Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E16: Caught Somewhere in Time

• Start Topic

Maggie and Jackson are enjoying spending time together, but he must turn his concentration toward the groundbreaking vaginoplasty surgery he has scheduled with Catherine and Richard. Meanwhile, Meredith and Jo hit a roadblock with their contest submission, so Jo helps Bailey with an incoming trauma patient who used to be an astronaut.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I could not care less if Owen left the show. He was such an ass to Amelia. If I talked shit like that to my young family member who had cancer, my family would not speak to me ever again. And you know what, Amelia should never speak to him again. Girl, you don't need to be treated like trash.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Are we sure Kevin McKidd isn't leaving? We know Kim Raver is not coming back as a regular.

April is really losing it, isn't she?

Yeah, they've been setting up her downward spiral this season.

3 minutes ago, kinnej5 said:

I could not care less if Owen left the show. He was such an ass to Amelia. If I talked shit like that to my young family member who had cancer, my family would not speak to me ever again. And you know what, Amelia should never speak to him again. Girl, you don't need to be treated like trash.

He's completely useless at this point.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Deanie87 said:

Laura San Giacomo from Sex, Lies and Videotape. 

She was also Kit from Pretty Woman!

I felt so bad for that pregnant woman.   She’s up there panicking about her son having seizures, while trying not to give birth to her premature child.   Meanwhile you have Sofia just standing there watching the whole thing and the poor mother is all “Oh honey, I’m sorry I’m so upset.”  

Good lord, worrying about Sophia should’ve been the last thing on her mind.  Kid shouldn’t have even been in the room during that conversation.

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 12

Yes, it’s a great idea to bring your preteen daughter to rounds with you. I really don’t think that’s allowed, Grey’s!! And I really wish they would remember that Arizona has a prosthetic leg. There is no way that would not show when one wears leggings or jeggings or whatever she was wearing.

3 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Yes and Just Shoot Me! 

Now I know her. Thanks all

One last one, she has a recurring role on NCIS.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, kinnej5 said:

I wish Meredith had heard that conversation to say "You are a cheater. You cheated on Christina."

I like April and Jackson, and I'm bummed that relationship is probably dead. I liked that Jackson is looking out for her, and trying to protect her. Poor April, there's no way this is going to end well.

I wish Jo and Meredith would start developing a friendship...their relationship is still very mentor/intern to me.

Loved the scene where everyone was trying to name Bailey's device. I want more character scenes like that.

Maggie, can you grow up just a little bit? Quit telling everyone about your "night." You're not twelve.

• Love 19

Arizona decided to take the day off after in appropriately taking her tween daughter around with her all day, Owen suddenly decides to go to Teddy.  What is it with this hospital that doctors can just take days off if they want to? No wonder it's crap.

On a show that is stuffed with self-centred, immature people, Catherine Avery sets a new bar.  Debbie Allen obviously likes playing her this way since as an EP she could change it if she wanted to. I'm side-eyeing the bts decisions she's making in other story arcs.

The good:  Laura San Giacomo and her character. The dialogue Bailey and others spouted about time travel was nonsense but I really appreciated someone who looks to the future and to hope.  (Can we please drop the idea that Bailey's plumbing idea is any kind of major surgical innovation?)

Sarah Drew is killing it.  I never liked April in previous scenes but she's the best thing about this episode.

The other thing I really liked was Amelia and her "Teddy is a tumor and not benign" analogy.  Teddy has always been around to mess up Owen's marriages because she's always wanted him and let it interfere in his relationships with other women.  Amelia telling him to go figure it out and Owen listening is a surprisingly adult way to resolve it.

• Love 11

I can’t stand Amelia.  Can she ever say her lines without haming it up?  The only time she speaks normal is when she is talking to patients or about one.  The metaphors comparing Teddy and her tumor were so contrived.  People just don’t speak in metaphors in reality.  An again with the falling back breathless after sex scene.  Change it up!  Try a different after sex scenario.   April overacted in this episode.  The breakdown was over the top imo. 

• Love 9

Sofia is a cutie, and I loved when Alex gave her a high-five and called her rugrat. This one episode is the best Arizona has been written in a long time. 

