Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: The Longest Labor

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

This doesn't sound like you at all, I'm afraid aliens have taken over your body! ;-P 

Nah, I could also see that he was actually useful...some times. He pissed her off when he said to relax her face though!

I know, right?? Lol lol lol! We all know where we stand around here by now ;)

about the face relax comment he made, that was vintage asshat Kody, but nobody was listening to him at that point so it actually made me laugh---at him., actually it always makes me laugh when everyone is actively ignoring his blathering.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6

I wonder if Victoria told Kody they have six weddings a year there. He seemed convinced that they could sell six weddings at $5000 a pop and that would pay the mortgage for the year. Of course he ignores the fact that for that $5000 they will have to provide more than just the space and three bedrooms. Food, decorations, coordinator, rooms for the weekend, possibly cake and flowers. Plus they would need to invest in some serious advertising to bring in that amount of business; Parowan has only so many people who would want to get married there. But I guess that now that he has married off two daughters and he has been married four times himself, he is a wedding expert and knows how to run a wedding business.

• Love 20
43 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Btw, Christine acting all upset that Kody was being mean to Meri was just that, an act. Christine FLOVED that Kody told Meri no to investing fambly money in that haunted hose. She didn't fool me for a second.

I thought that seemed pretty fake too. I don't believe Christine was genuinely stepping in to keep Kody from being too mean to Meri...after all, the discussion was about the B&B that Christine's mother Annie was SUPPOSED to run, until Meri and her mother just tossed Annie by the wayside.

I don't believe that Christine isn't pissed about that. I would be! I'm pretty sure Christine and Annie ARE pissed about that...and it's yet another thing that nobody's going to talk about. Just like they're "dancing around the banana" (TM Water Spirit! Awesome phrase, BTW! Love it!).

• Love 13
1 hour ago, waterytart said:

Can't even lie, this made me legit cry. That pain is excruciating, and I feel for anybody who suffers through it.

My contractions actually had a TASTE, like a sourness. I had back labor with the first, but the second almost fell out! Lol!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Did Janelle have some sort of raggedy ass hair extensions hanging off the mirror in her bedroom?

I saw that, and thought WTH is THAT???? A mop head? A wig? We may never know....

When I was reading all the posts about Janelle's cluttered bathroom, I started thinking about my own...but once I saw it, I was like oh hell, I can't hold a candle to Janelle! :-) Mine could use some organizing but I'm definitely nowhere near that level! 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I thought that seemed pretty fake too. I don't believe Christine was genuinely stepping in to keep Kody from being too mean to Meri...after all, the discussion was about the B&B that Christine's mother Annie was SUPPOSED to run, until Meri and her mother just tossed Annie by the wayside.

I don't believe that Christine isn't pissed about that. I would be! I'm pretty sure Christine and Annie ARE pissed about that...and it's yet another thing that nobody's going to talk about. Just like they're "dancing around the banana" (TM Water Spirit! Awesome phrase, BTW! Love it!).

Yes! Forgot about Annie! Oh I bet Christine is pissed! I'm actually learning from Christine, when someone is going down in flames (Meri, no rotation/ sexy time from Kody, no money from Kody) you can afford to look magnanimous, as if she's being protective of Meri and defending her from kody's meanness. As if. Well played Christine, too bad Meri's got your number and knows what you're doing, hence the seething ' I really don't care what Christine thinks', said through clenched teeth.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg, I can't believe I just cried on Sister Wives! Lol Lol

that was a pretty insane labor and the two girls huddled by the door in the end, with their big round eyes, as everyone on the other side of the door were all shouting and cooing and sighing with relief and joy as a precious new baby was finally born, was really pretty awesome :). I can't stop tearing like a big schmuck! 

That was a ride. Poor Maddie! She looked exhausted and beat to hell. Breanna and Savannah listening at the door were so cute. And Janelle was just so thrilled and happy. 

