Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Keep Chugging Away

druzy
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

The delusion runs rampant with those two.

Another thing about his comment was the fact that he basically told her she was going to be taking care of the kids because he wants no part of raising any child, not even his own as we have watched for 8 years now. 

I didn't pick up on that, but you're soooo right. Because, really....what is HE going to be doing??? 

I would leave a baby home alone before I'd leave it with Rhine. He doesn't like the poopy diapers? Bitch please. You don't like anything that doesn't involve putting drugs in your body. 

15 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Is Bubby the only person in the TM Universe who didn't hear about Andrew's TWO restraining orders from ex-girlfriends?  The first woman even made a point of requesting that her dog be protected as well.  There must have been a reason for that specific request.  Then there's the drug bust.  Not marijuana, but heroin and ecstasy.  The dude is hardly a clean slate.  Oh, and he does not have a job anymore.

Frankly I'm surprised Gary hasn't found that shit yet. He was all in the know about Matt 1.0. 

2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Eh, she may have (or MTV did it for her), and she just doesn't care.  She blew off a lot of Matt had done as "I've made mistakes, too. He's an addict, too."   She probably doesn't have the energy to care what Andrew's background is like as long as he'll bring her food in bed, help her get on the motorized scooter in Wal-Mart, and doesn't expect her to leave the couch/bed to clean/cook/do anything remotely resembling physical labor.  Even if she did care, she was probably just too lazy to break-up with him (but she doesn't care). 

Amber also made snarky comments about the DV claims Matt's exes had leveled against him. She fancies herself a "real woman", who apparently just takes that shit and keeps quiet (until the MBC cameras are rolling). She's the type to think that whatever happened to those "other girls", they deserved it. 

• Love 11
On 3/20/2018 at 10:00 AM, kira28 said:

Jayde is so cute. Maci might be an alcoholic but she's one of the few moms aside from Chelsea that seems to have real affection for her kids. Fat ass cate barely said hello to Nova before passing her off to April. She dditn seem happy to see Tyler either. It was like she was irritated real life interupted her nice vacation. So when cate has panic attacks and anxiety she sleeps all day. Um correct me if I'm wrong.. I suffer from anxiety and the last thing I can do is sleep!!! 

Does having a baby as a teenager make you delusional lol. MacKenzie and the whole I just know Ryan will be the best dad! Yeah just like Adam is the best dad. Because heroin addicts make great fathers! Plus yes he was and still is an absent father to Bentley. But I guess since Mac thinks parenting Hudson means dumping him with his father or grandparents and she appears to be a shitty mother herself she doesnt recognize a bad parent. 

Andrew doesn't have a job. I bet he hasn't worked since he moved in with Amber. Sorry Bubby Numatt has skeletons in his closet. Amber just doesn't want to look. Why are these girls so stupid?? 

When my depression and anxiety is at their worst, I tend to sleep all the time too. It's called atypical depression.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 5
On 3/20/2018 at 3:58 PM, jennyf said:

Jayde has a TV in her room and I think I caught a glimpse of Peppa Pig when they left her room after putting her down in her big girl bed. No wonder the transition was so easy. I could probably cut an hour and much negotiation from my nightly routine if I just let my 4 year old and 2 year olds fall asleep with the TV on. 

I thought it was odd that they didn't have guard rails up to prevent her from falling out of the bed...

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

"Saint" Tyler seems to be stuck in a rut with his wife and his family...Everyone around him is a mess and he has to hold the fort up. I'm starting to think he likes the role of being the stalwart, the solid one who helps everyone else cope with their addictions and demons. And he is in over his head with this children's clothing line...I could have told him he would be left to handle everything to do with the business. Cate is incapable of completing anything or sticking to a schedule or keeping appointments even. What happened to that poor horse she "had" to have so she could ride him  every day? Tyler is too complacent with her and allows her to be the slacker that she is...he needs to put his foot down with her and make her set a daily schedule of things she must do. She has never worked, has no job now and just sits around the house that's in the middle of a cornfield, getting depressed smoking. She has no goals, no ambition, no gumption...grow a pair Tyler!                

While I agree that Cate needs to make some changes in her life, I don't think that's on Tyler. In fact, I think HE should just cut his losses and focus on him and Nova. It's not about Tyler not putting his foot down or being complacent, this isn't the 1950's, but about him having his own issues and refusing to acknowledge them because he's too focused on everyone else. He can be supportive of Cate, but he can't make her do anything and he certainly can't do it for her. If she continues to not follow through on therapy or any other after care plans then he could always issue an ultimatum, threaten to take Nova and leave, but Cate is an adult. He's not her father. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, kicksave said:

Last I remember, Amber's brother was married and had some kids...now he has a girlfriend? Huh???

"Saint" Tyler seems to be stuck in a rut with his wife and his family...Everyone around him is a mess and he has to hold the fort up. I'm starting to think he likes the role of being the stalwart, the solid one who helps everyone else cope with their addictions and demons. And he is in over his head with this children's clothing line...I could have told him he would be left to handle everything to do with the business. Cate is incapable of completing anything or sticking to a schedule or keeping appointments even. What happened to that poor horse she "had" to have so she could ride him  every day? Tyler is too complacent with her and allows her to be the slacker that she is...he needs to put his foot down with her and make her set a daily schedule of things she must do. She has never worked, has no job now and just sits around the house that's in the middle of a cornfield, getting depressed smoking. She has no goals, no ambition, no gumption...grow a pair Tyler!                

