Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Buddy's Next Move

• Start Topic

"I need to get involved" Holy he'll no you do not! Let Heather and Buddy sort it out, she is pushing a recovering addict about his EX and pouring salt in the wound by harassing him for rent.  I bet Buddy regrets ever getting involved with Heather, he must have known Whit would always be in their business.

Omg she dumps two shovelfuls of dirt and she's 'dying' and I love Buddy's snarky "shoes would help" comment. Whit mentioning BGDC in Charleston, yes it's all about you.

• Love 19
38 minutes ago, kar328 said:

As much as it pains me to say it, I’m with you on this. I lost my 25 3/4 year old cockatiel a year and a half ago. Had him for 25 1/2 years. It’s so very hard. 

55 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

I'm cutting Whitney a lot of lack during this episode. I respect the fact that she loves her pets so dearly, and the show is more than hinting that one of them dies. It's devastating and rips you to pieces. The scene at the vet brought back awful memories for me -  a few years ago, my sweet cat died instantly from a heart murmur. I feel awful for anyone who loses a pet, Whitney included -- poor girl.

Losing a pet is the worse thing about having them. Although, Whitney's ridiculous whispered announcement to Babs seemed over the top to me, in addition to the fact that the crew gave her the option to handle that privately.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don't get the whole box of sentimental items like cards and receipt, I never kept a box.

I kept a few things like Heather did. Once in a blue moon I'll stumble across them and go through them. It's a nice little stroll down memory lane. 

10 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

"I need to get involved" Holy he'll no you do not! Let Heather and Buddy sort it out, she is pushing a recovering addict about his EX and pouring salt in the wound by harassing him for rent.  I bet Buddy regrets ever getting involved with Heather, he must have known Whit would always be in their business.

Omg she dumps two shovelfuls of dirt and she's 'dying' and I love Buddy's snarky "shoes would help" comment. Whit mentioning BGDC in Charleston, yes it's all about you.

Yeah after seeing the previews, I think she still has a thing for Buddy. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Maggienolia said:

How do you not know that your cat has developed a stomach bug?!?!?! Oh wait.... let me guess... the same way you don't know that they're sh*tting all over the floor.

LMAO! I wonder if Henchi had to shit on her bed to get her attention. Poor kitties.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ThinkerBell said:

I'm cutting Whitney a lot of lack during this episode. I respect the fact that she loves her pets so dearly, and the show is more than hinting that one of them dies. It's devastating and rips you to pieces. The scene at the vet brought back awful memories for me -  a few years ago, my sweet cat died instantly from a heart murmur. I feel awful for anyone who loses a pet, Whitney included -- poor girl.

I lost my cat last year to a heart murmur... she was only 7, I felt horrible because I knew about the murmur, but realistically couldn’t afford a vetenary cardiologist... also I’m a human nurse and in humans murmurs are not usually fatal so I don’t think I took it seriously initially.

• Love 7

OMG THEY SLAUGHTERED THE PIG.  I don't like the way she talked to Whitney on the phone about it and kept him in a place with Group A Streptococcus bacteria.  

Edited by WillowG
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, WillowG said:

Watch me find a new vet when they have someone whose name tag says receptionist tell me about my pets heart condition.  Horrendous room for errors there.

That's a good point. I'm assuming the vet had better things to do than hold Whitney's hand.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, WillowG said:

OMG THEY SLAUGHTERED THE PIG.  Cremated, riiiiight.

Pigs can be territorial and mean. I wonder if Piggy was attacked by other pigs at its new home--they don't always take too well to new pigs. 

• Love 4

Whitney...why the fuck do you have TWO intact male cats in your home?  They are gonna piss up that house something awful.  And clearly, she hasn’t done any form of slow introduction with the new kitty.  Steve Purrwin is still freakin’ adorable, though.  But if I’m Whitney, the moment I decide to keep a cat - vet appointment post-haste  to get fixed, vaccinated, examined, etc.

Really?  You’re making a big, swooning deal over Henchi meowing in the car?  Have you seriously never taken your cat to the vet before?  That’s what they do when they’re confined. 

