Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

Even if Tia and Colton end up together on BiP, I feel like if he gets even a hint of being The Bachelor, he'd dump her in a heartbeat.  The guy seems like a typical Bachelor franchise fame whore who'll do anything for his 15 minutes.

Nice to get confirmation from Jordan of what we all know..... Becca is boring as hell.

No Blake for The Bachelor.... he just reminds me of one of these incels, these angry young white men who hate everyone, especially women.  Garrett too, along with Colton to a certain extent.  They all just seem really off.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Token said:

Even if Tia and Colton end up together on BiP, I feel like if he gets even a hint of being The Bachelor, he'd dump her in a heartbeat.  The guy seems like a typical Bachelor franchise fame whore who'll do anything for his 15 minutes.

Indeed!

• Love 4

Tia & Colton may have been together during the filming, but Reality Steve maintans that they are not a couple now.   

I see them the way I see Ashley I and Jared.  Fame hungry & into showmances that they use to further their social media following and "legitimacy".   From a show with very little that's real, they are even less real.  

• Love 7

I listened to Kaitlyn Bristowe's podcast with Kevin Wendt.  He's on Bachelor In Paradise this summer.  In response to a question, he said that there is someone who is still on Becca's season that is well liked but people's opinion on him will change after this season of BIP.    I don't think it could be Leo or Wills so I'm thinking it's Colton especially if he's no longer with Tia.  I really hope so because I do not want him as the next Bachelor.   

• Love 7
On 7/13/2018 at 12:24 PM, LBS said:

I listened to Kaitlyn Bristowe's podcast with Kevin Wendt.  He's on Bachelor In Paradise this summer.  In response to a question, he said that there is someone who is still on Becca's season that is well liked but people's opinion on him will change after this season of BIP.    I don't think it could be Leo or Wills so I'm thinking it's Colton especially if he's no longer with Tia.  I really hope so because I do not want him as the next Bachelor.   

It has to be, because none of the others are on this season.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Has anyone been on Bachelor in Paradise and gone on to be the next Bachelor? I think Jason has the inside track. I hope someone at ABC knows a decent hair stylist.

Nick was on BIP after 2 appearances on the Bachelorette.   He really won people over on BIP.    That doesn’t usually happen.  Usually BIP is the end of any Bachelor or Bachelorette hopes.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Nick was on BIP after 2 appearances on the Bachelorette.   He really won people over on BIP.    That doesn’t usually happen.  Usually BIP is the end of any Bachelor or Bachelorette hopes.

ABC really blew their wad on him.  All the time & effort they put into him, and after his season, he promptly dumps his "fiancee" and fades into obscurity. 

I abhored him from the moment he set foot on Andi's season and still think he's a slimy, poser snake-oil salesman.  

• Love 12

I hope we get Jason as the Bachelor and a special episode with Jason's brother and his husband stopping by to offer advice. I really liked his brother and it would be a nice change of perspective. On a shallow note, Jason's mom was super pretty and young-looking. They just seem like a nice, un-skeleton-y family to marry into.

• Love 16
21 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I started watching post-Nick.  So he was on Bachelorette twice, then BiP, then was The Bachelor? Egads. 

So it's not a hard rule, but a decent bet that no one on BiP will lead the show in the future?  Just as well -- the only guy in the cast I'd be interested in seeing is Eric.

• Love 2
(edited)

The usual rules don't apply anymore.  They didn't repeat a lead until they did Brad Womack a 2nd time.  Ben Flajnik was the first #2 to go on to be lead.  They started recycling with him.  Emily was the first #1 to break the engagement then go on to get her own lead spot.  Juan Pablo was the first lead to NOT be in the top 5 of his contestant season.  It was 5 years between Arie being #2, and then being a lead.   Nick was the first contestant to be on 2 following seasons, Andi's then Kaitlyns, go to Paradise, then get a lead spot.  

I know there are more examples, but there really are no more hard-and-fast rules about who gets selected for what show and what spot when.  The producers go for whatever is going to get people to tune in and make them money.  The whole franchise has been a massive cash cow from day 1, and nothing the show or contestants do will change that.  

Edited by leighdear
See Chocolatine's corrections below. Obviously she's sober!
  • Love 4

Yeah, I was pretty sure my dudes were out of sequence but was too lazy to Wiki any of those losers to get real accuracy......*LOL*  I think the rest are right.  And most importantly, Nick Viall is a complete worthless tool!  ;-)

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/18/2018 at 7:47 PM, DEL901 said:

He really won people over on BIP.

