Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

From the previews of BIP last night wasn't that Ben in a toreador costume on his knees in the sand screaming "I am unlovable!" So yeah, looks like they are still keeping him around to stay fresh in our memories. I will barf if they give it to him. 

• Love 4

I cannot fathom why the producers would think we'd want a re-tread of Ben.  He was dull, his activities were dull, and his woman was dull.  I think Lauren was actually a decent woman before Ben dulled her.  He has ZERO charm, charisma or sex appeal for me, so as with the Nick season, I'll definitely opt out if the show runners are stupid enough to pick him. 

Jason makes the most sense.  And for all the silly women swooning over nice looking Joe the grocer who we never got to actually know, I have 2 words:

Juan Pablo

• Love 12

I think becca might be one of the only leads who came out of this unscathed . Most people love the leads until their season airs and while I don't think a lot of people love becca , I don't see many that dislike / hate her either . 

I like Jason and right now he looks like the best of the pack to lead( and no , I don't think they'll make Ben Higgins the bachelor again ). But he's starting to get over the top with auditioning starting from when he came back to try to convince becca to keep him ( AKA the let me get more screen time plea ) . He was talking to the audience way too much during his segment and I can just see myself going from like to dislike very quickly . 

I know it's an unpopular opinion , but I liked Ben as the bachelor . I thought he was cute , nice , respectful and a class act . Doesn't mean I want to see him do it again though . 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I can't help but feel if even adorable Wills can't be in the convo for Bach there will NEVER be a bach of color. 

That's not true . Rachel was . I think it'll Happen , but I don't think wills has as big a following as Jason . People liked him but thought he was dull and mumbled too much 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Per RS today....

I don’t see Colton and Wills being serious contenders for the “Bachelor.” I think this is down Jason, Blake, and Ben Higgins. We’ll see. We’ve still got a month before this announcement, and considering what they’ve pulled off the last two seasons, we can’t even try to pretend we know what they’re thinking.

I will NOT be happy with Ben Higgins! 

We would be better off with Henry Higgins.

• Love 3

Henry Higgins I could get behind! He'd be sooooo great!!! Every time a bach'ette said Henry and I's relationship he'd be all "no no no!! It's My and Henry's relationship. Use the nominative you twit!" 

Ben Higgins?

I ain't watching. At all. Or reading here. Or any blog. Hell to the naw naw naw....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I cannot fathom why the producers would think we'd want a re-tread of Ben.  He was dull, his activities were dull, and his woman was dull.  I think Lauren was actually a decent woman before Ben dulled her.  He has ZERO charm, charisma or sex appeal for me, so as with the Nick season, I'll definitely opt out if the show runners are stupid enough to pick him. 

Jason makes the most sense.  And for all the silly women swooning over nice looking Joe the grocer who we never got to actually know, I have 2 words:

Juan Pablo

With season after season of dullness and boredom, I'd take a Juan Pablo season right about now!!  Better than another season of bland blah.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

That's not true . Rachel was . I think it'll Happen , but I don't think wills has as big a following as Jason . People liked him but thought he was dull and mumbled too much 

Was specifically referring to the Bachelor, not the Bachelorette. And I guess YMMV. Having a "following" not always necessarily enough to make good TV but it seems Jason is the popular choice. I just love Wills ... and I guess it's just as well, because the leads always seem to get their hearts broken in one way or another or bring too much drama and I like him just the way he is ... doubt he'll be lacking for a line out the virtual door of women who'd love to meet/date him!

Maybe he could go on Project Runway!

ETA: Ben Higgins would be a HORRIBLE choice ... he was dull as dirt from the get-go and to pick him (AGAIN!) when they have a few legit candidates from this group would just be such a bad producer decision I'd be totally done with this show (I'm already admittedly only watching occasionally and staying updated via the crew here and occasionally RS). 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
Adding why I say NO BEN NO!
  • Love 1

I second another Juan Pablo season . He was an asshole but made for funny tv and I find the bachelor / Ette too monotonous every season and would like a change up of words . After all , every person every season says they're falling in love which is bullshit but JP was honest the whole time . 

• Love 6
On 7/28/2018 at 5:32 PM, Wings said:

If you are asking F1 is Garrett.  