Ew!  She kept the CVS receipt (for condoms, I guess) for the day she lost her virginity?  I understand keeping hold of sentimental items, but is the first awkward romp in the sack worth memorializing like that?  Particularly with someone she is clearly not still with?  Do we need MORE reasons to believe she’s creepy as fuck?

I can’t fully like Buddy.  There’s still something shady and insincere about him, even in his talking heads.  And perhaps his bombshell to Heather next week fuels that sentiment.  I know it’s reality TV, but...I don’t get the feeling he’s fully committed to sobriety.  I think he’s committed to the storyline, but not much beyond that.  I’ll admit I could be wrong.

Yeah, everyone called it on the pig.  I do feel for them here.  It’s never easy to lose a pet.  My husband and I had two cats left in our care on what was supposed to be a temporary situation, but the owner was not able to reclaim them.  And we couldn’t bring ourselves to re-home them.  If we had, and then found out something happened on the back of trying to do the right thing for them, I would probably feel the same way as Whitney and Babs.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Yajmele said:

Ew!  She kept the CVS receipt (for condoms, I guess) for the day she lost her virginity?  I understand keeping hold of sentimental items, but is the first awkward romp in the sack worth memorializing like that?  Particularly with someone she is clearly not still with?  Do we need MORE reasons to believe she’s creepy as fuck?  

That part made me audibly dry heave. Just beyond creepy. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

I agree, I found that creepy AF...and her little tag on the page marked "Virginity". She loves to push the boundaries and be as inappropriate as humanly possible.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

I'm assuming the vet had better things to do than hold Whitney's hand.

Ya don't third-party a diagnosis, makes it sound like it's the receptionist's opinion for one.  Maybe she said the 'veterinarian has said' and they cut it.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

We need to start a compaign to bury the adoption agency with clips and quotes from the show so they can immediately decline her application. 

So the unemployed can adopt now?  TLC loves for its stars to trot out the “maybe I’ll adopt” storyline. I believe Whitney wanting to adopt this as much as I believe Jess Duggar.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

So the unemployed can adopt now?  TLC loves for its stars to trot out the “maybe I’ll adopt” storyline. I believe Whitney wanting to adopt this as much as I believe Jess Duggar.

Yep, Whitney would never seriously entertain the thought of having to sacrifice all of that attention. 

• Love 8

I'm really hoping the adoption is just a storyline, because no kid deserves Whit for a (single) parent. And it would be so unethical to stick one with her when she can't even care for herself or her current cats. 

• Love 10

Buddy said he was worried about “accidentally relapsing”. How exactly does that happen. Does cocaine accidentally fall out of the sky and up your nose? No Buddy, it’s a decision YOU make and an action YOU take! And what rehab center tells you it’s ok to drink if your problem is cocaine? Rant over.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I lost my cat last year to a heart murmur... she was only 7, I felt horrible because I knew about the murmur, but realistically couldn’t afford a vetenary cardiologist... also I’m a human nurse and in humans murmurs are not usually fatal so I don’t think I took it seriously initially.

So sorry you went through this too, LeighRoda. When my boy was diagnosed with a heart murmur, the vet didn't suggest any medication, but we did adjust his food to keep his heart as healthy as possible for as long as we could. When his little heart broke, so did mine . . . forever. I felt awful for Whitney and Babs during tonight's show when they found out about poor Piggy - losing an animal that you love is horrible.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

I agree, I found that creepy AF...and her little tag on the page marked "Virginity". She loves to push the boundaries and be as inappropriate as humanly possible.

I'm surprised she didn't haul all of her old diaries out. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Buddy said he was worried about “accidentally relapsing”. How exactly does that happen. Does cocaine accidentally fall out of the sky and up your nose? No Buddy, it’s a decision YOU make and an action YOU take! And what rehab center tells you it’s ok to drink if your problem is cocaine? Rant over.

Wait, did the rehab center really tell him it was okay to drink? I must have missed that. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

I'm surprised she didn't haul all of her old diaries out. 

Yeah, no kidding. She couldn't even let Heather's ridiculous, teenager-like burning in effigy be about Heather...she had to make it about herself, as usual. What a horrible friend.

P.S. Burning shit in the yard? Grow the F up, Heather.