Only the gullible.  He's a scammer extroidinaire.    “The journey for love continues off the show,” Viall, 37, told PEOPLE at the unveiling of The Bachelor slot machines at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Friday," from a May '18 online PEOPLE article.   For some reason Nick and the Bachelor producers can't keep their hands off each other.

Edited by Former Nun
Added PEOPLE comment
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/22/2018 at 1:22 AM, Former Nun said:

For some reason Nick and the Bachelor producers can't keep their hands off each other.

Because Nick made great tv.  the finale with Andi where he dropped a grenade on her reputation, the early sex with Kaitlyn, the feud with Shawn, the baiting of Josh in paradise, it was all excellent TV.  Much better than obvious fake BS like Jordan/David feud or Corinne’s nonsense. 

The thing I struggle with most is that he is still trashing Taylor calling her immature when he has a chance.  When sby all accounts, he is a terrible judge of maturity.  

Edited by fib
you know. spelling matters.
  • Love 2
On 7/22/2018 at 2:22 AM, Former Nun said:

Only the gullible.  He's a scammer extroidinaire.    “The journey for love continues off the show,” Viall, 37, told PEOPLE at the unveiling of The Bachelor slot machines at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Friday," from a May '18 online PEOPLE article.   For some reason Nick and the Bachelor producers can't keep their hands off each other.

It's a very skanky, co-dependent relationship.  

• Love 2

Lucky for us, she picked the neediest, most emotionally unstable, stage-5 clinger of the bunch to take to the finale. 

He's likely to pull a Nick and cry & whine onstage how he & Becca did "finacee type stuff", and now he's shamed and crushed.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I know I'm not the  viewer towards whom this show is marketed, but wtf is this shit about being "in your head?". I first heard it (endlessly) from Ari & Lauren and now  Becca & final 3. The phrase doesn't show up on Urban Dictionary, so are we taking  vocabulary  cues from inarticulate Bach. contestants? 

Edited by telemachus2
Typo
  • Love 3

@telemachus2, I had to ask the same question a few season's ago.  I think it just means you're unable to be in the moment because you're distracted by something you're worried over.  "There's something on my mind," must have shifted to, "I'm in my head," at some point.  When Becca says it, I  picture her rattling around in a big empty space, where,  to use another fairly new phrase, there's just no there, there. 

Remember when we all thought Lauren was the most boring girl ever?

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Remember when we all thought Lauren was the most boring girl ever?

HA!  I dunno... Becca at least talks.

That said, she and Garrett together are more boring than the sum of how boring they each are separately. When she looks into his eyes (one at a time because they're about a half inch too far apart), she crosses some kind of Tedium Event Horizon and nothing of interest can escape the singularity of inanity.

Hmmmm.... I may have talked myself into agreeing...

• Love 17
3 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

I know I'm not the  viewer towards whom this show is marketed, but wtf is this shit about being "in your head?". I first heard it (endlessly) from Ari & Lauren and now  Becca & final 3. The phrase doesn't show up on Urban Dictionary, so are we taking  vocabulary  cues from inarticulate Bach. contestants? 

This is Bachelor trope just like “journey” and “Right Reasons” and “Wrong Reasons.” And another one that they ALL say that drives me crazy is “At the end of the day...” meaning “furthermore.” But to answer your question... Obviously this show doesn’t want anyone to stop for a moment and THINK about how insane this whole process is, so whenever anyone has any doubts about the relationship or starts pulling back, they’re promptly labeled as “being in their head” and the lead is expected to pull them out of thinking and to just follow their heart not their head. This is bad advice and the reason why most of these couples don’t last, lol. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

whenever anyone has any doubts about the relationship or starts pulling back, they’re promptly labeled as “being in their head” and the lead is expected to pull them out of thinking and to just follow their heart not their head.

In other words, start kissing them deeply and rubbing up against them..... as "heart" is a euphemism for some other parts of the body :)

• Love 2

What bugs me is that they seem to use "in my/your head" as a bad thing. Isn't it good to be actually thinking about this process? But I guess it's more, stop thinking to yourself and talk every thought you have out so the whole world can hear it. Being "in your head" is bad for this show because it means you aren't verbalizing. So yeah, kids, stop thinking and start touching each other. That is how you find your "true love" of about 2-10 months.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

What bugs me is that they seem to use "in my/your head" as a bad thing. Isn't it good to be actually thinking about this process?

I thought "in your head" didn't mean thinking, but overthinking, as in you think of one little thing that could possibly go wrong & then you work yourself into a tizzy over it.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought "in your head" didn't mean thinking, but overthinking, as in you think of one little thing that could possibly go wrong & then you work yourself into a tizzy over it.

