Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Driving Miss Kim

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, renatae said:

I did not get why Kandi got so emotional at that point. Kim was only casually swearing, not being confrontational. With all the foul mouthing that goes on here, I'm surprised Kandi even noticed.

The calling out of Kim swearing I believe had more to do with Kandi trying to corral the conversation.  Kim was like a stuck record with Kroy, Kroy, why do you care if Kroy, is in the car, I don't care who is waiting for you, Kroy, Kroy, Kroy.  Kandi was try to get to the meat of the issue which was Kim either pulling the pin on the hand grenade and throwing it in the group and rolling out, or being late, or being distracted with her life with Kroy.  Kroy, now I am doing it, has mentioned Kim does not have an adult's attention span and he has to reel her in.

Kim for the entire season from barging into Nene's White party and putting Kenya on blast to the Elephant Room has just been an unnecessary addition.  Even the comments Nene made in Spain, although they questioned Kim's account of the way she has present health issues did not deserve the wrath of Kim.  Kim should have waited until they returned to go after Nene.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kim for the entire season from barging into Nene's White party and putting Kenya on blast to the Elephant Room has just been an unnecessary addition. 

I haven’t watched the ladies of RHOA much in the last few years. IMHO, Kim is not at all interested in the women and is absolutely just showing up for a payoff of some type. She is sooooo self centered and boring. I vote her off. I look forward to the day her and that farm of kids are off my tv selection guide forever. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

It just occurred to me that Nene could've squashed the whole thing with Kim and Brielle by simply asking where Kroy was playing these days

In my best Nene voice: “Where’s Kroy playing? The Canadian Football League? No? Someplace in Europe? No? Compton?”

• Love 9

Putting aside what Nene said at the comedy show...the fact that she had to resort to saying that shows that she might not be ready to be a comedian. A real comedian would have been able to cut that heckler down to size without having to resort to saying what Nene said. Then, again this is who we are dealing with...

giphy.gif

• Love 11
11 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

In my best Nene voice: “Where’s Kroy playing? The Canadian Football League? No? Someplace in Europe? No? Compton?”

I could see Kim responding:  "And yet he still makes more money than Greg will ever make in his entire life."

• Love 4
15 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Pee Wee Football? No.

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I could see Kim responding:  "And yet he still makes more money than Greg will ever make in his entire life."

Which Nene if she had ANY sense would counter by bringing up that Kroy had to destroy his body and possibly give himself brain damage, which explains why he's married to Kim, to earn that money. A career that retired Kroy at 30 and he has to figure out how to live on his earnings for the next 50 years, that's if this oh so lucrative career didn't give Kroy catastrophic health issues. I'm sure Greg is real jealous of a man who might get dementia in his 40s.

Bob Whitfield's got a degree from Stanford in economics and has done some broadcasting in the UK and Atlanta. Kroy went to Montana, has a degree in criminology, 6 kids, is a semiprofessional Uber driver, and the only broadcasting he does is his own play by play on his couch while he's watching games at home. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Aww, come on!

We only have three downs!

;)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, cooksdelight said:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult Canada! I love Vancouver!!

Aww thanks cooksdelight, but you didn't.  

Vancouver says Hey!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Pee Wee Football? No.

Which Nene if she had ANY sense would counter by bringing up that Kroy had to destroy his body and possibly give himself brain damage, which explains why he's married to Kim, to earn that money. A career that retired Kroy at 30 and he has to figure out how to live on his earnings for the next 50 years, that's if this oh so lucrative career didn't give Kroy catastrophic health issues. I'm sure Greg is real jealous of a man who might get dementia in his 40s.

Whitfield's got a degree from Stanford in economics and has done some broadcasting in the UK and Atlanta. Kroy went to Montana, has a degree in criminology, 6 kids, is a semiprofessional Uber driver, and the only broadcasting he does is his own play by play on his couch while he's watching games at home. 

Kroy may have health issues as a result of his career, but it's an honest career.  And a career in which he made good money, as short as it was.  Invest properly and they will be okay.  And somehow he and his wife have managed to have a successful off-shoot reality show from RHOA.  So he's got a legit career even though it's one attached to Kim.  Gregg, on the other hand, has a criminal background including check fraud, theft, receiving stolen items back in 2002.  If I were NeNe, I'd keep husbands out of it as her husband is nothing to write home about.  Also, Gregg has his own health issues.  He's not some buff 50 something who has led a clean life.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Kroy may have health issues as a result of his career, but it's an honest career.  And a career in which he made good money, as short as it was.  Invest properly and they will be okay.  And somehow he and his wife have managed to have a successful off-shoot reality show from RHOA.  So he's got a legit career even though it's one attached to Kim.  Gregg, on the other hand, has a criminal background including check fraud, theft, receiving stolen items back in 2002.  If I were NeNe, I'd keep husbands out of it as her husband is nothing to write home about.