I always enjoy the callbacks to Nerd!Bailey, it was a solid doctor-patient storyline with her and Laura San Giacomo's astronaut.

Did Owen "I'm not a cheater" Hunt forget that he cheated on Beth and Cristina, too? What a joke. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 13

I guess I'm supposed to think that Owen is going to find Teddy?  I am one who does not like Teddy, like, at all, so I do not want to see her again.  I loathed her during her guest spot, and the attitude she had about Amelia.  I don't care if she and Owen get together; I just don't want to see her on my screen.  

I guess April isn't at rock bottom yet.  But she is fast approaching.  I had to laugh at the hose showering the interns, though. 

• Love 9

One of the things that I am liking about April's meltdown is that she's trying to find real meaning in life and she's trying to prepare the interns so that they don't make the mistakes she makes. On a show that is about people who are very self-centred even when they are trying to save lives, that's refreshing.

1 hour ago, Laurie4H said:

The metaphors comparing Teddy and her tumor were so contrived.  People just don’t speak in metaphors in reality

I do. I speak in metaphors when I'm trying to get someone to understand. 

Amelia did try to explain to Owen that Teddy had always been a part of their marriage but he didn't understand. So she used the metaphor of a tumor that seems benign but grows until it becomes large enough to disrupt  functioning.

I'm glad Owen is going off to find Teddy rather than having her arrive at the hospital again.  (Makes it easier to fast forward those scenes.)

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

One of the things that I am liking about April's meltdown is that she's trying to find real meaning in life and she's trying to prepare the interns so that they don't make the mistakes she makes. On a show that is about people who are very self-centred even when they are trying to save lives, that's refreshing.

I don't know if April is aware of it or she just wanted Harriet out of her hair so she could possibly drink some more when she got home but I found it interesting, and good, that even in the midst of her clear downward spiral she is aware enough that Harriet should be with Jackson. I also like that April is melting down very obviously at work now, so others have to see what is going on, i.e, Deluca and the interns.

• Love 10
Just now, LexieLily said:

I don't know if April is aware of it or she just wanted Harriet out of her hair so she could possibly drink some more when she got home but I found it interesting, and good, that even in the midst of her clear downward spiral she is aware enough that Harriet should be with Jackson. I also like that April is melting down very obviously at work now, so others have to see what is going on, i.e, Deluca and the interns.

What I've noted that even through her downward spiral, she's aware enough to keep Harriet away from her during these moments. I can't imagine we'll see Harriet actually harmed by April's downward spiral; at least, I hope not. 

April's storyline is, by far, the most interested I've been in years. It's so sad to watch her keep spiraling. I think people's words are getting through (Koracick, Jackson), but she keeps pushing them away because she's not ready to get help. It's just really sad, but people are noticing and that's a good sign. 

I tune out anything Owen/Amelia related by now so I did not catch a thing of their stuff going on, which I'm glad for.

The Arizona/Sofia stuff is probably unrealistic, but I did like seeing Sofia again. Plus, it was worth it for the small Alex moment with her. But yeah, the poor pregnant woman couldn't exactly go full freak-out with another little girl in the room, which actually might have been a good thing with her unborn child being in danger as well. 

Meredith's stuff is...there, I guess. I have a hard time really caring about it. Same with Maggie/Jackson's relationship. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

Laura San Giacomo from Sex, Lies and Videotape. 

The first time I saw her was in the mini-series of Stephen King's The Stand. I thought she was so striking (in a film adaptation that I otherwise didn't like very much except for the first installment). I've never stopped liking her since, so happy to see her again!

I'm finding April's downward spiral heartbreaking and grimly realistic, having been around similar events in my own life. As a secular person, her faith/crisis-of-faith issues leave me decidedly "meh" but the other emotional and psychological notes are spot-on. I'm also really liking Meredith and Jo's continuing and developing relationship; it feels like they formed a bond during Jo's crisis and I'm glad to see that sticking.

• Love 10

When Maggie said that she and Jackson had plenty of time, I was like oh, Maggie, you just jinxed yourselves. Saying that is just asking for one of you to be decapitated by a helicopter blade or something equally ridiculous.

