Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Buddy's Next Move

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

Twit's life is so fabulous that they have to temper it with stories about Buddy so we, the viewers, don't stroke out from her extreme fabulosity. 

/sarcasm  But really, what does it say about your life's level of big-ness and fabulous-ness when there's SO little going on (out of literally thousands of hours of film) that most of the past few episodes are about you friend who is in rehab/looking for a post-rehab sober house totally separate from anything you are doing?? 

Right?  To paraphrase David Sedaris - "There's a reason regular people aren't on tv - we're boring."  But while most people I know may be too boring for tv (myself included) we all have jobs and hobbies and interests that at least make us interesting to each other.  Now that we are done pretending she has other jobs (like the radio station or the baseball team) and ALMOST done pretending that she has interest in/a hobby in dance, what else is there?  Ashley's baby, stalking Avi, and Buddy's biz.

2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Am I completely heartless that I cannot understand the hysterics over a dead pig?  I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Table for two please :)

ETA:  also for @Dot - didn't you say before that she already had a cat named Steve Purrwin?  or was that another name and I'm confused?

Edited by princelina
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Piggy died of Erysipelas according to the phone call.

I read about it on this site.  

Read the page on it at the link above, and tell me that they didn't all but kill the pig by sending it to that farm.

I can't blame the farm. The article said the symptoms come on rapidly and that sometimes, death is the only symptom. Sort of like swine flu? (I'm not making light of Piggy's death, BTW).

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, princelina said:

Right?  To paraphrase David Sedaris - "There's a reason regular people aren't on tv - we're boring."  But while most people I know may be too boring for tv (myself included) we all have jobs and hobbies and interests that at least make us interesting to each other.  Now that we are done pretending she has other jobs (like the radio station or the baseball team) and ALMOST done pretending that she has interest in/a hobby in dance, what else is there?

Exactly. So we are treated to a ride-along of Twit and Babs driving Henchi home from the vet! Seriously? THIS is a film-worthy event? If so, then I should definitely have my own show. At least when I go out with my two dogs, one goes one way, the other goes another way, and within 30 seconds they have me hog tied and I'm trying to get untangled from the leashes! If watching a cat meow from the backseat is riveting television, then my little fuzz balls of mischief definitely deserve their own show!

Her big fat fabulous life is seriously un-fabulous. YAWN!

• Love 14

I will have to say I’m rather impressed that the producer would ask permission before following Whitney to tell Babs about the pig. He seemed genuinely open to just letting them go and have the sad family time alone and in private. Of course Whitney had to F that up and bring the cameras along with no regard to whether that’s what her mom would want. But still - kudos to the producer for showing some compassion. I don’t blame him for following once Whit said yes since that is his job.  

• Love 22
21 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

I can't blame the farm. The article said the symptoms come on rapidly and that sometimes, death is the only symptom. Sort of like swine flu? (I'm not making light of Piggy's death, BTW).

I’m not blaming the farm, per se.

But clearly the pig contracted the bacteria there.

And when you look at the manner of transmission or triggers for the bacteria becoming pathological, they include exposure to other pigs’ feces, change of diet, stress from a move. 

It seems that Whitney took a pig whom they chose to domesticate, and whose immune system was not accustomed to exposure to other animals that carry this bacteria, and threw the pig into a situation that was not going to be healthy for it. 

And all for a storyline for this lame season. 

• Love 20

How was Heather able to make it through a divorce, but still have the moving on skills of a 15 year old? I hope watching this episode helps her let go of any lingering feelings because Buddy made it clear he does not love her. He seems to barely even like her. She's just a source of guilt and disappointment for him at this point

• Love 24
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Did you notice in the preview of Heather and Buddy “talking” - there is Whitney sitting right there with them. Geez. 

I know.  It's like in Catfish, when Nev & Max leave the couple alone to talk, but the camera and mic people stay.

2 hours ago, WillowG said:

Watch me find a new vet when they have someone whose name tag says receptionist tell me about my pets heart condition.  Horrendous room for errors there.

That was probably the quickest way to get the information on camera, and the vet probably didn't have time to come out and do it.

48 minutes ago, aliya said:

Am I missing something - Twit has tons of food on the counter and what, 4 people coming over?