None of the husbands are any great shakes.

As to it being as honest career, yeah I guess. It's possible Kroy didn't break any laws to earn the money he did, but nothing about college and professional sports is remotely honest. It's a highly exploitative field. It has no problem exploiting the players and those people in the players' lives as long as the players earn money. Coaches, GMs, and owners were willing to overlook Michael Vick's actions because he's a playmaker. At some point in his life, someone has been willing to forgive shit Kroy pulled because he was good at football. What they forgave or overlooked may not have been that serious, but there was something. I speak from experience: I've had family who played in the NFL, played college sports, coached college sports at a D1 school, taught college athletes and had the athletes grades reassigned by the athletic director because the athletes were failing, and studied CTE. Kroy may not have broken any laws, but there is nothing honest about sports, especially football, as a profession.

This in no excuse for anything Gregg has done or pulled. The business of football while completely legitimate, is a dirty dirty sketchy business.

I had a much longer more comprehensive comment that disappeared when my browser downloaded an update. 

• Love 5

Kroy does have a job he is on a reality show.  I hope he is smart enough to get a paycheck separate from Kim's.   At one point I thought he was the "brains" and I use the term loosely, behind Kashmere.  Now it seems Kim is at the helm.  Kim has told us it is a multi-million dollar company.  I wonder where she got the start up funds? Maybe her idiot daughter Brielle is running it.  

Kroy needs to find something entirely separate from Kim's brand.  I realize it means giving up the covenanted Driving Miss Kim role but for his own sanity he needs to think beyond being Mr. Kashmere.  

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, I think Kim thinks she looks fantastic. Just like Barbie. She is completely in love with herself. 

You're exactly right.  Kim is over-the-moon in love with herself.  She thinks she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  I've never seen such a huge ego.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

None of the husbands are any great shakes.

As to it being as honest career, yeah I guess. It's possible Kroy didn't break any laws to earn the money he did, but nothing about college and professional sports is remotely honest. It's a highly exploitative field. It has no problem exploiting the players and those people in the players' lives as long as the players earn money. Coaches, GMs, and owners were willing to overlook Michael Vick's actions because he's a playmaker. At some point in his life, someone has been willing to forgive shit Kroy pulled because he was good at football. What they forgave or overlooked may not have been that serious, but there was something. I speak from experience: I've had family who played in the NFL, played college sports, coached college sports at a D1 school, taught college athletes and had the athletes grades reassigned by the athletic director because the athletes were failing, and studied CTE. Kroy may not have broken any laws, but there is nothing honest about sports, especially football, as a profession.

This in no excuse for anything Gregg has done or pulled. The business of football while completely legitimate, is a dirty dirty sketchy business.

I had a much longer more comprehensive comment that disappeared when my browser downloaded an update. 

It's a dirty, sketchy  business sure.  But it's legal.  Kroy may not be playing football right now, but football careers are notoriously short.  So to me, slamming him for not still playing seems ridiculous.  Very few make it the level he did.  Somehow he and Kim managed to get 6 seasons out of Bravo with their spinoff show.  I've heard NeNe may get her own.  Somehow I don't think her and Gregg will be able to make it to a Season 2 if that happens.  

So basically, in my mind, Kim wins in the husband department. Will they go the distance?  Probably not.  But NeNe will probably divorce Gregg again when she needs to save herself financially again.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kim has told us it is a multi-million dollar company. 

Well, we know how Kim lies. Just ask Nene, lol.  I have never seen Kashmere advertised anywhere or in any stores. I doubt it's a multi-million dollar company, she probably puts more money in to it than any profit she receives from it. It would be interesting to know the actual numbers, though. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I don’t know if a constant diet of fast food and SOLO cups of wine constitutes a clean life for Kroy. And steroids.

Clean life as in no criminal record.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I think Kroy can start drawing from a substantial NFL retirement package when he turns 35.

Here are the details:  Typical age requirements apply for former NFL players to be paid retirement benefits — players must be 55 years old to receive money from their pension. If players want money earlier, they can choose to receive benefits from the annuity program as early as age 35. So, even though players retire early, the full NFL retirement benefits can’t all be accessed right away.

Players can qualify for two other benefits in addition to the pension plan. One is a 401(k) – type plan (the Second Career Savings Plan) that includes 2-for-1 employer matching and is available to players once they play for two seasons. The other benefit is a Player Annuity Program which is available after they play for four seasons.

