Type keyword(s) to search

The Unspoiled Speculation Reverberation

On 3/3/2018 at 1:44 PM, wendyg said:

Except for Penny's unknown last name, which I've decided personally is "Moss" because I knew some people by that last name in Nebraska.

I think her maiden name should be revealed in the final episode as "Fromnebraska" so it turned it she HAD told everyone her surname in the very first episode :D

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Captain Stable said:

I think her maiden name should be revealed in the final episode as "Fromnebraska" so it turned it she HAD told everyone her surname in the very first episode :D

That wold be funny ;) Smth like Barney said his job P.L.E.A.S.E.

13 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

One of the things I do find annoying is how sitcoms ignore family. Unless it is made clear that one does not like or get along with certain family members, then at least a passing mention of why they aren't at a big life event is in order. Where was Leonard's brother and sister at his wedding vow renewal? And where was Penny's sister? And as you said, where the heck were any of Bernadette's siblings at her wedding?

I don't think Penny has a sister.

Bernadette's sblings may not come because the wedding date was moved last minute.

And I agree it's weird we've never met Leonard's siblings.

I hope Sheldon's siblings will show up at his wedding. :)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, lorbeer said:

Oh yes! Now that we've met Georgie and Missy on Young Sheldon they have to be at the wedding. And I want a scene with just Sheldon and his siblings where they talk about George Sr. Even if it's just Sheldon saying that he wished his dad was there.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Now that we've met Georgie and Missy on Young Sheldon they have to be at the wedding.

How old would Georgie be now?  I wonder if it would work to have the actor who plays George Sr come on the show playing Georgie.  Or would that be too, I dunno, creepy or something?

• Love 1

Georgie is 5 years older than Sheldon, so I think he's probably around 40 or so. Probably can't use Lance Barber though to play the older Georgie because he has actually shown up on BBT before as a one-off character. And I don't know that the age is quite right. But I definitely want to see Sheldon's siblings for his wedding.

• Love 3

Amy parents will be kathy bates and Teller

Sheldon brother will be Jerry O'Connell And sister miss you is the same actress from the season 1 episode. All confirmed.

I wonder about mee maw

Annie Potts who is 66 or just June squibb who is 88. I can't picture mee maw not being at her moon pie wedding.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

Amy parents will be kathy bates and Teller

Sheldon brother will be Jerry O'Connell And sister miss you is the same actress from the season 1 episode. All confirmed.

I wonder about mee maw

Annie Potts who is 66 or just June squibb who is 88. I can't picture mee maw not being at her moon pie wedding.

Teller, of Penn & Teller? Ugh. I've never liked him. It's too bad they couldn't get Bette Midler to be Amy's mother.

Given the popularity of "Young Sheldon," Meemaw has to be Annie Potts. 

• Love 3

Will Wheaton will also be appearing. I saw an imgur post where he tells he's been working with Hamill for a week

They took a picture,both in suits. Don't know how to link it on my mobile phone

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 1

If he's appearing as himself I just hope the women on the show acknowledge how totally cool it would be to meet "Luke Skywalker" and the writers don't fall back on their usual "only nerds would care" attitude.

• Love 3
On 4/30/2018 at 3:15 PM, BlossomCulp said:

If he's appearing as himself I just hope the women on the show acknowledge how totally cool it would be to meet "Luke Skywalker" and the writers don't fall back on their usual "only nerds would care" attitude.

He's no Han Solo, but still, pretty cool.

On 3/5/2018 at 7:32 AM, lorbeer said:

That wold be funny ;) Smth like Barney said his job P.L.E.A.S.E.

I don't think Penny has a sister.

Bernadette's sblings may not come because the wedding date was moved last minute.

And I agree it's weird we've never met Leonard's siblings.

Penny does have a sister, she's been mentioned a time or two. 

18 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Penny does have a sister, she's been mentioned a time or two. 

