Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada Season 6

4 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Well, Kevin was part of the HoH comp, so it's no surprise he stayed for the taping.  Are Neda and Jon still together?

And congrats to Erica for having a supportive girlfriend.  (And the "gorgeous" part doesn't hurt, either, I'm sure.)  I wonder if she knew Shay was at the taping, somehow?  This is the first time she's given a shoutout while voting, after all.

I saw her last week - not sure if she was there last night. 

Ika and Sabrina didn't stay for the taping, just Kevin.  And yes, Neda and Jon are together again.

I'm enjoying watching the show this season, but I've lost my desire to follow the feeds and the forums. It looks like I'm not the only one.

I did want to mention that I love the idea of sponsored Veto competitions because it makes the people who don't want to play eager to win. It really screws up the game for the floaters.

On 4/8/2018 at 10:21 AM, dolphincorn said:

I'm enjoying watching the show this season, but I've lost my desire to follow the feeds and the forums. It looks like I'm not the only one.

I did want to mention that I love the idea of sponsored Veto competitions because it makes the people who don't want to play eager to win. It really screws up the game for the floaters.

Yes, it's more sponsor heavy this year isn't it?   My daughter still follows the feeds, so she lets me know what's really happening. But I'm sad about the forums. Have you noticed there's been no talk about the jury? Remember how Arisa said multiple times how big a part Canada would play?   What if there is no jury and Canada decides?

Geez, is nobody going to even consider taking a shot a Paras?  She was just as involved in the "get the duos!" plan as Will/Johnny/Maddy, but a few words about "The Real Deal" (which even she and Derek admit is no longer a thing) and she's the only one from that side of the house that Kaela doesn't even mess with.  It's driving me crazy.

And why is Maddy all "I have to save YOU!!" about Paras and not a sliver of that devotion to Johnny, who actually did keep her safe during the double-eviction?  (Not to mention that she still can't legitimately try to build a bridge to Erica, despite Johnny's obvious interest in this and Erica's using the Veto on Maddy.)  I really can't wait for Paras to go, but I may have to.  Grrrr.

For a guy who's been getting by on his social game, Will really flipped out because somebody said he might have been suggesting a target.  Easy, Chief.  I hope Parker has a better hold on his temper than his dad does.

Olivia is such a little brat with her "I wish Kaela would shut it so I could eat" DR.  Loving her more and more. :)  Not quite at Erica-levels yet, but still.

Speaking of Erica…nobody really was.  She completely vanished from the episode after the HoH comp.  I mean, I'm glad she's apparently off the radar (despite being the obvious comp beast of this group), but it was surprising we never heard from her at all, much less had her name come up.

Maybe Kaela wants to backdoor Erica as a "big move"?  I hope not.  And, amazingly, after all her talk, it looks as though she's legitimately going after Ryan.  Weak sauce, Wine Girl.  That's the BB version of Two-Buck Chuck, IMO.

(Even without targeting Paras, just because I'm tired of her, I liked the original "use Johnny to lose Will" plan so much better.  Man, when Derek is the strategist of your pair…)

10 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Geez, is nobody going to even consider taking a shot a Paras?  She was just as involved in the "get the duos!" plan as Will/Johnny/Maddy, but a few words about "The Real Deal" (which even she and Derek admit is no longer a thing) and she's the only one from that side of the house that Kaela doesn't even mess with.  It's driving me crazy.

And why is Maddy all "I have to save YOU!!" about Paras and not a sliver of that devotion to Johnny, who actually did keep her safe during the double-eviction?  (Not to mention that she still can't legitimately try to build a bridge to Erica, despite Johnny's obvious interest in this and Erica's using the Veto on Maddy.)  I really can't wait for Paras to go, but I may have to.  Grrrr.

For a guy who's been getting by on his social game, Will really flipped out because somebody said he might have been suggesting a target.  Easy, Chief.  I hope Parker has a better hold on his temper than his dad does.

Olivia is such a little brat with her "I wish Kaela would shut it so I could eat" DR.  Loving her more and more. :)  Not quite at Erica-levels yet, but still.

Speaking of Erica…nobody really was.  She completely vanished from the episode after the HoH comp.  I mean, I'm glad she's apparently off the radar (despite being the obvious comp beast of this group), but it was surprising we never heard from her at all, much less had her name come up.

Maybe Kaela wants to backdoor Erica as a "big move"?  I hope not.  And, amazingly, after all her talk, it looks as though she's legitimately going after Ryan.  Weak sauce, Wine Girl.  That's the BB version of Two-Buck Chuck, IMO.

(Even without targeting Paras, just because I'm tired of her, I liked the original "use Johnny to lose Will" plan so much better.  Man, when Derek is the strategist of your pair…)

That's my big fear - Erica's going to get back doored. Will has the votes to stay. Is Canada going to use the save if it's still Ryan? I would hope he would go and then maybe Erica could get saved by Canada next week if need be. Guess we'll know more  tomorrow night.

