Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Keep Chugging Away

druzy
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

That is typical Shawn. He accepts what is thrown at him by the dick of the year while he enables his sister.  He is not helping at all. He is there for his paycheck. 

I am all for Shawn receiving some type of compensation for wasting his time. Amber isn't going to listen to him or anyone, so might as well get something out of it. 

• Love 12

What da fuck??!! Who feeds their toddler raw onion rings???  Is anybody else dumbfounded by this?  I could barely concentrate on the rest of the show after I watched that scene unfold.  Is this normal? Do people eat raw onion rings and I've just been living on Mars???

• Love 10

What the hell was wrong with Mac in this episode?  She looked positively gray!  Circles under the eyes and all.  Either all of her oompah-loompishness has worn off after the wedding, leaving her real dead-person skin tone showing or she's just experienced a Mac-attack! (TM Larry) moment when she's realized she's stuck with a drug-addled jerk for the rest of her life.  Hmm...

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Chicosan said:

What da fuck??!! Who feeds their toddler raw onion rings???  Is anybody else dumbfounded by this?  I could barely concentrate on the rest of the show after I watched that scene unfold.  Is this normal? Do people eat raw onion rings and I've just been living on Mars???

Weird,yes, but, hey, at least she is getting some roughage and a vegetable.  :-) It's a vast improvement over Leah's hillbilly spawn tucking into a tub of margarine. Watching this show is all about lowering expectations for large swaths of humanity. ;-) 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I am all for Shawn receiving some type of compensation for wasting his time. Amber isn't going to listen to him or anyone, so might as well get something out of it. 

Valid point. Shawn has spoken up to Amber many times. It gets him nowhere. Maybe he's decided to just keep the peace a bit, in the interest of maintaining a relationship with his sister and niece. I do understand and respect that. I just wish he didn't go so hard defending her on Twitter. He should just keep quiet, one way or the other. 

7 minutes ago, Chicosan said:

Kids eat all kinds of "weird" stuff. My kids are kind of picky, but my niece loves raw onions and peppers. She also eats olives right out of the jar. I actually think it's cool to see little kids open to eating veggies, even if the thought of a raw onion is pretty gross to ME. I can't even get my kids to eat a damn carrot! 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

I’m confused as to why Taylor and Maci are paying for some warehouse in Florida.

The only way this makes sense is if the warehouse is very close to the manufacturing facility, so they can send the pocket shirts right over to have some random chick fold them, put them on racks and ship them. I really don't understand why they are hiring employees and renting space. Neither Taylor nor Maci seem to dedicate much time to the company. If I had my own business, the only way I'd take on the expense of an employee is if I was busting my hump 7 days a week and not able to get it all done. Otherwise it's a waste of money.   

• Love 8
11 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Amber's brother is the best, sitting there casually grilling Andrew on all the essential topics.

Bubby is just like anyone else that unfortunately has to be in the same room with his POS sister. He walks on eggshells. Sasquatch could have said anything, Bubby isn't going to do shit.

Cate is as gross as Amber anymore. She's always going to have something wrong with her. Tyler get the hell out of there, good storyline if nothing else.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Bubby is just like anyone else that unfortunately has to be in the same room with his POS sister. He walks on eggshells. Sasquatch could have said anything, Bubby isn't going to do shit.

Cate is as gross as Amber anymore. She's always going to have something wrong with her. Tyler get the hell out of there, good storyline if nothing else.

You quoted a post that has my name attached to it, but it is not my post.

Weird.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

Jayde is so cute. Maci might be an alcoholic but she's one of the few moms aside from Chelsea that seems to have real affection for her kids. Fat ass cate barely said hello to Nova before passing her off to April. She dditn seem happy to see Tyler either. It was like she was irritated real life interupted her nice vacation. So when cate has panic attacks and anxiety she sleeps all day. Um correct me if I'm wrong.. I suffer from anxiety and the last thing I can do is sleep!!! 

Does having a baby as a teenager make you delusional lol. MacKenzie and the whole I just know Ryan will be the best dad! Yeah just like Adam is the best dad. Because heroin addicts make great fathers! Plus yes he was and still is an absent father to Bentley. But I guess since Mac thinks parenting Hudson means dumping him with his father or grandparents and she appears to be a shitty mother herself she doesnt recognize a bad parent. 

