Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada Season 6

Going to give it a try from the US. Hope it works out! I've watched a couple older seasons and I quite enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to following this in real time.

I find the houseguests on BBCan much less "famewhorey". But that's probably because, unlike in the U.S., becoming a professional reality star isn't really a thing in Canada. They can't hop from reality show to reality show here because there just aren't enough of them in Canada. 

• Love 2

I kinda liked Rozina. But maybe she's annoying to be around.

Pretty good opening episode. Too soon to tell who I'll be rooting for but, so far I LOATHE the bartender who said her main goal was to get into a showmance. Ugh! Also not liking the guy who bragged about wanting to be a villain and making people cry. Whatever dude.

I don't really get how they're going to make the Hell people be without their personal belongings for an entire week. Are they supposed to wear the same clothes and not brush their teeth all week? 

I voted for Merron because he's cute (I'm shallow, sue me.) and Kirsten because she promised to be like Cassandra and I love me some Cassandra. I actually wish we could just vote Cassandra back in.

• Love 2

For the first time ever, the site I use to watch this show from the US required me to use a VPN, which fine, I have one but it's bitchy and doesn't like to change locations. So, I ended up missing the first 20 minutes and only saw the last four enter the house. I'm debating whether to watch what I missed or skip it, since the chat on the feed stream was that no one was liked very much. 

I also can't tell when the feeds start, with some comments about tonight and others tomorrow. I don't chat on that site because it gets hateful quickly. Big Brother brings out the worst in some people, in the house and the viewers. For me, I find it's Teen Mom that turns me into a horrible person, wanting people to die or the show to be cancelled so I can see them fall apart, so I'm not throwing shade at the BB Fanatics.

Nothing major happened during the introductions you missed. It was just the same old stuff we see every year, people boasting about how they're going to win or get into a showmance, gasping about how pretty the house is, etc.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I had some issues connecting with the trial HMA VPN, but got it to work after a bit. I wasn't super impressed with the premiere, but I'm sure it will get better. Too much with intros and the whole Andrew choosing people right off the bat. Not a good look for him to put up mostly women and a gay guy. I wish we could've heard more on his reasons. Johnny seems pretty sketch. I wanted Paras to win that one. But, I'm thinking Johnny might not handle this HOH well and get himself into trouble.

Rozina will probably be up, but I'd actually like to see her stay. She'll probably calm down after a minute. She kind of intrigues me because she's just like no one else.

Edited by diana

Though I've watched BB US off and on from the very first season, this is the first time I've seen a BB Canada season premiere. In fact, it's the first time I've watched an entire episode.  I've turned it on before but couldn't get into it.  Maybe watching from the beginning will help keep me interested. 

Not really liking/disliking anyone so far. But it always takes me a long time to get into a new season. 

So Mon/Wed/Thur.  Are evictions always live on Thursday?  

(edited)

Still too early to have any solid first impressions. Except that Rozina needs to tone it WAY down. I thought she was super sweet and funny in her intro but all that screaming would grate.

The house is stunning though. I love the concept of it and I'm excited to see how the heaven/hell theme plays out all season.

I voted for Merron and Kirsten. Veronica seems great but I wanted to give 1 vote to an angel and 1 to a devil. Mikey grated in his intro so there was no way he was getting a vote.

1 hour ago, dolphincorn said:

Arisa's premiere dress was an interesting choice. Perhaps she'll wear it on every live show, cutting off one of those dingle-balls every time a house guest is evicted.

I feel like she might alternate between black and white this season to stick with the theme.

Edited by Couver
  • Love 1

I was able to watch the premiere today on the Global site using VPN but would love to know where I can live stream it from the U.S.

Rozina is annoying. I want to root for the person closest to my age, but ugh. She's too much. No favorites yet. Too soon to tell.

• Love 1
On 3/7/2018 at 4:48 PM, Rachel RSL said:

I find the houseguests on BBCan much less "famewhorey". But that's probably because, unlike in the U.S., becoming a professional reality star isn't really a thing in Canada. They can't hop from reality show to reality show here because there just aren't enough of them in Canada. 

