Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

Bort

Exactly, she poured her heart, her soul and he told her 'no' repeatedly. How do writers think it's cute and OTP? I love Fallon recently, especially in CEO. Seriously I'm very happy they're creating their own show. I love they don't drag things down. I'm going back on forth on Liam, he might turn out to be a bit boring for Fallon long term. Or turn out not so perfect. I have no idea where the show is going but I'd love for Crystal to take some revenge on Blake yet I'm almost sure she'd be back with him because of the accident so that's why I hated this cliffhanger. I have no idea how they can outdo season 1 craziness without things being too extreme, even for this show.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, tabularasa said:

I agree.

Fallon and Liam is all over Facebook. I'm not sure how they'd work as a couple, if there is enough chemistry/drama to sustain it. But I believe writers messed up with Culhane, he turned Fallon down too many times. I wonder if they'll change the direction of the show and go with the more popular ship?

I was giving it some thought and since it seem that Liam is from an East Coast sophisticate family who might look down on their southern counterparts, maybe one of the big issues between Fallon and Liam could be a situation where his family doesn't think she's good enough for him. It'd put Fallon in a position she's never been before. 

I can't recall if Grandpappy Carrington is self-made or not but there is a distinction between relatively new money vs. old money. Liam's family the VanKirks might be the latter. 

I'm just spitballing. The show might come up with something completely different. 

"I wonder if they'll change the direction of the show and go with the more popular ship?"

ETA: Lol a fledgling friday night show on the CW with modest ratings? I'm quite positive them going with the more popular ship is a done deal. 

Edited by stormborn
(edited)
3 hours ago, Bec said:

Yeah, Culhane turning Fallon down so many times might have created enough baggage to sink their ship. I completely buy Fallon's feelings for Culhane, I'm just not seeing that much interest from his side.

Then he was the one that literally saved her from a burning fire and stayed behind to save the rest of her family. 

He has tried to move on from with other women but he is always drawn back to her.

The only way that I see Fallon turning to Liam (really Adam) is if she thinks Michael died. Even then, I still think something will stop her from sleeping with Liam (because he is really Adam).

I think this show need to have an Adam type to mess around with his parents, siblings and Jeff. Who knows while the fire is going on maybe Liam meets Kirby.

With the way the voting shares would be going to the grandkids, I wonder if Alexis has Amanda tucked away for the next vote.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2018 at 6:49 PM, ursula said:

Yeah, I didn't get the logistics of it. Wasn't Cristal supposed to be in Alexis's cabin, which is on the Carrington grounds but away from the main building?

There is no cabin in this version.  Culhane lived "above the stables".  The wedding was held in the stable.  That was one reason for the spittoons and the joking between Anders and Sammy Jo.  Carrington Mansion never caught on fire. It was the stable "complex".

6 hours ago, tabularasa said:

I agree.

Fallon and Liam is all over Facebook. I'm not sure how they'd work as a couple, if there is enough chemistry/drama to sustain it. But I believe writers messed up with Culhane, he turned Fallon down too many times. I wonder if they'll change the direction of the show and go with the more popular ship?

I noticed that Fallon wore flats in order for pipsqueak Liam to be at least a half-inch taller.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stormborn said:

I can't recall if Grandpappy Carrington is self-made or not.....

Except Fallon made a point that she was part of the FOURTH generation, that her father Blake was the Third Generation.  That would make Blake'e grandfather the one who struck it rich.  He passed the business to the recently-dead racist homophobic older Carrington. 

Merging the Colbys and Carringtons into a single clan does leave an opening for Tiny Liam and his old-money family. 

• Love 1
On 5/11/2018 at 6:41 PM, ursula said:

Steven whom we never actually see leave the burning room - Michael hesitated between going back in for him, or following Alexis to help Cristal, then decided to go after Alexis/Cristal

Michael will *save* them, but he will die from smoke inhalation after half an episode.  I think the producers will be very wary about killing off one of the AA lead actors, so I can imagine his Twin suddenly appearing on the scene a few episodes into Season Two.  Steven's face is going to be burned and we will get a much-needed recast.  In addition to wildly decreased screen time, James Mackay was virtually sleepwalking through most of his scenes for the past half-dozen episodes.  

I think it's more likely that the Senator's nine-year-old son will be a Carrington than a new baby.

On 5/11/2018 at 11:11 PM, MsTree said:

Just curious question: Why do several other continuing dramas on PTV forums have "episode" titles/topics, while Dynasty just has an all-in-one "season discussion"??

If/when we get a season 2 of Dynasty, can we have "episode" topics like the others?

This forum had separate episode topics.  It was changed when some weeks only had 3-4 comments.  I like the full-on merge.  Especially when viewership for the show can be counted on one hand.  OK, maybe two.

