Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I don't get the hate towards Ericka.  Was she a bit aggressive?  Sure. But seriously, some people are acting like she skinned puppies during the episode. 

Or dragged someone on the floor by their hair...or flipped a table...or flipped Andy...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, princelina said:

Who cares about that?  Get some iron-on letters and make it say MOSCHINO across your chest and Erica will think you spent a fortune on it :D

True.  It's only one hole.  Not like Dorit's entire outfit of holes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Or dragged someone on the floor by their hair...or flipped a table...or flipped Andy...

And her aggressive wasn't even physical.  It was an aggressive manner of speaking.  

I'm wondering how many of the people that are saying they aren't going to buy her book weren't planning on buying it anyways.  Let's face it, these Housewives have a niche market for who is going to buy their book. Caroline Manzo's had horrible sales. Most of the Housewives have not really been able to move a book.  Bethenny, Brandi, and Teresa have had the most success with selling books and even their numbers aren't great--and everyone hates them!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I don't get the hate towards Ericka.  Was she a bit aggressive?  Sure. But seriously, some people are acting like she skinned puppies during the episode. 

At least you didn't say "killed one of her kids".  

Erika will do just fine with the controversy.  She has her book tour planned so those who are appalled by her words to Teddi can show there contempt by staying home from her book signings.  That'll teach her not to mean to Teddi.

Erika has major saturation this week with her book release.

I guess Erika's reputation really is in a bad place when people have to say things like at least she isn't skinning puppies alive during the episode. At least she didn't drag a woman by her hair or flip a table in a restaurant. At least she didn't slap the Pope. 

It's as if people are suggesting that mean behavior and rudeness is no longer a big deal because we've see worse happen on other Bravo shows.

I guess it's that the reaction to what Ericka did isn't proportional to what she actually did. Not that it isn't a big deal.

And yeah, dragging someone by the hair and/or flipping a table is not the same as verbally bitching someone out.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I like Erika and I like Teddi too.

In this episode, Teddi told Rinna about what PK and Dorit said about her at the bean vomit dinner. What I didn't like was Teddi's TH shot - explaining why she told Rinna. I don't believe her. She was not tortured in knowing something negative being said about Rinna, if it had bothered her so much - she would have told her soon after the dinner. I think she did it because she was lobbying for HW's to be on her side of the Dorit vs Teddi fight,

As for Erika clapping back at Teddi - good for her - she did it firmly enough that it stopped Teddi in her tracks. Teddi kept insisting that Erika agreed with her about being hurt if someone was saying negative things about them. Erika's exact words were Yes, but I'd be pissed. She said yes to shut her up.

I think both Rinna and Erika - just don't want to be involved in any of the drama this season. They filled their quota last season. I think Teddi bringing Rinna & Erika into the conversation again had both Erika and Rinna giving her the side eye and thinking here she goes again trying to bring us into this shit we want nothing to do with.

Now as far as the Rivington dinner - Rinna, Camille & Erika had TH shots where they said I don't think LVP is going to like this - meaning what Dorit was saying. Teddi did say to LVP what Dorit said. I think it was Kyle that used different words (needy and insecure).

Teddi going off to cry - she didn't cry because Erika was mean to her, she cried because nobody stood up for her at this drink gathering. Camille whispered in her ear to stay strong but did not say anything to the other ladies. LVP came the closest telling Erika to take it down a notch - but I didn't see her throwing down to protect her broken pet.

I think the fight will blow over. The upcoming trip is to Berlin - isn't the reason because Erika is going to perform there? If Erika is the hostess and Teddi is there - they must make some headway at least to be civil to each other during filming.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, BBHN said:

Most HWs backlashes tend to be all bark and no bite (unless someone really crosses the line, like Phaedra from RHOA, and even then the behind-the-scenes aspect of it all probably played a part in her being fired).

There was a backlash when Bethenny called Luann a slut on RHONY, and calls for a boycott of her business, and people wanting her off the show, etc. Fast forward and she is still there, her business is still going strong, and she also got a spin-off.

There was a backlash when Rinna called Dorit out for doing coke in her home on this show last season, and calls for a boycott of her ever appearing on QVC again, and people wanting her off the show (this website even had a thread about that), etc. Fast forward and she is still here, her business association with QVC is still going strong, and her kids have even managed to book a few modeling gigs here and there.

