Type keyword(s) to search

Three Wives, One Husband - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So if I understood things correctly from last night, Marina has been taking care of all the children while she has been pregnant and the other two are off at work.  I believe Beth was overwhelmed by all the children because she has never been responsible for all of them.  Beth took the time off from work so that Marina could go have the baby.  Not sure where #1 wife was in all of this (assuming she, too, was off at work).

What I'm seeing here is, it's all well and fine for Beth if she gets out of the house during the day and doesn't have to deal with the kids and can delegate to Marina.  Marina is resentful because no one appreciates what she does, along with being resentful that she's sharing a husband (although what she thought she was getting into during the courtship, should have been obvious).  So Beth is pissed at having to do Marina's job while Marina is off having a baby.  Marina is pissed that the others tend to take her for granted and the husband, I guess, is trying, but these relationships with the women have to be solved by the women.  

• Love 5

This thread is the one that should say "Wives who actually like each other" instead of the Morrisons.  These two ladies really do seem to be happy....well except for the courting thing that didn't work out. Interesting that Lydia wants to be madly in love before she marries a polygamist man.  It would actually be easier if she wasn't madly in love at least as far as the jealousy goes. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, B3cky50 said:

I went down the rabbit hole on FB... I googled the brother that died and then found his wives social media sites. 

Reveal hidden contents

The don't marry his brother, but the one looks to be engaged again to a younger very attractive man.

PicsArt_03-18-11.57.54.png

PicsArt_03-18-11.58.39.jpg

I'm confused, who is the man here? Name is Ben...I am missing something obvious. He is such a little cutie here. Got that facial symmetry thing :)

• Love 2

I'm curious.... if the husband dies and a wife/wives remarry, are they still sisterwives?  Even if the man has other wives?  I don't think so but I'm not sure. 

If the husband and some wives all live in the same house, then he dies, does the new husband, if he doesn't have any other wives, just move in to keep the all of the children together?  

How hard that would be for all of the kids!   

3 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I'm confused, who is the man here? Name is Ben...I am missing something obvious. He is such a little cutie here. Got that facial symmetry thing :)

Not sure who he is, other than that he was apparently a friend of the dead husband's. If you click on their pics, someone confronts her and states how tacky it is that she's posting how in love she is and that it's disrespectful to her dead husband since they were friends...... (or something like that.) 

But yeah. He's hot. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Marina seems really immature. I get that jealousy is going to be an issue with these relationships, but to openly sabotage the other wives' time with their husband is just awful. 

Beth does seem miserable. I think it's partly because SHE'S largely the brunt of Marina's tantrums AND she's often the one watching all the kids. I only have 3 kids and I've totally had moments where I've had to go outside and take a minute. I can't imagine.....

I don't know how to feel about Abel taking his brother's wives. I can see him wanting to honor his brother's request. And I can see the brother asking, because he knows he can trust his brother. But what really bothers me is the idea that someone NEEDS to take them. If my husband died, I'd have a rough go of it for a bit, but my immediate reaction wouldn't be, "Oh, better get another husband to take care of us!" And I'm a SAHM. But, no. That part is just weird. 

Do Jim's wives still go to his planet? Or would they go to Abel's? I don't get it. 

They didn't show any of the family who got dissed by their prospective 3rd wife did they? 

But we met a new family...some dude named Cary and his teenage daughter wants to court. Just like the Duggars - you better watch that hand holding, mister! At least he allowed a full frontal hug? 

The way she explained it, their second marrriage will not be sealed. So the wives and children end up with Jim. By marrying her dead husbands brother, any new kids will end up on the same planet with Jim and their other kids, since they are essentially biologically siblings due to DNA. It’s quite convoluted but she explained it with such strong conviction. Looks like both wives decided not to marry Abel after all. 

This show orignially aired in the UK in 2015, so must have been filmed in 2014. Thus, all the people getting on the Morrison wives for dating and getting engaged right afterwards have the timeline wrong. It’s been years since Jim died.  I would be more surprised if they weren’t dating...they are young, hot, God-fearing, and attractive women. Of course they each got snapped up by some lucky dude. 