I just voted to keep noms the same.  I can't stand Ryan, and I'm betting that most viewers feel the same.  He's supposed to be the BB superfan but is shocked and offended that so many people are lying?  Dude, please!

I am also really enjoying this season.  I love Ali and Olivia.  I don't necessarily want one of them to win, but they crack me up, much like Cassandra before them. 

• Love 1

Hahaha! I knew that Canada would vote to save Ryan. Not necessarily because he's liked, but because us fans love to screw with the houseguests. It's unfortunate that Erica became collateral damage but it was a great game move. The girl was a comp beast but lacked a bit in the social part of the game (or faking the social part) and that's what bit her in the ass.  I'm torn between thinking she's a sore loser and absolutely loving her exit. I mean, "Fuck you both!" and "I don't give a shit!" on live tv is classic!

• Love 2

Olivia is so much better without Ali, the bits when they are together are cringy.  Ali is one of quite a few I don't like, her outburst the other episode was pathetic.  Erica needed to keep the oddballs together, but when she was in power she got rid of Veronica for the others, that was no better than what Ryan did really.  Will is just a non-entity.

• Love 1

Well, that sucked.  That's some world-class bullshit.

I hate Canada.  Thanks for the stupid backdoor at the worst possible time.  You couldn't wait until next week, when at least the screw-job victim would be in Jury? (I mean, at least Erica gets to go home to her amazingly-hot girlfriend, but the idea she won't even get a vote? Bleccch.)

I hate Kaela.  Smirky air-headed bitch.  Do you really think Erica was more likely to go against you than Maddy, whom you were fucking told was definitely rallying troops against you last week? Whereas Erica just essentially had a double-HoH and didn't even nominate you or your useless meatshield, either time?

I hate (and have always hated, and always will hate) Paras-slime, for pouring poison in Kaela's empty head.  She's the only reason Maddy didn't land in that seat (because Maddy's social game is arguably inferior to Ryan's, ffs).  How Derek Dumbass thinks she's still with "The Real Deal" is beyond me, or would be if I didn't know he was a dumb-ass.  And I'll give her credit, she knows that controlling Derek is half the job of controlling Kaela.  But I still goddamn hate her.  And she's probably safe for at least the next three evictions.  Forgive while I vomit.

I hate Ali and Olivia for being weak.  I mean, I expected Parasite and Mad-Dog to turn on Erica, but E had Ali and Liv's backs when they were on the block and barely had a friend in the house (Daela were the ONLY votes to evict Olivia, she might remember), they can't return the favor?  Just because Kaela is stupid, that doesn't mean you have to be.  Newsflash, girls, Kaela's trying to "stir things up" was because she was pissed off that the people who voted to keep Ryan over Merron last week were insistent that "Daela" be the next target, rather than Ali/Liv.  When Kaela's going to that much trouble to try and make you the target, that's kind of a clue she doesn't exactly have your back, so why are you kissing her ass, exactly?  Weak, weak, weak.

I hate Arisa.  The questions themselves weren't too bad, but she's always so goddamn smile-y, like some sort of demented cheerleader.  When Julie Chen easily outdoes you on gravitas, you're just embarrassing yourself.  (To say nothing of working my last nerve, obviously.)

I hate the motherfucking producers.  This "start the HoH comp, but make them come back next episode to see how it ends" garbage is cheap "suspense" of the lamest kind.  JUST.FINISH.THE.COMP, already.

I hate myself, for getting invested in this stupid game, when it rewards me far too rarely.  (Rachel winning, BB17 with the asshole "campers" getting marched out the door and leaving the better alliance in total control, OTT for the Ballsmashers [and Morgan winning, although I would have chosen Shelby, but it was all good, eventually], and the occasional episodic joy like "Dan's Funeral" reducing Bitchney to tears as she folds like a tent, once more.  And Cody/Jessica winning TAR, but that's kind of OT.) Why do I do this to myself?  Thank god there's no After Dark to suck my time up even more this season.

In the immortal words of Joe Shultz, "Ah, shitfuck."  (And, occasionally, "fuckshit", for variety's sake.) Sigh.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I mean, "Fuck you both!" and "I don't give a shit!" on live tv is classic!

Obviously not "live" TV, or they wouldn't have bleeped the expletives.  Just another reason why the "TBC…" HoH comps are a bad joke; it's not as if there was time-pressue keeping them from completing the comp.

And, btw, how unfair was it that Erica didn't even get a commercial break's worth of time to campaign for herself when she was on the block?  One conversation would probably have flipped Ali/Liv and she'd still be there.  Grr…

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow...that's a lot of hate.  I like Arisa and I like Canada :)

Live shows are easily censored because of the delay so, yeah, swearing does happen on live tv.  Still, I think it's common knowledge that most of the "live" shows for BBCan are live-to-tape, recorded about an hour or so before it airs. So, yes, there is still time-pressure because the show still can't run over an hour, live or not.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

the show still can't run over an hour, live or not.

