Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Keep Chugging Away

druzy
  • Start Topic

Didn’t Catelynn’s dad basically move to Florida and leave her with April for most of her childhood? That’s what I’ve always thought for some reason. I figured her dad was a partier for a time when he was younger, got with April during that time, they had Catelynn and broke up and then he cleaned up his act and moved or moved and then eventually got clean. I think he remarried and has other kids too. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Didn’t Catelynn’s dad basically move to Florida and leave her with April for most of her childhood? That’s what I’ve always thought for some reason. I figured her dad was a partier for a time when he was younger, got with April during that time, they had Catelynn and broke up and then he cleaned up his act and moved or moved and then eventually got clean. I think he remarried and has other kids too. 

This is a Starcasm article from 2012

Teen Mom‘s Catelynn Lowell is pretty close to her biological father David Lowell (he split from mom April when Catelynn was a one-year-old,) but last season we saw her see him for the first time in four years. It was a breath of fresh air for Catelynn and Tyler, but why don’t they see each other very often?

David is actually now moving to Michigan to be closer to Catelynn and Tyler, but for the past several years he’s been unable to make many visits because he’s been living in Florida taking care of Catelynn’s 15-year-old paralyzed half-brother River!

He also worked as a landscaper in FL, so all of his time and finances were caught up in providing for and caring for River, who is wheelchair bound. Distance didn’t keep Catelynn and David apart, however. They spoke often over the phone during her pregnancy, and David helped Catelynn and Tyler make the difficult decision to make an adoption plan for their daughter Carly. Catelynn’s mom April had Catelynn as a teen, (not sure how old David was) so he understood what a difficult decision it was for Catelynn, and supports them no matter what.

According to Catelynn’s FB fanpage, they don’t have to be physically apart any longer! David is actually moving to MI today (Teen Mom Season 4 premiere day!) Guess they’re gonna pause in between moving to watch the show.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I wonder if David's moving back to MI had anything to do with Cate's improved financial situation. 

I think she may have helped him. In 2017 he owed a credit union $7,989.58. He received a Writ of  Garnishment on 2/13/17. On 7/20/17 there was a release of liability issued.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Cait has too much time on her hands, so she sits around, and worries about stuff that most people put to the back of their minds because they have to go to work.  I am sure, if I did not have to go to work every day, and I got paid to sit around, I would sit around and think.  That is never a good life!  I mean - I would not mind having time and money so I could travel, but excess time and money - and nowhere to go - is a bad combo.  She needs a purpose, and to be busy.

Yes; you are 100% correct on this and I unfortunately can so relate. She needs a job where you have to be there at a set time. If there is no motivation or deadline for getting out of bed/off the couch; she's not going to.  Depression is a real bitch.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Rebecca said:

She lived with him for a while but I’m not sure how long, but her stint of living with him almost broke up her and Tyler because she cheated.

• Love 6

We have way too many Davids and Ambers on this damn show. And they are both affiliated with Cate and Tyler. 

Are we going to have to make a nickname for Cate's dad? I get a feeling he is here for the long haul and his MTV paycheck. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Emkat said:

Yes; you are 100% correct on this and I unfortunately can so relate. She needs a job where you have to be there at a set time. If there is no motivation or deadline for getting out of bed/off the couch; she's not going to.  Depression is a real bitch.

Absolutely. It's really unfortunate for Cate that sitting around thinking about how bad she feels has become her "normal" AND enough for her to earn a healthy 6-figure salary for years. Ironically, that has probably ruined her life. Someone upthread posted that she is a crankhead in the making after MTV and I realized that that's totally true. I think C&T with both see major life changes and financial/lifestyle downgrades when the show is over and the money runs out, but Cate is much more likely to end up fully going April 2.0. Without MTV, I think she might have had enough self-identity as a "good" girl, as well as motivation to "make something of herself" for Carly that she could have achieved functional adulthood, albeit as a Walmart clerk or home health aide, rather than a social worker (or whatever she told Brandon and Teresa she wanted to be). As it is, I think she's likely to cycle in and out of rehabs and mental hospitals after the show ends and Tyler leaves her. Hopefully, they won't have any more kids between now and then; he'll work on getting his shit together; and he'll step up to take primary custody of Nova and prioritize raising her as best he can.

59 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

We have way too many Davids and Ambers on this damn show. And they are both affiliated with Cate and Tyler. 