• Love 1

Anazella, Jim's other widow, is Lillian Foster's sister.

From the comments on Melinda's engagement photos, it appears they believe she will live on Jim's planet in the afterlife.  So what happens to poor (hot) Ben here?  All alone?  (How do they not see the very obvious holes in their beliefs??)

• Love 6

They explained that wife #1 (Suzie I think) is studying to be a nurse and had exams, so she couldn't stay home and help with the kids.  It's also my understanding that Marina is usually the one that stays home with all the kids, so Beth wasn't used to it and overwhelmed while Marina was at the hospital in labor.

• Love 1

Okay, I think I confused the Morrisons with the Fosters originally.  The name of the thread "sister wives who actually like each other" made me think it was Enoch's wives, since they actually DO seem to like each other.  It was pretty clear from this episode that Beth and Marina can't stand each other.  Only Suzie is happy and she probably ignores the other two half the time!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Lopethina said:

Anazella, Jim's other widow, is Lillian Foster's sister.

I KNEW we had a wreath. I thought it was gonna really be the [so-not-happening] re-marrying your dead husband’s brother that brought it all ‘round, but we don’t even need that:

(I’m not checking any of this, so hopefully I’ve got the names with the right people/right people married to each other... this is NOT a humblebrag; I kind of hate myself for presumably knowing this by now).

So Lilian is Enoch’s wife. Enoch is Melinda’s sibling. Melinda is Anazella’s sisterwife. And Anazella is Lilian’s sibling? (Pop goes the weasel). So is Anazella Enoch’s sister[wife]-in-law times two? (Or, his sister-in-law via Lilian (ie, sibling of spouse) and his sisterwife-in-law via Melinda (ie, [sister]spouse of his sister))? 

So, if six of Bob Foster’s brood stayed with polygamy, that’s three of them: do we know who the other three are/if they’re on Rockland Ranch or are among the ones who’ve moved to civilization? (I think in the descriptive blurbs in one of the photojournals from 2013 or 2016, I saw mention of at least two other Foster children (add that to my list with Jim Morrison, et al, as names/terms I trip over on this show) who live there and/but are in monogamous marriages (and don’t believe polygamy is for them).

I guess that explains how Enoch became “the leader”: he’s likely the oldest [or only] male Bob Foster child remaining, and the women are equal enough to have eighty kids AND have careers that require significant education and practice but not equal enough to lead an apocalyptic cult or have three spouses to lead their own planet.

Second mystery (to me: maybe they stated this outright and I forgot): where did Jim and Abel Morrison (and, others, if there are?) come from?

(Third mystery: I think Abel said that Jim’s was the first body to be buried in the cemetery on the land*. Where’d they stash ol’ Bob Foster after his first prophecy of ten years left turned out to be wrong? In the same place they put the logical reasoning that lets them have prophecy after prophecy proven false while still toiling away to keep those 3.5 years of pre-apocalypse food ready for that prophecy, which is TOTES gonna be correct?)

*To not be totally negative: I have serious admiration for people who work that hard and must possess such a wide array of skills to do what they do there.

Because it’s not in my nature to end with a positive: why do all the British import documentaries have to re-voiceover the narrator with one with an American accent? This one stands out especially as I can’t think of a show (at least, American) that’s used such 80’s-classroom-documentary-film narration in at least the last few years: seems like that’s been all but replaced by THs or VOs given by cast members themselves, not some detached random voice guy, so it makes it feel really dated, and I thought it was going to have aired in the U.K. much longer ago.

• Love 4

What was Marina expecting, exactly? She knew Abel already had two wives!

I yelled at my teevee quite a bit during this show. The husbands infuriate me with their smug attitudes. "Well, if God calls me to take another wife, I'm sure I'll find a way to deal with it". Gag. Yeah dude, you're just like Solomon. Goodness, having 24 hour access to, and total control over, several young, attractive women is so haaarrd. Don't even get me started on those poor brainwashed women. And they really believe that sharing their one husband is the best they can aspire to in life? Ick.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:37 PM, Madding crowd said:

Among the other things that bother me: what gives these men the right to have three or four wives and deny four other men the opportunity to get married? Maybe those guys want a wife, kids and planet too! It’s all ego driven.