Of course not.  But they could make an honest effort at completing the HoH comp and, if it ran over, the hour's delay would be long enough to make the necessary trims, whether it was from the campaigning segment, Erica's questioning, or a redundant "you all got it right, next question" round in the HoH.  The "two questions and come back Monday, suckers!" format seems so contemptuous of the audience; it's one thing to ask us to hang on over the weekend when it's endurance or after the double eviction (which excuses the past two weeks), but to deprive us of the clean resolution of a "congratulations, Will*, you are the new Head of Household!" this week is just overkill, IMO.

*-yes, I made Will my example because Doofy Newfie is the only one guaranteed to not win this comp.  If he's been throwing stuff, he's doing a very dedicated job of it.   Seems to be working for him, I'll admit.  (And he got both a phone call and a video from his kid this week, so it's not as if he needs to win HoH any time soon.)

Erica got hosed. Or Neda'd. Production totally played to the casuals by having 2 episodes of the Ryan show to make them feel sorry for him. Oh Kaela's being so mean to poor Ryan, so let's let Canada save him! Barf. Erica had no time to campaign for herself. At least if you're backdoored without a twist, you get some time to rally the troops. 

I saw a poll that said No save got 12% of the votes cast, which I don't believe at all.  

Yes, I'm bitter. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

Production totally played to the casuals by having 2 episodes of the Ryan show to make them feel sorry for him. Oh Kaela's being so mean to poor Ryan, so let's let Canada save him! Barf.

What's so annoying is that even amidst that, you could see the backdoor coming (they teased it enough at the end of the Wednesday episode) and I really doubt Ryan was more popular than Erica.  But "Canada" didn't think, alas.

And I'm still salty about Ali and Liv being "loyal" to Kaela and thus failing to give Erica the votes she needed.  (And, as I say, would have had if she and Johnny would have had literally one minute alone with them, ffs…)  Do the "Ding-Dongs" think that Daela are more loyal to them than they are to Paras/Maddy? I can't see it, especially given how easily Paras [metaphorically] crawled into the HoH bed this week and snuggled up to the power.  You've got three duos there, and Daela are playing the Ding-Dongs against P/M very nicely, I'll allow.

Which makes the vote-out even stupider.  Because Will, big smile and incomprehensible accent aside, is a number for Paras/Maddy and always will be.  Whereas Erica would probably have stayed true to Ali/Liv, especially if they had saved her.  Plus that probably would have put Johnny in their corner, his protectiveness of Maddy aside.  Now Ali and Olivia really don't have anyone except each other.  What a freaking pair of ding-dongs…

On 4/13/2018 at 1:19 AM, Rachel RSL said:

Hahaha! I knew that Canada would vote to save Ryan. Not necessarily because he's liked, but because us fans love to screw with the houseguests. It's unfortunate that Erica became collateral damage but it was a great game move. The girl was a comp beast but lacked a bit in the social part of the game (or faking the social part) and that's what bit her in the ass.  I'm torn between thinking she's a sore loser and absolutely loving her exit. I mean, "Fuck you both!" and "I don't give a shit!" on live tv is classic!

Erica was a fun character to watch on the show. I don't like Ryan but it hilarious to see the rest of the house freak out over him getting the viewers support.

• Love 3

Production totally played to the casuals by having 2 episodes of the Ryan show to make them feel sorry for him. Oh Kaela's being so mean to poor Ryan, so let's let Canada save him! Barf.

I still don't get it.  I thought if Canada saved anybody it would be the personable young father who was falsely promised safety to speak with his kid, not whiney self-pitying Ryan. 

Edited by Newbietunes
  • Love 2

The casuals voted for Ryan because he got the poor Ryan edit for the last two episodes. I know it's production driven, but it would have been so much better to let him go, and then have all hell break loose with the triple.

Oh, so NOW Ali and Olivia want to break up Paras/Maddy/Will?  You Ding-Dongs!  You had your shot, with Will on the block and your being the key votes to evict and your having the perfect excuse ("we gave Erica our word after she saved us/didn't put us up") and you flubbed it!  Grrr…

(And again, I note that literally 30 seconds with Johnny or Erica would have had them voting the other way.  Or even if they'd had a chance to confer with each other in private, instead of Kaela putting them on the spot. No fair, show…why should Kaela get a chance to confer about her nominating decision, but Erica get no chance to rally votes?  Bullshit!)

It doesn't help that Will is such a fucking baby, going into tantrums about being nominated/having votes cast against him/people talking about him/whatever.  Hey, brat, that's all part of the game.  Grow up, already.

You know what I miss?  The opening credits, so we could see everybody's name (it would have helped me learn to tell Kaela from Maddy sooner; I'm still not 100% in cases like the basketball game until they actually say "Kaela").  Plus it's a nice way for the evictees to "live on" in the house.  It's not as though you can't find 30 seconds' worth of filler in any given episode.  Here we could have cut one of Johnny's (roughly) 9,000 "I need to keep lying/I need to come clean" DR sessions, for example.

