Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Nobody Else Is Dying

(edited)
On 3/31/2018 at 9:56 AM, possibilities said:

I think basically that the show is showing how lives are destroyed by the system, and how hard it is to reverse the trend once it starts.

Perrhaps you are being a bit to generous in thinking there has been an overall theme for the show, but that certainly works as a broader lens through which to view the show.  

For some reason, I can watch this show, be completely behind Annalise (Viola may have something to do with it) and cheer for the kids and Bonnie, although sometimes only politely for Frank (and then only because he's well intended in protecting the whole gang, but a bit of a simpleton, murdering doofus). I do find it a bit ridiculous to try to rank the kiddos on who is the worst, who is the least culpable, etc. And talk of a moral high-ground among any of them is silly! They all suck! 

I'm not sure why, but I love watching this show....I cackle with glee at the insanity and ridiculousness of it all and root for the home team, if you will.  And yet, I didn't watch Breaking Bad, have no interest in rooting for him in that story even though all critics says it is one of the best dramas, and I'm sure they are right.  I guess with all the suck in the world, I choose not to delve into real darkness when I'm looking for entertainment these days.

So, I think I love it because it has always been just a wild ride these guys are on that just bears no relationship to reality.  It's like a caper film where the caper, rather than being a brilliant robbery, is digging out from another murder once or twice a season. Along the way, because of Viola, and the actress playing Bonnie, and others......we get real moments with fantastic actors that are an unexpected bonus in a caper.

So, to sum up, it's my little caper murder show, and I'm not really expecting anything more from it than that. I'm not looking for deep meaning from it; just a great time binge-watching (and that's the way to watch it, in my opinion) crazy stories with good actors and an occasional gut-punch of a story along the way.  

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 4/4/2018 at 2:26 AM, pennben said:

And talk of a moral high-ground among any of them is silly! They all suck! 

For me, this is one of the themes of the show. Every one of these characters is morally compromised. The fun in watching - at least for me - is seeing them constantly renegotiate which lines they will and won't cross.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 6
On 3/15/2018 at 11:04 PM, Jeopardy15 said:

Soooooo, who cute son is that?

It's likely Bonnie's.

On 3/15/2018 at 11:09 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Well, for a potential series finale, it did end pretty happily for everyone. Connor's reapplying to law school (and the surprise that he flunked out)......

It's crazy to nitpick on a show like this, but the idea that Connor flunked out kinda stuck me as odd. They were ALL in the bottom 5, but last I checked he & Micheala was the highest. (based on their rankings when he was considering transferring to Stanford, the fact that they were the only 2 acceoted as K5 based solely on academics & the fact that he scored a 91 on his midterm final.) I also would have expected his dad to say the regstrar alerted him that Connor flunked out, but he doesn't). It can't be based on lack of an internship, because Asher doesn't have one either. It struck me as an odd & unnecessary detail.

On 3/15/2018 at 11:31 PM, Shai617 said:

Am I the only one that think it’s Nate and Bonnie son? Call me crazy. I think they knew each other when Bonnie was young and in the judicial system. Far fetched possibly, but this show has so many twists and turns. 

Nate was never in the judicial system. He father was.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:49 PM, secnarf said:

Well, it's obviously not from Bonnie...

Am I missing something here? What is going to stop Simon from shouting from the rooftops what really happened that night? He can try to cut a deal with ICE to stay in the country, maybe try that whistleblower angle, apply for refugee status, etc. I don't see how reporting him to ICE to get him deported solves anything.

It's literally his word against the K5 an he has zero evidence to prove otherwise. On the other hand they have the stuff they planted on his computer that frames him.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:37 PM, Guy Caballaro said:

When Nate was reading Bonnie’s file, weren’t there clippings on top about her abuse by a school janitor? I assumed that the kid was a result of that encounter, or another of her abusers.

Yes. My guess is Denver did some digging and the identity of thee father of Bonnie's child is in those files. 