Catherine needs to have a seat. She got to decide who she wanted to date and Jackson gets to do the same. And I say that as someone who doesn't like Maggie and Jackson as a couple. It was even worse when Catherine admitted why she was really against their relationship - what if somewhere down the line things don't work out between Maggie and Jackson and Richard take Maggie's side? FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Talk about negative AND selfish.

I had to laugh when their patient walked out of the OR because of their unprofessional squabbling (I know it looked bad from the other side of the glass but in reality, the unprofessionalism was ALL on Catherine who was being petty, passive aggressive, bullying, and then even brought up "your wife April"). It kind of made me wish that all the other patients at the hospital would get a heads up when their surgeons were distracted by their personal lives before surgery so they would have the option to leave too.

I was not a fan of Arizona taking Sofia to work with her and letting her hear all the things she was saying about Noah. Your kid is A KID. She shouldn't hear that you think her new friend might have a tumor. I'd also like to add that HIPAA does not exclude your kid. Confidential patient information is supposed to be confidential, regardless of whether you decide to let your kid ditch school for some mommy time at work. When Arizona yelled at her to get out of Noah's mom's room, I was like well, if Sofia didn't already want to go to New York, that'll probably do it.

I couldn't believe they had Laura San Giacomo playing someone who was 66! She's only 55 and looks younger than that. I guess the bruises and stuff were supposed to disguise that.

Owen was unprofessional for seeing how April was acting with the trauma training and then leaving those poor interns to deal with her hysterical bossy shrieking so that he could go talk to his friend with benefits about something she said to him. That's a personal matter. Talk about it on your personal time. Don't leave a bunch of interns under the supervision of someone who is clearly being irrational so that you can hash out something that your fuck buddy said to hurt your feelings.

On top of that, Owen needs to STFU. "I have cheated but I'm not a cheater" is like saying "I only murdered one person so I'm not really a murderer!" He only made things worse when he tried to justify it by saying that it didn't FEEL like cheating. It doesn't matter what it feels like. Feelings aren't facts. And for the record, Owen, you have cheated on more than one of your partners so spare me the righteous indignation.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Catherine needs to have a seat. She got to decide who she wanted to date and Jackson gets to do the same. And I say that as someone who doesn't like Maggie and Jackson as a couple. It was even worse when Catherine admitted why she was really against their relationship - what if somewhere down the line things don't work out between Maggie and Jackson and Richard take Maggie's side? FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Talk about negative AND selfish.

But I think that IS a real issue.  Not so much on the "poor Catherine" front, but that is where them being a family complicates things.  Say they do date for a couple of years and then break up, it will be very awkward for Richard and Catherine and anyone else in the "family."  I have never, ever been one to get hung up on any kind of incest between Jackson and Maggie, because there isn't any, but there are complications in them getting together that there aren't for say, Jackson and April or Maggie and DeLuca.  Now, of course, the hospital is so ridiculously incestuous that these kinds of conflicts of interest are everywhere, but I get Catherine's point to a certain degree.  There are hundreds of people Jackson could date, in that hospital alone, and he has to pick the only kid of her husband.  Same with Maggie.  I actually really enjoyed the Jackson/Richard/Catherine dynamic and Jackson's asides and mumbling snark was funny.  If they have to explore the family side of things, I really wish that they would do it via Jackson/Richard and Maggie/Ellis/Richard (and I loved the scene of Meredith telling Maggie about Ellis - more of that please), rather than as an obstacle or talking point to romance between Jackson and Maggie.  Because....it really, really ain't working.

I am not a virulent Jaggie hater, but they are certainly not doing that pairing (or Maggie) any favors.  The dialogue is reaching Mark/Lexie cringe levels and that is extremely bad.  Did Maggie really say something about them being hungry in relation to sex?  Did I hear right?  Ay, yi, yi.  Kelly M. is a beautiful woman, and her body is ridiculous, but what the hell are they doing putting her in that Golden Girl BLOUSE at the end?  She looked 55 years old and not someone ready to get sexed up by her step-brother!  And then Catherine singing Maggie's praises to the patient, its all just too, too much.  

