Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Brainless in Seattle, Part 1

I thought Liv having only a small amount of brain to go on would lead to a less intense personality experience, but no.  However, I did laugh a lot at this, especially when they queued up Truly, Madly, Deeply.  I enjoyed Sam Huntington on Being Human, and it's fun to see him here.

I got a bit of tonal whiplash when they went from lovestruck Liv to Blaine having the cures to turning that guy back to human to eating his brain.  It makes sense that Blaine has the cures, but it's interesting that he's saving them for a rainy day.

Of course Blaine named his restaurant Romero's.

• Love 6

What happened in the last few minutes of the episode? My power went out, and the last thing I saw was Liv and Clive looking at the two smokestacks (after we saw Blaine eating that guy's brain). That was near the end, right?

Well, this episode will automatically shoot onto the top of my list just for the music choices alone.  Talk about a trip down memory lane!  Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden.  Quad City DJ's C'Mon 'N Ride It.  And the freaking Space Jam theme of all things!  Now, that's one hell of a 90s nostalgia tour!

While I think I might have enjoyed the brain more if I ever saw the Bridget Jones's Diary, I still got a kick out of all of the romcom tropes and, of course, Clive's reactions to all of Lovestruck Liv's antics.  He really is amazed that every time he thinks he's seen her at her most craziest, she manages to top it somehow.  Looks like the case will be a two-parter though, so I suspect there will be more twist and turns.  I suspect Allan will be more involved then he is letting on, since I don't think they would get Sam Huntington for a bit role like that.

Well, shit: Bozzio might be cheating on Clive.  It wouldn't be surprising since the no sex part would be a big obstacle to overcome, but I hope there is some kind of surprise in store.

Blaine and Don E. continue to ride high with their enterprise.  But now Chase wants Blane to find Renegade, and promises to leave him alone if he does.  This is going to get dicey: especially with Liv's connection to her.  Oh, and Blaine has the cure after-all.  But now they're only down to fifteen syringes.  Maybe Blaine will find out about Clive/Bozzio's problems, and try to find a way to strike a deal that would benefit all of them.  

That poor sketch artist!

While I'm glad Ravi had fun at the club, it was a dick move of Peyton's to drag him into it.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

"Clive won't eat soup dumplings because they have too many secrets". That right there is why he remains MVP after 4 seasons!

It’s a great line but I have no idea what it means. 

8 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

What happened in the last few minutes of the episode? My power went out, and the last thing I saw was Liv and Clive looking at the two smokestacks (after we saw Blaine eating that guy's brain). That was near the end, right?

They find remains of a number of victims. Annie was the one who (almost) got away. We have a serial killer. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

But now Chase wants Blane to find Renegade, and promises to leave him alone if he does.  This is going to get dicey: especially with Liv's connection to her. 

This part of the plot was confusing to me--why was Chase looking for Renegade? At first I thought he was looking for the coyote that snuck people out of Seattle, but then it seemed that he was looking for the one who brought in Annie (but did he even know about Annie?) and presumably other people. I know Chase was worried about the brain food supply getting low, but would people being snuck into Seattle really be a big factor in this? How many humans would want to come to live in a zombie-run city (aside from a few oddballs like Annie or desperate people looking for a cure for a fatal illness like the Hawaiian shirt guy)? Or was Chase worried about zombies from other places sneaking in?

Also, how did Chase even know the name Renegade? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Paloma said:

This part of the plot was confusing to me--why was Chase looking for Renegade? At first I thought he was looking for the coyote that snuck people out of Seattle, but then it seemed that he was looking for the one who brought in Annie (but did he even know about Annie?) and presumably other people. I know Chase was worried about the brain food supply getting low, but would people being snuck into Seattle really be a big factor in this? How many humans would want to come to live in a zombie-run city (aside from a few oddballs like Annie or desperate people looking for a cure for a fatal illness like the Hawaiian shirt guy)? Or was Chase worried about zombies from other places sneaking in?

He has a lot of boots on the ground, including non military boots. The homeless kids would leak information and could know the names. At this time he may be sorting out the players though. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Paloma said:

FG is concerned about humans being snuck into Seattle to become zombies, and increasing the drain on brain resources. It makes sense it would know the code name of at least some players in that game. As far as we know, Chase has no idea about Annie herself.

There are tons of people who might want to become zombies. Just people with fatal illnesses or serious injuries who would hope to be "healed" would number in the high hundred thousands. 