Are we going to have to make a nickname for Cate's dad? I get a feeling he is here for the long haul and his MTV paycheck. 

At first I thought you were talking about Jenelle's husband* and I was wondering how he's affiliated with C&T (which just underscores what you're saying), then I realized that you must mean that Cate's dad is named David. At this point, for such a peripheral character they should demand that he go by another name in order to get paid, like how people have to have  unique name to join the SAG. To make it more fun, they could have contests for viewers to vote on or suggest alternate names, so Cate's dad could end up being called Archibald, or Kenji, or Florence.

*Now that I think about it, I think UBT (as I call him) is maybe the only/original David in the franchise? Maybe all Third Baby Daddy-level new characters should have viewer-chosen names. David (for example) is a very common name, so why should longtime viewers suffer having the name they associate with their husbands/brothers/best friends/etc. sullied by its association with someone who's nothing but a hanger-on to one of the TM cast?

• Love 7

While in "treatment" I noticed Cate had time to get her chewed up fingernails done.  Also where does she get off telling Tyler to delegate Tierra Reign responsibilities to his mother like it's no big deal?  When Cate was doing it she made it sound so dam overwhelming!

Edited by Caracoa1
Grammar
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

While in "treatment" I noticed Cate had time to get her chewed up fingernails done.  Also where does she get off telling Tyler to delegate Tierra Reign responsibilities to his mother like it's no big deal?  When Cate was doing it she made it sound so dam overwhelming!

Right? She lost her damn mind when she misplaced her keys some episodes ago but everyone else should find everything easy!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Right? She lost her damn mind when she misplaced her keys some episodes ago but everyone else should find everything easy!

Lol- I forgot about that. Cate's a spoiled brat. I wonder how Kim, who works a full time job reacted to Cate's statement. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I believe Tyler's mother has an actual job.  Why should she run over and process a bunch of orders every day while Catelyn is at her spa for the third time?  Are they going to pay her for her work like "real" companies do?

• Love 16
On 3/22/2018 at 12:27 PM, kicksave said:

Coming up with  a daily schedule that gets her out of bed 

She needs to get a fucking job. Pretty sure that's what gets most of us out of bed everyday.  

However, I feel like she thinks she's 'above' that. I used to feel sad for her. Now I mostly just loathe her. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

She needs to get a fucking job. Pretty sure that's what gets most of us out of bed everyday.  

However, I feel like she thinks she's 'above' that. I used to feel sad for her. Now I mostly just loathe her. 

I don't think C&T think they're "above" working so much as they've never really had to work and they don't know how to go about doing it now. Getting a regular job (that they'd be qualified for) doesn't even really make sense at this point. Even apart from their MTV income, they can probably make as much as they'd earn stocking shelves at Costco for 40 hours a week in far less time running their clothing business (lame as it is) or posting about stuff on SM. They don't seem to have any academic/career interests that they want to pursue, so there's no obvious path for them going to school or taking an entry-level job or apprenticeship that would prepare them for better jobs in the future.

Under those circumstances, it does make sense for them to start their own business, but their ideas about that are too glamorous and high falutin' (and C&T are lazy and spoiled). Obviously, they have no talent as designers or marketers and the clothing company isn't going to work out. They should have bought a Dunkin' Donuts or something that they could realistically figure out how to run and worked at that. Their MTV fame could have helped a lot with that kind of business-- a lot of locals in their area would get a kick out of buying donuts from Cate & Ty and possibly getting into a background shot on TM. They could have built one or more successful enterprises by the time the show ends. The dumb clothing company will be done once they lose the MTV money to pour into it. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I don't think C&T think they're "above" working so much as they've never really had to work and they don't know how to go about doing it now. Getting a regular job (that they'd be qualified for) doesn't even really make sense at this point. Even apart from their MTV income, they can probably make as much as they'd earn stocking shelves at Costco for 40 hours a week in far less time running their clothing business (lame as it is) or posting about stuff on SM. They don't seem to have any academic/career interests that they want to pursue, so there's no obvious path for them going to school or taking an entry-level job or apprenticeship that would prepare them for better jobs in the future.

Under those circumstances, it does make sense for them to start their own business, but their ideas about that are too glamorous and high falutin' (and C&T are lazy and spoiled). Obviously, they have no talent as designers or marketers and the clothing company isn't going to work out. They should have bought a Dunkin' Donuts or something that they could realistically figure out how to run and worked at that. Their MTV fame could have helped a lot with that kind of business-- a lot of locals in their area would get a kick out of buying donuts from Cate & Ty and possibly getting into a background shot on TM. They could have built one or more successful enterprises by the time the show ends. The dumb clothing company will be done once they lose the MTV money to pour into it. 

