Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: My Big Fat Baby

• Start Topic

I'm not worried about Whit having a job.  She had to demonstrate income to get her mortgage, plus, she could get a job and work somewhere, if the show went away, (she does a college degree) but, what gets me about Whit's poor judgment on adoption is what Todd said.  It's not a baby friendly home, imo.  PLUS, Whit's health has to be a huge concern.  I suppose that if Whit adopted an older child, who wasn't toddling about the house, she wouldn't have to run to keep up with it, but, just the rigors of being a parent......up early, getting them to school, after school activities, etc.  how would she cope? She struggles with her own care.  Recall getting Todd to help apply her chub rub cream?  To me, that kind of thing should be remedied, before bringing a child into the mix. I do think she has a lot to offer, but, that has to weighed with the other stuff.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

No I didn’t get that impression at all. I think Glenn would prefer she have a husband to raise the child with. Even with that I think it’s a combination of reasons. I think he’s a traditional guy but move than that as he said at the end he doesn’t think Whitney is ready to raise a child. Currently Whitney collects animals and dumps them on Glenn and Babs. If she runs out and gets a child before she’s settled down and more mature, where is that baby going to end up when she’s tired of it? Glenn and Babs. I think Glenn equates married with grown up, settled, committed, mature so he’s encouraging that before a baby. But I didn’t get the impression at all that if Whit was married, settled, and mature that he’d care that the baby wasn’t her blood child. 

I agree. I don't think Glenn or Babs would care if the baby was blood or adopted-they just want grandbabies, dammit! 

2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I wonder if this balloon was there.  And would it be named "The Whitney"?

Capture.JPG

OMG, that is hilarious!!!!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not worried about Whit having a job.  She had to demonstrate income to get her mortgage  

The mortgage documents are public documents.  You can view them online.  They show that Glenn signed on as guarantor, so probably Whitney did not qualify based on her own income.

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not worried about Whit having a job.  She had to demonstrate income to get her mortgage, plus, she could get a job and work somewhere, if the show went away, (she does a college degree) but, what gets me about Whit's poor judgment on adoption is what Todd said.  It's not a baby friendly home, imo.  PLUS, Whit's health has to be a huge concern.  I suppose that if Whit adopted an older child, who wasn't toddling about the house, she wouldn't have to run to keep up with it, but, just the rigors of being a parent......up early, getting them to school, after school activities, etc.  how would she cope? She struggles with her own care.  Recall getting Todd to help apply her chub rub cream?  To me, that kind of thing should be remedied, before bringing a child into the mix. I do think she has a lot to offer, but, that has to weighed with the other stuff.  

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that Glenn co-signed her mortgage. But money aside, what do you think Whitney has to offer a child? I know that question sounds snarky but I am really interested in hearing what you think. What I see is a woman who finds joy when others are in emotional turmoil, all the better if she gets to deliver bad news. She has no regard for anyone’s feelings, just watch the Piggy ashes scene to know she doesn’t give a shit about Babs. She has to be the absolute center of attention. She can’t stick with one thing for more than 5 minutes. All of those things would still be there if she was 120 lbs and could wipe her own ass. There are plenty jerks who are parents. I get that. But I’m really curious what you see that makes you say she has a lot to offer. I realize she repels me so much that I’m probably not capable of looking past that to see good parts of her. 

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Brooks said:

The mortgage documents are public documents.  You can view them online.  They show that Glenn signed on as guarantor, so probably Whitney did not qualify based on her own income.

Maybe, her length of credit history was too short or they wanted a lower interest rate, based on Glen's good credit. But, at any rate, I would assume that Whit makes AT LEAST $50,000. per year from the show alone. And, I'm being modest.  I would guess at least twice that or more. People who make much less are approved for adoptions.  Hmmm....still, I would be more concerned with my health in her situation. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not so much convinced she couldn’t get a job after the show (although it does give me some pause) but I doubt her being able to keep a job in her current state unless her work requires almost no movement and doesn’t have an HR department.  Unless, there is some type of work from home scenario, I don’t see who’d want to put up with her.  I’m sure we see an amped up version of her personality on her show, but I do believe we basically see, who she is.  As mentioned before, other dlisters have stretched their 15 mins into careers, but Whitney just seems lazy.

