Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: The Longest Labor

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, tinderbox said:

5.  I despise the name Axel.  True, Madison didn't ask my opinion and it's absolutely none of my business but this is the forum for us to say what we feel so...I am.  Axel Brush?  I mean, really????

Yeah, but don't you know, Axel came to her before he was born to tell her his name!

• Love 8

I think once Meri's obligation to the Sister Wives show is done and the show is cancelled, we will see Meri Move to the B and B, possibly in the garage apartment and just abandon her McMansion. Why would she stay in Vegas ? Husband is now just a neighbor, has no relationship with sister wives and her 2 sources of income are not tied to Vegas, ( the B and B and her Lula Roe stuff). In the episode they showed Maddie working for Meri, but I read somewhere that Maddie and Caleb moved into their own apartment. The aftershow clip on TLC showed them sitting in front of a wall, looked like maybe their living room with a collage of wedding and baby pics. Maddie is now own her own selling the clothing. My next thought is 2 weeks ago we saw the March in Utah, that happened in Feb 2017, Axel was born May 20,2017. Are you telling me there was nothing to film and show for 2 months other than Yasobel's scoliosis? Here is the Link to The B and B. Lizzie's Heritage Inn. https://www.facebook.com/lizziesheritageinn/

• Love 5

Someone left a 5 star review and they hadn't even stayed at the B&B! Others, as someone noted upstream, just left a 5 star rating but no comment. Good thing a FB page isn't considered a reliable source for recommendations.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I wonder how many tripadvisor reviews and yelp reviews have they had?  

Zero on either.  But a bunch of fake reviews on Facebook - people giving it a top rating and then saying they haven't ever stayed there but want to.

Galloway Cave, you beat me to it!

Edited by Kohola3
Timing...
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure about that property.  They still owned it back when Mariah was first attending college in Utah.  I recall she and Meri met there for a visit.  It seemed like they were renting it to family or friends at that time. 

And I don't get why Kody keeps saying that Utah can take their real property if they are charged with a felony of committing polygamy.  Maybe, there's some special language in the statute, but, I've never heard of the state taking your land without fair compensation, just because you are convicted of a crime.  There are exceptions, like tax evasion, but, most of the time, a criminal conviction does not require you to forfeit your real property.  Other exceptions include selling drugs out of your home or car. State might be able to attach your home or car in those circumstances.  Maybe, I'm missing something, but, I wonder if he was saying that as an excuse to not buy the B&B. 

The felon thing is a fundie dog whistle. Joseph Smith covered just about all the bases when he founded his church. There's a slogan or saying for any/all pesky questions ("When the Prophet speaks, the thinking has been done") and he included one real important underlying belief: because his church was the living restoration of Jesus' one true church, the degree of disdain and persecution suffered by the Mormons validates their personal testimony and their belief in his church's tenets. The AUB and all of the other fundies believe that what became today's mainstream LDS forfeited its truthiness when it caved on polygamy and so now (the various, competing branches of) the fundies are The One True Church. Kody's habit of announcing his status during random interactions? He's secretly bummed when people (at least appear to) accept him because he doesn't get a credibility fix. "Ooooh, we can't give birth in a hospital." While loving every minute of it because it reinforces their status. Kody Thirsts After being disdained and persecuted and flirting with Felon-hood because of his True Beliefs. Otherwise he's just a loaf with frizzy hair, no work ethic, three or four dumpy wives, four mortgages, and a shitload of kids.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 22
15 minutes ago, suomi said:

The felon thing is a fundie dog whistle. Joseph Smith covered just about all the bases when he founded his church. There's a slogan or saying for any/all pesky questions ("When the Prophet speaks, the thinking has been done") and he included one real important underlying belief: because his church was the living restoration of Jesus' one true church, the degree of disdain and persecution suffered by the Mormons validates their personal testimony and their belief in his church's tenets. The AUB and all of the other fundies believe that what became today's mainstream LDS forfeited its truthiness when it caved on polygamy and so now (the various, competing branches of) the fundies are The One True Church. Kody's habit of announcing his status during random interactions? He's secretly bummed when people (at least appear to) accept him because he doesn't get a credibility fix. "Ooooh, we can't give birth in a hospital." While loving every minute of it because it reinforces their status. Kody Thirsts After being disdained and persecuted and flirting with Felon-hood because of his True Beliefs. Otherwise he's just a loaf with frizzy hair, no work ethic, three or four dumpy wives, four mortgages, and a shitload of kids.