Oh, and I still hate Parasite.  Every time I see her on my screen, I want to hit her in the face with several shovels.

(Derek won a mental comp??  Does not comp-ute…)

(edited)
On 4/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, Halting Hex said:

Of course not.  But they could make an honest effort at completing the HoH comp 

Completely agree with this! This seems to be the trend on BBUS lately too. I understand that some comps are endurance so they have to be "to be continued" but most of the comps, especially the ones that involve simply answering questions, can definitely be done by the end of the show if they time it properly. I don't know why they seem to think leaving us hanging is a good thing.  Are they under the impression that, if we know who won the HoH comp, we won't watch the next episode? It's so dumb. We're obviously all BB addicts and we're going to tune in regardless so just show us the entire damn comp!

On 4/15/2018 at 10:46 PM, Newbietunes said:

I thought if Canada saved anybody it would be the personable young father who was falsely promised safety to speak with his kid, not whiney self-pitying Ryan. 

You mean the typical annoying reality show famewhore parent who willfully leaves their kid behind to be on tv then whines about how much they miss them? I don't think that endears Will to anybody. Not to mention, he's really not that personable. He kind of seems like a sore loser.  Which reminds me, why is it that when Ryan immediately admitted to Will that he voted for him, Ryan was the DEVIL but when Johnny lied about it, then finally told Will the truth that he had voted for him too, Will was all "Whatever buddy, water under the bridge..." I'm not a huge Ryan fan but Will is just annoying af. And, sorry, I can't understand a single word he says. I'd like to see him gone sooner rather than later.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I don't know why they seem to think leaving us hanging is a good thing.  Are they under the impression that, if we know who won the HoH comp, we won't watch the next episode? It's so dumb. We're obviously all BB addicts and we're going to tune in regardless so just show us the entire damn comp!

I totally agree. It's so stupid. As a long time BB watcher I can't remember how many times I've said. once I find out who won HoH  I won't have to watch the next episode and then they leave us hanging so my plan is blown. How about never. Ryan's DRs  just crack me up. Every week  in a super serious tone " It's absolutely essential I win this HoH  or PoV. It's never been more important " Nothing's going to stop him. And then he's out first or second.

9 hours ago, Orillia said:

I totally agree. It's so stupid. As a long time BB watcher I can't remember how many times I've said. once I find out who won HoH  I won't have to watch the next episode and then they leave us hanging so my plan is blown. How about never. Ryan's DRs  just crack me up. Every week  in a super serious tone " It's absolutely essential I win this HoH  or PoV. It's never been more important " Nothing's going to stop him. And then he's out first or second.

The DRs of HGs are all scripted, same as the US version.

Maddy, Will, Paras for example have hardly been great in comps.  I suppose it's part of the BB social experiment that some are treated like dirt but I do think a more varied cast would help, too many young people who think they are part of some cool group.  I don't see that as interesting gameplay.

• Love 1
On 4/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, Evenshorter said:

The casuals voted for Ryan because he got the poor Ryan edit for the last two episodes. I know it's production driven, but it would have been so much better to let him go, and then have all hell break loose with the triple.

Kaela's smirkness and overall shit disturbing mean girl attitude and severe case of HOHitis I think maybe is one reason Canada voted to keep Ryan, more to stick it to her than to save him.  Hell, I was wanting him to stay just to bug her, and I can't stand Ryan!!

• Love 2

I'd like to know why everybody ended up voting Ryan out (happy as I am that they did).  Production really made it seem like the vote would split 3-3 with Derek breaking the tie in Ryan's favour.  And then, surprise...!  I hope they show some background to that decision on Monday's show, but probably not.

You know what I miss?  The opening credits, so we could see everybody's name (it would have helped me learn to tell Kaela from Maddy sooner;

It took me at least 3 weeks to be able to tell those two apart.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:06 AM, amazingracefan said:

The DRs of HGs are all scripted, same as the US version.

Maddy, Will, Paras for example have hardly been great in comps.  I suppose it's part of the BB social experiment that some are treated like dirt but I do think a more varied cast would help, too many young people who think they are part of some cool group.  I don't see that as interesting gameplay.

There was a leak on the feeds with Will getting fed a line by production in the DR.  He didn't say it the way they wanted, so he had to try 3 times. I think it was something about losing his cool and they wanted him to be meaner about it. Also on Dick at Night, they played  a part where Kaela and Derek are in the HOH room and Derek leaves and you can hear him say very softly "don't fucking touch me". Karen from last season was a guest and she was laughing her head off. Not much of a showmance.....

• Love 1
On 4/20/2018 at 8:23 PM, Newbietunes said:

I'd like to know why everybody ended up voting Ryan out (happy as I am that they did).  Production really made it seem like the vote would split 3-3 with Derek breaking the tie in Ryan's favour. 