Teen Mom Time moves fast, but I think Shawn and his wife have been divorced for a while. Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't had a few wives/baby's mothers/serious girlfriends since the divorce because that's how so many of the Teen Mom franchise members (& family members) roll.

Agree on Tyler.  He LOVES it.  He loves being the put-upon, sacrificing, heroic savior of the family. 

• Love 8
On 3/21/2018 at 6:09 AM, ghoulina said:

Apparently expressing an INTEREST in something is the same as having a job. I guess I've got about 50 of them. 

'You decorate Dad's office and now you're a decorator? Okay. I went to the zoo yesterday, and now I'm a koala.'

Yes, I can find a Friends reference in everything.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:58 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

I kept hearing @GreatKazu yell "clean your folds!!!" any time she was on the screen. 

Ahahahaha omg 'clean your folds' is such an instant classic!

7 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Eh, she may have (or MTV did it for her), but she just doesn't care what it turned up.  She blew off a lot of Matt had done as "I've made mistakes, too. He's an addict, too."   She probably doesn't have the energy to care what Andrew's background is like as long as he'll bring her food in bed, help her get on the motorized scooter in Wal-Mart, and doesn't expect her to leave the couch/bed to clean/cook/do anything remotely resembling physical labor.  Even if she did care, she was probably just too lazy to break-up with him (but she doesn't care). 

This was a hilarious image in my head until I remembered it actually happened. Jesus God, Amber.

Also, Amber's 'I've been engaged 4 times'! I'm 29 and have been engaged zero times. In Teen Mom maths (similar to Teen Mom time in which a month is a year), that means Amber is 400% better than me in every way. According to her, at least.

• Love 12

Bentley’s going to inherit TTM someday? Ahaha! Macy’s “grudge” with Ryan isn’t over “the past” - he’s still nearly as shitty of a father as ever. What the hell has changed? Maci, quit calling your younger two kids “the babies” - it sounds stupid. They’re both walking.

Mackenzie’s stupid laugh like it was a joke when Ryan said that he’ll be ready to be a dad to their potential kid “when he’s 10 again” was gag inducing. Maybe that joke would be funny for a first time dad to say. Or a father who is involved with his current kid(s). It’s not funny when it’s the actual fact - he hasn’t been a father to Bentley, who will be 10 this year. Unless things have majorly changed since this was filmed, he’s still not. God help me, they are idiots! I caaaaan’t with them having a kid together. Mackenzie, you’re fucking 21, already divorced and remarried, already have a kid and your beloved is already a TEN YEAR deadbeat dad who is most likely still using drugs. You’re fucking stupid. And I still see no love between “y’all” at all. Mackenzie, YOU are the “hot mess express.” You’re fucking dumb if you think Ryan “tried” with Bentley. WE STILL SEE HIM PUTTING IN, maybe, 10% effort. She’s so fucking stupid I can barely stand it.

I’m sick of seeing the clip of Catelynn saying she “contemplated every single way to kill [herself].” It’s not that I don’t believe she was or could be suicidal, I just don’t see why it’s necessary to be so dramatic by saying “every single way.” I know I’m quibbling but I’m certain she didn’t think of “every single way” and it makes her statement seem planned for maximum dramatic effect. Or I’m just an asshole. So no one is allowed to tell Catelynn she can’t sleep all day? What? I guess I see why she loves “rehab” so much.

Woe is Tyler, he has to take care of one child “by himself” while wrapping some ugly clothes in tissue paper and putting them in the mail. I’ll never believe he spends even 25 hours a week on that shit. So he’s in a much easier position than most parents, in regard to having to work and having a child. Can’t say I envy the anchor that is Catelynn and his family drama but his big complaint this week was having “so much work” and that’s just a joke. Nova likes to eat raw onions? Ok.

Holy shit, Amber actually took Leah on the trip with her. “Bubby” probably insisted. Just shut up, Amber, about everything, always. She seemed extra weird when they first got to her brother’s house. Andrew is a writing writer who writes, ok?! Amber was single for 4 years (when she was in prison? We all saw how she was with her “celly”...) and she was only with Matt for like 5 minutes! She’s been with Andrew for 6 years now! Amber math always works in her favor.

• Love 24
29 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Bentley’s going to inherit TTM someday? Ahaha! Macy’s “grudge” with Ryan isn’t over “the past” - he’s still nearly as shitty of a father as ever. What the hell has changed? Maci, quit calling your younger two kids “the babies” - it sounds stupid. They’re both walking.