And I hope none of those people were expecting doggie bags to take home.
Does Ashley's baby come to Whit's house much?  I really hope not, because it's probably not the most sanitary place, with all those litter boxes, and the cats.
Not that I don't like cats, but I don't think she keeps the litter boxes clean, and there may be spraying, too.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, princelina said:
3 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Am I completely heartless that I cannot understand the hysterics over a dead pig?  I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Table for two please :)

I feel really bad about this, (I suppose Whitney brings out the worst in me) but here was my inner dialogue along with the show:

Farm Lady: Piggy started to get really warm and spotty

Whitney: When?

Me (as Farm Lady): Right after we put her on the stove.

Whitney: Where is she now?

Me (as Farm Lady): Right between the omelet and the potato hash.

/I'll see myself out the door to hell now.

25 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I will have to say I’m rather impressed that the producer would ask permission before following Whitney to tell Babs about the pig. He seemed genuinely open to just letting them go and have the sad family time alone and in private. Of course Whitney had to F that up and bring the cameras along with no regard to whether that’s what her mom would want. But still - kudos to the producer for showing some compassion. I don’t blame him for following once Whit said yes since that is his job.  

I agree.  Although it does raise the issue of the show not actually wanting to show, you know, reality on this supposedly reality show.

And when you consider how shitty Whitney was to agree to bring the film crew when she told Babs, consider that she almost certainly had to re-enact the scene of getting the call from the Farm, unless they just happened to be filming her oozing off of her couch when the call came in.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I can't help but find it suspicious that they just happened to call while Whit was sitting on her sofa doing nothing with a camera person to film it.  The lower lip thing was weird, but she managed to squeeze out a few tears (it seemed) whereas Babs was dry-eyed during her dramatic moments.  My guess is this was a dramatic scene for our benefit.  (Not saying that the pig didn't die or they weren't upset - just that what we were shown was a reenactment of some sort.)

24 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I feel really bad about this, (I suppose Whitney brings out the worst in me) but here was my inner dialogue along with the show:

Farm Lady: Piggy started to get really warm and spotty

Whitney: When?

Me (as Farm Lady): Right after we put her on the stove.

Whitney: Where is she now?

Me (as Farm Lady): Right between the omelet and the potato hash.

/I'll see myself out the door to hell now.

I just wondered what it smells like when they cremate a pig.  (I had a delicious BLT for lunch yesterday :)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Is this what killed Piggy? (I haven't seen the episode.) Did the farm explain how he cotracted it?

This is a link to information about what caused his death.

http://www.thepigsite.com/diseaseinfo/41/erysipelas/

2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Piggy died of Erysipelas according to the phone call.

I read about it on this site.  

Read the page on it at the link above, and tell me that they didn't all but kill the pig by sending it to that farm.

You beat me to it.  I posted before I read yours.  Who knew there was a website called The Pig Site?  :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, princelina said:

also for @Dot - didn't you say before that she already had a cat named Steve Purrwin?  or was that another name and I'm confused?

Having not seen the episode, I gather Steve Purrwin is in it. He's the orange cat she picked up in a park that I've been wondering about since she always talks about 3 cats -- Henchi, Wanda & Ollie -- but never Steve ( or does she call him Purrwin?)

Surely, if she kept him, she's had him neutered by now.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Dot said:

Having not seen the episode, I gather Steve Purrwin is in it. He's the orange cat she picked up in a park that I've been wondering about since she always talks about 3 cats -- Henchi, Wanda & Ollie -- but never Steve ( or does she call him Purrwin?)

Surely, if she kept him, she's had him neutered by now.

He's the one she found in her house when she got home from Hawaii last week!  Supposedly he turned up on her doorstep while she was in Hawaii and the dude staying in her house to watch her cats let him in.  Definitely not a cat we knew about before last week!

Edited by princelina
  • Love 3
On 3/12/2018 at 11:51 PM, RabbiBeth said:

Furthermore - and this is totally shallow - but just hearing/reading his name, "BUDDY" is starting to send me over the edge.  It sounds like the name of a pet or a toddler, not a grown man.

OK, then we shall go by his proper name, "Boo Bear."

• Love 8

I gotta say, that new curly cat is really cute.  And her friend's baby is even cuter.

On a more superficial note, I know that I'm not a pretty cryer by any means but the cameraman seemed to love focusing in on Whitney's exaggerated baby-crying face during the scene with Babs- lower lip jutted out, almost cartoon-like.  

