Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Let Pinhead Sing

MostlyC

When a superstar singer's life is threatened, the team is thrust into the world of big-ticket stadium shows, crazed fans and divas, giving Lucifer a run for his money. Meanwhile, Charlotte tries to help Linda and Maze repair their friendship.

...maybe we’ll get lucky and Luci will get to sing.

• Love 2

“I want to live in your spleen.” Hahahaha!

And oh god, the lieutenant needs to never, ever, EVER sing again. Not. Ever.

The illusionists were awesome.

The duet was also pretty awesome. :)

And I really liked CeCe's sweater....

But Dr Linda and Maze's squabble? I have no shits to give. And i still wish the lieutenant and Dan would  go away.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, aquarian1 said:

And what is up with Maze?  There's got to be more going on, right?

I sure hope so cuz this is past her acting silly and demonic... Good episode... Really  liked Lucifer and axara's dynamic (thus is what Chloe and luck should be writers) ..  Alot Like Colman Domingo's priest character from before.. Lucifer should let more black folk play  his piano..  Not enuff amenadiel and looks like Pierce is the jerk I thought he was... 

• Love 2

It's as if the writers from seasons 1 and 2 are just below the surface, struggling to be heard.  And they gifted us with the duet at the end to remind us why we f'luved this show.  

(Would someone explain to the Medical Examiner that informal sweaters that look like middle school boy's pajama tops are NOT proper office attire.  And never, ever give a gift whose content is unknown.)

Chloe should have taken her daughter to the concert.  Full stop.  She is still a Mother, or have I missed something?

But that duet should be my screensaver, if I could figure out how to do it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I fianlly figured out who Ella is, she's Mr. Frond-the perpetually awkward guidance counselor from Bob's burgers. A compliment box? 100% a Frond move. Especially since she didn't think to check any of the papers before she started reading them. Aloud. To her boss. 

Amy and Dan brohugging at Lux was the high point of my day. Then Lucy started singing. Well played show, well played. 

I had a random thought that maybe Maze is in love with Linda. Because Maze certainly didn't care when she broke up with Amy and then thought he was having office sex with randos afterwards. So maybe all her outrage is because Linda is dating somebody, not because Amy is. It makes more sense than anything else I can think of. Otherwise I don't know why this storyline is getting so much play. 

As a parting observation, I like the show much better when Lucy is not in love with Chloe. But it looks like we are in for it now. Sigh. 

• Love 5

Lucifer and Chloe love  -despite it reeking of manipulation to Lucifer - is the most unexpected*, fragile, pure thing about the show imo.  Loved that camera shot with her kneeling looking at him.  And oh wow, Lucifer's eyes spilling.  Why Pierce wants "that" (given that it's taken) is beyond me.  I hope it ends very badly for him.

Maze sulking is not a good look.  Sad for her character. 

Lucifer duet!  Yeah!  

And why smoothie the dead guy to death? That was odd....

*Unexpected not because it wasn't always obvious it was to be written that way, but because it has grown so slowly and feels organic.

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 8

I loved this one! Lucifer trying to show his Dad he was TOTALLY interested in Ella, the singer and every random people he met was hilarious. I also loved Chloe's patience and eye-rolls. She knows him so well by now...

Pierce is the worst, even if he's got great arms. He just saw how important was Chloe for Lucifer and starts going after her. Rude. Besides, he's lying to her. Lucifer has always been honest to her. He has told her over and over who he is. She chose not to know, but she had that choice. The situation with Pierce/Cain is completely different. 

I'm not really fond of the idea of watching Pierce and Lucifer fighting over Chloe, but I feel this could be a step in the right direction, meaning Chloe might find out the truth for real. Hopefully.

That ending... I guess the mistake he's talking about is trying to keep himself away from Chloe? Poor thing.

• Love 7

Pierce isn't trying to be a douche; he's trying to be redeemed so he can die. He has convinced himself that Chloe's love can redeem him like it has, to his eyes, redeemed Lucifer.

It was a fairly creative way to get at a love triangle, but I still care zero fucks about that love triangle, because I know that she will end up with Lucifer. (And if she didn't, and she and Pierce rode off into the sunset together? WIN!)

Amenadiel has gotten so annoyingly self righteous that it's just painful to watch him.

Maze is being a bitch now -- to the point that I don't WANT her and Linda to make up. It's time for Linda to write her off and go back to Amenadiel.