Andrew doesn't have a job. I bet he hasn't worked since he moved in with Amber. Sorry Bubby Numatt has skeletons in his closet. Amber just doesn't want to look. Why are these girls so stupid?? 

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Valid point. Shawn has spoken up to Amber many times. It gets him nowhere. Maybe he's decided to just keep the peace a bit, in the interest of maintaining a relationship with his sister and niece. I do understand and respect that. I just wish he didn't go so hard defending her on Twitter. He should just keep quiet, one way or the other. 

Kids eat all kinds of "weird" stuff. My kids are kind of picky, but my niece loves raw onions and peppers. She also eats olives right out of the jar. I actually think it's cool to see little kids open to eating veggies, even if the thought of a raw onion is pretty gross to ME. I can't even get my kids to eat a damn carrot! 

That is pretty much my point. Shawn is quick to make outrageous comments on Twitter. He needs to step away from social media and acting just like his sister's fans who go around calling people "jealous". No Bubba, people are not jealous of anything. Jealous of what? As if people really want to be a slug like his sister. Amber latches onto that sort of thing. She is after all, a slug.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

One of my co-workers' daughter is a contract editor/producer (not sure exactly what her job title is) for MTV.  She has been hired to edit a series about teen moms but my co-worker says that the moms are no longer teens - it sounds like Teen Mom but I'm to embarrassed to admit that I watch the show in order to ask more details.  She did say that her daughter complained that she was sent all this boring footage of these people doing absolutely nothing and she's having trouble piecing together a story line out of it. 

Sounds like Teen Mom to me!  I am so over this show, I just watch it out of habit anymore. 

• Love 18

Numatt is hiding behind all that hair.  Uggg.  Big, big and hairy.  I was looking for my clippers every time he was on camera!

Whatever does she see in him? 

I'd love to scan his tax papers and see if there is any income!

A screen writer..right!  Lol. That's a real cop out profession.  I have a cousin who is a screen writer which means she does nothing, nada.  Always waiting for nothing!

Ambers paying the bills.  Bet on it!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

One of my co-workers' daughter is a contract editor/producer (not sure exactly what her job title is) for MTV.  She has been hired to edit a series about teen moms but my co-worker says that the moms are no longer teens - it sounds like Teen Mom but I'm to embarrassed to admit that I watch the show in order to ask more details.  She did say that her daughter complained that she was sent all this boring footage of these people doing absolutely nothing and she's having trouble piecing together a story line out of it. 

Sounds like Teen Mom to me!  I am so over this show, I just watch it out of habit anymore. 

Tell her you have a friend or relative who watches the show and you have caught it here and there when you visit them. Then, ask questions!

51 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I never implied he wasn't entitled to his check.

Shawn is wasting my time with his screen time. He brings nothing to the scenes. It is a waste of time with him asking questions. It is like an After Show special.

2 hours ago, Booger666 said:

This was pretty boring so I didn’t bother with the After Show?  If anyone watched was there anything interesting?

Tyler acting a bit manic. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11

I am not mad at Taylor for that tweet.  About time somebody fired back at Toucan Sam.

Oh, and to sit there with a straight face and say that Ryan would make a great dad! Yeah! Because he's had such great practice with Bentley!

@GreatKazu I didn't know Bubby defends Amber's antics on Twitter. 

I was waiting for Andrew to say that before he go into cinematography, he use to be the groundskeeper at Hogwarts. Lol

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

After reading this message board, I just realized Farrah wasn’t on.  I didn’t miss her.

really too bad, right?  If she'd played her cards right, Jayde's big-girl bed could've been Furnished by Farrah!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Chicosan said:

It was kinda ridiculously cute when she pronounced them "spicy" though.

23 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Numatt is hiding behind all that hair.  Uggg.  Big, big and hairy.  I was looking for my clippers every time he was on camera!

Maybe he's like the hair monster on the Bugs Bunny cartoons.  If you shave him he'll disappear.