Mackenzie’s stupid laugh like it was a joke when Ryan said that he’ll be ready to be a dad to their potential kid “when he’s 10 again” was gag inducing. Maybe that joke would be funny for a first time dad to say. Or a father who is involved with his current kid(s). It’s not funny when it’s the actual fact - he hasn’t been a father to Bentley, who will be 10 this year. Unless things have majorly changed since this was filmed, he’s still not. God help me, they are idiots! I caaaaan’t with them having a kid together. Mackenzie, you’re fucking 21, already divorced and remarried, already have a kid and your beloved is already a TEN YEAR deadbeat dad who is most likely still using drugs. You’re fucking stupid. And I still see no love between “y’all” at all. Mackenzie, YOU are the “hot mess express.” You’re fucking dumb if you think Ryan “tried” with Bentley. WE STILL SEE HIM PUTTING IN, maybe, 10% effort. She’s so fucking stupid I can barely stand it.

I’m sick of seeing the clip of Catelynn saying she “contemplated every single way to kill [herself].” It’s not that I don’t believe she was or could be suicidal, I just don’t see why it’s necessary to be so dramatic by saying “every single way.” I know I’m quibbling but I’m certain she didn’t think of “every single way” and it makes her statement seem planned for maximum dramatic effect. Or I’m just an asshole. So no one is allowed to tell Catelynn she can’t sleep all day? What? I guess I see why she loves “rehab” so much.

Woe is Tyler, he has to take care of one child “by himself” while wrapping some ugly clothes in tissue paper and putting them in the mail. I’ll never believe he spends even 25 hours a week on that shit. So he’s in a much easier position than most parents, in regard to having to work and having a child. Can’t say I envy the anchor that is Catelynn and his family drama but his big complaint this week was having “so much work” and that’s just a joke. Nova likes to eat raw onions? Ok.

Holy shit, Amber actually took Leah on the trip with her. “Bubby” probably insisted. Just shut up, Amber, about everything, always. She seemed extra weird when they first got to her brother’s house. Andrew is a writing writer who writes, ok?! Amber was single for 4 years (when she was in prison? We all saw how she was with her “celly”...) and she was only with Matt for like 5 minutes! She’s been with Andrew for 6 years now! Amber math always works in her favor.

If I only had one "like" left to use forever, I'd use it on this post! Agree AmberMath% with everything you said. 

• Love 5
On 3/20/2018 at 12:39 AM, Kalamityjayne said:

I legit thought in that flashback with Matt it was NuMatt when they kept showing him from the back and side. 

NuMatts lips make me very uncomfortable. They’re so gross and are highlighted by the raccoon that curls itself around his lower face. And oh he’s a screenwriter. Sure Jan.

Mackenzie NEEDS Maci to be hung up on Rine doesn’t she? Why are they so sure she’s still in love with Rine and why do they say it every single episode?

Rine doesn’t like the diaper stage, or the crawling stage or the potty training stage or the going to school stage or any stage in between.  But sure, go ahead and have a baby. 

My kid “their baby is gonna be ugly.”

Well...

Where was “huddles” (ugh) during their quiet dinner with the pampered puppy, who should be their only baby, and during their earlier scene?  Do they ever have any of the current kids they have to even decide to have a baby together? 

That scene with Taylor putting the bed together- Rines future kid would be sleeping in the bed box waiting on him to finish it for weeks until Larry came to finish it. Of course Larry wouldn’t be able to because Rine stole his tools.

Mackenzie’s friend seems like she is sensible and Macktruck is such a small person that she can’t take any blame for anything or believe Rine, who she probably sees as an extension of herself, ever did wrong. All you have to do is watch one episode and know he’s a shit excuse for a dad.  When has he tried “SO hard “ on anything?

Delusional dipshits.

Also on the delusional dipshit front: 

Amber and NuMatt talking about marriage. They can just join their caboose to Mack’s “hot mess express” is She the only person left saying that hackneyed trite saying?

April has quite a script to learn in order Tyler is going to be the next to rehab. He looks dead exhausted and overwhelmed in every scene. I didn’t realize she’d only been away a week for this filming until they said so. I’d have guessed a Month. 

Cates dad looks... normal?  So they both had one normal seeming parent and one crack fiend? Not to say he didn’t do drugs idk If I’ve ever seen him, but he doesn’t look like a meth head like butch and April. ... and Cate.

I’m glad Amber is giving us new scenery. Florida couches are way better than Indiana couches.  Also serving us brother in bed instead of the normal slug and Ogre in bed.

Whew well said loved it!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

’m sick of seeing the clip of Catelynn saying she “contemplated every single way to kill [herself].” It’s not that I don’t believe she was or could be suicidal, I just don’t see why it’s necessary to be so dramatic by saying “every single way.” I know I’m quibbling but I’m certain she didn’t think of “every single way” and it makes her statement seem planned for maximum dramatic effect. Or I’m just an asshole. So no one is allowed to tell Catelynn she can’t sleep all day?

No, I agree, it seems like a way to “one up” people... and especially because it’s verbatim what she tweeted when she first went for treatment, it feels like it was said more for a soundbyte than feelings. It’s not a contest to come up with ways to kill yourself, I’m sure if she googled it there would be a plethora of information out there. 

