Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E16: Caught Somewhere in Time

• Start Topic

I have to say really.. I like Maggie. I don't know when this happened, but I do, and I think maybe she reminds me of myself. I don't mind her clothing because I don't really dress for style etc, and when I date someone (which is like once a decade it feels like) I am so. incredibly nervous. I told my best friend, I have zero idea how to flirt, I don't know how to be 'sexy'. as the saying goes 'aint nobody got time for that." 

So while i have no skin in the game with Maggie and Jackson (like I feel Jackson says a lot of sexy things, but i never feel it, ditto maggie), I identify with them because I know that's me. and I know the complaints are here etc, but i like that Maggie is socially awkward and isn't a fashion plate like everyone else. she seems 'normal' to me, and sometimes it's nice to see that on television

(generally this is why when April isn't annoying (a huge chunk of the time) I could identify with April, because I'm Christian,  waiting until marriage to have sex, and struggle to fit my beliefs + science in the world at large because of my profession). 

• Love 16
19 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I like April and Jackson, and I'm bummed that relationship is probably dead. I liked that Jackson is looking out for her, and trying to protect her. Poor April, there's no way this is going to end well.

Maggie, can you grow up just a little bit? Quit telling everyone about your "night." You're not twelve.

I really liked April and Jackson together as well and will miss them.  Maggie and Jackson have absolutely NO chemistry and even thought it isn't incest, it just seems off for them to be a couple.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, moonorchid said:

“The longer we wait to eat, the hungrier you’ll be”

I physically flinched and feel nauseous. I can’t believe that line made the final script. Your pairing needs to have crazy sexual chemistry to make that cringy line work. Ugh it was so bad. It’s like maggie watched a rated R movie and is mimicking “sexy”.

Yeah, that's the kind of line most people can't get away with.  Catherine is just about the only one currently on the show that I could buy delivering that line.  I'd buy it from Carina too but have a problem with buying her character at all.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, kinnej5 said:

They were trying to portray her as a prepubescent psychotic eleven year old all the while making her cute and precocious.

Isn't she supposed to be like seven or eight? I am confused.

Psychotic??? Sofia???

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

People break up all the time and remain civil, especially if they share children.  Sometimes they even share a house for the sake of the children.

Not in this show. In this show those co-parenting relationships are seen as "toxic" and one parent has to be written out because there's no more story left for them. Like Callie. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, kinnej5 said:

They were trying to portray her as a prepubescent psychotic eleven year old all the while making her cute and precocious.

Isn't she supposed to be like seven or eight? I am confused.

In the episode where Arizona told Carina that Sofia wanted to move home, she said she was 7. Like 8 episodes ago. 

I think Jackson's response to Catherine, when she said that if he and Maggie broke up and if Richard took Maggie's side ... Jackson's response should have been that if he and Maggie became an awesome couple and if Catherine and Richard got divorced, that would make it awkward for he and Maggie.  Cause, really, Catherine is kind of a shrew and I'm surprised Richard is still with her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CookieChica said:

Who does this lady think she is to demand that her surgeons focus on her? If you want a surgeon at Sloan Grey to focus on you, then you better be dating them - and girl comes in with a boyfriend.  

The patient, especially when she was wearing that silk kimono robe, reminded me so much of that Fiber One commercial, the one where the woman goes on and on about her " she shed."

• Love 1
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Even if Maggie and Jackson break up down the line, it doesn't have to get acrimonious if everyone behaves like adults, something Catherine seems to have no conception of.  People break up all the time and remain civil, especially if they share children. 

Last night Maggie said that Richard wasn't really her father. Yes, she also said something about she was starting to feel like he is. Still, it bugged me because she's all about being Ellis' daughter and Meredith's sister. Even Amelia's sister. 

April was the one who suggested that Jackson take Stephanie to Ben and Miranda's wedding. And, she was the one who suggested that Maggie and Jackson like each other. 

Stephanie handled the way Jackson broke up with her pretty well. But, the way Jackson broke up with Stephanie should be cautionary tale for Maggie, any woman who works at Grey Sloan, and/or any woman who might have to spend time around Jackson when the relationship is over.

Jackson and Maggie both seem pretty terrible when it comes to relationships. Then again, Meredith was, too. Until Derek. Eventually. Is Jackson Maggie's Derek? 