Yep, they all love to talk about how persecuted they are...and yet, during this episode, he says himself that Janelle had THREE home births. And we all know Janelle has 6 children, so apparently 3 of her kids were born in a hospital.

Or the stork brought them, so there was no need for a home birth. ;-P

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Meri says in her TH before they head up to Utah to look at her Mormon Tara - "I'm an emotional person, but I'm a very logical person as well."

Ummm...no you're not, Meri. Not buying that. A person looking at things in a logical way would see that 1) Several kids in the family will soon be heading off to college, and that costs money. 2) Ysabel's health problems are quite serious, will likely require surgery, and that costs money as well. 3) If you logically look at all your relationships within the family, you're having problems with EVERYONE. Logic would tell you that if everyone is "against you", maybe YOU are the problem. 4) It's completely logical for the family to have trust issues with you - you were ready to run off with your millionaire and dump them all. 5) You can't heal your relationships with the family members until you OWN UP to what you did, Catfish Lady. It is not logical to want them to forgive you when you have not admitted to ANY guilt at all in that situation - you were just, once again, a "victim". 6) It is not LOGICAL to think that in a family with 4 wives, everyone else should get one house, but you should get to have two.

IMO it's also not logical to think you can buy a second home/B&B in a podunk town and turn a profit...or to think that selling pyramid scheme LuLaRoe crap is a stable income that will help you pay two mortgages.

Simple logic would also tell you that Vicky is not your good friend...with no ulterior motives. She's trying to sell her B&B for the most money possible (which, as a business woman, she should). If you continually go there, bringing different family members on each visit, pointing out all your family history that is in this house, you are not thinking logically. You are showing ALL your cards to Vicky, when you should be putting on your poker face. Vicky has zero motivation to haggle on the price at all, because now she knows you're emotionally attached to this house, you're determined to have it at all costs, and she's going to squeeze you for every last drop of money she can get for the place. Meri's also an idiot for believing Vicky's "I could only sell this house to a very special person" crap. Meri LOVES to be told how special she is, and Vicky is getting to soak her on the price because of it.

Emotional person? Definitely. Logical person? No way.

Well-said!

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Question:  What items are you most likely to find in Janelle Brown's bathroom?

A) Toilet paper, a toothbrush, and towels.

B) Gift bows, car fresheners, and folding chairs.

C) Four calling birds, three french hens, and two turtle doves.

D) Literally anything under the sun except for Meri Brown.

Next week:  Everybody seems disgusted with with Meri, especially me because it looks like she traveled to my city.

Laughing my arse off! Also, "Meri darkens the door", ha!

• Love 11

It was pretty disturbing to hear Kody, who at that point was most likely situated directly in front of his own daughter's bare vagina, yelling "oh YEAH!, oh YEAH!".  

And all joking aside, Caleb should really keep the baseball cap on.  

• Love 16
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The trouble with Meri's B&B is that once guests leave, they'd never return.  I'd be annoyed at that little narrow staircase.  and the low beams in the doorway...just all kinds of uninviting.  Those are the things that would make the place NOT well suited for a B&B.  Makes me wonder if the B&B was even real.  Sounds like a way to inflate the price of the place.  

I guess it was real. I just saw its listing as Victoria's B&B. I guess I'm wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/Victorias-Bed-and-Breakfast-125108727555761/

Meri would be wise to stock up on "Lizzie's Heritage Inn"-branded merch such as T-shirts, mugs, bumper stickers etc for the fans who will "just swing by to see what the place looks like" but not actually stay because they're on their way to Vegas or SLC.

• Love 5

I am a bit of a prude, I'll admit it, but count me in as someone who would not birth my baby in front of my dad.  My dad would like to believe my husband and I sleep Lucy Ricardo style--in a couple of twin beds, and that I've only had sex twice, and that was for the sake of reproducing. He definitely would not be down for watching me pushing my baby out, nor would he want to see me on all fours in a two piece bathing suit in a tub with my hubby.   Nor would my brother, for that matter. I'm just old school, I guess.  

Meri knows damn well she could have knocked on Janelle's bedroom door. Seriously? The other wives would have. She's just jealous, and I think she's hateful. She's just trying to cloak it in "respecting Maddie's wishes." Hateful, selfish woman Meri is!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 20
47 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Next week:  Everybody seems disgusted with with Meri, especially me because it looks like she traveled to my city.