I have to admit, I wouldn't get a "real" job if I were doing what they do. I certainly wouldn't be working for someone else. I wish a good business person would come into their lives and help them find and create a GOOD company, like what you've mentioned with DD. They need an actual mentor. And while I don't think working a regular 9-5 is for them, something with structure might help, even if it's just volunteering X number of hours a week at a place. But they need something with an actual schedule. I think Cate needs structure. 

• Love 11

When Butch got clean and was out of rehab, he got himself a job. I know he is an abuser and whatnot, but I was really rooting for him because he seemed to be in a different place. He tried to make different choices and set up some goals. He went out and did something different to break the pattern of what his life was like before. The change has to be something the person really wants to do, and with Butch, he really seemed to want to better his life for himself, first and foremost. I know addicts will stumble along the way for the most part, some worse than others. Butch did relapse big time. Still, I commend him for at least getting a job and trying different avenues. Cate just goes home and does the same shit over and over and over again. No change, no goals. She can't even bother to commit herself to post-rehab therapy. It is something she will do down the road at a later time. She is in no hurry. She works at a snail's pace. She knows her safety net is MTV money and Tyler. 

Costco is too much work for Cate. Tyler wouldn't handle it either. Her sluggish attitude would get her discharged in a week. Or she might fake an anxiety attack to get out of doing something. I have a relative who works for Costco (great benefits, lots of perks for free health care, overtime, etc.) and believe me, they don't tolerate foolishness at that company. At least the one my relative works for. Cate probably wouldn't be able to drag herself out of bed on time. Tyler would probably be so manic and overwhelmed. A lot of kids straight out of high school apply and work for Costco thinking it is easy peasy , but they end up getting discharged because they can't keep up with the pace. Stocking shelves sometimes requires a forklift. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
On 22/03/2018 at 8:31 AM, MargeGunderson said:

I have a coworker who occasionally drops in a reference to how many times she's been engaged (she's never been married). I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be impressed by. 

Like Danielle on NJ Real Housewives bringing up She’s been engaged 19 times like its a life goal. I think she actually announced 20 on last seasons reunion.

Take that Amber. 

On 22/03/2018 at 12:58 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

I guess since Anderson, IN ranks as the #1 spot to find a clueless sugar mama with agoraphobia & anger issues, it is a good match for the big oaf though. 

You should write the Frommers travel guide for Indiana. 

On 23/03/2018 at 3:48 PM, druzy said:

I think she may have helped him. In 2017 he owed a credit union $7,989.58. He received a Writ of  Garnishment on 2/13/17. On 7/20/17 there was a release of liability issued.

Are you a private eye. You always have all that dirt. 

JR4R6iz.jpg

Edited by Kalamityjayne
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

'I' wouldn't either, probably. But she just NEEDS to. 

She doesn't have to be paid to get out of the house and be productive. I spent many, many hours volunteering while I was a stay-at-home mom.  I just had to find a life outside of my house!

• Love 10
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I have to admit, I wouldn't get a "real" job if I were doing what they do. I certainly wouldn't be working for someone else. I wish a good business person would come into their lives and help them find and create a GOOD company, like what you've mentioned with DD. They need an actual mentor. And while I don't think working a regular 9-5 is for them, something with structure might help, even if it's just volunteering X number of hours a week at a place. But they need something with an actual schedule. I think Cate needs structure. 

Yes. Structure. 100% 

Yea, I don't know that I'd keep my regular job if I was making that kind of money. But having this kind of money allows you do a job you truly love! They could go to school. They could take something that doesn't pay great, but that is really fun. Cate could try to get a job at stables, helping with the horses. 

I actually think Tyler stays pretty busy. Their clothing line is ugly as sin and I don't know how profitable it is, but at least he's doing SOMETHING. And he appears to be doing all the reno on their house by himself (well, Butch helps sometimes, but I mean he's not hired a contractor). As douchey as he can be, I think it's good that he has something to do on a regular basis. Cate just sitting around staring at her phone all day and sleeping on the couch is only contributing to her problems. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

This x100. 

At least if they were putting their money in investments, saving it, or doing what Gary and Jo are doing, they could be okay. 

