Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

I was totally wrong as People magazine is running a story on Garrett's Instagram likes.   And Vanity Fair.  And Glamour.  And so on.

And silence from ABC.  Guess they can handle only one crisis at a time coughRoseannecough or they are just hoping it will all go away.  

• Love 6

Agreed, ABC is going to wait until the last possible moment, IF they have to acknowledge anything.  

You'd think by now these folks would know that you simply CANNOT.HIDE.ANYTHING.  If you've posted it, it WILL come out. 

Why are these people such idiots as to think they will be the only exceptions and they can sweep this stupid shit under the rug?  

• Love 6

I was already not looking forward to a season of Becca the boring.  I really can't stomach an entire season knowing she chooses some racist pig in the end.  Way to go ABC.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Why are these people such idiots as to think they will be the only exceptions and they can sweep this stupid shit under the rug?  

Its just crazy that he went on the show in February and set his Instagram to private but when he came back as an engaged dude, he turned it BACK TO PUBLIC without a care in the world.  Guess he wanted those instagram followers to roll on in.   What a dumbass

• Love 3
On 5/25/2018 at 8:11 AM, CindyBee said:

Trouble already for Becca and Garrett as he didn't delete his Instagram account before going on the show in February so all of his frankly homophobic, racist, sexist likes were screen capped for the masses to see and now are making their rounds on Reddit and Instagram.    Dumbass for not deleting the account and I'll keep what I think of him to myself as its not kind.   

What a mess as Becca surely knows about it.   I guess she'll stand by her man ala Jillian and Ed and his girlfriends but I can't see it being a happy Memorial day weekend for the couple.   

Oh mah god.  Is Becca going to have another “happy couples” weekend ruined.

lets not do the damned thing? 

Bad day for social media and TV people. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Oh mah god.  Is Becca going to have another “happy couples” weekend ruined.

lets not do the damned thing? 

Bad day for social media and TV people. 

Who’s #2? She can just switch to him. The precedent has been set. She can tell that congressman to allow Arie into Minnesota because—oops, my bad—sometimes switching to #2 is a good idea after all. 

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Who’s #2? She can just switch to him. The precedent has been set. She can tell that congressman to allow Arie into Minnesota because—oops, my bad—sometimes switching to #2 is a good idea after all. 

Blake is #2.   Jason is #3 and would be my personal choice to switch to.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 4
(edited)

You really have to wonder how anybody is going to be able to stay unspoiled.  With TMZ revealing the end, now all the brouhaha about Garrett's social media activity, people are still going to be asking "Why is HIS past such a big deal, unless he's her final pick"?  

That would be my question if I went into this unspoiled.  Lots of the contestants have little embarrassing/silly/stupid things dribble out during the course of the show, but this thing with Garrett is a pretty big deal.  That would signal to me that he was her new fiancee, otherwise the Legit press wouldn't even waste time with the story. 

We know the rags & online blogs cover all the crap, but Vanity Fair & Glamour? I think that signals a significant story. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5

So now I'm not excited AT ALL for this season. Who wants to watch her fall in love with a guy who is that much of an ass. 

Bekah tweeted this and she is right 100 percent. These aren't just jokes. The indicate his core belief system.

“Yooo you can say they’re ‘just memes’ but they’re just hateful, ignorant memes. the s— you like/follow on the internet IS a reflection of your deeper beliefs and values,” she tweeted. “If he doesn’ find truth in that ugly bulls—, why would he like/follow those kind of accounts?”

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Agreed, ABC is going to wait until the last possible moment, IF they have to acknowledge anything.  

You'd think by now these folks would know that you simply CANNOT.HIDE.ANYTHING.  If you've posted it, it WILL come out. 

I don’t think Garrett thought there was anything to hide.  Many agree with him, including some in government.  Most bigots are proud of their beliefs and see themselves as being “right.”  SM is loaded with racism and hate.  Another example today is Roseanne. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 11
(edited)
18 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I did look him up, but I just can't remember him at all from the ep. Did he do anything interesting?