This. And a second meaning is if you are having trouble paying attention to whatever you're doing at the moment - like a conversation you're having with someone, or an activity - because you are too busy thinking about something else.

Thinking is good, but overthinking isn't because it often leads to rationalizations that result in poor decisions.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

This is Bachelor trope just like “journey” and “Right Reasons” and “Wrong Reasons.” And another one that they ALL say that drives me crazy is “At the end of the day...” meaning “furthermore.” But to answer your question... Obviously this show doesn’t want anyone to stop for a moment and THINK about how insane this whole process is, so whenever anyone has any doubts about the relationship or starts pulling back, they’re promptly labeled as “being in their head” and the lead is expected to pull them out of thinking and to just follow their heart not their head. This is bad advice and the reason why most of these couples don’t last, lol. 

And let's not forget the new one for Becca's season.  "I'm not going to lie..."

• Love 3
On 7/27/2018 at 7:19 AM, Kendra143 said:

Where are the spoilers??

Even before Becca's first show was broadcast I read the name of the guy she selected.  I didn't want to write anything here...because no one else had.  I thought maybe it was "too much spoiler."  Anyway, she can't possibly last with the one she chose--such a weird "romance."  A weird family too.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Wings said:

If you are asking F1 is Garrett.  

oh yeah, I've known this forever. Kind of why I stopped watching after the first couple episodes. Not my type :)

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, MV713 said:

Looking forward to Blake's self- combustion when he isn't chosen - because he really loves Becca, like really really loves her... a lot.

He does? I'm shocked! How did I totally miss that? lololololol Seriously, he better be on suicide watch at the final rose ceremony. haha

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

He does? I'm shocked! How did I totally miss that? lololololol Seriously, he better be on suicide watch at the final rose ceremony. haha

Psychological professionals WILL be standing by with narcotics, binkies, blankies, cookies and his mommy.   

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Psychological professionals WILL be standing by with narcotics, binkies, blankies, cookies and his mommy.   

That is pretty much exactly how I get through each episode of this show. lol

• Love 15

I started to feel a little sorry for Blake, knowing  just how hard he took his last break-up and how much more he says he loves Becca than he did the other woman with whom he actually had a long, exclusive, real life  relationship -- and then -- wait -- I remember how fickle that makes him seem and what a gigantic ego he must have to go on this show where one man wins and 27 go home with a broken heart.  In fact it makes me wonder if the reason Blake suffers so much from rejection is that he just cannot believe anyone would pass him over for anyone else.  After all, he played football in high-school and he dips a lot when he dances.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MV713 said:

Looking forward to Blake's self- combustion when he isn't chosen - because he really loves Becca, like really really loves her... a lot.

He really creeps me out. Garrett to me just seems dim, but generally kind of harmless. Blake has major possessive-boyfriend vibes about him and I think he will react VERY badly. Hopefully he chills out when he's in the real world. 

• Love 1

Garrett and Becca are pretty perfect for each other. Both kinda dull, kinda dumb, and both really into Becca. To be honest, I think they're kinda cute together. He gets all smiley and she gets giggly when they're together.

I wonder if they'll make it? Kinda rooting for the two.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Garrett and Becca are pretty perfect for each other. Both kinda dull, kinda dumb, and both really into Becca.

LOL you just made my day :)

• Love 4

I didn't even bother watching MTA.  None of those guys matter, except for the one that will probably be picked as next Bachelor.  I never like Jerry Springer, so I always bypass these pile-ons.

I don't care what Becca has to say, since everything is a smokescreen to disguise her choice.  

I always wonder though how many folks in that audience read Reality Steve and know she picks Garrett.  It must be REALLY tempting to shout it out, even knowing it would be edited & you'd be dragged out by security!  *LOL*

• Love 5
(edited)

i didn’t watch  MTA either.  I skipped several episodes as well.  I popped in here to see who the next bachelor might be.   No. word from RS?  He better get a wiggle on or he will be scooped.    No way will they have a virgin lead, ever.  Too creepy for me anyway.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2

There's always more time between the end of the Bachelorette season and announcing the new Bachelor.  It's the new Bachelorette that usually gets identified at the ATFR episode.  

Our new guy usually is revealed after Paradise.   Arie was announced the beginning of September, and Nick was announced on the finale of that ridiculous After Paradise show.  I hope they NEVER o that show again. 

We've got some time. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Per RS today....

I don’t see Colton and Wills being serious contenders for the “Bachelor.” I think this is down Jason, Blake, and Ben Higgins. We’ll see. We’ve still got a month before this announcement, and considering what they’ve pulled off the last two seasons, we can’t even try to pretend we know what they’re thinking.

I will NOT be happy with Ben Higgins! 

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 10