True. Canadians are generally more polite. We usually say "sorry" when someone bumps into us. The host , Aris Cox was on an original Canadian reality tv show called U8TV in 2001. many of the cast members went on to careers in TV like Carolyn Jarvis & Jennifer Hedger.

On 3/7/2018 at 7:44 PM, Machiabelly said:

I already want Rozina to go home. I was hoping a 49 year old would represent us older fans. Disappointed 

The older lady last year got pretty far. I doubt Rozina will stick round.

Aw, I'm bummed Rozina got booted. I liked her. Not shocking though. Karen was an anomaly last season but the token oldie almost always goes first. I wish they would cast a more diverse cast in terms of age, but I guess it's harder for "older" people who have careers and families to get so much time off.

Yay Canada for voting in the cute guy! I don't really understand the point of them not being allowed to tell people they were voted in by Canada though. 

I don't really follow social media about this show, but have just fell into a hole of comments about how Kristen was ahead in all the informal polls and people are calling Vanessa getting in a fix. I have no idea if that is true, but have recognized  production interference in BBUS several times. Specifically, during a Mission Impossible Head of Household challenge, they walked into a room, found a hole in the floor that had a key in it, then had to figure out to get the water from the barrel to the hole by using a pipe on the wall. Corey opened the door, ran straight to the pipe on the wall while everyone else ran in and looked around. He did it for everything in that challenge and beat everyone by a good ten minutes. It was so glaringly obvious that he was told what to do. There were several other times in the seasons I watched, which isn't all of them.

Rozina's voice was annoying yesterday, and I can see how she could have irritated everyone, but it still seemed dumb to get rid of her. I see choosing the first person to fall as a pick, because you don't know enough about anyone to make a decision, but didn't expect Rozina to be voted out unanimously. She must have been operating at 100 the entire time.

It's still early but what 'm liking so far , Johnny acting indecisive in the house and then explaining in the DR why he's doing it as a strategy. The Real Deal , I can't remember if it's been done before but I've always thought it would be a good idea to team up with someone from the other side and form a secret alliance. Don't talk about it or do anything that would give it away. Don't be too protective of that person in front of others. Just be friendly with them. Then at the end it would hopefully be a total surprise. This game is all about deception and that's what I like to see.

(edited)

As a newbie to BB Can, I was disappointed in the unanimous eviction vote.   Do they always "vote with the house" like the US version?

Edited by buffynut
On 3/8/2018 at 9:53 AM, dolphincorn said:

Arisa's premiere dress was an interesting choice. Perhaps she'll wear it on every live show, cutting off one of those dingle-balls every time a house guest is evicted.

Love this. One of my favourite parts is seeing what she's wearing.

Anyone gone to the tapings yet?  Have tickets for Thursday and the email said there is no parking on site, so I'm a little concerned. The other studio has tons of parking, even though it was way out east for me.

Sorry Rozina left. She was annoying, but she was a vote for whovever (whomever?) wanted her. I thought Hamza had the right idea to keep her.

Glad Rozina left, she was very annoying.  I've never really been a fan of BBCan doing the "evicted in episode 2" thing; even if the houseguests have been in for a full week by then, I don't think we've had enough time to know what's going on.  But perhaps there wasn't much more to know about Rozie, so…bye!

Disappointing if they rigged the vote to put Veronica in the house.  She seems like a useless blank so far.  Kaela, despite her showmance talk, and Olivia, despite her "high-maintenance" hook, feel much more like positive energy, so far.  (Or maybe I'm just hoping Kaela will showmance Erica…)

Hamza is hardly the genius he thinks he is.  Hope they don't give him so much DR time moving forward.  Nice that they made him cast the "decisive" vote to put Rozina over the eviction threshold.  And Ryan's resemblance to Spencer seems to be solely on the surface (it's the beard, I think), thankfully.  

It seems as though there should be more than one alliance forming by now.  Unless Andrew just assumes the Bros n Blondes that he put in "heaven" will naturally stay together, but I'd be looking for a more personal group if I was in the house.

