Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: AKA Pray For My Patsy

I'm shocked that they're really gonna give us Hellcat, or at least fully set it up for future seasons. I didn't think they would go that far with her. I know a lot of people were against the idea, but I'm all for it.

• Love 4

Atleast it seems like Trish will get what she wanted. Dorothy really can't help herself can she.

Poor Detective Sunday. 

I thought Jeri was going to shoot them herself, but she's way smarter than that. However, can't Inez be like Hogarth was the one that gave me the gun?

• Love 1

Well, I knew Dorothy couldn't be trustworthy for long, so I was on edge for her first scene with Jessica. I genuinely don't think that her and Jessica could ever get along. Dorothy will always be in it for money and fame. I'm still waiting for her comeuppance. 

Oh man. I know Detective Sunday was frustratingly pointed on Jessica and all supers, but that's a shitty way to go out. Now Costa is also mad at Jessica, and with good reason. She does keep enabling her mother, while she keeps killing people. She tries to resist, but then slinks back into her old ways. It's interesting to see Jessica fight to see anything left saving with Alisa, but all of that slowly slipping away. Alisa tries, but it may not be enough to just try.

I loved the scene with Trish and Jessica in the morgue. Trish was bitching about powers the minute she wakes up and Jessica finally tells her how much of an idiot she is. And it looks like it'll pay off. 

Damn on the Jeri plotline. She has felt detached from the season in general, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching her take down the two scammers without so much as a blink.

• Love 2

I was just thinking that this season hasn't had its required Turk appearance!  I love how he pops up in all of the Marvel shows.

I should have known better to underestimate Jeri.  After a brief moment to feel bad for herself, she quickly gets down the business, and gets her revenge.  Doesn't even pull the trigger herself, but tricks Inez into think Shane wasn't loyal, hands her the loaded gun, and lets nature take it course.  Oh, and calls 911 at the end.  You fuck with Hogarth, you might as well bury yourself!

Looks like Trish isn't out of the woods, yet.  I'm guessing she will get powers after all, but she will quickly learn that it isn't all that it is crack out to be.

Not surprised that Jessica couldn't pulled the trigger.  I'm guessing Alisa is taking her some place off the grid in order to try and be a legit family again.  I don't see that happening!

• Love 1

I wondered why Jeri would go so far as shooting someone, and ending up in a place that she normally helps others to escape (with her job). Then she hands that woman the gun, and calls 911. I wasn't giving it my full attention, I keep missing things, but this season isn't as enjoyable for me. It just feels more disjointed, but maybe it's just me. 

• Love 1
On 13/03/2018 at 12:37 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

I guess she might be relying on the notion of who are the cops going to believe, famous and rich attorney or former homeless hooker who just killed someone?

That's what I figured. Geri is clearly very convincing, that scene with her in the car with Inez was awesome.

Also I am not sure why Trish thinks that only Jessica can put down her mother I am pretty sure her powers wouldn't stop a bullet from a swat team sniper.

• Love 1

Fuck you, Trish.   All the good karma you brought to series 1?   Just gone.  Not enough to be beautiful, not enough to be famous, not enough to be wealthy, not enough to be successful, no, you have to have powers too.   The only thing your sister has to call her own, and you have to claim it for yourself and fuck anybody who stands in your way.   You're as greedy and vicious as your mother, even if you don't realize it.    Hell, you're worse.  Much worse.

• Love 7

Ah, Dorothy.  She finally has a nice moment with Jessica but of course, a leech always remains a leech and she's just a terrible human being.

Trish was absolutely awful to Jessica in the morgue.

Jeri's revenge was stone cold.  Don't mess with that woman.

Turk!

Edited by benteen
  • Love 6

Holy shit, Trish almost dying somehow made Dorothy nice to Jessica? But of course that didn't last long. I was surprised that she didn't tell the hospital not to let Jessica see Trish.

Turk! Ha, love that he was considerate enough to bring a side of curly fries to Jeri along with the gun she requested.

Damn, Jeri is crafty. Not only did she spend all that time calling every freaking pawn shop in NYC to find Shane and Inez, but she found a way to get her revenge by getting Inez all riled up and having her shoot Shane.

Alisa just praised Jessica for cleaning up Holiday's murder scene and then she limps into Trish's building leaving a trail of blood? So dumb!

RIP Sunday.

• Love 3

Better episode, I think Trish is going to turn out to have powers and will kill Alissa, and then will go off to prison. (No doubt I'm wrong).

I hope Jessica and Malcolm have a happy ending though.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:40 PM, moonshine71 said:

I'm shocked that they're really gonna give us Hellcat, or at least fully set it up for future seasons. I didn't think they would go that far with her. I know a lot of people were against the idea, but I'm all for it.