The one who looks like Jeffry Dahmer?  I wouldn’t be able to get out of my head.  I mean, how can you pick a serial killer looking guy without being in a bad head place for the rest of your life, or the eight months you spend together for promos before splitting up?    This guy is creepy, like those talking big puppets creepy.

• Love 5

I would still like Peter for pure eye candy.

The girls would go insane for him.

I can’t stand how unattractive Jason is. He does some really weird mushy thing with his mouth when he speaks. Almost like he’s slurring his words.

• Love 5
On 7/31/2018 at 6:02 PM, leighdear said:

And for all the silly women swooning over nice looking Joe the grocer who we never got to actually know, I have 2 words:

Juan Pablo

So much word to this! 

Id personally prefer Peter because he brings the pretty. But of the current list of potentials, I’d go with Jason.

Big no to a virgin bachelor. We would hear of nothing else all season and each fantasy suite, we would be subjected to fireworks while they pan the camera away. 

I didn’t mind Ben when he was the bachelor. But I can’t see that he’d bring anything new to another season, just more puppy dog eyes and “gee shucks”.  There’s just no hotness or sexy. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Sounds like I might be one of the only ones who actually liked Ben Higgins. I enjoyed his season and found him to be a normal, nice guy. Having said that, I don't see a reason for a second season with him. 

I liked him on his season. It was after, once he and Lauren started whoring themselves out to any media that would take him that the bloom fell off that rose. He was actually one of my favorite bachelors but I have no desire to see him again, or anyone who has already had the lead. I say, one and done. If you can't find your soulmate the first time around, what makes you think the second time is going to be any better. (kind of the third time since they all already had a shot as a contestant too.) 

If they can't find a contestant to do it, make it the MOST!SHOCKING!SEASON!EVER! and pick a total newbie. Imagine how shocking that would be. I mean, it's been years since we haven't had leftovers. Give us some fresh meat.

• Love 8
On 8/5/2018 at 10:42 AM, TiredMe said:

We would hear of nothing else all season

You mean, the same way we heard about Arie this season - I swear he was mentioned at least once an episode and, boy, did that get tiring real fast. I suspect you would be right - Fleiss needs something to beat his viewership over the head with.

I don't know why Fleiss and company are so set against getting someone new.   I guess since the last new person, Matt the Brit was so awful, they won't go down that road again.  And now with pulling guys from years before like Nick and Arie, the odds of someone not being from the reject pool are slim to none.   Too bad as I think they could find a decent D-lister to carry the show ala Charlie O'Connell or Andrew Firestone (my favorite bachelor ever).

And I'll be interested to see how much backlash Garrett gets tonight and tomorrow on social media.  Lots of people have already moved on to Paradise so it might not be that big of a deal.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I don't know why Fleiss and company are so set against getting someone new.   I guess since the last new person, Matt the Brit was so awful, they won't go down that road again.  And now with pulling guys from years before like Nick and Arie, the odds of someone not being from the reject pool are slim to none.   Too bad as I think they could find a decent D-lister to carry the show ala Charlie O'Connell or Andrew Firestone (my favorite bachelor ever).

And I'll be interested to see how much backlash Garrett gets tonight and tomorrow on social media.  Lots of people have already moved on to Paradise so it might not be that big of a deal.  

Because a big part of why people watch each season is because they watched the last one and want to see the reject find someone for themselves . I don't like every bschelor but I do think the show would be more boring if you have no idea who the guy is coming into it . 

• Love 1

I really don’t want Jason. He seemed so fake and he kind of reminds me of Eddy Munster. I think a Blake season would be interesting considering he’s not Mr. Perfection with a perfect family history. Plus, he’s kind of mysterious so he may make an interesting lead. 

• Love 5

Remember folks. BECCA was Blake's perfect woman. BORING BECCA.

Do Y'all REALLY want a season with 25 BECCA'S to choose from???? REALLY????

Um...it's a no for me. If Boring Becca's his type? A Blake season will be torture.