Laughing my arse off! Also, "Meri darkens the door", ha!

Me too! Oh and I would answer the question with D) Literally anything under the sun except for Meri Brown.

Or is this one of those trick questions where the real answer is E) All of the above?

ETA: Also loved the Gone with the Wind reference...get that knife under the bed, it cuts the pain in two! Ha ha ha!

Edited by Sasha888
Added another thought
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

After Meri stated she was definitely ditching Vickie's "Gone with the Wind" theme, she & Kody jokingly talked about it having 4 rooms and the rooms could be called Meri, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn, then laughed about what a terrible idea that would be.

Since this place is in sort of a middle-of-nowhere kind of town, it might be a better idea than they think! I could see some of their crazed sycophants  "fans" getting all giddy about deciding whether to stay in the Christine Room or the Robyn Room (pardon me while I gag).

Of course for this theme to work, they'd need to put a functioning wet bar in the Meri Room...

The Sister Wives Inn, folks! Come stay in one of our beautiful wife-named rooms, enjoy some mock tapioca pudding, and make passive aggressive comments towards the guests staying in the other 3 rooms.

The Meri room would have twin beds. No sleeping together in that room.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It's hard to forgive and move on when said person won't accept responsibility. To this day, Meri still acts like she was some naive twit who fell prey to the evil machinations of some internet genius. Yea, she was duped. But she was a whole lot more involved than she ever lets on. If she can't own it, I wouldn't have any interest in trying to get close to her again. 

This. My sympathy for Meri ran out 2 seasons ago. And she talks a lot about working on the relationships, but I don't see her really doing any of the working. I think she expects everyone else to do the actual working. 

• Love 16

You know, if I were visiting in that part of Utah, I might consider staying at the B&B just out of crazy asp curiosity.  I mean......it might be really fun, like some above have described.  You could play drinking games even.  I wonder if they allow alcohol inside. I've always been curious about the state of Utah.  The majority of citizens are Mormon, so, do most restaurants serve alcohol?  Is it sold in most grocery stores?  If it's against most people's religion there, so is it still sold routinely?  I've always wondered about that.

Meri and the B&B  could create cardboard, life size cutouts of Kody and the wives and place them on the porch, so, guests can pose with them for pictures as souvenirs. And sell t-shirts that say, "I stayed at the Brown B&B and the best thing about it was this shirt."  lol I mean......sometimes you gotta make chicken salad out of......

• Love 10
9 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

You forgot the dog biscuits.

Least likely:  cleaning products.

Brilliant recap, as always.

40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If it's against most people's religion there, so is it still sold routinely? 

Oh, I think so.  It's probably the only way non-Mormons can stand to live there.

41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Meri and the B&B  could create cardboard, life size cutouts of Kody and the wives and place them on the porch, so, guests can pose with them for pictures as souvenirs

Or those wooden kind with the hole for a face.  You, too, can sport a caveman hairdo!

• Love 13

Oh yeah....if they aren't afraid to make fun of themselves, they might actually be able to make some money on that place.  Of course, you have to consider that unstable people might drop by too. Security might be a concern. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Of course, you have to consider that unstable people might drop by too.

Certainly a possibility but since Parowan is in the middle of nowhere that might thin the herd a bit.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Ok, kids, that was rough so let's close the books and have a pop quiz.  

OOOOO OOOOOO What did I win????????

17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh yeah....if they aren't afraid to make fun of themselves, they might actually be able to make some money on that place.  Of course, you have to consider that unstable people might drop by too. Security might be a concern. 

Wonder if Jackie might swing by for a visit.  She's as unstable as they come, lol.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And they paid for it by Meri's mom selling her house?  That's a lot of money.  If there's a mortgage, who is paying it?

If the mortgage is around 375k and the house was around 450k, she probably put down 100k. Her mom could have payed that after her sale and Meri could have refinanced her AZ home to cover the mortgage every month, which is around 1,500, ballpark. Also, mortgage payments to the bank don't kick in for around 3 months so that buys her some time to get some inn guests lined up. No matter what she's struggling to stay afloat. But if she refinanced her existing AZ house, that's a shady way of getting the fambly to pay the inn mortgage since they all are, presumably, on the hook for the az properties.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

If the mortgage is around 375k and the house was around 450k, she probably put down 100k. Her mom could have payed that after her sale and Meri could have refinanced her AZ home to cover the mortgage every month, which is around 1,500, ballpark. Also, mortgage payments to the bank don't kick in for around 3 months so that buys her some time to get some inn guests lined up. No matter what she's struggling to stay afloat. But if she refinanced her existing AZ house, that's a shady way of getting the fambly to pay the inn mortgage since they all are, presumably, on the hook for the az properties.  