As for Heather- for God's sake, woman- you are pining and crying over a guy who was half-conscious for most of your relationship, into drugs (did you know even have an inkling?), barely intelligible who couldn't pay his rent and slept half the day away.  Think of your children and set the bar a little bit higher, why don't you?

• Love 19
9 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Buddy said he was worried about “accidentally relapsing”. How exactly does that happen. Does cocaine accidentally fall out of the sky and up your nose? No Buddy, it’s a decision YOU make and an action YOU take! And what rehab center tells you it’s ok to drink if your problem is cocaine? Rant over.

I caught that too and thought the same thing

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Yajmele said:

Whitney...why the fuck do you have TWO intact male cats in your home?  They are gonna piss up that house something awful.  And clearly, she hasn’t done any form of slow introduction with the new kitty.  Steve Purrwin is still freakin’ adorable, though.  But if I’m Whitney, the moment I decide to keep a cat - vet appointment post-haste  to get fixed, vaccinated, examined, etc.

Ooh... does she have an intact male and female in the same house?  What does she plan to do with the inevitable kittens?  I have 1 male cat and 1 female.  I got the male (Naja) 6 months before the female (Shikaree), but he was fixed before she came home.  I considered not getting the female spayed, because when she went into heat it was just so darn cute.  Once she started peeing everywhere, I changed my mind quickly.

So was the devastating news was the death of a pet pig as we had speculated?

Edited by Thrifty
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

Ooh... does she have an intact male and female in the same house? 

I didn’t get the impression that Wanda was not fixed. I think Henchi and Wanda are fixed. Otherwise, I think it would have been mentioned with the other laundry list of reasons why having 4 cats is a bad idea for her. 

She did specifically say that Oliver and Steve both have their balls, which is just a recipe for disaster.  Two cats new to the home with two other cats?  That’s just going to be territorial stress all around, and cats do mark territory.  Like I said, they’re gonna piss up that house. 

• Love 4

Cats are territorial solitary creatures, whether they're fixed or not.  You can't assume you can just toss one more in the mix.

I think the boring Henchi storyline was there just to make us think the news might be about him instead of Alistair.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I gotta say, that new curly cat is really cute.  And her friend's baby is even cuter.

On a more superficial note, I know that I'm not a pretty cryer by any means but the cameraman seemed to love focusing in on Whitney's exaggerated baby-crying face during the scene with Babs- lower lip jutted out, almost cartoon-like.  

As for Heather- for God's sake, woman- you are pining and crying over a guy who was half-conscious for most of your relationship, into drugs (did you know even have an inkling?), barely intelligible who couldn't pay his rent and slept half the day away.  Think of your children and set the bar a little bit higher, why don't you?

So true.  Granted, I do have empathy for Buddy and his struggle with sobriety.  I wish him well, but, he really seems like a jerk when it comes to his former girlfriend's feelings.  Why not be a man about it and look her in the face, tell her you are sorry, you were not kind to her, but you both must move on separately and that you offer your sincerest apology.  ISN'T that one of the tenets of AA?  I thought that as much as you could, you are supposed to write letters of apology to all of those you have wronged as part of the process.  Someone chime in if I'm off on this.  I know Buddy is early in his recovery, but, he just STILL seems so into MIND GAMES. He's so full of:   I don't know, I can't think about it, I don't want to go there, I can't even consider,.......etc.  All that time in a professional setting and he can't think of anything, can't describe his feelings or even say what he thinks?  I hope they have really properly diagnosed him.  

10 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

We need to start a compaign to bury the adoption agency with clips and quotes from the show so they can immediately decline her application. 

I'm not sure of the rules an adoption agency may have, but, I would think that Whit is not a proper candidate to adopt.  Her health is really shaky and with her mobility issues.....I can't see her being capable of caring for a child. Whit has a lot to offer.  Maybe, she should start with fostering a child and see how that goes. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

I didn’t get the impression that Wanda was not fixed. I think Henchi and Wanda are fixed. Otherwise, I think it would have been mentioned with the other laundry list of reasons why having 4 cats is a bad idea for her. 

She did specifically say that Oliver and Steve both have their balls, which is just a recipe for disaster.  Two cats new to the home with two other cats?  That’s just going to be territorial stress all around, and cats do mark territory.  Like I said, they’re gonna piss up that house. 

