Type keyword(s) to search

Top Secret Spoilers

That second clip looks like the same alley from the promo and Sousa.  I expect he will step out and do his line from the promo and Jack will be like "settle down Sousa".  Whether they try to take her in right there, or ask for an explanation and be on her side - I have no clue.  I imagine they will get interrupted - and it will either be distraction for her to get away or Leviathan forces (or bad guys forces) which out of common cause forces them to fight together temporarily. 

Thank you, Proud Mary!  I assume that the second link (in the automat) comes first before the scene in her apartment building.

(LOL - "automat" is such an outdated term that the spellchecker doesn't recognize it.)

• Love 1

Some thoughts about the scenes: Jarvis is undoubtedly going into custody, perhaps until the finale?  So here we see Thompson with a gun aimed Peggy, whereas last week's post-episode promo has Souza in the same position.  Which one(s) give her the benefit of the doubt?  About the Peggy being on the ledge outside her apartment, we've already seen the promotional photos where Angie rescues her.  However, not only do Thompson, Souza et al not look out the window (a big hint that one of them is indeed covering for Peggy), but there is no one outside the building watching for her?

Despite the showrunners saying that the Agent Carter One-Shot could be seen as a series finale, it now seems more likely that this series is replacing the One-Shot in continuity.  Peggy's SSR profile is now too high to make sense of the One-Shot, where she is once again encountering condescending male agents which are ignoring her.

Edited by bagert

Despite the showrunners saying that the Agent Carter One-Shot could be seen as a series finale, it now seems more likely that this series is replacing the One-Shot in continuity.  Peggy's SSR profile is now too high to make sense of the One-Shot, where she is once again encountering condescending male agents which are ignoring her.

I think if the MCU progresses anything like the real world then Agent Carter's profile will only be high among those who served with her as seen with the Howling Commandos compared to the postwar SSR agents. To everyone else, all the other SSR units nation or worldwide, she remains a woman maybe still Captain Rogers' girlfriend getting special attention and not working the switchboard because of it.  Until enough other women prove themselves as agents in the field that  fear and prejudice would probably remain.

Leviathan corners Peggy when she's most vulnerable and the SSR finally close in on Howard Stark!

"Valediction" - Peggy faces the full fury of Leviathan, as Howard Stark makes his return in the explosive season finale of "Marvel's Agent Carter," Tuesday, February 24 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Agent Carter - Episode 1.08 - Valediction (Season Finale) - Press Release

Posted by Nirat Anop at Saturday, February 07, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/agent-carter-episode-108-valediction.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The phrasing of that press release is interesting because it continues the ambiguity of the dialogue on the show as to whether Leviathan is a person or a group/organization.

The releases on abcmedianet.com have a nasty habit of blowing surprises in the guest cast list for all of the nets' shows. But the cast info for this information doesn't include an actor either previously unseen, or with role TBD. So if Leviathan is a person, I think it's definitely someone we've already seen.

I think "Leviathan" is an organization meant to be the Russian analogue to "Hydra."  Although, Leviathan is a one-headed sea monster while a Hydra is many-headed, so maybe Leviathan has a single leader and dies when the head is cut off (or is itself one of the many heads of Hydra...)

If the one shot is supposed to be the season finale or some variation, there must be some pretty big changes ahead since Howard is the boss (Bradley Whitford's character calls him sir) who calls Peggy's boss and has him tell the office she is going to help him in SHIELD, name checked when it doesn't even exist yet.

There are two episodes remaining:

1.07 - Snafu - Feb. 17

1.08 - Valediction - Feb. 24

Matt: Got any Agent Carter spoilers?
Bridget Regan is currently pulling double-duty as the villainous Sin Rostro on Jane the Virgin, but that didn't stop this Black Widow from delivering a kickass performance all season long on ABC's Marvel series. "I'm very excited for the finale," Regan says. "There's a great fight sequence with me and Hayley [Atwell] where Peggy and Dottie go head to head. I'm pretty proud of that whole sequence. It was a lot of fun. It was epic. It was a big, big day."

NEWS/ Spoiler Chat: Scoop on The Walking Dead, Glee, Revenge, Scandal, Vampire Diaries and More!
by TV Scoop Team Tue., Feb. 10, 2015 12:30 PM PST
http://www.eonline.com/news/623680/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-the-walking-dead-glee-revenge-scandal-vampire-diaries-and-more

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The picture with Ivchenko in snowy weather makes me think 1) it's part of one of his illusions, or 2) he gets away and this is related to the creation of "Winter Soldier".

