For one, Stassi left 30yo model Jax, Brittany's stuck with pushing 40/midlife crisis washed up Jax. And ultimately he's not grown AT ALL! In fact, I think he's gotten stupider since being on the show. It seems like Brittany is convinced she's the girls who's finally going to change Jax but she needs to snap out of that fast.

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Loved having clever snarky Stassi back. She looked great on WWHL- her new relationship must be going well. Wonder how that will affect her arc on the show? 

She did say the rest of the friends love him so it wouldn't surprise me if he's a regular next season.  I agree she did look great. I like the shorter, darker blonde hair on her. Wasn't a fan of the platinum extensions.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Is Jax on the spectrum or does he have drug induced brain damage ? He just does not look all there. It is obvious he is done with Brittany but isn’t man enough to end it. Even in their little private pool in the villa when Britt was topless he just wasn’t into her. * Brittany looks great too. 

Hopefully Brittany is not as gullible as she seems. Maybe she is biding her time and saving up some money and eventually can go back to Kentucky and go back to school for teaching. 

At the risk of being an armchair psychiatrist, I'd say it's more like a personality disorder.  Maybe borderline or narcissistic?  Grant you, I'm basing this on Psych 102 from nearly 20 years ago! I'd love for somebody with an actual degree (or at least firsthand experience dealing with somebody like him) to weigh in! 

On a different topic, did anybody catch the name of the resort they stayed at? It did look very nice! 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Also when Jax says, ‘I gotta grow up sometime,’ doesn’t Schwartz say something  like, ‘No! Don’t even say that’?

• Love 10

If Brittney is wearing the same dress she wore on WWHL she is seriously channeling Tonya Harding.  She needs to take a stick to the knee of Jax but she won't.

Either she is positively pathetic about Jax or she's his barnacle for camera time.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

The flat iron made appearance!  He only goes digital you know. 

As opposed to analog?

14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

This “job offer” seems a bit suspect, and I assume this “career in hockey” is working with a Tampa ice-skating rink or some local children’s hockey league. I don’t think I’d put someone who doesn’t know the meanings of commonly used words in charge of social media—

Yeah his buddy probably called him to see if he could be the ice rink's "social media" person - meaning, they need someone with followers to market the rink.  I don't think this is a real job, and it is not like it is with the NHL's Tampa team (is there an NHL Tampa team??).  

13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Not that I believe the job exists but Jax could never leave the Tom's.

I honestly don't even think he LIKES the Toms.  He seems to loathe them, and he thinks he is better than them.  He is definitely jealous that they are opening a bar with Lisa.  That's why he is bringing up this "heading up marketing" job to them.  

Tom Sandoval's faraway look to the side when Jax gave them the "news" of his new job was some REALLY bad macting.

• Love 10

Usually I watch this in shame because I'm tired of my family making fun of me for my addition to shows like this.  But my husband watched last night and kept asking me, "what's wrong with him?" in regards to Jax.  I said he's just an asshole, and my husband is convinced something is wrong with him mentally.  I was like, well he's a narcissist, that's what's wrong with him and his girlfriend needs to leave him STAT.

He also thought Katie was the hottest of all of them.  I always thought Brittany was the prettiest.  It's always fun to get the perspective of someone who's never watched the show.  He was asking about their jobs and I was like, this show IS their job.  He couldn't believe these people are on TV acting like this just because they're on a show.  He said, "they're on this show because they work at a restaurant?  Why?  Who cares"  Then he was like, why is that lady bossing them around and sticking her nose in everything.   Oh honey, you ask too many questions.  Just watch the trainwreck and enjoy!!

What was up with Stacci's comments regarding Kirsten?  I thought they were friends?  That part confused me because they seem to be getting along.  