Still, looking forward to this.  And it's always amusing to see somebody (Maddy, I think) so jacked at the concept of winning the "big" prize, which comes to $78,000 USD, pre-tax.  I mean, I'm worth more than $78K, ffs…

34 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Glad Rozina left, she was very annoying.  I've never really been a fan of BBCan doing the "evicted in episode 2" thing; even if the houseguests have been in for a full week by then, I don't think we've had enough time to know what's going on.  But perhaps there wasn't much more to know about Rozie, so…bye!

Disappointing if they rigged the vote to put Veronica in the house.  She seems like a useless blank so far.  Kaela, despite her showmance talk, and Olivia, despite her "high-maintenance" hook, feel much more like positive energy, so far.  (Or maybe I'm just hoping Kaela will showmance Erica…)

Hamza is hardly the genius he thinks he is.  Hope they don't give him so much DR time moving forward.  Nice that they made him cast the "decisive" vote to put Rozina over the eviction threshold.  And Ryan's resemblance to Spencer seems to be solely on the surface (it's the beard, I think), thankfully.  

It seems as though there should be more than one alliance forming by now.  Unless Andrew just assumes the Bros n Blondes that he put in "heaven" will naturally stay together, but I'd be looking for a more personal group if I was in the house.

Still, looking forward to this.  And it's always amusing to see somebody (Maddy, I think) so jacked at the concept of winning the "big" prize, which comes to $78,000 USD, pre-tax.  I mean, I'm worth more than $78K, ffs…

The prize winning is tax free in Canada. They also get furniture & some other stuff. The host , Arisa Cox began on a reality tv show in Canada called U8TV in 2001. It was like Big Brother without competitions. It was similar to the Real World with 24 hour live feeds. The guests learned how to host tv shows etc.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Where is the studio now? 

Not sure exactly where you're located, but it's near Sherway, around Evans and East Mall.  Love that it's in the west end.

11 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Why do so many reality show contestants think they are "my boy". You're not. Stop saying it.

This. So annoying. None of them are my boys.

I feel like the whole bringing 2 people in a week later is a dud. The houseguests saw through their story of being plucked out of audience right away. Because who goes to a taping with extra clothes, and can leave your job and family at the drop of a hat? Right. I think Kirsten could have come up with something better.

• Love 1

Ugh, I hate Derek. I HATE HATE HATE HIM! Just because I've actually WORKED in fashion, I decided to check out his blog. He's just another Instagram chump who posts "candid" photos of himself in clothes he probably doesn't even own. I suspected that he was a fraud when I saw him sitting on that bed in those dirty fucking socks. I was already suspicious when I saw him parading around the house in those short-shorts and that stupid headband. There is nothing about him that is fashionable or aspirational. He's just another fame whore who admitted during his pre-show interview that he didn't even watch the show. He's there for the showmance and clicks on his homepage: just another desperate asshole trying to fake it until he makes it in the Instagram Age. He's a talentless idiot that makes me question Robyn Kass and her casting methods once again just as I was about to cut her some slack.

By the way, did I mention that I hate him?

Edited by dolphincorn
  • Love 4
On 3/13/2018 at 9:50 AM, Evenshorter said:

Not sure exactly where you're located, but it's near Sherway, around Evans and East Mall.  Love that it's in the west end.

Damn, I'm an East end girl. I thought maybe I could get to a taping this season if it was close but once I go further west than Yonge Street, it might as well be another planet.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:50 AM, Evenshorter said:

I feel like the whole bringing 2 people in a week later is a dud. The houseguests saw through their story of being plucked out of audience right away. Because who goes to a taping with extra clothes, and can leave your job and family at the drop of a hat? Right. I think Kirsten could have come up with something better.

I hope that's something they only have to keep up for the first week and then Arisa tells them the truth. They were already at a disadvantage by going in late but to put them in a position where it's obvious they were lying is even worse. That being said, the lie they chose was pretty dumb. Couldn't they just have said the audience was filled with people who entered a contest to be a houseguest and they won the draw? It would at least explain why they brought so many clothes for a 3 hour tour....a 3 hour tour. 