April did a great job, but I found Drew's performance at the very end with just the silent breakdown to be more affecting than her screaming at the interns.  It was kind of funny at first but then just went way over the top.  But I did like DeLuca's moaning and thought he and the dancer were kind of funny.  I sure did enjoy a lot of things in this episode that I usually don't.  I couldn't care less about Owen and Teddy, but it is starting to get on my nerves how no one, including Owen, is noticing April going off the deep end.  It's reminding me a bit of Izzie in season 5 when she was having her crazy Denny experience and everyone just chalked it up to her being spirited.  I don't know if its to lay on the guilt later or what, but its unsettling.

I agree that AZ bringing her daughter into work and then chatting with her about her friend's condition was certainly something.  Also, not to be mean, but both of those kids were creepy.  Between the laughing and the vacant stares, I was hoping someone would ship them off to the 24 hour daycare for awhile.  Along those lines, I wonder what Justin Chambers thinks when he comes into read his script and every other one reads "Alex comes in, gives a high-five, tousles hair, tells a dad joke and leaves for the rest of the episode."   I guess he smirks and cashes his paycheck. 

Finally, when was the last time the show had a bratty kid or a really obnoxious patient?  I probably skim more episodes than not at this point, but I feel like every single recent patient has been lovable or noble and there to Teach a Lesson or Expand a Horizon and that is much different than the earlier seasons.  Remember the lady that screamed at George because they kept putting off her daughter's surgery, or the Doris Roberts lady that Alex conned into giving her money to the orphans or the Patricia Arquette serial killer?  I remember them because they were interesting, but now I can't remember anything except a revolving line of noble dullards and precocious kids. 

• Love 16

I liked Jo and Maggie encouraging Meredith to continue with the contest.  Meredith/Ellen was looking a little rough.

So is Greg German's character gone?  I liked him with April.

Jackson's mother is beyond selfish and annoying.

If only Owen had taken Amelia with him to go find Teddy.  Then they could both stay gone forever.

• Love 4

This whole season has been the pits except for maybe one episode

I hate both Amelia and Owen but Owen is right.  Amelia skipped out on their marriage first maybe not with another person but she kept him the dark on basically everything.  Any time he engaged her or tried to talk to her she would shut down.  I am not condoning affairs but she is was the person isolating herself.  He really tried with her and he tried with Christina too.  Owen's issue is he wants one kind of life but pursues women who don't want the same thing. 

Jackson and Maggie - Ehhh it's fine 

How are people just noticing April has been off for awhile.

I am still hate Jo, no matter who they pair her with-I am just not interested. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

I can’t stand Amelia.  Can she ever say her lines without haming it up?  The only time she speaks normal is when she is talking to patients or about one.  The metaphors comparing Teddy and her tumor were so contrived.  People just don’t speak in metaphors in reality.  An again with the falling back breathless after sex scene.  Change it up!  Try a different after sex scenario.   April overacted in this episode.  The breakdown was over the top imo. 

(raises hand). 
I do. I love metaphors. 

• Love 9

I have an iffy feeling about Jackson and Maggie after this episode. How April is behaving seems like it's really getting to Jackson, and he didn't look happy when Maggie met him in the locker room, even after she kissed him. I might be grasping at straws here, but I have a teeny-tiny hope for Japril still. And why couldn't Jackson and Maggie still hang out even if he had Harriet for the night? They were planning to make dinner at his place anyway. Thought it was weird that Maggie just bolted when Jackson showed up with Harriet in the stroller.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Deanie87 said:

But I think that IS a real issue.  Not so much on the "poor Catherine" front, but that is where them being a family complicates things.  Say they do date for a couple of years and then break up, it will be very awkward for Richard and Catherine and anyone else in the "family."  I have never, ever been one to get hung up on any kind of incest between Jackson and Maggie, because there isn't any, but there are complications in them getting together