15 minutes ago, leighdear said:

You really have to wonder how anybody is going to be able to stay unspoiled.  With TMZ revealing the end, now all the brouhaha about Garrett's social media activity, people are still going to be asking "Why is HIS past such a big deal, unless he's her final pick"?  

I think the Lee thing was everywhere too and he wasn't a finalist, so I don't think that alone will spoil it. But I think the mainstream media spoils most seasons anyway so eventually they will probably reveal he's F1.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, leighdear said:

But to go on the show in the first place, they have to believe they're going to be the exception to the rule.  So just more of the same.

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

So now I'm not excited AT ALL for this season. Who wants to watch her fall in love with a guy who is that much of an ass.

I'm not sure I'll watch this season, but it won't be because she falls in love with such an ass.  Who knows...I might actually enjoy it because I just can't work up a ton of respect for reality TV people.  And with Becca in particular, she was treated so heinously be the show, I still can't believe she handed her life over to them again.

And there's every chance it's just confirmation bias on my part, but I saw sparks flying with Garrett from the get-go.  That was fun.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I did look him up, but I just can't remember him at all from the ep. Did he do anything interesting?

I think the Lee thing was everywhere too and he wasn't a finalist, so I don't think that alone will spoil it. But I think the mainstream media spoils most seasons anyway so eventually they will probably reveal he's F1.

I didn’t remember seeing him either.  I watched some scenes again and kept an eye peeled.  I think I did see him briefly but his name was not mentioned. 

• Love 1

I just looked at the guys' pictures.  Did they all go to the same dentist and stylist?  So many of them are really interchangeable.  And very few to my taste, sadly.  Even cute Joe.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, leighdear said:

My friend was trying to stay unspoiled this year. Didn't work.

13 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I was excited, because I really liked Becca, so this really pisses me off. I was going to be a "right reasons" viewer this season. I should have known better.

• Love 4
(edited)

Every year I hope RS has been given the wrong F1.  Not for any reason other I want the shocking finale that we have been promised every damn season!  This time I want him to be wrong because Garrett is a bigot.   Never happen.  sigh

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6

Amy Kaufman who writes about the Bachelor shows for the LA Times has reached out to both ABC and Warner Brothers TV and neither is willing to say anything bout the likes on Garrett's Instagram.

I guess they are just planning on showing the season as is and hope by August when he's down on one knee that we all have short term memory and have totally forgotten about that.   Hopefully Amy and others in the media will keep up the pressure and some sort of acknowledgement is made but I won't hold my breathe.   

• Love 4

I don't see why ABC should have to say anything about him. He isn't doing anything illegal or technically wrong. He's liked some mean posts, he wasn't the only one who clicked like on any of those. His "likes" might make him a sexist jerk but he still wouldn't be the worst person ever to be on this show. He's just not PC.  They have no obligation to only accept good, kind hearted, loving people on the show. Not like he drugged and molested her in the hot tub, or allowed two people to get so drunk they may have had less than consensual sex, he hasn't even threatened physical violence to anyone yet. He's got a LONG way to go before he becomes the worst person they've had on the show. (though technically the first one, the roofie molester wasn't technically ON the show, she was hired by the production team. If anything, it's the production team that should make a statement, not ABC who is just airing this show and has nothing at all to do with Garrett's personal meme preferences.

• Love 8
On 5/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, leighdear said:

Jordan was hilarious.  He's SO into himself, he's the male version of Krystal, from Arie's season.   I can't wait it his voice goes all breathy!

I don't buy that Colton hasn't done the deed yet.  Or at least had his pipe smoked by a drunk sorority girl.  I just don't see that "hook" as attractive to anybody other than very serious conservative Christians, and I don't think they watch this show, much less go on it.  My opinion, of course. 

Anal doesn’t count, right?