• Love 6
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

She can’t stick with one thing for more than 5 minutes. 

Can't you just envision her taking little Talney Jr to the park to play around the age of 3?  No one else is around.  Toddler goes running off to chase butterflies.  Twit is screaming for Talney Jr to stop.  Talney keeps running.  Might even run 5K, but not on a track where Twit could cut across and catch up.

We know for an absolute fact that Talney Jr could run out into traffic and Twit would be bent over screaming, or sitting down to take off her shoes, etc., etc., etc.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, her length of credit history was too short. But, at any rate, I would assume that Whit makes AT LEAST $50,000. per year from the show alone. And, I'm being modest.  I would guess at least twice that or more. People who make much less are approved for adoptions.  Hmmm....still, I would be more concerned with my health in her situation. 

She has probably had good years, thanks to TLC, but that doesn't cover obligations for a 30 year mortgage.  Her credit history may be fine but she may not be a good long-term risk.

My health concern for the baby is Whitney's lack of health concern for herself which she would transfer to the baby.  She eats crap.  She'll feed crap to the baby.  And not care about its weight.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, her length of credit history was too short or they wanted a lower interest rate, based on Glen's good credit. But, at any rate, I would assume that Whit makes AT LEAST $50,000. per year from the show alone. And, I'm being modest.  I would guess at least twice that or more. People who make much less are approved for adoptions.  Hmmm....still, I would be more concerned with my health in her situation. 

And the annual cost of her Starbucks, ice cream and pizza alone are probably half of her income.  Not a high percentage left over for silly things like mortgage payments and utilities.  Why do you think she was dunning Buddy about not paying rent?  She needed his money to pay her bills.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree she probably makes this amount of money now, but how many years could this show have left? Kids are expensive although I must say besides food (a lot) and cheap clothing I don’t really see what she is spending her money on.  Her house is to me at least is very modest and she possibly has rent coming in from a Donna or Tal if any of that is real. Maybe she or Glenn has invested her money, I hope so, it be great if she made a sizable nest egg for all the humiliation she put herself through.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Brooks said:

She has probably had good years, thanks to TLC, but that doesn't cover obligations for a 30 year mortgage.  Her credit history may be fine but she may not be a good long-term risk.

My health concern for the baby is Whitney's lack of health concern for herself which she would transfer to the baby.  She eats crap.  She'll feed crap to the baby.  And not care about its weight.

Good points.  I agree. The health issue is a biggie for me.  That includes her lack of focus on nutrition. 

• Love 2

I think Tal moved in so he could have more face time on tv and maybe hope for a bigger paycheck. And TLC needs him there so Twit has someone to talk to to exposit the storylines. Can’t have their star talking to herself after all. And I’m pretty sure Donna doesn’t pay rent, if she’s Twit’s caretaker. I’ll bet Glenn pays her. 

And those of us who watch “600 pound life” know what’s in store for any poor child Twit adopts. A life time of giving Twit sponge baths and changing her pee pads and fetching her stuff. At least that child would be spared eating food prepared and cooked on the bed, as Twit has no idea nor desire to cook. 

And Twit will have a hard time finding work after this show. Anyone with a tv had seen how she acts, and most employers google prospective employees before hiring them. They’d see she’s bone idle and loves to stir up controversy and upset people. I can’t see any employer wanting someone like that. 

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I like Tal but I thought that was weird. I, too, wonder why he gave up his cute little house to go live in the Giant Litter Box. Maybe he had roommates we never saw? Broke up with a SO he was living with? Thought he'd save some cash by renting a room? I'd need a pretty significant type of motivation to move into that house.

I doubt Tal moved in, just like Buddy wasn't living there for awhile.  It's a story line cuz she's got none, nada (lol)  zip, zero. Same with adopting baby.  It was mean of Twit to use her parents in this ruse. But then, she used her mom's stroke and beloved pet dying, so it didn't matter. It's all about her. 

I'm  surprised Glen didn't just up and say it: No baby cuz I don't want to support another one!!!!  He was close, I think. 

What was up with her rubbing her greedy little hands over getting some rent money from Tal? Way to throw your recovering "best" fucking friend under the bus,  again. Not wanting Buddy to make new friends was also revealing,  so Todd has now become the voice of reason. 

