Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Air Force Two

Liv's mother is a complete bitch, but she was right.

Mellie knows what Cyrus and Jake are, but she only remembers when it suits her.  What was Mellie planning on asking Liv if she had actually been able to talk to her?

Huck, Charlie and Abby were funny.

Not surprised Cyrus was behind everything.

• Love 2

So obvious that Cyrus was behind it. He was pissed that he couldn't do his funny speech. Instead he got to deliver a heroic and patriotic speech that would be seen by more people.

• Love 2

I mean I’m the context of the show, yeah it was clearly Cyrus. But in the context of life and reality, this is like the next major thing Cyrus has done  in his quest for the presidency and it’s a little baffling. Almost as baffling as how he got all those men to fall in love with him, he isn’t charming or anything like that and men are always falling at his feet.

The only thing that made me laugh, the guys deciding to look up David’s Cc purchases for Abby and when Cyrus and David were talking and David was like “but why would Jake kill me? We’ve always gotten along fine” and Cyrus was like “obviously YOU don’t matter” I burst out laughing.

• Love 3

Any time Maya is on the show I know I’m going to be irritated. Yes, she’s good at telling Liv off, but she’s a cold hearted murderer on a grander scale than most of the cast. She needs to be in a B613 hole not Paris.

I am confused so I am hoping I can get some help!  Yes it did look like Cyrus did it but wasn't he cutting it a little close with those B15's or whatever those jets were?  Air Force Two  supposedly came within seconds of being blown out of the sky so was the presidency really worth risking death for?   And what was the point of Olivia's mother being in the show?  Just to remind us that no matter how evil she is she still loves Olivia?  I got the impression from some of what she said that she was hinting she was responsible for the hacking of the plane. At least she appeared to be hinting that and as soon as she did Olivia left.  Will be interesting to see what they come up with for the remaining episodes. 

As soon as Cyrus started his speech, I called that he was behind it.  And the chick doing the video was also in on it.

I hate anytime Liv’s parents are on the show.  They add nothing to the story and over-act all their scenes.  I would have liked if Olivia sent her mom the coat with a bottle of French Champagne and a note that said, “this is as close to Paris as you are ever going to get.  You are a toxic person who just happened to give birth to me and I am done with you.”

The only part of the episode I liked at all was the ending scene between David and Abby.  It was cute.

Olivia?!? What are you thinking?!?!? Why would you let Cyrus know you know he was behind the hijacking.  Girl, you are dumb!

I give Kerry Washington’s lip curl a 5/10 for this episode.  Not nearly as bad as last week.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The only thing that made me laugh, the guys deciding to look up David’s Cc purchases for Abby and when Cyrus and David were talking and David was like “but why would Jake kill me? We’ve always gotten along fine” and Cyrus was like “obviously YOU don’t matter” I burst out laughing.

I think it's hilarious that David seems to forget he hangs with a bunch of murderers, and I guess he doesn't understand about collateral damage.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

So obvious that Cyrus was behind it. He was pissed that he couldn't do his funny speech. Instead he got to deliver a heroic and patriotic speech that would be seen by more people.

Yeah, it was obvious. It's exactly the sort of thing he would do, and the thing is, these people know that. Or SHOULD know that. Positioning Olivia as the only person who could figure it out is silly.

I love both Khandi Alexander and Joe Morton. I don't care that they overact on this show - the dialogue Shonda gives them is often ridiculous ("I WANT MY BOOOOONES!") so I think they have as much fun with it as they can. Khandi Alexander is so beautiful. Actually, from a looks standpoint, casting them as Kerry Washington's parents makes a ton of sense.

• Love 5
(edited)

Can everyone die on the final episode besides David?  Then make him King of the USA?

Unless the USA in Shondaland is a fictional parallel universe, or this show is set maybe 25 years from now, Cyrus is nuts to think a gay man/woman can get elected in this current social environment.  And I'm not happy about it, but he's wasting his time thinking of running.  Therefore, he's obviously planning on killing or impeaching Mellie.

And the chick doing the video was also in on it.

Oh you mean the chick that just washed up dead on the shores of the Potomac??

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

How did Cyrus manage this, by the way?  Who does Cyrus have behind the scenes to pull off a feat like this? It would be kind of fun if he and Jake were in cahoots to take down Mellie.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Can everyone die on the final episode besides David?  Then make him King of the USA?

Unless the USA in Shondaland is a fictional parallel universe, or this show is set maybe 25 years from now, Cyrus is nuts to think a gay man/woman can get elected in this current social environment.  And I'm not happy about it, but he's wasting his time thinking of running.  Therefore, he's obviously planning on killing or impeaching Mellie.

This is a show where not one but two republican presidents care about things like free college, Black Lives Matter, healthcare for all, and gay rights. Its also a show where President Obama was never elected, yet the Tea Party exists for some reason. Definitely in a parell universe! 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I think it's hilarious that David seems to forget he hangs with a bunch of murderers, and I guess he doesn't understand about collateral damage.

I laughed out loud when he said something like "but Jake and I are OK." Yeah, except for that one time when he shot James in front of me and then held a gun to my head! 

• Love 8

How does Olivia have any power to free her mom anyway? Her mom is a terrorist. You’d think the government would have a little say in freeing a deadly, internationally known traitor?

I’m still not buying Olivia’s redemption.

16 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Therefore, he's obviously planning on killing or impeaching Mellie.

He said so himself.  He said 3 years was too long to wait.

16 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Did they show this?  I must have gone back to my Spider Solitaire and missed it.

6 hours ago, deaja said:

How does Olivia have any power to free her mom anyway? Her mom is a terrorist. You’d think the government would have a little say in freeing a deadly, internationally known traitor?

That's my question too.  How the heck did she get the authority to free her mother and set her up with all the money she'll ever need?