I know y’all are probably tired of my 2 cents on the issue, it’s just one I feel really passionate about, and I’m tired of tweedledumb and tweedledumber acting like the authority on mental health. There is a fine line between being honest about suicide and glorifying it and I feel like Cate does the latter. I am not saying Cate did it for attention, I can’t speak to her motives because I don’t know her in real life, but from the outside looking in she made a cry for help and got a shit ton of attention for it... people see that and unfortunately suicide ideation is frequently a ploy for attention so it breeds copy cats. I want to be clear that I’m not saying you shouldn’t ask for help, or that anyone who asks for help is doing it for attention, but when it is glorified and people see Cate getting all this positive attention and a fancy rehab, there are going to be people who think “hey I wanna do that” and make false claims, which diminishes the importance for people who are actually struggling but can’t ask or are scared to ask for help because nobody will believe them since so many cry wolf (I should disclose I took NyQuil a bit ago for my cold, so this is not my most coherent thought process ever, but I hope y’all get my point).

• Love 17
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Brooklynista said:

Just so I’m clear...Mackenzie is studying nursing so Ryan can have easier access to drugs. Right?

Or so that she can qualify for a check for being Ryan's home health nurse.

On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Brooklynista said:

Just so I’m clear...Mackenzie is studying nursing so Ryan can have easier access to drugs. Right?

Or so that she can qualify for a check for being Ryan's home health nurse.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, leighroda said:

No, I agree, it seems like a way to “one up” people... and especially because it’s verbatim what she tweeted when she first went for treatment, it feels like it was said more for a soundbyte than feelings. It’s not a contest to come up with ways to kill yourself, I’m sure if she googled it there would be a plethora of information out there. 

I know y’all are probably tired of my 2 cents on the issue, it’s just one I feel really passionate about, and I’m tired of tweedledumb and tweedledumber acting like the authority on mental health. There is a fine line between being honest about suicide and glorifying it and I feel like Cate does the latter. I am not saying Cate did it for attention, I can’t speak to her motives because I don’t know her in real life, but from the outside looking in she made a cry for help and got a shit ton of attention for it... people see that and unfortunately suicide ideation is frequently a ploy for attention so it breeds copy cats. I want to be clear that I’m not saying you shouldn’t ask for help, or that anyone who asks for help is doing it for attention, but when it is glorified and people see Cate getting all this positive attention and a fancy rehab, there are going to be people who think “hey I wanna do that” and make false claims, which diminishes the importance for people who are actually struggling but can’t ask or are scared to ask for help because nobody will believe them since so many cry wolf (I should disclose I took NyQuil a bit ago for my cold, so this is not my most coherent thought process ever, but I hope y’all get my point).

I am never tired of your posts on this topic. You say what a lot of us are feeling, and I know sometimes I can't put it into words as well as you do. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, monicageller said:

Also, Amber's 'I've been engaged 4 times'! I'm 29 and have been engaged zero times. In Teen Mom maths (similar to Teen Mom time in which a month is a year), that means Amber is 400% better than me in every way. According to her, at least.

I have a coworker who occasionally drops in a reference to how many times she's been engaged (she's never been married). I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be impressed by. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Amber was single for 4 years (when she was in prison? We all saw how she was with her “celly”...) and she was only with Matt for like 5 minutes! She’s been with Andrew for 6 years now! Amber math always works in her favor.

I hope Jenelle uses Amber math while prepping her SCUBA tanks. (Please see Jenelle’s thread to get this joke.)

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7

Whenever I see Mac and Ryan, it just reiterates how stupid they both are.  Here we have Maci, who has these lovely children keeping her relatively busy, and seemingly normal, and clearly her life is better than Mac and Ryan--but yet they act like Maci has all of this focus on them, when we all know she could care less about them.  I just don't get how they can't see they are the losers?  And I know Maci isn't perfect, I am just saying in comparison her life looks a million times better than theirs....

• Love 19
On 3/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, Booger666 said:

IIRC, Gary and Shawn were friends, then Gary moved in on Amber without clearing it with Shawn, Shawn got pissed and ended his friendship with Gary.  If Bubby were to have a moment of clarity I imagine he wishes Gary would take care of Amber, but he hasn’t gotten past the anger of his friend moving in on his little sister.

So true.  NuMatt has lived in CA his whole life and his father was in the entertainment biz.  If he had written anything remotely interesting it would’ve sold by now.  He’s probably all over Hollywood trying to pitch a love story about a personality deprived Hagrid and a slug with emotional detachment issues and how they make couch babies.

You are epic!!! That’s all.

• Love 6

Amber's 'I've been engaged 4 times'! I'm 29 and have been engaged zero times. In Teen Mom maths (similar to Teen Mom time in which a month is a year), that means Amber is 400% better than me in every way. According to her, at least.

For every engagement there were at least three guys in between. Let's hear Amber use her special kind of math to tell us how many guys she has had sex with. She may need an abacus to calculate. 

I can't forget what Gary said about Amber cheating on him and hooking up with random dudes at the clubs while he was at home caring for Leah. 

#MrsBoogerButtPuta

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
On 3/20/2018 at 2:01 PM, Claire85 said:

Cate only had two things on the list for her mom? Was she paying attention during her own 16 & Pregnant? April’s list should be a mile long. 

I dislike but also feel sorry for Cate. I hate April with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. 