Could Mack's dinner friend have been less interested in their conversation?  She sounded like she was reading from cue cards. 

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I am not mad at Taylor for that tweet.  About time somebody fired back at Toucan Sam.

Oh, and to sit there with a straight face and say that Ryan would make a great dad! Yeah! Because he's had such great practice with Bentley!

@GreatKazu I didn't know Bubby defends Amber's antics on Twitter. 

I was waiting for Andrew to say that before he go into cinematography, he use to be the groundskeeper at Hogwarts. Lol

Agree about Taylor

Yes, unfortunately, Shawn defends Amber's behavior on his social media. @druzy has shared many of his outrageous comments.  He also rips into Farrah on his Twitter page. I get that he loathes her like many of us do, but he is only acting like his sister with the slut-shaming and bullying. He gets into it with Farrah's dad, Michael, and dares to tweet how horrible Farrah is, as if Amber is such a meek and mild-mannered, gentle soul. 

1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

Maybe he's like the hair monster on the Bugs Bunny cartoons.  If you shave him he'll disappear.

Nooooo. I love that character (Gossamer)! Find something else to compare him to. lol 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

I thought I read somewhere on these boards that MTV is considering combining TM and TM2 into one show? Is there any truth to it?

They should do it, because the way it is now is boring AF. Plus both franchises have lost or may lose cast members.

Or just end TM OG. I think we will all survive without it. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Nooooo. I love that character (Gossamer)! Find something else to compare him to. lol 

giphy.gif

I love him too!  I was trying to find an image of him shorn and failed, but this is for your viewing pleasure!!  He's way cuter than NuMatt.

• Love 15

What the hell did I just watch? And they get paid how much????

Did anyone else get pissed off when Shawn said (non verbatim)”Every guy Ambers been with has had a shady past and skeletons in their closet!”? Fuck you, Shawn!!! How about Gary??? Gary was her longest relationship and he’s the most NORMAL, especially compared to your train wreck sister.

And Andrew clearly said he’s unemployed but that he’s an aspiring screenwriter. Shawn, you’re so dumb “as least this one has a job” with Amber keeping a straight face.

I did chuckle at the fact that immediately after that first dose of exercise, the nerfball session, Amber quickly submerged her entire being to Bubby’s couch and brought Andre the Giant on rogaine with her. She seriously is the couch whisperer. Did she hangout with Leah at all on that trip? And I think she’s purposely calling Leah, booboo to piss us off. It worked.

Catelynne is such a self absorbed bitch. Tyler just wanted a few minutes to vent to his life partner about his week without spending $60k at a not-a-spa and Catelynne shut that shit down STAT!! “Don’t stress, have your mom ship packages and put into mailbox ...easy peasy and do such and such! Problem solved and now back to me!” 

I do love that fact that Nova is only two months older than my sweet little girl and I keep catching the same outfits, toys and mannerisms of my child. My daughter is OBSESSED with horses right now and she was diagnosed with Autism so I’m scheduling a private session for her to see a horse trainer.

I wonder if Nova is on the spectrum...as my daughter has serious speech delay and has this strong passion for horses (from what I read autistic children respond strongly to horses and vice versa - don’t quote me as I’m still learning about it).

Anywho. I could sense some snarkinest with Cates Mom. April has LIVED A HARD LIFE and was probably thinking “nobody gave a flying fuck about me and my sadness etc and now I’m flown out to Arizona to apologize for everything my daughter has gone through..what about what caused me to be a horrible mother?” I think April and Tyler are going to start resenting Catelynn for all the high class therapy she’s receiving while they too are in serious need of it, too. 

I’m not saying someone should withhold getting good help because other people in their life need it too and can’t afford it, I’m just saying that I NOTICED some resentment and snarkinest from Cates family.

Onay, gotta go. Ending the book. Lol.

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

giphy.gif

I love him too!  I was trying to find an image of him shorn and failed, but this is for your viewing pleasure!!  He's way cuter than NuMatt.

I can watch this all day long. :-)  Looney Toons is the best. 