I introduced Shikaree to Naja when Shikaree was just 3 and 1/2 months old and Naja was about a year (I have only a vague idea of Naja's actual age).  People told me that two cats from different litters would not get along well.  There was an adjustment for the first 2 weeks, but no peeing.

• Love 2

I only watched the last 2 minutes of the episode because I couldn’t care less about Buddy and Heather (or really Whit for that matter haha).  However, I am laughing at the fact that Heather kept all these mementos from their relationship and then proceeded to have a burn-ritual. It really reinforces my opinion that these fucking morons have the emotional maturity of 15-year olds.  I feel sorry for Heather’s children that she is the person they have to look up to as a role model.

With regards to the pig, I can sort of understand why Babs is so upset.  She is a sensitive person and probably feels guilty (although she really shouldn’t) about giving the pig up.  But Whit’s reaction is completely over the top.  For God sake woman, you really do nothing to stop perpetuating the idea that you are an overgrown toddler.  You stick that bottom lip out any farther and your cats are going to come along and poop in there!

And if there is a better candidate for adoption, I don’t see one.  A 500 pound, single, unemployed woman-child who can’t even properly take care of cats is the ideal person who should be raising a child.  I’m sure the adoption agencies are putting Whit’s face on “we want you” posters as we speak.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I’m not blaming the farm, per se.

But clearly the pig contracted the bacteria there.

And when you look at the manner of transmission or triggers for the bacteria becoming pathological, they include exposure to other pigs’ feces, change of diet, stress from a move. 

It seems that Whitney took a pig whom they chose to domesticate, and whose immune system was not accustomed to exposure to other animals that carry this bacteria, and threw the pig into a situation that was not going to be healthy for it. 

And all for a storyline for this lame season. 

I was also wondering about how strong his immune system was in that situation.  You brought up some good points about diet, stress, etc. With such a messed up timeline, I don't think we'll ever know how long Piggy was at the rescue before he died. Poor Piggy. Poor Babs too. I'm still pissed that Whitney allowed the crew to film that scene.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

That was probably the quickest way to get the information on camera, and the vet probably didn't have time to come out and do it.

Plus, the receptionist probably gets minimum wage, and TLC didn't want to pay for the vet's time.  Or the receptionist was an "actress" with no name.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

It was probably the quickest way to get the information on camera, and the vet probably didn't have time to come out and do it.

Or the vet didn't want his/her name associated with this stupid show.

And just to be fair to Buddy (did I really just type that?) I think he was talking to Tal in Hawaii when he said he arrived at rehab for cocaine, thinking that he didn't have an alcohol problem so he could just kick the coke and go on drinking. Then Buddy said something to the effect of the rehab center quickly set him straight (no pun intended) that even if he didn't have a problem with alcohol (which he now admitted he had as well) he was done with drinking because recovery doesn't mean substituting one addictive substance for another. So I don't think anyone at the rehab center told him he could have a few drinks if he felt like it. And I think Whitney diligently removing the beer from her fridge to her garage/studio because Buddy might be coming over confirms he understood he couldn't drink.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Whitney's life just isn't interesting, I think this is why every episode is entitled "Buddy etc....". Now that's getting boring too.

Yup. For a while it was all about the pregnant friend. That storyline was bad enough. Now they have moved on to Buddy. Whit is practically a second player in her own show!

When Heather sees this episode with Buddy telling his new sober friend that he "fell out of love" with her, that ought to seal the deal for Heather. Move on, girl. It's over. It doesn't even matter why anymore. 

• Love 7

OMG You guys are so funny....Alapaki with Twit's "oozing off of the couch".....spot on!  And Princelina about your BLT ;).  The jokes just write themselves. I don't mean to be disrespectful to other pig owners.  I needed a laugh this a.m. I'm a teacher and kids may walk out--but we have already had threats IF they are outside.  I have no words.

Coincidentally, I was heating up my Constant Comment tea and a co-worker smelled cloves, and then proceeded to tell me that she cooks  a ham in a crockpot with cloves and a chicken broth and it turns out very juicy. That will be on my Easter dinner menu this year.  And I will raise a glass of wine to Alastair's memory and Babs for loving him so much.  Not Twit. 