Most people probably already made up their minds about whether or not to buy her book. A few dozen people, or even a few hundred, venting on the internet probably isn't going to a be a huge change for Ericka's book sales either way. The book would have been a hit or a flop regardless of what happened in this episode.

Erika will do just fine in book sales. She won't be doing a book tour, but I'm sure this is something she'll promote at her performances. She has enough of a fan base at these venues I can see her selling them along with a photo and autographed copy. She won't do as well as say Bethenny or Teresa - vigorous book tours don't happen anymore. But I think she'll do way better than Caroline Manzo and Luann combined.

• Love 1

I am not certain what a book tour consists of these days and Erika's book (according to Brian Moylan) is in the Amazon Top 50, she is signing at the Barnes & Noble in NY, Bookends in NJ, Barnes & Noble at the Grove, on WWHL, Wendy Williams, Page Six broadcast, E!, Entertainment Tonight, and some radio shows in NYC.  That is just in the next week.

• Love 1

I forget where I watched an interview with Erika/Brian - they said they wouldn't be doing a big book tour. Just a few appearances here and there. They said with their individual schedules, they didn't have the time.

The Publishing industry is a very different animal these days. Erika and Brian promoting the book this week is understandable as today was the book release date.

When Teresa and Bethenny had their books - book tours were very common. Barnes and Noble was still a big thing. Barnes and Noble lost much of their business competing with Amazon. Nowadays, unless you are an established author with a big following i.e. JK Rowling or Lee Childs the big machine of having a publisher push you into a big book tour. Back in that time, it was common to have a midnight release party. It's pretty much unheard of now. It is also more likely that a customer will buy the EBook version as opposed to the physical book

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I guess Erika's reputation really is in a bad place when people have to say things like at least she isn't skinning puppies alive during the episode. At least she didn't drag a woman by her hair or flip a table in a restaurant. At least she didn't slap the Pope. 

It's as if people are suggesting that mean behavior and rudeness is no longer a big deal because we've see worse happen on other Bravo shows.

Erika's behavior has been out of line and I think part of the reason she is being called out by a lot of people is because of her inability to apologize or accept the idea that she's done anything wrong this season. 

Pretty much. Erika didn't get physical, so what's the problem? But, then, I also saw people defend Porsha on the RHOA forum, when Porsha dragged Kenya by her hair for pointing a plastic toy at her, so people will defend anything when it comes to the people they like, or when the person they dislike is being punished.

What Teddi did was the equivalent of slapping back after being slapped several times. In retaliation, she was punched a couple of times, then kicked when she was down.  

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I forget where I watched an interview with Erika/Brian - they said they wouldn't be doing a big book tour. Just a few appearances here and there. They said with their individual schedules, they didn't have the time.

The Publishing industry is a very different animal these days. Erika and Brian promoting the book this week is understandable as today was the book release date.

When Teresa and Bethenny had their books - book tours were very common. Barnes and Noble was still a big thing. Barnes and Noble lost much of their business competing with Amazon. Nowadays, unless you are an established author with a big following i.e. JK Rowling or Lee Childs the big machine of having a publisher push you into a big book tour. Back in that time, it was common to have a midnight release party. It's pretty much unheard of now. It is also more likely that a customer will buy the EBook version as opposed to the physical book

It is nice of Erika to include Brian.  

There are episodes when I think Erika is a pretty nice person, then there are episodes when I think she can be rude and mean.   She talks about how immature it is for Dorit/Kyle/LVP to be jealous of each other, then when talking to Dorit about LVP's friendship with Teddi, they both act like jealous little girls.  As I've said before, I don't hate Erika, I just don't understand her at times. Erika criticizes the other ladies on how they should be independent.  That was a big WTF moment for me.  There are many of her criticisms that I don't understand.  Also, I have no desire to read a book by any housewife of any franchise.   Everything I care to know about them is what I see on TV.   YMMV.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I hope Brian was paid up front.  

I am sure he was.  I put some excerpts of Erika's book up-financing her dreams is not a problem.  Tom is all in.  He didn't even review Erika's RH contract.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am sure he was.  I put some excerpts of Erika's book up-financing her dreams is not a problem.  Tom is all in.  He didn't even review Erika's RH contract.

Does that mean that EriCa the B will No longer be on RHOBH? I REALLY hope so!!!

So the only thing Dorit contributed to her swim wear line was suggesting the color gold - hard work Dorit!