I choked up a bit, but I guarantee when I watch this again with Mr. Gothish, he will be wiping away tears - he's a big ol' softie for sentimental stuff like this!

• Love 10

That dingbat Christine actually said something funny, in the previews they showed her saying about Meri's mother that she doesn't want to help at the B&B so she wants to be a GUEST?! 

It's pretty bad when Kody and Christine are making sense.

My niece had a midwife and had problems so they ended up having to take her to the hospital. Glad it worked out for Maddie but no way would I want anyone in there but my mom (maybe) and husband.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I choked up a bit, but I guarantee when I watch this again with Mr. Gothish, he will be wiping away tears - he's a big ol' softie for sentimental stuff like this!

I would imagine that Mr. Gothish will be happy he is a Mr. if he is not already. 

The best line of the whole two hours to me was when Vicki (the owner of the B&B) told Kody that with 18 children, his cohabitating days should be over. So does anyone know who is actually on the deed of the house? Did just Meri and her mom buy it? I loved Meri's TH where she said that she didn't know the Kody who was in Utah looking at the house, but did know the one sitting beside her on the couch in LV. Lol. 

Poor Madison - why did not one person in that entire family had the common sense to tell the lookie loos that giving birth is not a spectator sport? She looked about ready to pass out when she finally said "No cameras". I really really hope that we are not going to be subjected to viewing every Brown grandchild that may make its way into the world while Kody and company are still collecting a TLC paycheck. Can you imagine Mykelti and Tony? Will they have a pinata in the shape of a baby to help get through labour? Burritos resembling swaddled babies? Who knows what tacky things they might come up with? Luckily there (surprisingly) appears to be no word that they are expecting after over a year of marriage so far.......

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

LOL that Kody brought an audio book for the car ride to avoid talking to Meri.

And the look Meri gave him before saying how they should be talking! 

@UsernameFatigue burritos resembling swaddled babies has me laughing! 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, answerphone said:

"Oh, it's perfectly normal to lose blood and tissue while you're in labor", says the semi-trained midwife during a horrendously lengthy home labor. 

They're not in the middle of nowhere. Go to the hospital ASAP!

Actually, that is normal.  It usually happens once but if it happens a bit before actually going into labor it can happen again.  It is the losing of the mucus plug.  Blood and tissue and a snot like residue.  Happens to every woman but many don't notice it.

3 hours ago, kicotan said:

Ok, show of hands, who here has chosen to go get some sleep while you are in labor?

Me.

3 hours ago, kicotan said:

Oh wow.  I'm sorry, I guess I should have qualified my question then - I had three without any epidurals.  I imagine it would be easier to sleep if you don't feel it.

revised question:

those of you, like Maddie, who have not been given an epidural, could you choose to sleep through labor?

I got rest for a bit with my non medicated birth.  Only rest because my labor was only 4 hours long from start to finish.   Everyone is different though so if you aren't used to it I can see how it is odd.

3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Oh I actually did! I was in labor for 3 solid days with my first. The first day the hospital sent me home because I wasn't dilated enough--I was at 4, more than maddie when she was in active labor--I went home, took a hot shower and slept for about 4 hours. Got up walked on a treadmill while listening to Howard stern, went back to the hospital for the rest of it.  

Saving that one for tomorrow. Only so many plygs I can take in 1 night. :)

Yep, very common.  Unless you are at the stage where you can't do anything but suffer through the contractions they suggest you don't just sit around.  Sleep while you can, do things to help move things along etc.  Lots of women have contractions for days without actually having the ones where they can do nothing but lay there and breath through them waiting to push.

2 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Did Janelle have some sort of raggedy ass hair extensions hanging off the mirror in her bedroom? 

No a wig I think from something.  One of those dumb dances Christine likes to put together.

• Love 5

I'm only up to the point where Meri and Kody are visiting the B&B and it's so boring I'm not sure I'm going to finish this episode. I may be done with the show and just catch up here.