Is it just me, or did Mom -- whatever her name is now -- take like three steps back this episode?

This show simply SUCKS this season.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

I fianlly figured out who Ella is, she's Mr. Frond-the perpetually awkward guidance counselor from Bob's burgers. A compliment box? 100% a Frond move. Especially since she didn't think to check any of the papers before she started reading them. Aloud. To her boss. 

Amy and Dan brohugging at Lux was the high point of my day. Then Lucy started singing. Well played show, well played. 

I had a random thought that maybe Maze is in love with Linda. Because Maze certainly didn't care when she broke up with Amy and then thought he was having office sex with randos afterwards. So maybe all her outrage is because Linda is dating somebody, not because Amy is. It makes more sense than anything else I can think of. Otherwise I don't know why this storyline is getting so much play. 

As a parting observation, I like the show much better when Lucy is not in love with Chloe. But it looks like we are in for it now. Sigh. 

Your theory of Maze having feelings for Linda makes more sense than anything else.  And even then, I would still find it tiresome.  Sheesh...way to bring down one of the best things about this show:  the relationships between them all.  Why Chloe wants to date her boss is beyond me.  Pretty damn stupid.  And yeah...he should never, ever, ever sing.  That was painful.  Luckily, they gave us the Lucy/Axara duet.  That was fun!  The scene with Dan/Nice Arms in the bar cracked me up when Nice Arms was going on about the tsunami of crap.  Lol.

• Love 2

It might be slightly interesting if Maze is actually into Linda and thats why she is so angry about this stupid love triangle, but only slightly. For me, its an annoying plot that drags good characters into a hole of boredom and annoyance. Love triangles reek of desperation that a show still relatively early in its run shouldn't have yet.

That being said, there were some bright spots. The duet between Lucifer and singer was really good, and actually felt like the old show again. I also liked the talk he had with her, and in general the case was alright. I did figure out who the killer was pretty much instantly because I recognized the social media assistant as a character on Awkward, and you know they wouldn't stick in a semi recognizable actor into such a small part. 

Ella and her compliment box was a bit cringe worthy, but I do appreciate how much she tries to help people, and I laughed at every comment apparently being about Pierces arms. They arent wrong! Certainly his greatest asset isn't his singing voice. Ouch...

It was nice seeing Dan being helpful as well. He is a resilient guy after all.  

• Love 5

I realized during this episode that Dan frustrates me for two reasons:

1) I have always found him boring.

2) Now whenever I see him, I crave chocolate pudding. He didn't even mention in this one (did he?) but still I see his face and wonder "hey maybe I have some pudding in the fridge..."

Also the answer last night was no, I do not have pudding. But seeing Dan is what put it in my head. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

I realized during this episode that Dan frustrates me for two reasons:

1) I have always found him boring.

2) Now whenever I see him, I crave chocolate pudding. He didn't even mention in this one (did he?) but still I see his face and wonder "hey maybe I have some pudding in the fridge..."

Also the answer last night was no, I do not have pudding. But seeing Dan is what put it in my head. 

motivator941ac39973cb88fcc457602088fa94d

• Love 5
On 3/12/2018 at 9:00 PM, janeta said:

And oh god, the lieutenant needs to never, ever, EVER sing again. Not. Ever.

Man! My ears were bleeding by the end of that. It was absolutely horrid!

On 3/12/2018 at 9:00 PM, aquarian1 said:

And what is up with Maze?  There's got to be more going on, right?

I'm kinda over this whole Maze thing. Her character has become so useless and laughable I just want it to end for her. The woman apologized and she's still acting like a 12-yo. She couldn't admit her feelings and now her emotions are all over the place. For a demon who supposedly doesn't care, she's certainly not acting like it.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

That would make sense and be a little more understandable as to why Maze is acting the way she does. However, I also kinda hope that's not the case as I like Linda and Maze's friendship too much.

-----------------------

Not as boring as the previous episode but, the show has certainly lost a step or two. I don't like the budding love triangle we're moving towards unless, as it has been mentioned previously, it gets Lucifer to show Chloe his true self. Either way, I'm heading towards breaking here. PLEASE someone wake up the writers so we can get back on track. Where is the supernatural aspect to this show? They have lost it and don't seem to care about finding it again.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dvldj said:

I'm kinda over this whole Maze thing. Her character has become so useless and laughable I just want it to end for her. The woman apologized and she's still acting like a 12-yo. She couldn't admit her feelings and now her emotions are all over the place. For a demon who supposedly doesn't care, she's certainly not acting like it.