Also, I have an unnatural curiosity as to why Dorit couldn't walk up the stairs without complaining.  She was about to explain when PK cut her off.  Did she just finish a squat-a-thon?  Inquiring minds tired of nor'easters want to know!

10 hours ago, BBHN said:

I guess it's that the reaction to what Ericka did isn't proportional to what she actually did. Not that it isn't a big deal.

And yeah, dragging someone by the hair and/or flipping a table is not the same as verbally bitching someone out.

Exactly.  The hate being thrown towards Ericka isn't at all proportionate to what actually happened.  People are OUTRAGED at her because she called someone a crybaby and told them (in an aggressive tone) not to call her a liar. Seriously?  You can be irked by it.  You can be miffed by it. But the amount of hate being thrown her way is just ridiculous. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I find that really hard to believe. He's an attorney and he didn't even do a cursory review of his wife's contract? That seems really irresponsible.

People are OUTRAGED at her because she called someone a crybaby and told them (in an aggressive tone) not to call her a liar. 

I think people were more shocked by the fact that she referred to her as a that, spoke about her as though she weren't even there, and even did the snide "how do feel you stand with your group of friends." Small as they may seem, those are things that anyone who was ever treated like shit or as less than in high school could instantly relate to.

It's why the backlash was so immediate - I'm sure many people had a visceral reaction to seeing it play out with a grown woman and therefore they weren't shy about telling her just how bad a look it was. And if you look at the "backlash" it is very mild.

Most of the comments are saying things like "love you, but you were wrong" "I always thought you were great, but this is not a good look." Or, it is some variation of bringing up how she treated Eileen last year and wondering if these are her true colors. If you compare that to the backlash that some of these other women have gotten (several have gotten death threats), Erika's "backlash" seems more like mild disappointment from some of her fans. 

EDITED: For clarity and word use.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 9

Exactly.  The hate being thrown towards Ericka isn't at all proportionate to what actually happened.  People are OUTRAGED at her because she called someone a crybaby and told them (in an aggressive tone) not to call her a liar. Seriously?  You can be irked by it.  You can be miffed by it. But the amount of hate being thrown her way is just ridiculous. 

Way ridiculous.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I find that really hard to believe. He's an attorney and he didn't even do a cursory review of his wife's contract? That seems really irresponsible.

I think people were more shocked by the fact that she referred to her as a that, spoke about her as though she weren't even there, and even did the snide "how do feel you stand with your group of friends." Small as they may be seem, those are things that anyone who was ever treated like shit or as less than in high school could instantly relate to. It's why the backlash was so immediate - I'm sure many people had a visceral reaction to seeing it play out with a grown woman and therefore they weren't shy about telling her just how bad a look it was. And if you look at the "backlash" it is very mild. Most of the comments are saying things like "love you, but you were wrong" "I always thought you were great, but this is not a good look." Or, it is some variation of bringing up how she treated Eileen last year and wondering if these are her true colors. If you compare that to the backlash that some of these other women have gotten (several have gotten death threats), Erika's "backlash" seems more like mild disappointment from some of her fans. 

Agreed. I haven't seen hate being thrown at Erika by the vast majority of people who have commented. I've seen a lot of disappointment and irritation. I don't think canceling a book order translates into hate. Same for those who are taking Erika to task for being mean, rude, or hypocritical. A person not being fond of another person's actions doesn't necessarily mean that said person is being hateful. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

Way ridiculous.

Is it though? 

Can we be honest about Erika's "backlash" for a second? From what I've seen, Erika had a lot of fans who were upset with her behavior in a particular episode. They looked at the things that they previously discounted and saw pieces of her character. People who didn't like Erika before, or who (like me) saw her as pointless on the show, voiced the same criticisms they'd been voicing before the incident. People who were once fans voiced their disappointment in her behavior. Those criticisms being that she was believing her own hype, or showed her true colors, or reinforced what she did with Eileen in Hong Kong, none of which was really a backlash so much as the commentary that happens with all of the housewives throughout their tenure on the show. 

Backlash, IMO, is what happened to people like Kyle or Camille after their first season of this show, or what happened to LVP after she started shading Kyle in favor of Brandi. Backlash is what happened to Taylor when she started getting death threats because of some careless editing and trash-talking by Kyle and Kim. Erika had people saying things like, "I used to love you, but you were really mean in this episode." Or, "this was a bad look for you." Or, "I was going to buy your book, but I cancelled my order."