Didn't read the comments yet as I'm just starting to watch this episode but at 14 minutes Kody says that the new law "will sent more polygamy running into shadows and hiding.  In the darkness evil things are easier to do".  So did he just say polygamy is evil??? LOL

• Love 4
5 hours ago, 80sBaby said:

Meri once again really grinded my gears this episode!! I was so glad when Kody let her know flat out she was on her own with the B&B/Mom's house. She has some nerve to come expecting the family to sacrifice for that house, when she contributes none of her LulaRoe money to the family. She is ridiculous and her entitled attitude grates.  I roll my eyes to the back of my head when she starts her "I wanted 85 kids but poor me, I could only have one." The one she had is a blessing many women want and sadly can't have. Cannot stand that rubber faced woman. I also can't stand moonfaced Mariah. She is a nasty piece of work, just like her Momma. I find Meri, Mariah and Aubrey with their "aloof smugness" annoying as hell. Mariah and Aubrey with their ripped jeans, Mariah with her Daria glasses...aren't they so cool??? Uuuugh whaterver. Meri probably loves the "haunted" Utah house because it's yellow...sweet catfish banana memories. 

When they came to the house and no one was around....would it have killed Meri Or Mariah to go in the room to check in. Just "Oh well..." and leave giggling. Then Meri will be doing her beat down dog look next week about the family not trusting her and not being included. What does she expect when she over and over shows them she doesnt GAF about them?? She's horrible.

Moving on... I teared up during the birth scene. Hearing all their voices and encouragement, Maddie was clearly in agony, and then the happiness when he finally was born....it got me!!

I am so ready for next week. Janelle is finally going to come at Meri and I am glad....we the viewers are over Meri's shit and so are they. I hope they let her have it!

There was a cameraman in the living room filming Meri, Mariah's, and Audreys arrival. I'm sure the camera operator knew where / which room everyone was in and what was going on in the house. Either Meri wanted to leave, or this was creative editing to appear she just left without checking in. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The best line of the whole two hours to me was when Vicki (the owner of the B&B) told Kody that with 18 children, his cohabitating days should be over. So does anyone know who is actually on the deed of the house? Did just Meri and her mom buy it? I loved Meri's TH where she said that she didn't know the Kody who was in Utah looking at the house, but did know the one sitting beside her on the couch in LV. Lol. 

The deed is online. "Meri Brown, a single woman".

• Love 10
10 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Imho The house is "magical"!  =  5 rooms and 5 adults to retire to when the all nests are empty.

Oh, that makes sense.  I couldn't understand what was magical about it.  It looked quite ordinary to me in the middle of nowhere.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

That was a ride. Poor Maddie! She looked exhausted and beat to hell. Breanna and Savannah listening at the door were so cute. And Janelle was just so thrilled and happy. 

I liked how they were all there supporting her the whole time and rooting her on. That was nice. Plus it reminded me of my labor and deliveries :)

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Pollo Loco said:

Good god, what was with the spectator crowd?? Literally sitting around on folding chairs watching Madison in labour like it's a side show. Is there a special relationship between Robyn's kids and Madison that I missed as they're still sitting in the bathroom watching all this? Caleb was not impressed with everyone in there but seemed hesitant to say anything due to the polygamy camera = $$$ aspect. 

He should have said something and got them all out.  My lord, I was APPALLED at the end when we hear everybody in the bathroom INCLUDING KODY watching the birth!!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, cereality said:

For all of Caleb's talk at the beginning of -- if anything goes wrong or I'm not comfortable, I'm taking you to the hospital and that's that -- all talk, no action, huh buddy!? Bc your wife labored for like 6 days in an unclean tub and gross bedroom with a STUDENT midwife. At no time did you think -- hmm -- maybe it's dangerous to be in labor for this many days, maybe we go to the hospital and see a real MD?? I'm sure TLC could've filmed you there too so you could've gotten your paycheck that way.

yeah, I'm not doctor either but it seems to me that DAYS of labor (and not Braxton-Hicks contractions) could be a potential disaster for her or the baby.  I assume her water had broken?  And then she goes on for DAYS!!!  Isn't that an opportunity for infection to the baby?   And what the hell was "a lot of blood and tissue" when she used the bathroom????  Granted, I have only had 1 baby but I didn't have THAT.  If she had been in a hospital they would have helped ripen the cervix and, if that failed, then a C-section.  To me this was all kinds of irresponsible bad decision making.  