Cate doesn't really hold April accountable for being a shitty mom/person. I think it's part of her low self-esteem issues as well as a need/desire to have a good (at least on a surface level) relationship with April. I also thought it was interesting that Cate and Tyler acted like it's a given that their relationship is great and plays no part in Cate's problems. It's obvious just from watching the show that they both have significant frustrations about their marriage and Cate, especially, certainly doesn't act like someone who is super secure and fulfilled in her relationship. She's in denial about so much-- pretending to be totally fine with Carly's adoption, pretending to be totally fine with April, pretending to be totally fine with Tyler, pretending to love being a mom to Nova-- it must be exhausting.

The talk about what will happen to C&T after the show is over got me wondering whether they make twice as much money as the other moms? It doesn't seem like MTV could pay them as a unit, so even if individually they make a little less than the others, they must still pull in significantly more than the others collectively.

• Love 16
On 3/19/2018 at 11:39 PM, Kalamityjayne said:

NuMatts lips make me very uncomfortable. They’re so gross and are highlighted by the raccoon that curls itself around his lower face. And oh he’s a screenwriter. Sure Jan.

RIGHT? Ugh, the lips.  His lower face grosses me out.  Plug sometimes guys big like him look like they have some pituitary gland issue.

Leah's going to need therapy when she learns people have real names with 1 or more syllable.  Bubba, BooBoo.  Amber, stop.  It's not cute anymore.

NuMatt: "I like the sense of community in Indiana".  How do you know about sense of community when Ambers travels of Indiana are from her bed to the sofa? 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

NuMatt: "I like the sense of community in Indiana".  How do you know about sense of community when Ambers travels of Indiana are from her bed to the sofa? 

THIS. Plus, I live in a beach town about 55 miles south of Malibu, and a few years back we were ranked the #4 friendliest city in America by Forbes magazine. You don't have to go all the way to Indiana for a "sense of community" dipshit! I guess since Anderson, IN ranks as the #1 spot to find a clueless sugar mama with agoraphobia & anger issues, it is a good match for the big oaf though. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

Cate doesn't really hold April accountable for being a shitty mom/person. I think it's part of her low self-esteem issues as well as a need/desire to have a good (at least on a surface level) relationship with April. I also thought it was interesting that Cate and Tyler acted like it's a given that their relationship is great and plays no part in Cate's problems. It's obvious just from watching the show that they both have significant frustrations about their marriage and Cate, especially, certainly doesn't act like someone who is super secure and fulfilled in her relationship. She's in denial about so much-- pretending to be totally fine with Carly's adoption, pretending to be totally fine with April, pretending to be totally fine with Tyler, pretending to love being a mom to Nova-- it must be exhausting.

The talk about what will happen to C&T after the show is over got me wondering whether they make twice as much money as the other moms? It doesn't seem like MTV could pay them as a unit, so even if individually they make a little less than the others, they must still pull in significantly more than the others collectively.

Pretending her and Tyler have a sex life... pretending there’s a “party in his pants”... pretending to do weight watchers and adding a shit ton of sour cream to a quesadilla. 

Edited by JuliesMommy
Typo lol
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, mamadrama said:

While I agree that Cate needs to make some changes in her life, I don't think that's on Tyler. In fact, I think HE should just cut his losses and focus on him and Nova. It's not about Tyler not putting his foot down or being complacent, this isn't the 1950's, but about him having his own issues and refusing to acknowledge them because he's too focused on everyone else. He can be supportive of Cate, but he can't make her do anything and he certainly can't do it for her. If she continues to not follow through on therapy or any other after care plans then he could always issue an ultimatum, threaten to take Nova and leave, but Cate is an adult. He's not her father. 

I wasn't saying it was on Tyler to change her...what I was saying was that as her partner, the co-parent, and her business partner, he should have some expectations for improvement in her life...just going to a treatment center and then coming home and relapsing in to the same malaise that put her into treatment in the first place is unfair to Tyler and Nova. He should be able to discuss with her some expectations for positive changes rather than rubber stamping things like buying a horse or another house thinking that these things will get her out of bed and make her happy. What about his happiness? Ideally, they should be in couples counseling with a competent counselor. No, it's not the 1950's, but a husband should able to be a part of of this process and express himself without worrying that his wife is so fragile she cannot have a conversation like this without threatening suicide. Coming up with  a daily schedule that gets her out of bed and functioning in a healthy way should be something that Tyler can help her achieve and he shouldn't be afraid to sit down and have some expectations of her to continue with therapy and medication for her depression. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, kicksave said:

I thought it was odd that they didn't have guard rails up to prevent her from falling out of the bed...

We don't have guardrails on either of my kids beds.  We got some at first and couldn't find any that fit their beds for some weird reason.   They've each only fallen out of their beds once and their beds are like, a foot and a half off the floor.  It's fine.

Maci gets a lot of hate around here, but you can't look at those kids and say she's a crap mom.  They're polite, kind and loving towards one another.  They're all clearly happy.  She must be doing SOMETHING right.

17 hours ago, Rebecca said:

My daughter is three and I refer to her as the baby because she's my youngest.  Hell, I'll probably still call her that when she's thirty. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, lezlers said:

We don't have guardrails on either of my kids beds.  We got some at first and couldn't find any that fit their beds for some weird reason.   They've each only fallen out of their beds once and their beds are like, a foot and a half off the floor.  It's fine.