The strange thing is that Kaela seemed almost joyous to vote Ryan out, whereas before she had (IMO correctly) diagnosed that a house revolt to keep Johnny would put her and her "boyfriend" firmly behind the eight ball, with only another HoH win by her likely to keep them off the block.  Either something really changed or maybe she was just drunk…

At least they have a good reason (endurance) for the TBC HoH this week, but this schedule (double eviction-endurance-regular-endurance-triple eviction) just shows even more why they shouldn't have pulled that tease-and-wait last week, IMO.  Oh, well, so it goes.

This is my first season watching BBCAN and following the feeds and it appears the TV show is laughably inaccurate when it comes to showing how things actually happen strategy-wise. Johnny did a lot of work to flip the house and get Ryan voted out. I have no idea why they didn't show at least SOME of what he did. They seemed to give credit to Ali which made no sense. I admit that this season is very confusing with alliances and strategy (listening to the daily Taran updates helps). But, what would really help is if I wasn't watching two different shows (feeds vs. TV). BBUS does not do this (one of only a few things they do right).

Scripted Diary Rooms have been around forever - in US is what I'm referring to. Something I hate the most of watching the show. They are so cringy. I miss the days of what felt like normal recollection of events without awful jokes, puns, etc. 

I don't understand Derek and Kaela. They are so hard to watch -- no chemistry whatsoever!

6 hours ago, diana said:

This is my first season watching BBCAN and following the feeds and it appears the TV show is laughably inaccurate when it comes to showing how things actually happen strategy-wise.

This is the standard.

I watch reality shows a little different now after seeing my first feed so many years ago. I now know how much they can edit and change things up to suit whatever version they want the viewers to see. There is always 'what's happening' and then it's what the producers wants us to think is happening. I find that the USBB feeds is vastly different from the show.

Well, everyone I found remotely interesting is gone now.  I guess I'm rooting for Kaela?  She deserves it the most out of everyone left, that's for sure.  But I can totally see Derek pulling a Jon and cutting her out to take one of the floaters to F2.  How much longer does this last?

• Love 1

I called it from week 1 but even I'm shocked I was right...it really is season 1 vs season 2....power couple vs newfie/ smart girl....as a bonus we even got a overdramatic nonstop crying cant win anything player to stand in for sabrina...i called daela, will and paras being the final four in week 1 but im surprised i didnt see maddy for the 5th place contender...who knows maybe she'll decide to become gary in the 11th hour and make it to final 2...which means we need to finish this season with a wrongly cast vote that costs maddy the game and the winner bleeding all over arrisa and the stage as they accept their win.

• Love 2

Well, that sucked.

Goodbye, Ali.

Goodbye, Johnny.

Goodbye, Liv.

Goodbye, season.

Nobody worth a damn left, at all.  (Maddy has been a consistent disappointment.  Derek is still the asshole he's always been, Will's still a big baby, Parasite is still slime, and Kaela deserves to win, but I could hardly give a crap if she does.)  And terrible strategy by both sides…explain to me why it's better to leave an unbreakable pair of comp beasts in the game, would you, please?  And on the flip side, why do Daela want to now be outnumbered by 3-2 (with Derek ineligible to play HoH) when they could have put two of the Trio on the block, saved one, and evicted Johnny and (say) Maddy, leaving Liv as a grateful third wheel rather than facing a solid bloc of three?

I know, I know, everybody is so focused on "surviving the triple" and making Final 5…and for the life of me, I can't figure why.  It's not as if there's a prize here that makes this week particularly special.  The money is for 1st and 2nd and nothing else.  Are they all big Joe DiMaggio fans or something?  Do you get a free Mr. Coffee coffee-maker if you get this far?  And yet, even Derek and Kaela were pouting that if Johnny hadn't "turned" on them (you know, after Derek nominated Johnny and tried his hardest to get him evicted last week…), they could have had "a solid 5" with tonight's three evictees and cleaned out the "floaters" (who may actually be throwing comps at a record pace*, but have been a solid alliance since Week 1 and so aren't "floaters" at all).  Weird.

*—Or, of course, the alternate reason that Will/Maddy/Paras have won exactly nothing could simply be that they all suck.  Perfectly possible, I admit.

Oh, you Ding-Dongs! How did that "you know, we could still work with Daela and vote out a floater" plotting work for you, exactly? Sigh.

• Love 3
On 4/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, diana said:

Johnny did a lot of work to flip the house and get Ryan voted out.

I don't think it was hard.  I remember when Johnny lied about his vote Will was like 'ok I don't mind' when Johnny admitted it.  Meanwhile he talked to Ryan like he was scum when he called him out.  None of them associated with Ryan even though he was a number in the house, which showed the weak gameplay.  I don't think any of those left are likeable.  I respected Olivia more than what is left, but she was collateral damage for associating with the toxic Ali.

Edited by amazingracefan

I'm sad. I have no horse left. 3 vs 2 - except none of the 3 have won a single comp yet. Are Derek and Kaela just going to keep switching every week? My only hope is that if Kaela did win - she would obvi put 2 of the 3 up. A perfect opportunity for the 3rd to finally win the veto and Kaela would have to put up Derek! A girl can dream...