These people will not have this show forever to carry them. C&T are in their mid-20s. When they are 35 years old, how will they pay for all the things they have now and all their expenses? Cate & Tyler are independent contractors. That means they don't have health insurance via their employer. They have to pay for it themselves, assuming they have any. What will happen when they no longer have this job? God forbid Cate has a real major health issue such as diabetes. How will she pay for her meds? Knowing Cate, she probably will forego the meds, just like she is now for her mental health issues.

C&T can't even bother to pay their property taxes and they HAVE MONEY.  What will happen when they don't have any money and tax time comes up? They want the kind of job that doesn't require them to do much labor. They want the easy route. At least put the money they are pulling in to good use to help them pursue endeavors that they are interested in, but they also have to be good at it. The drawback though is, they won't be able to maintain the lifestyle they have now.  Vee, for example, is great with make-up. She was a natural for getting her cosmetology license not only because she liked the field, but also because she does well in that field. She can be her own boss and maybe own a salon down the road. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, druzy said:

@Kalamityjayne my lead investigator is elgoog hcraes :)

LOL backwards. Good one.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, I don't know that I'd keep my regular job if I was making that kind of money. But having this kind of money allows you do a job you truly love! They could go to school. They could take something that doesn't pay great, but that is really fun. Cate could try to get a job at stables, helping with the horses. 

I would quit my job as well. However, my family has financial security. I have worked most of my life and have the experience to list on a résumé. I have taken time off before and was able to get right back into the workforce with no problems. My husband has worked all his life as well. We have money put away, and we don't spend it foolishly. We have investments, we budget for vacations, we have one bank account that is strictly for emergencies, we have great health coverage and we also try and live our lives accordingly so that we are not having to worry about health issues that can be avoided.

Catelynn and Tyler don't have anything to prepare them for when the worst happens down the road. Catelynn is indifferent to her mental health care and she is certainly unconcerned about her her overall health. This is a pattern that I don't see changing any time soon. When this show is over and Catelynn is heavier and dealing with all the health issues that come with being obese, how will they ever pay for her care? When MTV is no longer around to foot the bill for Cate's 7th rehab stay, she will have no one to blame but herself.

19 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

And this is the gist of it, right here. ^^^^

Whether it is a paying job or some kind of volunteer work, Catelynn needs something to keep her mind and body busy. Catelynn is not doing herself any favors by sitting at home and stuffing her face with 7 pound quesadillas. She is certainly not in a position to be a mental health advocate. She is the poster child of how not to handle one's mental health problems.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 3/25/2018 at 2:20 PM, Chris Knight said:

Does anyone know how River Lowell ended up in a wheelchair ? Was he injured or was there some birth defect like spina bifida ?

I think he was paralyzed in a car accident.

Here is a post from his Facebook. I think he needs the wheelchair for certain functions but he can drive. 

river.png

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, druzy said:

Here is a post from his Facebook. I think needs the wheelchair for certain functions but he can drive. 

river.png

His FB page is filled with questionable and ugly posts using memes that are degrading to black people. I am just going to say it - he is racist. He has the audacity to use a meme to state that the Black Lives Matter movement should be about getting a job and stop acting as if he country owes them while he is here bitching and crying for Catelynn to buy him a truck? Fucking imbecile.

Reading his post where he refers to Amber 2.0 as a slut, takes me back to Catelynn referring to Farrah as a slut. 

Are River and Catelynn on the outs?

Is he brain-damaged? Seems anytime anyone is in a car accident, they get the excuse they have brain damage.

Too bad his accident didn't make him see life differently.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

would quit my job as well. However, my family has financial security. I have worked most of my life and have the experience to list on a résumé. I have taken time off before and was able to get right back into the workforce with no problems. My husband has worked all his life as well. We have money put away, and we don't spend it foolishly. We have investments, we budget for vacations, we have one bank account that is strictly for emergencies, we have great health coverage and we also try and live our lives accordingly so that we are not having to worry about health issues that can be avoided.