Did you all notice that when Babs went into the kitchen to cry alone that Twit followed her and called out, "Mom, Mom, Mom....." before Babs turned around and Twit smothered her in a hug, again with her lower lip shadowing Babs' head like an patio umbrella?  Give the woman fucking privacy to mourn, or warm up her coffee, or refill her wine glass, please.  Yuck, Twit would be horrible to have around. She sucks up all the oxygen (and everything else) in the room. 

Hunter was, um, unemotional?  Great acting there, Bro.  He's over this reality schnick, isn't he.  

Twit shoveling barefoot.  Damn that plantar facsiitis!!!! 

I really love MY pets.  And would never cook them.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know Buddy is early in his recovery, but, he just STILL seems so into MIND GAMES. He's so full of:   I don't know, I can't think about it, I don't want to go there, I can't even consider,.......etc.

Add to that the "blow" and "get high" "jokes," and the 12-step chatter (sounds like he's reading right out of the NA manual), I am not certain he's really convinced that sobriety is really what he wants.

• Love 9

Is this the first we've seen of a side or back yard?  Pretty barren.  I have kind of been wondering who was doing the yardwork.

The blueberry bushes won't last long.  Both the one or more she stuck in the ground without improving the soil and the rest that never made it out of their pots.  Of course she doesn't know what she's doing.  She could have asked at the nursery.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, mybuddyspence said:

Wait, did the rehab center really tell him it was okay to drink? I must have missed that. 

There is no way any rehab center would tell him that. Buddy is one step away from relapse if he thinks he can drink. 

I'm confused about something. Buddy is in rehab, yet gets to leave to go to Hawaii, then back to rehab. Then gets to leave to go to Charleston, then back to rehab. That's not how it works, folks. You don't just take breaks from rehab and go back when you feel like it. You are either seriously there for the entire program or you are not. Something is just not right with this whole thing. Unless he was already out of rehab when filming began and they are making it look like he was still there for storyline purposes. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Exactly. So we are treated to a ride-along of Twit and Babs driving Henchi home from the vet! Seriously? THIS is a film-worthy event?

Maybe TLC could fit Henchi with one of those collars with a little camera attached and we can follow his Big Fat Fabulous Life instead.

I'm not sure of the rules an adoption agency may have, but, I would think that Whit is not a proper candidate to adopt.

There are some pretty shady adoption agencies out there plus there are people who just put the children they adopted on "rehoming" websites so other people can take them with no formal process. Seriously.

https://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/months-after-the-rehoming-of-their-adopted-daughters-was-made-public-justin-and-marsha-harris-have-yet-to-face-consequences/Content?oid=3871740

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/online-adoption-rehoming-legal-loopholes-allow-children-to-be-given-away-1.2833796

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/10/news/nation/amateurs-broker-unwanted-adopted-children-online-without-intervention-by-child-welfare-authorities/

• Love 4

First off: High/drunk Buddy and sober Buddy are both jerks. He's a cold mutha-effer. I get that he's over Heather and its all about his sobriety. There was a shred of some sympathy for him, but it left me last night. In his mind he thinks he's cool, but he's a pathetic user who doesn't pay rent, or give two shits about the people he's hurt. I thought part of the process of sobriety is to apologize to the people he's hurt, and thus far, he's ghosted Heather, and bounced on paying Whitney any rent. Of course, one never knows what is the real truth in this show. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but some of his jokes, and comments were glib, and lacking in sensitivity. 

I grew up on a farm, and got really attached to many of the farm animals, but I never full on bawled my eyes out when we lost a pig or chicken. It was the 'circle of life' type of deal. Maybe I'm heartless, but I didn't fully understand the hysterics coming from Whitney. Being sad is one thing, but wailing like a banshee seemed overly dramatic in my opinion.  Furthermore, why didn't they call Babs directly as it was her pet in the first place? I smell a full blown BFFL set-up, and it is a smelly one. 

Speaking of smelly: having two unneutered male cats is asking for trouble. If the house was pissy before, now it must be vile now with the aroma cat urine. Both of them would be spraying their territory. Twit probably loves it and sniffs in the scent deeply, because 'the boys' are fightin' over her. 

The preview for next week had me yelling at the tee-vee:  "DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN, PLEASE DON'T LET TAL AND WHITNEY ADOPT A CHILD TOGETHER!!!!"  Holding someone else's child for 5 minutes does not make one mother material. 