Maci gets a lot of hate around here, but you can't look at those kids and say she's a crap mom.  They're polite, kind and loving towards one another.  They're all clearly happy.  She must be doing SOMETHING right.

My daughter is three and I refer to her as the baby because she's my youngest.  Hell, I'll probably still call her that when she's thirty. 

All three of my kids used guard rails...I guess I just never wanted to leave it to chance that may or may not fall out...Jayde's bed wasn't low to the ground BTW....but whatever...guess I'm just overly cautious.

• Love 2
Just now, kicksave said:

All three of my kids used guard rails...I guess I just never wanted to leave it to chance that may or may not fall out...Jayde's bed wasn't low to the ground BTW....but whatever...guess I'm just overly cautious.

3 here too and they all had the side rails at one point. She could be a sound sleeper. My middle daughter would wake up in the same position she was in when I left the room. When she was awake, and she wasn’t in bed, she always seemed to be moving and talking, and talking......

BUT!! At 10 years old, no side rails, my oldest fell out of bed and broke her collar bone. You never know!

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I still call my 6-year-old my "baby", so.....

• Love 7
On 3/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, Mr. Minor said:

Bubby, Boo Boo and Booger Butt...Amber is so fucking dumb!

Amber is so awful in every way. She thinks her appalling nicknames are cute AF. NO ONE over the age of three should be calling her brother "Bubby". I once dated a guy who had an Aunt DooDoo--apparently her real name was Judy but her adorable young nephew couldn't pronounce it when he was little, so the awful nickname "DooDoo" stuck, and everyone in the family called her that! No way in hell would I stand for being called DooDoo forever. Bubby is a ridiculous thing to call a grown man. I know some nicknames stick because they're cute and people are fond of the giver. But Jesus, Bubby is downright embarrassing.

18 hours ago, monicageller said:

Two words. Low standards.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I wasn't saying it was on Tyler to change her...what I was saying was that as her partner, the co-parent, and her business partner, he should have some expectations for improvement in her life...just going to a treatment center and then coming home and relapsing in to the same malaise that put her into treatment in the first place is unfair to Tyler and Nova. He should be able to discuss with her some expectations for positive changes rather than rubber stamping things like buying a horse or another house thinking that these things will get her out of bed and make her happy. What about his happiness? Ideally, they should be in couples counseling with a competent counselor. No, it's not the 1950's, but a husband should able to be a part of of this process and express himself without worrying that his wife is so fragile she cannot have a conversation like this without threatening suicide. Coming up with  a daily schedule that gets her out of bed and functioning in a healthy way should be something that Tyler can help her achieve and he shouldn't be afraid to sit down and have some expectations of her to continue with therapy and medication for her depression. 

Cosign this.

And in this case it's the husband, but if the shoe were on the other foot, it would be for the wife to do the same. Sometimes spouses need to provide each other with a little extra support and tough love. Maybe mileage varies, but I want a partner who can sometimes help me be my best self - not make it okay for me to wallow at my lowest point. I want to do the same for him. 

And besides, it's not like Cait has a hard time dishing the tough love to her family when she thinks they need it. "I have a whole list of shit my dad did to me to make this way. And I am going to grind those axes in therapy. (I just find the way she gets so giddy and chirpy when talking about her therapy to be a little weird.)

We have also seen Cait hand out the touch love to Tyler and Butch a few times. "Relax Ty, it's so easy to take care of orders - just get your mom to pick them up, pack them up and take them to post office (after her regular full time job ends at 4:30." I mean, come on, Ty, easy peasy, no sweat."

And then dismissing Butch's concerns about his grandchildren having enough to eat along the lines of "Those are her kids. Let her handle it." 

I actually think that Calamity Cait could benefit from a little touch love herself.  

And for the record, I have already explained to my child that even when he is 45, he will still be my baby. He will always be my baby.  He seems cool with it..or at least resigned to it. :-) 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, leighroda said:

You can be my pseudo mom! I’m only a year older than yours (35)

I'm 35, too. Can we be @GreatKazu's twin PTV daughters together, @leighroda?

My mom is in her 70s (she was almost 40 when I was born- I was a surprise!).  She still calls me baby and basically our entire family (including my in-laws) refer to our 3 year old and 1 year old as "the babies" (as in the family's babies).  They're the youngest kids in our families. I'm an only child and my husband's sisters are 10+ years older than him and done having babies, so they really are the only babies in the family (until our nieces/nephews have their own babies, which I don't think will be for a while...their in their teens/early 20s).  And they'll always be my babies. Always. :) (I come with PTV grandbabies for you, @GreatKazu and a niece & nephew, @leighroda.)

My son calls his sister "baby" even though he knows her name.  I don't correct it because I think it's so endearing.  It can be their thing until one of them tells the other to stop.  They're 19 months apart and he called her "my baby" and "baby" from the day he first saw her (he didn't have a large vocabulary then and couldn't pronounce her name).  I used to wonder how Baby in Dirty Dancing got stuck with that nickname for so long - now I get it. LOL.

I think it's cute that Maci and Taylor call them "the babies." :)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8

I call my kids my babies, and they are 8 and 5.  I will always call them that.