• Love 2

The show wants Jackson to be Maggie's Derek. But I'm not buying it. I'm more opposed to it since they're shoving it down our throats. Besides that crap, I enjoyed this episode.

Edited by Court
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Joana said:

So, Teddy who hadn't been seen, heard from or mentioned in ages before Owen's and Amelia's marriage fell apart for 1494 reasons that have nothing do with her is a tumor? As in, like Amelia's tumor, it's just another contrived deus ex machina plot device the writers came up with to keep Owen's and Amelia's relationship on life support against all logic instead of terminating it for good seasons ago? Then, yeah, I agree. She is. 

If I recall correctly, Teddy also caused problems in Owen's marriage to Cristina. It's way past time for Owen to decide if he's going to pick Teddy over whoever is his current wife or leave it alone for good.

18 hours ago, CookieChica said:

Who does this lady think she is to demand that her surgeons focus on her? If you want a surgeon at Sloan Grey to focus on you, then you better be dating them - and girl comes in with a boyfriend.  

She's the transgender doctor (?) who brought the original idea for the vagina surgery to Catherine, who then manipulated Jackson into giving up his shot at the prize to do what his mother wanted.

But yeah, she clearly doesn't know Sloan Grey if she thinks her surgery is more important than the squabbling they do every day.

• Love 1
On 2018-03-23 at 10:50 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

On top of that, Owen needs to STFU. "I have cheated but I'm not a cheater" is like saying "I only murdered one person so I'm not really a murderer!" He only made things worse when he tried to justify it by saying that it didn't FEEL like cheating. It doesn't matter what it feels like. Feelings aren't facts. And for the record, Owen, you have cheated on more than one of your partners so spare me the righteous indignation.

Omfg the hypocrisy is strong in this one. As I recall, Owen cheated on:

1. His original fiancee, Beth - he began his relationship with Cristina without breaking up with Beth (or mentioning Beth's existence to Cristina).

2. Cristina, by having an emotional affair with Teddy.

3. Cristina again, by sleeping with an unnamed woman.

4. Emma, the doctor he tried dating after crowen broke up, as he slept with Cristina while seeing Emma.

5. The only reason he didn't technically cheat on Amelia is that Teddy turned him down.

IOW, Owen has cheated (or tried his best to cheat) on literally every woman he's been involved with on the show. Even for Grey's, that has to be some kind of record...

• Love 15
1 hour ago, tapplum said:

Omfg the hypocrisy is strong in this one. As I recall, Owen cheated on:

1. His original fiancee, Beth - he began his relationship with Cristina without breaking up with Beth (or mentioning Beth's existence to Cristina).

2. Cristina, by having an emotional affair with Teddy.

3. Cristina again, by sleeping with an unnamed woman.

4. Emma, the doctor he tried dating after crowen broke up, as he slept with Cristina while seeing Emma.

5. The only reason he didn't technically cheat on Amelia is that Teddy turned him down.

IOW, Owen has cheated (or tried his best to cheat) on literally every woman he's been involved with on the show. Even for Grey's, that has to be some kind of record...

Add with Beth or his own mother didn't even know he was back in the states because of his PTSD. Then came Owen's: "I want kids, but I'll continue going out or marrying women who don't want that." "Then when I do find one, I'll want to go back with my exes because they'll change their minds." Just complete crap. Then add in that most of these women told him it was stupid to want kids, which made even less sense. Then add in the whole reason was because he was trying to live out his father's fantasy for him and his sister of being out of the military, big families and Sunday Night dinners. Just was so eye rolling that people's eyes fell out of their sockets. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If I recall correctly, Teddy also caused problems in Owen's marriage to Cristina.

Yes, until he realized that it's Cristina he really wanted, at which point they both moved on with their lives, Teddy fell in love with another man, she and Cristina got along great and there were never any other problems.

I mean, Owen is a total mess, but so is Amelia and their entire relationship consisted of one nonsense after another, so to say that their biggest problem was that Owen was secretly fantasizing about Teddy the whole time or whatever is simply a BS retcon. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If I recall correctly, Teddy also caused problems in Owen's marriage to Cristina. It's way past time for Owen to decide if he's going to pick Teddy over whoever is his current wife or leave it alone for good.