Both Liv and Cyrus seem to have access to a private intelligence service, military and treasury. Liv also imprisons and frees her parents at will, like a three-year-old awake and fantasizing during nap time. 

• Love 7

I got the impression from some of what she said that she was hinting she was responsible for the hacking of the plane. At least she appeared to be hinting that and as soon as she did Olivia left.

Maybe she and Cyrus were working together. Nothing on this show surprises me anymore. I just hope that was the last we'll see of her. As far as I'm concerned, her shtick is almost as tiresome as Eli's and she's just as vile.

• Love 1

Once Cyrus accused Jake of being behind it, I knew he was to blame (and considered perhaps his ex-bf Hank Schrader was helping him because what purpose did Dean Norris serve besides guest star credits??). I don’t remember ever rooting so hard for a character to die on a show (with the exception of GOT). Cyrus needs to go. I would have been sad for David to be collateral damage but that was a risk I was willing to take to be rid of Cyrus Beene. Was he ever a good guy or was he always this awful? ughhhhh. 

I remember reading that Kerry Washington will rehearse in her Olivia heels because it puts her into the character. I have come to dread seeing her walking solo down a hallway. It is just so overly exaggerated. No one walks like that. Stop.

I’m sticking with this show to the end because 1) I’m a complete-ist. 2) I guess I kinda like torturing myself. But if it ends with Cyrus’s death... it might just be worth it. 

Edited by UGAmp
  • Love 8

If Cyrus' scheme had backfired, and he ended up dead that would be perfect.  It would be horrible for all the other people on the plane, but I am so tired of seeing all these despicable people get a free pass.  If I didn't know this was the last season, I probably wouldn't still be watching.

I don't understand Mellie at all.  She knows what Cyrus and Jake are.  She knows the things they've done.  She got rid of Liv because of Rashid (whose death Jake played a part in).  Mellie knows Cyrus sold her out to Liv, and Liv didn't use the info.  Mellie herself is no saint, but she still gets all judgmental and "What did you do?" with the killers that work for her.  {face palm}

• Love 3

Like everybody here, I wasn't surprised about the revelation of Cyrus being behind the hacking. Once he got up to make some heroic speech, I knew he had to be behind it, because the last thing Cyrus is, is a self sacrificing patriot. He only cares about himself and his own personal power. Granted, that is why I like him as a character, because he will do anything to get ahead (but so will most of these characters). Unless the show is setting up some sort of Darkest Timeline ending where Cyrus is president, the only real option for him is to be killed by the end.  I have a feeling that the finale will be a pileup of bodies. 

I honestly don't understand the point of the Olivia/Mother scenes. It didn't add anything to the episode, so they are either setting up some end of the show twist, or they are just tying up loose ends before the series finale. But I don't care either way. 

• Love 4

Did they show this?  I must have gone back to my Spider Solitaire and missed it.

I was just being snarky, although this may be on the show this week!

I remember reading that Kerry Washington will rehearse in her Olivia heels because it puts her into the character. I have come to dread seeing her walking solo down a hallway. It is just so overly exaggerated. No one walks like that. Stop.

Ha! Girl, you've never watched America's Next Top Model!  Google "pony walk"

• Love 1

Resident unrepentant Cyrus fan checking in here. At first I was enjoying the episode because it was nice to see him filling the take-charge-in-a-disaster role for once, then presently switched over to enjoying it because he was setting up another one of his convoluted schemes. I'll take what I can get.

On 3/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, TigerLynx said:

I don't understand Mellie at all.  She knows what Cyrus and Jake are.  She knows the things they've done.  She got rid of Liv because of Rashid (whose death Jake played a part in).  Mellie knows Cyrus sold her out to Liv, and Liv didn't use the info.

...she does know that, right? Right??? Because I was assuming going into this episode that she did, and that that was why she was giving Cyrus shit assignments near the beginning, but then she didn't refer to it at all when discussing the situation with Jake privately; instead, she made it all about how Jake had a vendetta against him.

I can't decide which would make her dumber: if she doesn't realize what he did after how the sequence of events with Olivia went down, or if she realizes but keeps trusting him anyway.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:16 PM, ForeverAlone said:

Like everybody here, I wasn't surprised about the revelation of Cyrus being behind the hacking. Once he got up to make some heroic speech, I knew he had to be behind it, because the last thing Cyrus is, is a self sacrificing patriot. He only cares about himself and his own personal power. Granted, that is why I like him as a character, because he will do anything to get ahead (but so will most of these characters). Unless the show is setting up some sort of Darkest Timeline ending where Cyrus is president, the only real option for him is to be killed by the end.  I have a feeling that the finale will be a pileup of bodies.

I also like him for the remorseless sociopath he generally is. These people are all psychos and murderers, at least he's a crafty magnificent bastard about it. I'd cheer if he came out on top in the end, but yeah, more likely he ends up being the big bad to be defeated in the finale.

Edited by Emma9
  • Love 2
On 3/10/2018 at 6:09 PM, UGAmp said:

I’m sticking with this show to the end because 1) I’m a complete-ist. 2) I guess I kinda like torturing myself. But if it ends with Cyrus’s death... it might just be worth it. 

Me too! Olivia's bopping, bouncy walk is ridiculous. 

On 3/11/2018 at 12:40 PM, TigerLynx said:

If Cyrus' scheme had backfired, and he ended up dead that would be perfect.  It would be horrible for all the other people on the plane, but I am so tired of seeing all these despicable people get a free pass.  If I didn't know this was the last season, I probably wouldn't still be watching.

I watched this show when it first started and loved it.  Then when it derailed a few seasons ago, I stopped watching. I only tuned back into this season because it is the last and want to see how things wrap up. Honestly though... I FWD through a lot of the scenes. 

• Love 1