I'm cool with it.  I just wonder if they will give her a costume or let her be another Netflix hero in street clothes.  

Since Trish seems to want to be a superhero so bad, plus she has that show biz background, I think a gaudy costume might be appropriate for her.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:19 PM, rmontro said:

I'm cool with it.  I just wonder if they will give her a costume or let her be another Netflix hero in street clothes.  

Since Trish seems to want to be a superhero so bad, plus she has that show biz background, I think a gaudy costume might be appropriate for her.

Especially if it comes with hilariously snarky comments from Jessica about how the costume makes her look like an asshole. Since I think Jessica making fun of Daredevil's costume was my favourite part of Defenders.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Especially if it comes with hilariously snarky comments from Jessica about how the costume makes her look like an asshole. Since I think Jessica making fun of Daredevil's costume was my favourite part of Defenders.

My memory is really bad, but didn't Trish say that she had designed a costume for Jessica when they were younger?  I think they talked about this early in season one.

On 3/12/2018 at 11:46 PM, dkb said:

I thought Jeri was going to shoot them herself, but she's way smarter than that. However, can't Inez be like Hogarth was the one that gave me the gun?

On 3/13/2018 at 12:37 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

I guess she might be relying on the notion of who are the cops going to believe, famous and rich attorney or former homeless hooker who just killed someone?

There's that, but Hogarth was very careful to say that she was giving Inez the gun so that she could protect herself from Shane. She never asked or told Inez to kill him. So, even if Hogarth has to admit that she gave Inez the gun, she's not in anywhere near as much legal trouble as Inez.

• Love 3

Oh Inez and Shane. Never fuck a fucker. I knew Jerri wouldn't take being conned lying down, but that was stone cold. I thought at first she might shoot them herself, but as Turk said, Jerri isnt one to get her hands dirty. After all, she didnt tell Inez to kill Shane. She said the gun was for her protection. She didnt tell her to shoot him, she just gave her the story about Shane stepping out on her, and the loaded gun. Never get on Jerris bad side. 

You know, while I do find some tragedy in Alisa, and think she isnt fully in control of her actions, she doesn't seem too bothered by what she does, does she? She just tends to write off killing people as "yeah, sorry about that, but shit happens" and thats that. It would be great if the MCU had somewhere in between The Raft and regular jail, to keep superpowered criminals, but with them still having rights and and the ability to have visitors and everything like other inmates. Like the meta human wing of Iron Heights over in the Arrowverse. She needs to be in jail. And Jessica needs to stop trying to help her. I dont blame her for wanting her mom, and she is really trying to do the right thing, but Alisa needs to be stopped, and Jessica really is the one best suited for it. 

Laughed at the coroner telling comatose Trish that she should have stuck with lifestyle. But that just wasn't important enough for Trish and her massive savior complex! Trish was just awful to Jessica, and it sucks because I've always loved Trish and her sisterly bond with Jessica, but this season she has become insufferable. It looks like she will get her powers now, it would be kind of awesome if she realizes that having powers can be a real pain to deal with. 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

You know, while I do find some tragedy in Alisa, and think she isnt fully in control of her actions, she doesn't seem too bothered by what she does, does she? She just tends to write off killing people as "yeah, sorry about that, but shit happens" and thats that.

Bingo!  That's why I could never warm to her.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Taryn74 said:

Bingo!  That's why I could never warm to her.

Yes.  Between that and blaming her dead husband for her life choices, it's hard to sympathize with Alisa at times.

• Love 3
On 3/25/2018 at 7:34 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Alisa just praised Jessica for cleaning up Holiday's murder scene and then she limps into Trish's building leaving a trail of blood? So dumb!

This! And HOW, exactly, did Alisa get past the doorman?  Are we to assume that there is a dead doorman lying crumpled in the lobby?  Or did the doorman just ignore the blood and call upstairs and get permission to enter from Jessica (who doesn't even live there) because "Yo, rich people be crazy"?  So dumb!  I understand, plot-wise, why they picked to meet at that location (so Jessica would have access to the guns there) but it makes no sense plot-wise to choose a meeting place that has such restricted access.

I was tickled, however, by the scene shot on Roosevelt Island (where Turk gives Jeri the gun.)  I lived there for over 10 years so I always get a nostalgic pang when I see in on TV.

Someone on an earlier board mentioned said something about Rebecca De Mornay as Dorothy Walker and I scoffed.  Then I went to IMDb.  Holy shit, that IS her.  She and I are about the same age and I certainly am not as thin as I was when "Risky Business" came out but, generally speaking, my face looks the same now as then (just plumper and a bit more saggy with "character lines" around the eyes.)  Tom Cruise is still clearly recognizable as the kid in that movie.  But Rebecca looks (to me) completely different. I would have never recognized her.