• Love 2

I'm starting to believe that the casting directive this season went like this: "Pantene is a sponsor, so make sure that the women in the house have great hair." Thankfully, Erica was a comp beast, as well. Otherwise, only Olivia and Kaela have won competitions. Olivia was HOH once, and Kaela is currently on a run, but only because there's no one left in the fucking house who is capable of winning anything besides Derek.

I hate this season.

• Love 4

Ugh, that was so disappointing! How do you not break up the showmance? Have these people never watched a reality show before? Why on Earth would you ever keep Kaela (gag) over Ali when Derek & Kaela keep winning things while Ali hasn't won squat? It just makes no sense to me. I actually don't mind Derek but I cannot stand Kaela so I'm super bitter.  Pretty much everyone I like is gone now.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

My only hope is that if Kaela did win - she would obvi put 2 of the 3 up. A perfect opportunity for the 3rd to finally win the veto and Kaela would have to put up Derek! A girl can dream...

Ah, the "Diane" move.  But if Kaela (as hypothetical HoH) puts up Maddy and Paras and Will (somehow) wins Veto (maybe it's a "stack items on a 7-foot-shelf" comp?), would Will even save one of the girls to force Derek up? Or would he just cut his losses and try to cultivate Daela to take him to F3?

36 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Ah, the "Diane" move.  But if Kaela (as hypothetical HoH) puts up Maddy and Paras and Will (somehow) wins Veto (maybe it's a "stack items on a 7-foot-shelf" comp?), would Will even save one of the girls to force Derek up? Or would he just cut his losses and try to cultivate Daela to take him to F3?

Yes, that's one thing Will could possibly win! And you may be right about taking Derek - I don't think he has too many original thoughts, and Derek could probably bro-vince him.

• Love 1

I'm starting to believe that the casting directive this season went like this: "Pantene is a sponsor, so make sure that the women in the house have great hair."

Heh -- but seriously yes.  All the women this year have gorgeous, long hair.  Especially Paras.

On April 27, 2018 at 3:51 PM, Evenshorter said:

I don't think [Will] has too many original thoughts, and Derek could probably bro-vince him.

Apparently Derek's Brovincial (lol) skills won't be needed; "The Witless Bay Wonder" has already decided that staying cool with the showmance is more important than saving Maddy would be.  All this because Parasite was crying about how she'd done SO MUCH to protect Maddy…while somehow forgetting that she made a separate deal with Daela to keep herself safe (and taken to the F3) over both Maddy and Will.  

God, she's such slime.  I mean, good that she can recognize that she's been betrayed when the player she just saved puts her on the block, but she's accomplished nothing in this game except "staying loyal" (easy to do when you don't have to make any decisions) and when she does cut a deal to get preferential treatment over her two closest allies, she's got fucking nerve to go into hysterics over the thought that Maddy might have done something similar.  Judas, heal thyself.  Sheesh.

And of course her tears give Will the excuse to unveil his inner jerk, some more.  I half-thought he was going to hit Maddy at one point.  Albeit, given his skill level so far, he'd probably have taken a swat…and missed.

(And I'd never heard of Witless Bay and certainly don't want to judge a town by its name, but wow does "Witless" fit him well.  Really hope they're all not this dim back there.  I wonder if production was shading Will with the "Witless Bay Wonder" nickname during the "Previously…" segment.)

As for the third Trio-an, I have sympathies for Maddy (even though she comes across as cold and vindictive), but she certainly failed spectacularly in this episode.  Made the wrong choice on evicting Ali and pressed for it at the last moment (when she'd previously said that she was willing to go with whatever Will/Paras decided, her preferences aside), blew the HoH, managed to give Kaela the "facts" about W/P's willingness to flip without getting any assurances in return, and thus got her "allies" pissed at her.  Not her finest hour.

Hilarious to find that Maddy knows all about the "Diane" move to force the F5 HoH to nominate their last ally (and Kaela probably did, too), but neither Will or Derek had a clue.  If one of these dumbasses wins the game, I'm going to be seriously pissed.  I mean, I don't like anybody left, but clearly (IMO) Kaela deserves it.

Finally, on a meta-level, how annoying is it that she and Maddy are both still in the game, given how few players are left?  I mean, they're easier to tell apart now (Kaela wears her hair up a good portion of the time and has gotten a tan where Maddy is arctic pale), but it's still annoying.  You couldn't have kept Liv, instead, Kaela?  Sigh.  (Also, I liked Liv, but that's OT for this.)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Apparently Derek's Brovincial (lol) skills won't be needed; "The Witless Bay Wonder" has already decided that staying cool with the showmance is more important than saving Maddy would be.  All this because Parasite was crying about how she'd done SO MUCH to protect Maddy…while somehow forgetting that she made a separate deal with Daela to keep herself safe (and taken to the F3) over both Maddy and Will.  