Cait has too much time on her hands, so she sits around, and worries about stuff that most people put to the back of their minds because they have to go to work.  I am sure, if I did not have to go to work every day, and I got paid to sit around, I would sit around and think.  That is never a good life!  I mean - I would not mind having time and money so I could travel, but excess time and money - and nowhere to go - is a bad combo.  She needs a purpose, and to be busy.

So - I have been to rehab, and I kind of see where Cait is coming from, in that she is looking for something to "fix" her, and make her feel "normal."  I thought rehab actually could do that, I have no idea why I thought that, but I actually thought there was a trick!  Like a magical way the doctors could get me to not want to get high.  After being there for a few days, I realized that getting well (feeling well) was something I had to do for myself, and something I had to find myself.  Rehab gave me something to do and somewhere to go - to stay busy and get everything out on the table.  But there is no way to get fixed, like a car.  It is a lifelong process.  I wonder if she has realized that yet.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, leighroda said:

You can be my pseudo mom! I’m only a year older than yours (35)

Online-adopt me too, please! 29 here. I always wanted sisters!

I come with a grandkitty and grandpuppy. They'll help seal the deal.

Edited by monicageller
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, monicageller said:

Online-adopt me too, please! 29 here. I always wanted sisters!

I come with a grandkitty and grandpuppy. They'll help seal the deal.

Oooh come on in! I am already a grandma to three cats. I have a dog. I love animals. :-) 

I will take Maci calling her children "babies" over Amber calling Leah "BoogerButt" any day. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, leighroda said:

I get your point. I think Cate definitely needs to have an audience. Haven't her visits to "treatment" coincided with filming?

(I know nothing of depression, mental illness, etc., and I'm not trying to judge or downplay anyone's struggles. I'm just commenting about the few minutes each week I see of someone who chose to put her life in the public eye.)

Edited by Quita
Completing a thought
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

And I get no love. Sister wives? My baby is 30!

We can all be one big happy family with lots of mums and daughters! And our family tree will still be much less complicated than Jenelle's.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, monicageller said:

We can all be one big happy family with lots of mums and daughters! And our family tree will still be much less complicated than Jenelle's.

We at least deserve the Peoples Couch!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Cait has too much time on her hands, so she sits around, and worries about stuff that most people put to the back of their minds because they have to go to work.  I am sure, if I did not have to go to work every day, and I got paid to sit around, I would sit around and think.  That is never a good life!  I mean - I would not mind having time and money so I could travel, but excess time and money - and nowhere to go - is a bad combo.  She needs a purpose, and to be busy.

I think this is a big part of C&T's (and many other teen moms') problem. They certainly wouldn't be up-and-coming attorneys at white shoe law firms if it weren't for their families/MTV/etc.,but they also wouldn't have the ability to be (basically) spoiled, moderately rich kids if they had been left to their own devices. Most of them are in for a MAJOR LIFE CRASH when the MTV gravy train pulls into the last station, as they have very upper middle-class expectations and lifestyles without having the real-world earning power to make even a healthy working-/middle-class living. I think it's doubtful that many of them have houses that are paid off, which would at least enable them to have nice places to live while they start their careers in entry-level positions at Walmart or wherever. Within a very short time after the show ends (which can't be long off), these people will literally be making $8-10/hour while living in houses that cost six figures, owning horses, having their kids in private school, etc., etc. It's a recipe for disaster.

It's particularly disastrous for those, like Cate and Amber, who have significant mental health issues. I don't doubt that Cate really was suicidal (or whatever; I think when you're dealing with a person who's in that kind of mental health crisis it's difficult/unproductive to try to sort out what feelings/thoughts are "real" or "serious," which are "cries for help/attention," etc. I take her at her word that she was thinking about how to kill herself, which merits attention/help without judgment of how "serious" the person is.). I totally get why Cate likes to go to a far away, cushy rehab whenever it all gets to be too much, but I agree that it's probably not the best way for her to develop coping skills to deal with her normal life. Even without the therapy, horses, massages, and organic meals, most of us can accomplish a temporary "reset" just from having time away from stresses and responsibilities. There's nothing wrong with doing that if it works in your life, but it's really not a way to learn to deal with stress and problems long-term. Especially since she doesn't seem to do any type of after-care, Cate's trips to rehab seem to just be breaks/crisis intervention, not guidance for how to move forward with her life.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 11
On 3/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, FairyDusted said:

The onion thing wasn't a big deal to me. One of my nephews ate them like apples at that age. Grossed me out but my sis was like eh....could be worse!

When I was a toddler(ish) I loved raw onions, black olives, and salt & vinegar chips. I was obviously a briny child. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Enya Face said:

When I was a toddler(ish) I loved raw onions, black olives, and salt & vinegar chips. I was obviously a briny child. 

You are so salty! :-)

I looooove black olives. Lemon with salt, with or without tequila. 

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

We at least deserve the Peoples Couch!

My baby!!!

We need that Being PTV special STAT!

I take her at her [Cate] word that she was thinking about how to kill herself, which merits attention/help without judgment of how "serious" the person is.).