Former NFL players are eligible for several types of benefits involving health care. The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) describes the following benefits available to former players:

A Joint Replacement Program provides assistance to former players who require medically necessary joint replacement;

A Medicare supplement program helps to pay for Medicare supplement insurance for those 65 or older and covered by Medicare;

Life insurance for those under 55 years of age;

A neurological care program with no out-of-pocket expense to retired players;

A spine treatment program with no out-of-pocket expense to retired players;

A discount prescription drug card;

And, priority access to assisted living facilities.

How Much Does a Retired NFL Player Receive?

The dollar amount of a former NFL player’s pension check depends on how many years he played in the NFL. Once eligible, the player receives a credit for each year played that equates to a certain monthly pension amount — for example, for seasons played from 1998 to 2011 this amount was $470. (It is now $800.00 for each year)

So Kroy can pull some money out at 35, but not the official NFL pension.  Let's hope he took full advantage of the annuity program.

Burning questions why NFL players go bankrupt:

Nearly 16% of retired NFL players file for bankruptcy during the twelve years following their retirement. What happens?

Here are some commonly given reasons:

NFL players have a relatively short time span to earn money—frequently only a few years rather than forty;

They frequently make risky investments and bad spending decisions;

They want to maintain an expensive lifestyle which is easy to do on an NFL salary but much more difficult after retirement;

They sometimes have mental or physical problems related to playing football.

It might be hard to imagine running out of money after earning so much, but the lifestyle of football players and other professional athletes is often scaled to their earnings – it becomes the norm and it’s difficult to scale it back down. It often comes down to inadequate planning and budgeting for retirement spending.

Marry Kim Zolciak.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, we know how Kim lies. Just ask Nene, lol.  I have never seen Kashmere advertised anywhere or in any stores. I doubt it's a multi-million dollar company, she probably puts more money in to it than any profit she receives from it. It would be interesting to know the actual numbers, though. 

It is on-line only.  There have been so many RH who have tried skin care lines-some are even married to plastic surgeons.  Most at least make it to e-vine or HSN or QVC.  Kim has not even been offered that form of commerce.  I am guessing there was probably more put into the packaging and "research" than actual marketing.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I wouldn't mind at all if they phased her out because I can't stand Kim. Despite her foul mouth, 'fibs' and general disinterest in actively interacting with the other women (outside of showing up to get her cheque), she manages to act like she's always being victimized by the other women. If Nene and Porsha repair their relationship, I can guess who Porsha would prefer to film with. If they cut Kim out, Sheree could be in jeopardy as well. She's spent the last two seasons meddling in everyone's shit and causing drama by taking stories back and forth and as soon as Kim's on the scene, she's shown her true loyalty is to Kim. She talks everyone's business but Kim's. If Sheree positions herself as Kim's lapdog (looks like it from where I'm sitting), then she could just as easily get burned too. How gonna pay for Chateau Sheree? Tyrone?

• Love 4
On 3/18/2018 at 11:45 PM, Showthyme said:

Kim doesn’t have a conversation with anyone. She talks at people. Kim is uncomfortable in social situations and needs Kroy and Brielle to be there as a shield.

Kim looks worse than Joan Rivers (RIP). Her ducks lips are terrible and she makes it worse by outlining her lips with a thick line on the outside and wearing that horrible Barbie pink lipstick.She mimics Khloe Kardashian with that duck lip pout and constant playing with her hair. Kim, we know that your hair and lips are not real. On the other hand, Kandi looks better everyday.

Like Khloe, Kim’s looks make her unwatchable.

Really - I’d like to know what those two see when they look in the mirror!

• Love 3

I'm rewatching this and while I needed to be educated that calling out roaches could be a racist dig and why and think maybe Kim did too,  I'm falling on the side of Kim being racist. Calling the entire family racist is messed up,  but the flashback to the chicken eating comment and Kim saying Kandy's mansion was in a bad area,  yeah. It's sketchy. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, nexxie said:

Really - I’d like to know what those two see when they look in the mirror!

She was never a beauty, but first season even with the bad wigs she could look cute.  It's disturbing what she's done to her face.  I can't even imagine how bad it must look in person.  If their marriage goes the distance, I'm thinking Kroy is gay or desperately fame hungry.

kim-z-face.jpg?itok=1asrcjYn&timestamp=1

• Love 4
6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

She was never a beauty, but first season even with the bad wigs she could look cute.  It's disturbing what she's done to her face.  I can't even imagine how bad it must look in person.  If their marriage goes the distance, I'm thinking Kroy is gay or desperately fame hungry.

kim-z-face.jpg?itok=1asrcjYn&timestamp=1

The 2nd pic is at least a year old.  The lips are twice that size now.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bravo ran a story about Erika Jayne Girardi's nose job at 41 years of age.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/lookbook/erika-girardi-confirms-nose-job-40k-beauty-products  She and Kim had similar noses they had the excess at the tip and kind of drew their faces down.  Erika knew when to quit and got a decent dye job on her eyebrows.

