Type keyword(s) to search

Wyatt Cenac's Problem Areas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"So what is this show," I wondered when I saw a brief mention of it in a "coming up on HBO" ad. According to Splitsider:

HBO has ordered 10 episodes of the series, which takes “a satirical look at social and cultural issues from Cenac’s unique perspective. Rather than sit behind a desk, he will undertake a journey to understand some of the big issues of the moment and investigate real-world solutions.” 

It sounds a little bit like W. Kamau Bell's "United Shades of America" from that description? Or the new Sarah Silverman show (which I will admit I haven't seen because I don't have Hulu).

This was different, and I really liked it. The change in the style/format is really good, and I think it brings a new perspective that we need - all the 'talking heads as usual' are exhausting, even though I love them all. Tell the story a different way, and maybe a few more people will start to get it.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2018 at 12:14 AM, saoirse said:

This was different, and I really liked it. The change in the style/format is really good, and I think it brings a new perspective that we need - all the 'talking heads as usual' are exhausting, even though I love them all. Tell the story a different way, and maybe a few more people will start to get it.

This is why I’m hoping J Stew comes back but in a different format.

He lost me with his opening bit about private space exploration.  Though I do understand the anxiety of the future being planned while excluding large numbers of people, I just didn’t find his argument compelling or even coherent.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:04 PM, revbfc said:

He lost me with his opening bit about private space exploration.  Though I do understand the anxiety of the future being planned while excluding large numbers of people, I just didn’t find his argument compelling or even coherent.

Maybe five the show more than one segment to figure out if you stick with it?

5 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

Maybe five the show more than one segment to figure out if you stick with it?

Perhaps you’re  right.  Maybe I really should “five” the show more than one segment.

• LOL 1

This makes me irrationally happy today.
‘Wyatt Cenac’s Problem Areas’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO

HBO has ordered a second season of late-night series Wyatt Cenac’s Problem Areas.

“We’re so thrilled to have such a relevant, thought-provoking and sharply funny show on the network,” said Nina Rosenstein, EVP HBO Programming. “We’re all looking forward to seeing what problem areas Wyatt and his team decide to tackle next season.”

• Love 1

I like sweet potato fries. ?

Good to hear Wyatt got a second season. He’s living up to the standards set up by Jon Stewart’s other disciples. The asides help, but he’s good at deep-diving as well.