People having an immediate visceral reaction to seeing Erika's full mean-girl persona come out and still telling her things like, "I love you but you need to apologize." doesn't qualify as "way ridiculous" backlash to me. People have tried to find out where these women's school-aged children go to school, or again, issued death threats to them over social media. I read a comment where someone hoped that Kyle would be bankrupted and her husband leaves her because they felt that she was enabling Kim.

I don't like it when anyone attacks these women on Social Media because they are still actually people living in this world. But, to say that Erika is getting ridiculous backlash because some people fell out of love with her character on the show, seems more than a little hyperbolic to me. Especially since those same voices were very quick to forgive once they saw her half-hearted apology a week later. 

The outrage that people felt with Erika last week was because of how many people were able to put themselves in Teddi's shoes. That means that even some of Erika's fans have been subjected to some of the crap behavior that Erika exhibited and, they called foul. That's not backlash. That's just being on a reality show long enough for the cracks to show.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 15
39 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Is it though? 

Can we be honest about Erika's "backlash" for a second? From what I've seen, Erika had a lot of fans who were upset with her behavior in a particular episode. They looked at the things that they previously discounted and saw pieces of her character. People who didn't like Erika before, or who (like me) saw her as pointless on the show, voiced the same criticisms they'd been voicing before the incident. People who were once fans voiced their disappointment in her behavior. Those criticisms being that she was believing her own hype, or showed her true colors, or reinforced what she did with Eileen in Hong Kong, none of which was really a backlash so much as the commentary that happens with all of the housewives throughout their tenure on the show. 

Backlash, IMO, is what happened to people like Kyle or Camille after their first season of this show, or what happened to LVP after she started shading Kyle in favor of Brandi. Backlash is what happened to Taylor when she started getting death threats because of some careless editing and trash-talking by Kyle and Kim. Erika had people saying things like, "I used to love you, but you were really mean in this episode." Or, "this was a bad look for you." Or, "I was going to buy your book, but I cancelled my order."

People having an immediate visceral reaction to seeing Erika's full mean-girl persona come out and still telling her things like, "I love you but you need to apologize." doesn't qualify as "way ridiculous" backlash to me. People have tried to find out where these women's school-aged children go to school, or again, issued death threats to them over social media. I read a comment where someone hoped that Kyle would be bankrupted and her husband leaves her because they felt that she was enabling Kim.

I don't like it when anyone attacks these women on Social Media because they are still actually people living in this world. But, to say that Erika is getting ridiculous backlash because some people fell out of love with her character on the show, seems more than a little hyperbolic to me. Especially since those same voices were very quick to forgive once they saw her half-hearted apology a week later. 

The outrage that people felt with Erika last week was because of how many people were able to put themselves in Teddi's shoes. That means that even some of Erika's fans have been subjected to some of the crap behavior that Erika exhibited and, they called foul. That's not backlash. That's just being on a reality show long enough for the cracks to show.

People who didn't like Erika before, or who (like me) saw her as pointless on the show, voiced the same criticisms they'd been voicing before the incident. People who were once fans voiced their disappointment in her behavior. 

I just loved this sentiment.  Something happened along the way on RHOBH when they added a full on character and allowed a dual identity.

I don't think it phased Erika one bit that people thought she was being mean to Teddi.  She was about to start her promotional tour for her book and she had a line of people waiting for her.  Erika mentioned Kim D. from RHONJ was first in line.

I have to agree about waiting for the inevitable apology.  I have come to the conclusion when it comes to Teddi one should watch the clips from the next episode.  Last week it was all about how righteous Teddi was for Telling Rinna about Dorit's earlier comments, this week it is Teddi apologizing to Dorit via telephone and Dorit complaining and how ungrateful Dorit was about the apology, next week it is about Teddi questioning her apologizing via phone and if she sounded sincere.

To me the meanest sentiment I read expressed was someone wishing cancer on Kyle's daughter.  That is someone going way too far.

• Love 2

One of the meanest things I've read wrt the housewives was some poster actively hoping that Mauricio would cheat on Kyle. 

I remember hearing that Taylor got death threats but don't remember reading them. 

I remember reading someone hoping that Brandi wouod get another STD. 