I agree with this... do C&T “need” jobs at this point? Probably not. Would what they would be qualified for be worth anywhere near what they make in MTV? No probably not. So I can see the temptation not to seek anything else at this point, but in the long run they are going to screw themselves over. Teen mom is on its last leg (although what do I know I’ve been saying that for years), so soon the MTV money will likely be gone or diminished, the clothing line just isn’t sustainable, I think without the MTV fame it would have flopped from the get go, while it seems moderately successful now I don’t see that taking them to retirement. Realistically in the next 10 years they are going to need a back up plan, especially with wanting more kids, the Crunchwrap house and the horse. I don’t know if they have a mortgage on the Crunchwrap house, but even if they bought it outright most homeowners would agree that as a house gets older repairs can cost as much or even more than a mortgage. At this rate and their level of education/experience they are going to be working at Taco Bell in their 40’s barely making minimum wage. The prudent thing would be, either buckle down and go to school now while they have the resources, so that when MTV is gone they are a little more hirable, or start out now near the bottom of the totem pole in a business whether it be retail or food service, whatever, and work their way up so that again in 10-ish years they would potentially be qualified for some management positions that don’t require a degree.

I know it doesn’t seem worth it now, but they don’t have a truly desirable skill set, they’ve dabbled in a few things, I think Tyler has a little more potential, but overall they aren’t doing themselves any favors.

• Love 7

I'm sure it would be hard for these uneducated teen moms and dads to find much work.  Companies don't want to fool around with their crazy nonsense.

With that said they could go to college or a technical school and learn a trade.

They could volunteer to help at a charity.  Anything but laying in bed and checking into rehabs.I

Speaking of crazy..what's going on at the round house Tyler and Cate bought?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

I agree with this... do C&T “need” jobs at this point? Probably not. Would what they would be qualified for be worth anywhere near what they make in MTV? No probably not. So I can see the temptation not to seek anything else at this point, but in the long run they are going to screw themselves over. Teen mom is on its last leg (although what do I know I’ve been saying that for years), so soon the MTV money will likely be gone or diminished, the clothing line just isn’t sustainable, I think without the MTV fame it would have flopped from the get go, while it seems moderately successful now I don’t see that taking them to retirement. Realistically in the next 10 years they are going to need a back up plan, especially with wanting more kids, the Crunchwrap house and the horse. I don’t know if they have a mortgage on the Crunchwrap house, but even if they bought it outright most homeowners would agree that as a house gets older repairs can cost as much or even more than a mortgage. At this rate and their level of education/experience they are going to be working at Taco Bell in their 40’s barely making minimum wage. The prudent thing would be, either buckle down and go to school now while they have the resources, so that when MTV is gone they are a little more hirable, or start out now near the bottom of the totem pole in a business whether it be retail or food service, whatever, and work their way up so that again in 10-ish years they would potentially be qualified for some management positions that don’t require a degree.

I know it doesn’t seem worth it now, but they don’t have a truly desirable skill set, they’ve dabbled in a few things, I think Tyler has a little more potential, but overall they aren’t doing themselves any favors.

Retirement, yes.  How do they expect to make it to that stage in life?

The clothing line is definitely not something that would sustain them if not for the MTV money. They are likely putting in more money into that line than they are receiving back.

I can see Catelynn pulling the disability card down the road just to avoid ever having to work. If Catelynn were to become disabled (I can see her pulling that one in the later years, if not sooner) would she pull in a good chunk of disability from social security from the wages she earned through Viacom?

Catelynn and Tyler are acting like those fools who win  $5 million in a state lottery who go on to quit their jobs only to spend their winnings foolishly.  With all the hanger leeches in their lives, being uneducated and having no work experience, the reality is going to kick them hard in the ass.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, druzy said:

Here is a post from his Facebook. I think needs the wheelchair for certain functions but he can drive. 

river.png

Does he really think this doesn’t make him look like an entitled asshole? I wouldn’t help him either, with that attitude. Not that Catelynn isn’t also an asshole but why the hell is he owed a truck just because Catelynn got a “huge ass check” and her husband used his own money to buy stuff for another family member? River sounds like the type to bitch that she should’ve done more for him even if she would’ve given him the truck. Apparently Catelynn’s entire family is a bunch of assholes. If you can’t afford a truck that you need and you have a four wheeler, sell the fucking thing like an adult to buy what you need.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 10
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, TheRealT said:

I remember Tyler telling (maybe his mom?) that he'd go "out of his mind" if he had to "go to work every day."  (the HORRORS!!!) 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, druzy said:

river.png

I grew up basically middle class and my grandparents had half a million dollars in savings in the bank when they died. They had this money when they were alive but you would have never guessed it. They lived in a small house drove economical cars and shopped  at the dollar store. However even had my family known about the money (or maybe they did and I just wasn't aware) no one would have asked for ur demanded any money. It's just tacky. If someone wants to give you something then fine but otherwise u make ur own money you don't expect handouts