• Love 10
8 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

And please don't all think I am insane, and I'll probably delete this post in the morning when I come to my senses, but I would want Kody in the delivery room with me!!! Lololololol (ducking)

i know I know I know! He's a befuddled jackass usually, but damn, he knows what he's doing I think. And he seems really into it, not in a weirdo, pervy way, but in a way that seems very touching...like he really just loves to see babies come into the world. In the end, the whole thing seemed like a very joyous celebration, that really would bond a family together after such a grueling ordeal. Everyone seemed to be laboring together. Well, almost everyone. Meri is just such a dark cloud hovering about with her awkward shrugs and shifty eyes and really strange mouth that gets stranger every episode, (I swear, it goes from one ear to the other like a muppet) Aside from her strange presence, I think they rocked tonight. I'm sure I'll be back to snarking on them next week :)

I see your point, and I'm all on board with anybody, male or female, who knows what they're doing there....just not DAD!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Meri if you are tired of everyone in the family thinking you are not being smart, focused, or logical about buying this house, then actually try sounding smart, focused, and logical. Every family meeting she responds to questions with, "I don't know," or "winging it" or "I haven't figured that out yet."

Come with a plan, not a problem, like Kody said.

Can't wait for next week. Meri not being at the labor when everyone else was is her own fault. Can't wait for her victim mentality to get called out next week. 

This all day long!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, answerphone said:

Is there a forum for the new show, Three Wives, One Husband?

If there is, I can't find it.

I submitted a request for this!  I would really like to discuss this show.  It is actually only a 4 part series, and was originally a documentary that aired on British TV last year.  I actually thought is was very good and realistic- not typical "reality TV" trash.  Creepy, but realistic.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TeeMo said:

If you knew you were planning a water birth and that it was going to be filmed for a nationally broadcast TV show would you not maybe tidy up the damned bathroom a couple of days before your due date? Or maybe they could have used some of those 65 hours of pre-labor to move some of that junk out of there instead of just wandering around the cul-de-sac for days on end. And who keeps such a cluttered bathroom anyway? It is a bathroom. There was all kinds of non-bathroom crap in there. 

Maybe Meri could have pitched in a little and helped with that.....oh, wait...never mind....

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Well, I guess she is doing it herself in which case their opinion does not need to matter or she is asking for family involvement in which case she needs to get their approval.  We know she gets the house, but I don't personally get it at all.  I don't see that many people wanting to stay there in that small town.

Yeah, maybe it does not matter to Meri, but she sure let us all know in the most snottiest way! She sure gets an attitude when she doesn't like someone's opinion to a question she asks. Why ask Christine what she thinks if she doesn't care what she thinks?

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

The house is NOT all that...anyone over 5 ft 8 in has to sign a waiver less they be concussed in the doorways. if your wide, good luck on the stairs. 

In summation:

Kody hands his shriveled berries over to Meri and Vicky (who seem to be pretty close and in cahoots together, hum)

LOL!!!!  Enjoyed your post.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, answerphone said:

Meri's ancestral home in Utah is her desire, only. No one else in the family wants it. 

A home is a huge financial purchase. I just don't understand how she thinks she's entitled to it because she wants it.

I'm older than Mary and there have been many things I've 'wanted', but was unable to purchase. And I work full time, also.

Meri is quite a demanding, unrealistic dreamer, isn't she?