• Love 3
On 5/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, leighdear said:

I don't buy that Colton hasn't done the deed yet.  Or at least had his pipe smoked by a drunk sorority girl.  I just don't see that "hook" as attractive to anybody other than very serious conservative Christians, and I don't think they watch this show, much less go on it.  My opinion, of course. 

Wait. What?  Colton is a virgin?  

(edited)

The entire show happens in a bubble, we know that.  So all of the normal circumstances where a new couple can really learn about each other's views, habits and attitudes don't really happen.  At least not without a camera crew and producers right there guiding them. Yes, they occasionally get a little privacy, but not much.  So little of what they "learn" is real.

We never see them standing in line at the grocery checkout.  We never observe how he treats the guy who's changing the oil in his car.  We don't see how she deals with her manicurist.  No idea if she's a slob and he's a neatnik.  And he could be one of those guys who obnoxiously snaps his fingers at a waiter and orders for her when she doesn't want him to.  All they know are the words exchanged, not the reality behind them.   

Words that could be completely true, slight exaggerations or flat-out lies.    Because by the time the lead finds out what's REAL, they could be engaged to a total fraud. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 10
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Wait. What?  Colton is a virgin?  

Yes, it was in the preview footage. 

28 minutes ago, leighdear said:

The entire show happens in a bubble, we know that.  So all of the normal circumstances where a new couple can really learn about each other's views, habits and attitudes don't really happen.  At least not without a camera crew and producers right there guiding them. Yes, they occasionally get a little privacy, but not much.  So little of what they "learn" is real.

We never see them standing in line at the grocery checkout.  We never observe how he treats the guy who's changing the oil in his car.  We don't see how she deals with her manicurist.  No idea if she's a slob and he's a neatnik.  And he could be one of those guys who obnoxiously snaps his fingers at a waiter and orders for her when she doesn't want him to.  All they know are the words exchanged, not the reality behind them.   

Words that could be completely true, slight exaggerations or flat-out lies.    Because by the time the lead finds out what's REAL, they could be engaged to a total fraud. 

The proposal really says, let’s date and if it works we get the ring free!  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6

I’m disappointed in her response to his transphobic and racist likes.  I wonder if he wasn’t the F1 would she be so understanding.  Also she has the privilege of spouting off ‘respect different opinions ‘ since she doesn’t ever have to worry if that opinion will literally hurt her.

• Love 8

I’m sure that helps.  But I’m more amazed that anyone could be in that franchise and tell people to wait and “get to know them for who they really are.”  Are we supposed to suddenly forget that the show is edited to show us what the producers want to show?

• Love 3

There's very little she can say about the issue right now. She is contractually obligated to promote the show in a positive manner. The Show Must Go On and all that. She can't spoil her season and I am sure ABC public relations wrote her talking points.  At this point, ABC owns her. So don't expect anything controversial from her. 

I didn't like Garrett from the first glimpse anyway. So now this season feels like a bummer. Becca's journey seems like a bust already.

• Love 10
(edited)

I think it is safe to say this won't last.  The odds are against it, of course, and add a loaded political difference, no way. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, LBS said:

Also she has the privilege of spouting off ‘respect different opinions ‘ since she doesn’t ever have to worry if that opinion will literally hurt her.

Well, she IS a woman of childbearing years, so if our government goes all "Handmaid's Tale", then she'll be in for a crapload of grief, starting inher own home.

But I agree, there's just a vibe that they won't work out.  And I'm usually pretty optimistic.    

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I don't see why ABC should have to say anything about him. He isn't doing anything illegal or technically wrong. He's liked some mean posts, he wasn't the only one who clicked like on any of those. His "likes" might make him a sexist jerk but he still wouldn't be the worst person ever to be on this show. He's just not PC.  They have no obligation to only accept good, kind hearted, loving people on the show. Not like he drugged and molested her in the hot tub, or allowed two people to get so drunk they may have had less than consensual sex, he hasn't even threatened physical violence to anyone yet. He's got a LONG way to go before he becomes the worst person they've had on the show. (though technically the first one, the roofie molester wasn't technically ON the show, she was hired by the production team. If anything, it's the production team that should make a statement, not ABC who is just airing this show and has nothing at all to do with Garrett's personal meme preferences.