• Love 11

I wasn’t surprised when Buddy said he thought he could just go back to work at the bar after rehab; Buddy has never struck me as being very bright. But that does raise the question of what he is going to do for living.

Also one reason I cannot stand the name Buddy is because every time I hear it I get an earworm of the song from the commercial for a doll from the 90s (I think) that was targeted toward little boys called My Buddy. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 10

When he was in Hawaii he talked about the fact he would still drink now and then and it wouldn’t be a problem. I am thinking that had be his take on the situation and not what he actually learned in rehab.

Edited by hoosiermom
Old age
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

Yep, Whitney would never seriously entertain the thought of having to sacrifice all of that attention. 

What worries me is that she would do it for the attention because during a pregnancy or adoption process you get a lot of attention. Then the attention would go away and her child would just be another of her animal collection barely being cared for. 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

When he was in Hawaii he talked about the fact he would still drink now and then and it wouldn’t be a problem. I am thinking that had be his take on the situation and not what he actually learned in rehab.

Oh I had forgotten that. Buddy really needs to get himself a real life.  Mom and dad pay for his phone but he's laughing about " hookers and blow". Really dude?? 

5 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

What worries me is that she would do it for the attention because during a pregnancy or adoption process you get a lot of attention. Then the attention would go away and her child would just be another of her animal collection barely being cared for. 

She could always pawn the baby off to Babs and Glenn. Glenn would be in granddaddy heaven.

• Love 8

-In on of the previous episodes Buddy says women/romantic relationships iirc are a trigger for his using- Then in a preview for the next episode it showed him admitting that while he was with Heather/stringing her along he started a new relationship with some other chick.......it seems like part of his drug usage could have been more of a way to assuage himself of guilt. Since why would you jump/be in another relationship WHEN YOU JUST SAID that is something that tempts you to do drugs??? Like they tried to make us be sympathetic to him but he's throwing himself into these things.

• Love 7

Once again this week, we were treated to some poor unsuspecting person being sat on or laid on by Twitney. What a crazy bitch! No wonder her barnacles have to be paid to be her friend.

Who the hell would willingly go to her house knowing that's what's in store for them! Smothered to death by an asinine, immature idiot with no boundaries.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, AegisGale said:

-In on of the previous episodes Buddy says women/romantic relationships iirc are a trigger for his using- Then in a preview for the next episode it showed him admitting that while he was with Heather/stringing her along he started a new relationship with some other chick.......it seems like part of his drug usage could have been more of a way to assuage himself of guilt. Since why would you jump/be in another relationship WHEN YOU JUST SAID that is something that tempts you to do drugs??? Like they tried to make us be sympathetic to him but he's throwing himself into these things.

He really tries to avoid admitting that he acted like a dick. Just admit it already. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

He really tries to avoid admitting that he acted like a dick. Just admit it already. 

-gasps- But all his issues that absolve him from any responsibility even at over 30 years old. Him and Whit aren't actually awful people.

• Love 2

Whitney's life just isn't interesting, I think this is why every episode is entitled "Buddy etc....". Now that's getting boring too.  I got a kick when she told Todd last week that they got so many more views than the fitness guy got, millions & millions!  Yup they sure did.... because it was a "fat girl dancing" video, an amazing thing to see.   Can she even do that anymore,  BTW?  And that cry face when she told mom about the pig.   How does she get that lower lip out that far?   You know,  she didn't have to have the cameras there at that tender family moment.... she wanted them there.   Totally true as many have pointed out....LOVES  to be the bearer of bad news, doesn't she.   Adopt?  No agency would EVER approve  her.  She would have to find some poor pregnant  woman and buy a baby, and that don't come cheap.   Lazy creature.... she'd have to have a nanny  or have Babs watch it.  This is just another sad attempt to be interesting.   Heather... for the love of God,  it just didn't work out!  Move on please!  Pathetic.  

• Love 13

I had stuff to do and a newly-moved sister to talk to, so I saw the video, but had the sound down. Four thoughts:

1. Why would Buddy move to be around a lot of other addicts? Why move at all - don't plenty of addicts just have to stay where they are and deal with  people and places? Yes, maybe he can't work in a bar anymore, but move out of town? I dunno.