Loved that Todd stated out loud to Twit her slovenly ways at home.  Good for him.  Notice Twit goes to "hurt my feelings" mode when her ideas are outed for their stupidity, ridiculousness, or selfishness. Twit can't get rid of him cuz she needs him to run BGDC, cuz SHE CAN'T! 

Now if only the other barnacles. ........ Buddy escaped, Heather got dumped (out of her control, although she hung on for dear life for a few episodes by her fingernails), the transgender lady was disappeared cuz she wanted her own show,  Whatshername had a baby,  but Tal has gone over to the dark side.  What a fool. 

Sorry, it's early and I can't remember names.  

Edited by Tosia
Fake news? No, Fake reality show.
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

That lilting tone she used when setting up her "therapy session." That's exactly how she sees herself as being so profound that her viewers have a lot to learn from her. Yet, she just sounds like she is talking down to them the whole time. She is so damn bossy, and inserts herself into every situation cannot stand to share the spotlight,

As she was doing her little introduction into how the Heather-Buddy breakup therapy session was going to be run, I could have sworn I heard her say to Buddy "we need closure." It seems to me that Whitney was treating the breakup in a really odd way - she was half "supporting" Heather (while trying to one-up her with the "sentimental items" competition) and half behaving as if Buddy was breaking up with Whitney herself, all under laid with this really creepy unspoken message that maybe Buddy would want to get with her, now.  When she climbed in his lap at the house party! When she demanded he kiss her good by on the lips (and he didn't.) When she charged off to see him as a "surprise" visit, seemingly minutes after he moved to Charleston. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

And Twit will have a hard time finding work after this show. Anyone with a tv had seen how she acts, and most employers google prospective employees before hiring them. They’d see she’s bone idle and loves to stir up controversy and upset people. I can’t see any employer wanting someone like that. 

I agree. Also any prospective employer could watch just a few episodes and be able to see she'd be a huge sexual harassment risk. Who would want to hire a bat shit crazy woman who wants to go around sniffing people's armpits like she did to Roy? Talk about inappropriate for the workplace! Manhandling the hunky Hawaiian men, sitting on people, LAYING on people...good Lord. And that's just her behavior issues, there's also the fact that she is severely physically limited. She couldn't even handle any job where she has to walk a little ways, much less do anything else.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Also why are Buddy and Heather taking relationship advice from Whitney? That’s like taking dating tips from Ted Bundy.  No thanks, I’ll pass.  

???????

• Love 6

Did anyone else sing the Girl Scout Friend Song to themselves in their heads during the scene in the car with Tal and Whit talking about Buddy’s new social life? “Make new friends, but keep the old! One is silver and the other gold!”

• Love 6

Yeah, I'm of the impression that neither Todd or Tal want to conceive a child with Whitney "the old fashioned way". I would imagine most straight guys would be putting on the brakes if they heard her make that statement too. Based on what we're shown, I don't see Whitney as being willing to compromise with the baby's dad about parenting situations. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Did anyone else sing the Girl Scout Friend Song to themselves in their heads during the scene in the car with Tal and Whit talking about Buddy’s new social life? “Make new friends, but keep the old! One is silver and the other gold!”

LOL. Whitney could never sing that song. She doesn’t want her friends to make new. Her comment about Buddy having a life in Charleston was just appalling. 

Did anyone get sick of hearing them all telling each other ‘I love you’??  Ashley was just leaving to go home - nearby. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t say I love you to my friends every time they leave the room. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 10

My thoughts on what Whitney could offer a child include a great capacity for love. I feel that from her and she demonstrates that  within her family and friend circle. To me, she's devoted to her tribe and when I see acting out, I chalk some of it up to the nature of them being on a reality show and we all know how NOT real that is.  I also think that she's intelligent, curious minded and prone to ensure a child receive not only love, protection, education, medical care, dental care, shelter, transportation, cultural diversity, etc. She also is accepting and would be able to accept and support a child in their individuality, as well as have a great support system with her family and friends.   Negatives would include her risk of health issues, lack of insight and exercise on proper nutrition, lack of stamina and mobility, and poor reflection on how the needs of pets don't supersede those of children. I see these things overlooking what her role and script is for the tv show.  Some of those things are staged, imo and I don't put much weight on them. I try to focus on what seems to be genuine and that's her heart and I find that solid quality.  