P.S. The home looks like it's in a run down, unappealing area. After the fame of being on a TV series is over, I doubt many would be interested in spending their vacation time there.

And she usually manages to get what she wants--she got the house she wanted. There's no incentive for her to stop being demanding and selfish, or to not have a tantrum when she doesn't get her way.

At least Kody isn't willing to reward her needy behavior and desires. In fact, he seems more than happy to throw her under the bus every chance he gets. You can just feel her cringing inside, which was AWESOME. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 12
28 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

yeah, I'm not doctor either but it seems to me that DAYS of labor (and not Braxton-Hicks contractions) could be a potential disaster for her or the baby.  I assume her water had broken?  And then she goes on for DAYS!!!  Isn't that an opportunity for infection to the baby?   And what the hell was "a lot of blood and tissue" when she used the bathroom????  Granted, I have only had 1 baby but I didn't have THAT.  If she had been in a hospital they would have helped ripen the cervix and, if that failed, then a C-section.  To me this was all kinds of irresponsible bad decision making.  

I agree.  I just felt very nervous about the prolonged labor.  I mean.....did they ever say her water broke?  I must have missed it.  Why did they conclude that the water was slowing down the process?  So relieved that mom and baby were safe.  I wonder if she will do another home birth.  That experience seemed beyond barbaric to me.

Meri really seems totally out of her mind.  It's like she has no real ability to deal with others.  She really is clueless when it comes to things.  I suppose it never dawned on her that if her mother takes up a room at the B&B, that's one less room available for income.  So, then, if the actual worker takes up a room, there are 2 less rooms available for income.  How can you make money on that little place anyway?  

I wonder if off screen Kody explained to Meri that these owners of the B&B were focusing on Meri as a buyer, because NO ONE else would be interested in the place for a large sum of money. He alluded to that previously, I believe.   AND, if Meri pays the high price, for sentimental reasons, no one else will ever pay it if she later sells.  So, if she sunk $500,000.00 into the place, she'll likely never resell it for even close to that. Janelle is a realtor, right? Why didn't she tell them to just walk away from the sale.  With no takers, the sellers would likely reduce the price significantly.  

• Love 15
6 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Can you imagine Mykelti and Tony? Will they have a pinata in the shape of a baby to help get through labour?

Wouldn't that be typical of Tony?  So he can beat the crap out of the baby pinata in tribute to his child about to be born.    Kind of like beating the crap out of his bride (image) on their wedding day.   I guess it would get out all of his aggression towards his baby.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree.  I just felt very nervous about the prolonged labor.  I mean.....did they ever say her water broke?  I must have missed it.  Why did they conclude that the water was slowing down the process?  So relieved that mom and baby were safe.  I wonder if she will do another home birth.  That experience seemed beyond barbaric to me.

Meri really seems totally out of her mind.  It's like she has no real ability to deal with others.  She really is clueless when it comes to things.  I suppose it never dawned on her that if her mother takes up a room at the B&B, that's one less room available for income.  So, then, if the actual worker takes up a room, there are 2 less rooms available for income.  How can you make money on that little place anyway?  

I wonder if off screen Kody explained to Meri that these owners of the B&B were focusing on Meri as a buyer, because NO ONE else would be interested in the place for a large sum of money. He alluded to that previously, I believe.   AND, if Meri pays the high price, for sentimental reasons, no one else will ever pay it if she later sells.  So, if she sunk $500,000.00 into the place, she'll likely never resell it for even close to that. Janelle is a realtor, right? Why didn't she tell them to just walk away from the sale.  With no takers, the sellers would likely reduce the price significantly.  

If Meri was capable this whole time of purchasing the house on her own, why did even ask the family for help? They have zero connection to that place. Dick move. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, kicotan said:

those of you, like Maddie, who have not been given an epidural, could you choose to sleep through labor?