From EW at http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/20/spoiler-room-scoop-scandal-carter-good-wife-and-more:

Is it too much to ask to see Captain America in the Agent Carter finale? — Jerrod
Alas, he’s still a Capsicle during this time period, but Captain America will get name checked during the finale when Dr. Ivchenko sets his sights on making Howard Stark pay for his sins. Suffice it to say, Peggy will face a very familiar situation.

This sounds exciting.   I raised my eyebrows at the announcement of the LA move BUT for me these writers have earned a lot of leeway and trust.   They made Peggy Carter a Marquee Character as far as I'm concerned and I'm definitely willing to see what story they want to tell.

I like that it sounds like it may be true to life in that people move on sometimes.   I don't expect and in all honesty, hope, Angie isn't carried over into the new season.   I just wasn't interested in the character or what she bought to the show.  I'd be content with Carter referencing a call from "my friend Angie".   And that being the extent of the Angie character hence forth.

Bummed about losing the SSR Office though.  I liked Sousa as Peggy's friend/possibly more and Thompson made a really good "Frienemy" for Peggy.   I figure we are very likely to get Howard and Jarvis in SOME capacity as those were the two relationship hallmarks of Season 1.

I also hope we get more easter eggs for the Marvel Universe as a whole.   I thought Season 1 did an awesome job with that in that we saw the Black Widow Program and Zola.

I have to say, I can't wait to see the crew of Agent Carter recreate 1940s Hollywood.  They've done such a great job with 40s NYC and it's a logical move.

Jarvis has to be brought back and it's very safe to assume Howard Stark has a place in LA.  I'd be surprised if we don't see aspiring actress Angie brought along by Peggy.

I know they have a limited number of episodes to work with but I wonder if they'll tie into real-life events out on the West Coast in 1947.  The Black Dahlia case for one and Bugsy Siegel building modern day Las Vegas for another.

• Love 1

Oh boy, Snooza.  The only ones I wanted to carry over were Jarvis and Angie.  I guess everyone--villains and all--are going to end up in Cali.  Maybe they'll bump into Laverne and Shirley and Lenny and Squiggy.

• Love 3

I know it would make sense since she's a would-be "actress" but I was hoping we had seen the last of Angie.  I just don't think the character has interesting longevity, certainly not to the extent that requires screen time.  A "I may go back to NY and visit Angie" would be enough for me.    I agree not sure I like the sound of EVERYONE going to LA.

(edited)
Oh boy, Snooza

Haha, I should remember that for later use.

I don't really have any feelings on Angie. I just hope they'll let her in on the secret soon if they're going to use her.

Edited by FurryFury

I thought Angie added a really interesting note to the story. Carter was facing being underestimated by people who assumed she was a bit dim and useless because she was a woman with an on the surface of it dull job, but she kind of did the same thing to Angie. If they do go to Hollywood, it'll be interesting to see them in a world that Angie's more at home in than Carter.

Jarvis and Sousa were my favorite secondary characters, so I am very happy with this news.  I enjoyed Sousa a great deal, but I felt he was the one they developed least out of all the other supporting characters, so I think there is a lot they can do with him going forward.  I hope he'll be able to avoid the tv trope of getting awesome character development right before he's killed.    

• Love 3

Angie is about the only person from the S1 cast who doesn't make a lot of sense to tag along to LA, because the rest of the team could be there on assignment. But I suppose if I can handwave whatever reason they provide for Jarvis to come along, then I can do the same for Angie. Because I really liked her, and I think the show needs women. Plus, the episode I liked Angie best was when she was covering for Peggy with Thompson, so maybe they can recruit her to be undercover for this job. And she can flirt more with Thompson, because that scene was also the most I ever liked him.

From http://www.newsarama.com/25014-marvel-debuts-agent-carter-season-2-poster-for-sdcc-cast-members-re-sign.html

“We have a nice organic way to infuse Jarvis,” [showrunner Michele] Fazekas says. “That was always the challenge. He’s not an agent. The case for the first season is over, so the biggest question for us this season was: We love Peggy and Jarvis together, that’s a really important relationship, how do we keep them together? L.A. has provided us a really nice, organic way to do so.”
  • Love 1
(edited)
Michelle: My life is way more boring without new episodes of Agent Carter. Any scoop?

