Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Not sure what the issue is.  Lincoln committed Indecent Assault and Battery.   This is nothing like Garrett's Like-Gate.

Definitely didn’t mean to make a joke of what Lincoln did, but just moreso making the joke about our own Bachelor Nation outrage. If we were all in a tizzy over Garrett’s “likes,” then how do we express the magnitude of a REAL crime?

• Love 9

Becca has every reason to be upset that they cast a man who has assaulted women.  At some point she will have to send Lincoln home, which could trigger his anger, or, if he makes it as far as the Fantasy date, she would be alone  with him.  There's every reason to be afraid of him, he not only has a history of assaulting women, we've seen how manipulative he can be with his tearful, "I felt threatened," routine that Becca and many others fell for.

My thoughts exactly. ABC failed Becca here and put her at risk. They owe her a public apology on the couch at The Men Tell All.  

I honestly don't think they vet these guys at all. I think that's an urban legend that we assumed with zero proof. In fact, this is proof that they don't do anything.   I heard that once picked they have to take a medical test for STDs.  But Becca practically signs her life away contract-wise so I'm sure she has no legal recourse.  

IMO, Lincoln's assault puts Garrett's meme liking in perspective. I'm not saying that this absolves Garrett; it's just that there are worse things to save your outrage for. Like this. 

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I still don't give Garrett a pass. Just because he happened to be cast on a season where at least one other contestant is a violent criminal doesn't make his social-media activity any more palatable. I don't stack-rank the contestants against each other - because that bar is very low to begin with - I hold them all to the same standard of human decency.

+1

38 minutes ago, Token said:

But what's this rumour about Alex too?

Which one is Alex and what's the rumor?

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Token said:

So Lincoln is convicted of assault.  Well, that's some great vetting there, show.  But what's this rumour about Alex too?

Exactly!  What's the deal with Alex and his obvious rage issues?  Unless the tabs are completely wrong about his story, they screwed Becca X 2.  

There's some serious negligence in this situation.  It is NOT going to be pretty in the end.   

• Love 4

I'm surprised Reality Steve didn't mention that at all.  Not as serious as Lincoln, but bad stuff keeps cropping up in this crap season, one issue after another.  

Becca's cursed.  Arie dodged a bullet.  ;-)

• Love 6

Re: Alex's victim, "Nappo was friends with a woman Templeman was dating at the time."  Wow just the attitude you want in a Bachelorette contestant where twenty some guys are dating your girlfriend.  Alex broke the guy's eye socket!

• Love 7

Since Lincoln gets all the way to episode 6* and seems to be featured pretty prominently (in a not so flattering way during the debate), I wonder how ABC will address the situation.  Will they do a re-edit or add disclaimers?   I’m curious how they will spin this.  

*according to Reality Steve

• Love 3

It seems like ABC has really been torturing Becca.

- They fly her idiot ex to wherever they were at the end of Arie's season (Peru?) to try to mess things up

- They film Arie dumping her and won't just let him out afterwards

- During ATFR, they let Arie propose to Lauren right there in front of everyone while Becca had to have been standing offstage someplace

- They don't bother to vet Becca's bachelors, and now two of them turn out to be violent asswipes (well... one of them is... Lincoln poops on the floor)

Becca seems perfectly nice.  Why is ABC angry with her?

• Love 16

ABC has already stated that they didn't know about Lincoln, he lied on his application, it was the 3rd party background check people, blah, blah, blah....

They screwed the pooch.  Plain & simple.  No excuses, no blaming other people, no scapegoats.  THEY.FUCK$D.UP.

I don't think ABC is angry at Becca at all.  She is a tool.  A commodity.  The focus of their way to make money & ratings.  She's not a real person to them, so she doesn't matter.  They can't be bothered to care, because she is just the central point in a group of stories they are making up for the season. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, leighdear said:

ABC has already stated that they didn't know about Lincoln, he lied on his application, it was the 3rd party background check people, blah, blah, blah....