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Donna is her caretaker. When did that occur?  She could need one in the future though and that's a concern. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I like Tal but I thought that was weird. I, too, wonder why he gave up his cute little house to go live in the Giant Litter Box. Maybe he had roommates we never saw? Broke up with a SO he was living with? Thought he'd save some cash by renting a room? I'd need a pretty significant type of motivation to move into that house.

I don't think Tal would give up his place. It's all plot and storyline. 

24 minutes ago, Kid said:

We are on the same page.

Ditto. Not watching at this point. Just here for the comments.  

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I agree. Also any prospective employer could watch just a few episodes and be able to see she'd be a huge sexual harassment risk. Who would want to hire a bat shit crazy woman who wants to go around sniffing people's armpits like she did to Roy? Talk about inappropriate for the workplace! Manhandling the hunky Hawaiian men, sitting on people, LAYING on people...good Lord. And that's just her behavior issues, there's also the fact that she is severely physically limited. She couldn't even handle any job where she has to walk a little ways, much less do anything else.

Valid points, but, to me, I think that a perspective employer would understand that these people are cast members on a tv show. They are playing roles for the camera and have signed releases for odd things to happen.  

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4388486/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

• Love 1

It's possible that Tal isn't really moving in, but will just be present for shooting days? I assume Buddy was in on the shooting schedule so he knew when to pick up the phone and that the "surprise" visit was completely scripted. He probably has a contract for the whole season, so can't escape until it's over. 

The building in Chas where they held the BGDC is beautiful...anyone know what it is? It's such a charming city with beautiful architecture. At least this bunch seemed to genuinely enjoy the class, and Todd is hilarious.

And boy, the Piggy ashes scene was disgusting. I wonder if she snacked on or snorted him on the way over. 

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

And the annual cost of her Starbucks, ice cream and pizza alone are probably half of her income. 

The production's craft services would feed her during shooting...and with the amount of travel this season I'm guessing each episode takes 10-14 days, multiplied by 13 eps. There's usually lots left over that she could stuff in the fridge for "later". Like three minutes later.

• Love 2

I became more amused with Charleston due to this show, than from Southern Charm! I've watched Southern Charm for years, but, the way TLC portrayed it on this show is far better than what I've seen on Bravo.  Hmmm.....I may just have to explore a vacation there.  It's about a 4 hour drive for me. 

• Love 4

Exactly what I was thinking. If somebody breaks up with me, I assume it's because they think I'm a bitch, in some way. I have no interest in finding out WHY they think I'm a bitch.

Buddy's line "I'll still always love you, Heather, BUT

Eh - I don't know. I think that you can still love someone but the relationship just doesn't work for whatever reason. I think it's entirely possibly that someone can have love for someone but just not be able to be in a relationship with them. 

But, seriously....there are common sense issues both mentally and physically where Whitney would be shown the door.   If she wasn't, I shudder at the thought.

How could anyone approve someone who cannot walk or run fast enough to save a child from running in the street?

No stable job.  Daddy had to co-sign for house. Daddy buys her toilet paper and delivers it.    

Someone would give her a child? Wow........

I wrote a bunch a few pages back on adoption home studies. People don't have to be perfect to be approved as adoptive parents. Obese people can be great parents. I worked with a couple in which one partner was legally blind - he wouldn't be able to chase a child into the street either. He was approved to adopt. I never worked with a wheelchair bound parent but that alone would not have prevented me from approving that person to adopt. Whitney has some significant health issues but it's entirely possible that she would be approved to adopt. Plenty of people adopt who have terrible diets or never exercise. Plenty of biological parents have the same lifestyle.

As for financials - that's trickier. Income is a factor, definitely. People don't have to be wealthy to adopt by any stretch but they do have to be able to demonstrate that 1) they have available funds to complete the adoption (which can be significant) and that 2) they currently have the ability to afford to raise a child. To me they would have to lay out their monthly income and expenses and show me concretely that they had sufficient money to pay for childcare expenses. If the parent was going to stay at home to care for a child, they had to demonstrate that they could live without that income. If a family member was providing a cash gift to support the adoption, I needed a notarized letter stating that they were planning to give that gift (or had already). I would not want to see gifts from family being a routine way that the family met expenses as that's not necessarily stable (a family member could change his/her mind at any time and decide not to provide ongoing financial support or circumstances could change such that they could no longer afford to do so). I worked with some families who did not have large incomes but they managed their money carefully and were able to show clearly that they could support a child. I also worked with families with very large incomes who were currently spending every cent they brought in and/or had large amounts of debt and they had a hard time showing how they could carve out the monthly expenses associated with childcare. Every family is different.