On 3/16/2018 at 11:40 PM, secnarf said:

I had no idea law school was only 3 years! What will they do when the K5 graduate (if they graduate)? I guess it will be set up more like this season than previous.

If Bonnie has no idea who the father is, how in the world does Frank know enough to recognize the child on sight?

I think that is why the show has been slowly moving away from the Law school setting. I could easily see AK setting up shop. After all she now has 63 cases that need new trials. The show could introduce another senor associate, the K5 (except for Laurel) could become her interns, Oliver her IT person. They graduate and become junior partners.

I suspect Nate & Frank may be in cahoots. They both seem to care for Bonnie and Nate seems to have grown a backbone this season. He kept those files because he knows he needs to keep an ace up his sleeve where AK is concerned. They probably checked up to see what happened to the kid, finding him alive and well, decided to let sleeping dogs lie until the kid just so happened to enroll at Middleton.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, Bama said:

Missing in this discussion - who was Frank calling to report that "Looks like the good times didn't last long.  Her kid's here"?

Frank knows the kid's name - Gabriel Maddox and whoever he is calling is in their circle in some way if Frank is referring to the"good time" being short lived.

If we take the ending scenes as all happening in the same time frame -

-not Annalise - she's on the radio and then she's rocking and singing to baby Christopher

-not Laurel - she's freaking out over arm scratches in the shower

-not Nate - he's going through everyone else's dirt

-not Denver - dead

-not Jorge - jail

-not Bonnie - Frank would say "your kid" not "her kid"

We don't see the following in the ending montage -

-Michaela

-Connor

-Asher

-Oliver

Who the heck is Frank calling?

My guess is Nate. *see above.

On 3/17/2018 at 3:56 PM, Keepitmoving said:

Asher is a cheater, he was messing around with some girl we never saw when he was with Bonnie . She confronted him about it. She wanted to know why he started to stand her up and that's when they discussed some girl he was messing with.

No that was the girl that was raped at Asher's party. Sinclair sent him her picture because she was blackmailing him into snitching on AK, Bonnie saw the picture and assumed it was another coed he was seeing.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:49 AM, Gillian Rosh said:

possibilities, your comment reminds me that I just marvel at how Nate not only still hangs around Anna and the K4, when she framed him for Sam's murder, while the rest of them tacitly co-signed it. At the very least, he should be letting them twist in the wind every time they get into a new predicament. 

I think that's why he kept Denver's files.  Bonnie & Nate always say they can't stay away from AK. I think Nate has finally realized he needs to have a little insurance in case she makes him the fall guy again. 

On 4/3/2018 at 3:10 PM, Ireland77 said:

Honestly ... why do people keep forgetting that Wes killed Sam in self-defense (of others)???  It's not the same thing as the rest of the  things listed.  We also have no idea whether or not Laurel killed her mom.  You did forget to list that Bonnie killed Rebecca.

Wes killed Sam in self defense of Rebecca, the first of his unbelievable pairings.

10 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

I think that's why he kept Denver's files.  Bonnie & Nate always say they can't stay away from AK. I think Nate has finally realized he needs to have a little insurance in case she makes him the fall guy again. 

If this ends up being the case, Nate will become 100% more interesting to me.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/16/2018 at 10:52 AM, showme said:

DACA has nothing to do with Simon, he is not a child immigrant brought to the US by his parents.....

Yes he is. He told Oliver he was in episode 4x7. His parents sent him to the US from Pakistan to visit his cousins when he was 4 years old. He was hoping C & G would offer him a job and he could use that to support his visa application. In fact it was Oliver's ideal to frame Simon which is why they planted info about Antares in his PC.  They were going to have Simon take the fall for the thief of the Antares files and then have him claim whistle blower status. It's the same twisted logic that had AK framing Nate for Sam's murder because she was sure she could get Eve to prove him innocent.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 2