They screwed the pooch.  Plain & simple.  No excuses, no blaming other people, no scapegoats.  THEY.FUCK$D.UP.

I don't think ABC is angry at Becca at all.  She is a tool.  A commodity.  The focus of their way to make money & ratings.  She's not a real person to them, so she doesn't matter.  They can't be bothered to care, because she is just the central point in a group of stories they are making up for the season. 

I don't literally think ABC hates Becca. I think it's more their indifference and incompetence combined into a perfect storm with Becca sitting in the middle.

I'm giving ABC a pass on the Lincoln floor pooping thing. That didn't really come out until he was announced and was already off to film, and is so weird it's hard to imagine anyone looking for it anyway. But the rest of that stuff... I think ABC owes Becca an apology.  A second one, really, although I guess making her the Bachelorette was their olive branch for how shitty they all treated her last season.

Maybe before next season, ABC can hire the people who did my background check at my last job.  They discovered an inconsistency on my birth date between my driver's license and my social security account. I'm confident they would have found if I had been arrested for sexual assault within the last two years.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

I don't literally think ABC hates Becca. I think it's more their indifference and incompetence combined into a perfect storm with Becca sitting in the middle.

Yeah, they don't love or hate any of them. They just don't actually care about them either way. They are all replaceable. And yet these people put their lives in TIIC's hands (I don't say ABC because ABC has no contact with these morons at all. They, the individuals aren't a blip on ABC's radar. It's the showrunners who should be vetting these contestants and concerned about their safety.

The falling out of bed incident shows where the show's priorities are. Don't worry about the safety of having someone who is not used to sleeping in a bunk bed, and is probably used to at least a queen if not king bed where they can move around, sleeping that high up without any barrier. No, that would affect the camera's ability to catch them drooling in their sleep.

These people have signed themselves up to be lab rats. More and more I hate that I participate in this mess. More and more I wonder why I do?

2 hours ago, phlebas said:

I'm giving ABC a pass on the Lincoln floor pooping thing.

The poop thing doesn't bother me, well, the actual incident does, but that he got on the show despite having pooped on the floor doesn't. It's silly and fairly harmless and could indicate someone who would make "good tv" because they are weird and unpredictable. The sexual assault, OTOH. Holy fuck how did they let that pass? That is dangerous. Especially after the shitstorm with Paradise. That is violence, against a woman and you are putting him up as a great match? For a woman?

• Love 8
21 hours ago, phlebas said:

It seems like ABC has really been torturing Becca.

- They fly her idiot ex to wherever they were at the end of Arie's season (Peru?) to try to mess things up

- They film Arie dumping her and won't just let him out afterwards

- During ATFR, they let Arie propose to Lauren right there in front of everyone while Becca had to have been standing offstage someplace

- They don't bother to vet Becca's bachelors, and now two of them turn out to be violent asswipes (well... one of them is... Lincoln poops on the floor)

Becca seems perfectly nice.  Why is ABC angry with her?

I don't think they hate her - I think they love amping up the drama.   They love when they can present someone as the lead who deserves a chance at love, and then weave a story portraying that same person as a villain. They WANT Becca to choose someone with skeletons in his closet, so another guy can be the poor good guy sap who was rejected, (by Becca the bitch) and then give HIM a chance at love. 

Follow the story they told with Arie. Poor heart-broken Ari, never recovered from being rejected by Emily , and Arie deserved a chance at finding love - until he became the villain who proposed, then wavered, then broke Becca's heart.  So Becca becomes the "poor heart-broken Becca", until SHE breaks someone's heart.  Then THAT guy becomes "poor heart-broken (blake?) who had his heart broken by Becca who chose some evil undeserving asshole over him.  

and so on.