• Love 1

Ugh. I  can only watch this on mute. My ears were bleeding from listening to whichever woman it was screeching/hosting during the veto competition. I wish they would stop the lazy habit of using the abbreviation "comp", and Arisa is guilty of this too. As has already been mentioned, the use of "your boy" is not original and makes them sound like complete asses. I am finding most of the hampsters this year really annoying. Not proud of this, but I have managed to get through every season up until now but this might be coming off the PVR very soon,  And please show, find someone else with better eyesight to dress Arisa.

I also think the elaborate lie was stupid.  All Arisa said was to not tell them they were voted in.  So fine. Just tell the truth, but leave out that it could have been two other people.  Just say you went through the same hoops as everyone else, but for whatever reason, BB wanted you to enter two days late.  You have no idea why you had to be gatecrashers and everyone else got to go in early, but so be it.  It was that easy, but no, they went for the obviously-untrue falsehood.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lizajane said:

Ugh. I  can only watch this on mute. My ears were bleeding from listening to whichever woman it was screeching/hosting during the veto competition. I wish they would stop the lazy habit of using the abbreviation "comp", and Arisa is guilty of this too. As has already been mentioned, the use of "your boy" is not original and makes them sound like complete asses. I am finding most of the hampsters this year really annoying. Not proud of this, but I have managed to get through every season up until now but this might be coming off the PVR very soon,  And please show, find someone else with better eyesight to dress Arisa.

I was at the taping today and wanted to ask Andrew why they all think it's cool to call themselves "your boy". I refrained. However, I thought Arisa looked hot in the dress. I think she said it was Stella McCartney? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

I thought Arisa looked hot in the dress. I think she said it was Stella McCartney? 

This is becoming the season of the dangly bits.

Hamza's obnoxiousness is sort of growing on me.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

I was at the taping today and wanted to ask Andrew why they all think it's cool to call themselves "your boy". I refrained. However, I thought Arisa looked hot in the dress. I think she said it was Stella McCartney? 

The red dress looked good. I think Arisa is a very attractive woman but some of the things they dress her in I don't find are flattering on her at all. 

Hamza is growing on me a bit, as long as I don't have to listen to him in the DR.  But Ryan can go any time.

Is there no After Dark this year?

2 hours ago, lizajane said:

The red dress looked good. I think Arisa is a very attractive woman but some of the things they dress her in I don't find are flattering on her at all. 

Hamza is growing on me a bit, as long as I don't have to listen to him in the DR.  But Ryan can go any time.

Is there no After Dark this year?

Love Arisa, she's a great host and very knowledgeable about the game and past houseguests. Agree about Ryan, he drives me crazy. Hamza is growing on me as well, but I hate everyone in the DR because it's so scripted. 

No, no After Dark. We did have to sit through the Facebook interview though which I could have done without because it was Andrew. His brothers (who were pretty funny) and his wife were there as well. So the Facebook thing is not live, so not sure why they ask people to send in questions when it's already been taped. They did ask us as the audience for questions, and they used most of those.

For a guy who has "watched 26 seasons of this show", Ryan had one of the worst HoH weeks ever.  That was, like, Jee-levels of bad.

• Don't put up Hamza if you want to keep him and Andrew in the house.  Yes, Hamza wants to play Veto because he is worried he might get backdoored, but just tell him you won't do that and you don't want him and Andrew frozen on the block if things go wrong.  Then recruit a "pawn" that you might be able to flip the House on later in the week, especially if Hamza gets drawn for Veto, wins it and pulls Andrew down.  There's even a justification for putting Target!Olivia in this spot, since she's the only person (besides yourself) who wasn't in Hell last week or a Have-Not this week.  If some of the House bitches, just say you don't want to make an enemy of Hamza, since he's obviously capable of winning stuff.  And because he's an attractive target, you're worried that votes could switch on him, and you'd rather have a "pure pawn" in the role.  (This would be bs, of course, but it's credible.)

I gather that Ryan wanted to backdoor Olivia (rather than put her up directly) because he was scared that she could win the veto.  Since she's a Law student and runs marathons and all that.  (And how lame is it that, given those credentials, her intro segment was the sexist "I'm high-maintenance!" crap? Grr.) But take what you can get, and so on.