I dated Someone whose parents were what would be considered poor or low income sort of like Cates family. The date worked a minimum wage job they got food from churches etc. When my ex got a large tax refund one year (a, few thousand dollars) his parents just expected him to use almost the entire thing to buy th stuff and pay past due bills for them. And one of his brothers expected him to share some of the wealth with him. And my ex just handed it over like he had a responsibility to share just because his family expected it. I was shocked. So rivers post doesn't suprise me. But I'm glad cate didn't give into the brat. I don't like cate or Tyler but I feel badly for them that their parasitic family expects them to support them and demands handouts. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, kira28 said:

I grew up basically middle class and my grandparents had half a million dollars in savings in the bank when they died. They had this money when they were alive but you would have never guessed it. They lived in a small house drove economical cars and shopped  at the dollar store. However even had my family known about the money (or maybe they did and I just wasn't aware) no one would have asked for ur demanded any money. It's just tacky. If someone wants to give you something then fine but otherwise u make ur own money you don't expect handouts

I dated Someone whose parents were what would be considered poor or low income sort of like Cates family. The date worked a minimum wage job they got food from churches etc. When my ex got a large tax refund one year (a, few thousand dollars) his parents just expected him to use almost the entire thing to buy th stuff and pay past due bills for them. And one of his brothers expected him to share some of the wealth with him. And my ex just handed it over like he had a responsibility to share just because his family expected it. I was shocked. So rivers post doesn't suprise me. But I'm glad cate didn't give into the brat. I don't like cate or Tyler but I feel badly for them that their parasitic family expects them to support them and demands handouts. 

I am sure Cate and Tyler must have shared a lot of their money in the beginning. Tyler buying tits for his sister surely started the ball rolling. I am sure they spread the wealth many times early on and when the family leeches demanded more, they stopped.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I am sure Cate and Tyler must have shared a lot of their money in the beginning. Tyler buying tits for his sister surely started the ball rolling. I am sure they spread the wealth many times early on and when the family leeches demanded more, they stopped.

I can only imagine the pounds of marijuana purchased for the entire family to share. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, teapot said:

I remember Tyler telling (maybe his mom?) that he'd go "out of his mind" if he had to "go to work every day."  (the HORRORS!!!) 

Yet here they are....losing their minds. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Hey, those tits were a business investment - wasn’t she a stripper at the time? ? 

PS: “buying tits for his sister” will never not be one of the most awkward phrases to read..

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Hey, those tits were a business investment - wasn’t she a stripper at the time? ? 

They sure were. lol

Hey, I ain't gonna knock someone's hustle. If they gotta strip to feed their kids, by all means do it. As my girl Missy Elliot rapped, "Just make sure you ahead of the game." Sadly, I know this chick doesn't have her head on straight and was likely feeding a drug habit with that stripper money. 

OMG that was when he was wanting to write a book, right? That was the last time when Kim was trying in vain to get this kid to understand the importance of having a job. 

• Love 7
On 3/24/2018 at 2:30 PM, GreatKazu said:

When Butch got clean and was out of rehab, he got himself a job. I know he is an abuser and whatnot, but I was really rooting for him because he seemed to be in a different place. He tried to make different choices and set up some goals. He went out and did something different to break the pattern of what his life was like before. The change has to be something the person really wants to do, and with Butch, he really seemed to want to better his life for himself, first and foremost. I know addicts will stumble along the way for the most part, some worse than others. Butch did relapse big time. Still, I commend him for at least getting a job and trying different avenues. Cate just goes home and does the same shit over and over and over again. No change, no goals. She can't even bother to commit herself to post-rehab therapy. It is something she will do down the road at a later time. She is in no hurry. She works at a snail's pace. She knows her safety net is MTV money and Tyler. 

Yep, and Butch even had a job that required he do a lot of physical labor outside (he worked building fences, IIRC).  Butch has been a garbage father and husband/partner.  But I do think there have been times where Butch has really tried to take responsibility/apologize for what a sh*t human he is, has showed that he did want to get better, and actively worked at getting better (and ultimately stumbled and relapsed).  Butch didn't let being a second-string, Teen Mom Z-list "celebrity" stop him from working a physically demanding, "regular, boring" job. 

