Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: The Longest Labor

• Start Topic

Meri takes Kody to check out the bed-and-breakfast she wants to buy; Janelle's daughter, Maddie, goes into labor and does a home birth with no epidural; the Browns eagerly await their first grandchild.

Can't wait to see Maddie give birth in the most cluttered bathroom seen this side of a Hoarders episode (including a bag of Milk Bones). [snark emoji]

• Love 19
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is this the final episode, does anyone know?

According to my online TV Guide, there is one more next Sunday. 

Spoiler

Even as the wives bask in the glow of their first grandchild, tensions emerge; Meri finds out that all the wives were at the birth, except her; intense therapy sessions fail to resolve the hurt, so Christine confronts Meri with some brutal truths.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

I can't believe that I am about to watch a TV show about a gal giving birth. 

What is wrong with me? 

Hopefully there will be other scenes and not just Maddie shrieking for an hour or two.  How long is this episode?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Just watching the first 1/2 hour of this, it is even more evident that Kody is just angry with Meri, he has said some mean things already.  

AND SHE'S STILL THERE, with the family. Guess they've figured out how to just be "friends". Or co-exist, or whatever they have. 

I just stopped watching. Same 'ol crap with Meri-Go-Round and another birth being filmed. Yawn (of course I'll probably miss something earth-shattering in the end knowing my luck!).

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 9

It's funny they are always badmouthing the FLDS on this show. I get why they want to separate themselves from that, but in SW UT it is just not that big of a deal. They have lived side by side for generations, standing in the same lines and what not. They are like that area's Mennonites. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yawn (of course I'll probably miss something earth-shattering in the end knowing my luck!).

Oh, I seriously doubt that.  Since this happened a year ago and we haven't heard anything earth-shattering by now...

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Oh, I seriously doubt that.  Since this happened a year ago and we haven't heard anything earth-shattering by now...

Good point, it's been pretty mundane. Could be TLC would like to end on a boring note--lessens the likelihood of another season. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Just watching the first 1/2 hour of this, it is even more evident that Kody is just angry with Meri, he has said some mean things already.  

Seriously, this. To me, he’s basically said bald faced “I don’t care about you. I don’t feel like trying with you. Byeeeeeeh.”

• Love 7

Holy shit, that whole B&B family discussion just reactivated my migraine. Who's on first? If the purchase is solely Meri's and the mortgage is solely Meri's and the responsibility is solely Meri's, then why even discuss it with the other wives and ask their opinions? The end result was just another opportunity for the other adults to publicly dump on Meri. But Christine does get 10 bonus points for her crack at Kody.

• Love 22
26 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Imho The house is "magical"!  =  5 rooms and 5 adults to retire to when the all nests are empty.

Except that they will all be put in chains for being plygs? in Utah

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I hate agreeing with Kody, but there he goes making sense again. "Meri lives in a very large house alone. Now she's saying to her mother, you can live in this other very large house alone. Asking the family to get this house for her mother to live alone in, just like Meri lives in a house that's too big for her...there's a disconnect there. Why isn't it obvious to them?"

Well, all of the arguments were apparently just hot air since she bought the place a year ago.  Just a waste of air time.

• Love 13

Meri's face always looks so dirty, yuck. <Shrug>

That house,as someone said , is in the middle of nowhere. Who in the h would go there for vacation ? Victoria must get what, one visitor every few months ? Meri should just take the pictures from the piano and go back home

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'd slit my throat rather than have my father and all his women watching me give birth. Who wants that?

And it sounds like he was able to see everything happening, just like Robyn's stepfather. Yuck.

• Love 19

I don't know wtf is wrong with me.  I cried.  I felt so scared and sorry for Maddie.  That was excruciating to even watch.  Maybe it's because I have a married daughter who I would love to have a baby.

Oh, and who hangs their glasses on the blinds?  

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I guess every girl wants her father there while she is giving birth--NOT

Ya know?  I would question that too.  But here is my thought on it:  as useless as Kodouche is, he has coached several of his children’s birth.  So I think he knows a little about what he was doing there.  Was it sketchy?  Sure, but he probably knew more than the idiot midwife.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, cereality said:

I was actually glad to see that Meri did NOT insert herself into the birthing room under the auspices -- of well, I AM one of her moms. She knows her relationship with the family is more distant and while I rarely agree with her, I think this time she did the right thing by leaving with Mariah and her girlfriend and then returning AFTER the baby arrived.

Yes, but apparently she is upset that the other wives/Moms were there and she was not.

• Love 9