• If you need people to throw the Veto, don't try to twist arms, PAUL.  These HGs aren't those sheep, and they expect the HoH to want to protect his noms, not let them get sabotaged.  Maybe try some reverse psychology?

"Jonny, obviously I'd love for you to win the Veto so I don't need to get more blood on my hands, but I understand that you might not want to win every comp.  Don't need a bigger target on your back, right? I know what *I* want, but I can't ask you to play my game, I get that.  Follow your heart, and I'll understand, either way, okay?"

"Hey, Jesse, can I ask you something, man-to-man? I know you're worried you might be a target, being athletic and popular and everything…but you're not going to throw the comp, are you?  'Cause I'll be honest, I really don't need to be making any more noms this week, I'm just saying."

"Look, Erica, I know this kind of sucks for you, because you're close to both of the guys and if you won the Veto you'd have to deal with them asking you to pull them down and me telling you to leave them up and all of that, but do you think you'll be able to go full out in the comp anyway? I mean, I know it's selfish of me, but if you're gonna go half-speed, I'd like to know it in advance, I'm just saying."

Stuff like that.  Plant the seed, but don't try to force it.  Dolt.

• Once Erica wins the Veto and you're trying to get her to use it so you can pull your precious backdoor (which you might want to give up on, anyway, at this point) don't lie about "people" wanting Maddy out, ffs.  Erica's more connected to the House than you are, she can see through the lie.  And even if she didn't, it would just destroy your game going forward.

Better to make the honest case against Olivia (she's smart, she's athletic, the HoH comp showed that people don't like her that much [Olivia "won" the "Who doesn't deserve to be here?" and "Who won't have anybody at her funeral?" questions], so there won't be blowback) and try to get Erica to bite on that.  I doubt she would, but it's better than the Maddy lie.

•  Having seen that Andrew got himself in trouble through his hamfisted campaigning to save Rozina, the last thing you need to do is become Andrew's Champion, to the point where Veronica is trying to ingratiate herself with the clique by going after you.  Just shut up and let Andrew try to work his own miracles.  

(Not that any were on offer.  Andrew must have really pissed everybody off, given the complete lack of "I sadly vote to evict" preambles this time around.  And how they could only find one voter [Erica] who expressed sadness in a "good-bye" video, the next best thing being Alejandra's "I'll miss you, but you fucked yourself, bro" semi-condolences. But that's all the more reason for Ryan not to throw himself on the "save Andrew, I need him!" pyre.)

All in all, just pathetic.  If this is what Ryan learned by "watching 26 seasons", I'd hate to see how poorly he plays once the count reaches 30 or so.

• Love 3

Fantastic read on Ryan. His whole intro coming into the house was about shaking things up and being a mastermind. But when he gets power he blows his own game up. It was so silly too because once Veronica initiated the confrontation he had to come out and admit he has little to no alliances in the house and Andrew was one of the only people with him. So why not just tell the others that despite house consensus about Andrew he has to keep him and to just decide on their second target? I suppose when you are actually in the game these types of decisions are harder than for us watching and seeing everything.

Even if Erica used the veto I doubt enough people would have flipped to vote Olivia out. She seems under the radar and friendly with the larger alliance in the house.

I too am surprised Hamza is growing on me. I normally HATE the dudebros on all versions of BB. I think it's because he's at least trying to play (if stupidly. Self nominating? lol). The other 'alpha' males grate though. Especially Derek. Will is at least a sweetheart.

I'm kind of here for Paras and Jesse's secret alliance though. If they can keep the lid on it and their attraction they could go far.

Veronica is a dud for me. I keep wishing Kirsten came in instead.

• Love 1

Ryan says he's watched 26 seasons and 800 hour of BB, but admits he doesn't watch live feeds. Kind of cancels the "superfan" status for me. TV-only watchers are getting the narrative production wants and missing so much strategy. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile what you're watching on TV vs what really happens.

