Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Nina's Crushing It

• Start Topic

Since Stanley scooted by with that awful striped outfit last week and that horrendous thing he made this week, I think they're grooming him for the win.  Of course, I thought the same thing about Brandon on Season 16 of PR, so what do I know?  :)

• Love 1
23 hours ago, dleighg said:

Stanley at the hair studio: "My inspiration is Lake Cuomo, I'm thinking of Amal Clooney...."

Cuomo is the Governor of NY, Stanley. Como is the lake in Italy :)

He said (or meant) Lake Como, and George Clooney famously* has had a house there for years. Stanley knew what he was talking about. I don't know what he was thinking with that hat on his model, though. Ugh.

I loved Ken's look, and totally saw his story of a woman hosting a party in the Hamptons.

* 'Famously' because I don't know the Clooneys but I've seen many references to George owning property in Lake Como.

On 3/23/2018 at 12:07 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Awrighty, first of all, is Kelly Osborne or her mother or father pumping money into this show or something?  Who in hell decided that she was some sort of fashion expert?  

While her personal style is often atrocious (same can be said of Heidi, Isaac and Alyssa), I find Kelly’s critques more thoughtful and accurate than half of the other guest judges that appear on the show. When she asked Alyssa if she was praising Edmond’s horrible look because she personally liked him, she was asking what nearly all of us were thinking at that moment. 

It was time for Edmond to go. He was the weakest link among the remaining five and, frankly, one of the weakest designers all season. He was very lucky to have made it this far. 

I admit my love for Anthony has less to do with his design skills than his charismatic personality. He has talent, but he’s no Christian Siriano or even Michael Costello. However, he never fails to make me laugh. Perhaps more time working at a fashion house would help him develop into a great designer. 

• Love 10
On 3/23/2018 at 10:09 AM, BusyOctober said:

Right??  Waaaay too many bad choices going on there.  The nose ring, the sea-sick green hair dye and hair done via weed whacker were bad enough.  But I was totally distracted by the teeth/mouth/lipstick.  People who have yellowish teeth should never ever ever wear orange-based reds!  Go for the blue-based tones to cancel out the yellow dinge!  

What the hell did Candy Crush have to do with any of this?  I have heard of the game, but I thought the rage died out in 2015, no?  And none of the designs made me think "Candy Crush" or "video game".  But then again NONE of the product placed shills ever have, so yay for consistency? 

I really wish that women who dye their hair in unusual colors would then take the time to style it properly. Bold brights and pastel colors cry for blunt cuts and sleek and/or groomed looks. Stringy, uneven mops just don't do the colors justice, especially with roots showing - the hair just looks dirty and poorly dyed.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I really wish that women who dye their hair in unusual colors would then take the time to style it properly. Bold brights and pastel colors cry for blunt cuts and sleek and/or groomed looks. Stringy, uneven mops just don't do the colors justice, especially with roots showing - the hair just looks dirty and poorly dyed.

Yes!  It very often looks like they used Easter egg coloring, after a binge of hallucinogenic drugs.  Dry and nasty looking, in desperate need of conditioning and a good cut.  You're absolutely right.

• Love 2
On 3/23/2018 at 3:40 AM, Snappy said:

I don't hate Anne but, especially in contrast to Zanna Roberts Rassi who, even when giving negative information, was pleasant about it, 

She may be pleasant, but if you ever watch the styling segments she does on E!, you would seriously question her taste level.

for example:

• Love 1
On 22/03/2018 at 9:15 PM, Token said:

I think Stanley's outfit would have been great if, instead of really big loose pants, he had made a tight pant instead, like a cigarette pant.  The colours were good, but those wide-legged pants just didn't look right.

I thought this look was god-awful.  Seems like the judges didn't mind it, wasn't it Nina who was raving over it?  Don't get it, think this one is one of the worst designs ever

• Love 2

This season was filmed in 2016, right? That kind of explains the Candy Crush tie-in, which as others have said, seems a bit passe by now.  I admit, though, that I recently started playing Candy Crush Jelly Saga again after a long break from it.  It's just a silly, addictive game.... and has absolutely nothing to do with fashion. The "lands" that you go through as you play the game are not actually part of the game-play and I didn't think anyone paid attention to them.  It's just the screen they show when you complete one level and move to the next. The actual game is just about matching candies & other sugar-themed items to clear the board before you run out of moves. 

Glad Edmond was the one sent home, and I knew he would be, just from the editing. I don't dislike him, but his design was the worst, and I like the other 4 guys a bit better, personality-wise. I'm rooting for Stanley, I think, but any of them would be fine. 

• Love 1

I normally like All Stars just to catch up on some past contestants.  But it feels like I've seen all these guys a bunch recently. I'm fine with never seeing any of them again.

Especially Ken.  Good god. At least he was interesting as an angry psychopath.

• Love 1
On 3/24/2018 at 11:16 PM, GaT said:

She may be pleasant, but if you ever watch the styling segments she does on E!, you would seriously question her taste level.

for example:

Yup. You're right. I'm hoping its because she was limited to a short list of items she had to promote for Target, but I see your point. Clearly!

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:52 AM, LeoLady said:

Unlike most everyone else here, I really don't care for Anthony. His phony silliness gets on my nerves. I didn't like his outfit but when one of the judges said it looked like an apron I gasped. That was my exact thought when I saw Fabio's. 

What drugs are these judges on? I was hoping Fabio would be "read for filth" with that crap he designed for the deciding look for the finale! I just don't understand it! :-o

On 3/23/2018 at 6:48 PM, Jordan Baker said:

I thought "Sticky Savannah" referred to the beautiful city in Georgia in the summertime.

As did I.  And when Anthony was headed in a safari direction, I thought they would ding him for not translating the resort location properly.  Shows you how much I know. 

I'm completely indifferent about Kelly Osborne but Dita Von Teese?  Can.  Not.  Stand.  Why do they keep trying to make her happen?

Edited to add:  So I watched last week's and this week's eps back-to-back and thought Dita Von Teese was on this one.  No matter---I still can't stand her.

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
correcting stuff
  • Love 2