Owen was the one who brought Teddy to Seattle in the first place. Teddy didn't cause problems between him and Cristina, she always had feelings for Owen since back in the army and never acted on them. He was the one who struggled with his man pain. And that was only in season 6. When Owen and Cristina got married in season 7, Teddy was dating the trauma counselor Andrew and then Henry came along. Whatever marital problems Crowen had, they weren't Teddy's fault. 

The first woman to give Owen a baby will be the one he picks. I hope it's not Amelia. I rather see her with just about anyone else. Or else the tumor storyline was a waste of time.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 4
On 3/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, LexieLily said:

I don't know if April is aware of it or she just wanted Harriet out of her hair so she could possibly drink some more when she got home but I found it interesting, and good, that even in the midst of her clear downward spiral she is aware enough that Harriet should be with Jackson. I also like that April is melting down very obviously at work now, so others have to see what is going on, i.e, Deluca and the interns.

But what is sad is that she is obviously melting down and no one is doing anything to try help her. Jackson at least finally said something this week. Owen could tell she is a mess and didn't say a word and Arizona hasn't done anything since seeing her at the bar a few weeks ago.

Last week I really liked the conversation she was having with Amelia's old doctor who guessed she was having a crisis of faith, but I guess he left town? He just met her so was in no obligation to do anything, but it's too bad because it was a really interesting pairing.

I did laugh when April had Deluca get injured during the training and all the interns thought that was unfair. Have they heard some of the disasters that have happened at the hospital they work at? Or about the plane crash that led to the current name/owners of the hospital?

On 3/23/2018 at 12:25 PM, TigerLynx said:

If Catherine's problem with Jackson/Maggie was the problems it might cause for Catherine/Richard if Jackson/Maggie broke up, she should have just said so from the get go instead of the stupid incest stuff (which it isn't). 

I don't remember Catherine saying she thought it was incest. She mentioned family being an issue, but that is explained by what she talked about later. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Last week I really liked the conversation she was having with Amelia's old doctor who guessed she was having a crisis of faith, but I guess he left town? He just met her so was in no obligation to do anything, but it's too bad because it was a really interesting pairing.

I think that's the most interesting pairing on the show right now, none the least because they were both broken and both suffering/suffered a crisis of faith. Their discussion was so, so much better than Jackson/Maggie adolescent antics.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:03 PM, funnygirl said:

Owen was the one who brought Teddy to Seattle in the first place. Teddy didn't cause problems between him and Cristina, she always had feelings for Owen since back in the army and never acted on them. He was the one who struggled with his man pain. And that was only in season 6. When Owen and Cristina got married in season 7, Teddy was dating the trauma counselor Andrew and then Henry came along. Whatever marital problems Crowen had, they weren't Teddy's fault.

For Teddy, Owen was the one that got away and when she wasn't in a current relationship, her feelings for him always affected how she interacted with him and the advice she gave him.  (When a friend is having marital problems, you don't tell him to dump his wife without knowing what the real situation is.  For Owen, Teddy was the work wife who was always more available and more sympathetic than his real wife, especially when he was having a problem in his marriage. It was emotional cheating, an impossible situation for Owen's wife/partner.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:03 PM, funnygirl said:

The first woman to give Owen a baby will be the one he picks. I hope it's not Amelia. I rather see her with just about anyone else. Or else the tumor storyline was a waste of time.

It's a fix-it for them, if Krista wants to put them together again.  Amelia and Owen got married for all the wrong reasons.  If Owen decides not to choose Teddy, and Amelia's annoying demands were caused by the tumor, they can start all over again.

If Krista wants to re-do them.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Bostongirl said:

The April storyline is breaking my heart. Arizona is supposed to be her best friend, why isn't she checking on April??

When did they show/tell us that Arizona was April's best friend?

Arizona doesn't seem to be a particularly good friend. She spent a bunch of time with Richard at trivia nights, Arizona explicitly stated that she and Richard were friends and she chose that terrible woman who threatened Richard's job over her friendship with Richard. So it's not that surprising that AZ isn't checking on April. 

Especially since former roommates Alex and Meredith, mentor Owen, and former step-father in law Richard also aren't checking in on her.

It is heartbreaking.

• Love 6