Well, that was the übersuck!  "The House" had been planning to go after (in some order) Ryan, Hamza, and the newbies (Veronica/Merron) and while it probably wouldn't have lasted all four weeks because Consensus Plans like that tend to fragment, I was hoping we'd get at least two of the four out, given that I find Ryan a fool, Veronica grating, Hamza a little much and Merron hasn't really engaged me as yet.  Instead, "Your Boy" wins HoH, he's busy protecting the buffoon who put him up and tried to get him evicted last week, and Edgy Cool Rapping Veronica gets to spend the week smirking.  Kill me now, please.

Sad to see how much Olivia has become the low girl on the totem pole.  I like her a lot, even if she's not My Girl for this season.  (My Girl is Erica, obviously.)  But I'd rather keep Liv over pretty much anyone else, even more so if she'd burn that pale pink (coral?) top she's always wearing.  Instead, too many people seem ready to throw her under too many busses…except for Erica, whose support excited me but doesn't seem to be making a difference.  Sigh.

And Jesse may be a bit of a dudebro, but I easily prefer him to Derek the Douche.  But Ham the Cam Whore and Derek the Douche "got close" in the catacombs last week.  Of course they did. Another sigh.

Not good, not good.  Have to hope for something nice in the Veto, I guess.  Because I really don't want to see Veronica smirking her way through a "goodbye" message to Olivia.

Maybe she'll rap…won't that be AWESOME? (Ugh. Ugh. And…ugh.)

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 1

I fucking hate Ham Sandwich.  Not only does he have an ego a mile wide, not only does he have six overlapping alliances without acknowledging what a fucking liar he is, but he's both stupid and a coward.

Newsflash, genius:  Jesse isn't going anywhere.  Hamza might be able to get minion or two to vote against him (Ryan is probably loyal and Merron is working so hard to climb up Hamza's ass that he might vote that way) and maybe Ali or Erica throws a "girl power" sympathy vote to try and save Olivia, but with 11 votes in play, you need six and you're not getting anywhere near that.  "The Real Deal" will work to keep their boy, Olivia will hit the bricks :( and in the end you'll have done nothing more than "go along with the House", which exactly what you had claimed you weren't going to do.

If Hamza really wanted to get rid of Jesse (or Derek), then he needed to put Derek up next to him.  But he's all hat and no cattle, as the saying goes.  He was too scared to take a real shot at the power in the house, so he's just going to run his mouth from the safety of the DR, and pretend to be "shocked" when the vote goes against Olivia.  STFU, Cam Whore.  "Shake things up", my ass.  Grrr.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I fucking hate Ham Sandwich.  Not only does he have an ego a mile wide, not only does he have six overlapping alliances without acknowledging what a fucking liar he is, but he's both stupid and a coward.

Newsflash, genius:  Jesse isn't going anywhere.  Hamza might be able to get minion or two to vote against him (Ryan is probably loyal and Merron is working so hard to climb up Hamza's ass that he might vote that way) and maybe Ali or Erica throws a "girl power" sympathy vote to try and save Olivia, but with 11 votes in play, you need six and you're not getting anywhere near that.  "The Real Deal" will work to keep their boy, Olivia will hit the bricks :( and in the end you'll have done nothing more than "go along with the House", which exactly what you had claimed you weren't going to do.

If Hamza really wanted to get rid of Jesse (or Derek), then he needed to put Derek up next to him.  But he's all hat and no cattle, as the saying goes.  He was too scared to take a real shot at the power in the house, so he's just going to run his mouth from the safety of the DR, and pretend to be "shocked" when the vote goes against Olivia.  STFU, Cam Whore.  "Shake things up", my ass.  Grrr.

He also can't read a cue card to save his life. So stilted. Not and never will be My Boy. I see that we're carrying on with the feeds vs TV show being two separate entities again. I feel like they're shoving Ham in my face much like Ika was last year.

I didn't mind Jesse before last night's episode but now he's on my last nerve. I can't stand how some people instantly turn into bitter whiners the second they're nominated. Like HELLO what show did you think you were signing up for?  Plus, wtf was that crap after the Veto ceremony? He basically stood up and said "wah wah wah someone playing Big Brother lied to me."  *eye roll*

• Love 2

It may be boring, but at least Olivia stayed, so I'm happy.  Pleasant surprise; I had thought that Will would flip to the "popular crowd", presumably dragging Maddy with him.  Instead Kaela's willingness to cut loose one of her supposed core allies made the difference, it appears.