Yes, this. In fundamentalist LDS communities the boys are often kicked to the curb as teens, outcast, because there aren't enough women to go around. They have no education and no skills, a lot of them fall prey to addiction. They're actually called the Lost Boys. Its horrifically sad.

• Love 5

I think my favorite part was non-polygamist husband and wife. His explaining on why they weren't but if the opportunity came up or if God called them it well they would talk about it and probably do it while his wife's expression the whole time was hell no, there is no way I am agreeing to that ever. Nope. Not happening.  Why does their daughter have to ask to court? Why can't they just date? Their young teens. Let them date and have fun and see where it goes and what they want.

I don't really get what Marina thought either during the courtship and marrying Abel. She knew he had two other wives. Was she expecting him to ditch them? Not to have to do anything with them? She really seems to resent them and want him all to himself. Beth's clearly not happy.  She definitely wasn't happy that Abel was off with Marina during the birth.

I don't really understand why Abel has to marry his brother's wives. I understand his brother wanting him to watch out and help his family after he's gone of course he'd promise that. He wants to make sure his wives and kids are okay after he's gone. I don't understand why he has to marry them. Why can't he like others have pointed out just check in on them from time to time or suggest they move closer so he and his family can help them out. It was weird. Its 2017 (or when ever this was filmed) not 1817 when widows had a lot less options. I do like the two widows turning him down and deciding to stay together. Talking about his brother or them talking about their husband felt so real. I felt for them then. I did feel bad for Anazella she seemed to really like the guy she was dating. 

I did like that we seem to be getting the truth. What the families are like, what the husbands and wives are like. I did love the two toddlers dancing on the island and that moment everyone looked like they were having fun. The kids wanting to see the picture of their new brother. Abel's attempt to get his wives not to go on the trip I loved their response to that. Pointing out all the trips he gets to go on, the dates and everything. He really quiet down after that. I loved seen the three wives going off together.  The kids really are cute.   

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, this. In fundamentalist LDS communities the boys are often kicked to the curb as teens, outcast, because there aren't enough women to go around. They have no education and no skills, a lot of them fall prey to addiction. They're actually called the Lost Boys. Its horrifically sad.

Yes, I saw that on a documentary about Jeffs.  Their fathers just dump them someplace along the road. Its very tragic & sad when they had no choice in the matter. 

2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I think my favorite part was non-polygamist husband and wife. His explaining on why they weren't but if the opportunity came up or if God called them it well they would talk about it and probably do it while his wife's expression the whole time was hell no, there is no way I am agreeing to that ever. Nope. Not happening.  Why does their daughter have to ask to court? Why can't they just date? Their young teens. Let them date and have fun and see where it goes and what they want.

I don't really get what Marina thought either during the courtship and marrying Abel. She knew he had two other wives. Was she expecting him to ditch them? Not to have to do anything with them? She really seems to resent them and want him all to himself. Beth's clearly not happy.  She definitely wasn't happy that Abel was off with Marina during the birth.

I don't really understand why Abel has to marry his brother's wives. I understand his brother wanting him to watch out and help his family after he's gone of course he'd promise that. He wants to make sure his wives and kids are okay after he's gone. I don't understand why he has to marry them. Why can't he like others have pointed out just check in on them from time to time or suggest they move closer so he and his family can help them out. It was weird. Its 2017 (or when ever this was filmed) not 1817 when widows had a lot less options. I do like the two widows turning him down and deciding to stay together. Talking about his brother or them talking about their husband felt so real. I felt for them then. I did feel bad for Anazella she seemed to really like the guy she was dating. 