I like this and I am glad you pointed it out that way. I know I have been giving her lots of rolling eyes at her claims, but you make an excellent point. Even if Cate is not serious about wanting to harm herself, just the mere fact she is openly saying it to her loved ones and on camera, it needs to be addressed especially if she is using it as a manipulative tactic. She makes these overt threats and normally, people who do want to commit suicide aren't always expressing it the way Cate does. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I call my 34 year old "my baby."

I call all my kids that. ?

13 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Oooh come on in! I am already a grandma to three cats. I have a dog. I love animals. :-) 

I will take Maci calling her children "babies" over Amber calling Leah "BoogerButt" any day. 

C’mon, I’m not saying a mother shouldn’t call her kids “her babies” ?  It just rubs me the wrong way that Maci lumps her other two children as “the babies” to their older brother like she does. Either all her kids (including the one she was talking to) are “her babies,” like you’re all saying you use it as, or the youngest one (Maverick) is “the baby” (of the family). I know Jayde and Maverick are only a year apart or whatever but they are separate people and they’re no longer actual babies. She wasn’t using it as a term of endearment in regard to her children always being her babies, it was as a descriptor. And, yeah, Leah’s nicknames are horrible! 

About that great community, Anderson, Indiana: http://www.areavibes.com/anderson-in/crime/

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I think this is a big part of C&T's (and many other teen moms') problem. They certainly wouldn't be up-and-coming attorneys at white shoe law firms if it weren't for their families/MTV/etc.,but they also wouldn't have the ability to be (basically) spoiled, moderately rich kids if they had been left to their own devices. Most of them are in for a MAJOR LIFE CRASH when the MTV gravy train pulls into the last station, as they have very upper middle-class expectations and lifestyles without having the real-world earning power to make even a healthy working-/middle-class living. I think it's doubtful that many of them have houses that are paid off, which would at least enable them to have nice places to live while they start their careers in entry-level positions at Walmart or wherever. Within a very short time after the show ends (which can't be long off), these people will literally be making $8-10/hour while living in houses that cost six figures, owning horses, having their kids in private school, etc., etc. It's a recipe for disaster.

It's particularly disastrous for those, like Cate and Amber, who have significant mental health issues. I don't doubt that Cate really was suicidal (or whatever; I think when you're dealing with a person who's in that kind of mental health crisis it's difficult/unproductive to try to sort out what feelings/thoughts are "real" or "serious," which are "cries for help/attention," etc. I take her at her word that she was thinking about how to kill herself, which merits attention/help without judgment of how "serious" the person is.). I totally get why Cate likes to go to a far away, cushy rehab whenever it all gets to be too much, but I agree that it's probably not the best way for her to develop coping skills to deal with her normal life. Even without the therapy, horses, massages, and organic meals, most of us can accomplish a temporary "reset" just from having time away from stresses and responsibilities. There's nothing wrong with doing that if it works in your life, but it's really not a way to learn to deal with stress and problems long-term. Especially since she doesn't seem to do any type of after-care, Cate's trips to rehab seem to just be breaks/crisis intervention, not guidance for how to move forward with her life.

AMEN to all that! This is why this show needs to be shut down...these "kids" haven't developed any coping skills, they have no work experience and seem to have no desire to continue their educations or get any kind of training that could help them get real jobs. They have become totally dependent on MTV not just for the money which allows them the ability to NOT get regular work but gives them celebrity which in turn allows them to set up these "businesses" that they all have now. They also make more money when they have more kids they (that are allowed to be filmed for the show) which explains the burst in pregnancies on both Teen Mom franchises. 

I totally agree about Cate...her stints at residential treatment are temporary fixes. We saw when she went home the last time that she went right back to the rut that she was in before she went away AND she kept breaking her therapy appointments. She needs a life coach and a therapist to get her on track. Having another baby is not the answer at this time...neither she nor Tyler are ready to have another child right now. Especially with Cate's severe post partum  depression. It's all a hot mess.

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, mamadrama said:

NuMatt and his "I think everyone should be writing" can kiss my ass. As someone who makes their living by writing books, I can say from experience that NOBODY just wakes up one morning and says, "Gee, there are lots of available outlets out there! I think I'll just quit my job and write!" I'm not trying to humblebrag or anything, but I am one of the few writers who actually earns a (somewhat) livable income from what I do. (I say "somewhat" because we got hit hard these past few months, as I've written about in Small Talk.) It took me YEARS to get here-years of hard work. The writing part takes up approximately 30% of my time. The rest of it is spent on bookkeeping, marketing, research, networking, etc. I work my ass off and basically run what amounts to a small business. 

PREACH!!!

What a joke that Rhine and Mac think Maci still has feelings for him.  Your aged ass is not desirable, Rhine

All of Maci's children are gorgeous along with Leah and Emilee.  I love Big Brother Bentley.  He's so sweet, the spacing of them is close to my own children so their moments on screen are so special to me. 

You know that meme that talks about finding little chunks of onion in spaghetti sauce?  That is so me.  I grew up hating onions, I really can't stand the texture.  But my daughter LOVES them.  She's not even two.  

I also have picked up on the fact that Cate and Tyler both have parents that are opposite ends of the spectrum.  I always wonder what stage in life Kim was in the have been with BUTCH.  We don't see Cate's dad as much so I don't think about them.

• Love 7