She's one of those back story mentions that changes with the episode.  The first time you hear about her is a very early episode and she has a 13 yr old son.  The next time you hear about her IIRC Penny says something about her sister shooting her husband but it was ok because she was drunk.  The only other time I remember her being mentioned is when Penny talks about how her father would want to walk her down the aisle as he missed doing that because her sister's water broke on the day of her wedding.  The reason I wonder if they even remember she has a sister though is because of the episode where we first meet Penny's father and he says he wants Penny and Leonard to marry because he wants grandchildren.  Makes me think they decided to delete Penny's sister and nephew from the family tree!

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, BlossomCulp said:

She's one of those back story mentions that changes with the episode.  The first time you hear about her is a very early episode and she has a 13 yr old son.  The next time you hear about her IIRC Penny says something about her sister shooting her husband but it was ok because she was drunk.  The only other time I remember her being mentioned is when Penny talks about how her father would want to walk her down the aisle as he missed doing that because her sister's water broke on the day of her wedding.  The reason I wonder if they even remember she has a sister though is because of the episode where we first meet Penny's father and he says he wants Penny and Leonard to marry because he wants grandchildren.  Makes me think they decided to delete Penny's sister and nephew from the family tree!

But the water breaking incident was mentioned in season nine's The Bachelor Party Corrosion. That a fairly recent episode. Strange.

Edited by Gothish520
1 minute ago, Gothish520 said:

She says her father always wanted a father-daughter dance because when he went to dance at her sister's wedding, her water broke.

That must be what I was thinking of with the aisle comment!  So it's the episode with Wyatt that's a step out of time?  I can accept that I guess :).  Anyway with regard to Leonard's siblings I don't really care that much if we ever meet them but I hope of we do that they remember Leonard's brother is supposed to be a lot taller than he is!  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, BlossomCulp said:

That must be what I was thinking of with the aisle comment!  So it's the episode with Wyatt that's a step out of time?  I can accept that I guess :).  Anyway with regard to Leonard's siblings I don't really care that much if we ever meet them but I hope of we do that they remember Leonard's brother is supposed to be a lot taller than he is!  

I realized that you already mentioned the water breaking so I've been trying to edit my post and my computer (or the website) is giving me trouble, lol! But yes, it seems Wyatt's comments are the issue here, unless he meant that he wanted more grandkids.

Edited by Gothish520
5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

But the water breaking incident was mentioned in season nine's The Bachelor Party Corrosion. That a fairly recent episode. Strange.

But that means that Wyatt made his comment about wanting grandkids who would grow up in a house without wheels well before the water-breaking incident. Penny's sister may have been dead-set against having kids back in S4, so he had his hopes on Penny. The "nephew" may have belonged to Penny's brother by virtue of marriage or serious shack-up and the relationship ended shortly afterward.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

But that means that Wyatt made his comment about wanting grandkids who would grow up in a house without wheels well before the water-breaking incident. Penny's sister may have been dead-set against having kids back in S4, so he had his hopes on Penny. The "nephew" may have belonged to Penny's brother by virtue of marriage or serious shack-up and the relationship ended shortly afterward.

That is not out of the realm of possibility. Nice!

On May 4, 2018 at 10:57 AM, 3 is enough said:

I much prefer Annie Potts as Meemaw.  

She's wonderful in the role in Young Sheldon, but were you imagining that they do a little wrinkly makeup for an appearance on TBBT? I'd like to see that.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

She's wonderful in the role in Young Sheldon, but were you imagining that they do a little wrinkly makeup for an appearance on TBBT? I'd like to see that.

That would be fun to see.  

The younger Meemaw played by Annie Potts just seems to have a totally different personality than the older Meemaw played by June Squibb.  Young Meemaw is not as doting- she loves Sheldon, but she doesn't take any crap from him either.  I didn't get the same impression from older Meemaw.  Admittedly it has been a couple of years and my memory may be hazy.

13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

They "aged up" Estelle Getty to play Sophia Petrillo on "Golden Girls," so they could make Annie Potts look like she's in her 80s. 

• Love 3