• Love 4
On 5/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, Kaiju Ballet said:

........Jeff and Monica into fashion spreads as opposed to characters. When they walked in with their matching metallic outfits I think I laughed out loud. I'm all for camp, but it has to be better integrated into the show. The actress playing Monica is gorgeous, but is essentially a model with lines......

.........I'm cool with Sammy Jo and the actor who plays him. He's far more interesting than Steven, and I like the fact that the family has more or less accepted him, which allows for intriguing story possibilities like the weird standoffishness that people upthread picked up from Hank towards him at their first meeting.

Alexis is also a lot more interesting with this Hank twist. Especially as it leaves the possibility that Adam is still out there somewhere.

Those "We are Carringtons, Let's Vote Now" uniforms were LOL-worthy X10.

Sammy Jo can only be successful as a character if there are romantic options around.  The show quickly dispensed of Ted Dinnard.  Original Sammy Jo slept her way through the cast, which added to the charm/drama.  There have been two stellar missed opportunities for adding an obstacle to Steven+Sam.  The vaguely latino newspaper reporter would have been a better interloper for S+S than he was by merely kissing CeliaMachado.  He had discovered some issues about Steven's campaign/past, and plopping him into a romantic triangle with S+S was a perfect plot.  Similarly, the show should have made Kirby Anders a MAN.  That would have fit so well with the burgeoning Anders and Sam bond.  And Kirby could have still wreaked havoc in the backstory.  Now we have apparently another white female cast member on the horizon.  

And we still have Amanda Carrington to look forward to.

As for Lost Adam, there is no hurry to cast someone.  I like an ongoing thread of the Lost Son.  With plenty of potential possibilities.  Plus, we all know it will turn out that the finger sent to Blake was bogus and the actor ultimately cast will have all his digits.  I can already hear the exposition spewed by the new Police Chief.  She will reveal that her predecessor made that up as part of a failed trap to catch the kidnappers.

Am glad they brought Crazy Claudia back in to the mix.  Also super glad that Matthew Blaisdel was decapitated and not secretly on the lam.  Claudia Blaisdel was one of my fave characters in the Original.  Not sure how they can ever involve her as part of the family during this revamp.  Can't imagine her running the family hotel in her state.

22 hours ago, Carmen Sandiego said:

There is some possibility with Liam being a possible Carrington however if they want to pair Fallon up with Liam, it would be the second time she committed incest with an unknown family member. 

I really want to root for Jeff but they have not done enough for his character to make him a threat to Blake .I believe in the first episode Jeff was coming up to be a leading young businessmen in the country cause he brought a streaming music company and he was investing a couple of startups.   After the 80's party it took a turn for the worse and he played stooge to Fallon. I want Jeff more then any character to be the most compelling, complex and twisted character cause all the other characters are one dimensioned including Blake. I think Monica is eye candy and seems to be playing the token black girl role where she plays second dibs to enhance Fallon, cause in one episode Fallon was gambling with an old perverted sugar daddy  who wanted to sleep with her and the writing was made so Fallon looked superwoman tough and Monica was the paniky protective friend. In the original Dynasty, Monica Colby was brainy, stronger then her brother and brilliant at her age, she was a lawyer and even became a businesswoman. In this reboot, they are making Monica to be more like a nightclub girl and to make a show work Fallon needs a young rival. I have been dissapointed with the writing of the Colbys and hope they give more storyline in the second season. 

Culhane is really the moral angel to Fallon, so I don't see them changing his character right now but I think he might go for a government agent role. The death of his father  Culhan went back to school and decided to become a SEC analyst or an FBI agent. Culhane was always the one doing the dirty, investigating and snooping so why not!

Yes they need to put Culhane  in the middle of some action literally.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Then he was the one that literally saved her from a burning fire and stayed behind to save the rest of her family. 

He has tried to move on from with other women but he is always drawn back to her.

The only way that I see Fallon turning to Liam (really Adam) is if she thinks Michael died. Even then, I still think something will stop her from sleeping with Liam (because he is really Adam).

I think this show need to have an Adam type to mess around with his parents, siblings and Jeff. Who knows while the fire is going on maybe Liam meets Kirby.

With the way the voting shares would be going to the grandkids, I wonder if Alexis has Amanda tucked away for the next vote.

Yes Cuhlane definitely loves Fallon but I can see why he has trust issues.

8 hours ago, stormborn said:

I was giving it some thought and since it seem that Liam is from an East Coast sophisticate family who might look down on their southern counterparts, maybe one of the big issues between Fallon and Liam could be a situation where his family doesn't think she's good enough for him. It'd put Fallon in a position she's never been before. 