I have to give credit to April & Butch for being some of the very few people in this franchise who at least have not put on airs once they achieved some "fame" (especially compared to people like the Abraham parents, Kail, Amber, etc).  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Yep, and Butch even had a job that required he do a lot of physical labor outside (he worked building fences, IIRC).  Butch has been a garbage father and husband/partner.  But I do think there have been times where Butch has really tried to take responsibility/apologize for what a sh*t human he is, has showed that he did want to get better, and actively worked at getting better (and ultimately stumbled and relapsed).  Butch didn't let being a second-string, Teen Mom Z-list "celebrity" stop him from working a physically demanding, "regular, boring" job. 

I have to give credit to April & Butch for being some of the very few people in this franchise who at least have not put on airs once they achieved some "fame" (especially compared to people like the Abraham parents, Kail, Amber, etc).  

It's quite a show when April and butch become the heros!

• Love 13
On 3/26/2018 at 2:01 PM, GreatKazu said:

I think it's likely that in the beginning C&T were dazzled by the MTV money and felt like they should/could/might as well share it freely. Once the novelty wore off and they started to acquire more significant expenses, they had to rethink being so generous. They may have gone to an "only paying for relatives' necessities/emergencies" policy, which led relatives to manufacture necessities and emergencies, which led C&T to get even stricter, etc. And they're overspending (in the big/long-term picture) themselves the whole time. And the unexpected business and personal expenses keep coming up. Etc., etc. I would assume that they're spread pretty thin financially (which they've basically admitted on the show).

5 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I actually think that Butch and April will survive/continue on whatever positive path they might be on when the show is over better than Cate and Ty will. As fucked up as they are, they've been around the block several times and they "get" that life isn't about being spoiled by MTV and fawned over by idiots on SM. I think they appreciate that the MTV money, fame, and perks are insane, random benefits that have inexplicably rained on them (like finding a big bag of dope) and not something that defines them or that they can count on long-term. I think that C&T actually believe that they are special in some way, while B&A are just like, "Wow, I can't believe they're giving us all this shit! WTF?!?! Awesome!"

5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It's quite a show when April and butch become the heros!

Exactly.

• Love 13
On 3/27/2018 at 10:49 PM, TheRealT said:

I actually think that Butch and April will survive/continue on whatever positive path they might be on when the show is over better than Cate and Ty will. As fucked up as they are, they've been around the block several times and they "get" that life isn't about being spoiled by MTV and fawned over by idiots on SM. I think they appreciate that the MTV money, fame, and perks are insane, random benefits that have inexplicably rained on them (like finding a big bag of dope) and not something that defines them or that they can count on long-term. I think that C&T actually believe that they are special in some way, while B&A are just like, "Wow, I can't believe they're giving us all this shit! WTF?!?! Awesome!"

I totally agree.  Butch & April will keep doing whatever they have to do have a place to sleep, get their next meal, get their next fix, etc....while Cate & Ty have would have no clue WTF to do if MTV yanked the carpet out from under them since they're convinced they're so special.  For all their faults, Butch & April do know how to at least do the minimum to survive in the real world. 

I also LOLed at "like finding a big bag of dope." 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 11
On 3/26/2018 at 9:39 AM, teapot said:

Hmph. To steal a quote from Drew Carey, "There's a support group for that. It's called everybody, and they meet at the bar." 

• Love 15

I'm late to the party because we finally moved into our new house and I was without cable and internet for over a week.  It took me two days to watch this episode...

Maci ~ I love Jayde's new bed.  (Blue is my favorite color though.)  I thought it was adorable how they put her mobile on the headboard, and it is so sweet to see Bentley with Jayde and Maverick.

Amber ~ I like her brother, but he is biased.  He doesn't see her for the hateful beast she is; probably because she isn't crazy and hateful to him.  For whatever reason, he has never been on the receiving end of her bullshit.  Really he has some nerve grilling any guy that Amber is with as if the guy is not worthy of Amber the Great.  Ha!  Amber is an abusive asshole, and she will never attract a mate of upstanding quality because an upstanding guy would never be stupid enough to be involved with her.  I've said it before and I'm saying it again, Amber is such a liar when she speaks about her present situation and how happy she is.  A year from now when this new guy has had enough, she will tell the truth about how miserable they really were.