Thank you. The things he likes on facebook may not be politically correct and he did like some pretty bad things...but what should ABC say about it?  Liking something on social media is not illegal and people are allowed to have their own opinions and there are far worse things other contestants/ people everywhere have done. Yes he's on TV and chooses to put his life out there, but different strokes for different folks. If he chooses to like something on instagram, that's his choice. The same way it was people's choice who they wanted to vote for. People who voted for Trump got ripped apart. People can do what they want. More should be said about the fact that these people get engaged after a couple of dates. The real issue is that Becca barely even knew the person she was engaged to.

• Love 5

Well, as is Bachelor Law, they would need to give her a third journey at love. Then if that doesn’t work out they’ll have an arranged marriage between Becca and Nick Viall in Playa Del Carmen (or wherever Paradise is filmed) with Chris Bukowski as flower girl and Neil Lane as ring bearer.

• Love 6
(edited)

I just thought the advance people should have vetted Garrett's social media (and Lee last season, and a few others) more thoroughly.  We know the contestants have to turn over the ID's and passwords to their SM accounts, so how horrible would it be to just not include folks with stuff that's derogatory to EITHER conservatives or liberals. 

Or if they want to be on the show, they delete the stuff that insults/degrades/ridicules other human beings, either conservative or liberal.  Actually really simple.  

And I think Becca should eventually marry Mikey Tenerelli.  He's a sweetie and they could do yoga together.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
(edited)

His apology is good - I'm happy to let this go and get to "know" the person he presents on TV. My brother is one of the sweetest people I know and he likes plenty of dumb memes on instagram - I am not going to vilify Garrett, especially now that he's owned up to it and apologized for offending anyone. People from this franchise have done much worse (looking at you, Chris Soules), and Becca seems to think he's a great guy still. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 14

I wonder how long it took for Warner Bros/ABC/The Production Staff of The Bachelorette to, er, "help" Garrett put that together...It was well written. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, adhoc said:

I wonder how long it took for Warner Bros/ABC/The Production Staff of The Bachelorette to, er, "help" Garrett put that together...It was well written. 

Becca is a publicist; she may have written it for him.

• Love 2

I am curious if and how the Garrett controversy will affect Becca's proposal. I saw this interview where she said she was a very political person, and she had a picture of herself flicking off a Trump rally on her Instagram page. She might not be happy, but it would probably be extremely humiliating and frustrating to go through this process and leave empty-handed. She could play along just to save face until the press gets off her back.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Bossley said:

I am curious if and how the Garrett controversy will affect Becca's proposal. I saw this interview where she said she was a very political person, and she had a picture of herself flicking off a Trump rally on her Instagram page. She might not be happy, but it would probably be extremely humiliating and frustrating to go through this process and leave empty-handed. She could play along just to save face until the press gets off her back.

I think she should dump his ass on camera before ATFR and run after her second choice.  There is a precedent.

Garrett would be an awful next Bachelor though. So he'd fit right in.

• Love 3

Becca will be a catalyst for Garrett to learn and grow.   Good ole boy assholes can change and I think he will.  

I am going to assume this is happening and enjoy this season.  Well, as much as I always do which is not much anymore.  It is painfully boring.   

Look on the bright side, we get blood and an ambulance!   

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm 50/50 (or should I say 60/40) on what I want to happen:

part of me wants Becca to dump his ass in an epic style just for "mindless double tapping" on those posts;  the other half of me is hopeful that he can be a better person and they have a nice life together.    So I guess I'll just sit back, watch the trainwreck that is coming and hope that Grocer Joe, Clay and Chicken suited David have a great time in Paradise.   