The mortgage company is Stearns Lending, not a bank. They specialize in risky mortgages and she could have put down as little as 3.5%. 

Shades of 2007-08.

Plus, the property records show she purchased the place with a "Second Home Rider" that states she will be the only one living there and it's not to be used for business. Hmmmmmm.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-nonbank-lenders-20151130-story.html#ampshare=http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-nonbank-lenders-20151130-story.html

4DD41A23-FF1C-491B-9D67-321AA860A22C.jpeg

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:
20 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I'm with you on having sympathy for Meri.  But I don't believe for a minute that she desperately loves Kody.  I think she is over him.

I like them both.

I think Meri misses sex and wants to get laid. And despite Kody pontificating about how they won't cohabitate during the road trip she was hoping to change his mind. 

Well there you go.  Meri can have a cuddle sac visit from one of the boys from Gigolos.  They're all in Vegas, aren't they?  It's legal.  She won't be a felon.  And she can get her freak on.  The ultimate Showtime/TLC cross over!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

You forgot the dog biscuits.

And I was so disappointed, too, because I was looking for them specifically and never was able to spot them.  But the surfaces in there were like Where's Waldo - just waaaay too much going on.

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

OOOOO OOOOOO What did I win????????

Congratulations!  (and @Sasha888) Please present your winning posts to Christine's to claim your complimentary cans of soup!

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The mortgage company is Stearns Lending, not a bank. They specialize in risky mortgages and she could have put down as little as 3.5%. 

Shades of 2007-08.

Plus, the property records show she purchased the place with a "Second Home Rider" that states she will be the only one living there and it's not to be used for business. Hmmmmmm.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-nonbank-lenders-20151130-story.html#ampshare=http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-nonbank-lenders-20151130-story.html

This just gets more absurd by the day.   She is advertising it as a B & B and is hoping no one from Stearns Lending will find out?   She truly sees herself as a super special snowflake, doesn't she?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

This just gets more absurd by the day.   She is advertising it as a B & B and is hoping no one from Stearns Lending will find out?   She truly sees herself as a super special snowflake, doesn't she?

This is really bizarre.  But, it's all in her name, so, I suppose that she'll just have to deal with it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2018 at 9:00 PM, Chicklet said:

I'd slit my throat rather than have my father and all his women watching me give birth. Who wants that?

No joke.  When I had my oldest almost 20 years ago, my dad was standing outside the door.  With doctors and nurses going in and out, I was paranoid my dad would see me all spread eagle.  I kept yelling at him to face the other way so no peekage would occur.  

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I skimmed the article, but why would Stearns have a problem with this being a B&B?  Would she have had to get a business loan for everything to be above board?  Sorry, if this is a dumb question, but I don't understand.  I would think lots of B&B's would be financed as homes since most owners live on site.  I would assume she had to get some kind of licensing to operate the business.  What could the lender do if she really is not supposed to be running it as a B&B?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Normades said:

I skimmed the article, but why would Stearns have a problem with this being a B&B?  Would she have had to get a business loan for everything to be above board?  Sorry, if this is a dumb question, but I don't understand.  I would think lots of B&B's would be financed as homes since most owners live on site.  I would assume she had to get some kind of licensing to operate the business.  What could the lender do if she really is not supposed to be running it as a B&B?

I have no idea. I heard about this on the RealiTV podcast recap and did some digging. Here's another part of that Second Home Rider right above Meri's signature. 

D92D2167-86E1-47B0-B6BA-9B1F07AF413F.jpeg

• Love 2
13 hours ago, greekmom said:

I wonder how many tripadvisor reviews and yelp reviews have they had?

Parwoan has a TripAdvisor forum and 4 Destination Experts (DEs) but no posts in the forum. and the B&B is not listed. Not that it means anything but probably not much traffic yet. Weird to have that many DEs without any forums. I am a DE for a very busy destination and I think we have 6 or 7 for the entire state.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Shades of 2007-08.

