Type keyword(s) to search

Grey's Anatomy Cast & Crew in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Sarah finds out her contract isn't being renewed less than a week ago and is already signed as the lead of a new drama? Methinks the news of her and Jessica's departure was manipulated a bit to increase press coverage.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Sarah finds out her contract isn't being renewed less than a week ago and is already signed as the lead of a new drama? Methinks the news of her and Jessica's departure was manipulated a bit to increase press coverage.

Actually, I doubt that was the case.  There have been petitions with tens of thousands of signatures to get Drew and Capshaw back on the show--both actresses are incredibly popular.  If I were casting a pilot and wanted someone who would draw in viewers, Drew and Capshaw would be near the top of that list.  I would sign one of them, and sign them quickly before I ended up in a bidding war with another show.

Plus, my guess is that Drew (and probably Capshaw) was sending in screen auditions within hours of getting the word that their jobs were ending.  And that would be smart--they are at their most marketable right now and they would be fools not to take advantage of it.

• Love 2

If this helps, I read this quote in the Deadline article:

There was strong reaction from Grey’s Anatomy fans last week when Deadline broke the news that longtime cast members Drew and Jessica Capshaw would not return next season in a decision the producers explained with the show’s creative direction. I hear the Grey’s team was very gracious in accommodating Drew’s filming schedule so she could do Cagney & Lacey, something she wouldn’t have been able to pursue because the ABC medical drama is still in production.

Not necessarily that it's true, to be clear. 

2 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

Huh, I would see Sarah as more of the Lacey of the duo; but perhaps that just the characters she's played here and on Everwood.  Regardless, good for her! And ultimately, a better role than the just supporting that she had here.  Sometimes things just work out how they should.  Here's hoping good things for Capshaw are in the offing as well. 

So, if Sarah is happy with this change, will there now be a petition to disregard the petition to protest her being let go from the show?!:)  So hard to keep up these days:)

ETA:  Anyone remember how many signatures the Save Dempsey petition got way back when? Transitions do not come easy on this show. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

If this helps, I read this quote in the Deadline article:

Not necessarily that it's true, to be clear. 

According to Sarah's most recent tweet, today was her first day shooting. So by "accommodating her filming schedule" they mean "beginning today and going forward."

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Layne said:

According to Sarah's most recent tweet, today was her first day shooting. So by "accommodating her filming schedule" they mean "beginning today and going forward."

Gotcha! I kept re-reading that paragraph and it didn't make a lick of sense to me for some reason. So this makes a ton more sense.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Layne said:

I can only imagine how that conversation went: "Listens, you guys totally fucked me over by only telling me JUST NOW that I'm being let go, but I managed to snag a late pilot and it starts filming ASAP. I need the time off. You owe me."

• Love 7

And, Sandra's show has been renewed for a second season before the first season premieres!

This show has the thunder of women on both sides of the chase in Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer and, importantly, behind the camera with the lavishly brilliant Phoebe Waller-Bridge. The early response to Killing Eve has been incredible – for that reason, as well as the fact that we wholeheartedly love this original, funny, thrillingly entertaining series, we are delighted to move ahead with a second season before we even premiere.

• Love 3

Poor Sarah Drew is out of work again

Sarah Drew — who learned earlier this spring that this season of Grey’s Anatomy would be her last — will not be starring in a new CBS drama, either. Shortly after word circulated of her availability, CBS cast her in a reboot of Cagney & Lacey. She was going to play Cagney opposite Michelle Hurd’s Lacey.

But not for long, unfortunately. EW learned today that CBS passed on the pilot and went with a reboot of Magnum P.I. instead. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kate213 said:

Sarah Drew — who learned earlier this spring that this season of Grey’s Anatomy would be her last — will not be starring in a new CBS drama, either. Shortly after word circulated of her availability, CBS cast her in a reboot of Cagney & Lacey. She was going to play Cagney opposite Michelle Hurd’s Lacey.

But not for long, unfortunately. EW learned today that CBS passed on the pilot and went with a reboot of Magnum P.I. instead. 