Oh, ladies of Paradise, it seems that David is quite rich.   Wonder if any of them have sniffed that out?  The Venmo guy, John is too but I'm not sure if he'll be in Paradise.  For once, Fleiss actually cast some guys with money in the bank.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Garrett issues an apology:

https://people.com/tv/bachelorette-garrett-yrigoyen-speaks-out-about-liking-offensive-memes/

Will be interesting to see how the next two months go and if they can put this behind them as a couple  

I understand that people can learn and grow.  I respect everyone's right to apologize as we are not perfect.  There have been things I had to apologize for. I also respect people's political beliefs that are different from mine, or basic opinions that are different from mine.  However,  I draw the line with Garrett.  

The double tap excuse is just garbage.  He was a follower of those sites and knew exactly what memes and information they put out.  He is not some 18 year old who is still learning about life.  And yes, what one likes on social media is a reflection on them.  For example, my sister made an innocuous joke on her instagram about the reason my nieces sat so still and were very well behaved was that she had threatened them with a "whipping" (wink smiley face and all).  We don't believe in any sort of physical punishment.  For her it was an ironic  tongue in cheek because many of our mutual friends say that if you don't physically discipline kids, they turn out to be a problem. While the pictures of my nieces were cute,  and I knew it was a joke, didn't "like" it because I didn't wasn't to associate myself with supporting physical punishment because it is not who I am.

I also feel that he is dishonest.  He knew who Becca was.  Obviously, he is knows how to use social media.  I looked at her social media and knew what her political leanings (are?) were.  I knew about her philosophy.  He knew a little bit about her background even if she didn't, before filming.  Why agree to be on the show if the lead appears to be different than what he supports politically? Something is not right with him.  While last year I 100% supported Bryan because I felt he was there for Rachel and they were a good fit, this year, I feel the opposite. I think Garrett misrepresented himself.  He even stated on the show that he might not drive a minivan and so his appearance on night one was just a gimmick.

So apology or not, I think he and Becca are doomed.  I hope she realizes it sooner or later.

• Love 15

A few likes/double taps -- OK

Following the page and seeing this offensive shit on a daily in your news feed - come on BRUH! It's exactly who you are and it's all good.

Just once ONCE I TELL YOU I want someone to issue a statement that says exactly what they truly feel and not just to save face because you have been caught being "jerk adjacent" "This is who I am. This is what I believe. As you can see from the thousands of likes and followers I am not alone. I discriminate. I am biased. I stereotype minorities.  Some things people find offensive I find funny. Why should I apologize? Why am I wrong? Who regulates morality in this country and what's their measuring stick? Believing I am better than other people in lower social economical circumstances or being a healthy white male in America affording me certain privileges is not illegal. Suck a million." I would respect that hahahahhaa

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Wings said:

Becca will be a catalyst for Garrett to learn and grow.   Good ole boy assholes can change and I think he will.  

I am going to assume this is happening and enjoy this season.  Well, as much as I always do which is not much anymore.  It is painfully boring.   

Look on the bright side, we get blood and an ambulance!   

Plus, we actually SAW someone on a stretcher! Usually we get an ambulance teaser and no one actually goes in the ambulance. Maybe it will be Garrett and a transgender immigrant doctor will have saved his life and given him a whole new perspective.

• Love 10

I never realized the power behind a mindless double tap on Instagram and how it bears so much weight on people’s lives.

"How it bears so much weight on people's lives" is totally shade. He was probably laughing as he wrote it.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Oh, ladies of Paradise, it seems that David is quite rich.   Wonder if any of them have sniffed that out?  The Venmo guy, John is too but I'm not sure if he'll be in Paradise.  For once, Fleiss actually cast some guys with money in the bank.

David's parents apparently own FIVE supermarkets in New Jersey, so HE's the grocery guy to go after!  I think he's a cutie.  And we know the chicken suit probably wasn't his idea, but he was a good sport.  And people do tend to remember the costumes and crazy limo-exit shenanigans, good and bad.  

• Love 1