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 15

Stassi's talking heads were pretty funny last night. Brittney needs to grow a set of balls and leave Jax, unless she is afraid he will repossess her fun bags. Sandoval & Ariana are coming across as the "know it alls' and for that I want to punch them. Scheana, delusional Scheana...you will never be that glorious Hollywood wife you have dreamed of since you got your first botox shot & veneers, I think Rob would rather chew off his own arm than to spend the rest of his life with you. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I'm not proud, but I know this b/c I listen to Stassi's podcast.  Kristen wants everyone to stay up until five AM doing shots & Stassi can't hang for that long. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This is true. He really fucks with her head, to the point that SHE is trying to make things better. You can see her trying to stand up for herself, but then he twists it all around. He's a crafty manipulator. Brittany just isn't as shrewd as Stassi. I don't know if she'll ever wake up. 

8 minutes ago, teapot said:

I'm not proud, but I know this b/c I listen to Stassi's podcast.  Kristen wants everyone to stay up until five AM doing shots & Stassi can't hang for that long. 

Thanks! I speculate that was it upthread. Sounds about right. Kristen is the kind of friend you can only hang with for so long. Then it gets exhausting. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, teapot said:

AHH that explains it - thank you!  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Steph J said:

I almost feel like this is a trick. Like, Jax is going to get Brittany to go to Florida with him then break up with her/abandon her there so that he can come back to LA without her, having extricated her from his friend group and work situation so that things can go back to "normal" for him and he can take up with his reiki therapist in peace.

But that's probably too complex a plot for Jax.

Remember - Stassi pointed out that Jax NEVER breaks up with the lady - they always break up with him.  He'll drive Brittany to leave him.  And really - I think he knows as much about Hockey as he does about Drumming.

• Love 16

I may have not been close enough attention to the conversation but what I gathered was the thing putting the long suffering Britney over the edge was Jax not remembering her life's dream was to work with special needs children?  It somehow seems so small compared to all of his other transgressions.

If Jax's alleged job offer is doing social media for a team, could he do it from just about anywhere?  It seems to me this show films in the late spring and summer and is over by hockey season - Jax or is it Jason now-could do both.  

I agree with Sandoval-Stassi needs to stop with the running commentary on her ex-Jax.  It gives a creepy stalker vibe she is so vested in Jax.  Same with Kristen but I think she kind of thrives on being a creepy stalker .  I have no idea what Kristen was doing with all the jumping on the bed and spreading her legs and disconnected conversation I just wondered if the hotel had a complimentary Adderall/Ritalin buffet. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

At the risk of being an armchair psychiatrist, I'd say it's more like a personality disorder.  Maybe borderline or narcissistic?  Grant you, I'm basing this on Psych 102 from nearly 20 years ago! I'd love for somebody with an actual degree (or at least firsthand experience dealing with somebody like him) to weigh in! 

On a different topic, did anybody catch the name of the resort they stayed at? It did look very nice! 

I would diagnose him as a pathological liar ( I am not a practitioner, but was in a relationship with one).

Andaz is the resort - affiliated with Hyatt.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

He's a psychopath. Someone who has no/very limited empathy and no emotional attachment to right or wrong. Psychopathy is not a diagnosis (it's not in the DSM-V) but I think he also qualifies for antisocial personality disorder. While they're not the same thing (one can have antisocial personality disorder and not be a psychopath, and a psychopath doesn't necessarily meet the criteria for antisocial personality disorder) there is a huge overlap there and I believe Jax is both. My brother in law is a psychopath and Jax is basically a less intelligent version of him. They lie a lot and can also be extremely charming when they want to be, but they're dangerous because they lack empathy. I go back and forth with Brittany. Sometimes I think she stays with him because she is a famewhore and doesn't think she can remain on the show without him, and other times I believe she's really in love with him and is too emotionally invested to get out of the relationship.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Stassi’s musical choices cracked me up. “Show tunes, Reggae and the soundtrack from GOT’s”

She actually said reggaeton, which I found totally bemusing because -- A. Does Stassi even know Spanish? and B. How'd she become exposed to that genre of music? Perhaps she had "Despacito" on replay like everybody and their mama last summer and now considers herself a reggaeton aficionado.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Neeners said:

I think Sandoval might have passed the point of no return for me last week. Even his forehead shaving didn't make me smile. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me now. At least Ariana tried to get him to shut up at the end.

