Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Amazing Grace

• Start Topic

I really enjoyed this one. Yes, the cheesiness was a bit more overt than usual but it worked though.

I thought the actor they got for Elvis was actually pretty decent and I liked Amaya's gentle scepticism to counter Nate's usual fanboying as well. 

Wally already works with this group of people and I really liked his scenes with Zari this week as well.

Sara, Mick and Ray attending a funeral for Axel the rat. I didn't expect that but I really loved that scene.

Having a Death totem makes sense but it's creepy concept nonetheless, 8/10

10 hours ago, Proteus said:

Do you guys live in NY? The CW hasn't worked in NY for years.

Nope. I live in MD. And it's only this season that this has been happening for me. I forgot to tune in to Flash in time to watch live, to see if that's the issue, so I watched from my recording. Same thing. UGH.

2 hours ago, benteen said:

That was a really fun episode and the show really knows how to pull off these batshit crazy ideas.  I agree the actor looked nothing like Elvis (if it wasn't for the show listing it was in Memphis 1950 I wouldn't have been able to guess who he was playing) but the actor was certainly likeable enough.  Wally's addition to the team is already working out well.

I was going to mention that Timeless is going to do a Robert Johnson episode this season but was beaten to it.  It's fun to note how both Legends and Timeless have covered the same ground, in much different ways.

Well Robert Johnson was the Death totem bearer before Elvis, we just didn't see it. 

On 3/14/2018 at 8:52 AM, Sakura12 said:

Well Robert Johnson was the Death totem bearer before Elvis, we just didn't see it. 

Unless the Darkhs snuck into Memphis and planted the totem for Elvis to screw with history. That's my understanding of what happened, although now that I think back on it I'm not sure if that was stated in the show or just something I assumed happened. Anyone with a better memory than me able to clarify?

I thought that's what happened too. Based on the ending of the episode and the promo: the entire point might have been for the Legends to obtain it.

Think about it: if the Death Totem caused one of the Legends to obliterate the others, Dhark and co. might think it's just a matter then of coming in and cleaning up. The Legends don't know how to work the Fire Totem and it's broken in any case; Amaya doesn't have hers. They're probably banking on Zari being no match for Death Totem + Dhark magic + a Mallused-up Nora.

Edited by Miss Dee

I remember Nate suggesting it was the Darkh's, but we never actually saw anything with them. So I can't go with something I didn't see on screen. Maybe next week we'll get more info on how the death totem ended up in Memphis. 

• Love 1

I loved the funeral for Axel and memorial for him at the end. Plus him being a ghost. Only on Legends. I just love this show.

I loved the team waiting for Sara to give a better motivational comment before going on their mission.

Wally/Zari had good scenes.

Sara trying to play with Nates hair at the end was cute.

I just love this cast & their chemistry together.

• Love 4
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎13 at 12:43 PM, Sakura12 said:
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎13 at 10:13 AM, scarynikki12 said:

If you're going to make a reference to future episodes, tag them as spoilers. 

Even if it was in the preview? 

Yes. I, for one, don't ever watch the preview because I don't want to know a single thing that's coming in future episodes. I wouldn't be surprised that many people feel the same.

Finally watched the episode, Monday's is a tough night to watch t.v.  Anyway, I was bored, not sure why,  my mom likes Elvis maybe she should watch this episode.

I really enjoy Wally.  He brings a smile to my face, he is just so happy.  I especially love that tonight alot of his scenes were with Zari, since she is my fav.  How adorable was Wally dancing.

I still can't believe I like Ray as much as I do now, I really thought I would never type that sentence.

That's all I got. Hopefully the next episode is more exciting. 

I actually didn't like this episode too much. It was stupid, but without the usual Legends charm. The plot with Mick and the rat was dumb, the actors seemed a little tired, the writing was weird, etc. It didn't really pick up until the last quarter with the team/Elvis vs the ghosts. The biggest standout was Wally/Zari. Really love their dynamic, and Wally is slowly coming along well into the show's foundation. 

On 3/12/2018 at 7:44 PM, Lilacly said:

This epsiode was the hardest to take seriously. Elvis didn't write his own songs, he just performed the bought songs of aspiring black musicians.

On 3/12/2018 at 9:24 PM, doram said:

Yeah, not surprised that they creatively omitted that. 

"Bought" is being very generous.  "Stole" is closer to the truth.  Most of the black musicians were paid paltry amounts, if anything.  But that doesn't fit with the "Elvis is the Hero of Rock and Roll".

On 3/12/2018 at 8:47 PM, Maelstrom said:

And we finally got to see the chore wheel we’ve heard so much about! It does seem needlessly complicated

There's no way Ray would have designed that wheel.  One of the tasks on both the outer wheel and one of the inner wheels was "clean the air ducts".

5ab011e3c2f03_choreswheel.thumb.jpg.c1f391bebd316359358fd95b0a8e84c5.jpg

On 3/13/2018 at 11:08 AM, Goldmoon said:

Let me just say that one does not dance to "Amazing Grace."  Tacky, Nate.

Add me to the "uh, no" side.

On 3/17/2018 at 1:35 AM, Daltrey said:

Yes. I, for one, don't ever watch the preview because I don't want to know a single thing that's coming in future episodes. I wouldn't be surprised that many people feel the same.

Ditto.  Some shows on the Previously forums allow preview talk, others don't.  There's nothing in the Notes from the Mods thread.

18 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Review of "Amazing Grace" by Mikey Heinrich at Doux Reviews.

If you don't already check out these reviews, you should - they're remarkably in-depth, funny, and insightful. The reviewer is a true fan.

I read their Gotham review regularly.

• Love 2
On 3/19/2018 at 12:46 PM, Sakura12 said:

I thought anything that aired on tv was fair game for discussion. 

I wrote to @scarynikki12 and she said the mods are discussing it.

For now, I would appreciate it if everyone played safe and marked previews as spoilers.  That way, it's up to each person to look or not.

• Love 1
On 3/19/2018 at 3:40 PM, jhlipton said:
On 3/12/2018 at 11:47 PM, Maelstrom said:

And we finally got to see the chore wheel we’ve heard so much about! It does seem needlessly complicated

There's no way Ray would have designed that wheel.  One of the tasks on both the outer wheel and one of the inner wheels was "clean the air ducts".

Good catch. I don't even understand how it's supposed to work. The way it's aligned now, is Rory supposed to tune up the gym and med bay? And shouldn't his name read "Mick"? (I think that's what Ray calls him.) And changing the wheel must be the most annoying part of crew coming and going. Removing Martin and Jefferson requires changing the size of the segments on at least the center wheel, too. Adding Wally means redoing it again.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Good catch. I don't even understand how it's supposed to work. The way it's aligned now, is Rory supposed to tune up the gym and med bay? And shouldn't his name read "Mick"? (I think that's what Ray calls him.) And changing the wheel must be the most annoying part of crew coming and going. Removing Martin and Jefferson requires changing the size of the segments on at least the center wheel, too. Adding Wally means redoing it again.

..and.... you've given it far more thought than whoever the prop master was who designed it.

• Love 3
On 3/19/2018 at 3:40 PM, jhlipton said:

"Bought" is being very generous.  "Stole" is closer to the truth.  Most of the black musicians were paid paltry amounts, if anything.  But that doesn't fit with the "Elvis is the Hero of Rock and Roll".

I was definitely trying to be very generous and careful with my words. 

• Love 1