Same way I felt when I first started thinking that maybe the show would pair the two if them up... I never really thought about incest... And  all the posts bringing it up I've dismissed as ppl who don't like the pairing ( or more likely Maggie)  but couldn't articulate why exactly and glommed onto that... But the possible ramifications if things got sour could do real damage to the hospital... I'm glad that it was voiced... And sometimes parents are allowed to be selfish especially if its ur adult child doing something that could potentially hurt your life.  Still glad they put it to bed for now.. And Maggie and Jackson still have a long way to go

• Love 3

When Arizona asked Sofia if she wanted to come to work with her, I thought, "Oh, she's missing Callie so Arizona is going to take her to see the child minders who raised her during her infant and toddlerhood at hospital daycare."   Guess not.  No way is it appropriate for Sofia to be hanging out in patients rooms while they are being examined, even if she is behind the curtain.   Nope.  Not okay.  She and Noah could have bonded in daycare, or in a hall, or the pediatric floor waiting room... and Alex could have come by and seen Noah and diagnosed him...

Or, you know, they could have not made it take Sofia to work day.   

I thought Catherine was way, way, way out of line but I don't think the question of "how is this family going to work when you two break up," was way out of line, although premature.   Jaggie incest doesn't bother me, because it isn't.   And quite frankly awkward Webber/Pierce/Avery family dinners don't bug me much at all, either.  But I get that is a concern.  

I think Sarah Drew is killing it right now as April, but it continues to bug me how out of control they are allowing her to get before anybody cares.  Nice moment with Jackson at the end but....

• Love 11

“The longer we wait to eat, the hungrier you’ll be”

I physically flinched and feel nauseous. I can’t believe that line made the final script. Your pairing needs to have crazy sexual chemistry to make that cringy line work. Ugh it was so bad. It’s like maggie watched a rated R movie and is mimicking “sexy”.

• Love 20

I don't like Amelia OR April, and apparently it doesn't matter how many versions they hit me with--brain tumor Amelia, sex kitten Amelia, surgical superhero Amelia, wise metaphor Amelia; uncertain stammering April, confident bossy April, freak-out breakdown/lusty tongue breakdown/sad fetal-curl breakdown April. . .

Oh well.  <shrug>

This show is so goofy now, I thought we were going to see Laura San Giacomo later without all her "old age" makeup, looking beautiful after having time-traveled.  LOL

• Love 7

If Catherine's problem with Jackson/Maggie was the problems it might cause for Catherine/Richard if Jackson/Maggie broke up, she should have just said so from the get go instead of the stupid incest stuff (which it isn't).  It would still be selfish, but at least it would have been honest, and Catherine's attitude towards Jackson/Maggie was already causing problems for Catherine/Richard. I don't even like Jackson/Maggie together, but if they wanted to give them angst/drama/problems before they even got together, the argument that they work at the same place, they both have exes that work there, etc., would have made a lot more sense than it's incest and Jackson is so hot Maggie acts like an idiot around him.

I can't make up my mind about April's meltdown.  Parts of the story are working, and parts aren't.

• Love 2

How many excuses did Catherine make as to why she didn't want Jackson with Maggie?
- It's incest, which it kind of sort of isn't. Depending on jurisdiction. But the way Catherine approaches Jackson sometimes, why should incest matter to her?
- April, who Jackson hasn't been married to for two years. When has Catherine reached out to April during all this time. Oh, to sue for custody of unborn Harriet. Right.
- Losing Richard, which I think could happen for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Jackson and Maggie. She should know Richard isn't like Papa Avery.

It was weird to have Jackson refer to Richard as a father when he is dating his biological daughter. But whatever, I wish they would just say they believe in the step-relatives in a relationship is incest or just begone with it already! It's not cute how they keep saying "some families do this..." in the middle of a heated make-out session. That is just not normal.

I had no idea that was Laura San Giacomo! She looked so different in this episode. Also, speaking of the storyline, have the writers not heard of the Large Hadron Collider? Aren't they trying to find the Higgs-Boson Particle the get more information on the big bang? I didn't realize finding out the physics of the big bang included time travel. Whatever.