I can't say I'm exactly thrilled with Paras being annoyed at girls (and only girls) for "not talking game" with her.  Instead of using that as an excuse to try to target Olivia/Ali/Erica, maybe you should be doing some outreach?  Just a thought.

Merron keeps trying to make us love him, and keeps pissing me off.  Judging Hamza by his iPod contents?  "Hello, gorgeous" to Arisa?  Shut up, dude.

The "wacky" Truth or Dare girl/girl kissage was painful to watch.  I'd been hoping that Erica could get a showmance, just to break precedent, but her shoutout to "Shay" as she voted means she's off the market, I guess.  So instead we got to see Veronica performing for the approval of the guys.  Oh, joy.  Wake me when Derek has to tongue Will for the benefit of the ogling girls…not that I want to see that, too; it's just that this felt pretty exploitative and sexist, IMO.  (Still better than the delivery food promo segment, I suppose.)

And then we get the fake suspense of keeping the rest of the HoH comp for Monday's show.  How many more questions are there going to be?  Five at most, I bet.  It would hardly have been too difficult to finish it up on tonight's episode.  But then we couldn't have the drama to keep us on tenterhooks all weekend long…

Hey, as long as Hamza can't win again, I'm pretty much good, I figure.  The "suspense" is about as exciting as that bare-ass "back-yard" set is.  (Who would even want to go out there?  Is the set designer on strike or something?  Sheesh.)  I'll be back on Monday, but I won't exactly be chewing my fingernails until then…

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

It may be boring, but at least Olivia stayed, so I'm happy.  Pleasant surprise; I had thought that Will would flip to the "popular crowd", presumably dragging Maddy with him.  Instead Kaela's willingness to cut loose one of her supposed core allies made the difference, it appears.

I can't say I'm exactly thrilled with Paras being annoyed at girls (and only girls) for "not talking game" with her.  Instead of using that as an excuse to try to target Olivia/Ali/Erica, maybe you should be doing some outreach?  Just a thought.

Merron keeps trying to make us love him, and keeps pissing me off.  Judging Hamza by his iPod contents?  "Hello, gorgeous" to Arisa?  Shut up, dude.

The "wacky" Truth or Dare girl/girl kissage was painful to watch.  I'd been hoping that Erica could get a showmance, just to break precedent, but her shoutout to "Shay" as she voted means she's off the market, I guess.  So instead we got to see Veronica performing for the approval of the guys.  Oh, joy.  Wake me when Derek has to tongue Will for the benefit of the ogling girls…not that I want to see that, too; it's just that this felt pretty exploitative and sexist, IMO.  (Still better than the delivery food promo segment, I suppose.)

And then we get the fake suspense of keeping the rest of the HoH comp for Monday's show.  How many more questions are there going to be?  Five at most, I bet.  It would hardly have been too difficult to finish it up on tonight's episode.  But then we couldn't have the drama to keep us on tenterhooks all weekend long…

Hey, as long as Hamza can't win again, I'm pretty much good, I figure.  The "suspense" is about as exciting as that bare-ass "back-yard" set is.  (Who would even want to go out there?  Is the set designer on strike or something?  Sheesh.)  I'll be back on Monday, but I won't exactly be chewing my fingernails until then…

Erica's girlfriend and several friends were at the taping I was at last week. She is gorgeous - it was fun to watch her cheering through the show.  There were a lot a alumni at the taping yesterday - Bruno, Kevin, Neda, Jon that you could see during the show.

Well, Kevin was part of the HoH comp, so it's no surprise he stayed for the taping.  Are Neda and Jon still together?

And congrats to Erica for having a supportive girlfriend.  (And the "gorgeous" part doesn't hurt, either, I'm sure.)  I wonder if she knew Shay was at the taping, somehow?  This is the first time she's given a shoutout while voting, after all.