Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Dead Hand

On ‎29‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 7:16 AM, Irlandesa said:

I'm surprised Phillip responded to the signal, though.

He is taught to do it, he can't do it. Besides, whether he likes to do what he is asked, he wants to learn what it is.

Besides, it's the part of the usual adventure of the hero that he is at first reluctant.

• Love 2
On ‎29‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 3:23 PM, JFParnell said:

Time jump wasn't as jarring, for longtime viewers, as I thought it would be. 

Not in the plot.

However, I would like to learn what Elizabeth has thought about f.ex. Chernobyl disaster, not to speak of all the things that has been revealed about the Soviet Union and its history under perestroika.

• Love 1
On ‎29‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 5:50 PM, kokapetl said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I don’t like Oleg. He didn’t do the hard work that the Jennings did, but he knows best.

It's true that P&E had done the hard work, but they have always followed orders what and they have never known the "big picture". We have seen that their superiors have lied to them (the lassa fever wasn't used as revenge after the US had detroyed the Soviet Union with atom bombs but in Afghanistan).

Instead, Oleg's did know the "big picture" when he made his decision to tell Stan about the Soviet spy. 

However, in this case it was Arkady who knows the "big picture" and he convinced Oleg to go.

BTV, regarding Oleg's father who was (is?) the Minister of Railways. In 1983 Lennart Meri said to his Finnish friends: "It will not take ten years until the Soviet Union will collapse. The railways dont work." Meri had written books and made documentary films about minority peoples of the Soviet Union and travelled a lot in the country. Later, he became a President of Estonia.            

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, sacrebleu said:

Fun historical/ geography fact! Paige was prob. staked out in Cleveland Park/Woodley Park. If she was a few blocks away from the Naval Observatory and a block from a great Chinese restaurant that was a place for some high-level US-Soviet meetings.  It all checks. There was a restaurant-- closed about 5 years ago-- called Ivy's (or something) that was known as a good neutral meeting place among diplomats.   Although I chuckle to think of that area referred to as a 'bad neighborhood.' It's gentrification city now-- can't buy a one bedroom condo for less than 400K these days.

That was always a good neighborhood.