CBS passed on a female-driven reboot in favor of the male one? You don't say! /sarcasm

That's a bummer. I was looking forward to checking out Sarah Drew in the new role. But I'm sure she will be cast in something soon enough. If one positive thing came out of this double-dismissal, it's that it opened up the potential for other writers and producers to see how beloved these actresses are and they may now have landed on their shortlist for future projects. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kate213 said:

it was too soon to have the reboot of the show anyways. everyone know CBS doesn't usually favours female led drama. I'm surprised that Madam Secretary actually got another season. Sarah has a movie release due in October this year. She's talented, and hopefully cast in something amazing soon. 

Bummer that both the actresses missed this year's pilot season though...

• Love 1

Sarah may come to see it as a blessing that after eight years as a featured player on a drama, she didn't leap right into a seven-year contract as one of two leads in a procedural. One with lots more action sequences, long set-ups and location shooting. She can afford to see what surfaces for her.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pallas said:

Sarah may come to see it as a blessing that after eight years as a featured player on a drama, she didn't leap right into a seven-year contract as one of two leads in a procedural. One with lots more action sequences, long set-ups and location shooting. She can afford to see what surfaces for her.  

Can she? I dont know enough about her family or her finances but if I'm expecting to have a job next year and then I dont I might need to scramble to find something steady quick. I dont know if guest spots are something that works with her plans. But she is talented and hopefully can find something else soon.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/12/2018 at 10:02 AM, tua20782 said:

Can she? I dont know enough about her family or her finances but if I'm expecting to have a job next year and then I dont I might need to scramble to find something steady quick. I dont know if guest spots are something that works with her plans. But she is talented and hopefully can find something else soon.

Her net worth is estimated to be around $3M - she'll be fine if she doesn't hop onto another series right away. Like you said, I'm sure it's not fun to go from thinking you'll have the same amount of $ coming in to having no steady pay, but she was making somewhere between 80K-100K per episode, which is around $1.9M minimum for the last season alone. She should be okay for the time being. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

Her net worth is estimated to be around $3M - she'll be fine if she doesn't hop onto another series right away. Like you said, I'm sure it's not fun to go from thinking you'll have the same amount of $ coming in to having no steady pay, but she was making somewhere between 80K-100K per episode, which is around $1.9M minimum for the last season alone. She should be okay for the time being. 

also her husband has a business of his own along with the lecturer gig as well. it might not be as big as gavigan's but it's a steady source. no one's gonna end up broke here lol 

Edited by beautifulGA
  • Love 1

I just had Roseanne on for a bit as I thought The Middle started at 7 pm, and there was Richard Webber!  I had no idea James Pickens Jr. had been a semi-regular on the show when it originally was airing.  

On 5/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, Shellie said:

I just had Roseanne on for a bit as I thought The Middle started at 7 pm, and there was Richard Webber!  I had no idea James Pickens Jr. had been a semi-regular on the show when it originally was airing.  

I vaguely remembered his character once they showed them together.  I didn't make the connection before that, but it had been years and slowly things fell back into place in terms of recollecting certain scenes, events, and jokes.

He would be a good addition to "The Connors," if by some chance that happens.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

I vaguely remembered his character once they showed them together.  I didn't make the connection before that, but it had been years and slowly things fell back into place in terms of recollecting certain scenes, events, and jokes.

He would be a good addition to "The Connors," if by some chance that happens.

I was thinking last night it was a bit ironic that I saw him on the show for the first time last week, considering . . .

23 hours ago, Shellie said:

I was thinking last night it was a bit ironic that I saw him on the show for the first time last week, considering . . .

Eric Dane was in one episode of the old series.  He played a bellhop.

• Love 1

After five Emmy nominations in the supporting actress in a drama category  as Cristina on Grey’s Anatomy (and ZERO wins), Sandra Oh became the first Asian woman to be nominated for an Emmy in the lead actress in a drama category!

Some of the congratulatory tweets and posts from her Grey’s Anatomy costars

Sandra Oh on her historic nomination

The only other Asian actors to win Emmys in acting categories are Archie Punjabi (2006 supporting actress in a drama) and Riz Ahmed (2017 lead actor in a limited series).

Aziz Ansari has been nominated for lead actor in a comedy series twice (2016 and 2017) but hasn’t won. 

Sadly, those numbers are a pretty accurate depiction of Asians in television, which makes Sandra’s nomination even more exciting. 