I did like that we seem to be getting the truth. What the families are like, what the husbands and wives are like. I did love the two toddlers dancing on the island and that moment everyone looked like they were having fun. The kids wanting to see the picture of their new brother. Abel's attempt to get his wives not to go on the trip I loved their response to that. Pointing out all the trips he gets to go on, the dates and everything. He really quiet down after that. I loved seen the three wives going off together.  The kids really are cute.   

I missed this totally!!  I watched the show, I swear!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It used to be something you'd see in some Jewish customs if a widow was left not just alone but also without children as otherwise she had no claim to her husband's estate and basically no means of supporting herself.

It's typically called a Levirate marriage. (You can read more here if you're interested https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/levirate-marriage-and-halitzah) and pertained to the tradition of the wife not having anyway to carry on her husband's name basically, unless she were to have a son as genetically close as possible to her deceased husband.

There's actually even a Hallmark movie from about a decade ago on the topic called Loving Leah.

It actually plays into the whole story of the book of Ruth in the Old Testament because Naomi tells her daughters-in-law to leave because it's not like she still has sons in her womb who they could marry, which would leave Ruth and Orpah basically in dire straits (some references here, for instance - just a snippet quoted here the broader context is in the link http://www.womenintheancientworld.com/ruth, naomi and levirite marriage.htm)

Dying without a son to continue both his name and his life was considered by the Hebrews a particularly terrible tragedy.  A brother or cousin could inherit the deceased's property only by marrying his widow and offering her a chance to produce a son with genes as close as possible to those of her husband.  Monogamy was the ideal but polygamy was acceptable; thus a prior marriage was not a hindrance, but the kinsman would need both the resources and the desire to support a new wife.

We need not bemoan the misfortune of a woman forced into marriage with a man who could have been a stranger.  It was the widow who initiated the proceeding, not the kinsman, and the marriage not only gave her the opportunity to have children but it also meant food, clothing and shelter that might otherwise have been hard to find.

The widow first had to claim her right to what was called a Levirate Marriage.  There was, of course, an order of precedence with the oldest brother of the deceased first in line.  If he refused then the second brother could accept.  Then came the opportunity of other male relatives in their turn.  She made the decision to marry, but then had to accept the first man on the list who said yes.

While levirate marriage is not really practiced today, in Orthodox Jewish traditions it seems most still feel that the 'halitzah/chalitzah' ceremony releasing the obligation to marry should be performed.

Doing some googling on levirate marriage and the FLDS / polygamy (which yes, is different than this situation since Moroni Morrison's wives had children, but still sort of 'loosely' along the same lines in their culture in seems, since they feel the wives sort of need a 'covering') it seems like some polygamous folks still draw on that principle as a thread in their justification since in while it wasn't preferred historically in Judaism an already married brother could take his brother's window in levirate marriage if that was the only option.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

There was another episode--I missed it too! I watched it later on demand. 

I'm so confused.  I watched the first episode- Welcome to the Rock and the second episode- Baby Makes 12.  I didn't see that stuff on either of them. 

I guess I could've missed it.......   

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

I'm so confused.  I watched the first episode- Welcome to the Rock and the second episode- Baby Makes 12.  I didn't see that stuff on either of them. 

I guess I could've missed it.......   

I didn't see this either.  I have a feeling this is an episode that did not air yet that the poster saw online.

• Love 2
On 3/18/2018 at 7:51 PM, Christi said:

The title of this thread...do ya'all really think the wives like each other? I don't believe it for one second

I was just about to say the same thing.  Wives #2 and #3 obviously haven't been able to get along in a while.  #1 doesn't seem to have outward hatred for the other two.

Abel Morrison seems like a goofball.  

• Love 4

Agree wives 2 and 3 ( Beth and Marina?) Are not happy they both look depressed. These people are so different than the Browns of Las Vegas. At least their polygamy is rooted in their faith. Kody and family have given up all semblance of them being spiritual.

Although I'm sure the place is full of critters and scorpions and all kinds of other desert creatures, you got admit it looks like a fun place for a 6 to 12 year old kid to grow up in. Places to hike, always somebody to play with, swimming pools, etc. 

