Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Rock Your Face Off

• Start Topic

In my opinion, both Helen and Fabio failed at producing a country performance outfit. I can't imagine any country star wearing either one.

On the other hand, I loved both Anthony and Edmond's looks, especially Edmond's because it looked really effortless. Ken's was nice too. The color looked great on his model.

Olivia Culpo's necklace drove me crazy! I feel like every single time the camera was on her, the necklace was in a different position lol.

• Love 1
On 3/16/2018 at 2:14 PM, terrymct said:

I did some googling and Helen doesn't come up related to Isaac except in the context of the show.  Her bio says that she teaches fashion full time at a high school in Union City, NJ, and has a studio in the Hell's Kitchen area of Manhattan.

Wow....can you imagine a conservative parent showing up for that parent/teacher conference??  I would love to see the look on the parent's face when they are walking out!  ;-)

53 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Wow....can you imagine a conservative parent showing up for that parent/teacher conference??  I would love to see the look on the parent's face when they are walking out!  ;-)

If their kid is attending a high school that has a fashion curriculum, they might be used to an eclectic group.  

• Love 2
On 3/16/2018 at 5:27 AM, jackjill89 said:

Helen is gone. Josh is gone. Merline (are is that Mare-leen) and her stupid hats are gone. I feel like I can finally enjoy this season.

But, wait...Alyssa the wooden host and Michael Kors-wannabe Isaac are still there. Darn.

I didn't think her hats were bad, so much as the way she wore them--- on the crown of her head. Ugh! That irks me to no end! I don't know if there is a sartorial rule about it & it probably varies with the style of hat, but I always had an irresistible urge to tug her hat down over her forehead.

On 3/21/2018 at 9:00 PM, Steph619 said:

Olivia Culpo's necklace drove me crazy! I feel like every single time the camera was on her, the necklace was in a different position lol.

I didn't notice her necklace--- I couldn't take my eyes off her face! Man, she is gorgeous! Just exquisite! I was tickled when Fabio kind of Vogued that she was serving face!-face!-face! It puzzles me how she earns a living, though. She's often photographed in the tabloids wearing expensive outfits & she dates rich men, but still... I mean, she was crowned Miss Universe six years ago....

Edited by NowVoyager
On 3/15/2018 at 10:41 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Fabio's didn't scream country, but the look with the model's fluffy blonde hair brought to mind Kimberly from Little Big Town.  Both women in that band are great dressers.  I think Helen's is not far off from Shania Twain in her prime.  Rip of the sleeves and add stripper boots up to the groin, a split seem in the skirt where the crotch is almost exposed, and there you go.  

I thought of Shania Twain with Helen's as well. It needed a bit of tweaking, but it read country to me, and was very well made and moved beautifully. Fabio's was cute but not country, but I do agree that the styling was on point.

I was bummed to see Helen go, would've loved to see a collection from her. Stanley seems like a nice enough guy, but his aesthetic and personality put me to sleep.

• Love 2
On 3/16/2018 at 12:19 AM, ichbin said:

You nailed it!  

The way Fabio's outfit fit his model was wonderful.  I think Stanley was overrated by the judges in past episodes and what he made in this episode was pretty meh. The vest and skirt looked like 70's high school outfits.  I wasn't crazy about any of the other looks either.  

The very best thing in this episode, however, was Alyssa finally wore something that fit and flattered!  The fringe on the jacket even worked.   

Alyssa looked great, best so far this season for sure. It's amazing how slimming properly fitted clothes can be.

• Love 1
On 3/16/2018 at 6:44 PM, Snappy said:

I am so happy Helen is gone, and am I the only one who see's her bodice as a direct copy of the bodice on Stanley's red dress?

On 3/17/2018 at 5:17 AM, Sarnia said:

No, I wrote about it yesterday! :)

It was so obvious, I'm surprised no judge mentioned it.

Helen's was not even close to a direct copy of Stanley's bodice. Stanley's was straight across, with straps, no boning and a low back with small zipper. Helen's was strapless with boning, a high zipper in back, and it scooped down a bit in front.  

image.thumb.png.20e0e32deb3610bb26c220f369b533fd.pngimage.thumb.png.f382a1f51ec83962d53a1ade62715461.png

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2018 at 6:25 AM, Diane Mars said:

If you like having $cientos around, yes. But if you don't, better to stay far far far away from her :)

Ugh, gross. Was going to say that I liked her too, but never mind! 

When I saw the flat chested/bound bodice Helen was working on in the workroom I immediately thought of Stanley's dress, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Everyone sees something different.

42 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

17 hours ago, SterlingSilver36 said:

The challenge really wasn't fair to 2 of the designers.  Rock and Pop are so much more familiar genres for the designers than Country.  What about R&B or Rap as the third genre instead? 

There are actually more country music stations than any other type of music. I am a font of useless information.

• Love 2

Both (and others) reminded me of Tudor fashion.

20 minutes ago, Snappy said:

When I saw the flat chested/bound bodice Helen was working on in the workroom I immediately thought of Stanley's dress, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Everyone sees something different.

image.png

• Love 4
On 3/17/2018 at 6:24 PM, atlantaloves said:

IN RE FABIO.....Oh honey I am all about a man who constantly wears a skirt and is totally macho as well, with that fabulous deep voice that Fabio has....ahhhhhhh.

I love him too, but I was really disappointed when he said he had designed for Chris Brown.  :(

• Love 1