Kind of like what happened when Chanel No. 1 learned that Chad Radwell's family didn't exactly approve of her. I mean, people consider the Hiltons to be new money, and they're at roughly the same amount of generations of wealth as the Carringtons are. (I guess this show really, really didn't want to suggest that the Carrington were plantation owners if they're specifically saying that the family wealth only goes back 4 generations.) I can totally see Liam's family turning their noses up.

I'd be shocked if Adam Huber isn't made a regular next season.

I kind of wish they'd find some way to keep Brent Antonello on, too.

James MacKay seems like a sweet guy, but I won't be sad if they go the recast route. I'm also seriously wondering how the hell he managed to knock up his geriatric former love interest with one hook-up. Shouldn't she be on Boniva at this point or something? Are we supposed to buy Kelly Rutherford as somehow still being in her late 30's or early 40's?

So Kirby is not the Saint she seemed to be on the original. If Schwartz dips back into his past shows for castings, I'm all for him to bring back either Lindsay Gort or AnnaSophia Robb. It's a shame Taylor Momsen doesn't act anymore- the role of a rebellious bad girl seems like something she could do in her sleep. The other two seem like they keep working, but not so much that they'd be too expensive to get on this show.

I did really love that fight. One touch I loved is how Cristal destroys the painting of Alexis's dog, as a nod to Crystle destroying the painting of Blake in the original fight. I also liked Alexis's pointed comeback that it only took 8 months to turn Cristal into a bad person. Cristal destroying Blake's stuff, and Blake basically not caring, was pretty hilarious.

The show really managed to get it together in the end. I hope season 2 works out.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I also liked Alexis's pointed comeback that it only took 8 months to turn Cristal into a bad person. Cristal destroying Blake's stuff, and Blake basically not caring, was pretty hilarious.

Cristal was always a bad person, in my opinion. Her little destruction rampage was the behavior of a spoiled little brat.

2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Cristal was always a bad person, in my opinion. Her little destruction rampage was the behavior of a spoiled little brat.

It was especially with that jaunty little hat she was wearing to signify that she was rebelling. 

• Love 2

Going by her age, it might be a nod to Madonna's My American Life song, which would have come out around high school for her. Speaking of, did anyone else give the side eye when Cristal said she was a better mother to the kids than Alexis ever was? Bitch, you look like you could have gone to high school with Stephen. Neither of them are going to look at you and think "Mom."

• Love 1
On 5/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, SmithW6079 said:

Sexual relations and marriage between  first cousins are legal in Georgia. It might be gross, but it's not incest.

Considering the fact that Fallon and Jeff are only about 6 percent genetically related, I don't even consider it gross. I actually rolled my eyes every time they referred to their relationship as "incest."

Source: http://apps.nolanlawson.com/relatedness-calculator/index?q=half-cousin

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Nona said:

Considering the fact that Fallon and Jeff are only about 6 percent genetically related, I don't even consider it gross. I actually rolled my eyes every time they referred to their relationship as "incest."

The more inter-racial the relationship is, the more incestuous it is. In fact, an interracial couple doesn't even have to be related for it to be incestuous. 

15 minutes ago, ursula said:

The more inter-racial the relationship is, the more incestuous it is. In fact, an interracial couple doesn't even have to be related for it to be incestuous. 

Mathematically, race doesn't matter. The child of an interracial couple still inherits 50 percent of each parent's genes.

49 minutes ago, Nona said:

Mathematically, race doesn't matter. The child of an interracial couple still inherits 50 percent of each parent's genes.

You'd think that right? But you'd be surprised at how prevalently a "sibling dynamic" is perceived in interracial TV couples.

I don't care who Fallon ends up with. The show just needs to keep putting pretty people on my screen.

Would be cool to have a main female character who is sufficient on her own and doesn't need to be paired up, but that's never going to happen on most TV shows.

I don't see Fallon moving on from Culhane any time soon, either. I'm not sure Culhane going into the fire was all for Fallon, though. He's the kind of guy who would do the heroic thing for anyone. If it was Monica in there he would have done the same. And didn't he run off to save Alexis and Cristal even though neither of them are exactly Fallon's favorite people?

While I don't doubt Fallon's feelings for Culhane, getting entangled with her and her crazy-ass family and all their drama is hardly ever good times for Culhane. I point and laugh when Blake's having a terrible time, but it's not fun at all to watch Culhane have a terrible time.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:59 AM, SmithW6079 said:

Yeah, did she think she was Patty Hearst from the 1970s?

I thought Cristal was going for a "Che Guevara" look. Patty Hearst totally copied Che Guevara's style anyway. Hee!

• Love 1

I'm the only one who thinks that Alexis still has money? She got the check that Fallon was going to give Liam, or she made the check herself! She has all those clothes that must be very expensive, still have important friends and is famous as you can see in the La Perla party. She had money to hire a papparazi to follow crystal on that apartament. Maybe she just want more money!