On 3/21/2018 at 8:15 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

My DVR didn't catch it, but when I watched the first one it asked me if I wanted to see the next one. I didn't have time so I caught it that night on demand.

Same here. I think I early watched Sunday night's episode because on demand offered it.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1

I like it that Enoch focused back on his two nice wives and his current children and seemed willing to chill on the courting thing for a while.  It was premature of him to involve all the children with the courting process that didn't work out.

• Love 2

I watch a lot of reality tv and know it goes a lot of the time.  I find it interesting that Trevor is a "personal trainer" and has never felt for anyone (even his ex-wife??) like he does for Anazella.  Hhhmmmm..........

• Love 1

This episode was boring for me because it happened two years ago and I already looked them all up on social media to find out what happened. 

BUT I want to know more about why these two wives were considered the "bad sister wives" and hear about that instance when Anazella pushed Melinda! Spill it ladies! 

• Love 2

They seem well spoken and the community is so self sufficient and NOT bleeding the beast. I like it that they explain their religion.  Pretty interesting show. I was reluctant to watch it after slogging through the Brown's drama, but I'm glad I did.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

How long has Jim been gone??  Anazella is in love already and Melinda is still considering marrying Abe??

It had only been 6  months when Anazella brought Trevor around. I thought that was CRAZY soon. I've been with my husband 12 years and if he died, I don't know that I'd EVER want to move on. She seemed devastated at his funeral, but I did wonder how she could move on so quickly. Then again, maybe it was desperation not to end up as Abe's 5th wife. 

• Love 2

I mentioned this in another thread, but I was floored by how quickly after her husband's death Anazella was dating someone else. It had only been 6 months. I can't imagine even being ready to LOOK at another guy so soon after my husband died. She seemed devastated at Jim's funeral, but then she's suddenly in love with a trainer she met online??? 

I had to wonder if it was just desperation not to be stuck with Abe. I know Jim said they could make their own choice, but he also really did seem to want them to go to his brother. Maybe she saw both Abe and Melinda really considering it and freaked out? 

While I could never live plural marriage, I respect it as a valid choice for consenting adults, but some of it just gives me a headache. I don't see why these women have to go to ANYONE. They're not property. It's not like we live in hunter-gatherer times where women and children literally depend on men to feed them. Can't these women just be widows and live their lives? What makes the the most sad is thinking about the kids who have been raised as brother and sister (as they are) for all these years. What if Anazella goes off with one dude, and Melinda goes to Abel (I realize this is moot, as neither one of them are with Abe presently)? What happens to the kids? And how do you marry another husband when your soul is pledged to eternity with the first? "We can hang out for the next 50 years; but once I die, it's peace out!" 

I thought Marina was a real bitch to break down crying about the prospect of Melinda joining the family....in front of Melinda! I know that the idea of another wife freaks her out and I get it, but the woman's husband just died! Her world has been turned upside down and she's just trying to figure out what is right for her. Don't make it all about your, Marina!

• Love 6

It's funny how different perspectives can be. I just see her as a selfish brat. This is the same woman who calls her husband during his time with the other wives and starts fights with him, effectively ruining the time for everyone. I understand that sharing your husband is hard, but you chose this. I just feel like she's ALWAYS sobbing. She needs to put on her big girl panties and deal with it, or do some re-evaluating of her life. 

• Love 8
On 3/20/2018 at 1:08 AM, Spiderella2 said:

The way she explained it, their second marrriage will not be sealed. So the wives and children end up with Jim. By marrying her dead husbands brother, any new kids will end up on the same planet with Jim and their other kids

That is what I understood too.  Which is confusing bc I thought one of the main points of plural marriage is the need for men to have many children to “populate their planet in the afterlife” because that is how they get closest to God.  So husband #2 would not be sealed and any children he made with a widow would not be on his planet so why would would any man marry a widow as he’s better off with a young, never married woman who can populate his planet.  Also confused by Abel’s lackadaisical attitude about the potential of one of his wives to leave if he took on more wives because I thought divorce was a big no-no.  If there is a divorce do the spouses end up on the same planet in the afterlife hating the shit out of each other? Like many religions, so confusing and so many contradictions.