• Love 3

Hahahaha, I laughed so hard at Savage Garden playing when Liv first saw Allan and then Tim. Another musical high five for using Supermodel during Ravi's makeover. But really, Liv? Space Jam is your all time favorite dance song?

Part of me is disappointed that things with Allan ended before Liv had a chance to make him watch The Notebook. But he must be somehow involved with the whole serial killer/Tom selling brains situation because Tom had a copy of her Facebook page in his binder. I guess it's possible that he managed to grab her wallet while he was fleeing with most of her brain but it seems like a  brain thief would be concerned with scooping up the last bits of brain.

If all it takes is a scratch to turn someone into a zombie, shouldn't all the zombies at human/zombie night at the bar be wearing gloves? It seems like drunk zombies might accidentally scratch a human.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

If all it takes is a scratch to turn someone into a zombie, shouldn't all the zombies at human/zombie night at the bar be wearing gloves? It seems like drunk zombies might accidentally scratch a human.

That's what I was thinking.  The humans at that event were being extremely reckless.  When you have a virulent and contagious disease on the loose, the LAST thing you do is INCREASE crowded social interactions with infected people.

Seeing Blaine with the stolen cures depresses me.  One guy able to turn back the pending apocalyptic plague, and he's too greedy to do it.  This show is getting so caught up in maintaining the status quo that nothing will ever be resolved.  Combine that with the increasing agonizing irritation of Liv being completely overcome by even the smallest amount of brain, and I'm running out of patience.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

There are tons of people who might want to become zombies. Just people with fatal illnesses or serious injuries who would hope to be "healed" would number in the high hundred thousands. 

Theoretically that makes sense--desperate people do desperate things. But I wonder how many people with fatal illnesses or serious injuries would be willing to accept needing to eat brains for the rest of their lives as the price of being healed--I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be willing to make that trade-off. However, this situation is probably meant to be analogous to people from other countries coming to the US in the hope of better lives, so I guess I can go with it. 

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was checking their hands in the Bar for gloves. Ravi would be ok I suppose. 

I have a scratch on my right wrist.   I tend to get a lot of scratches, because I have a pair of rambunctious kitty cats.  They heal up, but they eventually get replaced by new scratches.  I keep thinking of this show whenever I look at those scratches.

Early in this episode, just before eating the Brain of the Week, Liv made some joke about not wanting to get fat, or lose weight, or something.  I thought "Oh. That's what this week's character is about."  Then I reminded myself that she hadn't eaten the brain bits yet.  That's when I realized that she goes through so many wacky personalities that I have completely forgotten what her real personality is like.

• Love 6

Part of me is disappointed that things with Allan ended before Liv had a chance to make him watch The Notebook. But he must be somehow involved with the whole serial killer/Tom selling brains situation because Tom had a copy of her Facebook page in his binder.

That's got to be it! I was wondering why this episode was a two-parter, and why they'd get Sam Huntington for just one scene. But if he's in cahoots with the crooked coyote and luring young women to Seattle so their brains can be used-- that's a pretty good plot twist. 

I find it hard to believe too many women would smuggle themselves into a zombie-filled militarized zone-- but then again, I have a hard time believing in this day and age that people can still be catfished so...

• Love 4

I guess I need to accept the fact that Liv's main purpose on this show is to only be on the Wacky Brain of the Week. It's why I appreciated last week's final minutes, when Liv was off that brain, and then this week, when she was snarking on people going on diets and making medical jokes. They just often take Liv on brain too, too far. 

That being said, the only bright spot of Liv's whole brain plot was the musical choices. Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden is one of my all-time favourites. Oh, and Clive's reactions to Liv on the Wacky Brain of the Week.

I do like how Major went to Chase as soon as he could with what happened last week. Major's plot this season still works for me. 

4 hours ago, Paloma said:

Well, he told Blaine that he wanted to shut Renegade's business down, presumably so that no more people could be snuck in or snuck out of Seattle. I think it has a lot to do with his reputation as well. If he allows Renegade to continue her business, it would reflect poorly on him if it became exposed. But also, I guess, he doesn't want more people sneaking in and possibly getting scratched by zombies and lowering their supply even more. Also, zombies wanting to sneak out would be bad. 

ETA: Or maybe he actually wants to use Renegade to raise their human brain supply for the zombies.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

ETA: Or maybe he actually wants to use Renegade to raise their human brain supply for the zombies.

Never thought of that possibility! Of course, that would make Chase pretty evil, and I don't think they want to go that route with him. Besides, Renegade or any coyote would need to convince a lot of humans to want to sneak in to Seattle, for it to have any significant impact on the brain supply.