In other words - Whitney could probably be approved to adopt based on what I know from what I've seen on the show. That doesn't mean that she would have a child placed with her right away. She could wait years. She might never have a child placed with her. But she could likely be approved.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I became more amused with Charleston due to this show, than from Southern Charm!

My Mom is from there. Note it's REALLY hot and humid in the summer. The Spoleto USA arts festival takes place in May, and there's lots to do there (historic homes, The Citadel, great foodie scene, The Battery, historic carriage tours) and side trips like historic Beaufort, Charlestowne Landing, coastal plantations, and Fort Sumter. Also Folly Beach is nice. Do not be alarmed by the (flying) Palmetto Bugs; harmless but enormous.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Dot said:

I can't watch the episode since direcTV Now also doesn't let me watch on TLC's app.

So, I have been reading the comments. Did someone say that Tal has now moved into Buddy's digs? If so, was there any explanation as to why he gave up his nice little house to take up quarters in a cramped, unventilated space?

Also, can 2 unmarried people adopt in NC?

Hey, Dot, I'm also a DirecTV Now user, and I noticed the newest episode tucked sneakily in with Season 4. If you go to the MBFFL show page and find Season 4 and scroll through, it should be there. It's labeled with "New" and everything. I just noticed it this morning and thought I'd share in case you or any other DirecTV Now users hadn't yet seen it.

• Love 2

When Todd and Whitney were in Charlotte, did Todd point out that she had Cheetos dust under her finger from THE DAY BEFORE??  WTF? I understand that she may not shower daily, but who doesn't wash their HANDS at least once over the course of 24 hours? 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yaaaaass! Just another passing phase of hers she will never complete. She wears them like underwear--One day she likes women, another day she wants to convert to Judaism, the next day she wants to adopt a Korean baby. 

I swear at 1st I thought she said she wanted Korean BBQ, which totally makes more sense than adopting a baby 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My thoughts on what Whitney could offer a child include a great capacity for love. I feel that from her and she demonstrates that  within her family and friend circle. To me, she's devoted to her tribe and when I see acting out, I chalk some of it up to the nature of them being on a reality show and we all know how NOT real that is.  I also think that she's intelligent, curious minded and prone to ensure a child receive not only love, protection, education, medical care, dental care, shelter, transportation, cultural diversity, etc. She also is accepting and would be able to accept and support a child in their individuality, as well as have a great support system with her family and friends.   Negatives would include her risk of health issues, lack of insight and exercise on proper nutrition, lack of stamina and mobility, and poor reflection on how the needs of pets don't supersede those of children. I see these things overlooking what her role and script is for the tv show.  Some of those things are staged, imo and I don't put much weight on them. I try to focus on what seems to be genuine and that's her heart and I find that solid quality.  

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Donna is her caretaker. When did that occur?  She could need one in the future though and that's a concern. 

Sunnybebe, I agree there's a basis for love there.  The worst health scenario would be if it were her own child, because she would be guaranting it damaged health from the start.  A better chance that an adopted baby would be healthier than anything she could produce.  Donna has a caretaker role although we may not be clear about the full extent of it.

14 hours ago, mybuddyspence said:

Aw, the dance class ladies were so sweet. They deserve a Richard Simmons, not the queen of denial.

When the show first started, one of the ideas was to franchise "BGDC" and at a cost, train other trainers who would then be licensed to offer this type of class in other places. The same sort of deal as Zumba or Flirty Girl Fitness - you pay the money to join the franchise, take some training and pass some tests, and then you are a licensed provider for the class. I don't know why this idea was dropped. I think it's a GREAT idea b/c as we saw from the Charleston class, there are women out there who really want to do this sort of class but feel ostracized from your average Zumba or Cardio Funk class based on their weight. I think a Whitney/Todd traveling class is fine (The Fitness Marshall is doing that successfully) but they can't be in all places at once. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, MissCurmudgeonly said:

Piggy's ashes, omg. My beloved pup died 5 months ago, and I have been SO CAREFUL with his ashes, and right now they're on his little couch where he would wait for me to come home. Yes, I have a little shrine to him. I say this in all seriousness, if someone messed with his ashes? I'd fucking shiv them. In a second.