Edited by Ravenna
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I'm torn on this myself. On the one hand, a beloved pet is a beloved pet. And that's a hard loss. So on the one hand I can totally sympathize (more with Babs than Twit but that's more because I like Babs better than I do Twit). On the other hand, I saw Twit's post on IG "RIP Piggy" and all the Nit-Whits' gushing comments. It made me want to gag. Though I did love the sprinkling of comments thanking her for spoiling the episode since it hadn't aired anywhere but on the east coast. They were typically attacked for making "her life!" about spoilers. I commented (I just couldn't resist) that if it were "her life" and she were so upset, why didn't she post her little RIP when the pig actually died (months ago) instead of now right after the episode aired. Twit's response to the first comment of "spoiler alert please" was that she waited until 9:00pm when the episode had aired. Don't you KNOW she was chomping at the bit to post something that would garner sympathy and oooooo's and ahhhhh's from the Nit Whits! It was a PIG that your mother chose and loved and then you forced her into re-homing to a farm. From what was said, it sounds likely that the infection Piggy contracted was FROM the farm. So yeah, part of me gets it and part of me is get over it.

14 hours ago, WillowG said:

Watch me find a new vet when they have someone whose name tag says receptionist tell me about my pets heart condition.  Horrendous room for errors there.

I'm willing to believe that part was pure scripted and pre-arranged for televisual impact. Get the cameras in and out of our vet office as quickly as possible, no, we're not going bring you and your mom and your entourage back into a room and disrupt the entire operation of our practice like that. 

• Love 10

Buddy's IG page states he's been sober for 8 months, but he's already has a new girlfriend *insert confused face* Wasn't Buddy's lament that he's waiting  to be sober for a full year or so before getting into a romantic relationship again?  Becuz according to Bud:  all dems women waz triggin' him to snort n' get dronks. 

PS. Since he's saved over $13k, he's able to pay back some of the rent to Twit. Eh, Buddy boy?

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 10.03.25 AM.png

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I understand how people get attached to their pets but in this case I'm sort-of with you in that this is a pig we're talking about, not a cat or a dog.  Pork is probably one of the favorite meats among human beings on the planet, so it's hard for me to get upset about this pig and not the trillions of others that have been raised for slaughter.  He was a lucky pig that he had such a good life for so long, especially considering how easily he could have easily ended up on someone's dinner plate.

On 3/13/2018 at 1:02 AM, Dot said:

Buddy, Bubba & Sonny are pretty common nicknames in the South for men. Some carry it into adulthood, some don't.

My Dad's best friend went by the name Buddy and this was in the northeast.  I think it might have been more popular in an earlier generation.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I understand how people get attached to their pets but in this case I'm sort-of with you in that this is a pig we're talking about, not a cat or a dog.  Pork is probably one of the favorite meats among human beings on the planet, so it's hard for me to get upset about this pig and not the trillions of others that have been raised for slaughter.

Amen. I get that Babs and Whitney liked their pet pig, but don't tell me those bitches stopped eating bacon and pork because they got that pig. (Not hating on pork eaters, I am one, bacon is a GodFood). 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Amen. I get that Babs and Whitney liked their pet pig, but don't tell me those bitches stopped eating bacon and pork because they got that pig. (Not hating on pork eaters, I am one, bacon is a GodFood). 

Whitney sure as hell didn't stop because she was going to be Jewish.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Brooks said:

Is this the first we've seen of a side or back yard?  Pretty barren.  I have kind of been wondering who was doing the yardwork.

The blueberry bushes won't last long.  Both the one or more she stuck in the ground without improving the soil and the rest that never made it out of their pots.  Of course she doesn't know what she's doing.  She could have asked at the nursery.

Oh yeah, you know those plants didn't last a week. Because watering them is soooooooooooo hard, makes her feet hurt, interferes with her dance career, blah, blah, blah.

5 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Wait. Wait. Let me get this straight: Buddy got not one but TWO women to sleep with him?!

I'm sure he can be available, Jennylauren. Wink, wink. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ravenna said:

Buddy's IG page states he's been sober for 8 months, but he's already has a new girlfriend *insert confused face* Wasn't Buddy's lament that he's waiting  to be sober for a full year or so before getting into a romantic relationship again?  Becuz according to Bud:  all dems women waz triggin' him to snort n' get dronks. 