I think you are right that Chase is concerned with his reputation and his (and FG's) ability to control the city. 

7 hours ago, Affogato said:

The cure is now in play this season. 

I certainly hope so, so they can cure most of the zombies & un-fence Seattle so the show can go back before this military crap.

6 hours ago, Thrifty said:

That's what I was thinking.  The humans at that event were being extremely reckless.  When you have a virulent and contagious disease on the loose, the LAST thing you do is INCREASE crowded social interactions with infected people.

I think the danger is part of the thrill for the humans, ooo, we might get scratched! Otherwise, why would they go to a bar with zombies? It's not like it's the only bar in Seattle.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Well, this episode will automatically shoot onto the top of my list just for the music choices alone.  Talk about a trip down memory lane!  Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden.  Quad City DJ's C'Mon 'N Ride It.  And the freaking Space Jam theme of all things!  Now, that's one hell of a 90s nostalgia tour!

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hahahaha, I laughed so hard at Savage Garden playing when Liv first saw Allan and then Tim. Another musical high five for using Supermodel during Ravi's makeover. But really, Liv? Space Jam is your all time favorite dance song?

Yes, I too like "Truly, Madly, Deeply" but I also agree with ElectricBoogaloo as far as the "Space Jam" theme.  What a waste of time that movie was and a really stupid dance song to boot.  I was told to sit through the whole end credits of the movie --- it felt like it lasted for an entire half a hour -- all the songs kept playing (including "that" stupid one) -- then Porky, Bugs, and Daffy argue over who gets to say the line (only for the aliens to say it) then Michael says "Can I go home now??"   Those Looney Tunes movies (the second one with Jenna Elfman was even worse) and everything associated with them are the worst of the 90's.

Edited by Twilight Man
6 hours ago, Thrifty said:

7 minutes ago, GaT said:

I think the danger is part of the thrill for the humans, ooo, we might get scratched! Otherwise, why would they go to a bar with zombies? It's not like it's the only bar in Seattle.

Hollywood's version of young adults stuck in a hopeless life ending situation (Remember "Jericho" and "Under The Dummy-Dumb-Dome")??

"Well, we're all going to die soon, so LET'S PARTY and NOT GIVE A CRAP about ANYTHING!!!!"

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, GaT said:

I certainly hope so, so they can cure most of the zombies & un-fence Seattle so the show can go back before this military crap.

You're giving the writers too much credit.  Peyton, for example, is not some dumbass 22 year old.  She's a smart, accomplished prosecutor.

I mean, I can actually see how getting humans and zombies together to do shots and rock out to 90s dance jams could work to bring people together, but maybe ask zombies to wear gloves? To avoid infecting more people? I thought that was kind of a whole thing. 

I am still annoyed at how Liv seems to get totally absorbed in the brain she eats now, but at least this brain was kind of funny. The constant music cues and ro,antic dramatics were cracking me up, as were Livs narrations. 

The incredibly salty sketch artist was the best. It was also nice seeing Ravi having some fun with Peyton and Liv, especially remembering that Peyton and Ravi were actually kind of cute together at first. And, God help me, I love a clothing montage. 

• Love 6

I’d missed the beginning and just caught up on the app. 

We really get a glimpse of how stressed Chase is which seems the start of a real arc for him. His first human moment except for the bits with LIV. Also doesn’t seem evil. If the brain shortage is that dire it is a real problem. 

• Love 1

I wasn't able to focus, on any of the new episodes, due to life stuff, so I need to watch all of them again. I tried watching on the laptop earlier, as I cooked something, but missed some things, going by this thread. 

I did like Clive's reactions, as usual, and his slipping her chocolate tin away from her, before she could eat more of that brain. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

Why does Liv prepare her brains in such complicated ways?  Zombies can't taste anything anyway.

For some people food presentation is a big factor in enjoyment--I remember what a big deal it was when "nouvelle cuisine" first became popular. Also, there are apparently at least two fancy restaurants in New Seattle, and they wouldn't do such good business unless the zombies cared about how the brains were presented. (Although I guess the fancy restaurants also serve real food so the zombies can go out with humans.) But I also think that for Liv disguising the brains is a way of trying to live more normally and not be constantly reminded that she needs to eat brains to survive. Besides, there is the "ewww" factor--brains look disgusting, and their texture is probably also disgusting to eat raw. Obviously plenty of zombies get used to it, but I'm sure there are others who don't.   