• Love 6

I watch it to reflect on my (mostly) good life choices, my non-sleazy wardrobe, my ability to hold a conversation without using the word "Like" 16 times in 3 sentences, and to feel a bit smug overall.   ;-)

• Love 14

To me it's almost like a long-term anthropological study. I've lived in several countries and have met all sorts of people, but never anyone like the people who go on this show. I often find myself watching someone like Corinne, Krystal, Jordan, etc., and questioning how we can both be from the same species.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I watch it to reflect on my (mostly) good life choices, my non-sleazy wardrobe, my ability to hold a conversation without using the word "Like" 16 times in 3 sentences, and to feel a bit smug overall.   ;-)

Good points. Except for the 'like' thing since I'm admittedly a 'like' over-user.

But in general yea watching this show does make one feel better about themselves lol. 

• Love 2
On 2018-06-04 at 7:14 PM, leighdear said:

And now we know that it's David who falls out of a bunk bed at the mansion & has to be taken to the hospital.....If ONLY he'd had on his chicken suit, the feathers might have padded his landing.  

On 2018-06-06 at 8:34 AM, JudyObscure said:

Once again, I accidently spoiled myself  (I was replying to Leighdear on the media thread, saw her name and clicked this by mistake.)  Garrett.  I can't believe it.  She could have chosen Jason the corporate banker who looks like a young Al Pacino, but she chooses the sales rep with the big, forced looking grin and a mean spirit.   Becca may be a feminist but she has stated her love for hunting and fishing and the type of man who goes in for all that so she may lean right when it comes to issues like gun control -- and big, hulking  macho guys.   Sorry, Garrett is so not my type, I can't even be fair to him.

I knew that I wasn't crazy about Becca but I did feel sympathy over Arie. She is definitely not the kind of person I would choose to spend any time with, whether I went to school with her or was a co-worker. She's just not very interesting, has an extremely limited vocabulary, and has a definite weakness for jocks. I would pick all nerds myself, and maybe a few musicians (my guilty pleasure). So many of the men she keeps are just meh and fungible.

On 2018-06-06 at 12:09 PM, Mabinogia said:

No matter what you say, what terminology you use, you're going to offend someone since we aren't clones and no two people will have the same reaction. It's a mine field these days. I do agree there is a big difference between a person who just isn't sure what term to use and someone who is an ignorant racist/sexist/etcist. It's all in the tone. Unfortunately we now live in a world where most people don't communicate face to face so tone is completely lost. When writing a post I often wonder how it will come across to other people. I'm very sarcastic and that is hard to pull off as well in type.

Yeah, I sometimes think I'm rude too and go back to find I wasn't as snarky as I thought. Always a relief. As long as we don't assume that we are speaking for most people on this forum (like ChrisSNitch or Chicken Dave), then I think we can safely navigate these political waters. Always safer to use our "hearts" as a sign of our intentions. If nobody likes your posts, that's a sign, I think.

On 2018-06-07 at 2:48 PM, TheFinalRose said:

I never watch unspoiled.  It is so much more fun watching them edit the winner into the background and then try and fake you out that the #2 is going the whole way.  Best season to be spoiled was Emily's since Jef was not a big deal for a real long time. 

I wasn't going to be spoiled for this one, until I fell asleep during most of the third episode. It was like watching paint dry. I woke up and then had to fast forward thru the Kim/Trump crap. Then there was something about football - yawn - fell asleep again, saw something about blood but the entire accident was mostly reaction shots from the bachelors, and I kept wondering if I had fallen asleep thru the cocktail party and rose ceremony. If it wasn't for Previously TV, I would never have known that they stretched it out over two episodes.

On 2018-06-15 at 9:46 AM, Mabinogia said:

Yeah, they don't love or hate any of them. They just don't actually care about them either way. They are all replaceable. And yet these people put their lives in TIIC's hands (I don't say ABC because ABC has no contact with these morons at all. They, the individuals aren't a blip on ABC's radar. It's the showrunners who should be vetting these contestants and concerned about their safety.

The falling out of bed incident shows where the show's priorities are. Don't worry about the safety of having someone who is not used to sleeping in a bunk bed, and is probably used to at least a queen if not king bed where they can move around, sleeping that high up without any barrier. No, that would affect the camera's ability to catch them drooling in their sleep.