PS. Since he's saved over $13k, he's able to pay back some of the rent to Twit. Eh, Buddy boy?

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 10.03.25 AM.png

Wow, he's saved 13K? No shit he should be paying back Whitney and Mom and Dad. Hopefully he has, or is in the process of doing that. Does anyone know if he has a job yet? 

• Love 1

Whitney sure as hell didn't stop because she was going to be Jewish.

Not defending her but one of the first thing she mentioned about how "easy" it would be to convert was that she would be eating turkey bacon. Yeah, a real deep thinker  with very serious convictions because bacon was one of the few details she mentioned.

• Love 7

I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.  

1.  Is it true that this episode only aired in the Northeast last night and if so, why?  I didn't catch the reason.

2. Forgive me, I'm a city person so I don't understand how someone can keep a pig as a pet.  Wouldn't they poop and pee in the house or can they be house trained?  Aren't there good reasons not to keep farm animals in a residential situation from both a human and animal perspective?
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ravenna said:

31 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

Wow, he's saved 13K? No shit he should be paying back Whitney and Mom and Dad. Hopefully he has, or is in the process of doing that. Does anyone know if he has a job yet? 

I think what that meant was the he would have spent 13k on drugs if he was still using. So in essence, he saved it but not really. There's no way Buddy could save that much in 8 mos. He doesn't strike me as a saving kind of guy. 

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.  

1.  Is it true that this episode only aired in the Northeast last night and if so, why?  I didn't catch the reason.

2. Forgive me, I'm a city person so I don't understand how someone can keep a pig as a pet.  Wouldn't they poop and pee in the house or can they be house trained?  Aren't there good reasons not to keep farm animals in a residential situation from both a human and animal perspective?

Pigs are very smart  so they can be house  trained. They also are clean the reason they like to roll  in the mud is  to keep cool.  Pigs cannot  sweat . 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, mybuddyspence said:

I'm retracting the kudos I gave Twit for placing Piggy at this farm. I understood her to say it was a rescue farm; such a farm would have been experts in integrating a new animal into the herd.

Twit obviously lied to me & you & especially Babs. The farm is obvously just a plain ol' farm with a swine herd with its typical diseases. Placing an animal there, raised as Piggy was, with no immunity to those diseases -- well, it was a placement in a death camp, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, PityFree said:

Also one reason I cannot stand the name Buddy is because every time I hear it I get an earworm of the song from the commercial for a doll from the 90s (I think) that was targeted toward little boys called My Buddy. 

And because you infected me with the Buddy song, I have to share with the rest of the group...YOU ARE ALL VERY WELCOME.  

• Love 9

The Heather/Buddy thing LORT.  Heather doesn't seem to realize that Buddy wasn't as in as she was and damnit if he's just not that into you.  I feel for her, but he's never going to give you a straight answer as to why he left, you're never going to get the closure you want, etc.  Once you stop obsessing over it, you'll realize it's for the best.  Also, stop fueling Whitney.  She can barely contain her delight at all this drama.  

Hey Buddy, don't stress about moving, and don't think about how you're not financially stable, and DEFINITELY don't think about how you don't have a job, but yeah, good luck in Charleston.  What an ass she is. 

The Snooki hair in the talking heads is atrocious.  It's getting bigger.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Is it true that this episode only aired in the Northeast last night and if so, why?  I didn't catch the reason.

I'm in the Midwest and it aired here, why would it not air nationwide?

Buddy's Next Move recap! Whitney is at her parents' house, taking up an entire wrought-iron loveseat while wearing a Wonder Woman tank top (the resemblance with Gal Gadot is truly uncanny, right?) and talking about how excited they are to visit the pig and blah blah. Buddy meets up with a rehab friend who claims that Buddy "lights up a room," and I wonder WTF kind of boring-ass people Rehab Guy hangs with normally. Buddy is nervous about moving to Charleston but he doesn't want to "accidentally relapse," whatever that means. Rehab Guy is acting like fuckin' Yoda for some reason, like "if you're only a few months sober it's hard," like YOU MET BUDDY IN REHAB. This is the blind leading the blind, only the first blind person thinks he can see. Meanwhile Whitney and Babs are driving and Babs tells her to stay out of Heather's relationship, but Whitney is too accustomed to meddling and refuses to hear of it. They go pick up Henchi at the vet and are told Henchi has a heart murmur and Whitney looks over-the-top devastated, considering her heart health is probably worse than the cat's and it doesn't stop her from shoveling shit down her gullet on the daily. Whitney claims she cannot handle hearing about her cat's mortality. Whatever, you stupid ass, you know cats have shorter lifespans than humans, right? Babs and Whitney fawn over Henchi in the car and I'm sorry, but this is so fucking pathetic. It's a CAT. They're treating its every meow like Jesus Christ has beamed back to Earth and is farting the melody to "Ave Maria."