I can't remember what Meredith was giving up or Jo had encouraged her to pursue, but I guess it doesn't matter. I could not care less about Meredith these days. I do wish that we would focus more on Jo and Alex, or (as someone else said) the familial dynamics between Meredith and Maggie. We had two seconds where they spoke, I can't even remember it.

April keeps spiraling further and further downwards. It was nice, although random, that Jackson pulled her into the supply closet to try to get her to speak.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, moonorchid said:

I physically flinched and feel a little nauseous. This seriously made the final cut in a script? This was a “sexy” jaggie episode and they were Luke warm at best but that line? I have no words. Your pairing needs WAY better sexual chemistry for that crap line to work.

I am skeeved by the Jackson and Maggie pairing.  With all the discussion here, I've been musing as to why.  One particular aspect is her girlish dorky demeanor so much of the time, and then all of a sudden she goes all seductress.  Happened last episode too with the 'undone' comments.  This time it was really awful.  

Something going way, way back to 1990 but it reminds me of a scene in Dick Tracy with Warren Beatty, when the character played by Madonna brings him an ice cream cone, he asks what flavor it is, she says "fresh peach," then she adds in a silky tone, "Better eat it right away. It's starting to run a little."  That line really worked.  The guy I was watching the movie with gulped/gasped out loud.  lol

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Shellie said:

I am skeeved by the Jackson and Maggie pairing.  With all the discussion here, I've been musing as to why.  One particular aspect is her girlish dorky demeanor so much of the time, and then all of a sudden she goes all seductress.  Happened last episode too with the 'undone' comments.  This time it was really awful.  

Something going way, way back to 1990 but it reminds me of a scene in Dick Tracy with Warren Beatty, when the character played by Madonna brings him an ice cream cone, he asks what flavor it is, she says "fresh peach," then she adds in a silky tone, "Better eat it right away. It's starting to run a little."  That line really worked.  The guy I was watching the movie with gulped/gasped out loud.  lol

Holy crap the last time I watched Dick Tracy I was a kid and that line went WAY over my head, lol. But the difference is Madonna oozed sex appeal and her and warren Beaty had that dynamic...maggie is too childish to realistically pull that off and her and Jackson are too cringy to make it sexy.

• Love 6

Maybe it's because I don't get invested in 'ships' but I'm loving this season. There has been an episode or two that I wasn't thrilled with, but overall the writing is so much better than it has been the past few years and I love that they're actually continuing stories week-to-week, giving every character something to do, and finding a nice balance between funny / sexy / dark / sad, etc. 

• Love 6

I physically flinched and feel nauseous. I can’t believe that line made the final script. Your pairing needs to have crazy sexual chemistry to make that cringy line work. Ugh it was so bad. It’s like maggie watched a rated R movie and is mimicking “sexy”.

I honestly can't even look at Jackson and Maggie. I physically shudder at their scenes. They have anti-chemistry.

I keep wondering where April's story is going. Rehab? Psych ward? Back to Iraq? My speculation is that April is impaired in some way and Harriet ends up hurt. 

• Love 6

Ugh it was so bad. It’s like maggie watched a rated R movie and is mimicking “sexy”.

Your obvious distaste for Maggie or Jaggie aside... I think you may  be right... Between flashbacks and her speaking about past encounters.. And what little we have seen she seems like the type especially if she's sexually intimidated to try and act out what she thinks is  sexy.. While silly and I'll agree kinda cringey... Also definitely in character 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

But I think that IS a real issue.  Not so much on the "poor Catherine" front, but that is where them being a family complicates things.  Say they do date for a couple of years and then break up, it will be very awkward for Richard and Catherine and anyone else in the "family."  I have never, ever been one to get hung up on any kind of incest between Jackson and Maggie, because there isn't any, but there are complications in them getting together that there aren't for say, Jackson and April or Maggie and DeLuca.  Now, of course, the hospital is so ridiculously incestuous that these kinds of conflicts of interest are everywhere, but I get Catherine's point to a certain degree.  There are hundreds of people Jackson could date, in that hospital alone, and he has to pick the only kid of her husband. 

Because out of the hundreds of people, that's the person he's attracted to.