That would make sense and be a little more understandable as to why Maze is acting the way she does. However, I also kinda hope that's not the case as I like Linda and Maze's friendship too much.

From what I understand, their intention is to show that these characters are finding themselves and Maze especially is learning to be her own person. However, I don't think it works because in S1, they were a tight-knit group and now they're pulling them apart and that is disconnecting the characters from the group and the group dynamic. At this point, they could almost make two shows - one that deals with Maze, Amenadiel and Linda and the other that deals with the rest of the characters and I think that is part of the problem. They can all find themselves alright, but I liked them all as a group. I liked Lucifer as the center and the other characters being woven into his story. It doesn't mean that they can't grow and it doesn't mean that Maze can't learn about humanity and Feelings but she should do it as part of the group and the story, not in a separate group and story.

• Love 6

Maze being in love with Linda but not realizing it is literally the only way this storyline can be even a little bit redeemed. The entire love triangle is all so pointless. It feels like the entire purpose of Linda/Amenadiel getting together has simply been to facilitate this Linda/Maze drama, as they threw them together romantically in one episode (after Maze's prompting) and I'm pretty sure every single conversation we've seen them have onscreen has been about, you guessed it, Maze. Yet they continuously have Linda or Amenadiel saying these lines about how real and amazing and strong their feelings are, even though we've seen none of that. This storyline was an awful idea in general, but the way it's been written has made it even worse. End it already, please. 

• Love 2

Pierce you are a shit gibbon and I have no interest in your arms.

Maze get over yourself, nobody likes a petulant kid.

Where did all the good stuff go? There's only a few bits of the funny per episode now and it is outweighed by the descent into crap.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, theatremouse said:

Was it not inappropriate for the cops to accept gifts from Axara, if not the hats and t-shirts, certainly primo seats to a concert?

Are you questioning a show where Dan was not suspended and/or went into trial for aiding a corrupt cop in the end of season one? (And that's just one of the examples, which come to mind).

• Love 2

They at least pretended they accepted those things as inappropriate, even if the actual consequences were insanely nothing. I can see the department not caring about the stuff, but goody goody Chloe sure was quick to accept an entirely inappropriate gift. Lil' miss blessed is just as unethical as the rest of 'em.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Unless I never really noticed before, was anyone else distracted by the pimple/herpes under Linda's lip? 

It's neither a pimple nor herpes. It's a mole. Look up Rachel Harris and check out her pictures. The mole is there in every one.

• Love 5

At least they fooled me with the killer, only because I didn't know who the hell she was.  I'm guessing she was one of the people they interviewed after the crime just happened, but I don't even remember what her position was in the singer's entourage.  And her threatening everyone at the end with a knife lacked any suspense.  A gun would have made way more sense.

So, after being a Debbie Downer for a bit (complete with awful singing), Cain/Pierce is now hoping that Chloe could "redeem" him somehow, so he is now finally pursuing her, right when Lucifer finally decides to admit to himself he still cares for her.  Go figure.

Meanwhile, Maze is just becoming an unlikable brat now, and she and Dr. Linda are just being wasted in this subplot.

At least the episode let Luci/Tom Ellis sing again, which is always a plus. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Jist one question: Why wouldn't Lucifer have sex with CeCe?  That seemed off to me.

Ever since Lucy realized that he cared for Chloe, he's been rather skittish about having random sex. In fact, after he had that premature unfurling, I don't remember him being with another woman sexually. The Devil, it seems, has been domesticated.  Besides, she definitely had the wrong impression of Lucifer's intent to bring her to his apartment. She was under his protection.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

Has this Season's Maze been her old self at all, or was Maze in the didn't use them last season and saved them for this season episodes the one that most of us liked.  Only she's gone, now?  

Another quibble:  reading the IMDB for this series, they got lazy and declared Trixie was in all episodes.  Likewise (IIRC) Maze.  

51 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Has this Season's Maze been her old self at all, or was Maze in the didn't use them last season and saved them for this season episodes the one that most of us liked.  Only she's gone, now?  

Another quibble:  reading the IMDB for this series, they got lazy and declared Trixie was in all episodes.  Likewise (IIRC) Maze.  

