Type keyword(s) to search

Strong Medicine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wish this show had every season out on DVD or that it was streaming somewhere. It was very popular on Lifetime. I was 15 when it went off the air. 

Lu, Lana, and Peter were awesome. I liked Andy, too.

I always liked the episode where Justina Machado (killing it on Netflix's One Day at a Time) played the mom of the kids who got Lyme disease from a tick off a stray dog. The poor little girl got mauled by the dog she named Justin Timberlake. 

And I always loved the group chat at the beginning of episodes. 

• Love 3
On 3/22/2018 at 6:56 PM, ShortyMac said:

I wish this show had every season out on DVD or that it was streaming somewhere. It was very popular on Lifetime. I was 15 when it went off the air. 

Lu, Lana, and Peter were awesome. I liked Andy, too.

I always liked the episode where Justina Machado (killing it on Netflix's One Day at a Time) played the mom of the kids who got Lyme disease from a tick off a stray dog. The poor little girl got mauled by the dog she named Justin Timberlake. 

And I always loved the group chat at the beginning of episodes. 

So glad there's another fan of this show besides me! I liked everyone you mentioned especially Lu..I couldn't stand Dana though she was too cold for my liking and she really made me so angry when she accused Lu of lying after she was raped I couldn't believe it at first.

I think there's a big difference between Dana/Lu and to Andy/Lu. I definitely think that Andy and Lu had a way better rapport then Dana/Lu ever did, sure not at the beginning of course, but I mean over time,,I could see the huge difference. I loved Andy/Lu better as partners and of course they had things in common like being mothers so I think that helped their friendship and partnership be better. I too wish it was streaming as well. Although I have Season 1 on DVD.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3
On 4/14/2018 at 1:35 PM, PepSinger said:

I loved this show as well. I wish Lifetime would show it again.

I don't think we'll ever see Strong Medicine back on TV again unfortunately and especially since Lifetime is total crap now and has changed so much and all they have on is reality shows.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2018 at 12:01 AM, ESS said:

has changed so much and all they have on is reality shows.

And godawful movies. Though to their credit, the ones based off of real life incidents are pretty good. The others border on parody of everything about Lifetime--"Stalked By My Mother/Father/Sibling/Child/Dentist/Dog".

On 11/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm looking forward to it. I liked this show.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, Camille said:

And godawful movies. Though to their credit, the ones based off of real life incidents are pretty good. The others border on parody of everything about Lifetime--"Stalked By My Mother/Father/Sibling/Child/Dentist/Dog".

I'm looking forward to it. I liked this show.

It's already on Start TV, and it's at 9 PM.

• Love 1

I love that SM is airing on TV once again. It is like seeing a long-lost friend. :) Like I said above, the show ended when I was fifteen. Now, I'm 28, and so many of the story lines are just as relevant, if not more so today than they were in 2000-06. 

To say I have missed these characters is an understatement. Lu, Lana, and Peter. <3

• Love 2
On 2/14/2019 at 12:13 AM, ShortyMac said:

I love that SM is airing on TV once again. It is like seeing a long-lost friend. 🙂 Like I said above, the show ended when I was fifteen. Now, I'm 28, and so many of the story lines are just as relevant, if not more so today than they were in 2000-06. 

To say I have missed these characters is an understatement. Lu, Lana, and Peter. ❤️

It’s now gone from Start TV as of April 28th.

1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

Well, that's a bummer. 😞

It is indeed a bummer. What happened was that it probably either flopped really badly in the primetime ratings, or there was some sort of contract for only a couple of months.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

And it stinks in general that I can't watch it, because it will be on at midnight where I am.

I would be able to watch it, but like I said I don't have that channel so that's the only problem.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShortyMac said:

Or have it on Netflix or Hulu. I wish all the seasons were on DVD.

Yeah I have some episodes and season 1 & a few emmy consideration DVDs of the show, but that's it I did have quite a episodes saved that I downloaded, but don't have them anymore unfortunately.