4DD41A23-FF1C-491B-9D67-321AA860A22C.jpeg

Yeah, she probably did put the smallest amount down possible. The 'not for business' part of the deal doesn't stop her from renting it out how she sees fit. It's only there for the bank. Basically, the interest rate for a business is higher than the interest rate for a second home. So they're all calling it a second home and not a business. She can still use it as an inn and write off everything she can get her hands on-including gas, wear and tear on car to get there, repairs, furnishings, etc etc...she actually should have presented it as such to the other wives and kody. A rental property is a great tax shelter, and those grifters could have grifted the hell out of it.  

27 minutes ago, Normades said:

They don't have a problem calling it a B&B, they're just calling it a second home to get a better interest rate on the loan. Interest much higher on a business loan. She doesn't need licensing to call it a B&B. Just go on VRBO.com. There are thousands of properties for rent out there, nobody getting any licenses for any of them.

48 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Stearns Lending doesn't care what she does with the property, it's just the way they all (Meri, bank, mortgage broker) structured the loan.  But yes, she sees herself as a super special snowflake, loan or no loan. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 9
On 3/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, Galloway Cave said:

Until recently, Kody, Meri and Janelle owned the Lehi house. All three were on the title. None of them were concerned about big, bad Utah while owning that house. Now they live in Nevada and Kody is bursting blood vessels over owning the B&B. And one more time for the cheap seats, they aren't felons unless they are arrested, convicted and sentenced at the felony level. There is also no guarantee that the property would be seized, either, whether they were residents of Utah or Nevada.

But from what I understand, UT just passed a new stricter law that really hones in on religious polygamy and has worse consequences like being charged with a felony. So I think that's why he would be even more worried about owning property there than before. I think that's why we're seeing more of an uproar over the law and polygamy families moving out of state that weren't too worried about the previous laws against them. I could be wrong though but that's just how I am understanding it.

• Love 2

Forgive my bluntness but I need to say this. Meri just wants Kody dick. End. of. story. I feel like Meri is just like the house situation where Meri said if she and her mom could get away with just buying/living in the house without having to run it as a B&B she would. That is where Meri's mind is at. She wants get away with being put back into regular wifely rotation without having to atone or answer for her prior actions and no sister wife obligations. She ain't trying to watch or raise no sister wife kids, help clean no one's house, have extra people stay in that big empty house of hers. None of that.  She just wants Kody to throw a little D her way now and again. She is the new Christine (former lowest wife on the totem pole, now seeming a strong #2 fave) with an Eeyore personality and little to no ray of hope of it getting any better. 

On 3/12/2018 at 3:01 PM, Gothish520 said:

I agree that Meri is still trying to win Kody's love and attention. 

If Meri would just stop playing the victim and OWN UP to her mistakes, I think that would go a long way towards repairing her relationships with the family. Maybe she has and we haven't seen it, but I can only go by what we've been shown and told. Just come right out and say to Janelle "I'm sorry I was such a raging bytch to you in the beginning of our relationship. I was young and stupid and had no idea how to act as a first wife." "Kody, I am hurt and lonely. The divorce was extremely painful for me. I looked for love and validation somewhere else, and that was wrong. I'm embarassed and ashamed, but I still love you and want to rebuild our life together, and our life with the family."

I could go on and on. But Kody and the others also have to be honest as well.

Never gonna happen. I think Meri is physically incapable of ever owning up to her culpability in the catfishing situation. It is just not in her DNA.  With all the physical evidence on the world wide web showing how into "Sam" she really was (actual voicemails, texts, emails, suggestive photos, trips), Meri is still out here claiming that they all were either outright doctored or forgeries and those that she can't claim are fakes she claims she was blackmailed into doing because she was being stalked by "Sam" who threatened to hurt the family. In her mind, they should see her as part victim/part hero. 

But even if she could own up to it, Meri would have to do a lot of things she shows no inclination of wanting to do - actually live and embrace all the so called benefits of having and being a sister wife. This latest episode was a prime example. When she went over to Janelle's the 1st time, Meri actually said 'she didn't want to overstay her welcome' and left. Overstay her welcome? She isn't a family friend or next door neighbor. According to the tenets they swear by, she is just as much a mom to Madison as Janelle. Hell, Robyn and Christine didn't get an invitation. They invited themselves over and literally pulled up a fold out chair to watch like it was the latest Marvel movie.  Meri acts like she needs an engraved invitation or the red carpet rolled out. It isn't the other wives jobs to make her feel included. She needs to include herself and make herself useful in the process.  She did wrong. Not them. She has been pulling away from the family for years. Not them. She needs to prove herself, but frankly, I don't think she believes it is worth it because it is unlikely to lead to getting the D from Kody so in her mind why bother?

