Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Strong Medicine

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:17 PM, Liamsmom617 said:

Didn’t Rosa Blasi play Kerry Weaver’s firefighter wife on “ER”?

No, that was Lisa Vidal as Sandy Lopez.

• Like 1

I wish this show had every season out on DVD or that it was streaming somewhere. It was very popular on Lifetime. I was 15 when it went off the air. 

Lu, Lana, and Peter were awesome. I liked Andy, too.

I always liked the episode where Justina Machado (killing it on Netflix's One Day at a Time) played the mom of the kids who got Lyme disease from a tick off a stray dog. The poor little girl got mauled by the dog she named Justin Timberlake. 

And I always loved the group chat at the beginning of episodes. 

• Like 3

On 3/22/2018 at 6:56 PM, ShortyMac said:

I wish this show had every season out on DVD or that it was streaming somewhere. It was very popular on Lifetime. I was 15 when it went off the air. 

Lu, Lana, and Peter were awesome. I liked Andy, too.

I always liked the episode where Justina Machado (killing it on Netflix's One Day at a Time) played the mom of the kids who got Lyme disease from a tick off a stray dog. The poor little girl got mauled by the dog she named Justin Timberlake. 

And I always loved the group chat at the beginning of episodes. 

So glad there's another fan of this show besides me! I liked everyone you mentioned especially Lu..I couldn't stand Dana though she was too cold for my liking and she really made me so angry when she accused Lu of lying after she was raped I couldn't believe it at first.

I think there's a big difference between Dana/Lu and to Andy/Lu. I definitely think that Andy and Lu had a way better rapport then Dana/Lu ever did, sure not at the beginning of course, but I mean over time,,I could see the huge difference. I loved Andy/Lu better as partners and of course they had things in common like being mothers so I think that helped their friendship and partnership be better. I too wish it was streaming as well. Although I have Season 1 on DVD.

Edited by ESS
  • Like 3

On 4/14/2018 at 1:35 PM, PepSinger said:

I loved this show as well. I wish Lifetime would show it again.

I don't think we'll ever see Strong Medicine back on TV again unfortunately and especially since Lifetime is total crap now and has changed so much and all they have on is reality shows.

Edited by ESS
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 12:01 AM, ESS said:

has changed so much and all they have on is reality shows.

And godawful movies. Though to their credit, the ones based off of real life incidents are pretty good. The others border on parody of everything about Lifetime--"Stalked By My Mother/Father/Sibling/Child/Dentist/Dog".

On 11/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm looking forward to it. I liked this show.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 10:17 PM, Liamsmom617 said:

Didn’t Rosa Blasi play Kerry Weaver’s firefighter wife on “ER”?

No, but she played the mom on "The Thundermans".

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, Camille said:

And godawful movies. Though to their credit, the ones based off of real life incidents are pretty good. The others border on parody of everything about Lifetime--"Stalked By My Mother/Father/Sibling/Child/Dentist/Dog".

I'm looking forward to it. I liked this show.

It's already on Start TV, and it's at 9 PM.

• Like 1

I love that SM is airing on TV once again. It is like seeing a long-lost friend. :) Like I said above, the show ended when I was fifteen. Now, I'm 28, and so many of the story lines are just as relevant, if not more so today than they were in 2000-06. 

To say I have missed these characters is an understatement. Lu, Lana, and Peter. <3

• Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 12:13 AM, ShortyMac said:

I love that SM is airing on TV once again. It is like seeing a long-lost friend. 🙂 Like I said above, the show ended when I was fifteen. Now, I'm 28, and so many of the story lines are just as relevant, if not more so today than they were in 2000-06. 

To say I have missed these characters is an understatement. Lu, Lana, and Peter. ❤️

It’s now gone from Start TV as of April 28th.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

It’s now gone from Start TV as of April 28th.

Well, that's a bummer. 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

Well, that's a bummer. 😞

It is indeed a bummer. What happened was that it probably either flopped really badly in the primetime ratings, or there was some sort of contract for only a couple of months.

• Like 1