I did think that the show really did love Emily though. She made more money, I think had a more expensive wardrobe and a lot of say about filming locations. Becca looks like she will roll over and do whatever they say without much resistance. I don't see Chris Harrison even trying to pretend that they have a warm relationship, like he usually does with the Bachelorettes. Not saying that he dislikes her, but that he finds her dull as dishwater.

As for the bunk bed "incident" - well, it reminds me of when my son rolled off his bunk bed and fell onto the carpet vacuum that I had unwisely left in his bedroom as his dad and I rushed off for dinner and a movie. It had never occurred to me that our babysitter would not know enough to place the protective bar in place at bedtime. We rushed him to ER because he was a little confused when he woke up - we thought he might have a concussion after hitting his head on the vacuum. He was fine, but I felt a little guilty. Of course, he was ELEVEN, not in his 20s/30s. I don't care what bed you normally sleep in, what adult falls out of any bed? It's a basic survival instinct. Unless there is some health issue that involves balance or perception. Makes me a little suspicious that something else happened. Anyway, I lost any affection for Chicken Dave after he relentlessly went after Jordan. It was like aiming a bazooka at a peacock. So I do like to think that Dave got what he deserved and laughed loudly when Jordan drilled the wooden bars into place. Definitely producer prodding (and tool and bar providing) but Jordan did it with humour, we didn't see any nasty comments like we've seen in the past. Too bad Becca isn't keeping him until the end. Wills is probably my favourite at this point but he is definitely much too interesting for Becca, so I would like my peacock to stick around instead of the football players. I am rooting for Wills as the next Bachelor.

• Love 2
On 6/12/2018 at 4:05 PM, leighdear said:

Here's a tab report about Alex.  One of the trashier mags of course, but it gives the gist.  And drags the Lincoln weirdness into the mix.....

https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/alex-from-the-bachelorette-159614

What is the deal with that photo in the article?  I detest mirror selfies because the subject is always looking in the wrong place and holding the phone up looks sooooo stupid.  But this one takes it to a new level.  Apparently the only mirror he has is in the bathroom, but couldn't he pose so that the toilet wasn't quite so prominent, and maybe close the lid?  And the air conditioner vent right at the foot of the toilet?  Your foot is on it when using the toilet? 

The only good thing I can find is that I think he may be a conscientious flosser, to judge from all the specks on the mirror.

The photo credit is instagram, and he took it himself, so I 'm assuming he posted this mess himself.  I just don't get it because one of the knocks on social media is that everybody's "spinning" their lives like mad for public consumption, but then we have this.  I'm certainly not jealous of him.

• Love 5

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5860915/Bachelorette-2018-Garrett-Yrigoyens-ex-wife-Kayla-Cunningham.html

I am including this story here as it includes spoilers.  Since Garrett mentioned his ex wife last  night, and marriage and divorce are public record, it was a matter of time before someone pulled up his ex wife's name.  His ex wife wasn't on the show to defend herself and I think it was in poor taste to state (and to air) that she was emotionally abusive. She isn't some random ex, and everyone who watches could figure out who she was.  Even if she was emotionally abusive, save that story for the fantasy suite date, and just give the standard PR answer that she wasn't right for him and he found out too late.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Earlfor1 said:

Even if she was emotionally abusive, save that story for the fantasy suite date, and just give the standard PR answer that she wasn't right for him and he found out too late.

While my dear husband and I were watching this together, we both had the same question (that may've been asked elsewhere, but bears repeating):

How could they have been together for 18 months before getting married and have no idea about this abusive side until after the wedding?  It's not like they were set up on the Proposal or anything and compelled to marry in hours.....

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, b2H said:

While my dear husband and I were watching this together, we both had the same question (that may've been asked elsewhere, but bears repeating):

How could they have been together for 18 months before getting married and have no idea about this abusive side until after the wedding?  It's not like they were set up on the Proposal or anything and compelled to marry in hours.....