Same. I found myself totally bummed this week when I realized I wasn't even laughing at his flat iron jokes. When he reacted the way he did to Stassi and co I realized he simply doesn't like women to speak up if it means coming down on his bro. Personally, I think Stassi probably has some opinions on the way Jax treats women given that she's been there and all. Frankly, any of the women at the table had a right to speak up on behalf of the way he treats their friend. Not in Tom's opinion though - they should shut their pieholes and shut them quickly. It's ugly and I won't be able to shake it. Nice knowing you, FI Tom. 

• Love 20

I love how coming up with an idea for an "e-commerce site" and having a couple pieces of paper with logos of a sort constitutes a "work ethic" in VPR land, or at least in Scheana World.  I also enjoyed Rob's vague non-answer as to whether he had trademarked the name.  

• Love 11

I am merely a dimestore psychologist, but not every asshole is a psychopath or even a sociopath.  I used to work with people on death row (not in their crimes, you understand, but after they had been sentenced).  Jax is garden variety asshole.  You find these dicks everywhere and I don't fear them murdering me in cold blood or torturing my pets.  YMMV.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, rho said:

I missed a few seasons in the middle so I just assumed I didn't see Kristen's vacation induced emotional terrorism but it's good to know I'm not alone. The flashback clips they showed were just regular crazy Kristen crying over Sandoval.

Having Stassi around is exactly why Brittany should leave. For one, Stassi left 30yo model Jax, Brittany's stuck with pushing 40/midlife crisis washed up Jax. And ultimately he's not grown AT ALL! In fact, I think he's gotten stupider since being on the show. It seems like Brittany is convinced she's the girls who's finally going to change Jax but she needs to snap out of that fast.

Apparently last year after they finished filming Season 5,  Stassi, Kristen, Rachel and Katie decided to take a European vacation (excluding Arianna, Lala and Scheana) and after a couple of days in Copenhagen Kristen went nuts and went off on the others so they left her in Copenhagen and moved on to Paris.  According to Kristen the pack pretty much ignored her until filming began for Season 6.  

I wish Brittany would discover college and get out of bed and attend classes so she could experience life outside of Jax's shadow and Kentucky.  I read up on Brittany and per Brittany she wanted to be a nurse, was a cheerleader and a pageant girl.  Worse case scenario-Jax could finish his degree.  

• Love 7

If Brittany's life long dream is to work with special needs children why is she waiting tables at SUR? Does she not know that her DREAM requires...oh, I dunno...an education at, like, a real tertiary learning institution, as well as...oh, I dunno...actual credentials. Like, passing exams and getting licensed to work with said children? Why the fuck is she wasting her life as a waitress if that is her dream job. She's as full of shit as Jax is, only difference is she presents as the simpering, long suffering gf. She's as stupid and ignorant as he is. Perfect match really. He wants her gone and she'll never leave him until he breaks up with her. It's everyone's perfect nightmare and it couldn't happen to a nicer couple IMO. What I find most offensive is that these assholes all make a lot of decent money just being their assholish selves engaging in assholery to other assholish assholes. While the rest of us chumps have to have actual jobs and stuff.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 20
20 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Apparently last year after they finished filming Season 5,  Stassi, Kristen, Rachel and Katie decided to take a European vacation (excluding Arianna, Lala and Scheana) and after a couple of days in Copenhagen Kristen went nuts and went off on the others so they left her in Copenhagen and moved on to Paris.  According to Kristen the pack pretty much ignored her until filming began for Season 6.  

Wow. I cannot imagine any of my friends behaving so badly on a trip that I would just leave them behind in a foreign country. Kristen must have lost it (and it's not like she started out as a paragon of good behavior).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

If Brittany's life long dream is to work with special needs children why is she waiting tables at SUR? Does she not know that her DREAM requires...oh, I dunno...an education at, like, a real tertiary learning institution, as well as...oh, I dunno...actual credentials. Like, passing exams and getting licensed to work with said children? Why the fuck is she wasting her life as a waitress if that is her dream job. She's as full of shit as Jax is, only difference is she presents as the simpering, long suffering gf. She's as stupid and ignorant as he is. Perfect match really. He wants her gone and she'll never leave him until he breaks up with her. It's everyone's perfect nightmare and it couldn't happen to a nicer couple IMO. 