People can be vicious when it comes to the housewives. The criticism of Erika has been pretty light especially in comparison to the other RH franchises. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Agreed. I haven't seen hate being thrown at Erika by the vast majority of people who have commented. I've seen a lot of disappointment and irritation. I don't think canceling a book order translates into hate. Same for those who are taking Erika to task for being mean, rude, or hypocritical. A person not being fond of another person's actions doesn't necessarily mean that said person is being hateful. 

Just to be clear, I'm not referencing this board by saying that the amount of hate being thrown at Ericka is disproportionate.  I'm referring to all of social media.  The way Ericka responded to Teddi was disproportionate to what was actually happening. But what some people on social media are saying is OTT. Teddi is a big girl who can take care of herself.  People (again, social media) need to stop infantilizing her. 

• Love 2

Is it though? 

Yes, I believe so, otherwise, I wouldn't have said it.

Just to be clear, I'm not referencing this board by saying that the amount of hate being thrown at Ericka is disproportionate.  I'm referring to all of social media.  The way Ericka responded to Teddi was disproportionate to what was actually happening. But what some people on social media are saying is OTT. Teddi is a big girl who can take care of herself.  People (again, social media) need to stop infantilizing her. 

Yeah, the disproportionate part is what I find ridiculous.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Teddi does a pretty good job of demonizing Erika and Dorit in social media.  If one were to watch the episode after Erika had a go at her and here Teddi's description it would support the OTT disproportionate reaction of some viewers.  

I always remember what Erika said after the panty incident about talking shit.  Teddi does a good job of it without getting her hands dirty.  Her best weapons are her blogs and talking heads.   She gets the zero interference and uses it well to forward her position.

22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Teddi does a pretty good job of demonizing Erika and Dorit in social media.  If one were to watch the episode after Erika had a go at her and here Teddi's description it would support the OTT disproportionate reaction of some viewers.  

I always remember what Erika said after the panty incident about talking shit.  Teddi does a good job of it without getting her hands dirty.  Her best weapons are her blogs and talking heads.   She gets the zero interference and uses it well to forward her position.

I'm not and haven't justified Ericka in this.  I've said that she was out of line and she was aggressive with Teddi.  I was taken aback by it.  However, the amount of hate being thrown at her is disproportionate, in my opinion. There are people on social media that are acting like she murdered Teddi.  People just need to chill out. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I'm not and haven't justified Ericka in this.  I've said that she was out of line and she was aggressive with Teddi.  I was taken aback by it.  However, the amount of hate being thrown at her is disproportionate, in my opinion. There are people on social media that are acting like she murdered Teddi.  People just need to chill out. 

I appreciate people's opinions about Erika.  I don't think anyone would want to be to be talked to in the way Erika addressed Teddi.  Wise advice all the way around about over reactions on social media.  This franchise has not really had any scorched earth moments - this season.   Mostly just being bitchy and outraged at each other.  No one has gotten divorced, been a victim of a cheating spouse, had an outrageous tabloid story, serious new health concern, been arrested, gone to rehab, accused another of trying to drug and rape, hit or kicked anyone, gone bankrupt.   

• Love 1

I’ve been on the fence about Teddi for a while and now I’m moving toward I don’t like her. I think she has major control issues and is the definition of she can dish it out but she can’t take it. I think Dorit had her number when she told Teddi that you don’t get to decide when everything stops and starts. It’s all well and good that you wanted a private conversation with Dorit, but you told multiple people things she said and she might want to address that. I don’t even like Dorit, but telling Dorit that only Teddi gets to decide what’s a public conversation is ridiculous. Also saying “I’m confused” when you mean “I don’t believe you” is a passive aggressive bitch move. If I had been Erika likely would have just left the table. I don’t need to clear up your confusion. Teddi is likely not a horrible person, but she’s also sort of a stuck up shit stirrer who always blames other people for her having to “call them out” and constantly lies to herself about her own feelings and motivations. I think Teddi needs her own accountability coach.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Did Kyle ask how much of the house was original to 1896? Huh? Is anything in Encino from 1896? What? I guess it could be an old farm house. 

An interesting point as any structure that old would seemingly be designated a historical landmark. Encino was a whistle stop when Portola, Serra et al moved north from San Diego establishing missions along the way. 

2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Did Kyle ask how much of the house was original to 1896? Huh? Is anything in Encino from 1896? What? I guess it could be an old farm house. 

The house was built in the late 1800s (websites disagree on the actual year) in Los Angeles but was moved to Encino by horse drawn carriage in 1912.  

• Love 3