@Calm81 preach! Cate is the worst. So much self-absorbed behavior coming from that one. She is really dragging this on. I resent her for all of this. I can't imagine how Tyler and April feel having to deal with her behavior. She was also quick to shut down Butch when he was rambling on about who was going to feed his grandchildren when he goes away to rehab. Cate sat there like the lump of shit that she is in that over-sized chair that is still too small for her body, as she pretty much yelled at him, "Let their mother figure that out!"  I know that Cate is good at repeating therapy talk and that is just what that was. She is good at telling others to snap out of whatever they are bitching about when they are venting. God forbid if someone talked to her that way - "Get over it, Cate! Snap out of it!" 

49 minutes ago, druzy said:

I always think he is shading Cate lately lol.

Arizona doesn't have a time change. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Bubba seems unconvinced about Numatts writing career. Numatt was tripping over his words. 

It's BUBB-Y!  Come on now, get it right!

13 hours ago, Linny said:

Amber's brother is the best, sitting there casually grilling Andrew on all the essential topics. This is a guy who clearly loves his sister and wants to protect her, since as he pointed out, Amber has a tendency to quickly latch onto men and to deny truths that make her uncomfortable. I'm not getting a manipulative vibe from Andrew like I did with Matt, but I do fear he's a freeloader. He was all too quick to move from California (and any cinematographer jobs there) to move in with Amber and write (and "I want to write" is a gentle way of saying "I'm unemployed"). 

Hold on, still laughing about him calling himself a cinematographer.  Also, he proclaimed that "everyone should write."  What??  Not everyone should write, shaggy.  Bubby must have been confused or something, he was blinking like crazy.

2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Weird,yes, but, hey, at least she is getting some roughage and a vegetable.  :-) It's a vast improvement over Leah's hillbilly spawn tucking into a tub of margarine. Watching this show is all about lowering expectations for large swaths of humanity. ;-) 

HA!  Tucking into margarine - better than straight frosting!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

With that said, Cait has got to be the most self absorbed person I have ever watched in action. She really has no fucks to give if she is not at the center of the circle.  And Tyler has got to be the most tired, exhausted, stressed, overworked, burdened 26 year old I have ever seen who has a six figure salary for folding a few t shirts, slicing a few onions to feed his pet, brushing the occasional ponytail, and bitching ad nauseam for a couple weeks a year on TV about how AWFUL his life is. 

As for his resentment meter, I would say it is pretty low right now because it all makes for good TV with Tyler starring as the long-suffering hero who is holding his family together by a thread through his steadfast good heart and never ending well of understanding for all the broken people around him. But once those camera stop rolling and the check stop coming in, Ty's resent-o-meter is going to skyrocket right through that roof. It's no fun if no one is watching. 

Agree 1000% on this! Real life is gonna hit Tyler hard. And without an audience to play hero/martyr for, he will definitely resent Cate and other family members.  The stress of "real life" without MTV money, MTV cameras, & praise from his adoring fan girls is going to make Tyler one resentful, angry, stressed out Tinkerbell. 

• Love 18
Just now, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Agree 1000% on this! Real life is gonna hit Tyler hard. And without an audience to play hero/martyr for, he will definitely resent Cate and other family members.  The stress of "real life" without MTV money, MTV cameras, & praise from his adoring fan girls is going to make Tyler one resentful, angry, stressed out Tinkerbell. 

Once they stop receiving MTV money, he is out of that relationship. It happened before during the break in filming. Dude jumped right out of New Orlean Daddy’s bed and ran straight back to Michigan. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

A screen writer..right!  Lol. That's a real cop out profession.  I have a cousin who is a screen writer which means she does nothing, nada.  Always waiting for nothing!

I have a couple of girlfriends from college who moved to LA, then met & married "screen writers." The guys intermittently work as production assistants, assistant directors, cameramen, etc...but only when they absolutely have to because their money from the last gig dried up or their parents have cut off the tap.  Other than that, they spend the vast majority of their time doing NOTHING, while their wives work 40+ hours week.  One of these marriages ended in divorce; the other is...well, constantly under stress from the husband's "screen writer" career (ie: he lazes around the house while = she works & their small kids go to daycare, because he can't "write" - read: do nothing  - with the kids around). 