Not only was that horribly disrespectful to Piggy and Babs, but it also made me think that she never really gave a shit about Piggy dying. Crocodile tears from someone who was an acting major in college (i think that was the case). Pretty sure she can turn the waterworks and other emotions on and off at will. Disgusting.

I have ashes from two dearly loved cats that, while I was moving houses, the movers didn't pick up for me. I made a special trip to the old house, despite the fact that I was fully moved in except for a few things, to make sure I got the ashes. I don't care if someone broke in and stole the few meager belongings I'd left, but if they made off with the ashes I'd have never forgiven myself.

My cats' ashes came sealed, so I wondered why Shitty was even able to play around with Piggy's remains at all, until I realized, some people like to spread ashes. Mine are staying where they are. Some of us skydivers like to do "ash dives" where we jump with and release the ashes into the sky with the cremains of our loved ones, but I can't bring myself to part with even a fraction of them.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

She also couldn't just sit on the couch next to Tal. She had to lay there with her head in his lap.

She's constantly demanding physical affection from people who seem uncomfortable with it. It's like she's desperate to suck up all the attention and affection she can possibly get, even if it isn't freely given. It has to be totally exhausting to be around this crazy buffoon.

I noticed that too, she is way to touchy feeling for me, I cant even imagine the stank that comes off her as she doesn't ever seem to have showered.  Maybe she wants to adopt a baby so she knows what wiping a butt is like ?  I think she is also gloating on the fact that Buddy dumped Heather, I think she has and always will love Beatty Beasty Buddy and popping down to CHS unannounced was just a crappy thing to do out of respect I think for Heather.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Calliope12 said:

When Todd and Whitney were in Charlotte, did Todd point out that she had Cheetos dust under her finger from THE DAY BEFORE??  WTF? I understand that she may not shower daily, but who doesn't wash their HANDS at least once over the course of 24 hours? 

That skeeved me out. I'm not a clean freak but I wash my hands several times a day.  Speaking of hands I hope Tal washed his before he put them all over Ashley's baby's hands, she'll probably have them in her  mouth at some point.   After this last flu outbreak stuff like that bugs me.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

My cats' ashes came sealed, so I wondered why Shitty was even able to play around with Piggy's remains at all, until I realized, some people like to spread ashes. Mine are staying where they are. Some of us skydivers like to do "ash dives" where we jump with and release the ashes into the sky with the cremains of our loved ones, but I can't bring myself to part with even a fraction of them.

Hubby and I had a tiny amount of our Yorkie's ashes ground up and stirred into some tattoo ink when we had matching memorial ankle tattoos done.  Summer is with us everywhere we go.  (See picture below of hubby's tattoo right after it was finished.)

7 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

That skeeved me out. I'm not a clean freak but I wash my hands several times a day.  Speaking of hands I hope Tal washed his before he put them all over Ashley's baby's hands, she'll probably have them in her  mouth at some point.   After this last flu outbreak stuff like that bugs me.

I'm not a clean freak, either . . . but if I ate Cheetos or something equally invasive to nooks and crannies, I would DEFINITELY wash my hands until all the residue was gone. 

This is just one more indication of why Twitney should NOT adopt.  Can you see her changing a dirty diaper and then feeding the baby without washing her hands?  Oh, let's get real.  Can you see her actually changing a diaper or feeding a baby?  That kid is going to be living on ice cream until it can gum pizza.

Tattoo 005.JPG

• Love 12

I just finished watching this episode.  I DVR it so I can skip past the 30 minutes of commercials TLC blesses us with.   Some quick thoughts.

I really liked seeing the women at the Charlotte big girl dance class.  As a big girl myself I can appreciate how intimidating it is to go to an exercise class especially when you don't feel good about yourself.  I'd really like to see the show push more for that storyline instead of these nonsense ones like Buddy and Heather (please stop!) and Whitney and Tal becoming parents (yea sure). 