• Love 3

I am completely done with this incarnation of Liv. It's like they decided all her wacky hijinx on brains over the last couple of episodes just wasn't enough, so they decided to dial it all the way up to 11 and make it the centerpiece of this episode. I don't even think of her as Liv any more; she's a walking, talking shtick. She's become the Carlton of this show now. She's iCarlton. 

• Love 2
On 3/13/2018 at 3:57 PM, sacrebleu said:

I find it hard to believe too many women would smuggle themselves into a zombie-filled militarized zone-

People don't just have to be sneaking in to be good brain harvesting victims for Bruce. Anyone hiring him to help them sneak out would also be an easy target.

Edited by AllyB
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Affogato said:

We really get a glimpse of how stressed Chase is which seems the start of a real arc for him.

I'd like him to be more developed.  I think he suffers from being the last character in on an already crowded show.

13 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Seeing Blaine with the stolen cures depresses me.  One guy able to turn back the pending apocalyptic plague, and he's too greedy to do it.

It's depressing, but not surprising.  Blaine is Patient Zero.  It was him actively spreading the virus to profit from brain sales that put everyone on this path.  I'm curious whether Chase will ever find that out.

2 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Why does Liv prepare her brains in such complicated ways?  Zombies can't taste anything anyway.

I think they can taste, but that they taste differently.  All the zombies use hot sauce to make things more flavorful.  When he was running Meat Cute, Blaine had a chef coming up with expensive brain based recipes.  He wanted them to taste like they were worth the money he was extorting from people.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The incredibly salty sketch artist was the best.

One of the things I love about Rob Thomas is how he will bring tertiary characters like that throughout the run of the show.

I don't mind Liv's food preparation. I think it started as one of the many things she did to disguise her zombie status (it would have been pretty suspicious if she had tupperware containers with a big old brain inside when Clive came down to the morgue to talk to her or Ravi) and that it was also her way of holding onto her human ways. Not all zombies will relish the prospect of eating brains that just look like brains.

But beyond that, I think it's human nature to dress things up and try to make the mundane more interesting beyond their mere functions. You don't have to use minty toothpaste to brush your teeth. You could just use old fashioned tooth powder (most of which were just made of unflavored powdered clay). You don't have to wear interesting clothes. You could buy ten pairs of the same pants and ten of the same shirt and look exactly the same every single day of your life. Food is just necessary fuel so you could find an adequately nutritious combination and eat the same thing three times a day, seven days a week. But we like to see pretty things and make things enjoyable!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Thrifty said:

Part of it is also seems to be a homage to the victim. For the Seahawks fan, she prepared his brain like hot wings, a common snack for football fans. For the rich bitch, Liv had her brain as garnish for a martini, a drink commonly enjoyed by socialites. For the romantic in this episode, Liv had her brain as part of chocolate candy, something romantics enjoy. Although for the last one, I don't think Liv had any knowledge that her latest victim was a romantic, so that's a minor screw-up by the writers. Or maybe Liv is a real zombie psychic. :)

• Love 10

Ravi dancing at the club was awesome. It’s scenes like this which is why I still stick to this show despite the whole Seattle zombie apocalypse. Plus the music was awesome and brought me back to high school. 

Bozzio is cheating on Clive? Hell no!

I hope nothing happens to Renegade because I like the character. I would rather see Blaine bite the dust, especially after finding out he’s the person who selfishly stole the cure.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One of the things I love about Rob Thomas is how he will bring tertiary characters like that throughout the run of the show.

I don't mind Liv's food preparation. I think it started as one of the many things she did to disguise her zombie status (it would have been pretty suspicious if she had tupperware containers with a big old brain inside when Clive came down to the morgue to talk to her or Ravi) and that it was also her way of holding onto her human ways. Not all zombies will relish the prospect of eating brains that just look like brains.

But beyond that, I think it's human nature to dress things up and try to make the mundane more interesting beyond their mere functions. You don't have to use minty toothpaste to brush your teeth. You could just use old fashioned tooth powder (most of which were just made of unflavored powdered clay). You don't have to wear interesting clothes. You could buy ten pairs of the same pants and ten of the same shirt and look exactly the same every single day of your life. Food is just necessary fuel so you could find an adequately nutritious combination and eat the same thing three times a day, seven days a week. But we like to see pretty things and make things enjoyable!