Sounds like Andrew.  Amber is the perfect mark for such a "screen writer."  Just wait until Andrew complains that he can't get his "writing" time because he has to care for the new baby.  He'll whine that Amber and the baby have hurt his "career," since care for the baby will fall on him as we know Amber certainly won't be actively parenting the child.  

Also, judging from Andrew's tweets & the little I've seen of him on the show, he doesn't have an interesting or creative bone in his body.  I'm pretty sure his scripts would somehow manage to be weird yet also boring AF (if he could be assed to even write one while he's not working, which I doubt). At least the unemployed "screen writers" my friends were/are married to could hold interesting conversations, make jokes, and tell mildly amusing stories.  

3 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

The only way this makes sense is if the warehouse is very close to the manufacturing facility, so they can send the pocket shirts right over to have some random chick fold them, put them on racks and ship them. I really don't understand why they are hiring employees and renting space. Neither Taylor nor Maci seem to dedicate much time to the company. If I had my own business, the only way I'd take on the expense of an employee is if I was busting my hump 7 days a week and not able to get it all done. Otherwise it's a waste of money.   

But these are TM cast members...they get exhausted dealing with the most minimal tasks of adulting.  Busting their behinds to do all the work themselves would get in the way of their lounging around & drinking Bud Light while the toddlers are at daycare...or going on other reality shows.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't realize it either! Not until I was typing up my post. It seemed shorter than usual and I was trying to figure out why. I really didn't miss her either. 

They conveniently use this narrative of Maci not being over Ryan to explain their visitation issues. Because, you know, it couldn't be that she's concerned about leaving her son with a reckless junkie and his enabler wife. 

I think Maci WAS pining for Ryan for quite a few years there. But not anymore. She's married, she's got two other kids. She's good. Who would WANT that life right now???

Right, I definitely think she /was/ hung up on him but not since Mackenzie has been around so she needs to calm tf down and stop trying to convince herself she got something someone else wants.

i also really didn’t care to hear her Teen Mom story last night. Totally sounds like she’s the jealous one, wishing she had Maci’s life and her place on Teen Mom. She just gets the sloppy seconds. Literally sloppy. 

3 hours ago, Chicosan said:

People eat raw onions all the time- salads, sandwiches, burgers.   It wasn’t like a raw breaded onion ring, just an onion. 

• Love 15

These folks were boring AF last night. I swear every time they show April, I'm trying to figure out who's that dude?! And then April talks and I feel bad. I'm glad she's sober but I'd like to see a make over. Amber....fuck this chick is LAZY! Pregnant or not she doesn't change. I was surprised Maci was on. Bed shopping. Gah. Like they need a warehouse! Hahahaha! MacTruck had her own scene with a disinterested friend. Sorry, hate her. I slept thru the rest of the shows.

• Love 11

I have been thinking a lot about how Catelyn runs to a mental health facility at the drop of a hat when she becomes very depressed and/or has a panic attack.  I have suffered from life-threatening depression, and I never got to go away to a nice place--I would sometimes wish I'd be in jail (three hots and a cot sounded like heaven), and I wonder how many other middle-class women with "normal" childhoods have had the same experience.  You go to the doctor, who sends you to a psychiatrist or psychologist before or after prescribing anti-depressant medication.  If you are seriously suicidal, you go into the mental health ward of the local hospital.  I think the TMs, especially those who, like Cate, have had traumatic childhoods and were never really parented, just don't know how regular people respond to these mental health crises.  What they do is what movie stars do; from really hardscrabble backgrounds--hell, Tyler's sister was unable to feed her children--they go right to the tippy-top of expensive, intensive care.  I wonder if the absence from home has anything to do with their repeated visits to these places? (rhetorical question). 

Tyler's obsession with his body and general appearance (anybody else catch him looking in the mirror and smoothing his hair at an inappropriate time?) has got to be related to Cate's depression.  She has always had issues with her weight, and knowing, consciously or unconsciously, how important physical beauty is to her husband, doesn't help her feel good about herself.