God, she's such slime.  I mean, good that she can recognize that she's been betrayed when the player she just saved puts her on the block, but she's accomplished nothing in this game except "staying loyal" (easy to do when you don't have to make any decisions) and when she does cut a deal to get preferential treatment over her two closest allies, she's got fucking nerve to go into hysterics over the thought that Maddy might have done something similar.  Judas, heal thyself.  Sheesh.

And of course her tears give Will the excuse to unveil his inner jerk, some more.  I half-thought he was going to hit Maddy at one point.  Albeit, given his skill level so far, he'd probably have taken a swat…and missed.

(And I'd never heard of Witless Bay and certainly don't want to judge a town by its name, but wow does "Witless" fit him well.  Really hope they're all not this dim back there.  I wonder if production was shading Will with the "Witless Bay Wonder" nickname during the "Previously…" segment.)

As for the third Trio-an, I have sympathies for Maddy (even though she comes across as cold and vindictive), but she certainly failed spectacularly in this episode.  Made the wrong choice on evicting Ali and pressed for it at the last moment (when she'd previously said that she was willing to go with whatever Will/Paras decided, her preferences aside), blew the HoH, managed to give Kaela the "facts" about W/P's willingness to flip without getting any assurances in return, and thus got her "allies" pissed at her.  Not her finest hour.

Hilarious to find that Maddy knows all about the "Diane" move to force the F5 HoH to nominate their last ally (and Kaela probably did, too), but neither Will or Derek had a clue.  If one of these dumbasses wins the game, I'm going to be seriously pissed.  I mean, I don't like anybody left, but clearly (IMO) Kaela deserves it.

Finally, on a meta-level, how annoying is it that she and Maddy are both still in the game, given how few players are left?  I mean, they're easier to tell apart now (Kaela wears her hair up a good portion of the time and has gotten a tan where Maddy is arctic pale), but it's still annoying.  You couldn't have kept Liv, instead, Kaela?  Sigh.  (Also, I liked Liv, but that's OT for this.)

So.Much.Word.

Not sure where you are, but I'm about 20 mins away from the BB Studio and we had the worst ice storm of the winter 2 weeks ago. Not sure how Kaela got such a tan, maybe she uses a self tanner, because sunny days have been few and far between. Today though is hot AF.  

Also, how were they allowed all the chit chat during voting?? You could clearly see them talking in the hall just before the diary room, and on the couch. Production doesn't care I guess. Neither do I really because the only thing I have to look forward to is to see if Kaela or Derek does a Jon and cuts Neda at F3.  I'm trying to image the Witless Boy Wonder as a F2....

Poor Maddy. I had hopes for her in the beginning, but alas - hope shattered. Dumbass.

I could not believe that Paras "just" figured out if one of the 3 won Veto, Kaela would have to put Derek up. How did Will or Derek not know this? Because they don't watch BB.

There was an interesting post on Reddit about someone who tried out for US BB20 and said the people doing the preliminary casting don't watch the show and are just looking for certain types. Surprise - not.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm in California (used to live about 20 minutes from the Radford Drive studio and its BB house, ironically), I just download these episodes via torrent because I'm such an addict.  This despite how few seasons truly reward me.  But the good makes up for the bad, I guess.

Don't understand all the talking.  Didn't Arisa used to repeat Julie's mantra about "no talking during voting"?  I mean, not that Julie says it all the time, either, but BBUS did clamp down on this when it got out of control.  Not sure why BBCan lets it go on.

Glad to hear that the weather is better.  And, yeah, there hasn't been a lot of time for Kaela to get that tan…weren't Will and Paras wearing parkas while on a smoke break, not that long ago?  (Discussing the Ryan v. Johnny eviction, IIRC.)  Unless Kaela's tanning in Crisco™, that's awful quick work.

ETA:  as many quibbles as I might have with Kaela (Derek, betraying Erica, those annoyingly-fake "you're such a great player!" yells she gives to each evictee), she won me back a bit this episode, once I found out that she has a tuxedo cat.  (And a regular black cat, but sorry, Stella, I prefer Henry. Meow!)

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I'm in California (used to live about 20 minutes from the Radford Drive studio and its BB house, ironically), I just download these episodes via torrent because I'm such an addict.  This despite how few seasons truly reward me.  But the good makes up for the bad, I guess.

Don't understand all the talking.  Didn't Arisa used to repeat Julie's mantra about "no talking during voting"?  I mean, not that Julie says it all the time, either, but BBUS did clamp down on this when it got out of control.  Not sure why BBCan lets it go on.

Glad to hear that the weather is better.  And, yeah, there hasn't been a lot of time for Kaela to get that tan…weren't Will and Paras wearing parkas while on a smoke break, not that long ago?  (Discussing the Ryan v. Johnny eviction, IIRC.)  Unless Kaela's tanning in Crisco™, that's awful quick work.

ETA:  as many quibbles as I might have with Kaela (Derek, betraying Erica, those annoyingly-fake "you're such a great player!" yells she gives to each evictee), she won me back a bit this episode, once I found out that she has a tuxedo cat.  (And a regular black cat, but sorry, Stella, I prefer Henry. Meow!)