Why can't Whitney just let Buddy go and do what he needs to do? Did she ever think maybe he's moving  to get away from her? 

Why did Whitney's head keep changing shape throughout her TH interviews? Sometimes there was a flattish bump and other times it looked 4" high.  Is there no one at TLC that checks for continuity?

Tal moving in, I thought he had his own place and a partner?

Something nice to say, I see Whitney was wearing jeans at the balloon thing, that was different they looked nicer than the spandex.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Brooks said:

What did she do between returning from Korea, until the show began?
I don't remember hearing of any job she had.
Surely you have to have a stable income, to adopt.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, auntjess said:

What did she do between returning from Korea, until the show began?
I don't remember hearing of any job she had.
Surely you have to have a stable income, to adopt.

Didn't she have a job for at least part of that time as a producer of a radio show?  That's why she was "qualified" to be an "intern" for those episodes.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

ME TOO! Don't get me started on hand washing.  I've been called a germ a phobe, but, only due to serious concerns about illness.  But, I got the flu, ANWAY!  lol

I don't understand why a person with Whit's health, weight and fitness status would be eating such a thing.(Cheetos!) I mean....I love them, but, it's just not a very mature thing to do, especially when you're trying to expand your dance class.  I would like to see Whit put her health and diet as a top priority.  I don't think she agrees with that though. lol She would feel so much better if she focused on real nutrition and less weight on the body. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Hubby and I had a tiny amount of our Yorkie's ashes ground up and stirred into some tattoo ink when we had matching memorial ankle tattoos done.  Summer is with us everywhere we go. 

That is really sweet and beautiful. I didn't even know that could be done! I would do that myself if tattoos were my thing.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Hubby and I had a tiny amount of our Yorkie's ashes ground up and stirred into some tattoo ink when we had matching memorial ankle tattoos done.  Summer is with us everywhere we go.  (See picture below of hubby's tattoo right after it was finished.)

What a cool idea! If I were into tattoos, I would definitely do it, but alas, I am not. :-)

What I'm seeing here is that those of us who are pet people are posting that our pets ashes, or other keepsakes we have from our pets, are very important to us. Pets become a member of the family, for a real pet lover.

And from what I've seen of Babs on the show, she is also a real pet lover. She seems very emotionally attached to her pets. That's why Twit did was so offensive to me. Those are not YOUR pets ashes, and your mother - your own mother - is begging you to stop it. Have a little respect, for both the pet AND your mother. I thought it was cruel. Deliberately cruel - she had a "Ha ha, look what I'm about to do" look on her face right before she did it. I mean seriously, grow up.

• Love 10
Just now, monagatuna said:

That is really sweet and beautiful. I didn't even know that could be done! I would do that myself if tattoos were my thing.

We're in our 70s, and just got the tats a couple of years ago.  It's never too late!!!!

• Love 7

Todd's comments (and face) to her regarding adopting a baby with Tal (while they were in the car going to Charleston...whoops, Charlotte?...) was EVERYTHING!!!  

"the same child?"~priceless!

I browsed some of her Instagram posts and she states there that she weighs 380, same amount as when she started on the show and that it has not, is not and will not be her intention to lose ANY weight.  She's blissfully happy at 380.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, BUT if she is going to mother a child, it would seem to me that her limitations (needing others to assist with her hygiene, for example) would make it very difficult.

Edited by kicotan
Wrong town?
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Todd's comments (and face) to her regarding adopting a baby with Tal (while they were in the car going to Charleston...whoops, Charlotte?...) was EVERYTHING!!!  

"the same child?"~priceless!

I browsed some of her Instagram posts and she states there that she weighs 380, same amount as when she started on the show and that it has not, is not and will not be her intention to lose ANY weight.  She's blissfully happy at 380.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, BUT if she is going to mother a child, it would seem to me that her limitations (needing others to assist with her hygiene, for example) would make it very difficult.

That's awful. 380 at 5'2" is not in anyway healthy, especially if she's still smoking and drinking alcohol.  She doesn't want to loose weight, that's her choice but if she doesn't change something she's going to be very unhappy when she hits her 40's, if she lives that long.  For me at least the 40's were a time when things started to go wrong, vision got worse, blood pressure shot up.  If she doesn't already, she will have high blood pressure very soon.

• Love 9