Type keyword(s) to search

Chopped 2018

GaT
  • Start Topic

On 11/17/2018 at 12:25 AM, KnotsLanding said:

Is that the first time Maneet has been in the kitchen? She's such a tough judge I always wanted to see her compete and I wasn't disappointed. This only made me love her move. Her food was gorgeous and looked delicious. I feel like she would've won, but they felt Amanda deserved it more since she always loses. Their knocking of the raspberries in her dessert rang false to me. I thought her dessert looked amazing.

Maneet has competed in Chopped After Hours.  I'm not sure if she's ever been in any of the regular competitions.

She has competed twice before. In 2011 in Judges leg of the All-Stars Tournament and in 2014 for the Thanksgiving episode. Both times she got knocked out in the appetizer round.

Speaking of Thanksgiving episodes, if Martha doesn't go away soon, I'm going to drop this show. At least she had a fork this time.

Edited by ZoqFotPik
  • Love 2

I loved chef David Thomas in the TG episode!  What an awesome guy. So dignified, and he knew his food!!  So happy he won!

We also enjoyed the siblings episode!  I usually don’t like the gimmicky shows but this one was fun. And the food looked GOOD!  I wanted to eat most of it, which doesn’t always happen on chopped!  

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of Martha Stewart although I do like her voice and she does look great for her age.  I wouldn't mind her as a judge if they'd just treat her like all the other judges instead of like some cooking deity.  Having her bring something and then brag about it changes the atmosphere of Chopped and not in a good way.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, mlp said:

I'm not a fan of Martha Stewart although I do like her voice and she does look great for her age.  I wouldn't mind her as a judge if they'd just treat her like all the other judges instead of like some cooking deity.  Having her bring something and then brag about it changes the atmosphere of Chopped and not in a good way.

Could not agree more. Most of the time, every single other judge and Ted all have more culinary credibility than Martha. Pretending that isn't the case and then kissing her a$$ about whatever super special thing she has brought is just stupid.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, awaken said:

I loved chef David Thomas in the TG episode!  What an awesome guy. So dignified, and he knew his food!!  So happy he won!

This was the first episode I've watched in ages and Chef David delivered. Not only were his skills a level above the other contestants, he was so good at starting out with a coherent strategy for each of his plates.

I hope they bring him back for a Champions round.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, xaxat said:

This was the first episode I've watched in ages and Chef David delivered. Not only were his skills a level above the other contestants, he was so good at starting out with a coherent strategy for each of his plates.

I hope they bring him back for a Champions round.

Definitely!  Hope to see him back again!  (Chopped producers, are you reading?)

I didn't really have a favorite in last night's episode but I definitely did not want Nicole to win after she started yammering about her career as a caterer "cooking for the 1%." Money does not equal taste, sweetie. I was hoping she would go out in the first round but at least she went out in the second one.

• Love 5
On 11/28/2018 at 2:51 PM, jcbrown said:

I didn't really have a favorite in last night's episode but I definitely did not want Nicole to win after she started yammering about her career as a caterer "cooking for the 1%." Money does not equal taste, sweetie. I was hoping she would go out in the first round but at least she went out in the second one.

Exactly! As soon as she said that in her intro, I was ready for her to go. You know, ‘cause my family and I are middle-class cretins who will never have the privilege of sampling her 1% food. There’s confidence (cool) and then there’s Man-Bun Phillip-levels of arrogant out-of-touchery, and she had the latter in spades.

• Love 4

Did anyone else watch this week's episode with the grandmas? FN in general gets a bit patronizing about grandmas, IMHO, especially at this time of year. I thought this one was okay but largely unmemorable.

• Love 2

I watched and I think "okay but largely unmemorable" sums it up nicely.  I thought maybe the fact that all the women were chefs and grandmas just incidentally kept the saccharine comments at bay a bit.  The woman I liked best won.

• Love 1

Does Martha ever get through an ep without (a) promoting some product from her farm or (b) using the word "tasty"?  Other than her smug superiority, I enjoyed the breakfast show.

Or (c) using chopsticks.  

Nope.

• Love 2

I just saw the last 10 minutes or so of an old show (sorry I didn't get the episode).  One of the contestants thought that by winning he could pay off his student loans, move to Durango, and open a few restaurants."  Hahahahahaha.  It's that or kill myself.

Edited by Brookside

The baskets looked really tough tonight.  I liked the guy who won after almost blowing the appetizer round.

Why on earth was Geoffrey eating TACOS with chopsticks?!  Martha wasn't even there.  Good grief.