20 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Part of it is also seems to be a homage to the victim. For the Seahawks fan, she prepared his brain like hot wings, a common snack for football fans. For the rich bitch, Liv had her brain as garnish for a martini, a drink commonly enjoyed by socialites. For the romantic in this episode, Liv had her brain as part of chocolate candy, something romantics enjoy. Although for the last one, I don't think Liv had any knowledge that her latest victim was a romantic, so that's a minor screw-up by the writers. Or maybe Liv is a real zombie psychic. :)

Right, I was just going to point this out. I can't remember what she made for most of the victims, but I do recall them being something associated with their personality. I also remember her "dressing up" a slice of pizza with some chopped brain, and Clive taking a bite. Ew. I think she made a latte, once, or hot chocolate, and had to point out which was hers, before Ravi drank it. 

• Love 1

From the second series on, Liv's brain preparation was linked to the theme of the episode and the personality of the victim. But it wasn't anything like as on the nose as it is now. We'd often be working it out on episode threads and it would take a few posters puzzling it out together to fully get it. Like when she had a club sandwich with thin strips of brain in place of bacon in the episode that largely played out in a strip club. Or she made a burger with the brain of a compulsive liar. You used to get the impression that Liv wasn't actually aware of the link between the victim/plot and what she was cooking. It was just a nice little nod to the viewer.

Edited by AllyB
  • Love 2

I do miss seeing Liv as Liv. They are taking things too far with the all consuming character traits. 

I don't think Bozzio is cheating on Clive. I think they have probably agreed on an open relationship as a way to deal with their sex issue. Maybe I'm being an optimist though because I really like them as a couple and like Dale and don't want to believe she's cheating.

• Love 3
On 3/12/2018 at 7:26 PM, MisterGlass said:

I thought Liv having only a small amount of brain to go on would lead to a less intense personality experience, but no. 

I know, right?

On 3/12/2018 at 8:47 PM, CaptainTightpants said:

"Clive won't eat soup dumplings because they have too many secrets". That right there is why he remains MVP after 4 seasons!

Love that - and know a couple of people with the same (if not as amusingly stated) issue.

On 3/13/2018 at 3:54 AM, Affogato said:

It’s a great line but I have no idea what it means.

It means that he doesn't know what ingredients are in the dumpling (secrets), so he's not going to eat them. At least, that's what it was with friends I have who have the same concerns. They like their meat, potatoes, and veggies in separate, easily identifiable, piles.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:59 AM, Thrifty said:

That's when I realized that she goes through so many wacky personalities that I have completely forgotten what her real personality is like.

This is my problem with the new normal. I liked Liv, as Liv. I am struggling to enjoy the show with the main character basically playing the character of the week.

On 3/13/2018 at 5:05 PM, Thrifty said:

Lots of thoughtful statements about this. Mine is more shallow - it's just fun to see what they come up with. It's kind of Chopped with brains.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I know, right?

Love that - and know a couple of people with the same (if not as amusingly stated) issue.

It means that he doesn't know what ingredients are in the dumpling (secrets), so he's not going to eat them. At least, that's what it was with friends I have who have the same concerns. They like their meat, potatoes, and veggies in separate, easily identifiable, piles.

Huh. I used to go to a Korean- Japanese buffet that would give him fits. 

Thanks. 

I know what dumplings are made out of so it would never have occurred to me. 

On 3/16/2018 at 2:42 PM, snowwhyte said:

I do miss seeing Liv as Liv. They are taking things too far with the all consuming character traits. 

I don't think Bozzio is cheating on Clive. I think they have probably agreed on an open relationship as a way to deal with their sex issue. Maybe I'm being an optimist though because I really like them as a couple and like Dale and don't want to believe she's cheating.

She may be doing something while under the influence of brain. Or investigating. She might be kind of an inside person/monster for the fbi now. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Affogato said:

She may be doing something while under the influence of brain. Or investigating. She might be kind of an inside person/monster for the fbi now. 

That is possibly more likely than the open relationship thing. I was rewatching an earlier episode which featured an open marriage and Clive was very cynical and sceptical about it. Plus he was willing to take that drug to suppress his libido so that was his solution to the problem.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, snowwhyte said:

That is possibly more likely than the open relationship thing. I was rewatching an earlier episode which featured an open marriage and Clive was very cynical and sceptical about it. Plus he was willing to take that drug to suppress his libido so that was his solution to the problem.

If it is an fbi thing they may be planning on shutting down Blaine’s brain smuggling operation. That won’t make things better but smuggling brains over state and international borders? Probably illegal. 