Even if Maggie and Jackson break up down the line, it doesn't have to get acrimonious if everyone behaves like adults, something Catherine seems to have no conception of.  People break up all the time and remain civil, especially if they share children.  Sometimes they even share a house for the sake of the children.

Catherine wanted her grown-ass son to stop dating the woman he's attracted to because maybe they'll break up and maybe it will be acrimonious and maybe it will affect her relationship with Richard,  the man she chose for herself and that's why she doesn't want Jackson to be able to choose a woman for himself. She also made him give up on his entry for the competition so that she could have hers. It doesn't get much more selfish than that.

Jackson needs to start being a man, tell his mother to butt out, and start living his own life.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The other thing I really liked was Amelia and her "Teddy is a tumor and not benign" analogy.  Teddy has always been around to mess up Owen's marriages because she's always wanted him and let it interfere in his relationships with other women.  Amelia telling him to go figure it out and Owen listening is a surprisingly adult way to resolve it.

I don't generally like Amelia but she's right about Teddy.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Owen was unprofessional for seeing how April was acting with the trauma training and then leaving those poor interns to deal with her hysterical bossy shrieking so that he could go talk to his friend with benefits about something she said to him. That's a personal matter. Talk about it on your personal time. Don't leave a bunch of interns under the supervision of someone who is clearly being irrational so that you can hash out something that your fuck buddy said to hurt your feelings.

This should be said to every single person who works in this hospital, on a daily basis.  They're all the most unprofessional group of doctors/interns/nurses that I've ever seen.

5 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

Finally, when was the last time the show had a bratty kid or a really obnoxious patient?  I probably skim more episodes than not at this point, but I feel like every single recent patient has been lovable or noble and there to Teach a Lesson or Expand a Horizon and that is much different than the earlier seasons.  Remember the lady that screamed at George because they kept putting off her daughter's surgery, or the Doris Roberts lady that Alex conned into giving her money to the orphans or the Patricia Arquette serial killer?  I remember them because they were interesting, but now I can't remember anything except a revolving line of noble dullards and precocious kids. 

Rosanna Arquette, but otherwise I agree 100%. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Deanie87 said:

Also, not to be mean, but both of those kids were creepy.

IA.  I thought the “twist” would reveal that Sofia had some mystical life-saving power or something.  Her calm demeanor looked more disturbing, rather than her being in a state of shock.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

IA.  I thought the “twist” would reveal that Sofia had some mystical life-saving power or something.  Her calm demeanor looked more disturbing, rather than her being in a state of shock.

They were trying to portray her as a prepubescent psychotic eleven year old all the while making her cute and precocious.

Isn't she supposed to be like seven or eight? I am confused.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Because out of the hundreds of people, that's the person he's attracted to.

And that's fine, but then he will have to deal with his mother's issues.  

52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Even if Maggie and Jackson break up down the line, it doesn't have to get acrimonious if everyone behaves like adults, something Catherine seems to have no conception of.

I mean given the people that she knows in the hospital, I can't say that I blame her.  If anyone ever acted like an adult the show would have ended years ago.  I still think that dating a step-sibling, even one found later in life, will cause problems that dating someone outside of "the family" won't.  I don't think that Jackson should stop pursuing things just because his mother is a pain in the ass about it, but I also won't feel bad if Catherine has a "told ya so" party if/when things go south.  And you know that she will.

35 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Rosanna Arquette, but otherwise I agree 100%. 

Damn it!  I knew that, but I had all the Arquette's running through my head and was picturing Roseanna but calling her Patricia.

Why is it that the men in this show always have to be told by their ex-wives that they are in love with/attracted to someone else? (Derek, Jackson and now Owen).  Good lord, get it together you emotionally-challenged idiots!

• Love 5

So, Teddy who hadn't been seen, heard from or mentioned in ages before Owen's and Amelia's marriage fell apart for 1494 reasons that have nothing do with her is a tumor? As in, like Amelia's tumor, it's just another contrived deus ex machina plot device the writers came up with to keep Owen's and Amelia's relationship on life support against all logic instead of terminating it for good seasons ago? Then, yeah, I agree. She is. 

• Love 3