• Love 1

The show is airing on Start TV, I have youtubetv and the channel is on there. I'm really enjoying watching the episodes starting from the beginning because there are so many episodes that I missed and it's been a long time since this show was on.

• Love 2

I've been rewatching this and. . .good Lord, was Lu a bitch. Was there EVER an episode where she wasn't screaming her head off about the social injustice of the week and the evil rich people/men causing it? Yeesh.

I think the only time she wasn't acting like a grade-A bitch was the arc where she was raped, but she still did plenty of screaming then.

That said, that storyline was well done. The ending, where multiple women--including the prosecutor in her case+-come forward to confess to having been raped and having their attackers go unpunished, was wrenching.

• Love 1

I rewatched the episode "Quarantine", in which the ER is shut down because a patient tests positive for SARS,  and it's downright bone-chilling in lieu of recent events. Like when Dr. Jackson makes the announcement about the shutdown, he informs the staff that it's caused by a coronavirus (not the one responsible for for what's happening, but it's in the same "family"). He then proceeds to list very similar symptoms--cough, fever, etc.--including that they range from mild to fatal. There's even a moment where a  patient verbally and physically attacks an Asian doctor, blaming him for the outbreak 

On 3/23/2020 at 12:35 PM, Camille said:

I've been rewatching this and. . .good Lord, was Lu a bitch. Was there EVER an episode where she wasn't screaming her head off about the social injustice of the week and the evil rich people/men causing it? Yeesh.

I think the only time she wasn't acting like a grade-A bitch was the arc where she was raped, but she still did plenty of screaming then.

That said, that storyline was well done. The ending, where multiple women--including the prosecutor in her case+-come forward to confess to having been raped and having their attackers go unpunished, was wrenching.

Lu is also a massive hypocrite. The rules never apply to her because everything is for her patients, you see. If the ends justify the means of what she believes is right, it's all good.

When Andy found that abandoned baby in the hospital's dumpster who died, she was all about HER patients' privacy when she wouldn't let the cops have their files to see if any of them had anything to do with the crime. (03x22 - "Risk")

But, a few episodes later, it was perfectly justified for her to manipulate the Records guy at the county hospital  and violate THOSE patients' privacy so that she could find out who Cali's biological parents were so that they could be tested for a bone marrow transplant (because the county hospital gave two families each others' baby by mistake). (04x03 - "Heartbeats & Deadbeats")

04x02 - "Emergency Contacts" - And how she just easily lied to potential adoptive parents, Andy's patient and her husband, about the baby possibly having Spina bifida and violated Rina's, a pregnant teen, who was a minor, privacy and medical information to 'test' them to see if they were worthy, just because they were rich. They could not possibly be good parents just because they have money. She thought they would give up if they found out the baby had a disability, and it did not sway them. Her 'perfect, middle class' adoptive couple were the ones who backed out, even though the baby's medical expenses would have been covered by the RWHC, because they would not have been able to handle the stress. Rina was not under any legal obligation to give Lu's patients the baby; she was free to change her mind at any point. 

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 2

I forgot about Dylan's deadly track record with women. He kills his fiancee after falling asleep at the wheel, Miko, Araya's mom, succumbs to her heart problems, and he got one date in with Sonja, who works in the basement research lab, and she dies from a new virus. Yeesh. A little excessive, show. 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:37 PM, ShortyMac said:

04x02 - "Emergency Contacts" - And how she just easily lied to potential adoptive parents, Andy's patient and her husband, about the baby possibly having Spina bifida and violated Rina's, a pregnant teen, who was a minor, privacy and medical information to 'test' them to see if they were worthy, just because they were rich. They could not possibly be good parents just because they have money. She thought they would give up if they found out the baby had a disability, and it did not sway them. Her 'perfect, middle class' adoptive couple were the ones who backed out, even though the baby's medical expenses would have been covered by the RWHC, because they would not have been able to handle the stress. Rina was not under any legal obligation to give Lu's patients the baby; she was free to change her mind at any point. 

Not to mention her completely uncalled for personal attacks on Andy--"They're stealing the baby and you're helping them!"

I really got tired of her "All rich people are evil!" attitude.