Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E15: In Loco Parentis

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, trueyinyang said:

The girl should go to jail/prison she committed multiple crimes

Women never go to prison on SVU anymore, they can do no wrong in St Olivia’s eyes while men are always guilty simply because they have a penis.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/10/2018 at 2:34 AM, dttruman said:

I seem to remember an episode where an ex-con was sexual assaulted along with a few other ex-cons by their parole officer. The one specific ex-con was the husband of a woman (I think) related to some member of the SVU. I didn't like that episode much because I think it was one of those "Benson" episodes.

That was also Carisi.  His sister's fiancé was raped by his parole officer.  Although Carisi was never a fan of her fiancé, he actually stood up for him and defended him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mia lied the first time about being raped and she destroyed a boy's life. Then she invited him into her dorm room and into her bed, where he actually raped her, in retaliation for what she did to him. Why is it though that HE went to jail, but SHE got off free? Early in the episode, Mia told Olivia that she was to blame for the alleged first rape because she invited the boy into her room, and Olivia told her that that wasn't true. This is the problem. We're at the point now where women and girls are told that they can (for example) get drunk with a strange man, invite him into their bed and initiate sex, and then cry rape if things get out of hand, with the man getting all the blame. If you walk down a dark alley at 3 am waving a wad of cash while yelling, "Look what I've got!" and someone mugs you, whose fault is it? Exactly. BOTH of you. If you lie to a court about rape, you should get punished.

• Like 2

This was a fucking terrible episode, stupid and it made no sense. I agree Mia should’ve faced consequences for lying about being raped, it wasn’t right that she got off scot-free. But the whole plot was ridiculous - Carisi telling Mia she had to fix it on her own instead of going with her to talk to the boy and his family after she admitted she lied was strange, and then Carisi acting like the first rape accusation wouldn’t come up during trial, and then why in the world did the defense attorney not move for an immediate dismissal when Carisi admitted there was no first rape - Mia’s credibility was toast, and the judge probably would’ve tossed the case, no defense attorney worth their salt would’ve put their client on the stand after that, it was the rapist’s meltdown on the stand that convicted him. Dear god this episode was just horrid - everyone came off as a dumbass, the plot made no sense and I agree Mia should’ve faced consequences for her lie.

• Like 3