I find some of the comments about Marina and Beth being overwhelmed when taking care of the children kind of funny because states have childcare regulations and 1 adult taking care of 12 children like they are doing isn’t allowed.  I would have loved to see  more footage of Abel taking care of those 12 kids for 4 days.  

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I find some of the comments about Marina and Beth being overwhelmed when taking care of the children kind of funny because states have childcare regulations and 1 adult taking care of 12 children like they are doing isn’t allowed.  I would have loved to see  more footage of Abel taking care of those 12 kids for 4 days.

It all depends on the age of the youngest kid. When I used to work in daycare, if the youngest child was below 12 months, you could only have 4 per teacher. If the youngest was 1-2, you could have 6. At age 2, I had a classroom full of 11 kids. When I taught 3-year-olds, I could have 15. 

I'm not sure how old their youngest was before Marina had the baby, but unless it was two, then yea - one parent with all 12 kids would not be allowed in a daycare setting. That being said, it's soooo different with your own kids. I feel like wrangling a classroom full of 11 two-year-olds was infinitely easier to staying home with my 3 kids all day. At least when you're teaching you know you're getting out at the end of the day!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It's funny how different perspectives can be. I just see her as a selfish brat. This is the same woman who calls her husband during his time with the other wives and starts fights with him, effectively ruining the time for everyone. I understand that sharing your husband is hard, but you chose this. I just feel like she's ALWAYS sobbing. She needs to put on her big girl panties and deal with it, or do some re-evaluating of her life. 

This is how I see her too. She does all of that but is very protective of her time with Abel. Hey, Marina, if you didn't want sisterwives don't marry a man with two wives. Pick someone else.  Find a man who isn't interested in plural life.        

• Love 10
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I mentioned this in another thread, but I was floored by how quickly after her husband's death Anazella was dating someone else. It had only been 6 months. I can't imagine even being ready to LOOK at another guy so soon after my husband died. She seemed devastated at Jim's funeral, but then she's suddenly in love with a trainer she met online??? 

I had to wonder if it was just desperation not to be stuck with Abe. I know Jim said they could make their own choice, but he also really did seem to want them to go to his brother. Maybe she saw both Abe and Melinda really considering it and freaked out? 

It really was fast. I can't imagine being ready to even look at another guy so soon let alone be dating one. She really sounded like she was in love with trainer. Talking about how she was feeling and hadn't felt that way since Jim. Maybe it was desperation? Or maybe he was a rebound guy? I don't know. It seemed very fast.  I did feel for her when she said it didn't work out. He never came back after that one visit.     

While I could never live plural marriage, I respect it as a valid choice for consenting adults, but some of it just gives me a headache. I don't see why these women have to go to ANYONE. They're not property. It's not like we live in hunter-gatherer times where women and children literally depend on men to feed them. Can't these women just be widows and live their lives? What makes the the most sad is thinking about the kids who have been raised as brother and sister (as they are) for all these years. What if Anazella goes off with one dude, and Melinda goes to Abel (I realize this is moot, as neither one of them are with Abe presently)? What happens to the kids? And how do you marry another husband when your soul is pledged to eternity with the first? "We can hang out for the next 50 years; but once I die, it's peace out!" 

I thought Marina was a real bitch to break down crying about the prospect of Melinda joining the family....in front of Melinda! I know that the idea of another wife freaks her out and I get it, but the woman's husband just died! Her world has been turned upside down and she's just trying to figure out what is right for her. Don't make it all about your, Marina!

I really don't understand this part either. There's no reason for them to have to marry Abel. They don't have to remarry if they don't want to. They can work and take care of their kids. What does happen if Anazella marries someone else? Her kids move away from their brothers and sisters? That would suck. How about marrying someone and not spending eternity with them? Nope, they'll be back with their first husband and your on your own.   

• Love 1

I never understood this whole planet business.