She gets a credit in all episodes.  If they get unlazy, they will list her as credit only.

The most extreme example of this that I have is an original series Dallas season, where the character of Bobby Ewing's wife (not Pamela), was killed fairly early in the season, and the actress and her triptych credit/screen in the title sequence persisted through to the end of that season.  It was kind of creepy.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Rushmoras said:

Oh, great, another unnecesary love triangle unfolding.

Love triangles suck! I think I'm done with this show.  

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, rainsmom said:

It was a fairly creative way to get at a love triangle, but I still care zero fucks about that love triangle, because I know that she will end up with Lucifer. (And if she didn't, and she and Pierce rode off into the sunset together? WIN!)

Chloe leaving would be the only thing that would make this dreadful love triangle worth it! Lucifer & Chloe ending up together is predictable. I predicted it after watching the pilot episode, and the enviable (will they won't they) is one of the reasons it took me so long to watch another episode after the pilot. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

I also liked the show better when Lucifer wasn't in love with Chloe! A domesticated Lucifer isn't fun.

I do not see the appeal of Chloe. Part of it's how Chloe is written and part of its the actress. I've seen Lauren German in other shows and really she doesn't have much acting range IMO.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Fireball said:
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

I also liked the show better when Lucifer wasn't in love with Chloe! A domesticated Lucifer isn't fun.

This is exactly why I bowed out. I come here to see if an ep is worth watching. I actually watched this ep based on the synopsis which promised Linda, Amen and Maze but damn did that suck! Since they are the only three I care about anymore, and they are in a shit love triangle that is slightly worse than the main love triangle (only because I care about the characters in this triangle but I couldn't give two shits about Chloe, Whatsisface and, sadly, I don't care about Lucy anymore either. He's become little more than a whiny, lovestruck loser. God, I don't even find his voice sexy anymore, now it just sounds whiny to me). I am probably done, unless the show manages to shock the hell out of me, ditch the love triangles, get rid of Chloe and move on from this mess of a season. 

• Love 5
On 3/16/2018 at 5:00 PM, jhlipton said:

Jist one question: Why wouldn't Lucifer have sex with CeCe?  That seemed off to me.

I think it was because he thought she was annoying and pretentious, so he wasn't attracted to her.  He doesn't need to have sex just because she offered. He is irresistable to millions of women (except Chloe), so he can pick and choose. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I am probably done, unless the show manages to shock the hell out of me, ditch the love triangles, get rid of Chloe and move on from this mess of a season. 

Ditto. It’s nothing more than a soap opera playing alongside a boring procedural week after week. They need to get back to what made the show special. Chloe may be a co-lead but the character isn’t working at all. The love triangles have ruined three of the best characters. Lucifer is just a whiny petulant child who has lost all sex appeal. If this mess isn’t fixed, I’m done. I’m barely paying attention as it airs now. 

• Love 3

This

On 3/16/2018 at 10:50 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Ever since Lucy realized that he cared for Chloe, he's been rather skittish about having random sex. In fact, after he had that premature unfurling, I don't remember him being with another woman sexually. The Devil, it seems, has been domesticated.  Besides, she definitely had the wrong impression of Lucifer's intent to bring her to his apartment. She was under his protection.

makes more sense than this

21 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

I think it was because he thought she was annoying and pretentious, so he wasn't attracted to her.  He doesn't need to have sex just because she offered. He is irresistable to millions of women (except Chloe), so he can pick and choose. 

Lucy's never been bothered by annoying and pretentious when it comes to sex before.

• Love 2
(edited)

In love Dust In the Wind, so Tom Welling butchering it was not cool.

Lucifer's ridiculous efforts to convince "Dad" he isn't interested in Chloe plus the continuous glances up were hilarious.

Lucifer's "I beg your pardon" at the suggestion his piano is out of tune, hilarious.

Axara and Lucifer singing was fabulous. More of that show. 

The end was very tender with Lucifer saving Chloe. Too bad Amenadiel couldn't just shush.  but man ...triangle here we go.

Edited by Chaosiswelcome
(edited)

I'm ok with lucifer being in love with chloe, if it gives him more emotional growth... but not ok with the domestication that makes him a doormat. A boring unsexy doormat.

Still, some good messages about consent and who has a say in who other people love, going on in all the plots.

If Chloe and pierce continue to date, lucifer should also.

Edited by andipandi