Wow, that's pretty cool. Have you ever been to a US taping? Arisa is lots of fun at ours (she brought cookies while we were waiting in the lobby last year) and sings sometimes while they get set up for the next segment. Very knowledgeble about the game and remembers past houseguests. None of these pertain to Julie I'm guessing!

Back to the show = it's nearly done! And really - only 2 pages for this season??

9 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

Have you ever been to a US taping?

No, I should have.  Opportunity missed.  (I've never even toured the CBS-Radford lot; Universal, yes, but not CBS.)

Arisa is lots of fun at ours (she brought cookies while we were waiting in the lobby last year) and sings sometimes while they get set up for the next segment.

Heh.  Now I'm trying to imagine Julie singing.

Very knowledgeble about the game and remembers past houseguests. None of these pertain to Julie I'm guessing!

I remember BBUS13, where Brendon was about to get voted out (for the first time) and he did a riff on Jerry's famous "you will always be Judas to me!" Veto speech to Dan (in S10) and Julie clearly had no clue what he was referring to and was like "wow, Judas! That's really harsh", or something.  You'd think the Chenbot would have a better memory chip, but apparently not.

(One thing I do love about Brendon is his "unlikely superfan" status.  I remember the first week of BB12, when Rachel and he were on the block against each other and he won the Veto and did Janelle's infamous smiling "I have decided to use the Veto…ON MYSELF" from All-Stars.  Not quite the same without the hair-flip, of course, but still got a nice laugh. [And probably contributed a bit to the house then deciding to keep Rachel once Annie got backdoored…Brenchel hadn't yet worn out their welcome with the other HGs that early on.])

Julie does remember people better than moments, though.  Especially when in the early years she would conduct extensive interviews with the evictees, the bulk of which being held over for The Early Show.  (Or CBS This Morning, or whatever they called it back then.) I think this may have diminished once she started handing over these interviews to Jeff Schroeder (or, as  of mid BB-19, to an iPad), but I can't say for sure.

5 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

No, I should have.  Opportunity missed.  (I've never even toured the CBS-Radford lot; Universal, yes, but not CBS.)

Heh.  Now I'm trying to imagine Julie singing.

I remember BBUS13, where Brendon was about to get voted out (for the first time) and he did a riff on Jerry's famous "you will always be Judas to me!" Veto speech to Dan (in S10) and Julie clearly had no clue what he was referring to and was like "wow, Judas! That's really harsh", or something.  You'd think the Chenbot would have a better memory chip, but apparently not.

(One thing I do love about Brendon is his "unlikely superfan" status.  I remember the first week of BB12, when Rachel and he were on the block against each other and he won the Veto and did Janelle's infamous smiling "I have decided to use the Veto…ON MYSELF" from All-Stars.  Not quite the same without the hair-flip, of course, but still got a nice laugh. [And probably contributed a bit to the house then deciding to keep Rachel once Annie got backdoored…Brenchel hadn't yet worn out their welcome with the other HGs that early on.])

Julie does remember people better than moments, though.  Especially when in the early years she would conduct extensive interviews with the evictees, the bulk of which being held over for The Early Show.  (Or CBS This Morning, or whatever they called it back then.) I think this may have diminished once she started handing over these interviews to Jeff Schroeder (or, as  of mid BB-19, to an iPad), but I can't say for sure.

Ah Jeff - Mr. Technotronics and Clown Shoes - good times. Looking forward to the new season. Did you know Trevor Boris from BBCan designed some comps for the US? My daughter watched a podcast with him (and Neda) and he seemed less than enthused (I think he used the word disappointed) with BBCAN this year. Perhaps why Marsha only appeared once? And I'm sure the crypt was designed to do more than house Marsha for Will's Newfie stunt. I really think they wanted to use it for another purpose.

I will give Kaela all the respect in the world if she cuts Derek but I don't believe for even a second that she'll actually do it. She'll have to hope someone else does it for her.

I didn't really want either Maddy or Paras to go last night. I can't believe idiot Will is still there.  Speaking of Maddy, who are these people in her life who told her she'd never win Big Brother because she wasn't smart enough or hot enough? WTF?! Girlfriend needs some new friends!

• Love 1
On 2018-05-01 at 4:45 PM, Evenshorter said:

Back to the show = it's nearly done! And really - only 2 pages for this season??

I wasn't too invested because it became apparent quite early that the weak were targeting the strong. That always leads to a shitty season. Last year with all the vets, everyone came out swinging. Three of the final four were very deserving. This year, only one of the final five played a game worthy of the win.

• Love 1

I would agree that it hasn't been the most thrilling season but I have to disagree about only one person left being worthy of the win. Derek and Kaela have dominated a lot of the season with their social game (mostly Kaela) and winning a lot of comps (mostly Derek).  Not to mention they were up on the block together and somehow managed to both remain in the house.  Paras played a very strategic game and managed to get in good with both sides of the house. Will....is an idiot. Sorry.  He seems like a nice guy but he's basically done nothing all season.