Like all the TMs, these two have never really supported themselves outside of the MTV checks.  All of them have these fantasy businesses whose success, if there is any, is wholly dependent on their MTV celebrity, which will not last forever.  They'll be lucky to get a few more years out of this gig.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

Did anyone else get pissed off when Shawn said (non verbatim)”Every guy Ambers been with has had a shady past and skeletons in their closet!”? Fuck you, Shawn!!! How about Gary??? Gary was her longest relationship and he’s the most NORMAL, especially compared to your train wreck sister.

IIRC, Gary and Shawn were friends, then Gary moved in on Amber without clearing it with Shawn, Shawn got pissed and ended his friendship with Gary.  If Bubby were to have a moment of clarity I imagine he wishes Gary would take care of Amber, but he hasn’t gotten past the anger of his friend moving in on his little sister.

55 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Also, judging from Andrew's tweets & the little I've seen of him on the show, he doesn't have an interesting or creative bone in his body.  I'm pretty sure his scripts would somehow manage to be weird yet also boring AF (if he could be assed to even write one while he's not working, which I doubt)

So true.  NuMatt has lived in CA his whole life and his father was in the entertainment biz.  If he had written anything remotely interesting it would’ve sold by now.  He’s probably all over Hollywood trying to pitch a love story about a personality deprived Hagrid and a slug with emotional detachment issues and how they make couch babies.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, druzy said:

Years ago, MGM invited the L.A. media onto their lot to show them a mountain of unsolicited and unread screenplays they had received over the past few months.  I seem to remember it was about as tall as a house and covered an area as wide as a two car garage.  I think they were trying to say, "Seriously, people.  You've got to stop."

• Love 9
2 hours ago, druzy said:

I always think he is shading Cate lately lol.

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Thank you, GREATKAZU! I caught that as well, but I knew simpleton Tyler meant time difference.

Can someone explain why Amber's hair is always up in a bun now? Whether she's on the show or I see a picture of her somewhere, it's up. Someone speculated (not sure if it was here or on another site) that maybe Amber has a bald spot on the top of her head and she's trying to cover it up. I'm guessing it's probably just laziness on her part and she never washes her hair, so in bun it goes. It just drive me crazy and it's not the least bit flattering on her.

Edited by Quita
Bolding a name to give credit where it's due.
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

I like how everyone pretended Maci was gone for a month rather than just an extended weekend since she lasted three days on naked and afraid 

Did we ever get the real story on this?  Some people said the celebrity version is scheduled to be only 3 days, and Maci's comment that she'd be gone for 14 days was going to include pre- and post-activities. 

15 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

I’m confused as to why Taylor and Maci are paying for some warehouse in Florida.

I'm confused as to why they're calling that room with a  desk and some shelves in it a warehouse. 

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'd love to scan his tax papers and see if there is any income!

Nobody's mentioned the pre-nup discussion (perhaps you were all dozing off?).  Classic "I don't need one with him because I trust him."  Right after acknowledging the bad choices you've made in the past, and knowing/claiming that your prior choices have stolen your money.  But no...this one you've known for 10 seconds is different.

3 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

But what good is going to come out of it?  Everybody who matters knows what's what.

3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I also thought it was hilarious that she asked for an onion for a snack.

Could Mack's dinner friend have been less interested in their conversation?  She sounded like she was reading from cue cards. 

They always sound like that when they have these "conversations" that are staged just to pass information to the viewers.  I hate them.

2 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I was initially outraged by that.  Gary was pathetic with the Playstation(?) drama, and the Walmart engagement ring back in the day (but I don't think anyone in his circle actually realized that--kind of business as usual in that circle).  So what's the beef?  But I did notice that Shawn seemed to carefully word his comment, with an "at the time" or something similar, so I wonder if there's something we don't know about.  Of course, I'm probably putting  more thought into what he said than he did, so maybe it's nothing.

ETA: Thanks @Booger666 for the info about Gary and Shawn being friends and Shawn feeling betrayed.  So his "at the time" was probably very intentional, because Gary does look like a hero these days.

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I think he meant the time difference, like he was in Michigan and she's in Arizona.

[But part of Arizona does observe daylight savings time--the Indian reservation in the northeast corner.  It's right by the Petrified Forest, which has multiple clocks on the wall trying to help disoriented visitors figure out what time it is.]