I'd take Jason over Blake any day. Besides, I'd like to believe it's still "too soon" for him to whore himself out to the machine...I like Blake and if he's bachelor I'd soon grow to despise him. Not everybody can carry a season and I don't believe Blake could. Jason could though.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Insert interchangeable bland blonde fame whore named Lauren - it all winds up the same. 

I'm kind of face blind (particularly with blondes) but yeah, they are identical, both in looks and personality, in my mind.

24 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Is it weird that I am having trouble remembering which bachelor - Ben or Arie - wound up with which Lauren? Insert interchangeable bland blonde fame whore named Lauren - it all winds up the same. 

Wait!?! Those were two different women?!??!! This has completely shattered my Bachelor world view. Is nothing what it seems? Next thing you're going to tell me the world is round!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Remember folks. BECCA was Blake's perfect woman. BORING BECCA.

Do Y'all REALLY want a season with 25 BECCA'S to choose from???? REALLY????

Um...it's a no for me. If Boring Becca's his type? A Blake season will be torture.

I'd take Jason over Blake any day. Besides, I'd like to believe it's still "too soon" for him to whore himself out to the machine...I like Blake and if he's bachelor I'd soon grow to despise him. Not everybody can carry a season and I don't believe Blake could. Jason could though.

The producers cast individuals for a show, not possible mates for their lead.  They chose maybe 4 or 5 guys that were actually Becca's preferred type.  The rest were cast to be background noise, cannon fodder, man whores, bros, clueless geeks, testosterone-pumped meatheads and other assorted "types". 

It's never about the lead finding love these days.  It's about putting on a spectacle.  

The producers have probably already picked a dozen candidates so far for whoever the next Bachelor is.  Because it doesn't matter.  

• Love 6
On 8/3/2018 at 6:06 PM, Kerri Johnson said:

I would still like Peter for pure eye candy.

The girls would go insane for him.

I can’t stand how unattractive Jason is. He does some really weird mushy thing with his mouth when he speaks. Almost like he’s slurring his words.

So funny.  Ya’ll keep saying Peter and I picture Ben Higgins.  Because I call Ben Peter Brady in my head!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

The producers cast individuals for a show, not possible mates for their lead.  They chose maybe 4 or 5 guys that were actually Becca's preferred type.  The rest were cast to be background noise, cannon fodder, man whores, bros, clueless geeks, testosterone-pumped meatheads and other assorted "types". 

It's never about the lead finding love these days.  It's about putting on a spectacle.  

The producers have probably already picked a dozen candidates so far for whoever the next Bachelor is.  Because it doesn't matter.  

I've been trying to think of why this season's finale left such a bad taste in my mouth.

THIS is why. Usually you could care less. You see the end (literally) from the beginning "oh yeah, he's the one" Saw it w/Garrett to be honest.

What doesn't sit right with me is this dude LOVED her. FOR REAL. ANYBODY could see it. And yeah, he signed up for it so this is all on him. But. Watching a dude so obviously in love with a woman get the crazy-stalker edit? Watching him get decimated on TV? All for ratings' sake?

Too far man, too far. Kinda soured me on the show to be honest. This was just too much.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

So funny.  Ya’ll keep saying Peter and I picture Ben Higgins.  Because I call Ben Peter Brady in my head!

Thank god it's not just me. lol When people say Ben it takes me a while to realize they mean Peter Brady. 

• Love 1
On 7/31/2018 at 7:14 PM, MakeMeLaugh said:

Henry Higgins would just pick Colonel Pickering anyway (“why can’t a woman be like us?”).

I

Literally didn't realize Henry Higgins and Colonel Pickering were gay until I read this.

Also, no to Ben Higgins. I don't want to hear how unlovable he is when he had a sweet, pretty girl trying to marry him and give him babies.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

What is Gary Busey doing these days?  He could use a paycheck, and I’d watch that.  I’d watch the repeats too. 

Throw in New York from Flavor of Love as one of the contestants.  I'd watch her and Gary Busey.

• Love 2
On 8/9/2018 at 3:11 AM, huahaha said:

Literally didn't realize Henry Higgins and Colonel Pickering were gay until I read this.

Also, no to Ben Higgins. I don't want to hear how unlovable he is when he had a sweet, pretty girl trying to marry him and give him babies.

Word.  