Heather and Whitney are going through Heather's "Buddy Box" of sentimental shit that she kept. It's a bunch of receipts and cards and assorted crap and I can honestly say I have NEVER kept a box of shit for my former relationships because I am not a hoarder. Whitney of course shows off her box (insert obvious joke here) which includes a receipt for condoms from the day she lost her virginity. There are truly no words. Heather burns her Buddy Box and hopefully this means we won't have to hear about this crap any more. If I hear this grown woman with children go on about "needing closure" from a recovering drug addict one more time, I will walk up to my wall-mounted television and SLAP IT. Later, Whitney calls Buddy and they have a totally spontaneous conversation about halfway houses with the cameras already set up to record it. Whitney needs to "get used to the idea" that her friends might have lives that don't fucking include her. Speaking of which, Whitney inserts herself once again to tell Buddy that he needs to make this closure with Heather happen. Whitney chews on her pinky finger because there is no food within arm reach and tells Buddy that she "hasn't given up on" him and Heather being together. HOW IS THAT BUDDY'S PROBLEM, you c-word?! 

Whitney's parents come over and Whitney proudly announces that she named her cat "Steve Purrwin" and plasters on her Joker smile like she cannot believe how clever she is. I swear to god I've heard that name several times before. Glenn is annoyed that his fat single daughter is hoarding cats that don't even appear to get along. Join the club. Cut to Whitney digging a hole in her yard, already exhausted on only the second scoop, to plant berry bushes. "I'm DYING!!!" Whitney says. The hole is LITERALLY TWO INCHES DEEP BY 8 INCHES ROUND. I can actually not believe how out of shape Whitney is considering she "dances" "regularly." Buddy takes over shoveling while Whitney sweats and gasps for breath on the sidelines while badgering Buddy to pay his back rent. "I don't want to stress you out, if you only pay me $5 a month that's okay." Saint Whitney, we are truly not worthy of your generosity. You are...let me type this without sobbing from gratitude...willing to accept a check in the mail for only five dollars on the first of each month for the next 1000 months until Buddy's rent is paid off. My god. Someone nominate this woman for a Nobel Prize. As if badgering Buddy about the rent wasn't enough, she also badgers him to talk to Heather, yet again, and I thought last episode Heather sent the "last text" and was done with this, but it truly never ends, folks.

Whitney throws a game night and Ashley brings her baby and god help us all, Whitney wants to adopt a baby of her own. Then the game features Whitney's braying hysterical laughter and this whole scene would be my Hell in "American Horror Story: Coven." Whitney climbs on top of Buddy and straddles him and he seems to be struggling under her massive weight. Mercifully we move on to later, when Whitney answers the phone to discover that the pig has died at the farm. Her face when she hears this news is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Her "sad face" is so over the top. She looks like someone who has been killed by Samara in "The Ring." Whitney is sobbing and all I can think is how enormous her gut is. I have almost no sympathy for this situation because I honestly didn't think this idiot should have supported her mother getting a pet pig in the first place. Whitney sobbingly tells the camera crew to follow her to her mom's house to break the sad news to Babs, because breaking sad news is Whitney's favorite pastime. She dramatically whispers "Piggy's dead" and she sounds and looks for all the world like a 3-year-old (see the visual aid below). The whole effect is so ridiculous because Whitney is acting like she wants Babs to comfort HER. Now they're both crying and Whitney's pouting so far out that if I were there I would be laughing about it. Those exaggerated sad faces both disgust me and crack me up at the same time. Babs' sad face is much more normal which makes me think 1) Whitney either gets her sad face from Glenn, or 2) Whitney is fuckin' faking it.

29214044_10107981522741327_4279308111526756352_n.jpg

• Love 19