Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Darlington 500

8 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:
12 hours ago, possibilities said:

I can't even remember why Rittenhouse killed Flynn's family, it's been so long since that reveal.

To punish him for exposing Rittenhouse and Mason in the first place.  Flynn was a whistleblower at Mason Industries.

4 hours ago, bros402 said:

Flynn worked for the NSA and saw things about an organization called Rittenhouse in intercepts

Wow. I guess I was sleep-watching through all of those reveals. No recollection.

So Rittenhouse kills people to punish their loved ones? Doesn't that sound more like the tactics of an impoverished warlord or gang leader than an elite Cabal? I would think they would rather frame him for murder to get him discredited and locked away for life. Hmmm. Which is where he is right now.

On 3/22/2018 at 6:07 PM, Camera One said:

I actually don't mind that.  This is an Eric Kripke show so I'm not expecting any developed worldbuilding or clever plot twists.  I'm watching for the team and the time travel/costumes/sets/culture shock, so I've always tolerated the stuff with Rittenhouse/Flynn/Emma/Connor/Gov't agency politics as a necessary evil.  As long as those components don't eat up more screentime than it already does, I'm fine with the show.

Same. I am in this show for the chemistry between the main leads. This show has wasted GV and Flynn. An obvious way to go would be having Flynn be the "bad" devil on Lucy's shoulder and Wyatt and Rufus be the "good devil" on her shoulder... type of thing. But they haven't really done that. Flynn's story imho is over.   In his own way he was just as incompetent as Wyatt. Connor also needs to go. His character is useless at this point. Rittenhouse is lame but that is all we have at the moment.  A way to go is that they could get rid of Rittenhouse and spend the rest of the series try to right all the damage to the timeline they did. 

54 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I would think they would rather frame him for murder to get him discredited and locked away for life.

I think they had framed him for the murder of his family. Right until the time he escaped and start to kill innocent people all over the place.

• Love 2

Were the plans for the Eyeball lost/stolen/destroyed somewhere along the line in past episodes?  For the life of me, I can't see why Team Lifeboat is expending time and money trying to duct tape that old rattletrap back together instead of starting construction on a machine comparable to the Eyeball.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I can't see why Team Lifeboat is expending time and money trying to duct tape that old rattletrap back together instead of starting construction on a machine comparable to the Eyeball.

I assume it's because Mason Industries was blown up, and Mason doesn't have any money anymore.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Were the plans for the Eyeball lost/stolen/destroyed somewhere along the line in past episodes?  For the life of me, I can't see why Team Lifeboat is expending time and money trying to duct tape that old rattletrap back together instead of starting construction on a machine comparable to the Eyeball.

I'm thinking building a machine comparable to the Eyeball would pretty hard and take a lot more time than they have.

6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm thinking building a machine comparable to the Eyeball would pretty hard and take a lot more time than they have.

I have some vague recollection of it taking years to do, even with financial resources.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I have some vague recollection of it taking years to do, even with financial resources.

Right, and then there'd be the matter of testing it and working out any bugs before it could be put to regular use (which would involve massive training of backup crew members), and there's no telling what Emma, Carol, and Nicholas would be able to do in the meantime -- Emma and Carol had already pulled off at least ten secret missions (probably to plant the sleeper agents and nullify any chance of Carol's other daughter Amy being born) between the time that Mason Industries was destroyed and the lifeboat was repaired.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Camera One said:

This is an Eric Kripke show so I'm not expecting any developed worldbuilding or clever plot twists

But this isn't "Supernatural"(thank GOD, because I never lowered myself to watch that crap).

I think this audience may expect more than the typical audience on a CW (or whatever network that crap is on ) show.

If you're going to drag out a villain indefinitely, you have to have compelling, well developed characters and well written stories. This show doesn't have that.

Someone else already made comparisons to The X Files, and that's pretty fair. The mythology on The X Files got fair and well tired by the end of the second season. People kept watching out of loyalty because they loved the characters and their relationships.

I can't imagine ANYONE loving these characters enough to put up with "RittenhouseRittenhouseRittenhouse" for YEARS on end. The mention of the name already makes me want to spork my eyes out.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

But this isn't "Supernatural"(thank GOD, because I never lowered myself to watch that crap).

I think this audience may expect more than the typical audience on a CW (or whatever network that crap is on ) show.

Much worse than "Supernatural" was "Revolution", which was by Eric Kripke and also on NBC.  I disliked almost all the protagonists on that show, which made the poor worldbuilding and plotting stand out even more.  Plus without the time travel premise, it was more of a shoot-em-up/knife-em-out festival of violence.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Much worse than "Supernatural" was "Revolution", which was by Eric Kripke and also on NBC.  I disliked almost all the protagonists on that show, which made the poor worldbuilding and plotting stand out even more.  Plus without the time travel premise, it was more of a shoot-em-up/knife-em-out festival of violence.

I think I lasted three episodes with Revolution. Such a waste of a good idea.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

That must be in the eye of the beholder because I find him very expressive. You can practically read his thoughts in his eyes.

I do too,  His eyes are amazingly expressive.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

That must be in the eye of the beholder because I find him very expressive. You can practically read his thoughts in his eyes.

Yeah, I agree with this. He has very good handle of his microexpressions, which the last scene demonstrated perfectly.

• Love 1