Ben was awful to Lauren.  He didnt even want to talk about when they could have babies because 'he wasnt ready'.  Its fine if you dont want to have babies, but if you are engaged to someone, you owe them the chance to talk about when you might be.  

The only thing Ben has going for him (in my opinion) was that he was a good narrator.  Compared to the bozos his season was surrounded by (Chris, Juan Pablo, Arie) and Mumblecore Nick, he at least could talk through the show and have interesting convos... 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Throw in New York from Flavor of Love as one of the contestants.  I'd watch her and Gary Busey.

If we’re going FOL, I’ll need the one with the 6 million dollar weave.  Hottie?  I think she actually appeared on something with Andrew Firestone, maybe even his bachelor season?

38 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

If we’re going FOL, I’ll need the one with the 6 million dollar weave.  Hottie?  I think she actually appeared on something with Andrew Firestone, maybe even his bachelor season?

I only watched a few episodes of FOL but New York definitely left an impression.  I think I remember Hottie but I'm not sure.  

I would give up all of these Bachelor shows if only VH-1 would resurrect all of the Of Love series and spin-offs. That was the heyday of reality dating shows**. In fact, I missed a bunch of Bachelor/ette shows in the middle there (The Meredith/Byron/some football player maybe era) because I was tuning into VH-1 for Real Chance at Love and the like.

**I would also accept Paradise Hotel as the original Bachelor in Paradise.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I would give up all of these Bachelor shows if only VH-1 would resurrect all of the Of Love series and spin-offs. That was the heyday of reality dating shows**. In fact, I missed a bunch of Bachelor/ette shows in the middle there (The Meredith/Byron/some football player maybe era) because I was tuning into VH-1 for Real Chance at Love and the like.

**I would also accept Paradise Hotel as the original Bachelor in Paradise.

FWIW There was a pretty good podcast episode about those reality shows that came out recently.  Its an episode of the Decoder Ring - and its pretty interesting.

Its worth noting that those reality shows (the of Love spinoffs) died because the production company got in trouble with background checks - when a contestant was discovered to have been a domestic abuser and probably murdered his ex, and committed suicide after a manhunt for him.  

• Love 3

Damn the spinoffs.  Flav and Bert were golden, and I’ll accept the New York spinoff.  But I guess it’s fitting that the unctuous Megan of the Megan Wants a Millionaire or whatever brought the franchise down.  Fucking Megan. It’s fitting, but I’ll always be pissed it devolved to that.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, fib said:

FWIW There was a pretty good podcast episode about those reality shows that came out recently.  Its an episode of the Decoder Ring - and its pretty interesting.

Its worth noting that those reality shows (the of Love spinoffs) died because the production company got in trouble with background checks - when a contestant was discovered to have been a domestic abuser and probably murdered his ex, and committed suicide after a manhunt for him.  

Oh, yes, I remember that well! It was the guy who was PROBABLY the winner of Megan Wants a Millionaire. It happened while the show was airing, and they immediately stopped airing the show and NEVER had another one of those Of Love spinoffs. The guy married someone after the show filmed and murdered her. They found her in a suitcase with her fingers removed so they wouldn’t identify her by her fingerprints, but I think they actually ended up identifying her by the serial number on her breast implants. He was on the lam and I think hung himself. I’ll need to check out that podcast! Although I could probably do my own podcast, lol.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, yes, I remember that well! It was the guy who was PROBABLY the winner of Megan Wants a Millionaire. It happened while the show was airing, and they immediately stopped airing the show and NEVER had another one of those Of Love spinoffs. The guy married someone after the show filmed and murdered her. They found her in a suitcase with her fingers removed so they wouldn’t identify her by her fingerprints, but I think they actually ended up identifying her by the serial number on her breast implants. He was on the lam and I think hung himself. I’ll need to check out that podcast! Although I could probably do my own podcast, lol.

He ruined I love money too. An entire season never saw the light of day because he was not only on it he won it. It never went back into production either. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, badhaggis said:

He ruined I love money too. An entire season never saw the light of day because he was not only on it he won it. It never went back into production either. 

Yeah.  Season 3 never aired because he either won or went really far

• Love 1