Unfortunately, I dated someone for about the same length of time who was very emotionally abusive. You can be aware of it, but convinced that you can "help" them or that by committing to them fully, they will finally trust and appreciate you. I thankfully never got close to marrying him, but I can easily see how Garrett ended up in the same situation. It makes even more sense that two months in he realized she would never change and that marriage fixes nothing. No idea what his ex is like and not saying that's definitely what happened, but I can easily see how its possible. 

• Love 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Unfortunately, I dated someone for about the same length of time who was very emotionally abusive. You can be aware of it, but convinced that you can "help" them or that by committing to them fully, they will finally trust and appreciate you. I thankfully never got close to marrying him, but I can easily see how Garrett ended up in the same situation. It makes even more sense that two months in he realized she would never change and that marriage fixes nothing. No idea what his ex is like and not saying that's definitely what happened, but I can easily see how its possible. 

I am sorry that you went through this.  I did also. It was a three year relationship with someone who was emotionally abusive.  I even went to therapy at the end of the relationship because I thought it was my fault somehow.  I wanted to learn from that relationship before I began another.  I would not have had the strength to leave him if it were not for therapy.  Since I don't know what exactly happened between Garrett and his ex wife, I will say that there were some red flags in regards to his story.  Unless there was some major intervention after the wedding, that pattern usually continues well into the marriage and he would have had a hard time ending his marriage because of his "bloodline" and shame for his disillusioned matrimony.  

Secondly, I really hope that he and Becca attend therapy.  If not, there will be baggage in this relationship (social media, failed engagement and marriage).  I don't want to project my experiences unto them, but in the end, I want all parties to be happy.  There are too many issues between them right now that need to be resolved by a professional.

Edited by Earlfor1
  • Love 2

Feeling for Becca with this Garrett social media thing. I’ve been dating a guy for a little bit who added me on Facebook way too early and he shares some seriously stupid memes. Nothing immediately worth breaking up over like Garrett’s would have been for me, but it’s hard to reconcile the sweet guy who calls me all the time and is so nice in person with the guy who over-memes “funny” garbage.  It’s made me question who he is as a person and if he’s the right one for me, and we haven’t been through The Bachelor pressure cooker.

Good heavens I hate social media sometimes. The lack of judgment from what would likely be otherwise decent people is astounding. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, kalibean said:

Good heavens I hate social media sometimes. The lack of judgment from what would likely be otherwise decent people is astounding. 

I agree with that so much I want to copy and paste it and forward it to everyone on my … oh wait.

Seriously.  I'm not on Facebook, Linked-in, Twitter, or anything really but this and another, even smaller,  message board.  Yet, just from family members, we get e-mails everylday made up of some of the lamest jokes and political remarks imaginable.  We've had to direct my husband's oldest sister's mail  permanently to spam.  Why?  Why do people assume everyone else shares their political views?  Why do they think we've never heard that ancient joke?  Why do they think we want to read the thirty ways to tell if you're getting older?  My brother actually got mad at me for not answering this crap.  I informed him that if I see that the message is forwarded, I don't feel the need to respond and he just doesn't buy that.  He has an IQ in the 140's and forwards things that a ten year old would roll his eyes over.

I blame the ease of the forward button for most of this junk.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 6:20 PM, leighdear said:

You really have to wonder how anybody is going to be able to stay unspoiled. 

I was unspoiled until right now.  I was so happy to finally be unspoiled for once, but Becca is just so...damn....zzzzzz....oh sorry, BORING, that I can't watch this anymore, so I figured I might as well see how the "damn thing" ends.

For all the people who say she has a "fun" personality, I have to wonder where she is hiding it, because I don't see a fun bone in her body. 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I was unspoiled until right now.  I was so happy to finally be unspoiled for once, but Becca is just so...damn....zzzzzz....oh sorry, BORING, that I can't watch this anymore, so I figured I might as well see how the "damn thing" ends.