I was completely befuddled by Brittany saying that her dream was to work with children.  I've never seen her volunteer with children, only with dogs.  She went to college, but not for education.  It's confusing to me.  She's a waitress and could easily be getting credentials or certifications at the same time.  She just doesn't want to do it.  That really bugged me. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, sadiebyuca said:

She's a waitress and could easily be getting credentials or certifications at the same time.  She just doesn't want to do it.  That really bugged me. 

She’s probably afraid to leave him alone, not knowing what ‘trouble’ he might get into when alone and lonely...rolls eyes. Plus, he would be done with her in a hot minute if she went back to school...because it wouldn’t be all about him anymore. He is such a dickhead...literally. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Same. I found myself totally bummed this week when I realized I wasn't even laughing at his flat iron jokes. When he reacted the way he did to Stassi and co I realized he simply doesn't like women to speak up if it means coming down on his bro. Personally, I think Stassi probably has some opinions on the way Jax treats women given that she's been there and all. Frankly, any of the women at the table had a right to speak up on behalf of the way he treats their friend. Not in Tom's opinion though - they should shut their pieholes and shut them quickly. It's ugly and I won't be able to shake it. Nice knowing you, FI Tom. 

And this is a surprise?  Jax screwed his woman while he was in the next room!  And Jax is his ACE!  At what point did FI put any woman ahead of any man?

• Love 9

Agree that Divorce Closet seems like a preamble to plenty of Judge Judy and Peoples Court type disputes.   LOL at Rob apparently not giving Scheana any equity in this craptastic business.   Yes Scheana I'm sure you two will be on easy street due to this venture.    Im going to feel Robbed if we don't get to see their breakup on the show.  PS -Team Mike Schay, pills, mad beatz, n all.   

I love Sandoval in many ways but when he gets like he's been the last few episodes I get why he's with the odious Ariana.  

Hope they show more Peter and James roommate hijinks!

i had totally forgotten about the Jax/Lala stuff!   

Jax "hockey is my life" and Brit "helping children is my passion" just seem to have the fakest storylines this season.  One thing is for sure --they RICHLY deserve each other and this season (plus that freakin Kentucky spinoff) burned off any last bit of sympathy I have for her.    Also that Hot Barback guy, surprised he was a model and had gorgeous photos because he looks kind of dorky on the show.   

Next week Stassi vs Kristen seems a callback to the earlier seasons! 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, AuntDahlia said:

I am merely a dimestore psychologist, but not every asshole is a psychopath or even a sociopath.  I used to work with people on death row (not in their crimes, you understand, but after they had been sentenced).  Jax is garden variety asshole.  You find these dicks everywhere and I don't fear them murdering me in cold blood or torturing my pets.  YMMV.

Not all psychopaths are serial killers or murderers. Serial killers are probably all psychopaths though. I wasn't equating Jax or my brother in law with Ted Bundy or anyone like that. I also studied psychopathy and did my honors thesis on psychopathy so I had to read a lot of journal articles and academic literature on the topic. Four percent of the population are psychopaths. Certain professions tend to have higher numbers of them like politicians (no surprise there), doctors, and even psychologists. I would bet that a bunch of the CEOs and board members of oil companies, big farming (e.g. Monsanto), big pharma, insurance companies, etc. are also psychopaths. There are plenty of high functioning people who lack empathy and have no emotional attachment to right and wrong. If those people are raised in particularly abusive or neglectful environments you get someone like Charles Manson. If their home life isn't particularly traumatic they're most likely going to end up being run-of-the-mill douchbags like Jax (and my brother in law), and a few of them are generally good people like the author of The Psychopath Within. I also want to clarify that not all assholes are psychopaths but Jax has shown a distinct lack of empathy, lack of truthfulness, and charm that are characteristic of psychopaths.

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 10