34 minutes ago, snowwhyte said:

Plus he was willing to take that drug to suppress his libido so that was his solution to the problem.

Taking the drug solved his particular problem, but there's still the larger problem of not being able to have sex with Bozzio. I'm interested to see if this gets continued attention. Clive and Bozzio aren't the only human/zombie couple out there.

• Love 1

Maybe they will discover Blaine's supply of the cure when they raid the place, reproduce it for the masses, and season 5 will be about "now that a cure is available, how many choose to take it, what is done about those who refuse, and also Clive and Bozzio in the honeymoon phase.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:07 PM, Affogato said:

still tired of intensified brain activity. 

This sums up my entire feelings toward the show.

I'm really disappointed how quickly this show went from clever writing, (e.g. strip club sandwich in S2E16, Pour Some Sugar, Zombie, tongue-in-cheek references like DA Barracus, and the jokey origin of Dale's name) to anvils everywhere basically starting in season 3. The show was really good at riding the line between quirky and annoying by staying firmly on the quirky side for a while. Now, Liv is so annoying during interrogation scenes that I can't stand to watch them when she used to be the best character on the show.

It seems like the entire writing staff left after season 2 and they brought a new group in starting with season 3 that has no idea how to write nuance.

Show, you were fun for a while, but like overly attached girlfriend, you went from cute to intensely annoying at the speed of light. I think we'll have to break up. I'm sad at what you could have been Show, but I'll have to face reality and accept what you are.

• Love 1

Wait, the only reason there were civilians at the crime scene is because the brain was missing? Because there haven't been onlookers before and the victim wasn't a celebrity. How did they even know to be in that alley or whatever it was? 

There is less and less logic to Liv being on a particular brain. I get if she's romantic because she's on Annie brain. But she shouldn't be attracted to Allan (instantly, mind you) just because Annie was. Personality is one thing but she's starting to almost have the memories of the brains separate from her visions. And unless she was Annie (more like an actual possession by a ghost) there's no way she'd be coming on to Allan like that during questioning. It's like this show is suddenly being written by someone who is misinterpreting the show bible and not by people who know how everything works. It would make more sense for her to be thinking about Major and their epic love story or something like that.

"Undocumented humans are being scratched by coyotes"? You can't just drop a sentence like that as though it makes total sense. Why do they keep trying to make real world parallels? Why would humans want to become zombies? What is the incentive given the real world parallel? They are not putting enough effort into developing this. This just felt like a clumsy way to pit Fillmore Graves/Blaine against Renegade. Also, I thought Chase would go to Blaine to find some underground way to get more brains given the whole funeral home thing. 

Dalton and Don E. was fun but it shouldn't be one of the best scenes of the episode. I think they're straying too far from the comedy by making Liv's experience of the brains too wacky and they're really swimming in deeper waters than they can handle with how they're managing the zombie world right now. 

Okay... I guess if you're dying it might make sense to become a zombie. But it seems like an awful lot of trouble since a lot of people must be aware of the brain shortage and also you live in a quarantine zone, etc.

The makeover montage almost brought me around but they totally did it wrong. You're only supposed to like the last good outfit. Not all the bad outfits. 

The best part of Liv's "confession" was Ravi's face in the background.

Yeah, it really makes no sense for her to be this into Allan. It would make more sense for her to obsess over Major or even Ravi as her Duckie or even to fall in love with every guy she sees. But the fixation on Allan only makes sense if she is Annie and at least Annie bothered to actually talk to the guy. It felt like it took too long for her to be into Tim next. Again, she should have been falling over every guy. I did enjoy the 90's soundtrack for her rom-com especially since Tim had a very 90's look.

I love that Peyton ran into the room with a giant kitchen knife. If I had a roommate, I'd want one like that.

I was like... who is that new recruit? I've probably seen her a lot but I mainly recognize her from UnReal. 

Ah, so Blaine does have the vaccine. I guess it was worth it to him to get the info if it meant Chase would stop bothering him but still, he was awfully casual about using up his precious supply of the vaccine/cure. And wait... was it a vaccine or a cure? Because those are different. While it was gruesome, I do kind of like that people other than Liv can eat someone's brain to get the secrets of the dead. 

What is the deal with bodies and incinerators? I don't remember anything I might have picked up from Bones. Either way, it seemed like it was just for effect that all the skulls would be there. How would you even fit that many bodies in there at the same time? Never mind if an incinerator is hot enough to burn bones.

• Love 1

I mean, small mercies. At least this means they probably can't do an HIV/AIDS parallel.