For all the people who say she has a "fun" personality, I have to wonder where she is hiding it, because I don't see a fun bone in her body. 

I've said she was a dud since the beginning.  Her daddy issues and Arie fixation just don't stop coming up.  She has as many red flags as Garret does.  But maybe that makes them perfect for each other.  

27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I had a hard time believing his divorce story. But then I felt bad about not believing that his ex was abusive towards him. 

And she counters with him being the emotionally abusive one to her.  Of course, that info's from a trash-tab "interview" over on the media thread, so another grain of salt is required for that one. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I had a hard time believing his divorce story. But then I felt bad about not believing that his ex was abusive towards him. 

And she counters with him being the emotionally abusive one to her.  Of course, that info's from a trash-tab "interview" over on the media thread, so another grain of salt is required for that one. 

Ah, they probably both sucked. lol 

• Love 8

I like Becca. Glad to see her so happy with Garrett (although I don't get it); it's fun to see her actually giddy. I give her a pass on the daddy thing (he died of brain cancer when she was younger --- she gets a lifetime pass for that) and the Arie thing (if you don't get a break after living through that horrible, set-up, filmed breakup what do you have to endure to earn the viewer's sympathy?)  Now I just feel bad for Blake cuz he's coming on strong with her .. picking out kids' names together. His heartbreak is going to be hard to watch.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Now I just feel bad for Blake cuz he's coming on strong with her .. picking out kids' names together. His heartbreak is going to be hard to watch.

Maybe he's being set up as the next bachelor. It seems to be the pattern that the one who got their heart broken the most gets the lead for the next season.

• Love 3
On 6/19/2018 at 2:18 PM, SallyAlbright said:

It makes even more sense that two months in he realized she would never change and that marriage fixes nothing.

Yes, that's unfortunate, because everybody knows it's a baby that fixes everything.

Oh well.  It led him to winning on The Bachelorette, so it's all good.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Garrett's wedding video ... enjoy!

Vows that reference the crotches of the people on Naked And Afraid - yes, that was about as tacky as I would expect from Garrett.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Wows that reference the crotches of the people on Naked And Afraid - yes, that was about as tacky as I would expect from Garrett.

just goes to show that writing your own wedding vows is not always a great idea.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I'll love you long after you're gone ... gone ... gone (like, uh, two months later).

love her dress. not a fan of the hair... anyways, i see this and just think how sad and what a waste of cash! i think hes full of baloney 

• Love 10

Those were the most awkward vows ever spoken! YIKES! Neither of them could seem to get them right, probably because they were so bad, like a rom com parody of what writing your own vows would be. 

I did like the dress though. Best thing about the wedding. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Wow. Did they decide to write their vows at the last minute?

Kayla does kind of look like Becca. and if you go to about 3:09 on the video, I could totally see this being Becca and Garrett if she decides to stay with him.

yirgoyen2015.jpg

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2018-06-19 at 12:55 PM, Earlfor1 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5860915/Bachelorette-2018-Garrett-Yrigoyens-ex-wife-Kayla-Cunningham.html

I am including this story here as it includes spoilers.  Since Garrett mentioned his ex wife last  night, and marriage and divorce are public record, it was a matter of time before someone pulled up his ex wife's name.  His ex wife wasn't on the show to defend herself and I think it was in poor taste to state (and to air) that she was emotionally abusive. She isn't some random ex, and everyone who watches could figure out who she was.  Even if she was emotionally abusive, save that story for the fantasy suite date, and just give the standard PR answer that she wasn't right for him and he found out too late.

Thanks for the link, EARLFOR1. I was pretty shocked too that Garrett would say that in front of the cameras. Besides being in poor taste, I believe he could be sued for slander. He seems to be the kind of guy that blurts out inappropriate comments without thinking.