Cate ~ when they were in the kitchen of the vacation rental discussing the therapy sessions, I thought it sounded anything but therapeutic for Cate.  It came off like the therapists and counselors are telling them to kiss her ass and go along with her skewed perceptions of reality.   It made me think about my estranged "sister" who is bi-polar and she is a sociopath.  She would go to therapy and discuss her perceptions of me and my behavior towards her but she never told what she did to provoke that reaction.  I cannot imagine having to sit there quietly and listen to her bullshit then not be able to respond with reality because it could make her "depressed" or "anxious" or whatever negative emotion *she* chooses.

• Love 7
On 3/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, TheRealT said:

I don't think they have the smarts or work ethic to own and run a brick-and-mortar business. It's tough. Most people I know don't watch TM and wouldn't be running to a TM business, for example, and even the ones who do watch don't like them. lol   But owning a legit business takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice.  So many fail. (Waiting for Farrah's to fail. If her businesses were going well, she wouldn't a. be turning to porn and b. shacking up at Michael's.) 

Tyler acts like he's a house flipper. Maybe he could go into a construction trade?  The problem is, though, that he fancies himself as the "boss" with no real training or knowledge. He won't want to start at the bottom.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I don't think they have the smarts or work ethic to own and run a brick-and-mortar business. It's tough. Most people I know don't watch TM and wouldn't be running to a TM business, for example, and even the ones who do watch don't like them. lol   But owning a legit business takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice.  So many fail. (Waiting for Farrah's to fail. If her businesses were going well, she wouldn't a. be turning to porn and b. shacking up at Michael's.) 

Tyler acts like he's a house flipper. Maybe he could go into a construction trade?  The problem is, though, that he fancies himself as the "boss" with no real training or knowledge. He won't want to start at the bottom.

Yes, this. They think way too much of themselves to have jobs like everyday people.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Yes, this. They think way too much of themselves to have jobs like everyday people.

Especially when Tyler already proclaimed to his mom that having a 9-5 job was not enticing. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Especially when Tyler already proclaimed to his mom that having a 9-5 job was not enticing. 

Yeah, I mean, I'm pretty sure MOST people don't adore working, unless they're absolutely passionate about their field. You aren't special, Tyler.

• Love 5
On 3/22/2018 at 9:25 PM, TheRealT said:

I think this is a big part of C&T's (and many other teen moms') problem. They certainly wouldn't be up-and-coming attorneys at white shoe law firms if it weren't for their families/MTV/etc.,but they also wouldn't have the ability to be (basically) spoiled, moderately rich kids if they had been left to their own devices. Most of them are in for a MAJOR LIFE CRASH when the MTV gravy train pulls into the last station, as they have very upper middle-class expectations and lifestyles without having the real-world earning power to make even a healthy working-/middle-class living. I think it's doubtful that many of them have houses that are paid off, which would at least enable them to have nice places to live while they start their careers in entry-level positions at Walmart or wherever. Within a very short time after the show ends (which can't be long off), these people will literally be making $8-10/hour while living in houses that cost six figures, owning horses, having their kids in private school, etc., etc. It's a recipe for disaster.

It's particularly disastrous for those, like Cate and Amber, who have significant mental health issues. I don't doubt that Cate really was suicidal (or whatever; I think when you're dealing with a person who's in that kind of mental health crisis it's difficult/unproductive to try to sort out what feelings/thoughts are "real" or "serious," which are "cries for help/attention," etc. I take her at her word that she was thinking about how to kill herself, which merits attention/help without judgment of how "serious" the person is.). I totally get why Cate likes to go to a far away, cushy rehab whenever it all gets to be too much, but I agree that it's probably not the best way for her to develop coping skills to deal with her normal life. Even without the therapy, horses, massages, and organic meals, most of us can accomplish a temporary "reset" just from having time away from stresses and responsibilities. There's nothing wrong with doing that if it works in your life, but it's really not a way to learn to deal with stress and problems long-term. Especially since she doesn't seem to do any type of after-care, Cate's trips to rehab seem to just be breaks/crisis intervention, not guidance for how to move forward with her life.

These are very good points you made.  Suicide attempts should always be taken seriously.  Always.  In my personal life, when my mom was suffering in the moderate stages of dementia she would threaten suicide.  I would have to report to her psychiatrist and she would have to be admitted to an inpatient psych facility.  She didnt even have the ability to put together a sandwich, and quite often I felt like she would have followed through except she couldn't figure out how to do it.  Threatening suicide is a cry for help and a strong indicator that something is drastically wrong mentally.

• Love 3