Wish Erika would tweak her personality along with her eyebrows - a beauty tip that would really make a difference!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Wish Erika would tweak her personality along with her eyebrows - a beauty tip that would really make a difference!

I wish Erika would go back to very little makeup and reduced hair (or pony tail).  The full on makeup is aging her badly.  She has such beautiful skin and pretty eyes but looks best more natural.  Of course, that goes for all of the Housewives cross franchises.

• Love 1

Hate to admit this but I'm watching season 2 right now and Kim, even with the bad wig and huge implants, looked so much prettier.  It's truly tragic what she did to her face. i could see a minor tweak to the nose if that would have made her feel better, but she was cute.

• Love 2

Also, NeNe was fun to watch season 1 and 2.  It's a shame she became so full of herself.  And Sheree still had the appearance of a well kept woman.  Now to me she has the appearance of someone whose bank account is totally blown.

• Love 7

I had a really hard time watching this episode. I need to look away every time Kim is on camera. Good thing I have my knitting handy.

That meeting with Kandi was ridiculous. Bitch was super late, complained that Kandi cost HER money, and then thought that she would be the alpha. I'm so happy that Kandi put her in her place, and I loved that Kandi was also like "no one is jealous of you". It does make sense though that Kroy is always around if Kim is an alcoholic, which would also go hand in hand with her gambling, and probably her plastic surgery at this point.

I'm also disappointed in Cynthia. I get that she wants to date and get some D, but that doesn't mean that she needs to drive that scrub to the airport. She needs to respect herself more.

Add me to the list of people who don't miss Kenya, or Porsha.

• Love 3

I can only feel for Kandi to a point when it comes to Kim being late.  If I remember correctly, Kandi has been notorious for being late in the past, so she doesn't really have a lot of ground to stand on there.  I think Kim was beyond rude for being so late, but, if you do it too, you can't get pissed when people do it to you.  

I really didn't need Kenya.  It was so nice to have her gone.

• Love 3
On 3/20/2018 at 9:05 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

It just occurred to me that Nene could've squashed the whole thing with Kim and Brielle by simply asking where Kroy was playing these days

As far as we know the only game time he gets is when Kim calls him to Bat Cave arena. 

Being a puck bunny, I don't see the appeal of Kroy and never have even when he did play but I'm thinking a lack of $$ will make anyone less sexy to Wig.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:33 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Well it was more exciting then last week.

I am surprised that Bravo hasn't removed Kenya from the opening when she isnt in an episode or just demote her to friend of since they usually decide during the season how to treat everyone. 

NeNe was just NeNe, playing the victim "everyone can say anything but I can't respond?" cue crocodile tears. First off, you aren't a real comedian despite what others may tell you. Just because you give off funny one liners doesn't mean it should be a full time gig. Second why was that joke a joke? And if it were a joke why did you decide to use it in that instance as an insult? And then she was all "I would never wish harm on anyone" she must've forgot this scene.

JkV6.gif

And while she has every right to go after Kim & Brielle for roach gate, trying to bring race into it much less the ENTIRE family into it is stupid. If any of these women tried to bring NeNes family into their feuds she would go berserk on their asses. And she has this weird infatuation with insulting Kroy for some reason but you better not insult Gregg. 

Kim....Kim is just played out and isn't the fun person we had S1-4. She had more kids and got married and thinks she is above all of o this now. Having Tardy For the Party has gone to her head. Girl aint no body jealous of you, yo husband, yo kids, yo marriage! No one is jealous of the fact that you have 6 kids with 3 men. Just stop with the jealousy shit, it is so played out! And poor Kroy...always gotta be driving Kim around, hiding in the bushes, waiting for her to give the signal to leave. Like she said...you have 6 kids, 5 under the age of 18 why in the hell does their father need to accompany you every where while leaving the kids at home with a nanny or whatever? Did you forget how to drive? Be independent? Are you that afraid that Kroy will cheat on you if he isn't around you constantly? Was he he waiting outside for you when you went to that Kardashian baby shower?  

NeNe and Kim are played out. They think their shit don't stink and thus just really aren't meant to be on this show anymore. They have outgrown us and we have outgrown them. 

Wow good post!!! I so AGREE

• Love 2