NO!  I could not sleep through what I considered labor.  Some of what Maddie seemed to be counting, I wouldn't have counted as labor.  I showed up at the hospital at 6cm and count my labor starting about an hour before I arrived.  I think they were all over excited and possibly trying to drum up the drama for the cameras.  The whole, don't worry about cleaning the tub thing was gross.  Didn't Maddie feel like nesting and cleaning that room, especially knowing she would be on tv or couldn't someone clean it??  I hope Caleb demands a hospital birth for future offspring because that seemed unsanitary and unnecessarily brutal on Maddie.  

Meri, Meri, Meri.  When I think I couldn't dislike her more, she just keeps being disgusting!!  Such a selfish, nasty, vile person.  She cried and cried over not having enough children, but couldn't be bothered to really bond with the many children in that family.  I loved how Christine is so close to the other children.  She actually lives what they purport polygamy is all about.  Meri had the opportunity to have good relationships with all of these children, but she is too selfish.  It seems like having her finally knocked out of her legal wife status has freed Kody to stop tiptoeing around her.  When he said she lives in that huge house all alone and now wants another huge house for her mother to live in all alone, I cheered!!  Finally some truth is being spoken.  I think when she was first wife, they all placated her, but now they don't have to.  I hope they really let her have it next week.  Couldn't happen to a nicer person!!

• Love 22
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Yes! It's great how Meri is so 'respectful of maddie's wishes' and just 'aw-shucks' shrugs her way around the foyer then leaves, but how about actually doing something useful for a change? Maybe tidy up the wrecked living room or kitchen? Start a breakfast casserole for the morning? Reassure some of the kids? Fuck you, Meri! You selfish, self-centered jerk. Go home to your wet bar. 

Exactly. Meri could have offered to bring back dinner after she picked Mariah up at the airport. We saw that things got real around dinner time because Caleb said that they decided to order dinner. Meri kept talking about wanting to be helpful but not wanting to be in the way. With everyone else staying close to the house, offering to pick up dinner or anything else they all may have needed would have been the perfect way to "not be in the way" but still be supportive. 

I know that Meri feels like she is in a weird spot with the family these days (all of her own doing) but Maddie works for her "business" so you think that part of the situation would have made her feel more connected to what is going on. Regardless of her relationship with Kody or Janelle or the rest of the family these days she must have a decent enough relationship with Maddie for them to work together comfortably. Put aside your discomfort with everyone else and do something nice and helpful for Maddie, Meri. But no, Meri can't think of anything or anyone but herself. It is really remarkable. 

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Normades said:

I hope Caleb demands a hospital birth for future offspring because that seemed unsanitary and unnecessarily brutal on Maddie.  

Indeed.  Not to mention the complications that can arise with such prolonged labor and sllloooowwww dilation.  They announced the weight 8lbs 8 oz, I believe?  My son was 8 lbs. and 5 oz. and I thank everything holy I was in a clean hospital with a doctor who could stitch up the tear that went all the way into my sphincter.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

It struck me as beyond weird when Meri, Mariah, and Audrey walked into the house and saw no one but a camera operator.  She said they didn't see or hear anyone, and the bedroom door was closed. 

Wouldn't you be scared that the baby might have been stillborn?  Or something went tragically wrong?  I mean - come on!  A polygamy family means LOTS of people and lots of noise and chaos.  You walk in and hear - NOTHING - and you just shrug and say "oh well.  Let's go home and have a banana".???

4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

No way should that new baby have been handed around to a room full of people.  Grandparents?  Okay.  "Other" grandmothers?  Okay.  A bunch of kids ranging from about 4 to 20+?  Not today.  Bring them back after Maddie has had some rest and parents have had some quiet bonding time.  And make them all wash their hands before they can touch the baby

THANK YOU for bringing this up!  That bothered me a bit, too.  Hasn't anyone been reading about how newborns have died because someone with a cold sore kissed them?  We live in a weird antibiotic resistant world these days.  

