Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Hills Have Eyes

• Start Topic

Live the episodes named after movies. The references and parallels aren’t too heavy and the characters shift a little each episode. Last house on the left. Heh.

Yes, high schoolers can go to cabins without their parents for sex and monopoly. Still. Playing monopoly with the wine and the clothes looked early thirties at the youngest. 

Cassidy was wearing a/the black hood, wasn’t he?  No one escapes the black hood that easily. Not Archie, certainly. 

Chic is over the top. 

Serious question:  Where can I get throw pillows patterned after the carpet in the Overlook Hotel from The Shining?  Because I think I need at least two of those throw pillows in my life.

Edited by Demian
  • Love 2

The foursome at the cabin was amusing.

I liked the Cheryl stuff.

Chic is creepy as hell.

When did Josie find out about her Mum's affair? I feel like I've missed something. And who else knows besides the Lodges and Josie?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Quark said:

The foursome at the cabin was amusing.

I liked the Cheryl stuff.

Chic is creepy as hell.

When did Josie find out about her Mum's affair? I feel like I've missed something. And who else knows besides the Lodges and Josie?

Betty knows. She and Veronica found out when Betty thought Keller was the Black Hood. Yeah, I missed the part where Josie found out? I thought Veronica going to Mayor McCoy and saying her parents knew and were going to leak it and forcing her to resign that she was protecting both Kevin and Josie from finding out. 

• Love 2
On 3/9/2018 at 9:20 PM, Demian said:

Serious question:  Where can I get throw pillows patterned after the carpet in the Overlook Hotel from The Shining?  Because I think I need at least two of those throw pillows in my life.

I found some here!

https://www.redbubble.com/people/sirllamalot/works/15561237-the-shining-carpet-pattern?p=throw-pillow&size=small&type=cover-only&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=g.pla+notset&country_code=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjPSJj5L32QIVxWV-Ch2GcAFPEAQYAyABEgLYFfD_BwE

ughead is too pretentious to use couple mashup names. I hate to see them myself but to hear a character use them? Just no. No one refers to themselves like this. Cut it out show.

I agree he is, but Kevin used "Bughead" in an earlier episode this season. I think when Jughead was going away to the new school.

And okay, the writing isn't great, but just seeing these four actors hanging out in a scene is a delight. Lili is always doing something in the background, always. In the hot tub scene she is really enjoying her drink. And I must say, I think the two actors handled that kiss perfectly. It was amusing, playful and not sexy at all. A joke between friends. And Jughead's smirky, "I liked seeing Archie's face when it happened," was great. 

I like the actress who plays Cheryl, but I'm grateful her scenes are quick. And I liked Jughead not knowing her voice. The worst insult!

• Love 1
On 3/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, Quark said:

After she walked in on them flirting her mother said they had "talked about this" and that she cares about him. So, she was told off camera before the mayor resigned. 

The best part of the episode was Veronica being disappointed when Betty and Jughead seemed fine about the Betty/Archie kiss and then excited when she thought their weirdness (over Jughead's snooping) was residual kiss tension. Because she wanted her and Archie to be more OK and healthy over it. 

Violent crime is more prevalent among these four teens than all of NYC in the 70s. 

I hate how stupid Archie is. But I also hate when he plays stupid. He knows full well Hiram has nefarious motives. 

I don't ship much but I (friend)ship Josie and Kevin. I also think Josie's mom is the only good mother on the show. 

Veronica throwing Betty's roleplaying in her face was really shitty. But Betty not getting why she said it like it was a bad thing was pretty funny. 

• Love 3