2. G-d in heaven, Twit, stop kissing the dang cat on the mouth.

3. Twit - leave Buddy and Heather alone. You are not Dear Abby (I haven't dated myself too much here, have I?).

4. Our sweet bunny of 10 years died the other week. My son and I are devastated. We had to go to the crematory and pick out an urn for our little ball of fluffy love. I didn't have the sound on, but I saw the tears and I understand- especially if they are feeling guilty over letting the pig go (watching the rerun and haven't heard how it died yet).  They should feel guilty. They brought the pig into their home and then as soon as it acts like a pig, they send it away. You treat all of your animals like members of the family? No, I don't think so.

Edited by aliya
'cause I can count to four
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, AegisGale said:

-gasps- But all his issues that absolve him from any responsibility even at over 30 years old. Him and Whit aren't actually awful people.

Maybe they should hook up, after all they have so much in common. Parents footing the bills, addictive behaviors/unhealthy lifestyles, unwillingness to own their bad behavior, emotional cluelessness, no real jobs to speak of now that Buddy can no longer tend bar, treating their friends kind of shitty-what else am I forgetting?

• Love 9

Some thoughts - 

• Buddy is annoying, and boring as hell. Don't care about him at all.
  • Why is this Buddy/Heather thing going ON and ON and ON? I forget how the breakup happened - did he sit down and talk to her and say hey, it's over?
  • Heather is ridiculous. Reading that card from Buddy? Boring.
  • Buddy saying that he "just doesn't want to deal with it" meaning Heather. Dude, just deal with it once and for all, and everyone be done.
  • WTF is she doing with that shovel??
  • Love 13

Buddy's struggling to decide whether he's ready to "go home again" or whether it would be better to go to a half-way house on his way to sobriety.  

So, of course, Whitney's first thought (great friend that she is) is what about my rent?  

Heather started morosely going through her mementos from her relationship with Buddy.

So, of course, Whitney's first thought (great friend that she is) is what about my box of old-boyfriend shit?

And, once again, Glenn has his hands full.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, WillowG said:

OMG THEY SLAUGHTERED THE PIG.  I don't like the way she talked to Whitney on the phone about it and kept him in a place with Group A Streptococcus bacteria.  

Is this what killed Piggy? (I haven't seen the episode.) Did the farm explain how he cotracted it?

16 minutes ago, MissCurmudgeonly said:

Some thoughts - 

• Buddy is annoying, and boring as hell. Don't care about him at all.
  • Why is this Buddy/Heather thing going ON and ON and ON? I forget how the breakup happened - did he sit down and talk to her and say hey, it's over?
  • Heather is ridiculous. Reading that card from Buddy? Boring.
  • Buddy saying that he "just doesn't want to deal with it" meaning Heather. Dude, just deal with it once and for all, and everyone be done.
  • WTF is she doing with that shovel??

WTF is she doing with that shovel?

Her version of manual labor. Or training to keep on shoveling the bullshit that is her fabulous life.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Dot said:

Is this what killed Piggy? (I haven't seen the episode.) Did the farm explain how he cotracted it?

They didn't explain how Piggy contracted it. It sounds like a very fast acting bacterial infection and the rescue wasn't able to get him to the vet in time. I hope they don't start blaming the rescue.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WillowG said:

What??? I cannot tell you how hard it was to scrape my eyebrows off of the ceiling after that 1st sentence. OK, back on earth - they put the pig somewhere with disease? Jeez. Babs & Glenn should have built a nice little pen in the back and called it a day. You never know what's going to happen when you give an animal up. I'm on some animal activist FB pages and the latest news was someone adopted a pig, then turned around and killed it. What is wrong with people?  

Piggy died of Erysipelas according to the phone call.

I read about it on this site.  

Swine erysipelas is caused by a bacterium, Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae that is found in most if not all pig farms

Read the page on it at the link above, and tell me that they didn't all but kill the pig by sending it to that farm.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Am I missing something - Twit has tons of food on the counter and what, 4 people coming over?

That did seem like a lot of food, but maybe this was going on for awhile and they had to skip a meal. I'm pretty sure it wasn't after 9 either...

• Love 5