• Love 24

I remember my friend telling me, “No one gets a medal for best birth.” Why would you torture yourself like that? I felt so bad for her. And I would’ve been pissed if my midwife knew I was having contractions and was an hour away. It ended up being ok, but sometimes things go very quick at the end.

My dad freaked out if I nursed in front of him, he would not be anywhere near the room it was happening in.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, answerphone said:

"Oh, it's perfectly normal to lose blood and tissue while you're in labor", says the semi-trained midwife during a horrendously lengthy home labor. 

They're not in the middle of nowhere. Go to the hospital ASAP!

It is, though. She was probably using her mucus plug. Bloody show is normal. I don't know. Maybe I'm the lone one here, but I saw nothing about this labor that warranted a big freak-out or a rush to a hospital. I felt like TLC was just trying to amp things up for the show. But it was just a typical, tough first labor. I never saw anything that made me think Maddie was in any kind of trouble. 

10 hours ago, Loudmouse18 said:

It seems as though Maddie may have been in prodromal labor...basically latent early labor. While miserable, it's not dangerous and is quite normal. As long as her water wasn't broken there shouldn't have been much risk in letting nature run its course...women can go days or weeks dilated at 4 or 5 cm. We saw the apprentice midwife stop by several times to check on the baby and the labor progress. 

Exactly. I went into labor with my second and got to a 6 and then it just stopped. I wasn't having any painful contractions at that point either. It didn't get painful until much later when I started transitioning around 8. My waters didn't break, so there was really no reason to rush things. 

I kind of laughed when Maddie said she was 2 cm and 50% effaced, so she thought it would be a quick labor. I remember being 1 cm and 80% effaced with my first child for FIVE WEEKS. First babies just have this way of taking forever. I almost wish they wouldn't check women so much, or would at least educate them that a LOT of work can go on before active labor actually sets in. I hate seeing women get their hopes up that it's happening when it can really be several more days before things kick off. High expectations lead to a lot of unnecessary frustration. 

10 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Well, Kody did talk about Robyn giving birth and liking the fact that "she was a lady" and didn't make all of those disturbing screams and such.  It was her mother who taught her that a "lady" doesn't upset or disturb others during her giving birth...

Kody is an ass. Women should do whatever is comfortable for them in labor. I am a very quiet laborer, but that has nothing to do with trying to be a lady. That's just how I am about pain in general. I'm the silent sufferer, haha! But I actually wish I would have yelled more, because sometimes doing that actually helps. You're letting go and not holding all this tension in. Maddie wasn't even that bad. 

10 hours ago, Christi said:

I think it was more evidence that Mari is completey checked out.

I think she should have been downstairs, getting pizza, drinks..etc taking care of the rest of the brood.

She couldn't wait to bolt

I agree. I didn't think she was trying to give Maddie space. She just didn't want to be there, especially since SHE wasn't queen of the day. I know Maddie specifically wanted Christine there (at least early on). Meri is so all or nothing. If she's not requested to come hold Maddie's hand, she's certainly not going to sit out in the living room and be at the ready should they need anything. 

10 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg, I can't believe I just cried on Sister Wives! Lol Lol

that was a pretty insane labor and the two girls huddled by the door in the end, with their big round eyes, as everyone on the other side of the door were all shouting and cooing and sighing with relief and joy as a precious new baby was finally born, was really pretty awesome :). I can't stop tearing like a big schmuck! 

Brianna's and Savannah's reactions were so cute. 

10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Exactly!  I had my first with no meds and my other pregnancies I had an epidural.  There is no freaking way you can sleep through active labor with NO PAIN meds!  I'm not really convinced Maddie was actually in labor in those first couple of days.  Maybe so, just sayin'.

She wasn't. That's what I've been saying. She even said there wasn't any consistency after that first day. I think she may have been having some strong Braxton Hicks. Some prodormal labor. A lot of women don't realize just how long things can be happening before you're in ACTIVE labor. She wasn't really in active labor until that last day, IMO. 

• Love 20