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 20
On 3/11/2018 at 8:38 PM, b2H said:

65 hours of labor?  An Apprentice Midwife for a first birth?  No, no, no, no.  This kid needs to be in a hospital.  65 hours and only six cm is ridiculous.  Just nuts.  I hope this goes ok, because it is not a good thing.

I agree 100%. I was thinking back to what Maddie said about people in the US having the wrong idea about home birth or something like that. I agree with her partially but there is a reason most women have their babies in a hospital here in the US. I believe in some countries it is the norm to have the baby at home so much so that they have real certified midwives that accompany them and make sure everything goes smoothly or get the women to a hospital in plenty of time if something goes amiss. 

The problem with home births in the US is that they're not the norm. It's kind of a new trend I think, and many women like Maddie don't know what credentials to look for to make sure they are getting a fully qualified midwife that will be able to handle the birth safely. Not to mention, I don't know if the midwife thing is fully regulated everywhere in the US like it is in other countries ensuring that every midwife is fully qualified like doctors are.

I also think Maddie was very naive going into this home birth, and I blame this whole recent home birth trend combined with young uneducated new mothers to be that do not fully understand the dangers that can happen during birth. And it doesn't seem like the midwife she used knew what she was doing because it seems insane to allow her to be in labor that long without thinking something is amiss. 

Oh and it really annoys me when women, especially really young, really uneducated women like our Maddie, laugh at women that prefer a hospital birth as though we are being ridiculous. I mean don't you know? Women have been having a babies since the beginning of time and we're all still here, except for those who aren't. Except for the countless women and babies lost in childbirth due to lack of medical knowledge, technology, etc. Maddie is lucky in her case that a long, painful labor is all that she endured. 

• Love 17
12 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

The house can't take money away from their college and retirement funds. 

Well, if we use "Meri-logic," she should have the money because if she had had the houseful of kids she wanted, the cost of all their college educations would have been more than the cost of the B&B.  Right?

As far as "retirement funds."  FROM WHERE?  You either have to have a job, or you have to save it out of your own excess funds.  There are NO excess funds with this bunch.  Earn $10, spend $15.  Waiting for the next bankruptcy.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

not quite, it's been "thousands of years."  So...maybe 5000?

5000 years?  "Humans first evolved in Africa, and much of human evolution occurred on that continent. The fossils of early humans who lived between 6 and 2 million years ago come entirely from Africa. Most scientists currently recognize some 15 to 20 different species of early humans."  So we can assume they have been having babies for at least a million years, not 5000.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 6

Sorry, I'm responding to things as I read the thread so didn't mean to post so many different replies. 

@ghoulina About what you said about Maddie not being in active labor the entire time. That makes a lot of more sense. (I have to apologize again. I have been commenting and replying before I even finished watching the show. I haven't even gotten to Maddie's labor yet.) I was going off the 65 hours of labor crap. It makes more sense that she was having Braxton Hicks or whatever they call them now or just the early contractions where it's not necessary to even go to the hospital yet. But had her water broken yet? My water broke before my contractions even started, and I was told at that time I needed to deliver within 24 hours of my water breaking to keep the baby from getting an infection or something or other. Sorry, my child is 17 now so I can't really remember exactly. So she could've been in trouble if she was laboring for 65 hours after water breaking but that doesn't sound like that was the case. 

And on having a home birth, I could see how it would be a whole lot better in some ways. I desperately wanted to get up and walk around because I was having intense contractions felt in my lower back but they made me stay laying on my back the entire time. It sucked. And I had my child at a tiny hospital where there was only one anesthesiologist, and he went to lunch when I was dilated to 4 so I didn't get my epideral until I was at an 8 so I didn't even get the benefit of much pain relief anyway. I did have to have an episiotomy so I think that was a plus. I pushed for over an hour before the dr cut me. What happens in home births when your opening isn't big enough for the baby to pass through? Do you just tear? I wouldn't be too happy about that. 

• Love 4