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Let me begin by saying that this show is so boring that it took me this long to muster my snark. What a snooze fest. I can watch people complain about stress and fatigue, and lounge around and eat at my own house without the commercial interruption. If this is all Teen Mom OG has to offer, I have my own reality show/live theatre event every night to compete. 

With that said, Cait has got to be the most self absorbed person I have ever watched in action. She really has no fucks to give if she is not at the center of the circle.  And Tyler has got to be the most tired, exhausted, stressed, overworked, burdened 26 year old I have ever seen who has a six figure salary for folding a few t shirts, slicing a few onions to feed his pet, brushing the occasional ponytail, and bitching ad nauseam for a couple weeks a year on TV about how AWFUL his life is. 

As for his resentment meter, I would say it is pretty low right now because it all makes for good TV with Tyler starring as the long-suffering hero who is holding his family together by a thread through his steadfast good heart and never ending well of understanding for all the broken people around him. But once those camera stop rolling and the check stop coming in, Ty's resent-o-meter is going to skyrocket right through that roof. It's no fun if no one is watching. 

And as for Cait, she is a full blown meth head in waiting. Once the money dries up and real life comes calling, she is going to fall apart into her own well of addiction. She already has the requisite self absorption to become a first rate addict.  And she sounds like every addict who has done a few stints in rehab - full of titre bullshit catch phrases to tell everybody else how to sort out their shit and stop bugging her with their "problems" because no one has problems or seen more woe than Calamity Cait. 

And  I  just don't have the energy to to get started on poor, semi-verbal Nova. Jesus, a Neanderthal  would have had a larger vocabulary and better diction than that feral child. Her primary mode of communication is whining and screeching.    

Ugh, these people, these fucking people. 

I absolutely concur with every word of this post. Cate would have been headed to Boogietown with her mother on the regular, Tyler would have been long gone, and Butch would have been up the river again if not for this show.

Nova breaks my heart. That poor child is nothing more than a prop for her checked out parents' instagrams. She's almost 3, isn't she? Have they even consulted with their pediatrician about her speech?

The onion scene cracked me up. Kids are so weird.

4 hours ago, Chicosan said:

I just hope that child brushes her teeth!

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Numatt is hiding behind all that hair.  Uggg.  Big, big and hairy. 

To me Numatt looks like a lamprey.

lamprey.jpeg

7 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

They always sound like that when they have these "conversations" that are staged just to pass information to the viewers.  I hate them.

Especially since they all sound the same!

"So, are you excited about (fill in the blank)?"

"So, how are you and (fill in the blank) getting along?"

"So, what's happening with (fill in the blank)?"

I especially love it when the bros are sitting around, talking about their feelings, as guys do. Jesus.

• Love 8

Cate only had two things on the list for her mom? Was she paying attention during her own 16 & Pregnant? April’s list should be a mile long. 

I dislike but also feel sorry for Cate. I hate April with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

To me Numatt looks like a lamprey.

lamprey.jpeg

That is exactly what Baby Huey resembles.

The lamprey and Amber the slug. Perfect! Sounds like a script Baby Huey should write. 

slug.jpg

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Once they stop receiving MTV money, he is out of that relationship. It happened before during the break in filming. Dude jumped right out of New Orlean Daddy’s bed and ran straight back to Michigan. 

Who is New Orleans daddy?  I am out of the loop!!!

So, Maci and Taylor at least run the business better than C and T!!  Plus...those kids are so darn adorable!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Claire85 said:

Cate only had two things on the list for her mom? Was she paying attention during her own 16 & Pregnant? April’s list should be a mile long. 

I dislike but also feel sorry for Cate. I hate April with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. 

Cate needs to worry about her own mile-long list. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I also thought it was hilarious that she asked for an onion for a snack.

I was thinking it's a good thing she's toilet trained. I know what happens when someone eats lots of onions. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Who is New Orleans daddy?  I am out of the loop!!!

So, Maci and Taylor at least run the business better than C and T!!  Plus...those kids are so darn adorable!

Tyler went to New Orleans years ago to start his acting career and there were some gay rumors about a sugar daddy funding it or something.

• Love 6