If a man marries and his wife or wives go to live with him on his own planet after death, what happens to their children?  Where do they live after death? 

At first I thought that their Earthly children join them after death, but if the son of one poly Morman man and the daughter of another marry and have kids, where do they go after death?  And what about their children?  And the children from generations after that?

• Love 5

Yea, I don't get the planets as far as kids go. Because I thought the whole idea was for a man to have tons of wives and kids So his planet will be ROCKIN. 

But where do your kids go? Maybe the father has a big planet with smaller outlying planets? But then, isn't he on HIS father's planet? If, like the Brown kids, they don't choose polygamy, they don't go to planet Disney at all, right? It's so confusing. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, B3cky50 said:

Did you see wife #1 doing sign language at Jim's grave! Do they have a deaf child?? I find these families so much more fascinating than Kody Brown's tribe. 

And these women have WAY better hair.  Enoch's wives would have given Crystal Gale a run for her money.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It really was fast. I can't imagine being ready to even look at another guy so soon let alone be dating one. She really sounded like she was in love with trainer. Talking about how she was feeling and hadn't felt that way since Jim. Maybe it was desperation? Or maybe he was a rebound guy? I don't know. It seemed very fast.  I did feel for her when she said it didn't work out. He never came back after that one visit.     

I really don't understand this part either. There's no reason for them to have to marry Abel. They don't have to remarry if they don't want to. They can work and take care of their kids. What does happen if Anazella marries someone else? Her kids move away from their brothers and sisters? That would suck. How about marrying someone and not spending eternity with them? Nope, they'll be back with their first husband and your on your own.   

I didn't hear that part!!   When did she say that?

She said they went camping and he said that He wasn’t sure about exposing his daughters to Annazelle’s lifestyle and having to explain it.  Can’t remember if she specifically said it was soon after his visit, but that’s the impression I got.  I think there was text at the bottom of the screen stating he never visited the the rock again.  I felt a little sorry for her.  He said he was married, divorced and has dated a lot.  I imagine she only courted Jim so was very inexperienced in addition to being in a vulnerable place.

• Love 2

I think it was the first episode or maybe the one 2 Sundays ago, but the one couple who had a teenage daughter who wanted to start courting and the teenage boy asked her dad?  They made a point of saying they only had the one teenage daughter.  I just came across this article about Rockland Ranch and it shows her holding a baby that the article says is her baby.  So that would make 2 kids.  I know the documentary was filmed around 2014-2015 which is enough time to have another child, but this article was from November 2012.  Weird.  Scroll down to pic #10.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Abel Morrison seems like a goofball.  

I think he's attractive in a dorky sort of way, and funny.  I bet he'd be a fun husband.  If he didn't already have three wives. 

His brother had a little bit of a Chris Pratt thing going on in one of the photos they showed

• Love 1
On 3/25/2018 at 11:40 PM, Lynn said:

They seem well spoken and the community is so self sufficient and NOT bleeding the beast. I like it that they explain their religion.  Pretty interesting show. I was reluctant to watch it after slogging through the Brown's drama, but I'm glad I did.

Do we know that?  (Haven't done a deep dive on these people and missed the second episode).  It would surprise me if all those (legally) unwed mothers were NOT accepting what benefits they qualify for (even if within their belief system they are married).  If they refuse all outside assistance, good for them.

But I'm not sure how somebody in construction (or whatever line of work he does) supports that many people even with two wives working. Enough to keep them in bread and cheese?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kassa said:

Do we know that?  (Haven't done a deep dive on these people and missed the second episode).  It would surprise me if all those (legally) unwed mothers were NOT accepting what benefits they qualify for (even if within their belief system they are married).  If they refuse all outside assistance, good for them.

But I'm not sure how somebody in construction (or whatever line of work he does) supports that many people even with two wives working. Enough to keep them in bread and cheese?

I'm pretty sure I read (after googling Rockland Ranch) that the founder created it to be self-sufficient.  They use solar panels and grow food, too.  

• Love 1