• Love 4
On 5/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, tua20782 said:

She will be fine as long as she hasn't been living beyond her means buying fast cars and mansions .

Chyler Leigh happily chose to sit out 2 years  and moved to Nashville when she left .And after her limited series was canned after 1 season was going to sit out the year after before she was offered 3 roles at the one time

One of the most heartbreaking scenes for me in the history of TV, starring our very own Owen! I kinda forgot how handsome he was back then. And come to think of it, his character on Rome was a lot like Owen Hunt, only with incomparably better writing. 

(edited)

Chris Carmack will perform Into the Woods at the Hollywood Bowl 

The Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine musical, also starring Patina Miller, will be presented July 26–28.

Joining the previously announced Pippin Tony winner Patina Miller as the Witch, Gaten Matarazzo (Netflix's Stranger Things) as Jack, and Shanice Williams (NBC’s The Wiz Live!) as Little Red Riding Hood will be Tony winner Sutton Foster (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes) as The Baker's Wife, Skylar Astin (Spring Awakening, Pitch Perfect) as The Baker, Tony nominee Hailey Kilgore (Once On This Island) as Rapunzel, Sierra Boggess (The Phantom of the Opera, The Little Mermaid) as Cinderella, Chris Carmack (Grey's Anatomy, The O.C.) as Rapunzel's Prince, Tony winner Anthony Crivello (Kiss of the Spider Woman) as Mysterious Man, and Cheyenne Jackson (Xanadu, 30 Rock) as Cinderella's Prince/The Wolf.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I just saw the Law & Order rerun "Savior", where Ellen Pompeo is the teen daughter who has her boyfriend kill her mother and little brother, and her attorney is Erica Hahn ( Brooke Smith).    Then Ellen was also the sister who masterminded the rape and murder of her own sister, by the boyfriend, in another L & O episode.     Ellen certainly was chilling in both roles.    

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Then Ellen was also the sister who masterminded the rape and murder of her own sister, by the boyfriend, in another L & O episode.     

I remember that episode but didn’t think it was her?

Just finished Devils, the financial-world international thriller. It was a really great series and it was interesting to see the financial crisis of the late 2000's from the European perspective. Patrick did a great job and it was nice to see him in a darker role. 

I'm watching Private Practice, and I can't find a forum for it, so I just need to say that Addison

really didn't learn her lesson with the cheating, did she?! Damn. Kisses one guy when she's in a relationship, cheats with a married man, the husband of a patient.

Ugh. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Anela said:

I'm watching Private Practice, and I can't find a forum for it, so I just need to say that Addison

Hide contents

really didn't learn her lesson with the cheating, did she?! Damn. Kisses one guy when she's in a relationship, cheats with a married man, the husband of a patient.

Ugh. 

That's what drove me nuts for the first couple of seasons between Addy and Derek. Addison kept on trying to throw in the fact that Derek should be with her and Richard "out of guilt" kept trying to put them back together. Yet, it was pretty clear as Addison put it: "Derek is in love with Meredith and the only one who doesn't know it is Derek." You wanted to go: "No, the writers keep wanting to keep them apart and they make Derek act like he has selective memory." 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, readster said:

That's what drove me nuts for the first couple of seasons between Addy and Derek. Addison kept on trying to throw in the fact that Derek should be with her and Richard "out of guilt" kept trying to put them back together. Yet, it was pretty clear as Addison put it: "Derek is in love with Meredith and the only one who doesn't know it is Derek." You wanted to go: "No, the writers keep wanting to keep them apart and they make Derek act like he has selective memory." 

Yep. I hate the things they keep coming up with to keep people apart, and then the things they will do to drive them apart, once they happy. 

On this show, Addison also keep saying that she only slept with Mark once, but it came out that wasn't the case. They were together for a while, and she was pregnant with his baby. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Anela said:

Yep. I hate the things they keep coming up with to keep people apart, and then the things they will do to drive them apart, once they happy. 

On this show, Addison also keep saying that she only slept with Mark once, but it came out that wasn't the case. They were together for a while, and she was pregnant with his baby. 

Surprising they didn't bring Addison back on Grey's, but I think Kate Walsh was happy where her character ended up and would stay far, far away from Seattle. 

• Love 2