Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: 10s Across the Board

• Start Topic

On 3/23/2018 at 1:55 PM, TheLukeP said:

yeah... I get the feeling she's living for her boy chest / androgene super model ... our first two pieces to reference are the red belt she wore as a top in her entrance look and now Little Bo(ttom) Peep.

eta: Three boychest references... her MTQ look was also the same.

I hate when drag queens do boy chest. Michelle always calls queens out for not pading or cinching properly, so I don't understand why they get away with nothing on the chest.

• Love 4
On 3/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, BarneySays said:

Eh, no.  Women are not drag queens.  No matter how high the sense of straight entitlement to the experiences of others may run.  Women can have a drag queen personality, but that's a whole different thing.    

I suppose I should tell my lesbian bio queen friend she is actually straight. 

• Love 11
On 3/26/2018 at 7:05 PM, BarneySays said:
On 3/23/2018 at 5:34 PM, ClareWalks said:

and there are biowoman queens as well

Eh, no.  Women are not drag queens.  No matter how high the sense of straight entitlement to the experiences of others may run.  Women can have a drag queen personality, but that's a whole different thing.    

Wendy Ho would probably object to that, as would many of the cis women (of all sexual orientations) who came up in the ball scene. This isn't something new; it's not like Drag Race got on TV and suddenly cis women wanted to join in on the fun, it's been going on for a very long time. 

This same black-and-white attitude that ignores what's actually already very prevalent in the drag scene is what got Ru in trouble when she essentially said Peppermint was allowed to compete before she had breast augmentation surgery and after that she'd be a woman. Ru is entitled to screen contestants however she wants, but the larger drag world is accepting of all gender identities - cis, trans, fluid, nonbinary - and that's a positive thing. Putting judgmental boundaries on drag is kind of antithetical to the long-running spirit of it. It's art, not gender. 

• Love 13

Mayhem Miller and Miz Cracker managed to turn cartwheels during the mini-challenge runway walk with the other queens there. As someone who would find a cartwheel in gym shorts challenging, I was impressed they could turn cartwheels in full drag with really nice clothes without messing up the hair! Extra props to Mayhem as her gown was ankle-length!

On 3/24/2018 at 1:30 AM, rozen said:

Sponge dress with dirt hair and soap bubles, etc was  cute idea, but homegirl was hobbling down that runway. That deducts uber points right off the bat. 

Yes, I thought the same. 

I was glad they picked Ain't No Other Man and not Genie in a Bottle, which is the most played Aguilera song around here. (by that, I mean it's the one I've heard more in the last four years, not when they first came out respectively.) 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
On 3/28/2018 at 7:47 AM, annewithaneee said:

Wendy Ho would probably object to that, as would many of the cis women (of all sexual orientations) who came up in the ball scene. This isn't something new; it's not like Drag Race got on TV and suddenly cis women wanted to join in on the fun, it's been going on for a very long time. 

This same black-and-white attitude that ignores what's actually already very prevalent in the drag scene is what got Ru in trouble when she essentially said Peppermint was allowed to compete before she had breast augmentation surgery and after that she'd be a woman. Ru is entitled to screen contestants however she wants, but the larger drag world is accepting of all gender identities - cis, trans, fluid, nonbinary - and that's a positive thing. Putting judgmental boundaries on drag is kind of antithetical to the long-running spirit of it. It's art, not gender. 

Kudos to you for this! Very well put.

Also, you're from Indy! Hi from a former Indy resident, now living in Denver.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, April Bloodgate said:

I hate when drag queens do boy chest. Michelle always calls queens out for not pading or cinching properly, so I don't understand why they get away with nothing on the chest.

IRL, aren't there women with "no chest" to think of and look exactly like that? Going back to Season 2, I can still see Raven in that finale with a black bustier and no real padding going on; the feathers around the decollatage hiding that fact I guess! ;-)

• Love 1
On 3/29/2018 at 12:26 PM, Fiero425 said:

IRL, aren't there women with "no chest" to think of and look exactly like that? Going back to Season 2, I can still see Raven in that finale with a black bustier and no real padding going on; the feathers around the decollatage hiding that fact I guess! ;-)

Certainly there are some women with extremely small breasts that wear AA cup bras, but even that isn't a completely flat boy chest. But I'm not trying to argue the point that no cis woman ever has had a completely flat chest--it's that in Drag Race, the queens are asked to play into the illusion and give themselves the sillouhette that we would typically think of as womanly. There are definitely cis women with stick straight hips too, but Michelle wants the queens to pad and cinch to create the look of a certain type of female figure. That's why boy chest bothers me. 

• Love 2

The judges' reactions to Kalorie's lip sync were everything I needed right now in this messed-up world.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:12 PM, 2727 said:

Aren't they all sequestered together? I'd watch a show about that. Trade, indeed.

Has there ever been a love connection on the show before?  It's bound to have happened, right?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ladle said:

The judges' reactions to Kalorie's lip sync were everything I needed right now in this messed-up world.

Has there ever been a love connection on the show before?  It's bound to have happened, right?

I'm not aware of any contestants becoming romantically involved during the filming of their season.

Violet has hinted that she and Pearl slept together (without ever actually outright saying it), and let's just say I strongly suspect it's true.

• Love 1

Bob the Drag Queen and Alexis Michelle used to date before either appeared on drag race. Jinkx Monsoon and Magnolia Crawford hooked up before the latter appeared on season 6.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, Amello said:

Bob the Drag Queen and Alexis Michelle used to date before either appeared on drag race. Jinkx Monsoon and Magnolia Crawford hooked up before the latter appeared on season 6.

SO there's more to DR historic hook-ups than Sahara Davenport & Manila Luzon? The only h-up I was remotely interested in was with Adam Lambert & April Carrion! The looks they were giving each other and the commentary afterwards was magnetic! Michelle was hilarious; "get a room!" And RuPaul dismissed Adam's judging of April saying "that because you want to fk her!" I will still break up laughing when I hear and see that! ;-)

• Love 3