On 2018-06-19 at 5:02 PM, Earlfor1 said:

I am sorry that you went through this.  I did also. It was a three year relationship with someone who was emotionally abusive.  I even went to therapy at the end of the relationship because I thought it was my fault somehow.  I wanted to learn from that relationship before I began another.  I would not have had the strength to leave him if it were not for therapy.  Since I don't know what exactly happened between Garrett and his ex wife, I will say that there were some red flags in regards to his story.  Unless there was some major intervention after the wedding, that pattern usually continues well into the marriage and he would have had a hard time ending his marriage because of his "bloodline" and shame for his disillusioned matrimony.  

Secondly, I really hope that he and Becca attend therapy.  If not, there will be baggage in this relationship (social media, failed engagement and marriage).  I don't want to project my experiences unto them, but in the end, I want all parties to be happy.  There are too many issues between them right now that need to be resolved by a professional.

Yeah, I have my doubts too. He might have been the emotionally abusive partner, he seems to give off hints of it from time to time.

On 2018-06-20 at 3:47 PM, ByTor said:

I think that she doesn't have an original thought in her head. Unless she freezes in front of the camera. Whenever we have a silence in the conversation, she seems to inject fillers, such as whoooooo whooooo! and let's do the damn thing and several other instantly forgettable catchphrases. I would find it incredibly tiresome to spend more than 20 minutes in her company. She also seems to have a giant ego. All she had to do was say goodby to Blanc, and think how helpful it was for him to self-eliminate with his love reversal, instead of sulking over it and instantly cancelling the rest of the night's plans. Same with the cocktail party. Not fair to put Nick (Simon Baker) and Ryan (?) out the door without making a point to speak with them first. I personally would have kept hottie Nick over blackeyed Dave, this season's most annoying candidate.

On 2018-06-20 at 9:51 PM, TheFinalRose said:

I like Becca. Glad to see her so happy with Garrett (although I don't get it); it's fun to see her actually giddy. I give her a pass on the daddy thing (he died of brain cancer when she was younger --- she gets a lifetime pass for that) and the Arie thing (if you don't get a break after living through that horrible, set-up, filmed breakup what do you have to endure to earn the viewer's sympathy?)  Now I just feel bad for Blake cuz he's coming on strong with her .. picking out kids' names together. His heartbreak is going to be hard to watch.

Red flag, red flag - anyone talking to you about your potential children's names. On your first real date.

On 2018-06-21 at 11:05 AM, TheFinalRose said:

I'll love you long after you're gone ... gone ... gone (like, uh, two months later).

I actually enjoyed the wedding video - and I don't even find weddings very much fun! My, Garrett looked overcome with emotion - that was a lot of crying. How could Becca go ahead with a conventional wedding after that? You know she'll be comparing it afterwards. And Sept. 9, 2015 was such a short time ago. He obviously isn't ready to move on yet, even if he thinks he is, he's just so insincere. After watching the video, I thought he should be putting his efforts into reconciling with his ex-wife. They could have gone thru therapy. Just seems much too early.

Looked like a pretty white wedding though. Couldn't help but think about that when Garrett told Becca that he is the first of hi "bloodline" to get divorced. As noted above, both of them have a lot of baggage. I can't see a Becca and Garrett relationship lasting. I think Becca has hideous taste in men, all things considered.

I'm finding it interesting that all of the jerky guys have C names - Colton, Chris and Connor. Don't think it makes sense for Colton to make such a fuss about Jordan and his little golden shorts. Since Becca (producers) gave him the shorts, why would he think it was his duty to protect her from having a little fun? Even if she wants to get married tomorrow (quite likely), nothing wrong with having some fun by keeping Jordan around. I don't know if he is just saying what the producers tell him to, or if he is doing a little comedy routine of his own. Either way, he makes me laugh. A lot. What kind of jerk thinks he has to save a woman from a self-involved (male) model? He should be happy that keeping Jordan around means a potentially serious match is going home. Everyone here called Colton on what he was, usually in the first episode. I was initially swayed by his good looks. Oh well, I think he will have lost a good portion of his hair in the next two to three years. 

Edited by PreBabylonia
Fixing a mangled sentence
  • Love 6