In Peggy Carter we trust! How about this scoop? We'll meet Wendy Fallon, a Hollywood starlet who is way more intelligent than she lets on. She's married to a rich CEO and is at ease in his world. Another new character we'll meet when Agent Carter heads west is Dr. Henry, a "charming oddball" who is quite scientific, but doesn't take himself too seriously.

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Pretty Little Liars, Teen Wolf, Empire, Agent Carter and More!

by KRISTIN DOS SANTOS Tue., Jun. 30, 2015 11:19 AM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/671529/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-pretty-little-liars-teen-wolf-empire-agent-carter-and-more

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I'm so hoping for some film noir elements this season. Murder of a CEO and a femme fatale actress as his widow could work out great as a premise! ( total speculation of course)

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2
(edited)
Will Arnim Zola play a role on the second season of Agent Carter? — Helga

Despite teasing the Winter Soldier program at the end of season 1, the plan is to go in a different direction. “At this point, we’re telling a new story,” EP Tara Butters says. As for the new threats in season 2: “People who are fans of the Marvel comic book universe will recognize our villain and there’s more than one villain,” EP Michelle Fazekas adds. “We’re certainly taking inspiration from the comic book universe, so anybody who knows that will be rewarded.” Any guesses?

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Agent Carter, Hawaii Five-0, You're the Worst and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS   Posted July 3 2015 — 12:23 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/02/spoiler-room-carter-hawaii-five-0-spoilers

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
FAZEKAS: What I love about LA that is different than New York is you have the spectacular wealth and glamour and beauty right next to the grit and crime, often right up against each other. So I love telling those stories. I love ugly things happening in beautiful places. We’re very much being inspired by noir films. We keep talking about LA Confidential and Chinatown and those great stories where you find out one thing—you’re investigating one seemingly isolated crime, and it unveils a huge web of conspiracy and awfulness. So we’re getting inspired by that

So happy my hopes got confirmed! I love film noir, but female characters in those movies were often permitted only specific roles - mostly victims and love interests. It will be a joy to watch Peggy being her badass self in such a setting.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 4

Well, L.A. Confidential is one of my favourite movies. If this show can imitate that in drama, feel and intelligence, then they'll be doing very well indeed. I always find Hollywood in those 40s/50s decades a very interesting place. It seems simultaneously glamorous and incredibly seedy. Peggy and Jarvis navigating that world, with the occasional appearance by Howard, should be a lot of fun.

And you know, this is one case where I'm happy for them to be tropey as hell with B and C plots and characters.

From Eonline's 2015 Fall TV Spoiler-rama...

What to Expect: Peggy Carter heads west! The show's setting is changing from New York to Los Angeles. Peggy's getting new friends and maybe new love—but we all know her heart belongs to Captain America. This season she'll tangle with Marvel villain Madame Masque and we'll meet Dr. Henry, a "charming oddball."

http://www.eonline.com/photos/16921/2015-fall-tv-spoiler-rama/513758

Edited by tv echo

Tara Butters and Marc Guggenheim were at LBCC on Sept. 12, 2015 - includes spoilers about Agent Carter...

Long Beach Comic Con 2015: Saturday Recap
http://www.gbreviews.com/long-beach-comic-con-2015-saturday-recap/

-- They moved the show to take place in Los Angeles because Tara loved LA noir and wanted Hollywood glamour.
-- Next season there will be more corruption in the SSR, and greater powers.
-- The villain will be Madame Masque, for whom casting will be announced in the next couple of weeks.
-- Tara confirmed that Dottie will return, and that she's a precursor to the Black Widow program. They will delve into what Dottie's been up to and who's she working for.
-- Tara said that Peggy's superpower is that people underestimate her.
-- Peggy's world will expand, we'll get to meet Jarvis' wife Anna, and we'll see a lot more of the Jarvis/Peggy dynamic.
-- Peggy will get a potential love interest.
-- We will learn a lot more about Peggy's background story this season, and they will eventially work toward Sharon.
-- Regarding Angie, Tara said that if they can figure out a way, then they'll do it.
-- Tara thought that the S2 theme is "We each choose our own path." She elaborated a bit, saying that the season will focus on two strong women who deal with major struggles in different ways. Additionally, Tara went on to say that Peggy’s flaw is that she “needs to be able to see the gray.”